Barron Von Crow - inner sanctumIt’s reveal time! What you see before you is the work of several weeks of hard work down in the Supercoach Lab, studying and analysing games.

As well as numerous readings of the Jock Reynolds magazine, plus madness inducing hours of constant tinkering. So, Jock Reynolds Community, I present to you…

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

¡Peligro Abejas! 2015

barron team

My structure: Locked and Loaded Midfield (and Rucks)

It’s probably more of a hybrid between a variety of structures, with bit of a mid-priced backline, locked and loaded midfield and a Guns n Rookies forward line all thrown together, but since my mids and rucks are bloody awesome, I’ll call it a Locked and Loaded Midfield.

My strategy:

The hope with this strategy is I will now require minimal upgrades in my midfield, which are always the most expensive. Hopefully this will allow me to upgrade my cheaper lines, the DEF and FWD lines, at a quicker pace b buying top flight players here which may only cost 450-500K, rather than upgrading MID players that potentially cost 600K+. The idea being I will now be able to get to a “Full Premo” side at a quicker pace, than if I had more $ stashed on Premo players in my other lines. It also has the added bonus of scoring more points, with the midfielders always being the area where you get the bulk of your points from. The downside of course is potentially less cash generation in my midfield due to fewer rookies here.

As always, rookie picks are subject to Round 1 selection and this setup leaves me with $28,900 in the bank.

Selections of community debate:

Gary Ablett (MID $734,600)

To Ablett or not to Ablett was my biggest hurdle while making my team, and I originally planned to go without him, but I just can’t bring myself to do it. I may regret it in Round 1 when he gets subbed out on 80 Supercoach Points, but I doubt I’ll be regretting it once we get a few weeks into the season and he’s pumping out massive scores. Of course there is a chance I’ll still change this a million times before the start of Round 1.

Luke Dahlhaus (FWD $492,700)

He was solid last year, averaging 92 and had a pretty good pre-season, averaging 104 over the NAB Challenge. I reckon he can bump his average up to at least 98 this year and have about the same sort of appeal as a Dustin Martin type, who averaged 99 last season.

Patrick Dangerfield (MID $567,600)

This was originally Brad Crouch, but his injury meant I swapped him out for my 2nd favourite Crow. He played a lot forward during the pre-season, which I’m sure he’ll continue to do in the season, but I fully expect him to continue to get a decent load in the midfield too. He’s shown he’s dangerous enough to be able to put up points no matter where he plays. Fingers crossed he’s back to his 2012 type scores.

Kade Kolodjashnij (DEF $367,600)

Averaged 68 last year and bumped it up to 82 during the pre-season, and he had it from 3 solid scores of 84, 82 and 79, rather than some other mid-priced options, who wildly fluctuated, scoring 100 one game, followed by a score of 60 the next. I’m aiming for consistency here and that’s exactly the sort of solid and consistent scoring I hope Thumper can bring during the real stuff.

Ollie Wines (MID $539,200)

He’s only going to get better, averaged 100 last year; I’ll be looking for him to boost it up to at least 108. Having guys like Gray, Boak, Hartlett and Ebert around him mean he should be able to avoid the tag as well, which is a big bonus.

What’s nagging at me:

Defensive structure

I don’t think I’ll be the only one sweating this line; I’ve got Heath Shaw who is trouble waiting to happen and Jack Newnes as my only decent defenders. Starting 2 on-field rookies is making me nervous here, so I’ll be doing plenty of praying to the Supercoach Gods that they play every game and score at a decent clip.

F4 to F8 Players

I’ve had to settle for rookie priced options up forward here and there is a decent chance that these guys will under-perform or be hit with sub vests. If that happens, I could look at getting minimal points and cash generation from this line, which I’ll need since I have 1 less rookie in the midfield than I usually do.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR 2015 JOCK REYNOLDS FANTASY FOOTY MAGAZINE

Over to you community – what are your thoughts on ¡Peligro Abejas!?

Rock-MAN · 26/03/2015 at 19:09

Adam Saad be okay to start on the field? Or Dagliesh?

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:40

Saad will most likely start, not sure on Dagliesh, it all depends on what happens with the Bombers and ASADA. Good signs from him though in the NAB.

Ninja · 27/03/2015 at 07:14

Agree, if things go south for the bombers, BAM! You’ll be seeing Dagliesh’s selection % sky-rocket

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:39

I'll likely be going for Saad, although Dagliesh did show some good stuff in the NAB. Still a question if he'll play though as TCA said.

Chuck · 26/03/2015 at 19:09

Love the team mate!
I'm backing danger in aswell. Hoping that he'll bring back those 2012 scores.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:40

I reckon he can, Chuck. Looks like he won't be crashing into giant packs as much, which should do wonders for him health wise and will hopefully improve his consistency.

Clayton · 28/03/2015 at 17:04

Not worried about contract hanging over his head? Only thing holding me back

Patch · 26/03/2015 at 19:10

Very interesting Barron! A bit different to what I've been seeing, but this year will be nothing but diverse. Love the Dahlhaus pick, and I'm with you on Wines. Beast in the making.

I'm not a fan of Henderson. There are those either up (Langdon, Ibbotson) or down (Jaksch, Goodes) who I feel will get the job done better than him, but that's a personal thing. You've done your research.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:41

Yep, Wines is gonna be a SC star sooner rather than later.

I've thought about moving Hendo down a notch, Patch, which would give me the $ to upgrade Nic Nat to Maric, so that is still a possible move i'll make between now and the start of the season.

deanos · 26/03/2015 at 19:10

Quite like your team. I, too have gone with Dangerfield in the mids as I feel he is completely underpriced, but I also have Griffin.

I am taking a punt on Bontempelli over Dahlaus as the high half forward/midfielder which absolutely breaks out this season. There is no way he will suffer from the 2nd year blues.

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:37

You reckon Bonts will make 100?

deanos · 27/03/2015 at 01:20

I reckon he'll average around 95 and he's priced @ 420,000. He's my F4 at the moment.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:41

That's a heck of a call deanos, but there is a very good chance that Bonts and Dahlhaus that will be very close by the time the season ends.

deanos · 27/03/2015 at 01:19

Bevo has already said he's going to "let him loose" this season, and the bloke is a beast. Dahlhaus is Zorko v2.0 in my opinion.

Danners16 · 26/03/2015 at 19:10

Looks good Baz! I brought in Dangerfield for Crouch as well and I reckon he could get back up and going again. Going to be hard to find a captain for the round 12 bye though with 4 premiums out. Otherwise a pretty good solid team

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:43

I will hopefully be OK. Still got Danger, Gray and Nic Nat who should hopefully cover that round. I think Danger scored 150 odd last time he played Hawthorn (Adelaide's Rd 12 opponent).

Hopefully I will have upgraded a player or two by then also!

BCHawks · 26/03/2015 at 19:10

Great team Barron completely different to mine but I love it! Do you still think Naitanui is a solid pick?

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:49

In the same boat mate. Until he played average in the NAB, I Just had him locked in like everyone else without thinking about it. Really not sure now.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:43

I'm still 50/50 on Nic Nat, BC. I've been trying to find the cash to move him up to Maric, but it's been difficult as I like my other picks too much!

Dean · 26/03/2015 at 22:08

Barron what about going in with Goldy & Minson rather then Nic Nat?

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 00:37

Not huge on Minson, so I'm really looking at trying to find the extra 30K to bring Maric in. It'll likely be something as simple as moving a Henderson type down to Goodes should be be upgraded before the season starts.

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:30

Great team BVC very different but I like Different and excellent call on Goodes looks like you got Maric now eh?

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 20:57

Looks like it may be the case, Dools!

FootyFanatic · 26/03/2015 at 19:17

I like your structure and reckon it's my favourite one yet out of the team reveals.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:43

Cheers, FootyFanatic!

Jonathan · 27/03/2015 at 17:18

Definetly agreed FotoyFanatic. Good job Barron, good luck this year

KJU FC · 26/03/2015 at 19:19

Love the team BVC! Do you see Henderson as a keeper or cash generation to a premo? I've been flirting with him in and out of my side all summer

Swans2012 · 26/03/2015 at 20:06

Im the same, I thibk I’m leaning towards savage though for an extra 50 k. Don’t think you can go wrong really though at his price. Would love to hear Barron’s opinion on him

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:44

I'm hoping he'll average at least 85, which likely wouldn't make him a keeper, but shouldn't be too difficult to move him up to a premo by the end of the season.

r2d2 · 26/03/2015 at 19:20

My fav reveal so far mate ,, but maybe 1 premo short in def , 1 too many in mid ,,, but solid team !! Good luck !

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:44

Thanks r2d2!

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:34

Nice team Barron! What's your reasoning for selecting Nic Nat?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:47

Most expensive ruckman I could afford and I wasn't that thrilled with picking guys like Bellchambers, Leuy or Smith.

I wanted Maric, but was just short unfortunately.

Bontemgasmic · 26/03/2015 at 19:36

Nice team BVC

I have gone a bit stronger down back and up forward rather than in the Mids but not too dissimilar to mine.

I guess you have gone off Clancee due to tagging duties and moved to Hendo, Are you not concerned with his limited pre-season?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:47

I was concerned a bit with Hendo, but I saw enough from him in the Port game to jump back on him again. Won't have to worry about any tagging issues with him hopefully!

LEKD0G · 26/03/2015 at 19:36

Dalhaus re-signed for 3 years today, can only be a good thing

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:44

Lek, even more torn on Nic Nat now. Originally had him out. Now i'm reconsidering him. Help!

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:07

I hope so, Lek! Danger already has enough contract distractions for one supercoach team!

Dee · 26/03/2015 at 19:40

SOLID…. Thumper and Gray are absolute LOCKS.

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:46

Not sure if Thumper is a lock. I would only consider him a lock if I thought he would average 90.

Derek · 26/03/2015 at 20:12

Suns have a great start to season, might see him go ok

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 20:16

Yeah, I can see him averaging around 80.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:48

That's about where I have him slotted at, TCA.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:48

Gray wasn't in my side until I saw him play against the Crows. Guy was absolutely unstoppable!

Dee · 26/03/2015 at 19:42

What's your plans Round 12 when Ablett, Pendles, Fyfe and Parker have a bye?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:49

Dangerfield VC, Gray C most likely. That's not including any trades I manage to make between then.

I don't usually worry about bye rounds when making my side, just pick the guys I want and work my way around it when the time comes, but that's just me.

Ben · 26/03/2015 at 19:43

G'day community is Cripps a must in your midfield is he worth it?

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:52

Absolute lock Ben. A must have.

Derek · 26/03/2015 at 20:13

He is the Tyson and Polec of 2014

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:07

Certainly looks it off of pre-season form.

Phil · 26/03/2015 at 21:15

Nothing more important than opportunity for these young players Ben, the first thing I look at is who has left, or who is injured at his club. In other words, who's spot can he take. The Blues have lost McLean, Robinson & Lucas from that midfield which makes him a lock. The fact that he is a first round draft pick is the icing on the cake. Throw away the key!

Chicko · 26/03/2015 at 19:47

Love it BVC, Dalhaus a significant POD!

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:50

Thanks, Chicko. I didn't actually bring him in until the last minute, I originally had Mitchell there, but wasn't blown away with his NAB games.

keenbutclueless · 26/03/2015 at 19:51

taking Ablett out of course can take away your biggest fears. Putting a rook in mid means you can take Hogan to a Martin/Zorko type and take a rook in Def to Premo (maybe Hendo might need to go down to a Jaksch/Goodes type.)
Round 12 is a big problem also – top 4 mids all out.
I think NicNat is a risk also – hard to get a Plan B here – really only Minson if you hang onto the cash.

Sana · 26/03/2015 at 20:13

Taking Ablett out doesn’t eliminate fears, it should make one fearful of SC death at the hands of the SC god himself.

keenbutclueless · 26/03/2015 at 20:48

haha! Replacing one set of fears with another

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:51

I originally had a team without Ablett with Titch in for Hogan, but decided I wanted Ablett no matter what.

And agreed with Nic Nat being a risk, he's not locked in yet if I can find some extra $ to move him up to Maric.

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:13

Like the team Baron. I'm in the camp that Griffen will take the tag heat at GWS and we will see that only benefit Callan Ward. have a think about Pendles to him as the pies go backwards this year – as Ward would get you from nic nat to Maric.

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 00:38

Certainly is a move to consider Northerner, it could be exactly what I need to do to go up to Maric.

Marco_Polo94 · 27/03/2015 at 11:26

I thought about removing pendles for that reason, however he still scored 120 points against bulldogs and pies got absolutely destroyed that game. So i don't see his scores being lower than usual.

Phil · 26/03/2015 at 21:19

When you have 10 midfielders in your team it's hardly possible to not have 4 missing in the one week. And if it is, is worth sacrifing Ablett, Fyfe, Pendlebury or Kenndedy/Parker for?

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 19:53

Dont advertise on the page please.

Jizcon · 26/03/2015 at 19:56

Solid team bvc love the def structure headin in with the same rookies back there will b hard to pick better to pick blokes who will improve n generate abit of cash then roll in with donuts early when by the bye rounds it’ll be easier to pick the standout defenders

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:08

Cheers, Jizcon! They look to be the best rookie defenders out of the bunch so far.

GJ · 26/03/2015 at 19:59

Great team BVC, would love to get Ollie into my team but don't know if I can. It would mean culling Griff, which im not prepared to do just yet.
Anyway, I have 593k, one midfield spot to fill and no Gazza. What should I do???
1) Pick a keeper like Lewis, (premium output, 0k in the bank, no trade to Ablett)
2) Pick a fallen star like Swallow/Judd (near premium output, 90/110k in the bank, some cash generation, trade to Ablett mid-season)
3) Pick a mid pricer like Rich/Hallahan (80pt ish output, 245/280k in the bank, good cash generation, trade to Ablett early-mid season)
4) Pick a rookie like Freeman (F), with Cripps/Newton (CN) to be used in the trade (65pt ish output (F), 470k in the bank, great cash generation (CN), trade to Ablett quite early in the season (CN))

Any advice would be appreciated, and would be really helpful

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 20:26

Option 3 with Judd, But you would want to trade him pretty quickly for gaz. Also I would invest that 110k in another area of the field. And downgrade someone in the same week as when you upgrade juddy to gaz so you can afford it.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:55

Depends what you do with the spare cash GJ. I'm not one who likes to leave a huge amount of dollars sitting on the bench, so if you can pick a Rich type guy, then use the $ to really boost up a midpricer, that could work. Hopefully whoever you pick in the MIDS will only be a Cripps downgrade away from moving up to Ablett.

Gregorovich · 26/03/2015 at 20:01

Like the Wines selection! Who would be a better pick, him or neale??? I'll be going for Neale because I he's 60k cheaper, but I reckon both will average about 100

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 20:20

I think Wines will average approximately 107 and Neale 100. So Wines for me.

Gregorovich · 26/03/2015 at 20:28

BIG price difference though… Allows me to partner Jacobs with Goldstein instead of Minson

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 20:32

Not sure. Maybe downgrade someone else in your team for Wines. A lot of value in def and fwd to downgrade to. Also Mumford should do better than Jacobs this season.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:56

They could end up being very close by the end of the year, and if that extra 60K helps you elsewhere than go for it I say!

Ben · 26/03/2015 at 20:12

G'day community is it worth trading Cripps for Wells and boost up some of my other lines

@TylerCArmstrong · 26/03/2015 at 20:18

Get Cripps

Marco_Polo94 · 26/03/2015 at 20:19

Keep cripps.

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:15

absolutely. first rookie selected after Clark

Marco_Polo94 · 26/03/2015 at 20:20

Interesting team barron, i like it. I love these team reveals showing no matter how much of an elite super coacher you are everyone has different opinions and structures. Nic Nat is an interesting one. He is in and out of my team atm.. proven premium but jee his nab performance worried me. I'm also starting to think twice on my decision to switch Swan for Mitchell, everyone appears to have swan….

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:56

Thanks, Marco. Yea, I'm not doing cartwheels about having Nic Nat in my side at the moment, but we'll give him some time to see how he's going near Round 1 before I'll re-evaluate that pick.

splinter · 26/03/2015 at 20:25

love the dalhuas selection, will dominate this year

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:57

I'm hoping so, splinter!

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:19

I am developing a really bad habit of picking guys a year early. Had Parker in 2013 as an example, Had Dalhaus last year, so for your sake hope the profile continues! This year I have gone Neale and Bont. Probably a sucker for the emerging talent.

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 00:39

It's a calculated move no doubt and going for the emerging talent can really pay off for you if they end up putting up a big year. Can certainly understand the appeal of going for them!

Throttlefinger · 26/03/2015 at 20:38

Well done Barron!

Absolutely love the call on Thumper. Going back and forth on him but the potential is evident.

Will be interesting how much this side changes if you don’t go Gaz.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:58

Cheers, Throtts. Yep, liked the look of Thumper in the pre-season, I was worried he would be a bit quiet with Malckeski back there, but he still got plenty of it.

My non-Gaz plan basically involved moving him down to Selwood and moving Nic Nat up to a more expensive ruck like Maric.

Ben · 26/03/2015 at 20:42

Rate this team highly, would probably go with griff over wines myself though.
and could really thicken the defense but ditching Pendles maybe? huge call but.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:59

Thanks, Ben. Could improve my defence, but I've decided I'll give the defenders some time to reveal the premo picks, rather than going for one straight away. Hopefully it works out!

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:22

Wines is an extractor who won't cop the tag. We know Griff can deal with the tag, but it keeps his average down. I have both, but Wines for me as well.

tom · 26/03/2015 at 20:45

Bartel or Swan?
can upgrade Touk Miller to Newton with Swan

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 20:59

I'd probably stick with Bartel for now, unless Miller isn't named Round 1.

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:23

Bartel with midfield time will be tremendous

PreviouslyOnLost · 26/03/2015 at 20:49

Love it Baron. We have very similar structures, just a few different players.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:01

That must mean we're both on the right track then POL!

Motsy · 26/03/2015 at 20:50

Gday Barron.

Just wondering why you’ve gone for kolo over say a Higgins?

Cheers

Love the team

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:03

Higgins is like me ex-missus. I know he looks good, and it could work out, but I've been burned too many times to ever trust him again!

Tyler · 26/03/2015 at 20:54

I luv u BVC , like the team , best out of all of you team revealers so far , lots risks in there tho , could work too!? . Thoughts on Mitch Duncan and will McCinnes from wce start ? Cheers

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:05

Thanks, Tyler. Duncan will be a bit of a POD, but at his current price he needs to take it to the next level and go from a 100 point average to a 108+ type guy. Geelong will probably need him to do that too, but I dunno yet if he's capable of doing it.

McInnes was OK against Port, but I like Lamb a bit better myself.

Tyler · 26/03/2015 at 21:57

Cheers, yea I think I'll probably have to select lamb and taking dangerfield over Duncan bit safer

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:26

Fraser McInnes v unlikely. Also, Callum Sinclair when fit is ahead of him

Peter Rabbit · 26/03/2015 at 20:58

Who 's Thumper ?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:06

Sorry mate, that's Kade Kolodjashnij

Damon · 26/03/2015 at 20:59

Love It Barron!
Similar team to mine in terms of players but i go with an extra mid pricer in teh fwd and def
juat thinking i will got more points from AFL proven players than i will with the new boys
thoughts?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:11

Thanks, Damon.

It absolutely could go that way, Damon, which is why I tried to balance my team a bit, so I've still got the proven guns in Ablett, Fyfe and Pendles in my MIDs since I have the younger Wines, Parker and Cripps picks in there. I've taken a risk on going with a few guys who still hopefully have some upwards movements in there scores, rather than buying guys who are sitting at their peak. But either strategy has it's positives in it.

keenbutclueless · 26/03/2015 at 21:05

Question for you BVC – I notice that you have Reade as R3. I understand the rationale – Geelong's draw early make him a nice VC loophole. The other part of that rationale is the DPP status. What I don't understand is – if its only the VC loophole, why not use Lucey instead? By going in with 2 premos in the ruck – do you intend to get a DPP swing later (Ryder maybe)? At what point will you consider getting that player in?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:12

Don't have anything set in stone with that Ruck/FWD switch, Keen, but it's just there in case something happens, but you're right, could go with Lucey too.

K-Sizzle · 26/03/2015 at 21:10

1 position in defence left with $473,000

I have Shaw, Johnson and Yarran + rookie scum

My mind is telling me no but my mouse finger says Lumumba and $56,000 in the bank.

Newnes and Higgins scare me because saints suck and Higgins will be amongst the deepest of kangas teams, which will bounce his scores up and down until he injures himself and makes us throw away a trade……

Community I need your help, I don't need this money elsewhere and I really think a decently expensive 4 deep defence will set my team apart in round 1.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:15

Not touching Higgins myself, but I reckon Lumumba could be the way to go. If you've got that much $ left you have to spend it somewhere and if that last spot is the last one nagging at you then go for it.

Gordo · 26/03/2015 at 21:40

newnes mate ample midfield time

Tyler · 26/03/2015 at 21:59

Does not matter at all that st kinda suck , if anything it'll mean good to newnes he will dominate this year for the saints and get plenty of midfield time , pick him!

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:30

He appears to the Sainters' second best midfielder. You don't get that very often in a defensive selection.

Tony · 26/03/2015 at 22:17

I'd be going Newnes. Think the hype has been warranted and think he will see enough midfield time to score well. The 'Gift" has been impressive during NAB but when it's all said and done that doesn't change the fact that I couldn't bring myself to barrack for the flog. Couldn't have him wearing my stripe!

craig · 27/03/2015 at 01:35

not having newnes has become a significant POD and one which I am happy to take

Sarah · 27/03/2015 at 08:20

Think back to last year… if Newnes turns out to be the backline D Swallow of 2015, would you be happy NOT having him as a POD??? Cos that's what he's looking like.

Andy · 26/03/2015 at 21:14

I know you gotta take a punt somewhere but that backline is trouble waiting to happen. Would keep one of Danger/Wines, downgrade the other and use the cash to get a 'premium' in the backs. Just to shore it up a little. Guessing it'll change again after March 31st anyway.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:17

Potentially is Andy, and I'm not thrilled about the 2 rookies, but I'm going in with the though on I'd rather spend my $ in an area I know where it'll be put to good use, rather than spending $ on a line I am taking a massive gamble on. We'll see how it goes!

r2d2 · 26/03/2015 at 21:17

What put you off titch mate ? Scored near on 70 from 45 pc game time last nab game ,, you think he high vest candidate ? I personally think Heeney will get vest , they were just seeing if he was best 22 in nab (Heeney that is )

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:21

Yea, I reckon Heeney and Towers will be the vest candidates over Titch, but he might be just a tad too far behind other guys in the middle to put up a big average. Still in the calculations though, because I may have to downgrade someone if I bail on Nic Nat, so a Swan to Titch move could be the one I make.

Dave · 26/03/2015 at 21:21

Who would you drop to get Dangerfield in, Cripps, Anderson, Heeney, Vanderberg, Ellis-Yolmen or Steele?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:22

Reckon Anderson, Heeney and Steele have big chacnes to get the vest, Anderson especially with how the Hawks used their vests last year.

Dave · 26/03/2015 at 21:23

Exactly what i was thinking, cheers mate.

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:38

Injury to Hoskin-Elliot could give Steele reasonable 6 week+ js. Think if he plays, he will score more than some other forward rooks. Hoping rd 1 he's named. 2 years ago Clarkson said pre-season,"Not many would know the name of Jed Anderson, but give it a few weeks and that will change" or something along those lines. I think he's better than most are thinking and will be the Langford this year.

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 00:41

Didn't even think about the Hoskin-Elliot actually, good call, mate.

jockreynolds · 26/03/2015 at 21:22

Wonderful arrangement of Supercoach horseflesh Bazzlington. Really like this mate. Love the Wines, Henderson and Dahlhaus selections especially. Definitely has more than a touch of shark about it – wonderful mate

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:33

Thanks, Jock! Look forward to our teams going head to head sometime through the season!

Ben · 26/03/2015 at 21:24

Interested in your thoughts on Tom Mitchell can he produce this year?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:34

He's certainly got the talent too, Ben. Just a matter of how much time he gets and if they still stick the green vest on him at times.

Phil · 26/03/2015 at 21:29

3 great sides so far lads I've got absolutely no idea who's is the best, wait and see I guess. A couple of things I've noticed similar between the 3;
1.Not really any Essendon players. Would I be right in assuming you guys don't wanna be making any last minute changes particularly structurally after March 31?
2.Heath Shaw in all 3 teams. Good history? Patful inclusion to improving side?

I feel your team is the riskiest out of the 3, although most would probably say Lekdog for starting 3 defence rookies but I reckon that might work. By riskiest I by no means mean the worst.

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:35

I originally had Bellchambers at R2, but yea, staying away from any Bombers for now.

Heath Shaw is just that he's capable of being a very good scorer, so in a weak defence line that'll be a bonus. Of course it adds to the risk because he's a risky guy to have in your side at times.

derek · 27/03/2015 at 10:30

Shaw is fully priced. As GWS get better, the SC points will get shared more. Shaw won't be getting any mid-field time and I'm always worried about when he gets a tag, he will score 32SC.

Simpson plays as an extra mid-fielder, never is taged and hardly ever misses a game.

Josh · 26/03/2015 at 21:29

Hi guys,

Need to get rid of one of;

Lambert/Miller/Heeney/Anderson from the MIDS
and one of Karnezis/Lonie/Krakour from the FWDS

Which 2 shall I cull?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:35

I'd go Anderson in the MIDS and Karnezis or Krak in the Forwards.

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:43

Respect that call. I'd go both K's out – I have a view Anderson is the pace to complement Hill in a midfield that has not been overly quick – a dimension that will add to a premiership defence

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 00:42

I was a fan of Anderson in the NAB, just terrified of him being hit with the vest is my only problem with him.

Northerner · 27/03/2015 at 01:12

Pitty he is last game of Rd 1 so we can't get the week 1 test of the starting vest.

derek · 27/03/2015 at 10:27

I think the Hawks have got a green vest with just Anderson's name on it, I hear he has been told to take it home after each game and wash it.

Dram · 27/03/2015 at 09:29

What about both Karnezis and Krakour out and move Lambert to the FWDS

Ethan · 26/03/2015 at 21:31

Heard a lot about jaksch in recent time, just wondering if he would be a good mid-price pick or not to generate some cash and eventually trade him out for a more premium type defender, along with the likes of Goodes?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:36

Depends on how he plays Ethan. If he's made to be an accountable defender for a big forward than I don't think he'd be worth the big $. Reckon LekDog would be the best guy to ask about how he's looking to line up in Round 1.

Dave · 26/03/2015 at 21:32

Gibson J, Johnson M, Taylor H, Sheppard B, Goodes B, Brown N, Saad A, Dalgeish L

Pendlebury S, Fyfe N, Beams D, Dangerfield P, Wines O, Neale L, Cripps P, Heeney I,
Vandenberg A, Ellis-Yolmen C, Steele J

Naitanui N, Wood C, O'Brien R

Gray R, Swan D, Bontempelli M, Towers D, Clark M, Karnezis P, Salem C, Lambert K

$81,300 left. Thoughts ?

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:37

Reckon you could use the spare cash to upgrade someone like Nic Nat/Wood or Sheppard.

Dave · 26/03/2015 at 21:41

I was thinking Sheppard to Newnes but not really sure 🙂

Northerner · 26/03/2015 at 23:58

Sheppard was not best 22 last year. As a WCE supporter, I hope he steps up, but far from confident. Can't see him being a keeper. If Goodes upgraded my view is he is a better launch pad. Whilst I don't have Goodes in my team I am looking at him as my Ablett strategy. If he delivers with -ve BE in first 2 and is on the bubble I will use one of my underperforming D's to then upgrade Neale to Ablett shortly thereafter. I am very fortunate I also live in Brisbane and get to see GA run around every second week. I have things etched in my memory you do not get from watching on a screen. Very privileged. I remember the first game after his shoulder and pre game there was something different in the air – realised I lacked the anticipation of watching what marvellous thing he would get up to that evening.

And yes, despite this, I can't bring myself to start him with the injury doubt.

Ben · 26/03/2015 at 21:38

Will James Kelly finish in the top 5 defenders this year?

Northerner · 27/03/2015 at 00:04

I have been asking myself the same question. Scott has talked about beefing up his midfield, but my view is Bartel will be the one who benefits most with a Geelong FWD line that suddenly looks scary.

An interesting POD choice in Geelong is Motlop who appears to have worked on his tank and I think will also benefit, but we are talking big risk here.

Slatsy · 26/03/2015 at 21:38

I’ve got Vandenberg in the mids at the moment but I’m seeing Lamb everywhere. Who’s more likely to get games?
Could swing lambert into the mids to get Lamb if he’she’s a better pick

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:45

Vandenberg wasn't upgraded off the rookie list, so I'd say go for Lamb.

Tom · 26/03/2015 at 21:41

I have to say I don't understand the obsession with Heath Shaw. In my opinion Kade Simpson (for example) is a far more reliable option. In the last three years, although Shaw has averaged more than Simpson (96.9 to 94.8), Simpson has outscored Shaw by 643 points as he has played an extra 8 games (63 to 55). As the name of the game is total points not average scores this makes a big difference.
Shaw has missed 30 games over the past 7 seasons, an average of more than 4 per year. Simpson by comparison has missed just 3 over the past 9 years (all as a result of a Sharrod Wellingham induced broken jaw that he took just 3 weeks to return from).
I know who I'll be picking this year

BarronVonCrow · 26/03/2015 at 21:46

Yep, Simpson is still a great pick, doesn't miss time and is very consistent, but I had to pinch a few pennies here and there, so I ended up with Shaw.

Tom · 26/03/2015 at 22:17

And funnily enough the next 5 posts all have Shaw in their team and not one has Simpson…

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 00:43

Haha, he certainly seems to be popular this year. To be honest, I could go back to grabbing Simpson which would definitely provide some stability for that line since I have a few riskier mid-pricers and rookies down there.

derek · 27/03/2015 at 10:24

Simpson was in my first draft team, and has not moved. locked.

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 18:03

This old bloke has exactly the same opinion.

dave · 26/03/2015 at 21:55

Smith, Shaw, Newnes, Goodes, Oxley, saad

GAJ, Rockliff, pendles, fyfe, selwood, griffen, anderson, ellis yolman

Jacobs, Goldstein

Gray, swan, salem, clark, karzenis, Hogan

Thoughts?

dave · 26/03/2015 at 21:58

sorry martin instead of swan

Gordo · 26/03/2015 at 22:00

not a fan of karzenis. in my opinion i would downgrade rocky or ablett to upgrade him

Gordo · 26/03/2015 at 21:56

hey would love your thoughts made a few changes after reading this would love your thoughts
DEF shaw newness rampe savage goodes brown (goddard saad)
MID pendelbury fyfe selwood griffen wallis newton cripps vandenberg (heeney cey lambert)
RUCKS maric nat (cox)
FWD goddard martin swan bonty salem clark (hogan daniel)
217600 hoping that plus wallis will get me to ablett after a couple price changes
would love some feedback

Ben · 26/03/2015 at 22:16

Gordo are you confident in Wallis I'm considering him

Gordo · 26/03/2015 at 22:26

the only thing worrying me is the tagging role but i reckon they will let him roam free, i had enough to swap him straight to ablett but have used that to upgraded luenberger to maric and bellchambers to bonty and downgraded ibbo to goodes

Northerner · 27/03/2015 at 00:09

Maric, Bont, Goodes v your outs – tremendous trade IMO

Booma · 27/03/2015 at 09:46

With Beveridge taking over at the kennel, dogs will try to implement a hawks mentality in DEF. Hawks don’t run to many taggers..

Jacob · 26/03/2015 at 22:03

Def: Shaw, Taylor, Newnes, Higgins, Brown, Saad (McIntosh, Hamling)

Mid: Ablett, Fyfe, Beams, Parker, Griffen, Wells, Cripps, CEY (Heeney, Vandenberg, Miller)

Ruc: Goldstein, Maric (Cox)

Fwd: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clarke, Lambert (Hogan, Lamb)

Thoughts?

Gordo · 26/03/2015 at 22:04

solid team

Josh · 26/03/2015 at 22:04

Hi guys so this s what I've come up with (version 1,000,000)

DEFENDERS

27. Salem, C
28. Clark, M
29. Lonie, J
30. Krakouer, N

Any comments appreciated – Josh

randomcliche · 26/03/2015 at 22:30

Goodes not yet upgraded. I don't thinnk Krak did either. Move Newnes to defence and bring in Newton. Maybe Lamb forward. You don't have enough Mid/Def swings to really warrant putting one in the Mid IMO.

randomcliche · 26/03/2015 at 22:31

Subject to Essendon shenanigans. Very good def options there.

Yout · 26/03/2015 at 22:46

Krakouer wasn't elevated, look at hogan or lamb to replace If you have the cash

Kev · 26/03/2015 at 22:46

Take Newnes out of your mids and put him at D2/3. Personally not a fan of TBC but that's your call

Northerner · 27/03/2015 at 00:21

Lot's to like about this team. Solid mids. Agree don't waste mid position on Newnes – can you upgrade him up to Neale or Judd? Like the defence. Understand TBC, but consider downgrade to rookie if not named and then Swan to Bartel and Newnes to above?

jmy7 · 26/03/2015 at 22:10

So sorry about clogging up the chat with my team but please comment, needing some reasuring!!!
DEF: shaw, gibson, johnson, newnes, mcintosh, hamling (goddard, saad)
MID: Fyfe, selwood, jpk, priddas, wines, rich, cripps, heeney (v'berg, ellis-yolmen, miller)
RUC: goldy, maric (o'brien)
FWD: Martin, zorko, swan, salem, clark, lamb (steele, lambert) $59'800 dosh left
this time of year gets you bloody nervous!??

Ethan · 26/03/2015 at 22:30

Looks good, unsure on m.johnson's point generation down back, although has proven to score before he is getting older and may be utilised as more of a lock down defender type, could look at Lumumba as a downgrade option.

also I'm not sold on d.rich at the price he is he would need to have a very good start to the year to generate a good amount of cash(avg around 85-90) to rise his price to about 450k just think he will be managed coming back from injury and now having the stacked Brisbane midfield that they do have, may only get a few minutes a quarter in there could look to downgrade to the likes of Newton and use the cash somewhere else. Other than that team looks very solid

randomcliche · 26/03/2015 at 22:38

Big hugs. Oh, v'berg out (not upgraded yet I don't think). Not sure on Goddard not named for nab 3. Maybe N.Brown. The risks and uncertainty around the rookies comes with the reward and cash generation of your GnR strategy. Hugs and reassurance until the naming days.

@emhoy · 26/03/2015 at 22:10

Wondering why I am seeing so many teams without Ben Newton, am I missing something. He looked great in nab cup?

Kev · 26/03/2015 at 22:48

For many Cripps is getting the nod for the 200k midfielder spot. Nothing wrong with Newton though

LEKD0G · 27/03/2015 at 00:28

Newton's points per minute were quite high averaging over 100 for 80% game time

Lewis · 26/03/2015 at 22:19

Thoughts on L.Jong?

Gordo · 26/03/2015 at 22:27

i reckon he will tag (well hoping so he frees up wallis

craig · 27/03/2015 at 01:30

can't see him tagging i rate him a solid pick. go with your guts lewis

Ben · 26/03/2015 at 22:24

Community Mitch Wallis or Daniel Wells? I'm running on the end of my salary and hope Wallis can have a great year!

Gordo · 26/03/2015 at 22:28

I'm going with wallis at this stage

Jacob · 26/03/2015 at 22:32

I'm thinking Wells is the safer and more reliable pick. He's a proven 95+ averaging Mid so he'd guarantee a bit of coin creation.

Swans2012 · 27/03/2015 at 09:41

I see it as wells being the safer pick (good team will continue his 90-95 average) but wallis with griff and liba out has more potential x factor upside. Who knows, if he’s off the tagging leash which I think he is, he could end up being a 105 average mid with the extra points available and his penchant for contested ball.

Swans2012 · 27/03/2015 at 09:41

That said in going with the wells safe bet 😉

Connor · 26/03/2015 at 22:31

Love your team here BVC, favourite reveal so far…

I was wondering, is this too much spent for the ruck combo?

Mumford ($613k), Goldstein ($574k)

Should I downgrade Mumford to say.. Maric? Free up cash elsewhere..

Thoughts appreciated

Ethan · 26/03/2015 at 22:41

I'd say you can't go wrong in downgrading Mummy to maric, I have the maric Goldstein combo currently along with Bellchambers up forward as a swingman for the bye rounds.

dannyyboyy · 26/03/2015 at 22:50

i think its fine wanting to take the best in the ruck as long as you are happy with the strength of your side through each line. im taking jacobs and goldy, simply because i think they will be the best output, and they should hopefully both play the 22 games. im not to fussed about a swingman either because as long as you pick two rucks with different bye rounds the maximum amount of players you are gonna miss for that particular round is one, so i can just pick up the slack with the other lines. also if one goes down with an injury you can afford any other dominant ruckman for a straight swap.

two premiums, then set and forget is my advice

randomcliche · 26/03/2015 at 22:39

I'm not sure either @emhoy. My delema is Newton vs Wallis. In a midprice madness setup. Thoughts?

Kev · 26/03/2015 at 22:54

I like the Dahlhaus pick but feel is too high at F2. For the sake of team balance I feel you could drop one of Parker/Danger/Wines for a rook and bring in Deledio/Dusty/Bartel for Hogan/Daniel without sacrificing a large amount of points. The benefits are twofold. An extra mid rookie to generate cash and it also addresses your F4-8 concerns

Rocksta · 26/03/2015 at 23:25

Can somebody please explain this Rookie elevation process to me?

I’ve got Brett Goodes in my backline, and I reckon he’s a bloody Good pick at that price ( pardon the pun).

The thing is, he hasn’t been elevated off the a Rookie lust yet. Wasn’t Tuesday just gone the deadline?

Rocksta · 26/03/2015 at 23:27

Rookie List that is!

What do I do?

Motsy · 26/03/2015 at 23:55

Libba is on the long term injury list, which changes things.

BKW · 27/03/2015 at 08:34

Yep that’s right – I’m sure the dogs can upgrade Goodes due to Libbers Long Term Injury

Let’s see how it plays out before round 1

derek · 27/03/2015 at 10:19

im not an expert, but the "rookie" listed players can come off the rookie list and onto the regular list at anytime during the season as long as there is room. Room is usually made by a long term injury to a player on the regular list. I think long term is classified as 6 weeks? not 100% sure on that one.

underdone · 27/03/2015 at 00:05

looking at all the team reveals so far all seem to have stronger midfields than mine which is causing me some concern. All teams have pendles and i do not (no ablet either, most expensive player – Fyfe) I'm not prepared to drop any of the mids i have locked in already. the only option i would consider to join you fine gentlemen in obtaining pendlebury is to drop lumumba in def and downgrade to a rookie (which I'm happy to do) and upgrade swan (who is in my midfield and planed to move down to fwd when traded out fwd rookie) to pendles. My question to the community is do we see swan as been a definite top 6 fwd? if he might slip outside the top 6 then it might be worth the move.

I see bartell, gray, martin and bontempelli as all averaging higher but can't think of anyone else. Based on that i can't see a fwd line at the end of the season without swan and therefore locking him in now is far better then upgrading later?

underdone · 27/03/2015 at 00:11

add delidio and boomber to that list and i have my 6 but is it worth the loss in cash generation

Leighroy · 27/03/2015 at 07:15

If you think swan will be a top 6 lock him in now as he will only go up. Evan if he say finishes as 8th best forward we are only talking 1 to 2 point average diff every game and that loss will be covered by pendlebury selection over lamumba selection. All depends on what you think swan will average and compare the point difference from having rookie defender, pendlebury, swan vs lamumba, rookie forward and swan

Northerner · 27/03/2015 at 00:27

Your still sold on White? Point scoring capacity? Keen to hear your thoughts and wisdom – thanks

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:24

Womby why are you so hard to track down bro? and why has your comment been taken down…..

Lewis · 27/03/2015 at 00:34

Opinion on Tom McDonald of melbourne looks to have posted good 95+ scores for preseason with a good tackle, possession and mark count, do you think he will be to much of a key defender to consider as a lock down back?

Jack · 27/03/2015 at 00:50

Who should I have at m 4 Parker or Lewis

Northerner · 27/03/2015 at 01:34

Big fan of Parker. Can't go wrong though

RobDog · 27/03/2015 at 01:13

Great team Baron. Also have Hendo in my side, but am looking at Rory Laird. Crouch out, Jaensch to come back, and Laird has been moving through the midfield with a good NAB, but dropped off a bit with the Port game. What do you think?

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 21:01

Not huge on Laird for Supercoach RobDog. He belongs down back, which it looked like he played more of in the pre-season, but I reckon he'd top off as a 70 point scorer at most.

RobDog · 27/03/2015 at 21:42

Cheers Barron

Andy · 27/03/2015 at 06:29

Nice team! I really like Parker and Wines. I had Parker last year and he never disappointed.

On another note, I’ve made another SC league. Hoping to have a really competitive league. Code is 650775

tommykmoore · 27/03/2015 at 15:32

Hi Andy,
    I've just joined your league mate, hope you dont mind. Also looking for some strong competition!
    Cheers!

Ninja · 27/03/2015 at 07:04

My team has A LOT of the Same players and virtually the exact same midfield.
Won’t be much in it if the Ninjas play ¡Peligro Abejas! early in the league rounds!

JoeWoolcock · 27/03/2015 at 07:56

Hey all, just on tagging: of these pairs who do you reckon will get the tag more often? Boak/Gray, Macrae/Bontempelli

Kev · 27/03/2015 at 09:31

Boak/Gray

John · 27/03/2015 at 09:37

Boak/Macrae but depends on how damaging the others can become

Phil · 27/03/2015 at 11:54

I reckon Boak will get tagged every week because is very damaging when left alone but can be shut down. I don't think Gray will get tagged because he has an extra string to his bow of being able to play forward. Teams might try to tag him but I suspect Hinkley will isolate him and his tagger deep forward and then they'll go back to Boak.

I reckon Some teams will tag Macrae and some Bonts, more likely Macrae though.

So Boak, Macrae, Bontempelli, Gray in order of most tagged

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 18:22

I have the same opinion as Phil on this one.

Rick Grimes · 27/03/2015 at 08:12

I am thinking about rolling the dice on Leuy as R2. I figure that he should score around 90. Previously I had Minson in there who I factor might hit around 105 – so a difference of 15. The cash saving I would put into an additional midfield premo in place of a rookie like Newton. Not sure what people expect out of him, but let's say 80 odd, vs a player like Priddis/Sloane who will go 115 – difference of 35.

Is there any merit in this?

Swans2012 · 27/03/2015 at 09:43

I’m running the same sort of theory

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:21

G'day Grimesy,

Rucks are injured you trade out. This year more then any other so go cheap or expensive in the Rucks it does not matter Bomb up on Midfield Premos mate . I do not have Luey I went with Goldmember and Big Ivan but that's just how I see it

Ross · 27/03/2015 at 09:08

Thoughts on my team? I've gone with Gaz at the moment. But if it doesn't feel right rd1, he will be traded down to Parker, and I will try to shuffle my team to get a M7 so I can quickly upgrade to get Gaz.

This is my team with Gaz

Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Goodes, Saad, Edwards, Oxley, Hamling
Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Griffin, Newton, Cripps, Heeney, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller
Mumford, Goldstein, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Lambert, Lonie, Steele

$139,600 left in the bank. (Not sure what to do with it)

Without Gaz

Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Goodes, Saad, Edwards, Oxley, Hamling
Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Parker, Griffin, Judd, Newton, Cripps, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller
Mumford, Goldstein, Read
Martin, Zorko/Dalhaus, Swan, Salem, Clark, Lambert, Lonie, Steele

Thoughts on both teams please

Sana · 27/03/2015 at 10:03

I like both those teams – I'd probably keep Gray if possible in your second team. Plus Heeney will make cash – I'd consider Ablett to Rocky or Beams?

Ross · 27/03/2015 at 10:35

In which team are you talking about Sana? I already have Beams in both teams?

Sana · 27/03/2015 at 17:27

Sorry mate, I'd go with Rocky, I'm liking the cut of Sloane's jib too, seems to be a bit of a premo POD along with JPK

Sana · 27/03/2015 at 09:58

I've been pondering Henderson all pre-season. Is he definitely in the Crows 22? My questionable defender atm is Lumumba, considering dropping him for Ricky Hendo and re-distributing the cash. Henderson is surely more of a risk, but significantly more? What are people's thoughts?

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:17

Hi Sana, Pick anyone but the "Gift" ANYONE he can't kick , tackle or mark, He is the contender for the BURNMAN BOUGHTON Award 2015.

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 21:00

I'd assume at this point Henderson would be in, not only because he can fill a role down back, but because he can play multiple positions, on the wing and up forward as a 3rd tall. Walsh has talked about wanting his players to be versatile and be able to move to multiple positions on the ground, so that would likely give him a leg up on being best 22.

Beady Eye · 28/03/2015 at 14:46

So assuming he's in the Crows team, is he worth a spot at our D3/D4 position with Smith talked about as potentially getting more midfield time?

Fluff · 27/03/2015 at 10:11

Martin or bartel you decide! I'm going to turn into Harvey two face over this.

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:13

Bartel full stop and for emphasis here is some more full stops……………………………………………………………..

Fluff · 28/03/2015 at 10:30

Lmao……….

derek · 27/03/2015 at 10:13

Mid-price madness in Defence

I can't find any premiums in Defence this year, not many rookies either, what to do…Mid-price madness!

This is my team:

DEF: Simpson, Newnes, Langdon, Kolodjashnij, McDonald, Ibbotson (Hamling, Saad)

MIDS: Ablett, Pendlebury, JPK, Wines, Griffin, Cripps, (Heeney, Vandenburg, Ellis-Yolmen, Boekhorst, Krakouer)

RUC: Goldstein, Nic Nat (Lucey)

FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan (Lamb, Lambert)

I had to put Griffin in my team instead of Priddis, even though I've been saying he won't be top 10.

What do people think about my mid-price defence, with Ibbotson (may still become Goodes or C pearce) at D6 ?

derek · 27/03/2015 at 10:37

if I go Goddes or C Pearce instead of Ibbotson, I can upgrade Boekhorst to Newton

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 18:47

derek, Just between you and me: I have gone the same way in defense, (Mid priced madness)
      Have a look at Daniel Merritt (BRL) $284,900 He is capable of 80+ and is playing solely in defense where he belongs this year because they have lost Hanley and Patfull. Played well in nab and is a lock for me at his price. The last couple of years he has been up and down the ground but will play mainly or all defense this year. I do not like Ibbotson at his price.
      NOT keen on Goodes or Pearce but that is just my opinion. Has Goodes been elevated?
      Boekhorst to Newton sounds good to me.
      So does Griffen to Priddis or Sloane.
      Cheers bloke.

dognino · 28/03/2015 at 10:37

Too much spent in defence I think mate, there should be at least 1 rookie that can play on field letting you downgrade one of your mid pricers, then use that cash to turn one of wines or Griffey into an ultra in selwood or fyfe. And enough left over to turn boekhurst into Newton.
    Langdons nab numbers didn't really inspire me, was only 70's I think? If that's tom mcdonald , I'm liking the looks of him. 70average from 60 career games, finished last year avg 80 from his last 5, and up around 100 for his 3 nab games, looks like a potential breakout. Only thing I don't like is he plays for Melb .

go pies · 27/03/2015 at 10:20

6 spots left only if ur serious! 955522.

derek · 27/03/2015 at 10:34

im serious! in.

The ORF · 27/03/2015 at 12:41

Seriously, I'm in

Swans2012 · 27/03/2015 at 12:45

In

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:12

I cant join I'm never "that serious!!"

marcus · 27/03/2015 at 10:21

Am tossing up between a couple of options, would appreciate your comments community!!
Option 1 – Selwood, Newton, Maric, Bartel, Martin
Option 2 – Beams, Neale, Nic Nat, Swan, Bont
What would you guys recommend?
Cheers

zeesus · 27/03/2015 at 10:29

Rawkus11 · 27/03/2015 at 16:07

The ORF · 27/03/2015 at 10:33

Hey Barron,
Mummy, Gibson, R Murphy & VanDenBerg (or similar rookie) vs Nic Nat, Kolo, Henderson & Wines
What do you think?

Derek · 27/03/2015 at 14:03

I wouldn’t have any of your first lot but would pick all of your second choices.

The ORF · 27/03/2015 at 16:08

Interesting. That's basically the only differences between my team (1st Choices) and Barrons (2 choices).

Jambo · 27/03/2015 at 10:35

Le Barron, I quite like the midfield. I think you could downgrade Ricky Henderson as I saw enough in the NAB to suggest he'll be irrelevant in SuperCoach terms this year. That is my only criticism of your team. Good luck this year.

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 11:38

Agree with you Jambo. He's a 60-70 type player for mine & for that you might as well turn him into a rookie.

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 20:59

Thinking about that Jambo, he's not locked into my side by any stretch of the imagination at this point.

Spiro · 27/03/2015 at 10:36

Why is everyone going with Tom Read as the ruck man on the bench, will he get a game?

The ORF · 27/03/2015 at 10:42

Wont play but he's cheap, has fwd eligibility (prob irrelevant) and often has a late game so the captains loophole comes into play more often.

derek · 27/03/2015 at 11:09

People will use him as the Captain Loophole. Best to use someone who has more later games than early (Friday). I have gone Lucey (Geel – $102k) not DDP but really cheap. Read has DDP just in case that can be used later in year.

dannyyboyy · 27/03/2015 at 16:57

tell me if im mad, but i really wanna go with someone like jack hannath (191k) or naismith (150k). reason is that i think they are more likely to rise because they are more likely to get a game. its good cover for rucks, meaning i dont have to worry about swing sets (not that i ever do at the start of a season). im not to stressed with saving a spot for caps loophole either because after the first few rounds you rarely get the whole 30 players playin on the same week anyway.

so am i mad or is someone like jack hannath worth it?

CJay · 27/03/2015 at 11:20

Hi Barron,

I have the exact same ruck set up but just realised both Goldie and Nic Nat have the round 13 bye.
Do you have a plan for this or are you just going to cop a doughnut?
Thanks for sharing your team B.T.W.

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 11:43

During the bye rounds CJay it's the best scores from 18 players. As long as you have 18 playing on the ground your fine. Doesn't matter if none of your rucks are in that week. Don't make a ruck decision based on that.

CJay · 27/03/2015 at 12:09

Are of course… good point Pieman

Rick · 27/03/2015 at 11:54

Good afternoon fellas, Id like a couple opinions of my team
DEF: Shaw, Newnes, Lumumba, Higgins, goodes or ibbotson, saad/ Goddard, Mcintosh
Mid: Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Griffen, S. Mitchel, Newton, Cripps, Anderson/ Vananberg, Yoleman, Lambert
Ruck: Mumford, ryder or nic nat/ read
Forward: Deledio, Goddard, Swan, Bellchambers, Salem, Clark/ Caleb, Lamb

As you can see, I can either have the combo of ibbotson and nicnat or Ryder and Goodes. I would love some opinions of my team, but IMO. I think this team will ahieve great success.

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 12:23

Hello Rick. Just a bit of advice. If you look at the 3 team reveals so far you will note none of the boys (and they are pros at this game) have Lumumba or Higgins. And with good reason. In the last 7 years Lumumba has averaged 74.11. He's priced to average more than that. Sure he had some good NAB games with no opponent. Expecting good scores from him season proper is wishful thinking. He averaged over 80 once. Higgins looks awesome every preseason. Then he sucks. Sam Mitchell is a great player, but when the game is in the bag he sits on the pine for the rest of the game. Don't expect that to change. He's also a big injury risk. Nic Nat over Ryder every day of the week. And TBC with no NAB action is a big risk. ASADA might take care of him anyway. At that price point I'd pick Jack Martin over him. Good luck for your season.

Derek · 27/03/2015 at 14:13

Top shelf advice.

I think I had the gift in my team for a few weeks last year, made me watch him very closely…. The guy can’t kick straight, misses a lot of targets and hangs around packs like a seagul, not good For SC.

Higgo can see something in Higgins but he would need to be $60k cheaper.
      A Mitchell is a gun, but he will be managed this year. He plays his best footy at end of year and in finals.

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 14:25

The gift gets the ball runs a bit then kicks it as far as he can to no one in particular. He's a terrible user of the pill. Higgins would need to be 250 to be considered.

NateCrows · 27/03/2015 at 15:23

Hey Pie,
      good advice. But, everyone is doing the same with Newnes though aren't they. Remember the stats i think lekdog did for people in new teams? They generally up their averages.
      Stats say they probably shouldn't be picked but it's a massive risk not picking him too i reckon. Higgins anyway.
      Never picked Higgins i really want to…

Rawkus11 · 27/03/2015 at 16:01

I would even consider J. Cameron over TBC. Same price and has the potential to make some quick coin early

Rick Grimes · 27/03/2015 at 12:33

Ward, Priddis or Sloane?

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:03

Sloane

The ORF · 27/03/2015 at 12:42

Leagues – Need to fill that Last Spot?

Last Spot – 749920

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 20:31

The ORF, Cheers bloke I have taken it if okay_

Mac · 27/03/2015 at 13:11

Pick one for D4

Goodes, Langdon, KK, McDonald, Ibbo or anyone around that price range.

Jack · 27/03/2015 at 13:18

KK for me

Derek · 27/03/2015 at 14:14

Lol. You just named my backline!!

Rawkus11 · 27/03/2015 at 15:57

Can't really go wrong with all of em!

Jack · 27/03/2015 at 13:17

Rory Sloane or Dayne Beams?

Marco_Polo94 · 27/03/2015 at 13:52

Probably beams. can't go wrong with either, and i reckon less people will have sloane.

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:05

Beams but why not go both.

Jack · 27/03/2015 at 22:07

Cash Dools. "Here there's no cash"

Kurt · 27/03/2015 at 13:41

Robbie Gray or travis boak??
Robbie Gray is just class but will be a popular pick, where as travis boak could go big this year I think and will be somewhat of a POD.
Thoughts??

northernsoul74 · 27/03/2015 at 13:50

Both. I think Gray is a must have up forward and Boak is a quality POD in the mids.

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:07

Gray I had Boak last year serviceable and a POD but 50 Shades is Ablett for the first 3 hopefuly 4 round whilst Baby Jesus gets some game time in.

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 20:35

Boak will not be top 10 midfielder this year.
    Does not handle the tag that well. 50 shades any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Cheers

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 20:58

Yea, OO, one thing holding Boak back from being an elite mid is he doesn't handle the tag. Not the only bloke who'd be like that though.

northernsoul74 · 27/03/2015 at 13:51

Brett Goodes has been elevated from the rookie list.

medadsson · 27/03/2015 at 14:14

Game changer 🙂

Derek · 27/03/2015 at 14:15

Excellent!

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 14:38

Lock

Dools · 27/03/2015 at 16:08

Lock him in mate he is a past proven performer if your going skinny down the back

Ben · 27/03/2015 at 14:24

Hey lads … would appreciate any feedback on the following please:

Backs:
J. Gibson, H. Shaw, J. Newnes
K. Kolodjashnij, L. Dalgleish, K. McIntosh
(S. Edwards, A. Saad)

Midfield:
T. Rockliff, N. Fyfe, D. Beams, L. Parker, R. Griffen
B. Newton, P. Cripps, C. Ellis-Yolmen
(I. Heeney, T. Miller, N. Freeman)

Rucks:
S. Mumford, T. Goldstein
(T. Read)

Forwards:
R. Gray, J. Bartel, D. Martin
C. Salem, M. Clark, K. Lambert
(T. Lamb, J. Hogan)

$5.6k remaining

I can go Rocky –> GAJ quite easily if he ends up playing rd1.

Cheers
Ben

Rawkus11 · 27/03/2015 at 15:56

Pretty good Benny. Looks pretty similar to what i'm running with atm!

Ben · 27/03/2015 at 16:57

Thanks Rawkus11 – I might play around with it given the B Goodes news, see how we go!

NateCrows · 27/03/2015 at 15:17

Anyone going to pickup Brett Goodes? Elevated today…

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 15:29

Absolutely. If he's fit he will cruise past 400k.

Rawkus11 · 27/03/2015 at 15:55

Lock!

Zilla · 27/03/2015 at 15:37

All over him NateCrows!

Rawkus11 · 27/03/2015 at 15:54

What's everyone's thoughts on Jeremy Cameron? Looks set to at least start the season strong and generate a bit of quick coin. Maybe even an outside chance for a keeper

What ya think comunity?

Simon · 27/03/2015 at 15:58

Which combo
Gears and swan or b.goodes and bartel

Ethan · 27/03/2015 at 16:52

Bartel and Goodes without a doubt, Geary has had 1 ripper game but ifpd expect 70-75 off him and then swan I reckon would produce 85-90 so similar to last year, with the young legs Collingwood have through the Middle, I expect him to play more forward. Goodes I can see averaging about 85-90 as he has proven to do in the past, he will get a fair run through the middle, and Bartel is a proven jet and will score 100-105.

Smithy · 27/03/2015 at 16:00

What do yous think about troy menzel as a POD at 270 thousound ? Has looked good in the pre season

Or just stick with salem ??

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 18:22

Salem is a way better option for cash gen & scoring (short term). Playing off half back vs a fwd your relying on kicking goals to score is a no brainer. But having said that T Menzel is a very good player in the making. If he could get a tank to go into the mids then who knows his limits. He's a serious talent.

Ben · 27/03/2015 at 16:50

G'day community is Lachie Neale likely to be great option? What could his average be?

I N Pieman · 27/03/2015 at 18:18

No he isn't. With Fyfe Mundy & Barlow way ahead of him he's fools gold. And he works for Ross. Nup.

Corey · 27/03/2015 at 16:51

fill up 947065

Steven · 27/03/2015 at 17:05

Thoughts on my team community. Would love as much feedback as I can get.

Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Goodes, Edwards, Saad, Oxley, Hamling
Ablett, Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Griffin, Newton, Cripps, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller, Steele
Mumford, Goldstein, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Lambert, Hogan, Lonie

$146,500 left and not sure what to do with it.

Thoughts please community?

derek · 27/03/2015 at 18:30

Steven, you team looks a lot like many other teams, it should do good.
    the only thing I would change would be to get Simpson instead of Gibson

NateCrows · 27/03/2015 at 17:06

Nice one barron, close to mine too!

One question will you sure up your forward or back structure if Ablett is out Rn1 or sketchy for game time.

And, how to you intent to fit him in?

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 21:04

If Ablett is missing Round 1 i'll likely move him down to a cheaper midfielder, Selwood/Griffen or even cheaper with Rich and then use that money to bring in another premo defender or forward.

chris · 27/03/2015 at 17:17

thoughts on my team community

def: shaw, newnes, lumumba, ibboston, goodes, goddard, hamling, saad
mid: pendles, fyfe, kennedy, priddis, griffen, cripps, heeney, ellis-yolmen, freeman, miller, steele
ruck: mummy, nicnat, read
fwd: gray, martin, swan, bontempelli, salem, clarke, lamb, lambert

14,700 in kitty. thoughts?

quinn · 27/03/2015 at 17:21

brodie smith?

Ethan · 27/03/2015 at 17:31

Ablett or no Ablett?

Def: Murphy, Newnes, Lumumba, Goodes, Mcintosh, Saad, Goddard, Edwards

Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, Wines, Cripps, Eliis-Yoleman, Heeney, Anderson, Miller

Ruck: Goldstein, Maric, Read

Fwd: Deledio, Martin, Bellchambers, Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lamb, Lambert

No GAJ downgrade GAJ to Griffen and upgrade Bellchambers to Goddard.

With GAJ rem. salary: $49,200
Without GAJ rem.salary: $6,800

Opinions on what I should do and team itself are welcomed.

Gordo · 27/03/2015 at 18:39

personally I'm not starting with gaz want to see how he goes first, but I'm leaving a bit of cash in the bank to get him back in

Seaford Scouse · 27/03/2015 at 19:42

Ablett without a doubt Ethan; read this and enjoy the wondrous full colour spectacle of the king of our game flying high for an overhead mark, looks fine to me 🙂

Sana · 27/03/2015 at 23:05

Seaford, thanks mate, he's officially a lock, as if there was any doubt!

Ethan · 27/03/2015 at 23:33

Cheers lads, I think I will be going with the God

jmy7 · 27/03/2015 at 17:41

hey guys, just a quick one,
wells and swan or
newton and gray

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 21:03

I'd go for Newton and Gray.

Liam · 27/03/2015 at 18:14

Is anyone else starting with both newton and cripps in their starting lineups? I have both at M6 & M7

FootyFanatic · 27/03/2015 at 18:35

Yep, got them at m7 and m8

@emhoy · 27/03/2015 at 18:43

yes m7 and m8

Tom · 27/03/2015 at 18:47

Newton not a good selection

OldOcker · 27/03/2015 at 20:43

Both in my team.

Gordo · 27/03/2015 at 18:37

savage or thumper? or any other defenders around that price range or lower that people are keen on?

BarronVonCrow · 27/03/2015 at 21:02

Savage might have a higher ceiling, but could be a bit more inconsistent.

shezza · 27/03/2015 at 19:31

I tell you what, Jon Ralph’s team is one of weaker teams I’ve seen. He’d be lucky to get 2000

Westy · 28/03/2015 at 10:24

Updated team list – happy for comments
DEF – Simpson, Taylor, Newnes, Goodes, Dalgleish, Edwards (Saad, Hamling)
MID – Rockliff, Pendlebury, Sloane, Lewis, Wines, Neale, Cripps, Heeney (Laverde, Ellis-Yolmen, Lambert)
RUC – Mumford, Goldstein (Cox)
FWD – Gray, B Goddard, Bontempelli, Salem, Clark, Steele (H Goddard, Daniel)

Sumuk · 28/03/2015 at 16:21

Hi guys, join my league this is the second public league
If you have joined the first on don't join this one
Thanks everyone