higgoWhile I am not against cricket, I do blame the frenzied bat and ball game for adding further angst to my preseason.

It has been too long and I have hypothesised, re-worked, theorised and generally driven Mother mad with my slave-like obsession to coming up with a starting squad that I can comfortably sleep on.

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

Mathemagic FC 2015

higgo

My Structure & Strategy – The Tortoise & the Hare

(Turning Defence into Offence)

Given the dearth of defensive rookies this year, I have structured my team around a deep and dependable defensive structure. I am forecasting that those running with more than one or two on-field defensive rookies will encounter difficulties early and either leak points or be forced into some premature trades, thus giving me an advantage.

I am also reluctant to start with too many of these defensive rookies as they are less likely to appreciate at the same rate as those found in the midfield and to a lesser extent, on the forward line. The argument against this is that the starting Premium defenders will not score as many points as the extra Premium midfielder that opposing squads might be afforded. To this I contest that while I may begin more slowly than other teams, I will be faster to a full premium squad while hopefully using trades – the SuperCoach tortoise and hare scenario.

Debatable Selections

While rookie selections are fluid at this stage, you will notice a few interesting selections.

Connor Blakely is one. I aim to use him in the event that Ablett does not go large enough to warrant a Captaincy selection via exploiting the VC loophole – this strategy is outlined in detail in the significant publication that is the Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Magazine. It is not too late to order yours!

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR 2015 JOCK REYNOLDS FANTASY FOOTY MAGAZINE

While Ciaran Byrne may not be named and replaced prior to Round One, I wanted to place him in the forward line to demonstrate the beauty of the Higgins selection – his FWD/DEF eligibility cannot be underestimated.

My concerns;

The most obvious concern is a thin rookie forward line. If Oxley is named I plan on downgrading Harry Taylor and turning one of my forward rookies into another solid forward option – most probably Taylor Walker.

Aside from Higgins and Naitanui, whom I am confident in at least holding their value, I feel my riskiest selection is Harry Taylor. While it is very doubtful that he will end up in the top six scoring defenders this year, I am forecasting that he is slightly under-priced and will not cost me many points when compared to a more expensive option. I feel the difference in a top 6 and top 20 defender will only equate to perhaps 5 to 7 points per week – perhaps 120 points across the season. This will not be the case in the forward line.

Ablett is of course a highly debatable selection. Players who have undergone the same surgery with similar recover times have not had recurring issues. Why didn’t the greatest player in the competition play any NAB games? Perhaps it is because he is the greatest player in the competition. I propose that we will all need Ablett within our teams sooner rather than later. Those who do not start with Ablett will be making some awkward trade decisions at a stage before adequate cash has been generated, regardless of a reduction in value or not.

My only other concern at this stage is the fact that I currently have too many cheap rookie selections. If Krakouer, Lambert and/or Saad are not named or even vested, I may need to make a swift structural decision to generate a little more cash. I have planned for this and while it may be a controversial move, I may exchange Griffen for Dom Tyson.

I will be going into further detail regarding my squad during this week’s podcast. Feel free to ask questions below or send in a speak pipe query.

Kind regards,

Peter Higginbotham

Over to you community – what are your thoughts on Mathemagic FC?

@RagingBulls34 · 27/03/2015 at 19:49

What do you think Simpson will average?

General Soreness · 27/03/2015 at 19:53

95-100 like every year.

T-mitch · 27/03/2015 at 22:26

100 good enough for d1, I have him

Mac · 27/03/2015 at 19:49

No Robbie Gray? Franklin will go huge against the Bombers, but, when it's wet, he will struggle. I'm not a fn of Higgins, but I can see why you have selected him. He looked good in the NAB challenge. Personally, I would downgrade Higgins and upgrade Nic Nat, but that's just me. Good Luck!

KJU FC · 27/03/2015 at 19:53

an absolute beauty Higgo!

General Soreness · 27/03/2015 at 19:53

Really intriguing team, I not a D5 advocate so structurally we are different but assessing from a D5 viewpoint the only issue I see is the low number of keepers, I count 10 maybe 11. That makes for some keen trading. Share your Taylor concerns. I am presuming you have assessed Buddy as Buffalo Jump proof in 2015. Can’t knock the actual players selected but for Buddy. Bring on R1.

JackoSC · 27/03/2015 at 20:03

10-11 keepers? Maybe I can’t count so good but I get 13-14.

Ian Balfour · 27/03/2015 at 20:14

Yes, I would agree with 13 to 14!

General Soreness · 27/03/2015 at 20:25

Personally wouldn’t have Nicnat, Taylor, Higgins as keepers and possibly Newnes.

ben · 27/03/2015 at 22:21

and swan

T-mitch · 27/03/2015 at 22:28

I must be seeing things, I saw 13-14

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:24

If that was my side, i'd be expecting 13-14 keepers there.

Tyler · 28/03/2015 at 07:17

I got 12, 13 if you include Nic Nat or Newnes

deanos · 27/03/2015 at 19:53

Higgo, we have very similar sides. Similar defense structure, almost identical midfield (I have rockliff instead of Ablett at the mo, and Pendles instead of Fyfe) and similar forward lines although I have BONTY @ F4. Clark and Salem are my on field FWD rookies but I'm banking on Clark to be injured sooner rather than later.

Really backing my gut feelng on the Bont, what are your thoughts? Has been stated in the news that he is going to be "let loose" by Bevo.

@TylerCArmstrong · 27/03/2015 at 20:10

Seriously considering the Bonts too Deanos, after calming down from his exceptional NAB challenge form. I have come to believe that he will average 90-95 therefore will not make my team. Great value though.

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 21:01

Bont came out too early in the NAB and has attracted a lot of attention.
    Most of it from other clubs looking at giving him a hard tag. Can he handle that?
    Let loose and shut down before the season starts.
    IF I have an under performing forward in my team I will look at him after seeing his first 2 games at least.

Big vin · 27/03/2015 at 19:56

Team looks well balanced with some unique picks, all picks have some form of sound reasoning behind them..
Can’t fault higgo here.. Will probably go very far In S 2015

K88 · 27/03/2015 at 19:58

Glad to see I have the exact same structure as Higgo (with some differing picks obviously). Reassurance to have a certified SC Gun on my side.

Garry · 27/03/2015 at 19:59

Big fan of this team higgo!
i have also been tempted by higgins, but cannot seem to fit him into my team at the moment….
speaking of my team, what do you think:

Def: Shaw, Hodge, Newnes, Ibbotson, Goddard, Oxley (Saad, Mcintosh)
Mid: Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Wines, Griffen, Cripps, Heeney, Ellis-Yolman (Steele, Boekhorst, Vandenberg)
Ruck: Maric, Nicnat (nankervis)
Fwd: Gray, Martin, Bennel, Swan, Clark, Hogan (Lambert, Daniel)

Mac · 27/03/2015 at 20:07

IMO, trade Bennel to Salem, and upgrade Nic Nat to someone like Goldy. Maybe trade Boekhorst to Touk Miller. Hodge is a little old IMO, Gibson is a better choice there, or if you don't have enough cash, Bob Murphy from the Dogs looks good. He is now the captain, and I reckon will increase his average.

Garry · 27/03/2015 at 20:14

Cheers mate!
      I reckon everyone has put the line through Hodge too early, still got some points left in him.
      like the idea of bennell to salem…not sure my plums are large enough to go through with it

Garry · 27/03/2015 at 22:22

Bennell is a monster though

Ethan · 27/03/2015 at 23:43

Bennell has averaged 95 for the past 3 years, I don't think his ceiling is much greater than that, if your looking for consistency, great pick

jmy7 · 28/03/2015 at 00:48

keep you team different from others??? or else everyones going to draw

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 07:16

Strong looking team indeed, with a few PODS would love ur opinion on mine

Shaw, Johnson, Newnes
    Bewick, N Brown, Mcintosh
    Edwards, Hamling

Pendles,Selwood,Beams
    Griffen, Wells, Rich
    Yolmen,Saad
    Heeney, Vandenberg, Krak

Goldy, Minson,
    Brooksby

Gray, Martin,Swan
    Dahlhaus, Clark, Lambert
    Lamb, Steele

Currently $196,400 left

Possible changes im lookn at
    Bewick to Higgins.
    Or
    Pendles/Selwood to Fyfe
    Bewick to Cripps
    Wells to Masten

Fred · 27/03/2015 at 19:59

Gibson or Simpson?

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 21:03

Simpson.

Tony · 27/03/2015 at 21:48

Simpson is consistent, but if the hawks can continue to release Gibson due to Frawley and Lake taking gorillas I think Gibson will go large. You might know what you'll get from Simpson but I think Gibson has more upside.

vinnymac · 28/03/2015 at 03:09

Simpson. l feel Gibson will keep doing what he does best and that is fisting the ball away.

jmy7 · 27/03/2015 at 20:01

Great team higgo, going for a few different players meaning franklin, taylor, dagerfield, though it looks like a gun team!! now i just have one question for my team community??

wells and swan or
newton and gray???

jmy7 · 27/03/2015 at 20:04

or, or newton and swan, or someone completely different

Blueprime · 27/03/2015 at 20:53

Harry · 28/03/2015 at 01:17

gray

jockreynolds · 27/03/2015 at 20:02

All the way with G bloody A bloody J Higgo! This is a titanium bloody team my good friend!

CorzD · 27/03/2015 at 22:10

Funny to see you’ve rattled your friend’s cage so much on Higgins, that he’s put a loop hole around Byrne(DPP) incase of emergency trade 😉

Big Plums · 28/03/2015 at 01:29

Many will leave out GAZ because their plums aren't big enough. Mine are huge just like Gaz's…

Seaford Scouse · 27/03/2015 at 20:03

Inspirational Higgo, marvelous stuff!

Great to see one of the inner sanctum go for the 'conman' strategic doughnut with GAJ and Fyfe, love that you're putting your plums on show mate. Cracker of a team too, especially that Higgins bloke 🙂

Luke · 27/03/2015 at 20:04

Need some help….
Malceski and Parker
Orrrrr
Simpson and JPK??

Garry · 27/03/2015 at 20:06

Thats a bloody tough one Luke!
    I actually would prefer Simpson and Parker

LEKD0G · 27/03/2015 at 20:14

I also would go Simpson and Parker

shezza · 27/03/2015 at 20:23

Same Lekdog. Simpson will roam free on the wing with Gibbs and Murphy copping tags. Parker tackles and is good in close, the reason I selected Parker over JPK.

Dean · 27/03/2015 at 20:31

I think it's ridiculous paying $566k for a defender even if it's Malceski. I seriously cannot see a significant scoring difference between Malceski, Simpson, Shaw and Hibberd if he plays.

My advice would be to save the extra cash on Malceski and put it on simpson if you like him.

Parker vs JPK??? That's a tough one, I think JPK has proved himself year in, year out he is just super consistent.

So that being said id go with Simpson & JPK.

Good luck with who ever you chose mate.

@TylerCArmstrong · 27/03/2015 at 20:04

Great team Higgo! I like it a lot. What do you think Danger and Nic Nat will average roughly this year?

bangles · 27/03/2015 at 20:05

Not bad Higgo!
Got an extra 200K, where should I be looking to upgrade? Is Lycett a good POD if in same team as Nic Nat? Or should I downgrade Lycett to TBC?

DEF: Hibberd, Newnes, Langdon, Goodes, S Edwards, Hamling, (Rainbow, Saad)
MID: Pendles, Fyfe, Selwood, JPK, Danger, Wines, Newton, Cripps (Jed Anderson, Heeney, Ellis-Yolman)
RUC: Maric, Nic Nat (Read)
FOR: Zorko, Swan, Lycett, Salem, Clark, Lambert (Hogan, Krakouer)

Mac · 27/03/2015 at 20:14

Do you have a plan to get Gaz in? if not, i strongly suggest you get one! I would upgrade Lycett to Gray personally. But if you want ruck cover, TBC. If you choose to pick TBC, use your cash to upgrade your backline.

bangles · 27/03/2015 at 20:38

Good advice Mac. After posting this I looked at some options and downgraded to TBC and upgraded Langdon to Heath Shaw. Was virtually same price so still left with $215K in bank. Love to have started with Ablett, but with easy games early, chance of not playing or being handed to red vest means a likely price drop which is when I will jump onboard come round 5 or 6..

Kev · 27/03/2015 at 21:51

Langdon to Heater would be a 116k difference there bangles.

Higgo raises a good point, even if Gaz drops 100k in the first month, he'll be at 630k. You need a plan mate to get him in asap

bangles · 27/03/2015 at 21:56

And lycett to tbc saves 116k so even money after the 2 changes. And yes ablett traded in will b priority number one.

Jack · 27/03/2015 at 20:07

Of all the team reveals this is the one I have been anticipating the most, as I am running the exact same structure. And I must say I’m not surprised by your selections. A very interesting team. I’ve even followed in your footsteps and picked Higgins in defence.

Dean · 27/03/2015 at 20:14

Great team Higgo, the great man in GAJ is a serious conundrum, he has been in and out of my team so often it's driving my crazy.

The GOOD news is that Goodes has been elevated from rookie list. Definite LOCK & FORGET for mine. Would you consider changing putting in Goodes for say Higgins or Newnes and get yourself 150k to put else where?

eatemalive · 27/03/2015 at 20:44

i wouldn't say that Goodes is a Lock n Forget, rather an Lock with an Upgrade in the future

Dean · 27/03/2015 at 21:43

Fair call mate Goodes remains sound and doesn't get injured he could quite easily score 75 to 90 as he done in his debut season.

Kev · 27/03/2015 at 21:53

If he can return to his 91 average from 2013 he'll stay as my D6 come season end

craig · 28/03/2015 at 00:26

goodes is a d4 lock and a forget d6, no doubt

Stevo · 27/03/2015 at 20:15

Hey guys who should I get at M6? Judd, Neale, or Swallow
Current mid looks like: Fyfe, Sidebottom, Beams, Selwood, Parker, M6, Cripps, CEY (T.Miller, Vandenberg, Heeney)

Garry · 27/03/2015 at 20:22

Neale – nice POD, looks on the verge of a big breakout season

Seb · 27/03/2015 at 21:01

Sam Mitchell

Dean · 27/03/2015 at 21:13

I would put Griffen in as your M6 but if your not a fan of Griffen then go with Swallow mate.

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:27

Start Heeney and inject the spend elsewhere. Slot Jed Anderson onto the bench.

Connor · 27/03/2015 at 23:28

What’s your entire team look like? It will be easier to choose if based on your structure

Stevo · 28/03/2015 at 12:27

Cheers guys

Lucas · 27/03/2015 at 20:32

Loving the team Higgo!!!!
I'm pretty set with my structure for now, would love some thoughts and feedback on my team..
DEF:Simpson,Shaw,Newnes,Thumper,Saad,Hamling(Oxley,Mcintosh)
MID:Ablett,Pendles,Fyfe,Parker,Dangerfield,Cripps,Heeney,Ellis(Vanderberg,Miller,Lambert)
RUCK:Mumford,Goldy(Read)
FWD:Gray,Bartel,Swan,Salem,Clark,(Hogan,Daniel,Lamb)
Not sure which 1 out of those 3 up forward to start on field and still questioning selecting Ablett..

pleasure&PAYNE · 27/03/2015 at 22:32

I like it mate. Solid

throttlefinger · 27/03/2015 at 20:57

Provocative team, Higgo. No surprise.

Only concern would be you have zero mid cover. All of those bench players won't get games the first 5 rounds, I would guess. Unless you're hoping to swing Lambert, yet he may prove to be a stronger F6 than Hogan. And no Pendles is very risky, given he's a consistent 120+ scorer who rarely misses a game.

But sure you've considered all this, my man. Best of luck this season. Look forward to tearing your team a new 2 hole in the Tdome.

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 21:07

I love it, Higgo. I actually think Taylor could be a really good defender for you and you obviously have a leg up on most teams by only having to play 1 rookie defender. Love the Franklin pick too, he was unstoppable once Tippett came back to the side and he could go and do whatever he wanted. Could come out with a bang to start the season and you'll be loving it. Kennedy looks to be an undervalued selection this year too.

Cash generation would be my only concern with your side now, but I'm sure those guys like Vangenberg and Krak are placeholders and will be replaced by guys named in Round 1?

throttlefinger · 27/03/2015 at 21:12

Is the JPK comment a note of forgiveness for having him not in your side, Barron?

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 21:23

I love the lad, always have, always will, but there comes a time in a young Supercoachers life where he must move on and find new avenues to grow, not only as a coach, but as a person also. There will always be the memories of all the points we scored together and they will be cherished.

So yea, just a little bit of one.

throttlefinger · 27/03/2015 at 21:27

So do I. Like you has been a loyal player. In fact, I went a couple weeks with him in my team. You know, just for the memories.

@HJ_Mitch · 27/03/2015 at 21:12

A wee note of caution for every member of the illustrious Jock Reynolds Community – don't believe everything that you see and read.
With SuperCoach we are all in something that we may have played in before or are still playing, a competition – A test of skill or ability; a contest!!
There is money up for grabs and, at the very least, bragging rights with your mates.
Absorbing information and tips from the veterans is always good but, at the end of the day, it's your call and your decision.
I will, however, give ONE opinion.
Select Ablett for Round 1 at your peril.
I simply cannot see GAJ earning stellar points at the beginning of the season or for for several rounds.
Why? Based on common sense.
He lost a brownlow for the taking last year through a delimitating injury. Sure, he plays for a team but he is only human and realises
his place in the history of the game and what he could personally achieve, for ever.
He is 31 this year and the window of opportunity for immortality is closing.
He is coming through the most serious injury of his career thus far. He will be targeted and tested.
He knows that he cannot carry the GCS on his own shoulders to finals and beyond.
He also knows that he has to manage his season to produce a steady, consistent performance to carve out what he is capable of achieving.
Ask yourself – do you honestly think he is going to come out hell for leather at the start of this season?
He has to get over the injury, convince himself that he is able to cop the knocks and surge forward.
He will take it carefully and he will assess the capabilities of those around him in doing so.
He will want to be at his best at the end – not the beginning.
At his current price he will drop before going back up (if he does).
Beware. Beware.

throttlefinger · 27/03/2015 at 21:33

Totally agree, HJ.

For those that pointed to Fyfe and Selwood not playing preseason last year and coming out blazing, that is apples and oranges. Both Selwood and Fyfe had serious injuries before, so emotionally and mentally they need what was in store for them. Plus this happened at a younger age. Gaz is coping his first serious injury in his 30s. So as HJ says, he has to convince himself. Learn had to play and adjust his game with his "new" shoulder. That's a huge mountain to overcome. And probably the reason why he didn't test it during NAB.

Most importantly, Gaz is a competitor. If he thinks he is hurting his team, he won't play. Or asked to be pulled out. And doubt the Suns are going to risk the long term health of their player against the likes of the Dees and STK. He may hit 100. He may hit 105. But there is little, little chance he hits 130.

@HJ_Mitch · 27/03/2015 at 21:53

Pearls of wisdom, my good friend.
      We shall see who is right and who is wrong.
      It seems like we are standing against the JR Inner Sanctum's views but I think we will be proven right.

Super_Freak · 28/03/2015 at 14:21

Have to agree TF, he is likely to start with the vest or get subbed of in some or all of his first few games, if he is named.

My other main concern, which no-one has really touched on, is what if he re-injures the shoulder again. He has had no NAB, and no heavy match simulation. 4 days ago he went through a training session that included wrestling and grappling etc, and they said when he returned to train with the team the orange cap would be gone, but 2 days later at training he was still sporting the no contact cap. I know he's the best ever, and could just come out and go BANG………BUT, he could also get stetchered off after his first heavy bump, and he will get plenty of them. Another scenario is he takes 3,6,9 weeks to get back to his usual awesome self, if he ever does.

It's a real concern, and one that I'm sure will divide us all this week.

throttlefinger · 28/03/2015 at 21:50

Great point, SF. And this is a great debate within the community. The only thing bad is that one side will be correct and the other will pay.

Derek · 27/03/2015 at 22:34

Have you had a look at the Suns draw?

throttlefinger · 27/03/2015 at 22:39

The draw makes the decision easier, Derek. It won't be as competitive so he won't have to do so much. And if he's not ready, they are strong enough side to win without him.

Tom · 27/03/2015 at 23:37

Having done a regression analysis over the past three seasons I can confidently say that there is no significant correlation between high performing players (averaging over 100 for the season) and the ladder position of the team they play. This is not the case for the general population of players of which there is a very strong correlation between increaseD scoring as the opposition becomes weaker.
        This is explained as good players often play out of position, get subbed out or are simply not needed to play well against weak opponents for their teams to win. See Selwood against St Kilda last year (yes he scored 100 but barely touched the ball), Ablett against Melbourne and St Kilda in 2013, and Jobe Watson against GWS also in 2013. In addition, in these games, where an elite players is getting tagged, there is no need for a coach to work hard to break the tag.
        Elite players are elite because they play well against all opposition and especially because they raise their games against the best opposition.
        The conclusion is, do not worry about the draw for guns, only for rookies

throttlefinger · 27/03/2015 at 23:46

Agree with that, Tom. Elite are elite because they are highly competitive beasts.

But that presupposes that the elite person is in perfect health. This is not the case with Gaz. So who he plays against, and, more importantly, how long he stays in is a consideration. Team might not risk having him in or keeping him in given the team they are up against. That's the point I was making.

Tom · 27/03/2015 at 23:53

And I agree with that, I was disagreeing with the common misapprehension that a "good" draw for the team is a "good" draw for elite supercoach scorers. I too will not be starting with Gary as his upside is virtually non-existent (ie exceeds or matches his starting price). The risk is all on the downside, he is likely to lose value, most probably because due to the state of the game or to protect his arm he will be subbed, play forward or simply not be as aggressive in his attack on the contested ball. Eade may also be keen to see what his up and coming midfielders can do without relying so heavily on Gary at a time of the year when they are more free to experiment.

throttlefinger · 27/03/2015 at 23:57

Exactly right, Tom.

And back to your original point, which is an excellent one. If they Elite players are in the game, they are going to produce. I actually think they play better (i.e. score more) when it's more competitive. Certainly harder but the effort and intensity will be higher. But taking the draw in consideration is, at best, a secondary consideration. Never know what the coach has in mind or if a team is riding a high or low. Week by week evaluations are needed…as some players do score more against other teams.

Seaford Scouse · 28/03/2015 at 00:17

I’ve got a different opinion fellas if he’s not ready I cant see Eade playing him, simple as. He might get his game time managed a bit first couple if the games are in the bag but they hardly had any of them last year by 3/4 time so not sold on that nugget. And they are certainly a world away from from being certain winners without him yet as was proved when the little master went down last year and with it their inaugural finals chance.

To my mind, given the fact he has simply been by far the best and most consistent SC player for years it needs to be proven that he can’t cut it first and not the other way round.

throttlefinger · 28/03/2015 at 00:58

Understand your point, Double S. But for me that only makes sense if he was healthy. He is not 100%. And has much to overcome, both mentally and physically…for the first time in his career. If this was his second major surgery and he came back first game knocking out 130, then I'd say you have a point. He hasn't.

I'm going to guess he won't be named R1. Regardless, won't be starting the highest paid player on a guess and hope.

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:37

So much contradiction HJ.

throttlefinger · 28/03/2015 at 00:12

What do you find a contradiction, my man?

@t_woof · 28/03/2015 at 00:45

"don't believe everything that you see and read."

"I'm not going to tell you exactly what I will do nor will I take anyone else's opinions as gospel or to copy them. "

"I will, however, give ONE opinion."

Then expects me to read, and take opinion into consideration.

throttlefinger · 28/03/2015 at 00:53

Hahahahahaha.

That's hardcore syntax, my man.

@t_woof · 28/03/2015 at 01:11

I had to google syntax.

It was the way i read it. Someone giving an opinion, yet advises they don't listen or take into consideration others opinions….along with advising others to not listen to others opinions…..then gives an opinion and would be expecting others to read it, other wise why would you be posting…..hahahahaha……i found it contradicting, yet at the same time quite funny. Couldn't help myself from replying.

Anyway….Right now I'm Always G.A

throttlefinger · 28/03/2015 at 01:16

Yeah, it was quite a setup and take on ol' Gaz.

Good luck, Twoof. Look forward to having Gaz myself when he gets his groove back.

Gold Rush · 28/03/2015 at 02:17

All I know is one thing. He is not in my team for Rd1 – as soon as he smashes it, he is in. I'm keeping backup bucks for the early rounds as insurance, then once my Rookies start appreciating my insurance $'s will commence trending down. At some point I will also want Rockliff, just want to see how his role changes with Beams now on board.

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 08:12

What a charged debate this is. The correct answer is weeks away. If your not starting with GAJ have multiple strategies on how to get him in. I havnt made up my mind. Certainly extremely valid reasons not to pick him. But this is Gary. And the man can do all. Oh God what a headache this is. Is it too early for a drink.

skindog · 28/03/2015 at 08:56

never too early Pieman, it might also bring great thought into the Ablett conundrum,,,,

Derek · 28/03/2015 at 09:52

A great discussion. My feeling Gaz will play and do ok, not fantastic, not bad. 110-120 drop a few dollars, arm looks ok and people who didn’t have him will get him in and everyone will be right!

quinn? · 27/03/2015 at 21:12

thoughts on brodie smith?

@TylerCArmstrong · 27/03/2015 at 21:43

overpriced. players cheaper then him should do better. wait.

Kev · 27/03/2015 at 21:57

Overpriced

Ethan · 28/03/2015 at 11:21

Jaensch is more consistant
    but smith can get you those massive scores but at a more expensive price

Doc2Drej · 27/03/2015 at 21:13

Best d3 with Shaw and Newnes as d1 and d2? Am going for a 3/1/2 split in the starting back six, with premium being above 400k. Am thinking Taylor, Lumumba or Higgins, though will probably start with Higgins’s

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:38

Hibberd if he doesn't receive a suspension on Tuesday.

DaBomb · 27/03/2015 at 21:14

2 of Deledio, Martin, Bartel, Goddard and Franklin as F1 & F2?

DaBomb · 27/03/2015 at 21:15

Swan as f3

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 21:26

mate go franklin….He is on the Higgins Team ….You will be rewarded for sure.

Borko · 28/03/2015 at 18:29

Hi all … Please feel free to join Seven’s Big League (630523). Let’s rip this league a new one! Cheers.

@lewiswgrant · 28/03/2015 at 18:40

Have joined my team 'WithAllDueRespect' – thanks Borko.

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 21:18

Great team MR HIGGINSBOTTOM I can only see one thing wrong with it. (envious)
Did the lawnmower run over the Daisy selection?

GAJ As we will all find out soon is 100% in my opinion and is just being protected at training from any form of injury before round one.
I would not like to see him get injured in the NAB either because his shoulder will have a big bullseye painted on it and any contact not necessary will be avoided at all costs until round one.

The tortoise was too slow and the Greyhound ate the hare?

Bugger looks like I had better order my magazine and have a read.

Cheers

fatboyfat7 · 27/03/2015 at 21:44

Was looking forward to this team more than all the others. Really not a fan of the Blakely selection though, vc loophole or not. Too much potential cash lost there for me.

Phil · 27/03/2015 at 21:56

I think I get it. He is not only looking at a VC loophole but also just a midfield loophole. But why wouldn't you choose Krakouer instead? 1.He is cheaper. 2.He has M/F 3.More likely to get a game later on.
    I'm thinking with the extra midfield slot and 1 less ruck spot he's going to use it there. Having said that he has Read too, so maybe I'm wrong.

fatboyfat7 · 27/03/2015 at 23:12

Higgo references the magazine, which basically makes out that Blakely could be used as a good Loophole for Fyfe. And as you pointed out he's got Read too… I just don't get it. Maybe he'll get a few games or perhaps and more likely, the genius is lost on me…

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:40

If wanting a VC Loophole, defender in S.Hurley (Fremantle) is a better option than Blakely.

fatboyfat7 · 28/03/2015 at 17:40

needs to be on the same line though

Nash · 27/03/2015 at 21:48

Martin or franklin?

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 21:56

Martin

Jack · 27/03/2015 at 22:05

Sloane or beams? With Goodes upgraded today, doe that make him a lock?

KJU FC · 27/03/2015 at 22:27

He is locked for me Jack. If he can go anywhere near his average of 91 from 2013 he could even be a keeper. (although unlikely)

pleasure&PAYNE · 27/03/2015 at 22:44

Beams but sloan pod

Tony · 27/03/2015 at 22:08

Very solid Higgo. I admire the Franklin selection. With so many fwd / mid premos this year Franklin will not make many teams, making him a massive POD for you. He is a balls out selection as you never know which Franklin will turn up but he has more upside than downside IMO.

pleasure&PAYNE · 27/03/2015 at 22:48

Franklin an upgrade imo. Will drop at some point. Especially early

sean · 27/03/2015 at 22:17

Can someone explain to me what is happening round 1 with trades and lockouts? I think i heard somewhere that we get unlimited trades until the lockout of the last game but not sure if true?? would appreciate help

Tom · 27/03/2015 at 23:40

Unlimited trades for all players until their game begins and then they are locked into your team like the last couple of years

BrockyFreo · 28/03/2015 at 01:35

It's a rolling lockout with unlimited trades.

That means after Thursday night (tigers/blues) you can still make unlimited trades, however you just can't change or choose tigers or blues players.

Then after each game is 'locked out' you will be able to make unlimited trades with only the teams yet to play.

Henry · 27/03/2015 at 22:20

Need 2 for my Mids out of these here…
Beams,Sloane,Dangerfield,Ablett,Parker,JPK
Honestly not sure who my 5 Mid premiums should be this year in my starting team, besides Fyfe,Pendles and Selwood who im 100% sure on..
Cheers

pleasure&PAYNE · 27/03/2015 at 22:46

Sloan is pod

Blueprime · 27/03/2015 at 23:31

4 & 6

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:42

All outstanding selections.

Select the two that best suit your bye strategy.

jmy7 · 28/03/2015 at 00:33

wheres rockliff???

Rock-MAN · 27/03/2015 at 22:47

Anderson or Kavangh?

Borko · 27/03/2015 at 23:09

Kavanagh for mine, esp is asada bans hit. It seems Anderson is heading for the vest

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:42

Jed.

MASO · 27/03/2015 at 22:58

Significantly majestic higgo im not as strong down back but very similar midfield

Paddy · 27/03/2015 at 23:01

Newnes, Higgins or Lumumba?

Borko · 27/03/2015 at 23:11

Newnes for sure

Borko · 27/03/2015 at 23:11

Heeney or Boekhorst? Worried about the vest

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:43

Definitely Heeney.

4rm · 27/03/2015 at 23:33

Nice team Higgo. What's stopping you from replacing Blakey with McKenzie, it still gives you a loophole ,and you get greater flexibility using the defensive mid link. (Saad and Newnes rather than just Higgins)This also means you can turn a non scoring rookie Byrne, into a cash cow like Lonie, lamb or Steele. You also save $5000 ish. Cheers.

@t_woof · 27/03/2015 at 23:45

Good looking team Higgo.

Starting Mid's, Ruck's & Forward's look really good.

Not a huge fan of Taylor and Higgins, but you have your reasoning and i respect that.

*Obviously rookies are temporary, and will change.

All the best for 2015.

huggy · 27/03/2015 at 23:50

who do we think community benell or swan ? for f3

Blueprime · 28/03/2015 at 00:08

Swan

Rawkus11 · 28/03/2015 at 10:12

Swan

The One Ring · 27/03/2015 at 23:55

I’m not sold on loading up in defense. Even the likes of Simpson are guaranteed to drop signficantly at some stage. Then you have Shaw who hasn’t played a full season since…. frikkin 2007! Spending big here is folly when at least 7-8 of the top 10 defenders will be available at a good discount due to all of them stinking it up at times. This is not speculation, it is statistically factual given who we have to pick from.

Higgo is also highly exposed to copping a weekly sub vest in his midfield.

Kev · 28/03/2015 at 10:55

I agree mate, but on the flip side there isn't exactly backline rookies belting down the door demanding a start. Interesting aside, excluding Eski, an average of 9 points separated 2nd and 20th last year down back

Richard · 28/03/2015 at 00:33

Time for another rookie cheat sheet.

Been hardly any cheat sheets this year. Disappointing,

ATeam12345 · 28/03/2015 at 00:38

Great team although I'm not sold on a heavy defence…
Would like some feedback on mine!
DEF: Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, Goodes, Brown, Saad (McKenzie, Oxley)
MID: Ablett, Rockliff, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams, Newton, Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen (Heeney, Freeman, Vandenberg)
RUCK: Mumford, Goldstein (Cox)
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (Daniel, Lambert)

Thinking Defence is the easiest to upgrade as they usually have bigger price drops.

Derek · 28/03/2015 at 09:56

Looks like everyone else’s team

Ethan · 28/03/2015 at 00:42

Defender under 338k who isn't b.goodes?

Blueprime · 28/03/2015 at 02:19

Jacobs-Nth 258K
    Tarrant-Nth 144K
    Geary-StK 332K
    Brown-Coll 146K
    Tippett-Nth 228K
    Edwards-Ess 123K
    Henderson-Adel 319K
    Pearce-Freo 278K
    Probably all will play R1. Edwards may not get a gig unless Ess players are banned.

Rawkus11 · 28/03/2015 at 10:11

Geary's the clear choice out of that lot

cow roll · 28/03/2015 at 02:40

i 'm not picking Goodes.
    Henderson is a good player but it depends on what coach wants him t do.

Blueprime · 28/03/2015 at 03:25

Whoops. Though he will play down back this year, Tarrant is only available in the forward line. My bad.

Ageneral3 · 28/03/2015 at 03:04

Midfield masterpiece.

Dingo · 28/03/2015 at 07:29

What do people think about Rich? – I have him as M6

Kev · 28/03/2015 at 10:50

Seen him in a lot of teams, Dingo. Reckon he is a pretty popular choice

Tyler · 28/03/2015 at 07:35

I would've thought Hugh Goddard would be a better pick to swing with higgins then Byrne. There was so much hype about him earlier, maybe he will live up to a bit of it? I had that swing for a while, but decided it wasn't worth it

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 08:37

Very good point Tyler. Goddard is more likely to get games

Donavan · 28/03/2015 at 13:28

Goddard is my swing-man if selected.

Howard · 28/03/2015 at 08:25

Hello community

I was just wondering about people’s plan with Gaz. He currently is NOT in my team, however I was wondering what the people without him would do if he played rd 1 and scored 140.

Do u bring him in straight away

Do u wait a couple more rkinds

Do u bring him in around the byes still

Do u go to the corner and cry that u didn’t start him?

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 08:41

Kick the crap out of your computer & start planning for next season.

@emhoy · 28/03/2015 at 08:55

I think the bigger risk is not to start with him, if he is named round 1 he is a lock. I am prepared to take a couple of below par scores from gazza , remember people its a marathon not a sprint.

Kev · 28/03/2015 at 10:49

Never would have thought whether or not to pick the best player in the game would cause such debate! Love it. You're right though emhoy, it's a marathon and not a sprint. Gaz is absolutely proven in my eyes and I too will accept a few lowish scores

Jambo · 28/03/2015 at 10:49

Make a decision and stick with it. He's too expensive to simply trade up to.
    The question on everyone's lips: "To Ablett or or to Ablett that is the question?"

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 08:52

Some controversial selections & non selections. I won’t make the mistake of not picking Pendles. So consistent. Higgins umm I’ll be surprised if he holds his price. The difference between buddy’s best & worst is 200 points. That’s just painful & I can’t pick him.

Marty · 28/03/2015 at 08:59

@Higgo. I like your structure there. I'm employing a very similar structure but with one more midfielder and one less defender. Including Harry Taylor I don't see a bad choice anywhere in your premium selections. Time will tell if they were spot on.

I do have concerns with cash generation loss with your rookie selections. You have Reid for the ideal VC loophole like most of us have. Having another one in Blakely might give you another option to implement the strategy in some weeks here and there but it's unecessary and has missed cash generation attached to it.

Add to the that Byrne up forward so Higgins can swing and you have more lost cash generation assuming of course that byrne doesn't play (I don't see him in the best 22). Byrne could be added down the track of course once he sits on the 2 game bubble.

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 09:19

Agree Marty. I want as much cash gen from rookies as possible. Apart from Read I don’t see any point in picking donuts. Eventually some of your rookie picks get dropped or injured anyway. That’s just how it goes. Max cash gen is the quickest way to full premo

Tim · 28/03/2015 at 09:00

Newton and NicNat or Cockatoo/CEY and Maric?

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 09:15

CEY & Mullet

Blueprime · 28/03/2015 at 11:31

Agree

Rawkus11 · 28/03/2015 at 09:54

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:11

CEY and Maric for me.

Fourbells · 28/03/2015 at 09:06

Question. Will Cripps outscore Salem? Same money.

Mike · 28/03/2015 at 10:25

Fourbells · 28/03/2015 at 09:11

Hello Community. Do people agree that Cripps will score more than Salem for the same money?

Tim · 28/03/2015 at 09:22

Yep

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 09:22

I’ve got both but would expect Cripps to make more coin. They are on different lines so it’s not a decision on one over the other on one line.

Mac · 28/03/2015 at 09:41

Thoughts on my current squad please. I have $130,900 left in the bank but not sure what to use it for.

Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Goodes, Edwards, Saad, Oxley, Hamling
Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Griffin, Newton, Cripps, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller, Steele
Mumford, Goldstein, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lonie, Lambert

Rookies may be changed come round 1. Not sure if any players needed to be traded for others, or what to use the money in the bank for.
Thoughts?

FootyFanatic · 28/03/2015 at 09:56

Vanedberg is still on the rookie list so you might want to give him the flick

Rawkus11 · 28/03/2015 at 09:53

Anyone considering Jeremy Cameron? I reckon he's in for a big start to the season!

Mike · 28/03/2015 at 10:29

Yeah consider strongly. GWS will have a very good year and he is the go to man. Should go up in price at least 120,000. I reluctantly just cut him, but wish I could keep.

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:00

I don't mind but too many other options in the fed line, too much of a risk for me.

Trab Pukcip · 28/03/2015 at 12:55

I'd coff up a bit more $$ and go for Devon Smith, will get his hands on the ball a lot more than Cameron and wont be purely relying on goals!

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 10:02

Adam says:

March 28, 2015 at 9:25 am

After some advice guys, Team at this stage

Shaw. Johnson. Newnes

$196400 left

Possible ideas. Bewick to Higgins

Pendles/Selwood to Fyfe

Rich to Cripps

Wells to Masten

Kev · 28/03/2015 at 10:42

I'd get rid of Brown, Adam. He was always a last resort. You could move Saad back there and get another mid rook, or use the 196k to upgrade to a mid pricer. Upgrade one of Wells or Rich. Rucks and forwards look good

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 10:59

A lot of Pods there Adam, I think brown needs to go to saad, and 196k is too much too keep you need to make an upgrade, Bewick I think is a pick ur making because of his nab form. Overall with a couple changes a really solid team you have here.

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 11:14

Thinkn of bewick to ibbo geary rampe or higgins

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:18

Although there are people who don't want to touch Higgins I'm not one of them, I like the move from Berwick to Higgins.

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 11:39

My only dilemma is i wanted to have around 80-100k left to upgrade someone to gaz ?
          Team is now lookn
          Shaw. Johnson. Newnes. Ibbo ?
          Saad. Mcintosh.
          Edwards. Hamling
          Pendles. Selwood. Beams. Griffen
          Masten. Rich ? Or wells ?
          Heeney. Yolmen
          Vand. Miller. Krak
          Goldy. Minson. Brooksby
          Gray. Martin. Dahl. Swan. Clark. Lambert.
          Lamb. Steele
          Cant decide on d4

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:47

I would 100% say rich over wells, I like how you have a plan to get gaz in and to be honest I say back yourself in and stick to ur plan. Even if this means someone like ibbo at d4.

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:48

Also really like mastern, good pickup on your behalf.

Derek · 28/03/2015 at 14:46

The problem with not having Gaz, is how to upgrade. You will need a lot of cash and even then it is going to be a sideways trade. You will have to trade out someone who might be going ok.

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 12:12

Yeah i had masten couple of years ago, and now priddis will have alot of attention along with shuey i say madten may go bananas,

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 13:10

Sorta tossing up on ibbo and geary

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 13:16

Prob wanna spend 330-370 on d4

Dan · 28/03/2015 at 10:32

What rookie ruck to choose?

Kev · 28/03/2015 at 10:37

I don't think any will line up round one. Possibility O'Brien, Cox, Brooksby, or Nankervis may get game time if injuries go their way.

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 10:53

Have too agree with Kev, unlikely to see any get early action, read seems to be best option for loophole. If Jacobs gets injured O'Brian might get a chance, same with Cox, if Grundy or witts go down he is next in line.

Nick · 28/03/2015 at 10:34

Pendles or Rocky?

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 10:50

Pendles due to his consistently and long term supercoach history, a bit more proven. also still some unknown factors about rocky and the lions, you can't really go wrong though.

@cafosk · 28/03/2015 at 10:34

Why is noone looking at Hibberd? Have I missed something? Would have thought he'd be in a lot of teams

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 10:45

Injury concerns and then off course the Asada issue

Tyler · 28/03/2015 at 10:36

Judd, Neale or Steven? Not certain on any of them, but I have enough $ to fit one of them into my midfield. The other option is go rich or wells and pocket the extra cash.

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 10:47

To be honest not a fan of any off them, but if I had to choose 1 it would be Neale. No chance to be tagged and a good chance to breakout this year.

shezza · 29/03/2015 at 07:24

Steven the best option out of the three by a mile. Look at his TOG in Nab series. He slowly has more game time and accumulates possessions. He is a young version of Dane Swan IMO

Jambo · 28/03/2015 at 10:43

Higgo, great team and I will tell you the pros and cons of my assessment of your team.
Pros: You picked Gary Ablett. The great man is not in my team but I think he is still capable of going large despite his shoulder injury. I like the Higgins selection. Josh Kennedy will again make a strong start to the season, so, good selection. Bartel is another valid selection. I really like the team structure and link-ups.

Cons: I don't like the Simpson selection. I think he plays better on the run home so, I think you should downgrade to one of a couple of better cheaper options. I don't like the Dangerfield selection. I think he is more likely to play deep forward during some games this year as Adelaide prepare for life without Dangerfield. Although, I like the Franklin selection, I think he will go large against Essendon then drop in value and you should pick him mid-season.

K-Sizzle · 28/03/2015 at 10:58

If the dangerman plays deep forward with spells in the mid he’ll still do well surely? They won’t tag a guy you dump in your forward with a first mid tagger, paddy is a good pick simply because he is underpriced and Adelaide have a good start to the season with the draw

RobDog · 28/03/2015 at 11:40

With Crouch and Scott Thompson injured, I think Danger will be predominantly mid at least until Crouch is back.

Jambo · 28/03/2015 at 13:59

I would've thought Douglas is another option but we shall wait and see.

ATeam12345 · 28/03/2015 at 10:54

Or this one…
DEF: Shaw,Newnes,Lumumba, Ibbotsen, Goodes, Saad (Oxley,Maynard)
MID: Pendlebury, Fyfe, Beams, Parker, Rich, Newton, Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen (Heeney, Vandenberg, Freeman)
RUCK: Goldstein, Maric (Cox)
FWD: Gray, Franklin, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark (Lambert, Krakouer)

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:09

Def: Only problem I have is the Ibbotson pick, I just don't see him scoring at more than 75. His only had 1 good year before but he could prove me wrong.
    Mid: I really like the parker pick not many going with him and I can see top 8 mid finish this year. No problems with this line.
    Ruck: Good to see you have gone two set and forget Rucks no need to make any trades this year.
    Fwd: Franklin is not a smart pick though if Essendon get suspended he could kick 15 goals in round 1, but looking at season long I think he could be an upgrade target.
    Overall like the structure of the team.

ATeam12345 · 28/03/2015 at 11:12

Could drop Franklin to Hogan and upgrade Rich to Ablett…

ATeam12345 · 28/03/2015 at 11:13

And thanks heaps for your detailed reply!

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:16

If Ablett plays Rd 1 I like that move.

ATeam12345 · 28/03/2015 at 11:24

And could do Geary instead of Ibbotsen

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:30

To be honest I do rather Geary over ibbo.

ATeam12345 · 28/03/2015 at 11:31

Solid advice, thanks

I N Pieman · 28/03/2015 at 12:45

I prefer Geary over Ibbo as well. I’m seriously thinking of picking him

Dingo · 28/03/2015 at 11:32

How about this team
DEF: Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Brown, Oxley, Hamling (McIntosh, Saad)
MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Lewis, Rich, Newton, Cripps (Ellis-Yolmen, Freeman, Lambert)
RUCK: Goldstein, Maric (Read)
FWDS: Gray, Bartel, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (Daniel, Lamb)

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 11:43

Def: Is very risky and potentially very weak, I do relies that this allows strong mids and strong rucks. This means it is very hard to judge backline.
    Mid: No faults from me here you have 5 season long locks, rich is an obvious risk but his output should be around 90-95 which is good enough from a player at his price.
    Rucks: Simple here, no problems this is the way to go set and forget.
    Fwds: Very similar to most people fwd line therefore no much risk here. I have my doubts on Hogan's scoring capacity but his job security is very good.
    Overall I am not going with your structure in my team but I do like the strength of your midst and rucks.

Trab Pukcip · 28/03/2015 at 12:54

ASADA aside, is there any reason everyone has hopped off hibberd?? Behind Shaw looks the safest defensive option!

Donavan · 28/03/2015 at 13:12

I had Hibberd in my team until this week. I think he will be a top 3-4 defender this year.

I think the only question is –
    Without a practice match will it take a few weeks for Hibberd and his fellow Bombers to get up to speed. If the answer is yes, then perhaps he is the ideal upgrade target.

jason · 28/03/2015 at 12:57

hey guys just wondering if i can get some advice on my team
DEF: shaw, gibson taylor, newnes, lumumba, brown(,saad,mcintosh)
MID pendles fyfe, beams, ward, griffen,newton,cockatoo,ellis-yolmen( heeney freeman lambert)
RUCK goldy maric (read)
FWD dusty swan bont salem clark hogan( lonie daniel)

have 20,000 left n if oxley or a rook def start rd 1 should i change taylor n put a fwd in any advice criticism is welcome thanks guys

Donavan · 28/03/2015 at 13:03

If Oxley or Hugh Goddard get a 1st round game, I would trade Taylor to a Rookie, then upgrade a mid (Cockatoo or Freeman).

jason · 28/03/2015 at 13:20

cheers mate advice much appreciated

tom · 28/03/2015 at 13:10

thoughts on Maric??

Donavan · 28/03/2015 at 13:19

Gun, not necessary a lock, but, he is one of a handful of rucks that needs to be considered at R2, behind Goldstein.

sean · 28/03/2015 at 13:15

pick TWO out of…
Selwood, JPK, Parker

I think Parker is in for a big year but so hard to go past Selwood or JPK

Donavan · 28/03/2015 at 13:22

Selwood & Parker for mine.

Kennedy is awesome, but I feel Hannebury, Jack, Parker and others will in total get more ball than last year, leaving less for Kennedy.

@emhoy · 28/03/2015 at 13:29

I have both parker and JPK. JPK is a contested beast which is why I have him ahead of selwood and other mids around that price.

tom · 28/03/2015 at 13:21

is Griffen a must start?

@emhoy · 28/03/2015 at 13:28

If you think GWS can win around 10 games then he could be a good option. I don't like to pick mids from bottom teams.

josh · 29/03/2015 at 07:48

So you have never picked a little bald fella from the Gold Coast called Gary?

Phil · 28/03/2015 at 13:56

I dunno Tom, I've just taken him out to add a mid pricer in for Gaz insurance. I reckon GWS are a sneaky chance to make the 8 this year and if not, they won't be too far off it.

josh · 29/03/2015 at 07:51

IMO…….. HELL YES!!!!!! In love with the game again, new environment and no pressure of captaincy. I say watch his scores rival GAJ at times this season.

Rock-MAN · 28/03/2015 at 13:46

Give me a reason community,
to keep Rockliff and Barlow

67yuiop · 28/03/2015 at 13:47

If Ablett only averages 110 in the first 3 rounds does anyone know how much he willl drop?

Derek · 28/03/2015 at 14:36

Remember it is calculated on a 3 week rolling average. Depends if he has a crap first week, crap week or same each week. Prices won't fall until after week3

67yuiop · 28/03/2015 at 14:53

thats why I said "in the first 3 rounds"

RooBoy · 28/03/2015 at 17:23

67,
        What he meant was it depends on the order… 100, 110, 120 will give a different price than 120, 110, 100 due to the first week's score only being in his 3 week rolling average for 1 week.

Rock-MAN · 28/03/2015 at 13:49

Gray, Swan, Martin, Deledio, Bontempelli.

Pick 4.
And why

Mac · 28/03/2015 at 13:52

Gray, Swan, Martin, Deledio

All proven premiums

Rock-MAN · 28/03/2015 at 13:57

Thats what I thought.
      But alot of people are talking him up (Bont) and he is going to have a breakout season. I don't want to miss out, but I think he might sometimes get tagged out???

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 13:59

Easy answer all but the bont, he will be a star but not this year, You can't go past the proven premos

Rock-MAN · 28/03/2015 at 14:04

People are starting to doubt Swan aswell. I'm not letting go of him: DPP keeps him in my team.

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 14:04

Trying to lock in a d4 prob wanna spend 330-370 thaughts guys plz ???

Adam · 28/03/2015 at 16:18

Leanin to ibbo ?? Any takers

cow roll · 28/03/2015 at 20:08

yes. in my team.

Simon · 28/03/2015 at 14:08

Thoughts on my team please
Back: j.gibson, h.lumumba, s.higgins, b.goodes, n.brown, k.mcintosh (a.oxley, a.saad)
Mid: g.ablett, n.fyfe, j.lewis, l.parker, p.dangerfield, r.griffen, p.cripps, j.anderson (I.heeney, c.ellis-Yolman, t.miller)
Ruck: t.goldstein, n.naitanui (k.brooksby)
Fwd: r.gray, l.franklin, d.martin, c.salem, m.clarke, k.lambert (j.hogan, t.lamb)

Phil · 28/03/2015 at 14:15

Anyone else finding it hard to find good bench rookies? I Reckon they're either too good/expensive for the bench (Cripps, Newton, CEY) or not good quite good enough (Heeney, Broekhurst, Miller, Anderson) Vanderberg is probably 1 but hes still rookie listed. Ideally I'd like a guy to average 60-75 for these 3 spots

Ryan K · 28/03/2015 at 14:34

Thoughts on my current team please community?
DEF: Shaw, Gibbo, Newnes, Lumumba, Goodes, Saad, (Goddard, Hamling)
MID: Pendles, Selwood, Beams, Sloane, Griffen, Newton, Cripps, CEY, (Miller, Vandenberg, Heeney)
RUCK: Mummy, Goldy, (Read)
FWD: Bartel, Martin, Swaon, Salem, Clarke, Lambert, (Hogan, Steele)

Rookies are subject to change.

Fevolenko · 28/03/2015 at 15:03

On paper looks pretty good!

Fevolenko · 28/03/2015 at 15:02

Not sure this team (or any of the Other guys teams being posted) are 100% legit.
CByrne is not on list
T Read is not
Blakely is not
Krakouer is not playing…
How many loopholes do you need??
AND no ruck swing with one less ruckman in our teams this year???
Just doesn’t ring true…

JoeWoolcock · 28/03/2015 at 15:36

Fevolenko, they've all said that rookies are pending, it's their price that's more significant. And if you're going with two premo rucks like most this year, ruck swing is just a waste of a spot.

josh · 29/03/2015 at 07:19

In past years you had two ruck bench options which were generally a rookie and a mid priced playing ruck if you were not using the DPP loophole. With there only being 1 bench option this year you will have to be either the luckiest supercoacher in history to pick the perfect bench option or use the DPP option to SAVE a spot and trade if needed. My Rucks are set for the year. Jacobs/Mummy with DPP rookie on bench and Ryder in FWD line.

Fevolenko · 28/03/2015 at 15:07

Can someone explain K McIntosh in the backline? I’ve watched every single NAB cup game, been on all SC and Fantasy websites and been on live chat with Most NAB games, but I’ve never heard of him save for the fact he’s in 30-50% of teams I see..

dognino · 28/03/2015 at 15:51

Scored 71 and 77 in nab 2 and 3 , don't know what his TOG was.

Barwick's Soldiers · 28/03/2015 at 16:12

In nab 1 didn’t play

In nab 2 71 points, 84% tog

In nab 3 77 points, 88% tog

Sumuk · 28/03/2015 at 15:08

Guys, join my supercoach league, this league is a public league for anyone who is expereniced and taking supercoach seriously
Code = 269377
Thanks Everyone

Dondeal · 28/03/2015 at 16:02

Love some thoughts on my team so far, apart from rookies I am pretty well set. Have my back-up plans sorted for GAJ should he fire up but not convinced he will early on.

DEF J Gibson, M Johnson, Yarran, S Higgins, Thumper, A Saad (Oxley, Edwards)
MID Rockliff, Teen Wolf, J Selwood, Parker, Griffin, Cripps, Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen (T, Miller, J Steele, K Lambert)
RUCK Goldstein, Maric, (M, COX)
FORWARDS Gray, Zorko, Bontempelli, Salem, Clarke, Hogan (C, Daniel, T, Lamb)

RobDog · 28/03/2015 at 16:08

Hi all, is there a Jock's Community SC Group to join?

Sumuk · 28/03/2015 at 16:20

Hi guys, join my league this is the second public league
If you have joined the first on don't join this one
Thanks everyone
Code = 867362

Milesy · 28/03/2015 at 18:06

Def: Shaw, M Johnson, H Taylor, newnes, hamling, saad (oxley, Macintosh)
Mid: pendles, fyfe, Lewis, griff, Neale, wallis, cripps, Newton. (Heeny, yolmen, miller)
Ruck: mummy, goldy
For: gray, Martin, swan, Salem, Clark, hogan. (Lambert, lamb)

Thoughts?

Donavan · 28/03/2015 at 18:06

I have 2 teams ready to go, pending if Ablett is named or not-

Team 1 – with Ablett
Simpson,H.Shaw,Newnes, Higgins,Oxley, Saad (McIntosh,Hamling)
Ablett,Rockliff,Pendlebury,Priddis,Lewis,Griffin,Wells,Cripps (Ellis-Yolmen,Miller,Krakouer)
Goldstein,Maric (Read)
Swan, T.Adams,Salem,Clark,Hogan,Saad (Lamb,Lambert)

Team 2 – no Ablett
Simpson,H.Shaw,Newnes,Higgins,Dalgleish,Saad (McIntosh,Hamling)
Rockliff,Pendlebury,Priddis,Lewis,Griffin,Wells,Newton,Cripps (Ellis-Yolmen,Miller,Krakouer)
Goldstein,Maric (Read)
Franklin,Swan,T.Adams,Salem,Clark,Saad (Lamb,Lambert)

Alternate rookie selections in waiting, subject to team selections – Kolodjashnij (Geel- Def), H.Goddard (St.K – Fwd/Def)

Please make comments on both sides.

My team without Ablett would likely take 2 trades to get him in after 4-5 rounds. Franklin downgrade, Newton upgrade to Ablett.

Celco · 28/03/2015 at 18:33

Any news on Tom Bellchambers?

Surely a decent option up forward…. Or in the ruck if needed…

ATeam12345 · 29/03/2015 at 00:23

Which Sydney rookie ruckman would get a start? Naismith or Nankervis?

@cafosk · 29/03/2015 at 11:34

Wouldnt think either, unless Pyke (or maybe even Tippett) goes down. (Reid and Tippett both chip in with ruck duties)
    Naismith played against Maric in the last round of last season and got crushed, so should be a flip of a coin.

Conor · 30/03/2015 at 08:38

anyone got any thoughts on having both Parker and JPK?