mick-the-mad

Community this has been the biggest preseason I have ever done. I was supposed to get this team reveal out on Sunday but for one reason or other I panicked, questioned all my selections, even the ones I was certain in and told Jock I needed more time.

I have spent the last three nights sleepless, have found myself zoning out at work thinking about Ablett’s shoulder, Swan’s NAB output, Naitanui’s sore back, has Newnes hoodwinked us all? So many question marks on so many of my selections. I’d hit the “Clear my Team” button and stare at a blank team for hours on end. I had gotten Supercoach block.

Had I burnt myself out? I did start my preseason way back in September when we started putting together inaugural Jock Reynolds supercoach magazine. It has felt like an eternity since then and all the time I have been focusing on Supercoach 2015. Last night I put out a tweet and the replies really hit home, and I really want to thank this great community for getting behind me, settling me back down and allowing me to finalise my 2015 Team. Massive thanks to you all.

Today I came home from work, reread the Jock Reynolds Magazine and gone through my Team building articles on the website. I have drawn from both, stuck to my structures, my lessons learnt and finalised my Supercoach Team.

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

Mad Mick’s Mayhem 2015

mick

My structure: Midpricer

Once again community I am going with a Midprice strategy in 2015. The reason for this is simple and comes down to Supercoach Behavioural Science. In order to be a Supercoach winner you must distance yourself from the group think and shoal behaviour. As you all know my good friend Peter Higginbotham has wrote a wonderful article in our magazine outlining the shoal and shark behaviour. This is my favourite article in the magazine and really reinforces my belief that I can distance myself from the group within the scope of a Midprice strategy.

If you look at all the winning teams from over the last 5 years, all of them have taken risks with their starting squads and found season long keepers in midprice players. Last year’s winner started with both Parker and Swallow and was quick to jump on Gray early. Having all three of these players separated Patrick Warman’s C-Money from the shoal and propelled him to Supercoach supremacy.

Last season I started with 11 midprice players but after reviewing my structures from last season I always was going to limit my exposure to 8 maximum in 2015. I have settled for 7.

My strategy:

Points on the board early. I am hoping this team will get me off to a flying start. The draw has been accessed and I am confident some of my more speculative picks will get off to a fast start. I know I am one of the best traders in the game so if I’m ranked in the top 500 before the byes I’ll back myself in to be in with a shout for the top prize for the run home over the last three rounds.

Selections of community debate:

Gary Ablett (MID $734,600K).

I have U-turned on this selection over the last two weeks more times than I care to mention. It was a lot. I spoke with conviction on the Podcast that I can’t go in with him but after rereading the magazine and my “Team building Articles” I have backed in my earlier preseason assessments and slotted him back in my team. I had made great plans to start with Mumford instead but then I thought to myself why don’t I start with both.

What I said in “Supercoach Team Building” article

“This Now I’ve got a slight problem here, as a couple of my lessons from last year clash on this selection. Lesson 4 states all my players must have completed a full preseason and lesson 8 states I must select Gary Ablett. As you may or may not know Gary has still yet to participate in full contact training which means he technically doesn’t meet lesson 4 criteria. However this injury has not affected Gary’s aerobic training and he is arguably fitter than ever. He has smashed his personal best in the 2km time trial and hasn’t missed a beat since he started running back in November. If the injury was foot related and affected his fitness base I’d be more concerned as this would lead to him struggling to run games out and the likelihood of more rest time forward. Rodney Eade has come out this week and said Ablett will once again play the majority of his time through the midfield. Nat Fyfe had a very similar preseason in 2014 only doing aerobic work due to his shoulder recovery and still managed to have a career best year.”

What I said in the Jock Reynolds Magazine

mick 1

Tex Walker (MID/FWD $430,400K).

Never select Key Position forwards. Well no sort of. Those of you with a copy of the Jock Reynolds magazine will know the findings of the Buffalo Jump and know that staying away from KPF at the top of they’re price curve is key. However as I stated in the mag Tex goes into 2015 at the bottom of his curve.

mick2

This makes him a safe pick, even if on paper he looks like a risky section. After North Melbourne, Tex will face Collingwood, Melbourne and the Doggies in his next three games. I backing him to go really big (130+) in at least 2 of those games. He will always be a stepping stone player for me and I don’t expect to have him after the byes. Perfect money making downgrade in round 11.

Shaun Higgins (DEF/FWD $400K).

How many Supercoaches thought Robbie Gray was burn man destined never to fulfil his potential about this time last year? Not too many predicted the year he was about to have, that’s one thing for sure. I don’t think Higgins will average close to Robbie’s 111 from last year but he only needs to average 90 to be a success and a season long keeper. I’m backing he averages over 90 this year and plays every game. Massive call but these are the calls you have to make if you want to get near the big prize.

New club with top 4 credentials, new lease of life, full preseason, a pinch hitting role in the midfield – he has ticked all the boxes he has needed to, to get a position in my team.

Robbie Gray (MID/FWD $596,900K).

Speaking of Robbie Gray, I reread this today and I just have to lock him in and throw away the key.

mick 3

I’ll be back Robbie in for a massive 2015 and backing myself in on this selection.

Shane Mumford (RUC $613,700K).

It’s all about the points early with this selection. Brave move here but Mumford won’t be in my team come round 6. I’m taking the points, flicking Bellchambers into the Ruck and using his massive cash value to make an early upgrade in both the forward line and the midfield. This selection will make or break my season but the more I analysis it the more comfortable I feel about it. Two words for you “SHARK MOVE”

Early draw of Saints, Melbourne and Sydney. Averaged 151 over the first 3 rounds against the same opponents in 2014. An average of 130 in 2015 would still be a massive win.

What’s nagging at me:

The fact I had a freak out when there was nothing to worry me. All the answers were right in front of me and all I needed to do was back myself in. Hope this has helped you settle your nerves and allow you to back yourself in. I know I have put in the work this preseason and I have given every selection a detailed analysis. If my team fails it won’t be due to lack of effort and that alone will put me to sleep tonight with ease.

Over to you community – I take the good the bad and the ugly, so don’t hold back

tom · 01/04/2015 at 16:55

whats your strategy for starting Bellchambers at F4? What are you hoping to do with him?

tom · 01/04/2015 at 16:56

sorry, I just read the Mumford bit then

@Bails_81 · 01/04/2015 at 16:58

Solid Mick. Should go a shite load better than 2014.

Dools · 01/04/2015 at 17:02

Well Mick,
Just when I thought you had truly lost it in the Podcast! You go and do this!
You are not doing our country any favours regarding meekness me ol' China LOL!

David · 01/04/2015 at 17:05

Hi Mick, Love the team – I believer mid pricers is the way in the backline this year.

My only concern is your 'shark move' – seems odd to me. I reckon Mumford is sure to depreciate? So you are planning to use the 'massive cash value' upgrade your forwards and mids in round 6. But by doing that dont you potentially have more money to use now… are you expecting his price to go even higher? Also does this mean you think TBC is a keeper? or would you be planning to upgrade him too at some point?

killakombo · 01/04/2015 at 18:58

by trading mumford to tbc upon the price rise he should gain 300k plus TBC's value increase. so maybe 350k.. thats a great downtrade move to get in form premo mids or fwds man..

david · 01/04/2015 at 21:01

No see that’s not right. Bellchambers will be worth far more than 300k by round 5 or 6, his price will go up. And mumfords will drop. So you’ve effectively lost 100 or so thousand bucks ?

Tom · 01/04/2015 at 21:37

Good question david – perhaps it is easier to understand if you see my Ruck line as just Naitanui and Belchambers and focus on just F4. I currently can't justify spending the money on Bartel, Goddard, Martin or Delidio as I can't predict with any conviction that all of these will start the year well. So instead I am starting Mumford as my F4 (belchambers swing). I am confident that he will outscore all those other forwards over the first 5 rounds and go up to $650k. When I trade him out I will bring in a forward who hasn't started so well for potenially 500k netting me $150k. I will then use this to make an upgrade on a midfield rookie in the same round or possibly round 7.

Will get a jump on all those without and trade out when everone else is looking at ways to get him in

@Da_Mad_Irishman · 01/04/2015 at 21:39

You got it spot on Tom. So your running the same strategy I take it. Let's hope it pays off for us.

david · 02/04/2015 at 03:20

If Mumford is averaging 120 over 6 rounds like you hope, and is still fit and going well, good luck trading him out to rely on Bellchambers output.

Dan · 01/04/2015 at 17:08

Love the article mick! just need an advice on who to pick as D4
KK, langdon or Rampe

scrofl · 01/04/2015 at 17:16

Of those three I'd be going with KKolod.

Rick · 01/04/2015 at 17:12

I need a view on my team

Def: Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba,Higgins,Goodes,Saad/ Goddard, Mcintosh

Mid: Fyfe, Sloane, Sidebottom, Parker, Wines, Griffen, S. Mitchell, Cripps/ Vananberg, Yoleman, Lambert

Rucks: Leuenberger, Bellchambers

Forwards: Bartel, Goddard, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan/ Lamb, Caleb

Reason for this team: Everyones defence is a bit risky this year so I have decided to go with Shaw who should average over 100. Newns who is a lock. I reckon Lumumba will definitely go up in price and bump up his average with his new club and new role. Same with higgins. Goodes will play a vital role in WB with the loss of liberatore and saad is just a playing rookie.

Mid: Ive tried to go with a lot of POD picks in my midfield who I reckon WONT attract the tag. Fyfe will obviously get the tag but his score output is to much to ignore. Sloane wont get a hard tag with dangerfield in their. Sidebottom wont get a hard tag with pendlebury in their. Same with Parker and Wines. Griffen is a lock no matter what. S.mitchell is a fallen premium. Lets not forget that this man was over 600k at the start of 2014 and then I have cripps.

The rucks is where I am most skeptical. I do not worry about leuenbergers performance in the nab cup, he will and should average 85+ if not 95+. Bellchambers is obviously going to be the number 1 ruck and should DEFINITELY average 80+ and if were lucky 90+. My plan is to get a keeper in one of them, and to trade the other one out by either downgrading someone OR by downgrading the ruckman to a returning Kreuzer in round 4.

Forward: Bartel, Goddard…… Do I really have to say anything? Swan is a fallen premium. LOCK. Then salem, clark and hogan.

I would really love some suggestions on this team and some pointers. I am confident in lumumba and higgins so dont even attempt on swaying me away from them.
Cheers 🙂

jim · 01/04/2015 at 17:14

dk about having sloane and sideass in the same midfield there both highly priced!

Sam · 01/04/2015 at 17:31

With sloane, sidebum, parker, wines, griffin, mitchell you may be stuck with 6 players in the top 10-25 mids, which isn't useful very useful. Leuenberger playing forward isn't SC relevant and Swan is fallen but not a premium, best case scenario, he matches last years scores.

Tyler · 01/04/2015 at 20:30

Best case scenario for swan is he returns to his previous form. You remember how he won a brownlow? That’s how good he was. If he can get anywhere near that form, he is a value pick

Guest · 01/04/2015 at 17:16

Thoughts please

DEF: Shaw, Newnes, Higgins, Lumumba, Ibbo, Goodes (Saad, McIntosh)
MID: Gazza, Fyfe, Jobe, Griff, Swallow, Rich, Sheed, Cripps (Ellis-Yolmen, Heeney, Miller)
RUC: Goldstein, Bellchambers (Cox)
FWD: Gray, Dusty, Swan, Salem, Clark, Lambert (Lonie, Hogan)

Guest · 01/04/2015 at 17:21

$6,200 in the bank

scrofl · 01/04/2015 at 17:16

Who should I pick out of Newnes, KKolod or Higgins? I'm leaning towards KKolod to save a bit of coin.

SL17 · 01/04/2015 at 19:00

Higgins will move forward as well and kick goals meaning he will score well, everybody knows Higgins potential, don't know what else he could have done this preseason to prove he isn't ready

@TylerCArmstrong · 01/04/2015 at 19:30

splinter · 01/04/2015 at 17:31

bartel (martin), wells

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 18:27

Goddard
    Rich – but neither
    Hibberd

Not on the Gibson wagon – talk is that Frawley & Lake will free up Gibson to roam around. Lake will be managed similar to last season (less the choking incident), and play a maximum of 15 games, maybe only 12 games, and some will be played in the forward line.

Gibson will play his normal role for most of the season, and particularly in the games that matter (against other top 8 type teams), as he is the best 3rd man up defender in the league.

@TylerCArmstrong · 01/04/2015 at 20:11

bartel, rich, hibberd.

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 17:17

It's a good team Mick. I see the logic in starting Mumford and admit it is very tempting but i feel people are chasing last seasons points a bit. The other thing is how much do you value a trade? Because if you already know you're trading him out at Round 6, then I'd say a trade made this early put potentially be worth 5-10 points per week (perhaps Higgos the man to work that one out) so you'd probably have to take that off the 130 you think he will average.

Like I said it's tempting, I've had him in there myself at times, but I think I will stick with the more trust worthy Goldilock. The Goldchambers has a good feel to it this year.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 17:50

I won't entertain Mummy in my side either but I definitely can appreciate the temptation given his full preseason and his ruck opponents over the first month of footy.

Just no way can I see him playing more than 18 games so can't justify a $600K plus outlay under such circumstances myself as trades are too precious to burn them stuffing around with your rucks midseason.

Tyler · 01/04/2015 at 17:18

Definitely best team reveal out of all and best team for me. Love your articles and your always trustworthy , and thoughts on clancee Pearce.

OldOcker · 01/04/2015 at 20:13

Tyler, Clancee Pearce will have tagging duties this year along with De Boer.
    Too risky for mine.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 17:19

Guys final question till I lock the key :

Ablett, Mumford, Swan, Higins OR Lumumba (please pick one if you pick this option)

OR

Beams, Goldy, Bartel, Murphy

Marty · 01/04/2015 at 17:22

First with Higgins

Luviboy1 · 01/04/2015 at 17:22

Option 2

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 17:25

Lol damn already 1-1 can a few of you guys please throw your votes in I'm really torn on this one.

Motsy · 01/04/2015 at 17:32

Depends what you're looking to do.

Option 1 has a lot more risk, possible cash generation in Swan/Higgins

Option 2 has 4 season long locks. < my preference.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 17:41

2-1!

I being honest was leaning towards Option 2 and is what I've had locked in for a while though Gaz coming back and Swan and his possible bargain buy is killing me to leave out.

Mumford hurts to leave out too. I like him alot mor then Goldy though just need to allow all over.

Any other voters would be appreciated with their opinions!

CHEERS GUYS!

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:11

Any other votes guys be appreciated?

Seb · 01/04/2015 at 18:06

Option 2

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:15

Cheers Seb.

Any others? Starting to feel I've gone the right way with Option 2 to lock in!

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 18:29

1 with Higgins

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:48

Thanks mate! Just as you think it's going to end up a heavy 2 someone brings it back!

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 20:02

Any other votes fellas?

r2d2 · 01/04/2015 at 17:20

Decent team !

Liam · 01/04/2015 at 17:20

Whats the go with Vandenberg in your starting mids Mick didnt think he was elevated off the dees rookie list, am i missing something?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 17:31

He's obviously counting on this happening in the next 24 hours or presumably he will tweak him out the line-up in favour of a named rookie if that's not the case.

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 18:30

yes, his been elevated I believe.

KJU FC · 01/04/2015 at 17:21

Absolutely love this team Mick! Wouldnt be suprised if you went all the way and won the 50K.

Love your thinking on the Mumford/Bellchamber trades but not sure on Naitnui
Whats your reasoning for starting Nic Nat?

Good luck for the season mate

Matthew · 01/04/2015 at 17:22

what do you think about gibson as a pod to shaw? plenty of scoring potential now he wont be second key back

Northernsoul74 · 01/04/2015 at 18:04

Not sure Gibson is a POD. I've seen him in most teams. Granted probably not as many teams as Shaw but still a lot.

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 18:33

Gibson will play his normal role. He is the best 3rd up defender in the league, the Hawks know it, and will continue to use him in this role when playing good opposition.

Lake will be managed again, like last year 12-15 games plus finals, and will play forward at times. Frawley releases the reliance on Lake in defence, not the reliance on Gibson's role.

james · 01/04/2015 at 17:22

will heppell or jobe watson get the tag for essendon?

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 17:55

Mostly Heppell I feel James but it will be a bit of both depending on whether the tagger is big bodied and strong or more lean but a better runner.

r2d2 · 01/04/2015 at 17:22

Thoughts on j kelly in def ??? (Geelong)

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 18:29

A decent selection for mine. Should at least hold his price well.

Really the only negative is his age and what that means in terms of both games played and role. If he sees plenty of midfield time and stays healthy he has a chance to finish a top 8 defender in 2015.

skindog · 01/04/2015 at 17:25

Mad team there Irish, a couple of risks there but if you have a large enough sack, go for it,,, no shoal for you, free willie,,,,,

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 17:26

The suspense was killing the community but the wait was worth it as you're putting something out there on the park that's sure to differentiate you from the pack for better or worse.

The Gaz/Rocky starting tandem is huge so good to see one of the inner sanctum is prepared to put their plums fully on the line with this. It both of them explode for 150 plus this weekend many of us are going to be feeling pretty silly and we will likely be playing catch up to you all season.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 17:44

I would love to have the plums to go Gaz & Rocky. I did up until end of NAB.

Beams forced his way in over Rocky due to the fear of Rocky moving up and Gaz concern is obvious.

Can see it biting us big lol!

chrissovan · 01/04/2015 at 17:26

Do you think it’s a risk to have two rucks with same bye round?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 17:44

Not particularly as it's the top 18 scores anywhere on the field that count during the byes. Besides Mick is planning on cutting and running on Mummy well before the byes anyway. 🙂

Derek · 01/04/2015 at 17:57

Nah, only need 18 on field, doesn’t matter what positions

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 18:36

Doesnt matter.

Just need 18+ scoring players for each of the bye rounds, doesnt matter which positions they fill, so long as you can put all 18 on the ground.

chrissovan · 01/04/2015 at 21:38

That’s right! Forgot about that

Cheers guys

Adam · 01/04/2015 at 17:27

Need some thaughts or advice on my defense

Shaw. Johnson. Kolo

Ibbo. Saad. Mcintosh

Edwards. Hamling

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 18:40

Solid defence. Should generate some cash, although Im not sold on Ibbo.

DigDug · 01/04/2015 at 17:28

Would you say that JJ Keneddy has just as much reason to be picked than Taylor Walker considering the early VERY easy draw that West Coast are facing. The guy can kick up to 11 goals against a weak team and potentially could reach the peak of his bubble after 4-5 rounds.

Interested on your thoughts?

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 18:41

Yes, good point.

JJK also looked very good in the 3rd NAB match, moving well.

schmit · 01/04/2015 at 17:31

39k left would love some opinions on my team…

Back: shaw, newnes, Lumumba
goodes, oxley, mcintosh (hamling, saad)
Mid: ablett, fyfe, parker
wines, stevens, rich
newton, cripps (Anderson, heeney, CEY)
Ruck: goldstien, maric (read)
Fwd: gray, martin, bennell
TBC, salem, clark (Hogan, lambert)

Cheers schmit

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:13

2 def rookies is a risk. having both Steven and Rich in your mids is unusual. normally settle for one.
    perhaps consider trading one of these down to a rook and trading up one of your def rooks to a mid-pricer

schmit · 01/04/2015 at 20:34

thanks mate maybe like this?..
      downgrade steven to cockatoo….
      upgrade hamling to geary…..
      wines to sloane?

Hugh Jaace · 01/04/2015 at 17:31

Hi All, worked long and hard on this team , appreciate your thoughts and advice. key STRATEGY here is loading up on Midfield at the expense of Defence which I believe is depleted in terms of Premo options, hence if there is a line where you can afford to go light and trade up and into Form players, it is the Defence in 2015. Obvious risk with this strategy, however from experience, you have to have a strategy based on what’s on offer and how you see things rolling out
Any way, thoughts on this would be appreciated:
D: Newnes, Lumumba, Kolo, Pearce, Goodes, Saad (Oxley, McIntosh)
M: Lewis, Pendles, Beams, Priddis, Parker,Wallis, Newton, Cripps, (CEY, Vande, Lambert)
R: S Martin, Bellch (Cox)
F: Martin, Gray, Bartel, Lynch, M Clark, Salem (Honeych, Lamb)

Derek · 01/04/2015 at 18:00

Be careful with a weak defence, not sure that a strong defence will win you SuperCoach, but a poor defence will lose it

Luviboy1 · 01/04/2015 at 17:33

Dammit, here I am thinking Im the only one starting with Tex. Sure his percentage will rise somewhat now 😉

Derek · 01/04/2015 at 18:01

I think I’m the only one with Cloke. Starting to have a good look at Tex

Luviboy1 · 01/04/2015 at 18:30

I don't have big enough plums to have Cloke in my team.

Tyrone · 01/04/2015 at 17:36

Pendles + Lumumba
vs
Gibson + Danger

Tyrone · 01/04/2015 at 17:38

Or Gibson + Lewis

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 17:43

I'd personally go Gibson + Danger. Though I'm not an expert (this is my 4th year now and only my 2nd really into it year)

Marco_Polo94 · 01/04/2015 at 17:37

Nice Mick, genius written all over this team. Love the tex selection, I have gone Taylor Adams as my smokey up forward. Will take some serious plums to trade out mumford at that stage if he is averaging 130+ tho!

Jack · 01/04/2015 at 17:39

Thoughts REALLY appreciated!

DEF: Gibson, Taylor, Lumumba, McDonald, Henderson, McIntosh (Hamling, Saad)
MID: Fyfe, Boak, Cotchin, Griffin, Wines, Steven, Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen (Anderson, Heeney, Miller)
RUCK: Goldstein, NicNat (Read)
FWD: Gray, Martin, Adams, Bellchambers, Salem, Clark (Lambert, Hogan)

Not sure about Gibson and Wines. Are there better options?

Thanks!

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 17:46

Shaw over Gibson in my books.

Love the Wines choice. Kids a gun and only going to explode.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 17:42

Question who is the best defender sub 487k?

phil · 01/04/2015 at 18:00

Kelly

KJU FC · 01/04/2015 at 18:00

Kelly, Johnson, Taylor and Murphy are a few good options but for a bit extra you can get Hibberd which IMO should be the best pick out of those named.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 18:00

Still reckon Newnes represents best overall value for money but I see Kelly and Hurn as attractive alternatives too.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:04

I have Newnes.

Murphy is who I have but would Kelly or Johnson or Taylor or Hibberd be a far better choice?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 18:12

I had Bob Murphy for much of last season and he didn't exactly rock my world and at times definitely disappointed. Still he wasn't a horrible pick and perhaps his game will jump another gear as captain this season.

All those other guys have their question marks too which is what makes defence such a headache this season but I'd give the nod slightly to Kelly out of that bunch if I had to go with one.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:14

Thanks for your imput mate. What do you expect out of Murphy and Kelly per game?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 18:22

At a guess perhaps 85-90 for Bob and 90-95 for Jimbo so not much in it when you get right down to it.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:25

Thanks mate. Might have to look at Kelly again.

Murphy has the potential to go bigger more though wouldn't you agree? Especially now with the C?

Northernsoul74 · 01/04/2015 at 18:08

Your guess is as good as mine but fancy Bob Murphy to have a great season.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:11

Thanks mate. Any others with a comment/opinion?

Tofor · 01/04/2015 at 17:47

Love the team Mick.
Love this site.

Thoughts on my team as it stands?
Shaw, Newnes, Lumumbra, Goodes, N Brown, Hamling (McIntosh, Saad)
Fyfe, Kennedy, Lewis, Parker, Griffin, Rich, Cripps, Ellis Yolmen (Sheed, Heeney, Miller)
Jacobs Goldstein (Read)
Gray, Martin, Swan, Bellchambers, Salem, Clark (Hogan, Lambert)

Cheers 🙂

Luviboy1 · 01/04/2015 at 19:01

Sheed on the bench is a waste imo. Other than that nothing too worrying, maybe upgrade a defensive rookie to a midpricer. Decent side.

Nash · 01/04/2015 at 17:57

Chris judd or lachie Neal!
I have asked this question before and it is now not letting me sleep. Who do I take??

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 18:03

Short-term Judd. Long-term Neale. How long do you plan on keeping them?

@TylerCArmstrong · 01/04/2015 at 19:51

agree with Nash

Matthew · 01/04/2015 at 18:11

Can someone please help me with some improvements on my team?
DEFS: H shaw, gibson, newnes, lumbumba, goodes, saad (mcintosh, goddard)
MIDS: Fyfe, parker, heppell, griffen, s mitchell, m wallis, cripps, CEY (heeney, anderson, t miller)
RCKS: Goldstein, bellchambers (obrien)
FWDS: Gray, martin, swan, salem, hogan, clarke ( lonie lambert)

I have 400k in the bank
and i dont know who to upgrade! thanks in advance community.

jim · 01/04/2015 at 18:22

Chuck Hepp for G A J

Matthew · 01/04/2015 at 18:33

why is that?

Jimi · 01/04/2015 at 18:13

Ibbo, Geary or KK

AND

Mumford + Nic Nat or Goldstein + Maric

I've been rotating all week, cannot decide.

jim · 01/04/2015 at 18:21

Thumper

harvey · 01/04/2015 at 18:45

without a doubt march goldy and to get money you should be thinking about getting goodes if you already have him stick with kk

Jimi · 01/04/2015 at 21:31

Cheers mate, already have Goodes btw.

@TylerCArmstrong · 01/04/2015 at 19:50

Not Geary. Probably Ibbo. And Maric and Goldstein.

Sully321 · 01/04/2015 at 18:18

parker or wines when talking about consistency? (Leaning towards parker)

Luviboy1 · 01/04/2015 at 18:27

Leaning the right way.

harvey · 01/04/2015 at 18:43

if you can afford paler and don't have these player i would get them if i were you lewis boak dangerfeild griffin
      instead of parker and wines

@TylerCArmstrong · 01/04/2015 at 19:49

Parker

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 19:48

Parker

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:19

I personally have gone Goldy & Maric.

I just can't take Nic Nat on what he put out. If he turns it around and rips it apart then I will seriously consider a trade if Goldy/Maric under deliver.

jim · 01/04/2015 at 18:22

Geary or Ibbo?
And why?

@TylerCArmstrong · 01/04/2015 at 19:48

ibbo. Has done it before. Looks fit. Geary is unproven. If Ibbo gets to an average of 90 you will be laughing.

Jessica · 01/04/2015 at 18:24

Talking on-field rookies.

Do we think Hogan will out-score Lambert?

Motsy · 01/04/2015 at 18:33

Lambert wasn't named, so I would say so!

Leon · 01/04/2015 at 18:34

past wisdom says no but Hogan is special and should have good JS. Lambert might get the vest early but could also do a miles…. I am going Hogan first week but it's a toss up.

Jessica · 01/04/2015 at 18:40

Luviboy1 · 01/04/2015 at 18:43

Wrong post sorry >_<

harvey · 01/04/2015 at 18:42

by a country mile

Hotplates · 01/04/2015 at 18:34

Any ideas or comments here would be much appreciated guys:

DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Ibbotson, Saad (McIntosh, Hamling)
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Danger, Wines, Griffen, Cripps, Anderson, CEY (Heeney, Miller, Lambert)
RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Read)
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Lamb)

Cheers!

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:11

Absolute rock solid team with no obvious weaknesses. Will need to get one more super premo in before the bye cos Ablett and Pendles share the r12 bye

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 20:22

good looking team, maybe a little light M3-5 , although they all gave the potential to go big this year I think it's a bit risky going all 3 . You could look at ibbo ton down to Goodes to free up a little cash, but it comes down to your gut

Basil · 01/04/2015 at 18:34

Wondering why no one has hodge

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:32

A lock for DT, but not a huge SC scorer.

Donavan · 01/04/2015 at 19:41

Because Hawthorn will manage his workload, particularly in the middle of the season. The Hawks are great at managing their stars, and they have the depth to do it without impacting the team performance.

Leon · 01/04/2015 at 18:36

Really getting into the nitty gritty… need advice

Goldy and swan – boring but will play most games. Worried about swan going backwards and how new rule will effect goldy
or
Maric and bennell – bit of a POD. Maric can be a monster when fit and will play in a up coming side. Harley is in the age bracket to take the next step and GC should play finals. Love the idea of the ablett/bennell double….

really 50/50 here. First gives me a base, second could win the 50k

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:10

definitely the second for me

Maric second half was good. See his price going up. Goldy price likely to fall early.

Bennell looks a real good selection for me. Didn't have the best preparation last season, but still scored well. Tore it up in the pre-season, and Rocket has already said that he will get more midfield minutes.

Gordo · 01/04/2015 at 18:38

wallis rich wells pick two
rampe the gift thumper savage higgins pick two

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:07

wallis rich
    rampe KK

Gordo · 01/04/2015 at 20:24

thats what I'm currently running

matt · 01/04/2015 at 18:39

Beautiful team micko!!
Also for those wanting a league
881682
5 spots left, preferably top 5000 players because it’s fairly serious

tyler · 01/04/2015 at 18:39

im almost happy!!

$164,000 left over

def – C. Enright.. J. Newnes.. B. Smith.. G. Ibbotson.. A. Saad..
K. Mcintosh.. (J. Hamling.. H. Goddard..)

Mid – G. Ablett.. N. Fyfe.. D. Beams.. R. Griffen.. O. Wines.. N. Van berlo..
B. Newton.. I. Heeny.. (C. Ellis Yolmen.. K. Lambert.. T. Miller..)

Ruck – B. Mcevoy.. S. Lycett.. (R O'Brien..)

Fwd – D. Martin.. D. Swan.. T. Mitchell.. R. Gray.. J. Hogan.. M. Clark.. (T. Lamb.. C. Salem..)

im thinking about.. sloan in for griffen.. upgrade lycett in ruck to ??.. and unsure on a rookie ruck

thanks heaps for feedback

Gordo · 01/04/2015 at 18:41

trade vanberlo to cripps

tyler · 01/04/2015 at 23:43

just did 🙂 thanks heaps

harvey · 01/04/2015 at 18:41

vanderberg ? he hasn't been elavated to rookie list why start him ?
loop hole im guessing

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:47

Clem Smith starting for Carlton? Anyone else looking at him now? Just traded him in for Kraka!

Jessica · 01/04/2015 at 18:51

Only avg'd 25 from 55% TOG.

I'll pass for now, may make a corrective trade if he surprises us all.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 18:57

Yes didn't exactly set the preseason world on fire but at least it's one warm body named along with McIntosh for the Tiges and also listed on the field too which is encouraging.

No Lambert is a disappointment though.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:59

With that said where would you look?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 19:56

Lamb, Lonie, Krakoeur, Tarrant and perhaps others we haven't even expected are all still in play. We'll know a lot tomorrow about an hour out from the Tiges Blues bounce down once the other teams are announced so there will be some mad scrambling then.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 19:59

I will see you here tomorrow then within the hour ;P

Redgumwon · 01/04/2015 at 21:20

Lonie is still needing an upgrade as well. There are quite a few on the watch list still

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:34

A playing rookie, named on the field. Straight to the bench with the E.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 18:51

Bugger Lambert named as an emergency only so let the team rejigging begin!

I've been pretty keen on Tarrant which most coaches have ignored to this point (in fact didn't even rate a mention on Jock's cheat sheet) but perhaps he will now come into calculations if named in the Kangas 25 tomorrow which I reckon is reasonably likely.

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:37

Tarrant will play defence, and in Scotties best 22. As long as his body holds out. Rookie priced and will score 60+ average. Will take that any day for a forward/defence rookie.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 19:42

Agreed Kev. Still needs to get named first as the Roos depth is pretty good now but the Grima and Hansen injuries definitely help his case heaps.

LEKD0G · 01/04/2015 at 19:54

I suggested him as an option in one of my videos, but you're right haven't heard a thing about him

Marco_Polo94 · 01/04/2015 at 20:03

So because he is an emergency only we shouldn't still pick him? surely he will get game time at some point during the season

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 20:05

That's when you pick him, hopefully as one rookie has fattened, downgrade to lambert coming in. You want a full team playing from round 1 for the most cash generation.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 20:21

You just want to start generating cash as soon as possible in the race to get to full premo as fast as you can, especially if you are playing for rank which let's face it most of us are at round 1.

Each coach will have to make their own judgments there but I definitely will be looking to start with 29 round 1 active players if possible, in fact 30, if miraculously a ruck rookie option is named.

Marco_Polo94 · 01/04/2015 at 20:26

Cheers lads. I knew the answer i suppose i was just hoping for someone to say KEEP HIM aha, only had $800 in the kitty left

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 20:44

Ha ha don't worry this stuffs me up too. Who knows we may get some better news with teams selections tomorrow night.

I'm sure Lambert will get a place in our teams at some point during the season it just won't likely be round 1 in Addicts.

FearTheBeard · 01/04/2015 at 18:52

Who would you go for instead? I have CEY, Heeney, Miller already in rookie mids?

Lambert down back.

PreviouslyOnLost · 01/04/2015 at 18:56

Mick ya Mad man, loving the team.

What are your thoughts on Josh Kennedy over Tex Walker. Eagles first 5 games are great, including the dogs and the giants, who JK dominates. I'm thinking of using him as an early stepping stone to gray. Thoughts?

OJ Scott · 01/04/2015 at 19:00

Is Taylor Hunt a good mid priced pick?
now that he is at the tigers he may play a bigger role
I haven't seen anyone talk about him at all

Graham · 01/04/2015 at 19:58

Have had him on my radar all pre-season, just got edged out by the rebirth of Goodes. Those 2 will probably score similarly, he could be an interesting POD

Kev · 01/04/2015 at 21:03

Likely to be a run with player with no Matt Thomas and Dan Jackson retiring. No for mine

sean · 01/04/2015 at 19:03

thoughts on getting Lycett in the forward line

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 19:13

I plan to go TBC there instead.

ConSpiroCy · 01/04/2015 at 19:05

Hi All, got 2 leagues that need a few more players. Highly competitive with both leagues finishing in the top 400 leagues last season. If you think you are good enough feel free to join. League codes are 121299 & 739845

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 19:59

I'm in mate, Skinbaskets the name

Sean · 01/04/2015 at 20:09

Have joined thanks – Sean's Mob

Samuel · 01/04/2015 at 19:06

With Lambert selected as an emergency do we still pick him?
Do we use up a trade to get him in when he plays or do we hold onto him now to save burning a trade?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 19:15

Nah I don't believe you can start with him over other forward rookies who do play round 1. I guess there is always a chance of a late withdrawal tomorrow night.

More likely instead he will become a potential downgrade target at some point during the season, ideally about rounds 6 or 7 when we start slaughtering our first wave of cash cows. 🙂

David · 01/04/2015 at 19:28

Is emg but might get a gig should Newman come out. Saying that if he does get a call up will definitely get the vest!

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 19:56

I'm aiming to have 29 starters . Missed out the last couple seasons by not being able to log in and make these corrective trades pre game, and it costs trades post R1 to get the right rookies in.

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 19:08

I can see the theory in the ruck cover/trade strategy, I just think we don't have the rucks available to make it work or make it worthwhile. What happens if in R2 all 3 of your rucks go down, which I think is quite possible considering their histories. I think cover only works if you have a proven season long player, otherwise your risky pick in the ruck is jepordised even further by having a risky cover sitting in the forwards. I'd love to be proven wrong, but I know my luck if that was my team, I'd have 2 trades within the first three rounds to cover my fallen ruckmen, or be risking donuts in the ruck or vest risk rookies playing on field in the forward.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 19:30

The main idea around having Lycett or TBC in your forward line is just to temporarily cover when your R1 or R2 misses one or two games such as a suspension to avoid that dreaded donut.

Obviously with a longer term issue such as a serious injury you are probably going to want to trade away your injured R1 or R2 for good..

As you say we are not blessed with the Cox DPP of seasons past so it will be a strategy some coaches take up and others decline. Only in hindsight will we know which is the more successful but two great fantasy minds in Mick and Jock are both running with this.

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:53

Can you imagine what would take place if Nic Nat and TBC were both injured on the same weekend?

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 19:54

Yeah, I understand the thought behind it, my point is tho, tBC is more likely to go down than the rucks he's covering, and if he does last longer and is needed to swing into the ruck, you're running another rookie on field in the forward. Ive played with the idea, but I guess I just don't have the testicular fortitude to risk it. 2 x durable rucks for me, if one goes down , trade sideways .

Gordo · 01/04/2015 at 20:28

what happens then if they are only out for 2 to 3 weeks still going to sideways trade?

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 20:48

2-3 for any premium is a sideways for me, unless there are rookies firing to offer cover. Original plan has been to bring Ryder into the forward as the first rookies fatten up as I think his price will drop. I just don't trust TBC and lycett is too awkedly priced to start for cover . Although if Ryder drops too much and is stinking it up, that's that plan blown too.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 20:31

I guess we'll just have to wait and see there. Plenty of folk didn't think Sandi would play 20 plus games last season either.

I just reckon you need to have some plan in place in case one of your rucks misses a week, rather than cop an obligatory donut or burn a precious trade, especially if you are playing for rank. Perhaps not such a big deal if you're just a league guy or gal.

No one is saying that all coaches should do this or that you would be foolish if you don't but it's still a valid option for mine even with a lack of awesome DPP options.

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 20:50

Please just give us one rookie ruck to start Round 1. I think they could be a little more generous with their DPP on big guys in the forwards who pinch hit .

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 21:12

No argument there Dognino. Should be way more forward/ruck DPPs than there are given how many ruckmen split their time up forward.

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 21:39

Apart from last year I can't remember TBC being injured all that often. I'm hearing a lot about how he's never played more than 18 games in a season, or he's averaged 10 games per year…..But you've got to remember he was third option behind David Hille and Paddy Ryder for a long time.
    I understand why people aren't picking him, after all he is a mid pricer who we haven't seen play in the NAB, but I don't think he should be ignored if you're worried about durability.

KJU FC · 01/04/2015 at 19:10

who is more likely to play Lonie or Daniel?

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:06

Lonie.daniel may play – but a very likely vest candidate

tom · 01/04/2015 at 19:11

is clem smith a good option?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 19:21

Only if other options like Vandenberg, Kraqouer (both require elevation), Miller, Anderson etc dry up.

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:40

A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

Dennis · 01/04/2015 at 19:18

Parker, Griffin, Lewis, Danger, Wines

Pick One

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:55

Parker

Redgumwon · 01/04/2015 at 21:25

Parker

Josh · 01/04/2015 at 19:21

What yas think of my team

Def: hodge Hibberd Lumumba sheppard geary Mcintosh (Goddard saad)

Mids: Gaz Heppell danger griffen s.selwood rich vanberlo Cripps (Heeney vandenberg Ellis-yolmen)

Rucks: leuey Bellchambers (durdin)

Fwds: Goddard Martin swan Mitchell Salem Clark (Daniel lamb)

220,500 remaining

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 19:57

That's a very POD team . I think you will have a lot of corrective trades in the first 6 weeks

KJU FC · 01/04/2015 at 19:22

do we stick with Lambert? could be a late inclusion with Newman likely to be withdrawn.

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 19:38

Wouldn't count on it.

His JS seems pretty iffy by this omission and could be an ideal vest candidate if not this week, perhaps next week, so no doubting his fantasy stocks took a huge hit tonight at least as far as a starting selection.

Think that we need to look for better options now and hopefully tomorrow night's teams uncover a few.

stevie · 01/04/2015 at 19:28

Have I gone mad picking Cunnington and rich in the guts? It's either that or a premo and a rookie combo. Thoughts on the better combo of the two? Join my league also community 191762

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:43

My structure is pure guns and rookies, so premo/rookie over Cunnington and Rich. Thanks for the invite Stevie, I'm in.

stevie · 01/04/2015 at 20:22

Welcome aboard Kev! I always go gun rookie in the mids but this year with the lack of wines/o'meara types im trying to think outside the box. Just can't justify having old men like griffin, Judd, swallow etc in there either

kevwal · 02/04/2015 at 09:46

I've gone a 4-4-2-4 structure Stevie. Was put onto this structure from one of Sarah's comments. Felt right when I traded out a mid and put the extra forward in. Just had to find one mid-priced breakout defender to enable 14 keepers first up. Now just hoping for 16 playing rookies. That doesn't sound good when you actually say it, does it?

Pete · 01/04/2015 at 19:33

Gibo or Simpson

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:05

Gibbo may have a higher ceiling, but may be more inconsistent. Might rest a week or two here and there as well. Simpson is consistent and generally reliable. Only knock on him is that teams started to look at curbing his influence late last year and became a bit more successful. if that continues, he could be in a for a tumble. I had him from the start last year, but for that reason, I am not saddling up again

@TylerCArmstrong · 01/04/2015 at 19:38

Love the team Mick! Out of all the guys from the website I think I relate to you the most in how we think. Best of luck for 2015, although it doesn't look like you will need it by the look of your starting team! Would like to hear what def mid pricers you like for less than 380k.

Brillsy21 · 01/04/2015 at 20:24

Thumper is looking good

Paddy · 01/04/2015 at 19:41

NoFatChicks (196197)

A league for fellow readers

Damo · 01/04/2015 at 21:38

I’m not fat, nor am I a chick, but that’s an offensive and ignorant name. I’m sure many “fellow readers” are girls, and some of them may even be carrying a few pounds, but none of us are perfect are we. Or are we all perfect, in our own little ways. Possibly too existential for you that question. What’s your other league called, “NoPoofters”? Enlighten up!

Jack · 01/04/2015 at 21:45

Paddy, that league name is a bit harsh if I'm honest

CJay · 01/04/2015 at 19:43

Hey Mick,

just wanted to say thank you for your pre season articles and you team reveal.
Look forward to more advice throughout the season and all the best for a crack at the 50k mate.
CJay.

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 19:56

Agree whole heartedly with CJay. Thanks Mick and all the flapping tarp crew. Let the games begin.

Samuel · 01/04/2015 at 20:29

Yep with both of you there guys. Best site on the net for SC for sure!

CJay · 01/04/2015 at 21:07

Yep I think in the haste to pick our own best side we are quick to overlook the effort of the J.R. team asking questions like sloane or danger, parker or JPK, odds or evens etc. What about the massive pre season all the J.R. team have put in with all the articles, the effort that went into the magazine and all the podcasts. Serious thanks to all the team. Now its down to us to take all the advice and put our own spin on it. Best of season to all for 2005.

CJay · 01/04/2015 at 21:09

Yep I think in the haste to pick our own best side we are quick to overlook the effort of the J.R. team asking questions like sloane or danger, parker or JPK, odds or evens etc. What about the massive pre season all the J.R. team have put in with all the articles, the effort that went into the magazine and all the podcasts. Serious thanks to all the team. Now its down to us to take all the advice and put our own spin on it. Best of season to all for 2015

CJay · 01/04/2015 at 21:11

lol Just correcting 2015 as I was in Wayno' delorean 2005 but you get the idea

Corey · 01/04/2015 at 19:48

neale or judd or mitchell

Corey · 01/04/2015 at 19:55

or should i upgrade to griffen

Kev · 01/04/2015 at 20:56

Griff if you can afford. After that Judd/Neale/Smitch

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 19:51

Love the structure Mick. Agree with 1 Def, 3 mid, and 2 fwd rooks. I have read a lot of stuff on this site about the plentiful nature of fwd rooks, but the longer the pre-season has gone on, the less convinced I am. I really think 2 is correct.

Anderson has less js IMO (competing with a few for that spot). You could save the cash with a Lonie, or have good js with Tarrant.

Corey · 01/04/2015 at 19:54

matt suckling or taylor

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 20:04

Hi Corey, check your research and then go with your gut feel.

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 19:55

I see many teams with B Goodes as D5. I understand the temptation, but I am just not convinced – his 2014 form was terrible, got delisted and really only has a run because of Libba's LTI. Are we all over-seduced by his NAB form? Is it better to save some money on another line and beef it up?

For example, in Mick's team, he has Rocky at F2. If you were to downgrade this to a Sloane/Beams range, then frees up the cash to upgrade D5 to a Geary?

Kev · 01/04/2015 at 20:55

He can certainly play, look at his 2013 stats. Never really got going in 2014 due to niggles/out of favour. His delisting was because of AFL draft requirements, not because they didn't want him

the crackerrrr · 01/04/2015 at 21:07

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 21:30

I'm very confident he will out score Geary for the year.
    You must understand not only Goodes, but Higgins, Griffen and Cooney all had an issue with the coach last year. It seems he had something against the older players. There's a new coach there now and since Bevo has taken over he has not only given Goodes plenty of minutes but also re-promoted him onto the senior list (albeit temporarily)

So my take is clearly the new coach likes him.

Francis · 01/04/2015 at 19:59

Who's a 300-400k midfielder that you can see doing well?

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 20:02

I think rich will be serviceable . Too risky for my liking when you can go guns n rookies. Cripps and CEY should do just as well and 150-200k cheaper

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:02

Wallis, Wells and Rich seem the picks

RoyDT · 01/04/2015 at 21:08

wallis POI/POD option

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 21:43

Wells is the pick of the bunch in that price bracket for me. Had averaged high 90s in the previous 3 years prior to an injury ravaged 2014 and he seems poised for a big 2015 with a good preseason.

Liam · 01/04/2015 at 19:59

Thoughts on my team community? any advice would be great!
Backline: Shaw, Gibson, Taylor, Newnes, Goodes, Saad (Mcintonsh, Goddard)
Middle: Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, Parker, Griffin, Cripps, Cockatoo, Ellis-Yolmen (Heeney, Freeman, Miller)
Rucks: Mummy, Maric (Nakervis)
Forwards: Gray, Dusty, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (Lonnie, Lambert)
30k left

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:23

Rock solid – just not sure about starting with Cockatoo. reckon he's a vest risk.
    Goddard seems out of favour now – consider Hamling or Oxley instead.
    Lambert is now a question (dammittt)

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 20:03

Anyone know who West Coast played in their second NAB game? I think off memory Carlton was 1st and Freo 3rd anyone know the other team they played?

Samuel · 01/04/2015 at 20:30

kevwal · 01/04/2015 at 20:55

Port

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 21:25

Thanks guys just trying to work out a Lambert replacement and that was the week Lamb went bang. I think Port had a few out though if I'm not mistaken.

GB · 01/04/2015 at 20:10

Hi guys, just wanted to know what you would choose:
Judd and Neale
OR
Beams/Sloane/Kennedy/Priddis/Ward/Lewis/Parker and Hallahan

Cheers

GB · 01/04/2015 at 20:10

If option 2 please pick player you would select

Rhino · 01/04/2015 at 20:43

Option 2 with Ward/Lewis/Parker in order of preference.

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 20:12

Sorry to post off topic, but any leagues out there needing a spot filled?

matt · 01/04/2015 at 20:15

ok.. I've had enough. need help.. just made my 674th change to my team.

def shaw newnes lumamba goodes mcintosh saad
mid ablett pendles Fyfe lewis parker cripps heeney ellis-y
ruck mumford bellchambers
forwards gray dusty swan bartel clark salem

now i know big tommy b is a concern but will look to upgrade later on.. and defence is light

need help guys, please. any suggestions would be great. thanks

Samuel · 01/04/2015 at 20:33

Don't doubt yourself – just go with your gut feel Matty… your team is pretty much the same as mine and looks pretty good to me.
    maybe just switch one of your Forward premos for a rookie and then swith one of your DEF rooks with a premo. Defender rookies aren't looking toogood this year

eatemalive · 01/04/2015 at 20:34

relax mate, you must be confident with your Guns, just have a cool drink or a dozen and wait for the teams to come out and make any rookie changes as required – good luck

matt · 01/04/2015 at 21:33

haha.. fair call.. cheers

matt · 01/04/2015 at 20:16

and 60k still i bank

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 20:18

Goodes seems to be a popular D5 selection, but not sure about having him at D4. I would suggest punting one of your forwards and upgrading def rookie. Easier to find an F6 than a D5

Lewis · 01/04/2015 at 20:27

Boak or danger?

Samuel · 01/04/2015 at 20:34

Boak for me. Dangers contract talks have put me off

Rhino · 01/04/2015 at 20:29

League for Lion’s Supporters

Jock’s Lions 400781

Tulendeena · 01/04/2015 at 20:34

What's the situation on Clem Smith?

I seem him named at $117 grand

Samuel · 01/04/2015 at 20:36

better options …

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 21:04

Samuel is probably right HOPEFULLY there will be better options.

Still he wasn't on anyone's radar until 2 hours ago so should definitely at least be considered now especially if playing midfield rookies are thin on the ground tomorrow.

Ryan · 01/04/2015 at 20:36

Hey guys, would love some feedback on my team.
Shaw,Hibberd,newnes,ibbotson,jaksch,saad(oxley,Macintosh)
Rockliff,pendles,fyfe,Sloane,Gibbs,rich,Newton,cripps(heeney,yoemen,miller)
Jacobs,goldstein(read)
Martin,Walters,Bellchambers,Salem,Clarke,hogan(Daniel,lamb)
20k in the bank
Sloane the best option at that price?
Thanks

Kev · 01/04/2015 at 20:47

Would consider spending a bit less in your mids and rucks and using the cash to beef up your forwards a bit

Rhino · 01/04/2015 at 20:56

If you’re prepared to run TBC at F3 the you might want to consider running him at R2. Jacobs could then become Gray who is more likely to hold his value IMO. Otherwise a solid team. I like the Gibbs and Walters selections for PODs.

Ryan · 01/04/2015 at 22:33

Thanks, that's an interesting point that I hadn't thought ff, but a good idea

Marco_Polo94 · 01/04/2015 at 20:37

Wallis and Adams, or Parker and rookie?

Rhino · 01/04/2015 at 20:48

Would say Parker and Rookie is safest option there (rookie dependant)

smenck · 01/04/2015 at 20:41

Would love some thoughts on my team I have changed my team but I have decided this is what I am going with would really like to hear your thoughts.

DEF Shaw, Newnes, Murphy, Goodes, Saad, Mckintosh
MID Ablett, Fyfe, Beams, Pendles, Griffen, D Rich, Cripps, Heeney (Yoleman, Lambert, Vandeberg)
Rucks: Goldstein Maric (Read)
FWD: Gray, Swan, Tex Walker, Bellchambers, Salem, Mitch Clark, (Lamb, Hogan)

Samuel · 01/04/2015 at 20:41

Everyone is picking Griffen and so have I.
This makes me wonder… is he a keeper or a cash cow?

dognino · 01/04/2015 at 20:57

a chance at either, if he's avg under 100 a stepping stone player to an ultra premo. Over 100 he will be M8 and the last trade to upgrade to an ultra. Hitting 110+ and he's probly in the team for good

Marco_Polo94 · 01/04/2015 at 21:00

Didn't particularly want griffen, however i feel like i have to pick him due to his popularity. If he goes bang and i didn't have him i'd be well behind the pack vs if i pick him and he goes shit he spuds it up for everyone else anyway. Potential keeper tho to answer your question, unless maybe you didn't have ablett and were using him to get to gaz

Phil · 01/04/2015 at 21:20

Put it this way if he's your biggest problem at M8 you've got one helluva side!

Pitch · 01/04/2015 at 20:55

Great team Mick, one of the better team reveals ive seen,
Really like that midfield, ablett rocky and fyfe, there is a 140+ between one of them each week, and tex, can go huge on his day, looks pretty solid all round mate.

Jessica · 01/04/2015 at 21:10

I have a swing set which allows me to field either Hogan as a rook forward or Anderson as a rook mid.

Who's a better option to start?

Hil · 01/04/2015 at 21:18

In Round 1 I'd say Hogan for sure Jessica. The problem with Anderson is he plays on Monday so you won't know if he is sub until everyone is locked away. Play it safe and go with Hogan. After that I'd probably say Anderson though (if not green vested) as I reckon he has better scoring potential. Hope that helps

Derek · 01/04/2015 at 21:53

I think Hartung might be ahead of Anderson at the Hawks

Ryan · 01/04/2015 at 21:13

Wallis or Rich?

marcus · 02/04/2015 at 02:03

id go rich

Josh · 01/04/2015 at 21:14

Hi community, thought I was done and dusted, but just had to have that last little tinker – bad move, now I am wrestling with 2 teams. I've confused myself silly. What do you guys think A or B?

A (Before tinker)

DEF – Gibson, Shaw Taylor, Goodes, McIntosh, Saad (Oxley, Edwards)
MIDS – Ablett, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Lewis, Griffin, Rich, Cripps, C E-Y, (Heeney, Miller, Lambert)
RUC – Goldstein, Minson (Read)
FWDS – Gray, Swan, Bontempelli, Bellchambers, Salem, Clark, (Lonie, Lamb)

B (Post Tinker)
DEF – Gibson, Shaw Taylor, Lumumba, Goodes, Saad, (McIntosh, Edwards)
MIDS – Ablett, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Lewis, Griffin, Cripps, Anderson, C E-Y, (Heeney, Miller,Krakouer)
RUC – Goldstein, Minson (Cox)
FWDS – Same except Lambert replaces Lamb.

Cheers Josh

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 21:37

I prefer B, but I am in the school that only has one rook in Def. I reckon B Goodes is D5 at best. Might have to squeeze some more money to replace Lambert and Krak. I am not as convinced on Anderson's job security – so that is where I would start. Run Heeny on the ground. Maybe Vandenburg if he gets upgraded? Nelson from WC is a sneaky choice also

Wombat · 01/04/2015 at 21:19

Bench: T. Read

Fwd:
R. GrayP. RyderJ. Roughead
D. SwanT. MembreyC. Daniel
Bench: J. HoganJ. Laverde

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 21:44

Whitecross unlikely for Round 1. Boekhurst and Vojo Rainbow not named Round 1. Scharenburg injured, unlikely for Round 1. Krakour not elevated from rookie list. Lambert not selected Round 1. Goddard unlikely for Rd 1
    Only 4 depp with mids. Most have gone 5 or more.
    must be the only team without at least one of Salem and Clark.

hoe · 01/04/2015 at 21:19

370817. 1 spot left

Tim · 01/04/2015 at 21:20

Join my league 923319
You wont regret it 7 more spots 🙂

Josh · 01/04/2015 at 21:26

In 🙂

Josh · 01/04/2015 at 21:25

CBD Seat Shiners 246630 is almost full! Thanks and good work peeps.

Second league is up and running – Office Floggs – League Code 903589

Get on board you pack of floggs!

eatemalive · 01/04/2015 at 21:32

C.Judd or A.Swallow ? Only 13k between them, hopefully the last piece in my Mid Puzzle to solve !

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 21:51

short term stepping stone – Judd. longer keeper Swallow.

Tulendeena · 01/04/2015 at 21:42

Rich or Wells?

lolattack · 01/04/2015 at 21:43

lewis, dangerfield or parker?

open to other suggestions as well

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 21:50

I have all 3! Danger has the biggest ceiling, but the most uncertainty. Parker is the one most likely to improve, but Lewis second half of 2014 suggest he may still improve. Parker by a whisker for mine

Derek · 01/04/2015 at 21:55

All will get tag this year

SCaddict · 02/04/2015 at 00:43

I'm starting with Lewis and Parker but we all know what Danger is capable of when in full flight so a tough choice there.

matt · 01/04/2015 at 21:43

peoples thoughts on bellchambers being my ruck2… too light?

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 21:48

nope. I have also. frees up cash elsewhere and he should improve his price. Value is value anywhere on the team sheet IMO

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 21:50

Could prove a great move if he can play 6 or 7 games early but just bear in mind you will likely want to upgrade him at some point and there is no denying he's an injury risk. I like him a little better at F4 but there are a lot of ways to play this great game of Supercoach.

Derek · 01/04/2015 at 21:58

Lambert wasn’t named in Richmond side. Who is keeping him?

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 22:04

Won't make my Rd1 side if there are other playing options tomorrow.

Locked and Loaded · 01/04/2015 at 22:06

Tough pal your move is as good as mine will wait for teams tomorrow but at his price he could sit on your bench mids because he will get his chance

keenbutclueless · 01/04/2015 at 22:07

personally, I think we need to make money from Round 1 with our rooks. For that reason alone, I wont keep him. If you do keep him, even if he does get a run soon – it is looking even more likely that he will wear the vest. So I think his cash generation potential has nose-dived compared to what most of us hoped

Locked and Loaded · 01/04/2015 at 22:05

Harry Taylor or Michael Hibberd? Last piece of my puzzle

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 23:16

Like Hibberd better in a vacuum but who knows what we'll get out of Essendon in the opening month. Swans and Hawks first up will be a tough initiation too.

r2d2 · 01/04/2015 at 22:55

Why not leave lambert in mid emerg , saves trading him in round 2 when he gets a gig !

SCaddict · 01/04/2015 at 23:17

That's not a horrible idea but I personally prefer a bird in the hand so will be looking for other playing options instead.

Vickery, Petterd, Astbury and Hampson (when fit) are possibles to come back into that side so who knows when Lambert will get a gig. Only Dimma and the Richmond match committee can answer that.

Derek · 01/04/2015 at 23:28

Lambert already gone. Must make cash.

Vic City · 02/04/2015 at 04:02

Been flipping between Higgins in and out for weeks but figure best to ask the community now.

Higgins + T. Walker
or
Ibbotson + D. Martin/J. Lewis (will keep one regardless)

Vic City · 02/04/2015 at 04:09

Alternatively drop Pendles for the likes of Sloane to bring in Higgins? Been worried about having GAJ, Pendles, and Fyfe with R12 byes anyways.

Thebighix · 02/04/2015 at 07:26

Clancee Pearce or Taylor Hunt?? Or someone around the same price (other than Brett Goodes) that will rate better??

Luviboy1 · 02/04/2015 at 08:52

Thumper

Dylan · 02/04/2015 at 09:10

Opinion needed: Brett Goodes or Geary and Heath Shaw or Newnes

Ryan · 02/04/2015 at 14:18

Goodes, shaw

Spifflicator · 02/04/2015 at 22:26

The only one I don't have is Geary.

Alex · 02/04/2015 at 10:40

Thoughts shaw newnes lumumbia higgo goodes saad kmac hamlin

Gaj rocky fyfe pendles griff cripps newton yolmen miller Heeney

Goldy mumford

Gray swan walker tbell salem hogan lambert lamb

Alex · 02/04/2015 at 12:36

Someone respons¡

Ryan · 02/04/2015 at 14:11

Solid team, perhaps downgrade one of the 650k+ mids to strengthen your forward line, and where's mitch Clark? A must have

Jaxon · 02/04/2015 at 10:43

Hey all, I am new to SC and would love a few wins in my league if possible… Can I please have some feedback on my team from any of the vets out there 🙂 Any opinions welcome, thanks, and good luck for the season ahead!!

Def: Simpson, Malceski, Goddard, Maynard, Saad, Shaw (Oxley, Hamling)
Mid: Pendles, Vandenberg, Fyfe, Danger, Rockliff, Heeney, Beams, Cripps (Cockatoo, Ellis-Yolemen, Miller)
Rucks: Martin, Goldstein (Hannath)
Fwd: Clark, Gray, Lambart, Bartel, Lamb, Hogan, (Salem, Membrey)

Ryan · 02/04/2015 at 14:17

Hey Jaxon, a decent team, however the backline worries me, the general consensus this season is picking some mid priced players. The likes of newnes (435k), ibbotson(340k) and the like, to reduce the amount of on-field defence rookies, as they look minimal in point scoring potential.
    Stefan martin is a bit pricey, due to leuenberger being fit, will they share ruck roles, decrease in price? A lot of unknowns for 600k. Natanui is a very popular selection this season, at only 480k.
    Hope that helps, good luck

Matt · 02/04/2015 at 11:26

I need help. I believe the rucks this year will see a significant decrease in value due to the rule changes. I think it’s more important than ever to find value here. So I’m deciding for r1 between Zac smith and micks love child cam wood. Anyone have an opinion on either? (Positive opinion)

Ryan · 02/04/2015 at 14:13

Higgs did some maths a while ago and showed that Jacobs will lose minimum points.out of the two I'd go smith, who'd be your r2?

Spifflicator · 02/04/2015 at 22:24

About the only certainty with the rucks is that historically the top two rucks this year, were not top 5 last year. I reckon you buy someone under 600k at R1 and don't worry about it too much. Smith could make an excellent R2 if he can stay fit.

Easy · 02/04/2015 at 18:00

Has any one Got a tip for the ruck bench spot ..?

I have not a clue ,thanks

Spifflicator · 02/04/2015 at 22:20

A cheap fwd swingman so in order O'brien (may play this year), Read, Cox. I don't think either of these guys will play unless all the other big men fall over.

Spifflicator · 02/04/2015 at 22:18

KMac looked very, very good tonight and people with him at D6 will be over the moon. Cripps solid but unspectacular, Martin and Cotchin playing as forwards was worrying, Lids looking at 2 or 3 weeks holiday. Footy's back!!!

BrockyFreo · 02/04/2015 at 23:21

Best Team I've Seen So Far. Best contributor to the community this season, with the mag and the advice on the podcast and the way you stand by your guns.

You're a master Mick, and although a lot will copy this year, now that you've put all your tricks on the starting line, I'm sure you'll trade just as wisely through the year and be top 100.

Great to have you lead the community as you do!