Supercoach 2015This is what we call crunch time my beloved community.

Boys will become men. Some will rise to the challenge. Others will rue opportunities lost. The prepared will have their contingencies ready. The unprepared will lose themselves in the frenzied rush of lockout week.
This is an important podcast folks. In this episode we get out into our community for their views (many thanks to Maso, Mary Anne and the ripping blokes from Bairnsdale for a fantastic evening on Saturday).

Show notes:

• As discussed in the podcast our mates at exoticlimo.com.au (<<check out their unbelievable bloody cars!) have come through with some INCREDIBLE prizes for the Jock Reynolds Supercoach Group (free to enter). Click here for full details.

• Still time to snag your Jock Reynolds Preseason Magazine online or in person – here’s where you can grab one.

• Are you a Club Jock Member yet? You’re mad as a cut snake if you’re not onto it yet. Get onboard here.

• MANY thanks again to Maso, Anne-Marie and all the Bairnsdale gang for a wonderful Supercoach Draft evening. Ripping people.

• Inner Sanctum team reveals click here

• Heard of the new fantasy footy format Moneyball? Click here and take me on!

• Thanks also to new minor sponsor Crave Designs – great to have you onboard!

Righto – lets get into lockout week discussion below..

Rick Maynard · 29/03/2015 at 21:17

Burgoyne murphy Johnson newnes goodes saad (brown, mckintosh)

Ablett, fyfe, kenedy, wines, a.swallow, sheed, Cripps, ellis yolmen

(Heeney, miller, Steele)

Mumford, minson (read)

Gray, bartel, swan, Salem, clarke lambert

(Lamb, Goddard)

Thoughts ?!?

Jack · 29/03/2015 at 21:48

How confident r u in she'd personally I think u could probably get better value out of Newton Anderson or ororke

harry · 30/03/2015 at 02:56

Anderson / O'Rourke over Sheed… boy oh boy woweeee

Motsy · 29/03/2015 at 21:18

Good luck for the season community, it's been a great pre season. Beers all round

OldOcker · 30/03/2015 at 01:18

Are you the real Motsy? and are you going to shout? because I will take you up on that.

Tom · 29/03/2015 at 21:22

Is griffen a lock?

Cezza93 · 29/03/2015 at 21:24

I think hes a person. But i suppose he looks like Padlock. Lel.

Bonters · 29/03/2015 at 22:55

dognino · 29/03/2015 at 23:04

No, he's a chance to return to premium output. Same risk as wines, Neal, Judd, swallow. I'd only put 1 of these types of players into my midfield , I happen to have griffin, based on my gut he will do well at gws.

harry · 30/03/2015 at 02:55

is his back magically 100%?

Isaac Kenna · 30/03/2015 at 15:35

He bloody lock

Rock-MAN · 29/03/2015 at 21:24

Top 5 MIDS and why?

oscar · 29/03/2015 at 21:48

ablett, rockliff, pendlebury. fyfe. selwood

do i even have to say ?

PDP · 29/03/2015 at 22:06

Yes. Excellent bunch and rather than have a sixth, you have seven midfielders who will make heaps, providing your seven get selected

jim · 29/03/2015 at 22:17

Well I have gone Ablett, Rockliff, Barlow, Pendles, Fyfe, Jelwood, Sidebottom, Parker – as my top 8.

PDP · 29/03/2015 at 23:19

Gutsy effort Jim and good luck because you will need it. I would be interested to see what the rest of your team looks like since you have spent about 45% of your allowance on eight players!

JJFYZZ · 30/03/2015 at 14:08

I thought the question was the top 5 mids. Not the 5 mids you have in your team, or 8 as Jim has mentioned.

I may be wrong but I think Jim may have been saying who he thinks his top 8 will are for years end. Not who he is starting with.

OldOcker · 29/03/2015 at 23:02

Top 5 mids.
    Bit late in the season of Supercoach to be asking that question when there are so many articles and stats offerings available. Sometimes we have to make a decision for ourselves. Asking for reasons why is going overboard.
    Opinions of other people help you come to your own decisions and therefore I do not give advice but only an opinion.
    Lesson in life, Learn to make your own decisions

Last years top 5 are: Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Fyfe and Selwood.

Cheers.

matt · 29/03/2015 at 21:29

simpson, shaw, hibberd , KK, Newnes, Goodes (Oxley, Saad)

Pendlebury, selwood, danger, Griffen, cripps, Heebn7y, Vandenburg, ellis yolmen, (Freeman, miller, Lambert)

Mumford, Nic Nat (Brooskey)

Lids, Goddard, Martin, Swan, Karnesses, Clark (Hogan, Steele)

was thinking taking hibberd out and put in another premium forward of Buddy/bartel or zorko

Redgumwon · 29/03/2015 at 21:55

Bartel

Matthew · 30/03/2015 at 19:14

This team is Quality! very impressed. Good luck

Tyler · 30/03/2015 at 21:13

Pretty light in mid don't you reckon? You're going to have to do a lot of upgrades there, but I suppose you have enough rooks to do so. Also swap karnesis for hogan, he's been named round 1 and should do alright against the suns

Dean · 30/03/2015 at 23:18

Sorry m8 but I don't like this team at all. You have gone seriously heavy in Defence & Forward but your midfield is ordinary at best.
      The majority of points are made up in the midfield, if I were you I would restructure your defence BIG time and stick with just the one Premium such as Shaw or Simpson, then select a player like Newnes and the rest just mid priced players such as KK, Goodes & so forth,

You need at least 1 more premium midfielder in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of Karnesses but thats just a personal thing.

matt · 31/03/2015 at 20:44

I respect your decision completely dean, and i see where coming from, but as every supercoach player knows is the mid rookies make up the most cash out of any line, i believe you need lots of mid rookies, (personal opinion) I really just don't want to miss the boat on them. like i did last year with tyson and a few more.

And my reasoning behind the forward line is (look at impey and rohan, who only made 50-100k at best last year) which i can not let the same mistake happen. ive actually changed now, got rid of hibberd for Gray, which im pumped for.

Good luck this year

Bench- Lamb, Lambert

300k in bank for immediate upgrade when value rares it’s head

jim · 29/03/2015 at 21:42

Ollie > Beams
    N.Brown > KK

Avzmo · 30/03/2015 at 14:26

After being promised with so much value in the mid-price ruck area at the start of the year, I think you would be stupid to take any of them now.

All of Giles, Bellchambers, Kruezer and Leuenberger won't deliver scores worthy of picking them. Upgrades your R2 in my opinion.

didz · 29/03/2015 at 21:47

Fyfe or pandlebury?

T-mitch · 29/03/2015 at 21:52

Can’t go wrong with either

Bonters · 29/03/2015 at 23:45

fyfe

George · 29/03/2015 at 21:48

Goodluck to everyone in the community..
Would love some thoughts on my team.
DEF:Malceski,Shaw,Newnes,Goodes,Mcintosh,Hamling(Saad,Oxley)
MID:Ablett,Pendles,Fyfe,Sloane,Griffen,Cripps,Cockatoo,CEY(Heeney,Vanderberg,Miller)
RUCk:Mumford,Goldy(Read)
FWD:Gray,Bartel,Swan,Salem,Clark,Hogan(Lamb,Lambert)
Cheers…

T-mitch · 29/03/2015 at 21:53

Very nice well balanced team, best of luck

oscar · 29/03/2015 at 21:50

Great podcast crew

peds72 · 29/03/2015 at 21:57

As a challenge, I field a WA State of Origin SC team each year. The only restriction is that players must have started their careers in WA. I don't win a lot of games, and there are few opportunities for upgrades, but it's good fun. Anyone game to put up an SA or Vic team against me?

BACK: Rance, Yarran, Lumumba, Bewick, Ibbotson, Pearce C (White, McIntosh)
MIDFIELD: Fyfe, Priddis, O'Meara, Wells, Rich, Newton, Sheed, Cripps, (van Berlo, Pickett, Garlett)
RUCK: Naitanui, Leuenberger. (Sinclair)
FORWARD: Ryder, Franklin, Bennell H, Gault, Clark, Hogan, (McCarthy, Abbott)

PDP · 29/03/2015 at 22:10

At last a Buddy believer. If Essendon get suspended I am sure many will jump on Buddy because he could kick 8 – 10 first up and score a squillion Supercoach points.

OldOcker · 29/03/2015 at 22:29

That is great for one round but what happens when the rain comes, What if, Maybe and But. Buddy is a very valid selection this year.
      I am a BUDDY Believer but not at his current price when there are much more consistent forwards to consider. He will obviously come into calculations once I see him play a few but he is not a consideration for me because he has not played more than19 games in a season for the last four years.
      I want to start the season with proven point scorers that play 22 games.

OldOcker · 29/03/2015 at 22:44

You are looking at too many upgrades in defense, midfield ruck and forward line, Good luck to you if you are going to go mid-priced mayhem or madness but your team is doomed to fail in all areas of supercoach.

In saying that if you are only going for a league win, You maybe okay depending on how inexperienced your mates are.

Entering a team that depends on where careers started means that you are not really serious about winning Supercoach so I can only assume that you are going for a league win which you will probably do based on your theory.

You are breaking the rules of Supercoach if you plan to have more than one team.

Good Luck to you but NO $50,000 OR $1,000 for the highest score of the week.
    I am not going to bother to ask you questions but I hope you have a trade plan and someone to trade up too.

Cheers.
    You do not seem to be taking the game seriously. (No response required)

peds72 · 29/03/2015 at 23:05

I take it VERY seriously OldOcker.

I'm a News Corp employee and not eligible for any prizes, so the Sandgropers is all about challenging myself and any wins are a bonus.

However, my second team, Cuzzy's Psychotics, is as serious as a breach at the SAS Barracks – and after spending many hours listening to the wisdom of Jock and his team, I reckon I'm getting close to putting together a bloody good team!

OldOcker · 29/03/2015 at 23:24

Cheers peds72 but there have been so many bogus people from other sites trying to destabilize things on this site and I cannot understand the amount of time that they are willing to waste on doing that.

Never thought about it from your point of view and please accept my apologies if I offended you. Throttle is in the same boat because he is from overseas US, New York but he still has a go.

Dools has a league for us blokes if you want to join the "Ground Zero Games" I am sure he will be honored to have you aboard as much as I would

Cheers.
        All the best with both of your teams.

peds72 · 30/03/2015 at 00:19

Thanks Ocker – absolutely no offence taken. Curious to hear that bogus types are trying to destabilise the site. Not sure how they'd even do that… Should Jock be worried about a coup? 🙂

Would love to put the Sandgropers up against others in the community, instead of just random strangers in public leagues – just let me know the league code, cheers.

(It can be a challenge for the Sandgropers just to get a team on the park some weeks, since I've limited myself to about 15-20 per cent of available players – but that's all part of the challenge!)

OldOcker · 30/03/2015 at 01:05

Jock is aware believe me but is not concerned at all. Someone like myself and a lot of other contributors are wasting their time replying to people that are not serious. We do this off our own backs out of appreciation for this site. What it has to offer and trying to help the inexperienced.

You may face a hard time trying to get the Sandgropers into the community as a league effort, But there are probably some people in the same situation as you in other states. I would be interested under your circumstances but fortunately I am not.

Dools league I can't give you the code for because it is his league. If you have association with SAS I would suggest that you contact him when you see him online.
            Or drop me an email at [email protected] and I will contact him to see if you are eligible.

Cheers.

peds72 · 30/03/2015 at 14:58

Thanks Ocker – if I do try to get a team into community leagues, sounds like I'd better stick with my "serious" team. I have no association with the SAS – I was just making a bad Ben Cousins joke. I named my team "Cuzzy's Psychotics" several years ago, when his problems seemed entertaining, but now that he actually is psychotic, it's stopped being funny.

splinter · 30/03/2015 at 00:02

better keep your second team on the down low, since its against rules to have two team

OldOcker · 30/03/2015 at 00:09

He is a News Corp employee so he is well aware of that splinter.
          It is not down low anymore.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 17:20

and probably only really against their rules if you are eligible for prizes.

Tyler · 30/03/2015 at 21:19

You could try fit Judd in there, a lot of people are jumping on him

jmy7 · 29/03/2015 at 22:01

Amazing podcast lads, yous are the man’s, just one quick one, to the community
Simpson, Smith, shaw, Newnes, McIntosh, hamling ( Goddard, Saad
Would love any thoughts

Kev · 29/03/2015 at 22:15

Fits into a GnR approach if you have a similar structure on other lines. If you're strapped for cash elsewhere downgrade Smith to a KK/Goodes wouldn't be the worst move

jmy7 · 29/03/2015 at 22:45

Cheers, helped heaps kev!!

harry · 30/03/2015 at 02:53

can't complain

Mendo · 29/03/2015 at 22:02

Here is my team,thought??

DEF:Shaw,Gibson,Newnes,Pearce,McIntosh,Saad(Hamling,Oxley)
MID:Pend,Fyfe,Selwood,Boak,Danger,Griffo,Cripps,Ellis-Yolmen(Heeney,Miller,Krakouer)
RUCK:Goldy,Nic Nat(Cox)
FWD:Gray,Bartel,Swan.Salem,Clark,Lambert(Hogan,Lamb)

Jimi · 29/03/2015 at 22:58

Personally, I think running x2 rookies + Pearce in DEF is too risky, as is starting without Ablett (although I accept the logic of people who aren't starting with him).

I'd look at downgrading Gbson to a Lumumba/Higgins/Savage type and use it upgrade one of your 4 rookies or Pearce.

Just my opinion though. I think you have a good team.

Avzmo · 30/03/2015 at 14:30

I respect the generalities of this fine sir above me, however I think you have the guts of a good team. My only real change would be Pearce out, maybe Goodes in. Pearce looks to be the tagger if Crowley is out for the season so don't be fooled by his one NAB Cup game.

Otherwise team is reasonably solid.

Mendo · 31/03/2015 at 19:44

thanks jimi,good advice.

Mitchell · 29/03/2015 at 22:03

Which structure do you think would work best?
1. IN DEFENCE: 3 players more than $400k and 6 players less than $250k. IN MIDFIELD: 6 players more than $500k and 5 players less than $250k
or 2. DEFENCE: 4 players more than $400k and 5 players less than $250k. IN MIDFIELD: 5 players more than $500k and 6 players less than $250k

oscar · 29/03/2015 at 22:05

defence has 8 players

Mitchell · 29/03/2015 at 22:18

My bad… there is one extra player for less than 250k in each option

Mitchell · 29/03/2015 at 22:19

*in defence

oscar · 29/03/2015 at 22:23

fair enough, id go option 1, as there are a few mid priced option in defence you could jump on

Mitchell · 29/03/2015 at 22:33

cheers mate

Avzmo · 30/03/2015 at 14:34

I'd definetely and easily pick Option 2.

Playing 3 defensive rookies on the field is asking for a shit start, especially when it looks liek there are still quite a few quality midfield rookies looking set to play round 1.

If these two options are what you really want to start with; 4 Premo defenders with 2 rookies on field, and 5 midfield premos with 3 rookies is the way to go.

Matthew · 30/03/2015 at 19:26

I'd go number 2, all the rookies are in the midfield, you can find 6 quality rookies in your mid who will play and score whilst also having the 5 premiums. also you will struggle to find 5 players under 250k in your defence.

skate or die · 29/03/2015 at 22:03

you marvellous man Jock.

@t_woof · 29/03/2015 at 22:23

Thanks for the podcast, was very interesting listening.

Have a good week everyone, and all the best for the 2015 season.

Samuel · 29/03/2015 at 22:30

G'day community! What do you think of my team below?

DEFENDERS

FORWARDS
R. Gray, J. Bartel, D. Swan
C. Salem, M. Clark, J. Hogan
[T. Lamb (E), C. Daniel]

Remaining Salary: $11,300

jim · 29/03/2015 at 22:33

Martin can avg. over 100 this year. Can't miss out.

Jimi · 29/03/2015 at 23:02

I've been singed by Martin for the past couple of years, with all the extra talent available in the FWD line this year he's an upgrade target at best for me. I'm going to waiting and see if he can consistently convert his great starts into solid 100+ scores.

Samuel · 29/03/2015 at 23:07

I’m mainly concerned about the number of rookies in defence (too many). Is there anyway around this with the cash that I have that won’t affect the ruck/fwd lines? … happy to make changes to def/mid though

Motsy · 29/03/2015 at 22:34

how about cockatoo vs newton?

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:36

Based purely on preseason form, Newton by a street.

Jimi · 29/03/2015 at 22:52

Hi Community, good luck for 2015. Since it's the eve of comp I would love a bit of feedback if you could spare me a few mins.

Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, Geary, Goodes, Saad (McIntosh, Brown).
Ablett, Fyfe, Parker, Wines, Griffin, Cripps, Anderson, Ellis-Yeoman (Heeney, O'Brien, Miller)
Mumford, Maric (Read)
Gray, Bartel, Swan, Bellchambers, Salem, Clark (Steele, Lambert)

65k left
If Bombers get suspended I will likely downgrade Mumford to Skinfloot and upgrade Bellchambers to Bont.

matthewjsampson · 29/03/2015 at 22:53

G'day community, you bunch of beautiful fantasy brain bastards. I'm closing in on my final team for round one. Still not 100% in love with what I've put together so I'd love to hear your thoughts!

$18,700 left in the war chest.

DEFENDERS
H. Shaw, J. Newnes, S. Higgins
G. Ibboston, J. Hamling, A. Saad.
(A. Oxley, K. McIntosh)

MIDFIELDERS
G. Ablett, N. Fyfe, J. Selwood, P. Dangerfield
R. Griffen, P. Cripps, I. Heeney, C. Ellis-Yolmen
(A. Vandenberg, N. Krakouer, K. Lambert)

RUCKS
T. Goldstein, N. Naitanui
(K. Brooksby)

FORWARDS
B. Deledio, J. Bartel, B. Goddard
D. Swan, C. Salem, M. Clark
(J. Hogan, C. Daniel)

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 09:03

Ibbo and Nic Nat are the riskier picks but you've gotta make some tough choices somewhere. I'd swap one of Krak/Lambert forward for Hogan and grab another pure mid. Don't think Vandenberg has been upgraded yet?

Johnny · 29/03/2015 at 22:58

Is 16 rookies too many? What do you think is the ideal number of rookies to have?

sam siddall · 29/03/2015 at 23:41

Ive got 16 if u count goodes

Jayden · 30/03/2015 at 01:31

It’s not about how many rookies you have. It’s about how many keepers you have?

@HJ_Mitch · 29/03/2015 at 22:59

Wow! I'm tipping Bairnsdale at preseason with Maso & Mick & Jock & Higgo is like Deliverance!!!
They made as much sense as my grandmother with dementia!
Ablett comments? crap.
As for Shaw, Clarke, Tom Mitchell, et al – wait and see the line ups.
In summary, a podcast that should be tucked carefully in the cat's litter tray.

Tom · 29/03/2015 at 23:09

Agree Mitch – Mick the Mad Irishman must have dementia – Not starting Ablett and starting Mumford instead makes no sense for mine. I guess at least his name has some creditability cause he f##king MAD

OldOcker · 29/03/2015 at 23:38

Heeney and Mitchell are both likely sub vests for mine. They might share a game. (Heeney will still make money regardless)
    Shaw can't play 22 games.
    Clarke in combo with Hawkins could work like Buddy and Tippett. Geelong are pleased to have him as a distraction if nothing else.

Tyler · 30/03/2015 at 21:27

Ocker is there any chance you could do a team reveal? I think that would be very interesting and would love to see who you've picked. That would be my favourite team reveal I reckon

OldOcker · 31/03/2015 at 19:23

Tyler, Just working on "The Ultimate Spreadsheet" for next year.
        If you would like to see my team, Which I have not finalized yet drop me an email at "[email protected]" and put in the subject heading TYLER and I will send it to you ASAP.

Cheers Bloke.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:38

I thought I could hear the plucking of banjo's and the squeal of a pig in the background.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 10:21

Hilarious, HJ.

@TylerCArmstrong · 29/03/2015 at 23:08

Loved the podcast boys! Would like to hear the communities view on griffen. Don't think he will end up in the top 8 mids. Am i going mad??

Jimi · 29/03/2015 at 23:14

He has the potential to but I guess it all depends on how he settles in at GWS. I'm rolling the dice with him. Risk and reward.

John · 29/03/2015 at 23:27

Probably wont end up top 8. Somewhere around top 10-15 would say, good value though

OldOcker · 29/03/2015 at 23:32

Not at all Tyler, I have never considered Griffen to be top 8 this year and has never been in calculations for me.

harry · 30/03/2015 at 02:51

your mad if you ever considered him as a top 8 mid

Dean Billman · 30/03/2015 at 03:21

He is this year's Marc Murphy of 2014. Good value for money, will put up some good scores here and there. Will probably end up being your M8 by the end of the year.

Swans2012 · 30/03/2015 at 09:05

Not corrupting my team this year with maybes in the midfield, only locking in the proven big guns, pendle, Fyfe, selwood, beams etc. and rookies (and maybe a 300k stepping stone) Griffin at maybe top fifteen mid just doesn’t fit the bill despite being good value.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:40

Wont go top 8, but has a massive ceiling, proven performer, wont drop in value, will hurt anyone without him if he goes large even once early.

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 10:21

I'm hoping for some big early scores with GWS easy early run, and then plan on using him to go to Ablett

John · 29/03/2015 at 23:19

hey guys Great podcast!
just 2 quick questions to the community
1. Just wondering peoples thoughts on Simpson?
any reason why he couldn't average the same as last year?
wont miss many games and has a good average, something im not seeing?
2. Who do you think will average more,
Beams, Sloane, JPK, Sidebottom, Parker?
Thanks guys

dognino · 29/03/2015 at 23:25

Simpson will do the same as last year and the 7 before that, only problem is you can problyick him up for under $450k during the year. But I'm starting him myself based on consistency and only missing 3 games in 5 years or so.

Beams , Sloane/Parker , JPK, sidebum

John · 29/03/2015 at 23:42

yeah thats what im weighing up, get him cheaper later on maybe
      use the money in defence and get another 5 or so points out of a player
      or use it in the mid to maybe get 10 more, and going in with a riskier backline.
      as always risk vs reward…
      thanks mate

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:41

Simpson is solid but will throw in a stinker.

Beams will probably average the most, but the others are potentially better keeper picks.

Bonters · 29/03/2015 at 23:22

hhahahaha "Jock you are drunk"

Jim · 29/03/2015 at 23:24

Thoughts on Nick Riewoldt people? Saint Kilda actually have a really nice opening draw, and Riewoldt always starts off the season firing.

matt · 30/03/2015 at 02:56

He'll probably smash the tonnes at the start but St Kilda gonna struggle again this year, which will hurt his points. I love the big man tho, if he dropped to 400k I'd buy him but his consistency is a little off for that sub-500k price tag. Hope to see him do well though, an absolute legend of the game and the heart of St Kilda.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:42

With the value up forward, will not touch him with my 10ft pole.

Matthew · 30/03/2015 at 19:37

I heard Jarryn Geary on the radio. Due to family problems Reiwoldt could potentially miss the first game. Watch.

Jim · 31/03/2015 at 10:55

yep just realised he said he's still not sure whether he'll play Round 1, so I've gone off him.

sam siddall · 29/03/2015 at 23:39

Stuff u mick the mad Irishman just gave away my idea with rucks

Luke · 29/03/2015 at 23:42

im going a ballsy pick in Miles or Cotchin. Martin is already Locked in FWD line

OldOcker · 30/03/2015 at 03:17

Very BALLSY. Do you have an upgrade plan? Surely you must look at upgrading at least one of the two.
    OR do you really think both will be in top 8 midfielders at the end of the season?

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 08:55

I'd take Miles, Luke. Cotchin has shown he can struggle with a tag and has had a bit on an interrupted preseason

Jay · 29/03/2015 at 23:50

Thoughts on M Hallahan? and should Dusty be in the forward instead of mids?

shezza · 30/03/2015 at 06:06

Definitely put him in your forward line and not your midfield.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:43

Dusty forward, Hallahan a long way back in a field of strong GCS mids.

Andrew · 29/03/2015 at 23:53

Thoughts on Pendlebury? He'll get tagged but he should still be able to avg 115+ right?

Caz · 30/03/2015 at 00:05

Been tagged for years, won't matter will average 115-120 again

Jayden · 30/03/2015 at 01:13

The thing that is alarming me with not selecting him is the fact that I reckon collingwood might lose more games then recent years which means he might not score as much this year

First time I’ve gone without him

Sarah · 30/03/2015 at 09:29

I've been looking at the Pies averages for their top 10 players over the last 4 years. The Pies have been on the slide during this time and while the top 5 and 10 players averages have dropped off, the top 3 has remained fairly consistent. So if you think Pendles, Swan and Sidebottom will be the top 3 Pies averages this year, then there's good data to show that they're combined averages won't suffer (in Swan's case it'll improve on last year). I can't see another Pie that could jump up to take one of their spots so I'm now confident in my Pendlebury selection.

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 12:04

Good point Sarah, I reckon a lot of Pendlebury (and Sidebottom/Swan) owners will be a lot more comfortable after reading that

Sarah · 30/03/2015 at 12:14

Thanks Phil. It certainly made me feel more comfortable starting with Pendlebury!

kevwal · 30/03/2015 at 15:44

Hi Sarah, good to hear from you again. I have taken your words on board and once I made the leap, the structure has ended up very balance, pure guns and rookies with a 4-4-2-4 structure. Pendels is my first upgarde. Have Gaz/Fyfe/Jelwood/Beams.

Sarah · 30/03/2015 at 16:27

Hi kevwal! I've got a 4-4-2-4 structure as well.
                My mids are Pendles/Fyfe/Beams/Griffin. Would love to squeeze in Lewis/Parker or Wines but I just feel that Griffin is too much value at his price. What do you think?

kevwal · 30/03/2015 at 16:50

Jordan Lewis will fire up early, but I can't fit him in with the 4424 structure. I have 14 keepers and 16 rooks. A $413k at D4 who will give 90+ this year.Swan at F4. Not sure Griffin will make top 10 by end of the year. Will get him in later if he does.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:43

Start without him at your own peril.

Stevie · 29/03/2015 at 23:55

Great work jock! I love it when u guys cast out the pods for us humbles in the community. A lot of contrasting structures and selections this year which goes to show there is no right or wrong, only god! And ya pick him!

OldOcker · 30/03/2015 at 03:31

The real beauty comes from differing Opinions and lessons you can learn from these Opinions whether it be a Joe Blow from down the street or a self professed stats man like myself.
    The greatest lesson you will learn in life is that you listen to Opinions of other people that you think have a valid argument to form your own Opinion.
    GOD = Gary Ablett = Gary Ablett JNR. (Son of God or baby Jesus) I can recall saying Jesus a few times when I saw senior play.

Welcome.

Caz · 30/03/2015 at 00:04

Hi guys thoughts on my team very much appreciated
Def. shaw hibberd newnes goodes mcintosh saad ( hamling Byrne )
Mid. Ablett pendlebury fyfe selwood griffin Cripps anderson ellis yolmen ( heeney miller lambert )
Rck. Mumford goldstein ( read )
Fwd. grey bartel martin salem clarke lonie ( daniel lamb )

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 08:54

Don't reckon Byrne is the best cash cow option down back

Jayden · 30/03/2015 at 01:12

Mick the mad Irishman sounds a lot like tadgh Kennelly ex swans player from Ireland

RobDog · 30/03/2015 at 02:03

Great podcast Jock et al. Good luck with the season all and thanks community for the insights.

Scottish iain · 30/03/2015 at 06:34

Righty o first ever post. Scotsman living in Macao (china) mad footy fan. Surely gotta go with rocky in the mids, not heard any talk from anybody yet? Bartel &gray locks in forward line. Mummy for 1st 5-6 weeks, Gibson must hav playing free across half back with frawley taking 2nd tall #1 def thoughts?

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 08:52

A lot of unknown at the lions. Though I reckon if gaz doesn't front up for round 1 Rocky will find his way into a lot of sides. Agree on Gray and Bartel, Gibson is in my team at the moment but his rebounding is an unknown once Birchell comes back in. You'd want Mummy to last more than 5-6 weeks if you're shelling out 613k for him! I'm thinking longer term with my rucks, Goldy and Maric

shezza · 30/03/2015 at 07:00

Please rate my side:
Def:Simpson Shaw Newnes Geary Goodes Saad
Emg: McIntosh* Hamling

Mids: Pendlebury Fyfe Beams Parker (VC) Griffen Cripps Ellis-Yolmen Krakour
Emg: Newton* Heeney Blakely

Rucks: Mumford (C) Goldstein
Emg: Lucey

Fwds: Gray Martin Bartel Salem Clarke Lambert
Emg:Steele* Lamb

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 08:47

Not a lot wrong with, shezza. Personal preference is Cripps over Newton, but that's your call

shezza · 30/03/2015 at 09:09

I have both.

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 11:49

I like the way you think she's a. The Krak is in my team too

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 11:55

*shezza not she's a…..damn you auto spell

Tomgustygem · 30/03/2015 at 09:22

He already has cripps! Chuck newton on the field for krakour. Solid team mate!

shezza · 30/03/2015 at 11:01

I am waiting to see who plays first out of Heeney and Newton and if the first one flops, i will put the other on the field. I am still weighing up to go Mumford to Maric and making $80-$90K. I’m not sold on Tom Lamb. Thinking of moving Krak to fwds and then get Anderson in my mids for bench cover and waiting to see if Dalgleish gets named for Ess so I can swap Hamling out for him

Throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 11:57

Agree with Kev. Newton doesn’t have the engine yet as his nab TOG will attest. Red vest candidate.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 07:09

Very interesting podcast, gents. Appreciate you guys trying a different format.

Can't say I agree with a lot of the points being said, especially rucks and Gaz. But at this point, we all have decided on our structures and dug our heels in.

Great news is that the rubber will meet the road this week and the SC gods will smile on some and smite others. Can not wait. Think this has been one of the most interesting/challenging preseasons. The teams should reflect that.

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 08:45

As usual, bang on throtts. Can't bloody wait to have the footy back. We've had too much time to second guess ourselves with strategy, rucks, Gaz or not to Gaz, backline dilemmas, the list goes on…

Locked, loaded and ready to go. Best of luck of 2015 mate

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 09:10

Best of luck to you, my man!

Chomping at the freakin' bit to talk footy with you and the rest of the community all season.

FootyFanatic · 30/03/2015 at 12:02

You know we have had too much time when we start second guessing whether we should start with Gaz or not, if playing he is a absolute lock.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 12:14

No second guessing. No NAB no Gaz. It's been one of the easier decisions this preseason.

FootyFanatic · 30/03/2015 at 12:37

You raise a good point, but from most reports Gaz is in good nick and is very fit. Getting him in later on in the season will be a headache and will require a lot of $$$. If he is playing round 1 he will be in my side but only time will tell whether it was the right decision.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 12:46

It's as much the mental as the physical, as this is Gaz's first major injury. That can't be discounted. He will have trouble reaching 120 much less 130. By the time his form returns, he won't be near his price he started with so won't be difficult at all to slot him in.

He's price as if he is not returning from a serious injury. That makes the decision fairly easy. You pay top dollar, you want the bribery not ground chuck.

In the end it's a matter of preference. With that I wish you luck this season, FF.

FootyFanatic · 30/03/2015 at 12:56

Gaz is a champion and he will definitely be tested mentally, but if anyone could come back from injury and score big it would be him. But then again he is just as likely if not more to have a few mediocre scores, but I am just going with my gut decision by starting with him as I have faith in the little champion.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 13:09

Gotta go with your gut. But he will be managed for long term not for his immediate SC scores. Why risk your prized possession against the team that lost to top ups?

Matt · 30/03/2015 at 16:06

If he is not fit to play he won't play – regardless of opposition. What makes you think he will be managed during games? He has completed a full pre-season apart from contact drills so fitness isn't an issue. If the shoulder isn't structurally sound he won't be risked and won't play. If named I would expect him to play his normal minutes. You can't mange a structural shoulder injury it is either good to go or not. Why would he be subbed??

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 20:59

Matt, c'mon buddy. He didn't have any contact until last week. No NAB, which the man himself expressed that he wasn't ready for. It's not healed. He's being managed as we speak.

But he is proud and wants to play. Yet knows he's dealing with something he has NEVER had to deal with…recouping from a major injury. He would be subbed because that anxiety to not get injured again could have him red vested if the game vs the dees gets one sided. That's my feeling. He is their prized possession and if he's named R1 and gets one half in…that' s a major psychological victory for him. Which Gaz will need sorely.

Just a theory.

Matt · 31/03/2015 at 10:07

Throttle, they are hardly going to risk the best player at the club and "prized possession as you state" if he is not fit. You are over thinking it. He won't be managed at all. If fit he plays – if not he doesn't. You can't mange a shoulder injury – if it is not right could just as easily reinjure in the first 5 minutes as the second half. Hardly think Gary Ablett is going to risk the whole season and play RD 1 if the shoulder isn't right. His pride as nothing to do with it. Also I think you are overplaying the mental anxiety card mate.
                    You could argue given his lack of match practice, if he plays they will want him to play as much game time as possible.
                    This really is black and white if the shoulder is structurally sound Ablett will play and if it isn't he will continue the rehab process and will play when it is 100%. For you to infer that Ablett will play RD 1 because of his pride even if the shoulder isn't right is one of the more ridiculous things I have ever read. Mate he dislocated his shoulder a relatively common injury don't overplay the psychology!! You state that Gary being proud is why he wants to play?? Do you not think this same pride will meant that there is no way in hell he will accept being subbed. Get a grip mate.

throttlefinger · 31/03/2015 at 10:16

Matt, your reasoning is sound to you. I think it's faulty in many places. Too many to parse. We differ. That won't change.

He had reconstructive surgery. Siting that it was "a dislocated shoulder" tells me you are light on the facts. If I was overthinking it, then you must be at the opposite end.

With that said, the best to you this season. Hope next time we speak you are in a better mood.

Matt · 31/03/2015 at 15:49

The shoulder was dislocated that is an indisputable fact. – which required it to be reconstructed to tighten the joint. Not an uncommon procedure and one that results in the joint being tighter than ever before.
                    I note he has been declared a certain this week? Do you honestly think GC would risk playing the best player in the comp against as you rightly point out an average Melbourne side (who they can likely beat without Ablett) if he wasn't 100% fit and confident in the rehab. Given he is playing I think it is fair to presume that as a result of a faultless pre-season running wise that Gazza will be playing his normal role and won't be donning the sub vest. Who knows what he will score, but good luck without the little champ.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 13:07

Ribeye not bribery. Damn my eyes!

FootyFanatic · 30/03/2015 at 13:14

Haha, just go with your gut decision Throttlefinger! That's what I'm doing

Squawking_Hawk · 30/03/2015 at 07:40

Fantastic podcast lads. Usually if you are going to fork out $550k plus it is on a premium that you are confident is going to be top 6 in the their respective line at the end of the season. As we don't know how the rucks are going to go this year with the points change should we be considering mid price rucks with a view to upgrading once we know the impacts? I.e Bellchambers and Lycett or Naitanui

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 08:42

Well we do kinda know, SH. If you got your hands on the JR magazine there was a fab article that outlined what the top rucks would have scored in 2015 with the changes based on their 2014 stats.

Set and forget is my strategy. I loath wasting trades on my rucks.

Josh · 30/03/2015 at 08:43

Do you work in an office sitting on your a$$ all day? Do you need to join another league?
If yes to both, join the CBD Seat Shiners: code 246630

FearTheBeard · 30/03/2015 at 08:54

I'd really appreciate a few people to give me some comments on the team I currently have and a few questions.

I'm running with

Shaw, Murphy, Newnes, Goodes, Oxley, Saad, McIntosh, Hamling

Pendles, Fyfe, Beams, Parker, Wines, Griffen, Crips, CEY, Heeney, Miler, Krak

Goldstein, Maric

Gray, Bartel, Martin, Salem, Clark, Lambert, Daniel, Lamb

My main questions is do I lock in Selwood and downgrade Dusty or Bartel to Swan.

Do I run Selwood over Pendles?

I'm happy with rucks, and defendes as long as 2 rookies play. Forward line I'm satisfied with other then if I run Swan or go for the 3 prems in Gray, Bartel, Martin.

Cheers guys.

FearTheBeard · 30/03/2015 at 11:24

Any comments guys? Some help would be appreciated.

Throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 11:36

Hey FTB. Like your team as it stands.

For me, Pendles is a must. Consistent 120+ player. Selwood is great and may break 120 this year but hasn’t done it yet. Would stuck with the proven over the speculative.

That said, I think you could give yourself some cash and flexibility by either downgrading Dusty to Swan or downgrading Bartel to Swan. Recommend the former over the latter.

Hope that helps. And good luck this season, Beard.

FearTheBeard · 30/03/2015 at 12:55

Thanks Throttlefinger, I really appreciate the time to answer.

I have thought about downgrading Dusty to Swan (to be honest I had it as that before my love for Dusty brought him in) also rotated him a bit with Buddy though at the moment I just think Dusty will rip in. Though Swan will surely pull 90-100 week in week out 100k less.

The question is if I did bring Swan back in for Dusty where do I spend the 100k? My rucks are set. Mid is set unless I change Beams to GAJ, which i'm thinking I'll run the week or 2 to see him play.

The defenders I could upgrade Murphy to Malk though other then that Goodes with 100k+ only gets Ibbo or someone so I can't see where to spend that 100k from Dusty? Any thoughts on that?

shane · 30/03/2015 at 14:48

You squeeze an exrra 80k on top and add TBC to the forward line

IMHO

FearTheBeard · 30/03/2015 at 14:55

Shane who is TBC?

shezza · 30/03/2015 at 09:11

To Gaj or to not Gaj….is the question. It is a massive no from me. The same principal as the lads with their ruck theory. I figure D mackenzie will be playing by the time Gaj is flying so sell a mid pricer and newton or Cripps

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 15:32

The great man is a wait and see for me even if he gets up for round 1 which seems likely at this point.

Not having played a single NAB game surely has to exact a cost in the first few games. There's also always that small chance he bangs that shoulder again or even gets selectively vested in the 2nd half against the Dees, as a precautionary measure, if the Suns are already well in control of the game.

FootyFanatic · 30/03/2015 at 09:14

How many keepers does everybody have in there team? I have 13 not including Newnes who some would see as a keeper.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 09:39

12 excluding Newnes and including Swan.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 17:13

This is me too!

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 10:31

It will be either 12 or 13 at this stage.

@t_woof · 30/03/2015 at 12:53

Nice FootyFanatic!!

12 excluding Newnes.

kevwal · 30/03/2015 at 16:54

Is Karakour on the senior list?
      14 including Newnes, he will average 90+.

James · 30/03/2015 at 09:34

Hi everyone,

I have been struggling with my team for the last couple of days. Come you please help me out because I feel that my team isn't quite right yet.

DEFENDERS: Shaw, Newnes, Higgins, Ibbotson, Henderson, Saad, Edwards, McKenzie

MIDFIELDERS: Ablett, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Griffen, Cripps, Heeney, Vandenburg, Ellis-Yolmen, Freeman, Lambert

RUCKS: Natanui, Leuenberger, Brooksby

FORWARDS: Goddard, Martin, Westhoff, Swan, Salem, Blease, Daniels, Krakouer

Thanks

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 10:46

Westhoff is highly speculative and not a great starting option, he is a corrective trade if needed. Blease is not Cats best 22 there are better options forward. I would downgrade Westhoff and upgrade Luenberger.

Reed · 30/03/2015 at 09:43

G'day community.

After listening to the podcast, I'm not too sure on my structure and Mumford. Would like peoples thoughts

Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, KK, Saad, Oxley, Hamling, McIntosh
Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Griffin, Newton, Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen, Vandenberg, Miller, Steele
Mumford, Goldstein, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Lambert, Hogan, Lonie

1. I picked Mumford because he will have a great year if he keeps fit, but I'm unsure wether to downgrade him to Maric and upgrade a backline rookie to Goodes.
2. I'm having doubts about Pendles, without Beams around him now, I don't see Collingwood winning many games, which will effect his scoring.
3. Was wondering if having 2 on-field rookies is too much, or do I downgrade Mumford and get Goodes so I have a D5 structure.
4. Just general thoughts on the rest of my team.

Cheers Community, good luck for the SC Season!

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 10:44

Rucks are solid mate, your call on Mummy or Maric, both solid selections. Goodes and KK both speculative, chose the one that you think will produce the most points for each $$ your spending on them. My backline has three onfield rooks. Your team is solid.

mick · 30/03/2015 at 12:42

great side ??? on newton vandenberg lonie and the overweight swan

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 09:50

Great podcast as always gents, looking forward to the Xmas Eve, Wednesday night podcast post ASADA ruling and all. I am going to not mention the GAJ talk as it remains very divisive.

One question I must ask for those advocating TBC as "insurance". What makes you think he will produce a career best average "this year" and what is your plan if your insurance goes down injured? Wouldn't the better insurance to be pick ruckman priced to maintain or better proven averages then if the go down, select a performing ruck or is this just too simplistic?

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 10:15

Having seen nothing of the Bombers ruck setup, assuming they get away with it is a massive risk General. Either way he's not going near my team. I'd really need to see something great consider him. Personally im going with 2 big boys in the ruck. Wasting a forward spot on a questionable ruck is no good for mine.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 10:19

Agree INP. Seems like an overly risky move given it's foundation is a highly erratic and very unproven player. And as Jock likes to say, "he's a midpricer for a reason."

Stay away. Like any premium selection, pick the two you're most comfortable with (and excited by) and go with that.

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 11:39

Ruckman peak late. Sandilands just had his best year aged 31, Minson had his 2 years ago aged 29 (I think) So if TBC has averaged 85 as a 22-23 year old I see absolutely no reason at all (if fit) that he can't at least replicate that if not better.
      Agree with Pieman about wasting a forward spot so I've got him at R2. Agree with Throtts every line has unpredictability and risk. Understand if he goes down early it's a double trade, but also if Dane Swan goes down this is also the case, unless if you sideways to Adams or Bont which I don't want.

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 10:28

He's a good insurance policy for our dangerous ruck situation in my opinion. His career high average will hopefully come because he is the number 1 ruck, and in the past when he has been the number one he has averaged 80-odd (can't remember exactly). He's my F4 so if he goes down I can downgrade to a rookie or find some cash and upgrade to a fallen premium hopefully. Best case scenario is he stays fit all season and he becomes a bench player!

Throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 11:19

Why is it “dangerous”? All due respect Marco my man but that seems making things a bit too dramatic. Every line has unpredictability and risk.

Following your logic though, wouldn’t you be bringing that dangerous situation into your forward line, as TBC is very injury prone? That and thinking just because he’s #1 ruck he’ll score 85-90 is hoping for a lot.

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 12:58

True, very true. He's a massive risk no question there. Big POD if he comes off tho because so many people are scared to grab him. High risk high reward. In saying that he's no lock and my plums may shrink by the time round 1 is upon us aha

dognino · 30/03/2015 at 18:09

I always come back to one stat for TBC , avg 9.8 games a season over his career, 13.5 games a season over the last 4 years. The so called insurance policy is more likely to go down before any other rucks he's supposed to cover.

Josh · 30/03/2015 at 09:56

Hey Community would love your thoughts on my team
Malceski, Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Hamling, Saad ( Oxley, Mcintosh)
Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Kennedy, Griffen, Cripps, Cockatoo, Heeney ( Vandenberg, Elis-Yolmen, Miller)
Maric, Minson (Read)
Deledio, Zorko, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Lambert)

Nash · 30/03/2015 at 10:03

Brett Goodes of Kad Kolodjashnij??

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 10:16

ive got both

Reed · 30/03/2015 at 10:19

How deep do you run in defence Pieman? Is Goodes your D5?

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 10:32

d4 mate. i'm seriously shallow in defence. don't even have newness. geary instead

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 10:36

Love this. Goodes my D4 and D3 is a toss up between mid pricers…. One of which is somehow Higgins at this stage. :/

Sc newby · 30/03/2015 at 17:01

It's great to hear sometihin like that pieman, I am extremely thin in defence also with newnes d1 and goodes d4. Seeing a lot of stacked back lines that will leak cash and figure if I go weak and it pays off maybe some $$$$ in the bank
          How deep do you run in the mid???

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 11:27

Goodes is a no brainer for mine. KK is playing on a wing it looks like he is gonna get a lot of uncontested footy. He will need to use it well to score well I reckon. Might be one of those choices were it won't hurt if you have him and won't hurt if you don't

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 15:28

Goodes will be very hard to knock back if named on Thursday as we all know what he produced in 2013 when given a proper opportunity.

Thumper is an attractive pick as well so like Pieman both are very viable selections, only if Goodesy is named of course.

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 10:23

Interesting pod gents. Must say im not a fan of Wayno's pick of Membrey over Mitch Clark. Suicide pick for mine. His pick of Clancee Pearce having been tagger for the last 2 is fraught with danger. Hoping Ross will be nice to you has been the downfall of many. The Geary selection I don't mind. But hoping Daniel Rich will deliver a sizable average & cash injection is wishful thinking.

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 10:32

What's the go with Robbie Tarrant? Big vest candidate or solid forward rookie?

shezza · 30/03/2015 at 11:02

He is playing in defence and will play all games all bar injury

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 11:20

I've got him Marco bit of a pod with massive potential, very injury prone. Apparently he's gonna take Grima's position and he's been a regular scorer in the 80's. Not saying Robbies gonna do that, but the opportunity is certainty there

Jay · 30/03/2015 at 10:53

584477 – fill it up

Ruffles · 30/03/2015 at 11:19

Great podcast once again fellas!

Getting very close now so would love some feedback on my team, as it currently stands. Rookies all subject to change following teams for round 1.

Def: H Shaw, J Gibson, J Newnes, H Lumumba, N Brown, J Hamling Emg: L Dalgeish, A Saad

Mid: G Ablett, S Pendlebury, N Fyfe, R Griffin, A Swallow, P Cripps, B Newton, I Heeney Emg: C Ellis-Yolmen, T Miller, K Lambert

Ruck: T Goldstein, W Minson Emg: T Read

Fwd: J Bartel, D Martin, D Swan, T Bellchambers, C Salem, M Clark Emg: J Hogan, N Krakauer

Comments:
– Unsure on D4, which is currently Lumumba. Also considering KK, Goodes, Ibbotson.
– Griffin and tag risk
– Improved scoring for Gibson with acquisition of Frawley..? Like Simpson and his early draw.
– Can Minson return to 2013 form?
– F1. Bartel atm but do we trust NAB and see him in the midfield more often? I like Deledio but don't think I can afford Gray.
– Bellchambers… Essendon player… No. 1 ruck so should improve price and be stepping stone / early ruck coverage.

Any thoughts / comments would be greatly appreciated! Cheers.

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 15:29

Ruffles I don't reckon Lumumba is a bad pick but I think Goodes is a very good one.
    Griffen will get tagged, but has in the past too and still given pretty good scores. (I'm ignoring some of his early games last year where he was clearly injured)
    I reckon Gibson will improve his scores, but Simpson does have a good draw. They are my D1-2
    Not sure about Minson, I'll say 100 average.
    Trust Bartel. Even his coach said he'll play midfield, even if he doesn't he averages 100+ playing anywhere on the ground.
    I like Bellchambers I have him.
    Not a biggie but I think your D7 & D8 have better scoring ability than your D5 & D6. Might want to look at that. Otherwise great team!

derek · 30/03/2015 at 11:22

Is Simpson good value?

I have him in my team, but just cant seem to justify his price ahead of getting Griffin, Swallow or Judd in the midfield for the same price.

I can't downgrade him to Goodes and use cash to upgrade newton to Judd.

Basically I have a choice:

Goodes & judd OR Simpson & newton

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 13:30

Both should average around the same. But Simpson is the only keeper of the 4

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 15:25

If Goodes is named I'd go with option A for better overall points production and cash generation.

Although I agree with higgo boson that Kade is the only likely keeper.

derek · 30/03/2015 at 11:39

I've tried a number of crazy structures, but I keep coming back to pretty much the same as I had a month ago. Unless something happens in the next few days and there are a number of defence Rookies fall from the heavens, I'm pretty set.

DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Kolodjasnij, Ibbotson, Saad, (McIntosh, Hamling)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Fyfe, JPK, Wines, Cripps, Heeney, Vandenberg (Ellis-Yolmen, Miller, Lambert)

RUC: Goldstein, NicNat (Lucey)

FWD: gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (Steele, Krakouer)

Rucs and forwards looks like everyone else. I'm happy with my 3 midprice in defence, would be worried having anyone cheaper, ie Goodes & C Pearce.

Throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 11:51

Very nice team, D.

Think you would give yourself a bit more flexibility if you choose Goodes (Clancee will be tagging). Backline line will be the most unpredictable to whom the top 10 will be. Feel Goodes will get you the cash faster than Ibbo, who is injury prone and plays for SC scrooge Ross Lyons.

My food for thought. Best of luck.

derek · 30/03/2015 at 12:46

if I go Ibbot to Goodes I will have cash to go Vandenberg to Either Cockatoo or Newton.

throttlefinger · 30/03/2015 at 12:51

Not interested in starting CEY? Concern with Newton is his engine. Low TOG during NAB so a red vest candidate in my opinion. Cockatoo showed much promise. Will he make the side against the GF champs? Unfortunately we have to wait until Monday to find out.

Sam · 30/03/2015 at 12:04

Good team Derek I'm not sure about Vandenberg though he hadn't been promoted yet mate

Dools · 30/03/2015 at 17:17

Soild Team Derek a great canvas to paint your way to SC Glory
    A great structure with manoeuvre room. Well thought out mate 9/10 at least!

I went even skinnier down back….This has caused me and the Fridge the most what ifs.
    I was on Clancee most pre season but you cant pick him If he is the tagger (NAB form) Sutcliffe more exy but just signed on for 4 more years. Goodes is Value he would be my replacement for Ibbo if I had your team, but I don't up to you mate

dognino · 30/03/2015 at 17:45

Nice team Derek, very similar to what I have at the moment, I have 1 less mid pricer in def and have gone big in the ruck. mids and Fwds we only have 3 players different.

Derek · 30/03/2015 at 21:35

Tweeked the team a bit and have gone for Goodes instead of Ibbotson. Godly to Maric and Salem to the Bont.

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 11:52

If the Bombers are found guilty anyone know how long the verdict will take? In other words how much confidence will I have slapping Marigliani into M8 or Dalgleish D5? A 3 week suspension would be a nightmare from a SC perspective

Note: I'm not implying they're innocent or guilty just want a solid plan in place

@t_woof · 30/03/2015 at 13:09

Pretty sure the verdict will be handed down tomorrow.

If they were to receive a 3-4 week suspension, it would make things tricky. If this was the case, would have to pass on the two you mentioned.

Kieran · 30/03/2015 at 12:03

D.Martin or J.Bartel

Matt · 30/03/2015 at 15:45

Bartel

Cattack · 30/03/2015 at 19:13

bartel

matteus · 30/03/2015 at 12:03

117200 join up lads
2 spots left, preferably fairly serious players

Brett · 30/03/2015 at 12:20

I'm confident I have nailed my team now, would like some feedback.

Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, KK, Goodes, Saad, Oxley, Hamling
Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Griffin, Newton, Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller, Steele, Krakouer
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lambert, Lonie

Brett · 30/03/2015 at 14:14

Feedback would be appreciated guys 🙂

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 14:24

Solid team Brett no obvious flaws only differences of opinion. Good luck only 3 sleeps.

Brett · 30/03/2015 at 14:29

Cheers Soreness

oliverfisher · 30/03/2015 at 12:33

Hi community,

Lewis and Lamb or Dangerfield and Hogan?
I see hogan playing the entire year, but can't really see him scoring many high scores, Lamb i think will score better the first 6-8 weeks but then might be i danger of losing his spot.

Brett · 30/03/2015 at 12:42

Lewis and Lamb

derek · 30/03/2015 at 12:49

im backing Hogan to have a very good year. the bits I saw of him in the NAB he impressed me a lot. Didn't have much delivery of the ball, but he is going to be a seriously good player. I can see him getting up to $400k this year.

medadsson · 30/03/2015 at 13:04

Lewis and Lamb for me … if as you believe Lamb plays first 6 – 8 weeks you can slaughter him and trade up. Don't forget to keep the shank!

Adam · 30/03/2015 at 12:58

Still not sold on a D4 guys lookn at
Ibbo. Geary. Haynes. Goodes ? Or anyone alse round that price ??

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 13:07

Goodes, ibbo

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 16:05

Henderson is one to consider. KK is another if you have an additional $30K lying around.

Goodes will get a start in my team at D5 if named and either Ibbo or Geary at D4.

JoeWoolcock · 30/03/2015 at 16:32

I'm liking Haynes mate but he'd be a massive POD and Kolodjashnij would be more popular round his price.

Adam · 30/03/2015 at 18:58

bloody tough might wait n see were there named

jmy7 · 30/03/2015 at 13:00

Hey community would obviously love some amazing critics I possible!??

Def: Simpson, Smith, shaw, Newnes, McIntosh, hamling ( Goddard, Saad)

MIDS: rockliff, fyfe, jpk, prides, wine, Newnes, crisps ( v’berg, helped, miller)

RUC: goldy, maric (O’Brien)

FWD: Gray, zorko, Swan, Salem, Clark, lamb (steele, lambert)

Cheers, any help would help heaps!!

jmy7 · 30/03/2015 at 13:17

Helped is heeney , bloody autocorrect

Brett · 30/03/2015 at 13:18

You have newnes there twice…

jmy7 · 30/03/2015 at 13:47

Shit, doing this on my phones killing me, it’s ment to be newton

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 13:29

1 too many defence rooks and 1 too few mid rooks for my liking.

Rest is solid

jmy7 · 30/03/2015 at 14:14

Thanks for the advice mate

jmy7 · 30/03/2015 at 15:56

Ellis yolmens the other

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 14:27

Solid team jmy7. (you are one player short in Mids I only count 10 should be 11)

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 13:07

Team is Bloody locked! I don’t even care out team lists.

Locked except for one problem….. Either

A) J. Selwood and Griffen

B) Fyfe and Boak

Help a particle out community!

jmy7 · 30/03/2015 at 13:19

Fyfe and book for me

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 13:27

Thank jmy7.

That’s what I have atm.

Swayed a little to the Jelwood side as he would be my safety captain every week as my Read (Geelong ruck) is my loophole fodder.

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 15:21

A) for me.

Not sure how you can lock your team when we don't even know which rookies will be named or who will get vested.

In my view the best coaches need to be adaptable and flexible and use whatever if the most up-to-date info before finalising decisions.

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 18:22

It’s bloody lock!

mungos men · 30/03/2015 at 13:35

current team

Backs: burgouyne, shaw, newnes, lumumba, pearce, goodes bench brown, saad

Mid: pendles, selwood, kennedy, griffen, jack steven, newton, cripps, cam e yolmen bench cockatoo, heeney, miller

Ruck: goldstein, maric bench mason wood

FWD: bartel, martin, swan, salem, clark, lambert, lonie, c daniel

30k left any thoughts appreciated

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 14:13

Pearce to Oxley
    cockatoo to Anderson

upgrade Daniel to Bonts if you can afford.

General Soreness · 30/03/2015 at 14:28

He wont have the coin to do that.

James · 30/03/2015 at 14:01

Rockliff or Pendles?

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 14:10

Rocky.

Shouldn’t get tagged now that Beams is there.

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 20:11

When did a tag ever effect Rocky?

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 15:14

Dependlebury first and look to bring in Rocky later gets my vote.

eatemalive · 30/03/2015 at 14:05

My projected Round 1 Score is 1824 – not sure if this good,bad or ugly or even relevant because of the rookie projections, I have 13 keepers with a G & R strategy.Thoughts anyone ?

higgs boson · 30/03/2015 at 14:11

Means nothing with rookies, role changes etc

Adrian · 30/03/2015 at 14:24

Hi Guys,
Would love some feedback on my team please?

Backs: Hibberd / Hurn / Newnes / Langdon / Ibbo / Edwards.S Bench: Hamling / Saad

Mids: Ablett / Pendles / Fyfe / Kennedy / Swallow.A / Cripps / Cockatoo / Heeney Bench: Vanderberg / Ellis Yoleman / Lambert.k

Ruck: Goldy / Nic Nat Bench: Cox.M

Fwd: Gray.R / Martin / Bongtempelli / Salem / Clarke.M / Hogan Bench: Daniel.C / Lamb.T

$51,300 left in bank…… Any suggestions?

stevie · 30/03/2015 at 15:01

Ablett Fyfe pendles and Kennedy all have r12 byes, as well as half ur defence in hibbert Newnes Langdon and ibbo its too many

Joe · 30/03/2015 at 14:25

Bont vs swan vs Taylor Adams
Which One ?

David · 30/03/2015 at 15:05

Motlop!!!

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 15:12

Can't afford not to start without Swanny imho.

Swanny, Newnes and Griffen are probably the closest things to 'must haves' in 2015 for the majority of coaches just like Beams and Sandi were in 2014.

Seb · 30/03/2015 at 14:29

Does Aaron Vandenberg have to be elevated first to play?

david · 30/03/2015 at 15:02

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 15:05

Yes still on the Dees rookie list so will need to be upgraded to the seniors to play AFL.

Banyo · 30/03/2015 at 14:34

Where are your updated cheat sheets??
Particularly for rookies.

Luke · 30/03/2015 at 14:38

Hi wayno and jock,

Great great podcast, wayno your freakin awesome and funny as [email protected]$k and love your team, very similar structure to mine

JR and Wayno, to weigh in on the Higgins argument, I don't understand why people aren't picking the prince over Higgins. Here is why

Over the past 5 seasons

Lumumba has proven to average 20.6 games per season vs Higgins 12.6. (Seasons 2007 – 2009, Lumumba 63 games vs Higgins 41 games) 1 point Lumumba

Lumumba has averaged 76.82 per game vs Higgins 75.08. 1 point Lumumba

Lumumba best season has averaged 88 compared to Higgins of 82.6 1 point Lumumba

Last season Lumumba was clearly disgruntled at collingwood where as Higgins left attempt to play finals, so I would expect greater improvement from Lumumba then Higgins. Lumumba pre season form was more greater and consistent then Higgins 1 point Lumumba

So for mine Lumumba wins 3 nil, based on games played, average per game and proven ceiling in a season, this season with weak defence options, last thing I want to be doing is trading sideways because of injury, suspension etc, so I have picked players who I can rely on to play week in week out surely this makes Lumumba a much better prospect then Higgins. I would predict an average of 90 for Lumumba

My last point against Higgins is Nick Dal Santo, the guy is a gun and I reckon 20 – 25% better then Higgins, last year in his first season at North averaged 102.9, this would suggest Higgins won't be getting near 100.

Good luck wayno, hope you finish high on SC

Stevie · 30/03/2015 at 14:53

Hi community, since my team hasn't change in the past few days I feel confident in putting my plums on the table for u all to gander at.

Def: Shaw, Broadbent, Newnes, Thumper, Goodes, Mcintosh (saad,hamling)
Mids: Ablett, Fyfe, Ward, Wines, Cunnington, Rich, Newton, Cripps (vandenberg,miller,CEY)
Ruck: Goldy, Nicnat (read)
Fwd: Gray, Dusty, Dahlhaus, Salem, Clark, Steele (Lamb,Lambert)

Would love some thoughts on my PODs and team in general, thanks community.

JoeWoolcock · 30/03/2015 at 16:46

Stevie, absolutely love Cunnington and Ward, I've seen them in almost no teams at all! I'd pass on Broadbent but other than that I actually really like your side, structure is very similar to mine. Good luck mate.

stevie · 30/03/2015 at 17:22

Broadbent will change to hibbert if he plays but if they get banned im happy to back Broadbent in to finish with a 85-90 ave by years end. As a port supporter I've heard he's in for more mid rotation this year. My gut says he will step up as they r grooming him to be the next captain until ollie's age catches up to his quad size

Adam · 30/03/2015 at 15:25

Current backline

Shaw. Johnson. Newnes

Ibbo. Saad. Mcintosh

Edwards. Hamling

Cant decide on d4 liking ibbo but also looking at

haynes geary kolo goodes any thaughts ??

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 16:58

Goodes (if named) and KK are the ones I'm looking at

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 19:49

I'm planning on running with Ibbo too but all those other guys are very viable alternatives. Hendo looks like decent value as well.

But if Goodes is named this week it's pretty hard to look past him as he delivered a 90pt average from 13 games back in 2013.

Nash · 30/03/2015 at 15:32

Hey guys can you give me any feedback. Cheers
Def: Shaw, Gibson, Hibbered (May change), R.Murphy, Newnes, Saad (Mcintosh, Goodard)
Mid: Gaz, Pendulbury, Fyfe, Danger, Newton, Cripps, Henney, Elise- youlmen ( Vandenberg, miller, krakour)
Ruck: Goldy, Maric (Read)
Fwd: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (lamb, lambet) $77,500 left over

Re: with the backline this year I have gone really set and forget. I don't really trust many rookies this year and I think the money is to be made in the midfield and Fwd line. I may include Goodes back in defence and I would have 300,000 to upgrade players in the midfield

The middle this year I really want to make some cash. Newton and Cripps should do that for me and Henney and elis youlmen will be handy as well. I would rather midfield rookies scoring over defensive rookies as they will score more and make more cash.

Ruck is set and forget

Fwd line I am looking for cash generation also.

Any feedback community would be awesome. Thanks

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 16:57

This team isn't for me, Nash, but at least you've got a rock solid strategy mate. Nothing wrong with the cattle you've selected. Reckon if Hibbo gets rubbed out swap him Goodes. Good luck for the year

Tim · 30/03/2015 at 15:42

I have $17,000 Remaining

Team:
Def: H Shaw, J Gibson, J Newnes, Geary, Goodes, Edwards (Oxley, Saad)
Mids: Fyfe, Boak, Dangerfield, Neale, Rich, Jong, Newton, Cripps (Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Lambert)
Rucks: Goldstein, Minson (Naismith)
Fwds: Gray, Bartel, Martin, Swan, Clark, Salem (Hogan, Daniel)

Love some feedback – cheers

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 16:54

POD city in your mids, Tim! Way too ballsy for me. I'd be more comfortable with another few rolled gold premiums lining up alongside Fyfe. Plenty of mid choices you could downgrade to free up some cash. Either/or Rich/Jong. Either/or Newton/Cripps

Tim · 30/03/2015 at 17:28

Thanks Kev.
      I have tried to pick the players who I feel will generate some cash, obviously with minimal risk.
      The NAB numbers stack up, but we all know that is not the real deal

Brillsy21 · 30/03/2015 at 15:52

Maric or Minson????

Matt · 30/03/2015 at 15:54

Big Ivan

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 16:08

Mullet all day

Dools · 30/03/2015 at 17:55

Mullet Brillsy, Mullet all the way

Jay · 30/03/2015 at 16:03

Hey community this is my current team

Def: Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Kolodjashnji, Goodes, Saad ( Oxley, Mcintosh)

MIDS: Fyfe, D Beams, Parker, A Swollow, Rich, Newton, Cripps, Anderson ( Heeney, Ellis Yoleman, Miller)

RUC: Goldy, Leuenberger (Reed)

FWD: Gray, Bartel, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, (Hogan, lambert)

Have $187,800 in the bank, thoughts would be greatly appreciated

Kev · 30/03/2015 at 16:50

Mids look a bit light on with Swallow at M4. Reckon you've overspent from M5-7. Downgrade one, upgrade the other to a premium so it shifts Swallow to M5.

Also not confident in Luey to produce big scores. That's my preference though

Rick · 30/03/2015 at 16:08

My midfield is looking like this so far: Fyfe, JPK, Sideass, Griffen, Judd or S. Mitchell, Wells, Cripps, Anderson

I see sideass becoming the number 1 sc pick for collingwood this year, and wells if fit, will definitely average over 90 maybe even 100, but im stuck deciding between mitchell and judd. Both are absolute superstars, but who will have better years? I cant decide. I need your help community. Judd of S mitchell???

Mitchell · 30/03/2015 at 16:38

Here's my team
Would love some feedback/suggestions

Backs: Hibberd, Enright, Newnes, Henderson, C.Pearce, Goddard (S.Edwards, A.Saad)

Mids: Pendles, Fyfe, Selwood, M.Barlow, Danger, C.Judd, P.Cripps, I.Heeney (N.Freeman, D.Ellis-Yolman, K.Lambert)

Rucks: Minson, T.Bellchambers (T.Mead)

Forwards: D.Swan, H.Bennel, T.Walker, T.Mitchell, M.Clark, J.Hogan (J.Steele, T.Lamb)

Justin · 30/03/2015 at 17:36

Hi, – if you could comment on this team – that would be great.
I'm in a league with an internal prize $$$ + (bragging rights with some mates)

Backs: Burgoyne, Shaw H, Newnes, K K, C.Pearce, Goodes (Goddard, A.Saad)

Mids: Pendles, Fyfe, Gray, Griffen, Stevens, Newton, P.Cripps, Cockatoo (Heeney, D.Ellis-Yolman, Krakouer.)

Rucks: Maric, Nic Nat ,( Cox )

Forwards: Bartel, Martin, D.Swan,, T.Bellchambers, Salem, Clark ( Daniel, Lambert )

Gordo · 30/03/2015 at 18:48

not sure about cockatoo great player to watch but doubt he will get enough ball consistently

Ben Bretel · 30/03/2015 at 17:42

hey guys here is my plan to get ablett any holes in the plan or thoughts please mention
i am not starting with gary so i was thinking having lambert in the midfield when i think swan or t. mitchell price hits maximum and gary minimum i was planing on trading one of these players to gary and putting lambert in the forward not expecting swan to play well all year if pies r doing shit

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 19:21

I like it Ben. I put Swan back in my team for this reason, if he averages 100+ first 4 weeks I'll keep him, if not he is involved in getting Gaz.

But you've gone a step further and added Mitchell. Although if both guys smash it you'll need a plan c for Gaz it'll still be a good thing for your side because you might just have yourself the Parker and Gray of 2014

Beerz09 · 30/03/2015 at 18:34

BREAKING NEWS?? The AFL Dream Team fantasy has placed a 'band aid' logo on Gary Ablett, not looking good for Gaz starting round 1 ?

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 18:57

It's the same in Supercoach but it just means he's subject to a fitness test which has been the case for a while so nothing new to get one's knickers in a knot over I reckon.

I'm personally hoping he plays or else pretty much everyone will jump off. It would be far more interesting to see what happens in the aftermath if he plays as the community seems fairly split on whether to have him round 1 or not.

I'm squarely in the "no" camp myself but that could turn out to be a huge mistake. We'll get our answer Saturday night if he plays.

Josh · 30/03/2015 at 19:15

I can imagine he will be a late out, 45 mins before the game starts. Hopefully the supercoach site doesn't melt down at that point!

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 19:59

With an open lockout it could melt down till Sunday twilight if Gaz is a late out while people are trying to re distribute the cash to other players

shezza · 30/03/2015 at 19:20

Im the same. Currently he is not in my side and I hope he plays and gets subbed or plays well below par

r2d2 · 30/03/2015 at 18:38

Thoughts on jaksch??

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 19:05

Not super keen on him at that price but if there is an extreme dearth of rookie defenders to choose from for Rd1 he could come into play.

I reckon Goodesy (if named) is a far better prospect for the benjamins for at least we know he's been there and done that back in 2013. Jaksch is bit more of an unknown quantity.

Gordo · 30/03/2015 at 18:45

feedback please. tear it apart
DEF shaw, newness, rampe, savage, goodes, brown (goddard saad)
MID pendelbury, fife, selwood, griffen, wallis(stepping stone to gaz) newton, cripps, cey (heeney vandenberg,lambert)
RUCK maric, naitanui (cox)
FWD gray martin swan bounty salem clark (hogan daniel)
169500 left in the back for mission get gaz back in as quick as possible if his shoulder holds up, i believe he will fall bait and wallis will rise (hoping for a straight swap but highly doubting that will be possible)

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 19:21

Not much to tear apart Gordo. Rampe is an interesting POD but reckon there is more supercoach relevance elsewhere at that price point such as Lumumba or Higgins.

Of course as a Sydney supporter I hope I'm dead wrong there and he dominates as a rebounding defender in the post Malceski Swans defence but I'm not counting on that being the case.

Wallis is a nice selection and one who could flourish in the Libba void so nothing wrong with that speculative midpricer in my mind. Has potential upside at least on paper so could prove well worth it.

Other than that I get your reasoning on the big bank balance but you are probably best served by investing in more immediate point production on the park. For instance you could upgrade Newton to a Rich or Wells type fallen premium.

You will probably generate plenty cash cash in the early rounds by dumping failed midpricers or injured premiums to jump on exploding rookies anyway as we make those necessary corrective trades.

Gordo · 30/03/2015 at 20:15

thanks mate. its been changed to many times, i have had rampe since the start but still not 100% convinced on him or savage in that fact but kinda likely them as they are not appearing in many other teams i have seen. i have been considering that as i believe its going to take me two trades to get gaz in just tossing up points vs cash generation between wells/rich compared to newton. anyone got any thoughts on this idea

Matt · 30/03/2015 at 19:08

Thoughts on juddy

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 20:06

Short term only. Could be a nice ride up to a fallen elite player like Gary. Assuming you take the risk & he does fall & Judd does go up.

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 20:07

Solid choice, has looked good

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 20:17

He looks rejuvenated and is likely under-priced.

He could make an easy $50K if he can stay healthy although I think those who are hoping he could make $100K or more are probably asking a bit much.

His best days are well behind him so he is nowhere near a top 10 mid but he's still certainly more than fantasy relevant in 2015.

Tjm · 30/03/2015 at 19:29

Hey all, what 2 do you think will have a better outcome.
Fyfe and Cameron or swan and the bont.
I see it as a bit of a pod not to have swan this year but I'm not sure maybe to risky any thoughts?

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 20:07

If swan gets back to where he used to be you won't have a shot at the 50k

medadsson · 30/03/2015 at 19:43

The pressure is too much. I have been steadfast with mostly guns and rookies. I am beginning to waver. I am going to give my wife my password and ask her to change it and not give it back until five minutes before first round. I don't know whether I can trust her with it, please help! The alternative is a flurry of late trades and an infection of mid-priceritis.

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 20:10

I know the feeling mate. That’s why I got rid of the misses in case I did something stupid like that. I balance my time with tinder. Loads of fun. Torn between selections. Most of all Gary. Love this shit!

medadsson · 30/03/2015 at 22:59

Ha ha, strategic move re the misses. Hope the new draftees from tinder are up to scratch. Yes this is great fun (better than tinder?) but the Gazza dilemma, what to do. I've always been a bit of an outsider there so he's out for me. Got to put my trust in Nat Fyfe. Cheers.

sean · 30/03/2015 at 19:48

so for the people who are going cheap down back and looking at starting 2-3 rookies on field, what rookies are you going with? Is Brown a good option?

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 20:07

Solid rookie option as he has great JS

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 20:08

Brown is so darn injury prone but at $140K he should nevertheless be genuinely considered but as bench support only I'd say.

Has only averaged over 51pts once in his career way back in 2010 so he might be able to make you $100K before the byes only if he can stay out there for at least 6 or 7 games.

sean · 30/03/2015 at 20:10

what backline structure are you boys going for this year?

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 20:33

At this stage I'm running with Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, Ibbo, Goodes, Saad (McIntosh, Hamling) but that could change some come Thursday night.

I N Pieman · 30/03/2015 at 20:12

Under 150 brown has best JS. Unless Dalgliesh & Edwards come into play tomorrow. Bench only in case of emergency. If your looking at 4 rookie priced players he’s valid down back.

Phil · 30/03/2015 at 20:05

Are the Melbournes NAB scores a little misleading given that they played Bulldogs second team and Essendons third team? Especially Salem who went large in these two games and failed the other. Will Lumumba be allowed this much space? Doesn't look good for Hogan?

Marco_Polo94 · 30/03/2015 at 20:06

If i believe, deep within my loins, that Shaw, Newnes and Goodes will all average 90+ (Maybe goodes a little under) it would be fine to have Goodes at D3 right!? Atm its Shaw, Newnes, Higgins, Goodes. Or is that just too shallow? What do you reckon community, how deep are you going down back. D3, 4 or 5?

KJU FC · 30/03/2015 at 20:14

Really like the look of Goodes Marco.
    He averaged 91 back in 2013 so its not out of the question but the fact that the doggies have delisted him before makes me worry.
    ATM it is out of him and Geary for my D4 spot.

Gordo · 30/03/2015 at 20:19

i reckon you have to go to at least goodes at 5 maybe 4 not sold on higgins burnt me a couple times but there is a lot of people around the price that could step up. between that and the gaz situation is making it interesting

SCaddict · 30/03/2015 at 20:40

Goodes at D3 is probably too thin a defence for my liking MP. I currently have him at D5 although D4 could be fairly viable if we have 4 other decent rookies to fill in D5 to D8.

PDP · 31/03/2015 at 14:50

Watch the vast alterations made to SC teams after today's NOT GUILTY decision. I have traded Buddy out already because against a weakened Essendon team he may have kicked ten goals.

jimmydowland · 31/03/2015 at 15:50

Defenders: Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Ibboston, Goodes, Brown, Hambling, Saad
Midfielders: ABlett, Selwood, Beams, kennedy, griffen, cripps, heeney, ….
Ruck, Minson, Maric, Obrien
For: Gray, martin, swan, bellchambers, salem, clark, Hogan, lamb
6k in bank
Thoughts on team community ??

cockatoo??
bellchambers??

Beerz09 · 31/03/2015 at 16:37

Where do i go to find out what rookies are elevated to the senior list?

Beerz09 · 31/03/2015 at 16:45

My MID and RUC currently looks like this

MID: Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, Parker, Judd, Cripps, Heeney (Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller)
RUC: Minson, Maric (Read)

I could keep this line up but i am considering downgrading Maric to Naitanui so i can fit Griffen into my MID by upgrading Judd
Thoughts?

jimmydowland · 01/04/2015 at 10:40

What’s more important, Daniel rich in the midfield at M6… or Tommy Bellchambers at F4