Lekdog

Community it’s well known that I obsess about fantasy football. I analyse trends, look for patterns and probably read into things a little too much.

This off-season has been my biggest, I started writing for Jock, talking to all of you and most importantly I didn’t stop watching footy.

It’s all well and good to look at numbers and trends but when it comes down to it you’ve got to WATCH footy, you need to SEE what is happening before you on the ground NOT just on the stats sheet.

Every player in my team has been analysed and had to pass a series of rigorous tests. Some players who I had absolutely locked in have had to be sacrificed for the greater good of my team and that’s a lesson I’ve taken away from all this, sometimes we just need to let go of what we hold dearest to us.

CLICK HERE TO ORDER YOUR 2015 JOCK REYNOLDS FANTASY FOOTY MAGAZINE

Lekdog’s Puppies 2015

Screen Shot 2015-03-24 at 6.01.19 pm

My structure: Guns and Rookies

Going into this year I was absolutely set on not picking a Guns and Rookies team. But as my team has evolved and players have been dropped and picked up my team has clearly taken the shape of a Guns and Rookies team.

My Strategy:

I am a believer community, I know that there is only one true god in Gary Ablett Junior, but here I am having not selected him for the first time since I began my path down the Supercoach road. But Gaz will forgive me, he will forgive my ways and I will offer Chris Judd as tribute to appease him. If Judd is not enough for our Lord then I will offer Cripps and Newton instead.

Lekdog’s my name but proven premiums are my game. Judd, Griffen and Dane Swan are in my team for one thing and one thing only, to produce points as fallen premiums. I believe every single one of these players will vastly increase on their 2014 average and if they do so my reward will be bringing Gary Ablett in to an already pumping side. Throw in proven premiums like Jimmy Bartel and Joel Selwood and now we’ve got something cooking. Bartel was called too old at the beginning of this year but as they say, “form is temporary, class is forever”.

My bolters include Dayne Beams, Luke Parker, Christian Salem and Jack Newnees. Once again I expect all of these players to increase on their 2014 averages. I believe that Newnes will be a top 8 defender and that Beams and Parker will both be top 10 midfielders.

Cash generation is also important for me, because I have not started Gaz or Fyfe I must generate enough cash to bring them in as quickly as possible (before too much damage has been done). Newton and Cripps will do the bulk of the cash generation and I expect them both to increase by at least 300k come the bye rounds. Every other rookie (with the exception of Read) should also generate enough cash to justify their selections with Heeney, Ellis-Yolmen, Salem and Clark the clear standout candidates.

Robbie Gray gets his own section here. I never in a million years would have considered picking Gray, until I truly WATCHED him. All of last year I saw his numbers and shook them off but after spending a day just looking at him play Adelaide I realised that he is the real deal. If you haven’t considered him do so. His highlights don’t do him justice, you need to watch what he does in an entire game, do this and you will see fantasy greatness.

*Rookies are subject to selection

Selections of community debate:

Robert Murphy (DEF $475,700)

Murphy is my favourite selection this year, I locked him into my side in November. Murphy averaged 90.5 in his final ten games in 2014 and 104.8 in his final 5. With his newly appointed captaincy this man will play every week and give that extra 1% in every contest he enters. I have the cash to turn him into a 500k defender but I refuse to because I believe he will be my BEST selection for the year.

Shane Mumford (RUC $613,700)

This man has never left my side. He is fit, lost some weight and I am treating him as another midfielder. I expect midfielder scores from Mumford this year, I don’t mind forking out 600k for a man who will score 450 points in the first three rounds. Don’t mess around with you rucks.

Dayne Beams (MID $621,00) and Luke Parker (MID $583,000)

I expect both of these players to be top 10 midfielders this year. My research shows that beams should increase his average being at a new club and I am confident the tag won’t go to him. Luke Parker averaged 120.2 after his bye-round last year and I expect him to carry that momentum into this year. Will increase to a 600k+ player and will cement himself as a true premium performer this year.

What’s nagging me:

Like everyone who doesn’t have him, it’s not having Gary Ablett, but I believe my other selection will subsidise his points as well as make cash to allow for an early pickup of the great man. Dane Swan’s output worries me but most people have him so he basically cancels himself out.

Beyond that I have no real concerns, I’ve done the research and believe in my team.

Selecting a team is only half the battle, it’s what you do in the season that counts.

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

Have at it community, try an tear Lekdog’s Puppies apart!

steve · 24/03/2015 at 19:08

Bold. Thats one word I would use

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:16

Fortune favours the bold my friend

Redgumwon · 24/03/2015 at 19:57

Or no guts no glory 🙂

Bonters · 24/03/2015 at 19:08

Surely not Juddy?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:17

Stepping stone for Gaz, will increase in value at a faster rate than say a Swallow. Averaged 94 from just 65% game time in pre-season

Jonathan · 24/03/2015 at 19:43

still not convinced one bit

BKW · 24/03/2015 at 21:05

Agree – better options around the same price – Judd hasn’t been SuperCoach relevant for years.

Solid team otherwise – although very light down back, ballsy

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 21:58

We shall see how Juddy goes, I'm not above corrective trades if he really lets me down

yurkins · 24/03/2015 at 22:12

the pic on your wall gives this pick a bit of heart over head. surely griffen or even watson a better option? right?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:35

I can promise you that no bias was involved with this decision, however now that he's in I can barrack for him. Griffen is in my team and Watson is 100k more than Judd

LukTon · 24/03/2015 at 23:30

LEKD0G I think EVERYONE is forgetting that Juddy missed the first 4 rounds, came on in game 5 and scored SIX points, then came BACK from injury and STILL AVERAGED 98.3 FOR THE REST OF THE YEAR!!!

He is still absolutely fantasy relevant, but the problem was he did not score high enough/expected to improve enough to justify his price. This year though…

He is there foremost to score 90+ and make some cash, then trade up to Gablett, but who knows, hopefully hes still there come the bye rounds! As long as Judd fits into your team structures, there is very little downside to this pick.

Welcome my team Mr Judd!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:40

Agreed with all of the above

Wolf · 25/03/2015 at 13:19

Great team and good to see you sticking to your guns! the only concern is with brown who may not appreciate much at all.

Just wondering what you think about Judd versus Wells. At this stage I am leaning towards Wells having a higher potential upside. Only concern with wells is that he can go missing in games for quarter which is less likely to happen with Judd

LEKD0G · 26/03/2015 at 10:08

Judd more likely to sit at a price where I can use 1 trade to turn him into Gaz, don't think Wells can do that. Did look at Wells though

@OssieTerron · 24/03/2015 at 19:09

Nice Lekdog… I like the balance…

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:17

Thankyou

WazzaX · 24/03/2015 at 19:09

cant see myself going that skinny in defense…good luck

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:17

Thanks mate, I believe that we will have enough early rookies to cover me

Jayden · 25/03/2015 at 02:16

We may have rookies early but what if a couple of them get dropped after a couple of rounds then your screwed

Dean · 25/03/2015 at 21:08

Jayden what is so light with his defence, or how heavy do you expect to go in defence?
        I think it would be suicide going very strong in defence by having 4 to 5 players like: MALCESKI, SIMPSON, SMITH, SHAW, NEWNES & HIBBERD. If you chose a strong defence structure, your midfield & forward will suffer, which is where the bulk of your points will be generated.

Over the years of playing SC the vast majority of premiums in defence often go south in value.
        Especially so this year when we don't have the likes of Bartel, Heppell and so forth, like we had previous years where these players were true midfielders and also had the bonus of the DPP – these were excellent selections for our defence. However I feel this season our premium defenders could haemorrhage cash, the defence this season has never been so volatile IMO.

He has SHAW, MURPHY, NEWNES in his defence which hopefully will do well. Murphy concerns me a little but I can see his point.

Currently I personally have: SHAW, HIBBERD, NEWNES, GOODS, EDWARDS, McINTOSH (OXLEY, SAAD) in my defence and obviously I only have GOODS in there providing he gets elevated from the rookies list.

Dean · 25/03/2015 at 21:10

Sorry Jayden my above comment was addressed to WazzaX mate.

Frank · 24/03/2015 at 19:10

Solid team. Not making use of DPP? You’re rucks will give you 250 a week early on. Good start!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:19

I will trade in DPP, obviously if any players aren't named round 1 they will be dealt with.

shezza · 24/03/2015 at 19:10

This is one of the weaker teams I’ve seen. You’d be lucky to crack 2200

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:19

Like my selections, my history speaks for itself. I am very confident.

shezza · 24/03/2015 at 19:28

Where do you tend to finish Lekdog?

Chicko · 24/03/2015 at 19:37

I will back Lekdog in here. Think that side is high quality and an outstanding mix!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 21:59

Hey Shez don't think I've ever finished outside the top 1% highest rank was top 100 a couple of years ago, I'm pretty confident this year as well

chrissovan · 24/03/2015 at 23:03

Balanced side, similar to mine. I had swan last year. I know he had his injuries and output was low. I just don’t see him as the same anymore, hence my decision to leave him out for Martin

jockreynolds · 24/03/2015 at 21:07

Ahh shezza! Ye of little faith! Reared him since birth in my image mate – a fantasy footballer of considerable ability

shezza · 25/03/2015 at 05:48

Fair enough lads. I will bow down to you Lekdog. You have a bigger pair than Majak, I’ll give you that. Waiting to see yours (your team that is) Jock, crouching and Higgo. Glad i didn’t see Higgins in your side Lekdog!!! Lmfao

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:13

Not THAT crazy

KJU FC · 24/03/2015 at 19:12

surely going with 3 rookies on field down back will give you nothing but headaches??

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:20

Rookies are subject to selection but I'm one of the few who has always thought we'd have enough down back. Some of my first cash injections will go down back.

Jacob · 24/03/2015 at 21:43

I think having 3 on field defenders is very reasonable. Most people are saying the best of the rookies are all in the forward line but i think most of these (Daniel, Lonie, Steele) are big vest candidates. It is probably smarter to go with DEF rookies because if they play they will play a full game.

@Seekersupacoach · 24/03/2015 at 22:59

Have to agree with Lekdog and Jacob. I'm more confident in my defensive rookie selections than my forward rookies in playing more often and without the vests

Dean · 25/03/2015 at 21:26

LEKD0G I like your side mate, it's very similar to mine. Just a query bud, if GOODES gets elevated from the rookie list wouldn't you put GOODES in ahead of BROWN providing you can generate the extra $73,500 from elsewhere.

Or aren't you interested in GOODS at all mate?

Just curious to know as I have him as my D4, ALL the best this season.

Rick · 24/03/2015 at 19:12

5, read 5 defensive rookies! I'll be surprised if McIntosh plays, but I've been surprised before

Mummy is genius.

Like you, I think Parker will outscore JPK.

Certainly food for thought!

shezza · 24/03/2015 at 19:13

McIntosh will play. Been on the list for three years and is the prototype with his height and run. With Newman out, he is a lock

BKW · 24/03/2015 at 21:07

When will Newman be back?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:01

Had a heart condition, no set date yet. Should be around round 4 is my guess

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:01

I agree with that Shezza, Newman out helps his cause a lot. If he plays well there are some others who may be in trouble. Richmond won't be gifting selections this year

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 19:21

Rookies are subject to selection but I think we have enough to cover the first few rounds. This team's a long hall team backed up by early scoring potential i Mummy, Goldy etc

Jayden · 25/03/2015 at 02:24

Reckon Macintosh will play and give them no reason not to drop him
      Also they won’t play a second ruckman as maric is able to do most of the rucking by himself hopefully

@TylerCArmstrong · 24/03/2015 at 19:16

It's different but we can't all be the same. Liking the Murphy selection.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:01

Me too mate, me too

Vince · 24/03/2015 at 19:17

Very similar to mine, although I have Goodes instead of Brown and a few different rookie forwards in Krakour, Lamb, and Daniel instead of Hogan, Steele, and Salem.

splinter · 24/03/2015 at 19:26

goodes and karkouer wont play, both didnt get promoted to senior list.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:02

Goodes still a chance with Libba on Long Term Injury List, can upgrade at any point with the LTI

BundyBear · 24/03/2015 at 19:19

Each to their own Shezza. Imagine if we all had the same team. There would be over 350 thousand winners this year

shezza · 24/03/2015 at 19:30

Yes you are correct. I know if i posted my team, i would cop criticism. I wasn’t trying to be an a hole or anything.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:02

All good guys, I love the discussions going on

Phil · 24/03/2015 at 19:21

Damn man our rookies are nearly identical. You've gone 1 extra in defence Hamling. You've gone Newton instead of me his cheaper teammate. Read, same. Forward line, same.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:02

A good sign I hope haha

shaun · 24/03/2015 at 19:22

Not keen on Judd – too long in the tooth, in fact there are a few who are like that…

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:03

I'll back in experience, expect him to hit a 105 average and step him up to someone once cripps and newton have cash cowed up

adrian · 24/03/2015 at 19:24

Sexy forward line there lekdog!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:03

Thanks mate, a lot of reworking once i realised I wanted Gray

@Seekersupacoach · 24/03/2015 at 23:12

Is Gray the reason that Zorko is now gone from your team? I'm thinking of having GnR forwards Gray F1 and Zorko at F4. Thoughts?

BCHawks · 24/03/2015 at 19:24

Love the team Lek some great pods. Surprised not to see Fyfe in your team though.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:04

Something about him doesn't get me on board. I know he'll average close to 130 but something is telling me to wait, maybe their early draw?

Joshua Morganson · 24/03/2015 at 19:27

TEAM NAME: Benjo'. (SC 2015)
Used: $9,797,000 (98%), Remaining: $203,000 (2%) On Ground: $8,779,000 (87.8%), On Bench: $1,018,000 (10.2%)
Expected Total: 2090, Site Expected Total: 2047
Def: K.Simpson (95), J.Newnes (94), H.Shaw (92), K.Kolodjashnij (87), G.Ibbotson (79), B.Goodes (75) (K.Mcintosh (21.20), A.Saad (62))
Mid: J.Lewis (109), S.Sidebottom (112), D.Beams (114), L.Parker (109), D.Wells (62.90), B.Newton (78), P.Cripps (81), C.Ellis-Yolmen (74) (K.Amon (21.20), A.Vandenberg (65), Heeney (72))
Ruc: S.Mumford (97), T.Bellchambers (76) ( T.Read (21.20))
Fwd: J.Bartel (105), D.Martin (103), R.Gray (104), T.T. Lynch (85), C.Salem (74), M.Honeychurch (71) (M.Clark (68), K.Lambert (21.20))
200k left.
I am really struggling to try and find a place to upgrade the 200k.
Thoughts and advice more than welcome! Cheers, and by the way like the team LekDog only downside is defence.

Tyler · 24/03/2015 at 19:53

Use it to upgrade goodes. Hasn't been upgraded from the rookie list yet, if he does keep him but until then swap him out for a player like higgins, houli or another player around that price

Jambo · 24/03/2015 at 20:20

I like your defence mate but you may need to downgrade Goodes as he is still on the rookie list. TBC looks set to be suspended for who knows how long. I would reconsider your Lynch selection, he's way too injury-prone. I think you should downgrade Honeychurch for a cheaper option. I don't like the Mumford selection, yes, he goes BIG some games but he's too much of a risk at his price. I really like your selections of Sidebottom, Lewis, Beams and Parker. I think you should maybe downgrade Kade Simpson to a cheaper defender and use the proceeds to grab a Fyfe/Pendles/Rockliff/Ablett-type. You need a captain to lead your charges into the heat of battle.

Lewis · 27/03/2015 at 13:40

I like the Honeychurch selection, word is he will get midfield time this year

Jess · 24/03/2015 at 19:29

Midfield looking strong as an ox there Lek. Only thing I’d consider changing would be Sammy Mitchell in for Juddy. Looked to be turning back the clock during NAB. If your defense holds up then we’re in a bit of strife!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:07

Brillsy21 · 24/03/2015 at 19:30

what do you guys think of the BONT in the forward line, my only other premiums are Dusty and Swanny if you count him 🙂

BKW · 24/03/2015 at 21:09

Yep like the Bont very much 😉

As a doggies member I’m salivating

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:07

Worried he might get work put into him in the real thing but geez he's good, love to watch him

Wayne · 25/03/2015 at 04:13

As Lekdog said about Gray you need to watch the Bont. christ this kid is good. have some others on ff telling me I am an idiot for selecting him as a keeper. In this game you need to take risks. Bont is a lock for 100 and would not suprise me to see 110.
        Will be another Pendlebury in the future. Given his style of football I feel tagging bont will be like tagging ablett. they in the bottom of the pack getting ball, in the right position to recieve from the pack and run all day. what is there to not like.

shezza · 25/03/2015 at 06:43

I think Bonts scores will fluctuate and I’d say he will average 80-85 at best. Reason for this is he is only 19 years old and only had two pre seasons. Young players tire towards back end of season. Straight away you think Wines but he played outside role in a good-finals team. Bont is playing in a bottom 4 side and will cop more attention imo. Next years sc for sure, just not this year. He could score like Westhoff did last year too.

NateCrows · 25/03/2015 at 13:46

think he will be very inconsistent. Better off going for dalhaus. He could have a massive year, break out last year. He's a mid who kicks goals!

Spifflicator · 25/03/2015 at 07:07

I didn't pick Wines last year because of second year blues etc, and regretted it. However Wines an inside ball gathering pill magnet, while Bonts is a big Buddy like fwd/mid who covers a heap of territory, but is still powerful to go and get his own pill. He will get tagged this year and it will be interesting to see how he deals with it.

Personally I think he will avg 95-100, which is a win for a FWD.

cow roll · 25/03/2015 at 07:32

Bont has no problems shaking off tags. His scores are a bit up and down though, maybe because his team is bad.

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:19

It will be a rollercoaster but the bloke is an absolute jet.

Brillsy21 · 25/03/2015 at 18:22

Ive got balls im risking it

Dig Dug · 24/03/2015 at 19:31

Whoa… I worry about the defenders here but hey, good luck to ya!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:08

Let's hope I haven't "Dig Dug" myself into a hole ay

Phil · 24/03/2015 at 19:31

Completely agree with you regarding Gray. I made the call on here a few months ago how much he reminded me of Mark Mercuri the way he plays. There's not many other players I've seen that are equally effective in the midfield as they are in the forward line.
Like you I didn't see much of him during the season, just numbers. But I watched all Ports finals and thought he was phenomenal. He won the game for them against Freo in the 3rd quarter playing deep forward and then equally as impressive the following week against the Hawks.

shezza · 24/03/2015 at 20:03

I read on another forum at the start of last year that Gray is like Ablett. I laughed at the time but boy does he remind me of him now. It is like selecting Gaz in your forward line. He is a must

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:09

If you would consider picking someone in your midfield (like i would Gray) and they are available somewhere else you just have to lock them in

shezza · 25/03/2015 at 06:44

As Higgo would say “Agreeeeeeed”

Gareth · 24/03/2015 at 19:31

Love your selection of Juddy mate. People will question that but let them. A very calculated and strategic selction mate. Best of luck to ya!!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:09

I think so, fingers crossed

MASO · 24/03/2015 at 19:32

Nice work Lek will watch with a keen eye and hope i dont play you in early rounds , well unless gazza as my captain slaughters the dees 😛

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:09

Haha we'll wait for the fixture on that one

Daniel Murphy · 24/03/2015 at 19:32

Jeez Having Nathan Brown is a bloody big risk in its self let alone having him as D4 cant see him scoring more then 50 a game wheres the cash generation and the purpose of the selection with him?

Throttlefinger · 24/03/2015 at 19:44

He averaged 73 in NAB. Surely he’ll do as good or better. Has excellent JS as well. No brainer.

Derek · 24/03/2015 at 20:50

The only reason brown is there is because he will play. He won’t make much cash, if he averages 60 he will increase $90k by round 11. Security of having a warm body on field I can see the reason for Lek having him.

BKW · 24/03/2015 at 21:11

Yep exactly – he’ll probably struggle to average 60 I would have thought, assuming he stays injury free he is a slow burn cover player

Tom · 24/03/2015 at 21:25

Actually, averging 60 will result in a $140k gain by round 11. As he has averaged 49 in his previous 80 games I wouldn't bet on it though

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:17

Brown is questionable but at 100% gametime in his 3 games he averaged 81.37. In reality i Expect him to average mid-60's-early 70's, before I cull him I expect him to make around 140k at least.

Looked good (in the NAB albeit) but with Reid having a setback he'll play at least

Jayden · 25/03/2015 at 02:34

Don’t read too much into nab challenge….

Mac · 24/03/2015 at 19:41

I hear Ablett may be back for rd1. Still a worry picking him because his price will drop, but he is capable of anything the little master

Derek · 24/03/2015 at 20:53

Once he is in your team, doesn’t matter if his price drops unless you want to sell him. Doesn’t matter. Gaz will play. Look who they play!!!!!! Omg with one arm he will still score 160+ first two games

throttlefinger · 24/03/2015 at 21:12

Think the opposite. Given that it's softer sides, he's most likely to be subbed off at some point. Given his lack of preseason contact that is what I suspected. A better side and he would stay in…anything to help the team. He won't jeopardize long term health vs a bottom 4.

Jimmy · 24/03/2015 at 21:36

They will sub him at 3Q.
        He will have low TOG for first round.
        Also important factor –
        Some leagues in SC start versing teams at RD2. Should be lock for me.

kevwal · 24/03/2015 at 21:42

He will have scored over 120+ by 3/4 time. That will do until he plays a full term game.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:25

Needs to beat his starting break even of 134, don't think he will, should drop cash even if he goes 120 every week. In fact all the big mid fielders WILL lose money in the first few rounds. Difference is they are all proven fit.

Deadly · 25/03/2015 at 10:24

They won't sub Gaz, he won't allow it

Jambo · 25/03/2015 at 01:48

He will probably play but will likely sit deep forward (like Judd of 2007-8) and get subbed out for the first third of the season. I think he will drop to $550,000 by round 7, by then we should snaffle him.

dannyyboyy · 24/03/2015 at 19:44

Sweet first team reveal! I have a very similar structure as you but i only go 5 deep in the mids and im tossing up taking 2 mid pricers in my backs so i only have to have 4 rookies. Im also too scared to go without gazza at this stage, i dont see him dropping below 650k and to generate enough cash to get him early could mean as many as 3 trades to do it. id rather set and forget, ill have enough cover so he can miss the first 2 and i wont mind. I suppose if "C Judd 3 Votes" doesnt step up for you, you can use him as a stepping stone. In my eyes he is either gonna go "twang" or go "bang".

Derek · 24/03/2015 at 20:55

Problem with not starting with Gaz but getting him later is…. Well look at who Suns play first 8 rounds.

throttlefinger · 24/03/2015 at 21:13

Would say this would be a case with a healthy Gaz. Think we all can agree he is coming in less so, both physically and mentally (given that this is Gaz's first major injury).

Rock-MAN · 24/03/2015 at 21:33

They might ease him back in – BIGGEST concern.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:26

I WILL pick up Gaz later, Judd is there to provide an emergency step up to him.

Super_Freak · 24/03/2015 at 19:44

Nice Team Lek. Think most peoples FWD line and M7-M10 will be pretty similar. Plenty of value options M1-M6 no matter who we pick. Reckon DEF and Ruck will separate the boys from the men this year. With NN uncertainty, I'm also considering a dual premium ruck setup, but this extra cost will have to come from somewhere, and like you it's probably the backline. D3-D6 will definately be the toughest decisions we have before round 1!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:26

Yep agree with all that mate! If they don't name any rookies I am stuffed

Boo Rad · 24/03/2015 at 19:47

Love your work Lek Dog. Your team is very solid!! Having the 2 premo rucks will pay dividends!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:27

I hope so mate, thanks

Billy · 24/03/2015 at 19:50

Good article LekDog and I find your team a very interesting one.
Would love to know the Communties structures in each line.
I have:
3-2-1
4-1-3
1-1-0
3-1-2

Jimi · 24/03/2015 at 20:09

1-4-1
    5-0-3
    1-1
    2-1-3

Of the mid-pricers one is Nic Nat and one is Swan up fwd.

Chicko · 24/03/2015 at 20:13

Gday Billy, depends on your dollar cutoffs for mid pricers. Assume pre is $500k+ and Mid price is $250-$500k, rookies are less than $250k, then mine, including bench players, is as follows:
    0-3-5
    6-0-5
    2-0-1
    3-0-5

Donavan · 24/03/2015 at 21:17

I have-

1-4-3
    4-1-6
    1-1-1
    2-1-5

Includes Higgins at D5, Naitanui at R2, and Swan at F3

Northerner · 25/03/2015 at 00:34

4-0-4(Newnes at 4)
      5-0-6 (Neale at 5, Cripps at 6)
      2-0-1(goldmum)
      4-0-4 (Bont at 4)

As close to GNR as I could get.

Some speculation Naismith may be named to tandem with Pyke. Anybody else considering the extra $40k spend if named for warm body and emergency cover. Could go 60 ave – comes down to if he gets enough games.

Would require me to go Mummy to Maric to fit him in? Having Bont I had to give up fwd DPP cover.
      Thoughts anyone?

Billy · 24/03/2015 at 19:52

And also, for the people who are not starting Gaz, when would we be trying to get him in?
And also is it worth it getting a player with an easy draw to start with, or a better history/previous form?

Gordo · 24/03/2015 at 20:04

I’m planning on getting him asap depending on shoulder/break even leaving money in the bank

Marty · 24/03/2015 at 20:18

I'm also planning on hopefully picking him up rd 5-7. I'm planning one of my approx $500k players to rise quickly and Abblet drop $100k at the same time and do the swap.

Derek · 24/03/2015 at 20:58

Too late! Look at the Suns draw first 8 weeks, horse would have bolted.

Steve · 24/03/2015 at 21:02

have you looked at his be if he gets sub out one game going to drop significantly

kevwal · 24/03/2015 at 21:45

As previously stated Steve, he will have 120+ points by 3/4 time. If named round 1, he is a lock.

Steve · 24/03/2015 at 21:50

he could have done his shoulder by quarter time

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:28

Too many unknowns for me, seeing is believing. Gablett is god don't get me wrong but I need to see him rise again.

Jayden · 25/03/2015 at 02:41

Kevwal his not gonna get 120 by third quarter every game

And also ease has said he wants the Suns to become less reliant on gazza

Gordo · 24/03/2015 at 19:53

feedback for my team please. also join league 186332 and give me some codes to join.

DEF shaw newness ramp savage ibbotson brown(not that keen on at this stage) goddard saad

MID pendelbury fife selwood griffin wallis(was gaz and will be a stepping stone back to him hoping for some cash generation and security with gaz shoulder) newton cripps ellis-yolmen (heeney vandenberg freeman)

RUCKS Naitanui Leuenberger (Cox)

FWD Goddard Martin Swan Bellchambers Salwm Clark (Hogan Daniel)

396100 left in the bank to get gaz ack in early as possible

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:29

I'd upgrade at least 2 of rampe, savage and ibbo

bennyisles · 24/03/2015 at 19:57

You think about mitchell instead of judd? Best of luck getting those defensive rooks on the field.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:31

Yeah I have mate, I'll copy and paste my earlier thoughts
    "Yeah I'd considered Mitchell, Judd averaged 94 of 65% Game time whereas Mitchell averaged 102 off 83%. Both very similar and I have a good feeling about Judd, think he gets free this year. A toss up between the two. Plus Judd gives me someone to cheer for at the games haha"
    I do have a backup plan if it all goes balls up and no defensive rookies are named but to be honest I'm pretty confident I'll have 4 named rookies in DEF come round 1 at least

Harry · 24/03/2015 at 19:57

our midfields are almost identical Lekdog! I have wines instead of Parker though and have Vandaberg instead of judd (hoping the midfield rookies will bring me in some cash!)

Marty · 24/03/2015 at 20:16

Vandenburg didn't get rookie elevation I believe

Timbro · 24/03/2015 at 20:48

Not nominated rookie. Different deadline for LTI?

Rock-MAN · 24/03/2015 at 21:38

Goodes should get Promoted because of Libba.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:32

Yep different deadline for LTI

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:32

Haha nice mate

harry · 25/03/2015 at 12:56

so vandaberg wont be playing?

Creep · 24/03/2015 at 20:00

I like it Lek Dog, very similar to mine

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:32

Excellent

DAZz · 24/03/2015 at 20:01

have heaps of money left for last forward and was wanting to know ur thoughts on Dahlhaus

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:33

I like Dahlhaus as a POD can run in mid and hot the scoreboard. At 490k it'd be hard for him to let you down

Jambo · 24/03/2015 at 20:08

Lekdog, you chose wisely not playing Gary Ablett. Methinks he will drop in input, and consequently price (like in 2011). However, I disagree with your selection of Joel Selwood. Don't get me wrong, the guy's a champ but I reckon Nat Fyfe has a greater upside. Selwood's second half of the season is way stronger than his first, for some strange reason. He's shaping up as a potential M1 or M2 for me.
I like your selections of Beams and Parker. I don't agree with your selection of Mumford however. He's capable for pulling huge scores but he's prone to injury and suspension that he's too much of a risk for mine. If you wish to maintain Mummy then you should consider looking at a decent back-up ruck option. Goldstein's an astute choice. I'd dump Murphy in favour of a Jaensch or Harry Taylor. Both more reliable and consistent. I'd bench Nathan Brown (which is what I'll be doing) but I like the selection.
To stir up some controversy, I would dump Jesse Hogan. Yes, he will get game-time. Yes, he will get plenty TOG. However, I saw enough in the NAB to suggest that he's still developing as a KPF and will likely average between 30-50 this year. I think you should consider a better option at a cheaper price (maybe a Caleb Daniel) who I think could rove off the half-forward line for the Doggies.
That's my assessment Lekdog. Best of luck for this year.

Derek · 24/03/2015 at 21:04

Interesting point about Selwood, he does finish the year better than he starts. Me thinks the Geelong team now is a lot different years gone by. Other years he could peak at the end of the year when the finals were approaching. Now he needs to start the year hard and fast just to keep the cats in the race.

Dee · 24/03/2015 at 21:12

Did C. Daniel get elevated to the senior list? And what about J. Hamling?

Jambo · 24/03/2015 at 21:40

I don't think C. Daniel or Joel Hamling were picked up as a rookie.

sam siddall · 25/03/2015 at 00:06

So u think beams and parker will average more than jpk?

Jambo · 25/03/2015 at 01:06

Jayden · 25/03/2015 at 04:03

Sorry Jambi but I don’t see how you can say jaensch or Taylor are a more reliable option then Murphy

Jaensch: has only had one SF relevant season and might not be playing the same role as last year

Taylor: consistently averages 80 odd but had a down year last year and depends what his role is in each game

Murphy: has been a consistent defender in SC for years now has never been the best but has always been consistent scorer

Jambo · 25/03/2015 at 12:34

Jayden, I see the relevance of your points. I agree in principle but we will not have many reliable picks in defence this year (i.e. 100+). I traded across to Murphy last season and became quite frustrated with him. I think Jaensch will likely play the same role with the injury to Brent Reilly and the likelihood of Brodie Smith moving into the midfield. Harry Taylor is Geelong's swingman. He will average between 80-90. I think this year, scores of 80+ from D2-D4 will be very important.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:38

Hey mate, got a gut feeling on not picking Fyfe and i see what your saying about Selwood but I'm confident in my research and what I saw in the NAB. I'm after consistancy and Selwood offers me that.
    Confident Mummy will stay on the park, new MRP should keep him out there and he's shed some weight which should help with injury. Agree on Goldstein he's the must have ruck this year.
    Did enough research into Murphy as well as seeing him play to lock him in, Both Taylor AND Jaensch are actually my two next choices behind him. Think Jaensch will serve whoever picks him well.
    Brown is likely to go to a bench but for the sake of the reveal I have him on field.
    Hogan i'm still not 100% on and actually had Daniel in over him until the reveal, my Bulldog connections say he's very likely for the green vest. Hogan might not end up in my team at all but he certainly won't be on the field.
    Would love to see your team mate, good luck in 2015!

Jambo · 25/03/2015 at 01:18

No worries and thanks mate, I need all the luck I can get. (Although, one makes their own luck). I shall show you my team in turn.
      Defence: Josh Gibson, Harry Taylor, Jack Newnes, Kamdyn McIntosh, Joel Hamling, Adam Saad (Bench: Nathan Brown [emergency], Adam Oxley)
      Midfield: Nat Fyfe (C), Steele Sidebottom, Matt Priddis, Jordan Lewis, Ryan Griffen, Lachie Neale, Pat Cripps, Cam Ellis-Yolmen (Bench: Jackson Nelson, Nathan Freeman (emergency), Jack Steele)
      Ruck: Todd Goldstein, Ivan Maric (Bench: Reilly O'Brien)
      Forward: Robbie Gray (VC), Dayne Zorko, Dane Swan, Scott Lycett, Christian Salem, Mitch Clark (Bench: Kane Lambert (emergency), Tom Lamb)
      I wish I could pick Parker but cannot as it would spread my team too thin come byes time. I'd be most interested to hear your thoughts.

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:16

I like the team mate, I actually had Zorko in my team until the last minute (turned him into Gray) so i do quite like the team

Jonathan · 24/03/2015 at 20:11

Need some help picking between these two teams that I have made; your opinion would be much appreciated and I want to here some feedback, good or bad don't care:
Team One:
Heath Shaw, Robert Murphy, Jack Newnes, Garrick Ibbotson, Kamdyn McIntosh, Adam Saad (Shaun Edwards, Joel Hamling)
Gary Ablett, Joel Selwood, Luke Parker, Ryan Griffin, Lachie Neale, Daniel Rich, Ben Newton, Patrick Cripps (Isaac Heeney, Cameron Ellis-Yolmen, Touk Miller)
Stefan Martin, Todd Goldstein (Tom Read)
Robbie Gray, James Bartel, Dane Swan, Christian Salem, Mitch Clark, Kane Lambert (Jesse Hogan, Jack Steele)
Team Two:
Nick Malceski, Kade Simpson, Matthew Jaensch, James Kelly, Adam Oxley, Adam Saad (Joel Hamling, Brayden Maynard)
Tom Rockliff, Scott Pendlebury, Rory Sloane, Chris Judd, Lachie Neale, Ben Newton, Patrick Cripps, Jed Anderson (Blaine Boekhurst, Cam Ellis-Yolmen, Touk Miller)
Shane Mumford, Nic Naitunui (Mason Cox)
Harley Bennell, Devon Smith, Allan Christensen, Alex Fasolo, Mitch Clark, Kane Lambert (Jack Steele, Caleb Daniel

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:39

I prefer the 1st one and I like Martin in the ruck on principle but I am concerned over his shared ruck time

Jonathan · 25/03/2015 at 07:14

Thanks mate, I'm going with the 1st one, think just having GAJ makes it look stronger, don't know why

Tyler · 24/03/2015 at 20:12

Everyone is saying how his defense is terrible, but in reality if and when they play he's the one who will be laughing. I like your selections Lek, can see this team going far. And I know what you mean with your structure changing into a guns and rookies team. I started with a pretty hybrid team but as the preseason has worn on my team has changed into a guns n rookies team as well. When you select enough rooks, you end up with plenty of left over money to buy all those players you wanted but didn't have enough money to buy. At least that's how my team went

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:40

I agree with the rookies statement mate, I'm confident my selections will play and to be honest they are just as likely to play as some midpricers i've seen. If none of my rookies get named i will have to adjust clearly but that's a worst case scenario

Marty · 24/03/2015 at 20:15

[Which Rookie?] Nice one Lekdog. I feel your defence is one rookie to many but hey that's naturally too early to call. Out of Oxley, Hamling and McIntosh who do you realistically think will play most games to the byes?

You've picked McIntosh onfield so I'm guessing that's your answer based on his nab output. Do you think Newman might take his spot on return though? No one wants a 2 game rookie.

I'm leaning towards Oxley or Hamling instead. Their spots seem more up for grabs so to speak and have held their own through the nab too. Thoughts?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:42

I have a feeling that McIntosh could play his way into the richmond side while Newman is out and potentially Hunt could get dropped but that's all theoretical. I actually like Hamling of the 3, if he plays he'll dodge the vest

Corey · 24/03/2015 at 20:17

thoughts on tommy sheridan and who is a good premuim ruck

Jonathan · 24/03/2015 at 20:27

Mumford, Martin, Goldstein, Jacobs: My picks are Martin and Goldstein, currently have them in my side an probably wont change them

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:43

Maric a solid option too

keenbutclueless · 24/03/2015 at 20:29

Really enjoyed the thinking that went into this team Lekdog. I have also gone with 3 rookies in defence – but mine is on the basis that I think Essendon will get done by ASADA and I can put Dalgleish and Edwards in with a bit of js. I am not as convinced on the js of Oxley esp, and how much cash Hamling will accumulate. If I am right about ASADA, room to upgrade there! A couple of surprises in your team – no Wines? Newton over Vandenburg – 88k is a lot of cash. Would really help with your Gaz upgrade (especially if he goes well early and doesn't decline as much as you think)- and I don't think you would be giving up any points or value. Could also say the same about Gray versus Martin. With the early tough draw for Gray and easier draw for Martin, you could be cashing 60k and not losing on points or value. (could even use the 140k to upgrade Judd to Fyfe or Priddis).

keenbutclueless · 24/03/2015 at 21:46

the point about upgrading Judd to Fyfe or Priddis or Sloane. Let's say you do want to get Gaz – then basically it should be just a straight swap – but you probably have more points on the field leading up to that stage. Now look at the alternative – what if Gaz doesn't come up and you don't want to trade him in. By having one of those 3, you wont need to waste a trade. By your own logic, you don't see Judd as a keeper. Therefore the upside of upgrading Judd to Fyfe, Priddis or Sloane is that you have more early points on the field – may not need to burn a trade if Gaz doesn't come up, but no worse off if you do want to trade to Gaz

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:47

If ASADS hits, my rookies change and Dalgeish is absolutely in the side. I like Wines a lot but I'm not convinced he'll become a "600k player" this year and Newton's points per minute were far higher than vandenBerg's in NAB Challenge so his price is justified. vandenBerg may cop a vest IF he is upgraded because of the Long Term Injury List.
    Judd will make me some cash (i think he'll average 105) and is my break glass in case of emergency player. I can turn him into a Gaz or Fyfe very easily and without costing me a premo or a premature cash cow

jmy7 · 24/03/2015 at 20:31

big balls=mass production lekdog!! liking your team how mush dosh left?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:48

Around 30k for rookie tampering

Dean · 25/03/2015 at 21:58

It leaves Lekdog $24,800 in the bank.

john · 24/03/2015 at 20:32

darcy lang

john · 24/03/2015 at 20:33

?

Rock-MAN · 24/03/2015 at 21:38

?

Corey · 24/03/2015 at 20:33

will tom mitchell get a game

throttlefinger · 24/03/2015 at 21:22

Think he will. Will he be worth $404 and be a top 10 forward. Hmmmm. Not likely. Could do just enough to get you an upgrade but would try in your rook line first.

Also, like to see him do a full season before investing that sort of money in a player. The potential is there for sure. At that price, need a bit more.

Escape · 24/03/2015 at 22:03

Who is a better pick out of T. Mitchell and T. Adams. (with an upgrade in mind down the track)
      Who is a safer bet to average 85 ?

The pies midfield is barren, Adams will be fronting up at every centre bounce and ball up this year. But he can't kick, don't think his handball is crash hot either. And the pies midfield will be chasing tales for most of the season, so in between the clangers and the team not getting the ball, i'm just not confident enough in him.

Mitchell… Gotta get enough game time to get his points, they got midfielders everywhere, and it is not just a matter of him overtaking the guys ahead of him, he's gotta make sure the younger midfielders like heeney and cunningham don't overtake him.. I don't want him if he's not gonna get a consistent midfield rotation.

But I'm taking one of them, even though i don't like it one bit, might be a flip of the coin job..

throttlefinger · 24/03/2015 at 22:38

Wow, great dilemma, Escape.

I'd say Titch. Better side = more SC points to go around. And show a lot of SC promise. Gets it. Adams will have less headaches with JS but as you astutely put, the Pies mids will have their issues.

splinter · 24/03/2015 at 21:30

Tony · 24/03/2015 at 20:34

Nice work Lekdog. Don't personally agree with the structure, but SC needs diversity and I can see your team performing well. I do like the ruck double. It's great to have serious teams posted as a point of discussion and comparison. Good luck!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:50

Good luck to you too mate

Sarah · 24/03/2015 at 20:40

Great team Lekdog!! It is ridiculous how similar my team is! The research speaks for itself.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:50

I like it Sarah!

Doc2Drej · 24/03/2015 at 20:45

Hey Lekdog, do you reckon Juddy will have generated enough cash for a straight swap to Gary around bye times (assuming Gaz drops a fair amount)? As a blues fan (hence the Sam DOCherty and AnDREJs Everitt reference in the name) I'd love to see the Juddman dominate, but am a bit worried about his consistency, opposition teams tagging him and also him being 'managed'. How do you think he'll go and will he gain enough, keeping those three things in mind?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:52

Not a straight swap dollar for dollar but we should have made a little cash by the time we're ready to pull the pin on the GAZ in trade. I expect Gaz to hit 650k or lower and Judd to hit 520-50k so we'll need a little pocket change

Rock-MAN · 24/03/2015 at 20:47

Geary or Ibbotson?

Derek · 24/03/2015 at 21:23

Geray in a very weak team

Rock-MAN · 24/03/2015 at 21:30

What do you mean? Geary more points because of a weaker team?

splinter · 24/03/2015 at 21:30

ibbo

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:52

Don't like either, Ibbo's shoulders pop out and Geary is a pre-season warrior.

Probably Geary because of Ibbo's shoulders

Rock-MAN · 24/03/2015 at 23:00

Who do you suggest as a mid pricer? Or downgrade to Saad and start him on the field?

DEF: Newnes, Harry O', KK, ?, POD, Goodes (Saad, Hamling.)

General Soreness · 24/03/2015 at 21:01

Considered, balanced, researched and justified, love the work Lek very strong side balance of early scoring output and cash. Bring on round 1.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:53

Couldn't have done it without you mate

Dools · 24/03/2015 at 21:06

Lekdog,
My Fridge loves the selections we have 20 plus players on our selections….So we either sail in to SC History or we go down with the ship.
There are excellent choices made down back in the Mids and some mouth watering picks up front
You have followed some site rules and used the magazine to maximise potential scores and "fallen Prems" to shark attack the school of fish that will show its self in or by round 3/4 or if it's a slow burn by the byes .. I highly rate this team. I will not nay say it in any way except for just this one tiny tiny miniscule bit …………..Judd …That's it
Excellent team reveal and good luck sailing on the "Good ship" Lekdog's Puppies 2015 – are we in a league??
"To the fridge!!"

throttlefinger · 24/03/2015 at 21:10

Hahaha! Judd is the genius of this litter. Gives a nice insurance for Baby Gazus. No need to stress if he returns to form sooner rather than later.

lostlarrikin · 24/03/2015 at 22:29

I see the views of Next G and Keyboard have been deliberately stifled here Dools.
    I heard a whisper that Next G hates the doggies and would shudder at the thought of selecting Murphy.
    Let thy voices be heard..

Dools · 25/03/2015 at 22:39

Hi Losty,
      Doggies ATM are 2 def and 2 fwd line, I have gone with "Bonts" as my F3…Me likey likey!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:55

Lovely sentiments Dools I hope the Community and all of our resources served you just as they served me.

No one likes Judd but he's my "Break Glass In Emergency Gaz Trade" man, or he'll average 115 and we will have CJ=JC son of God (Gaz)

Derek · 24/03/2015 at 21:11

My first question to Lek is why didn’t you select either of Delidio or Martin considering Richmonds easy start to the year. Bartel ok but would like to know how close you were to one of the Tiger boys, and if so who would you had put in?

My second question is, what is minimum average to round 11 you would be happy with from the three OLD guys. Bartel, Judd & Murphy?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:58

I think Bartel/Lyds and Martin will all have very similar years. SC wise I'm not 100% sold that Martin will be the ultimate player this year that everyone is proposing. Bartel has done it for a decade and he'll do it again this year.

Murphy I'd be happy with 82-87 but I think he can go higher than that.
    Judd I think will get to 105 but he's not intended to be a keeper so it doesn't bother me.
    I honestly think that Bartel can get close to 110 this year based on what I've seen, i expect Martin to do the same

Spifflicator · 25/03/2015 at 07:12

Bartel & Lids will be the 'safe' 100-110 picks. Martin is the riskier 95-130 pick, and I am torn between Bartel and Martin. I switched in Bartel yesterday because I am going to run Cameron at F3 as my big punt for the year.

eruba · 24/03/2015 at 21:14

just dont understand how you can trust 3 rookies on field. So far no one besides Saad and Brown have looked like locks and yet they still wont give you great scores/money generation.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:59

Just gotta #beliebe

nathan · 24/03/2015 at 21:17

Ive seen a few people picking gav, not pucking him and having money in the bank to bring him in or not having him at all

Which ever way you are doing it just dont leave money in the bank like ive seen people leaving 300k

Thats a loss of at least 70/80 points per week

That puts you way behind the eight ball

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 22:59

Would never do that, money is made on the field not in the bank

Tom · 24/03/2015 at 21:42

I assume you mean "to" rather than "by" in the following sentence – "Newton and Cripps will do the bulk of the cash generation and I expect them both to increase by at least 300k come the bye rounds."
To increase by $300k they will need to average 108 which is highly unlikely.
As a Brisbane supporter I can almost guarantee that Beams will get the tag, Rockliff is basically tag proof and not damaging enough to warrant it, Hanley is out, Rich will play back and Zorko forward. No one else attracts that sort of attention. Having said that, Beams is currently in my team in place of Ablett.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:01

No I mean to my friend. Based on their minutes per game both averaged over 105 in the preseason (if they were full games) Maybe 300k is a stretch but I expect big gains.
    I'm very confident that Redden or Rich will cop the attention over Beams

Jambo · 25/03/2015 at 01:44

I disagree about Redden, he's a talented player but not damaging in comparison with a Beams or Rich. Rockliff is very unlikely to attract the tag. I'd say, Rich or Beams will probably attract the tag.

Lostlarrikin · 24/03/2015 at 21:46

Sweeet Lek!

As a pure GnR it’s pretty solid and hard to fault.

Understand the debate over Brown and have had him in and out for a while. Might only avg 50-60 but unlikely to get vested vs a lot of other rooks so might be a slow burn but good js with a 3/3 def.

Only question is on Judd and Newton. I’d be inclined to make Newt as cheaper rook and upgrade Judd to a more proven mid. Understand u might have ur eye patch on tho.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:03

No nothing to do with Carlton here mate all strategical, didn't want him til I did the numbers. Feel free to scroll up but I break down Newton and Judd like 40 times in the comments. Newtons earning potential is higher than other rookies averaged over 100 if you look at time on ground an equate it to 80% game time.

Willy · 24/03/2015 at 21:48

Lekdog do you want Griffen to stay in all year?
Reckon this structure looks pretty good mate

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:03

I do, his ceiling is massive and needs to end as my m8. Scored 189 in his last game last year and should easily average over 100

Nash · 24/03/2015 at 21:50

Hey guys can you please give me some feed back. Thanks
Burgoyne

Fyfe
Danger
Newton
Crips
Vandenberg
Eliss-youlmen
( heeney, miller, krakour) -have gone so rookie in the midfield because these rookies will score the most and rise in price

Goldstine, maric ( read)

Gray
Martin
Swan
Salem
Clark
Hogan
( lambet, steel)

samenglish · 26/03/2015 at 10:14

Not a bad team, Shaun Burgoyne will not play every game this year, as a premium defender I don't reckon he's worth the go
    I'd suggest playing saad on the field and downgrading Burgoyne to say hamling from the bulldogs
    With that money i'd suggest upgrading newton to a premium midfielder
    Yours sincerely
    Sam

James · 24/03/2015 at 22:03

Community!! Should i do Nic Nat to Goldstein OR Swan to Bartel

jmy7 · 24/03/2015 at 22:05

goldy

harry · 24/03/2015 at 22:08

bartel

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:04

Goldy is a must have in my opinion

@Seekersupacoach · 24/03/2015 at 23:16

Both if possible

Ben · 24/03/2015 at 22:11

Sandilands or Goldstein?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:04

Goldy will be the number one ruck this year

Welcome · 24/03/2015 at 22:13

anyone wanting a home, league code is 447601 and another one is 561356
or if anyone is willing to have me, pls leave code

Escape · 24/03/2015 at 22:14

I am being haunted by three decisions, and I can't sleep until i come to a conclusion.. it's been days, i'm getting tired..

Looks like you have 2 of them in your squad as well

1. Newnes or Higgins – I reckon both are high risk/reward, both are a 50/50 chance of coming off…. So assume one fails, and one is a solid choice… which one is which?

2. Jed Anderson or Isaac Heeney? The both look good to me. They both look like they'll get a start in RD 1. They both have a massive task keeping their spots.

3. Taylor Adam or Tom Mitchell… I know you don't have either, and they don't look like they fit into your structure… but for my sake, which one is gonna get me a minimum and consistent 85

Neway, Like Murphy, he just runs around and does what he wants, one of my first picked as well. Bartel, 'class is permanent' like you almost said, he is gonna be one of the first ones i trade in (hopefully)

throttlefinger · 24/03/2015 at 22:54

Given that Newnes was playing almost all midfield during NAB, say he would be the better choice. Higgins could make you doubt it at times. But in the long run, believe Newnes will serve you better.

Anderson or Heeney. Tale of two vests. Both looked strong. Both on strong teams. Toss up. I've gone Heeney but he's on my bench (considering getting Krak so I can use as loop with my rook mids).

Titch. Better squad. Injuries are always a concern. But of the two, pick him. Can you get some more money and get Bont in there?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:05

Throts nailed it

Escape · 24/03/2015 at 23:25

TY TF.. for the advice

I really like the idea of Newnes, it is an awesome theory, he'll just slot into the midfield, get plenty of possessions..
      But Higgings was dominating in both the games I watched North play, he looked really fast, he kicked goals. Barely sighted Newnes, and when I did, the poor little tacker looked exhausted. If the two actually lined up against each other in a match, which might well be possible, Higgins would outscore him i reckon. But like i said at the top of the paragraph… I really like the idea of Newnes. ??

With the T.Mitchell slot, if I was gonna upgrade, i'd just make a tough decision and go all the way and get Delidio or Martin or Bartel.
      I just want a cheap Ball Magnet. I think the better squad counts against him. If T. Mitchell played for Collingwood and Adams played for Sydney, it would be a no brainer. Wouldn't even consider Adams, Mitchell would be locked in. But as it stands, Adams is gonna be on the ball for as long as his little legs can follow it.

Phil · 25/03/2015 at 11:01

Number 1 thing to do when selecting a player is trust your gut. Then if you're still torn (between 2) Id suggest minimising the risk by picking the more popular player. So out of your 3 selections take Newnes & Heeney (because they're more popular) and in the third one to me it seems your gut says Adams so if so go for it (could really pay off) otherwise Mitchell is the more popular. Hope this helps

Mike · 24/03/2015 at 22:19

Got to say I’m not a fan of team reveals at all. IMO it makes it very easy for chumps to copy, and a lot of teams looking the similar/same. I’d prefer a few pointed hints and a lot of “consider strongly” options. Having said that I really appreciate the articles Lek writes, and the discussion this one seems to have generated.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:05

I don't mind people copying, you can copy a team but if you can't manage it through the year you are stuffed

throttlefinger · 25/03/2015 at 06:59

Exactly. I think the true strategy and discipline comes in once R1 is over. Why the magazine is so valuable. I had a 2300+ first round then when things go a little hot, I wilted.

Why talking with the community is almost more important during the season than preseason. My biggest mistake from last season by far.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:06

Also thanks for the complement mate

The Ranger · 24/03/2015 at 22:25

Wow! Ballsy team Lekdog.
I can't quite bring myself to go to M6 and have gone to D4 instead.
Those darn defensive rookies scare me!

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:06

Yeah it was a tough decision but I think it's a winner

al pacino · 24/03/2015 at 22:32

lovin that bob murphy selection lekdog, has been in my side for a long while now.

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:06

Love him!

The Ranger · 24/03/2015 at 22:41

Hey Lekdog,
What is your plan regarding the rookies?
Will you just go for those that are named only?
Or is there room for ones that may be slow burners or get named R2/3?

LEKD0G · 24/03/2015 at 23:07

If say 3 of my 4 def rookies were named I'd probably back my research and keep the guy who wasn't.
    Gotta avoid the Clurey's of this year (only played round 1 last year)

But ultimately you want almost all of them named

The Ranger · 24/03/2015 at 23:26

Thanks mate.
      Great team, best of luck,

DrSpock · 24/03/2015 at 23:22

I'm liking the premo ruck strategy Lekdog – it's about the only sure thing this year…
Will be waiting for which rooks get elevated/named for R1 as risk of donuts on the field and on the bench
I'm also considering Murph in defense, but have Harry Taylor locked in D2 at the moment

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:19

Taylor a very nice selection

dognino · 24/03/2015 at 23:24

Talk on the adelaide news CEY will be taking crouches spot, if he doesn't get vested I think he's a waste on the bench. I see more value in picking another Judd priced defender, who will probably score a little bit less than Judd, but then be able to put CEY on field who will score 30-40 points more than the def rookies

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:20

Yeah solid point mate but I'm focusing on early cash generation over points so I can go BANG and all of a sudden I'm full premo extra early

Kieran · 24/03/2015 at 23:33

First time posting in these forums, but any feedback would be appreciated, Thanks.
Having trouble with picking a POD midfielder at the moment.
Currently considering PARKER or BOAK, keeping in mind that I already have JPK from Sydney and not too keen on having two sydney players.

Jokers Wild · 25/03/2015 at 01:43

I think you answered your own question.

Take Boak & either Parker or JPK

cow roll · 25/03/2015 at 01:59

Parker. Boak has difficulty overcoming some taggers

@SeanySamp · 25/03/2015 at 14:31

I don't reckon having 2 players from the same team is that much of a worry. I've got Ward and Griffen in mine. As much as Boak is an absolute superstar and my favourite player in the comp, Parker will outscore him I reckon.
    So Parker.

Natedogg · 24/03/2015 at 23:36

Hey Lekdog…I was thinking of Mins on this year to go along side Goldy. Thoughts pretty please???

SCaddict · 25/03/2015 at 00:38

I think you'll find that's a reasonably popular combo. Presently my preferred tandem and I think Jock is a fan of this also although I'll let the great man speak for himself of course..

Motsy · 25/03/2015 at 01:31

I've got Mins/Goldy in my side.

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:20

A very solid combo

SCaddict · 25/03/2015 at 00:36

Very strong looking side Lekdog. Really like your picks of Parker, Beams, Judd and Bartel. Will probably be decent PODs too.

In fact all your selections are contenders for Addicts with one notable exception the big Mummy. He's never played 20 h&a games in his AFL career so if you're keen on him you may want to consider a ruck/fwd swinger up forward as the big fella is virtually certain to miss games…it's just a case of how many.

throttlefinger · 25/03/2015 at 02:19

Would say that ALL rucks run the risk of missing games, SCaddict. Goldie may be the exception. Everyone thought Sandi would miss a lot of games last season. And if he can go injury free, I'm sure Mummy can as well.

Motsy · 25/03/2015 at 01:32

Do we think Beams will outscore JPK/Fyfe?

shezza · 25/03/2015 at 07:15

JPK yes, Beams no

Daniel · 25/03/2015 at 03:08

Is anyone else bothered that Brett Goodes didnt get elevated today?!

Seaford Scouse · 25/03/2015 at 07:27

Still time to be elevated Daniel due to Liberatore being on the long term injury list. Prepare without him but hope he can come back in.

Seaford Scouse · 25/03/2015 at 07:36

Whoa Mr Lekdog, what have you done here! They may be puppies but you’ve gone in with the balls of a Great Dame, outstanding! Hats off to you mate, loving the Boyd pick as well as Judd and Parker all significant PODs I reckon. Not sure I’m with you on the Nathan J. ‘Look i can bag 97 sc points’ Brown express though, a slow ride to mediocrity I’d prefer to give a swerve to if I’m honest but good luck with it. Like the structure also and your reasoning behind your play and think that you’ve got it spot in by going with premium rucks and Gray in the forward line if not selecting the little master from the get-go, I’m running the same line so nice to see it validated by a proven sc champ of the game.

Thanks for putting it up and all the best for 2015 la’!

Deadly · 25/03/2015 at 10:37

You're mixing with the wrong Great Dames – Barry Humphries perhaps!!

Seaford Scouse · 25/03/2015 at 17:33

Love it 🙂

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:22

Thankyou dear sir, if ASADA ht essendon Brown is out and Dalgeish is in

Seaford Scouse · 25/03/2015 at 17:37

A great choice Mr Lekdog,I had him in my very first team this season, (which admittedly was full of risks!), drew a bit of ridicule then, not now I suspect. Not in my team now though as I need that little bit of extra cash that the cheaper rookies can provide me there, still want him though!

Tony · 25/03/2015 at 08:46

Hi there Lekdog. Love your team – if you have 3 defence rookies on the field each week it will be a great structure – but.
What do guys think for M6/M7 either Rich and Wallis or Swallow and Newton

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:18

Option 2 by a street.

Seaford Scouse · 25/03/2015 at 17:39

Agreed, although I’m looking at Wallis now as an alternative to Rich also, interesting choice that Jock called early.

Morse · 25/03/2015 at 09:26

Like it Lek, only concern for me is both premo rucks have round 13 bye?

Does this not concern you?

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:29

Solid point Morse, but by Round 13 there should be no problem in fielding a team of 18 players without worrying about 2 missing from the rucks. Remember best 18 count in bye rounds.

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:23

Confident I'll have a very good 18 on the park for round 13, doesn't matter where but good point to raise

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 09:35

To the magnificent ladies and gentlemen of the community feel free to join me in Supercoach league code 388926 reserved just for the members of the community. Looking forward to a belter season.

Sean · 25/03/2015 at 12:25

Have joined – Thanks

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:26

Great work Sean, look forward to locking horns with fellow community members.

Sc newby · 25/03/2015 at 14:04

Join this group if you like lads, also looking for a community based league
        Nutcrackers gc is community friendly
        667244

@SeanySamp · 25/03/2015 at 14:36

Added in both of the leagues as Footy Fanatic. Thanks fellas

DramaLlama · 25/03/2015 at 10:47

Solid work lekdog, the effort in explaining and the wisdom you're imparting on the community is immense. Thanks alot champ and aside from Juddy I think that's a cracker of a team you've got there.

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 11:30

Hi Lekdog. been thinking a lot about your team. I have one more suggestion for you: Gibson instead of Judd.
1. Gibson's first 6 weeks could actually have a higher ceiling than Judd
2. It gives one less Def Rook and 1 more Mid rook, which could mean higher cash generation, and more points on the field in the first 6 weeks (plus better js for your rooks overall)

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:10

I like the analysis Keen, definitely keep analysing for those hidden gems, for me Gibbo is not a hidden gem in this scenario. For the following reasons:
    – Then Birchall returns and Gibbo's scores go ?????
    – Then they come up against Geelong, Power and Roos in first 6 rounds, all have multiple marking and tall forward options, I do not expect Gibbo to play a loose rebounding role against any of these teams.
    – Gibbo has a 90pt average at best, Judd will average that at worst.
    – Judd more solid that Gibbo.

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 12:38

Thanks General! My thinking was that Geelong maybe only has 2 key forwards, so Lake and Frawley to take them, leaving Gibson to be the rebounding Def. I agree with you on Roos and Port. I thought he could go 120+ on the other 3, which would overall get him to 100+ for the 6 rounds. I thought 100 for Gibson was as good as 105 for Judd because of the extra scoring power of the Mid rook versus the Def rook. Throwing Birchall in does confuse things!

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 13:25

Judd's my insurance for Gaz, can very easily trade him up very quickly, if i pick Gibbo it's a lot harder for me to get to Gaz (god).

Solid thought process and one I did go through

Marco_Polo94 · 25/03/2015 at 11:33

Chris Judd is an interesting one. Don't think it's a bad selection by any stretch, but the stepping stone to gaz is strategically sublime! I've been wondering how i will get gaz in as early as possible, a $400 k player who is unders is a very good way to do that. Thinking of downgrading wines to a Neale type (high ceiling) to do the same thing

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 11:45

have you considered downgrading to Bennell (or even upgrading to D Swallow)? I think Bennell in particular has a very high early ceiling given their draw. (Especially when you consider Wines' early fixture versus Bennell)

Marco_Polo94 · 25/03/2015 at 11:46

That's not a bad option either actually. Especially considering how much higher bennell averages when GAJ is out! If gary isn't named i will have a long hard look at harley

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 11:59

the post below is supposed to be a reply on your thread, not a separate post

Marco_Polo94 · 25/03/2015 at 12:08

mmm, if i was to pick gibson tho i would want him as a keeper, not an upgrade option. What about wallis 😉

Marco_Polo94 · 25/03/2015 at 12:10

hmm apparently gary is set for a round 1 birth. Really would have preferred him to just not start then it's an easy option.

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:14

Feeling the same way Marco.

dannyyboyy · 25/03/2015 at 18:39

im on the gaz wagon, leave him out at your own peril.

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 11:47

and Neale's early fixture also – much tougher than Bennell

Rick Grimes · 25/03/2015 at 11:56

In what order are people ranking Newton, Sheed and Cripps?

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:05

Cripps, a little bit of daylight, then Newton, Sheed.

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 13:11

Agreed General

Phil · 25/03/2015 at 13:11

Yeah I reckon Cripps as well. The other 2 close at this stage I suspect. Have West Coast lost any midfielders due to injury/retirement? Because if Sheed couldn't break past the vest last year, how does it do it with Selwood back? That's why Cripps is the best, goodbye McLean, Robinson and the other guy that plays for West Coast now

cow roll · 25/03/2015 at 13:25

Cripps, newton then sheed.

dannyyboyy · 25/03/2015 at 18:29

cripps by a mile, but why newton over sheed? Job security? i currently have sheed in my team as i thought he would get more opportunity than newton would.

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 11:58

In my previous post, I suggested to Lekdog that maybe Gibson could do the Judd role. That was based on his 3 def rooks and 2 mid rooks. It might also be an option for you also – depending on your structure. If Gibson was going to create 4 mid rooks for you, then it wouldn't be a good option for you

KingBlue14 · 25/03/2015 at 12:21

Good work with the Judd pick Lekdog, being a Blues fan I have been thinking the same for nothing more than some good points to start with then using him as a good trading point, his usual hard ball gets plus goals and goal assists as he will be playing forward as well as mid should see him get some solid points early!

The back line is super lean though! McIntosh had a great NAB but won't get games at all in the real deal with Rance, Chaplin, Grimes and Astubry in defence and Riewoldt, Vickery and Griffin up forward and the same could be said about Oxley with a full strength Pies defence in Brown, Seedsman, Langdon, Frost, Fasolo, Varcoe, Keefe and Reid when he gets back and probably even Marley Williams

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:28

King, I hear your concerns but I reckon both Oxley and McIntosh will play from Rnd 1 with spots available, how long they remain there will be on form.

KingBlue14 · 25/03/2015 at 12:48

Oxley more so than McIntosh has a spot R1 as Pies try to find the mix that works for them with a young side on top of retirees and players moving on plus a few new faces coming in, but Richmond has a solid back line and McIntosh is considered a tall so unless injury strikes down a key tall back for Tiges I can't see McIntosh taking anybodies spot by force.

Both are worthy of spot in peoples sides for sure but Im not sure about both plus N.Brown all in the one hit!

As I write this I can feel my lips start to pucker and my back start to bow as at some point in time I will no doubt be bowing down and kissing Lekdog's feet!

He did mention that rookies are subject to selection and on that note my money is on McIntosh to make his way out of Lekdog's side

Phil · 25/03/2015 at 13:06

I reckon if you take a risk or 2 in the backline with rookies (or injury prone) players then Brown becomes a must have due to job security. So if McIntosh/Oxley do get dropped and you don't wanna deal with a trade that week slap Brown on the field knowing he will give you 50 odd points.

KingBlue14 · 25/03/2015 at 13:30

Agreed.

From the looks of things though Lek has put Brown in his team as a permanent starter to begin with along with his 3 key backs then let the rookies fill the last 2 spots, which is all well and good cos Brown has no issues with JS if he stays uninjured and if the rookies are getting games, but having Brown on field weekly who will avg 40-50 (probably) to go with so many rookies that bring along with them their rookie scores/subbed in or out/being dropped, is a lot to deal with, but at the same time could work amazingly and he could upgrade his rookies and then keep Brown on the bench as cover throughout the year like I plan on doing!!

KingBlue14 · 25/03/2015 at 13:32

But Im not starting with as many rookies though!

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 13:10

I have Brown in my side King Blue. And the only reason he is there is he's the only rookie priced bloke in defence with JS. Sure he will slow burn & make some cash but I'll be very pleased the moment I can get rid of him. I think Oxley has played himself into round 1. How long he can stay in the team is anyone's guess. If we play the same way we played against the Dogs he will play out the whole season. It's worth noting Dimma loves Kamdyn McIntosh. Dimma also likes supercoach. Dimma said to get on him.

KingBlue14 · 25/03/2015 at 13:50

Brown is a start in my side too and if the footy gods allow it he will only go as far as my bench for most of the yr as cover until I need to pull out all the tricks and trades at the business end of the yr!

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 14:38

I don't want him on the ground either. He's absolutely in case of emergency break glass!

Chris · 25/03/2015 at 13:25

KingBlue – McIntosh considered a tall??? Have you watched the Richmond games and the role he has been playing?? Certainly hasn't been as a KP player. In reality has been plating a very fantasy friendly sweeping role getting well up the ground.

KingBlue14 · 25/03/2015 at 13:54

Tall as in he would have to come in for a tall not necessarily the role he plays, although I forgot about Newman being out with his heart problem!

shezza · 25/03/2015 at 18:58

He will play half back flank or wing a la Newman’s role. He is a lock

Deeman · 25/03/2015 at 12:28

Is having T.Mitchell at M7 and Cripps at 8, spending too much $ in the mids? Or should Mitchell only be picked in Fwd line?

Why isn’t anybody talking about Langford?
Established himself in Hawks mid last year , scored well this pre season. Think he is a big chance of a break out year , a contested ball winning beast

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 12:32

Mitchell should be in the Fwd line, no it is not spending too much. Langford could breakout, then he may not, too hard to pick breakouts and with value in the mids there are more reliable options.

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 13:00

Seeing Mitchell as the sub in the last couple of games has me concerned. I've abandoned the idea of him. If you are taking him put him in the FWD line. Don't waste a precious mid spot of him.

dizzle · 25/03/2015 at 13:16

which combo..
Jacobs/Salem
Z.Smith/T.Mitchell?

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 13:37

Jacobs & Salem all day.

shezza · 25/03/2015 at 18:59

Agreed

James · 25/03/2015 at 13:59

Come on dizzle you can answer that one pal!

Owen · 25/03/2015 at 14:33

No brainer.
    The Double S – Sauce and Salem over the Double Z's – Zac and Zero-time-Mitchell!!

dannyyboyy · 25/03/2015 at 18:13

u know it owen!

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 13:19

Would appreciate some advice.

Currently running
3 0 3
6 0 2
2 0 0
3 0 3

I have 220k left. I am very happy with all my premo's, so need to spend any of the 220k on them. I am also assuming ASADA hits Ess with some bans, so have a few Ess rooks scattered

Option 1 Vandenburg to Wallis (Wallis at M7) – preferring Wallis over Wells and Rich
Option 2 Def Rook (McIntosh) upgrade to KK
Option 3 Downgrade R2 to Hickey – Def rook(Brown or Dalgleish) to Gibson (for Gaz upgrade)
Option 4 Downgrade R2 to Hickey – Vandenburg to Neale (M7 for Gaz upgrade) Or Judd, if I want to follow Lekdog
Option 5 Downgrade R2 to Hickey – Fwd rook (Langford ess) to Bennell (F4 for Gaz upgrade)

The Hickey option is for 5 weeks only. Intend to upgrade to Premo Ruck after 5. this is based on his first 5 weeks opponents (Mumford (GWS), Clarke (Suns), Grundy (Coll), Warnock (Carl), Giles (Ess) )

@SeanySamp · 25/03/2015 at 14:45

I reckon option 2 mate.
    Having a midpricer in Wallis at M7 is too deep in my opinion.
    I don't think Hickey will score that well, but if you reckon he will, I would pick option 3 out of the "Hickey" options. The defensive rookies are very thin, so I reckon having 1-2 on the field is the ideal amount.

keenbutclueless · 25/03/2015 at 15:06

Many thanks for your input. Much appreciated.

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 13:26

Don't mind your team at all Lek. I also worked my way back to G & R. In fact we have exactly the same structure & almost the exact same rookies. We differ on premos. Too much uncertainty over the mid pricers. And decided to go for max cash gen. Seems you have gone the same way.

Holty · 25/03/2015 at 13:34

I maybe over thinking this Lekdog, but I'm keeping well away from Beams and Griffin. Griffin has only proven in 1 year he can average 110+. If you are upgrading him at some point, he wont make you a lot of money.
Beams is a gun and yes, he will average huge numbers, but it is a lot of money to pay for someone who has never played a full season in his career. If he manages to play 19 games this season, I'll be filthy I didn't pick him but he has proven he struggles to stay fit for the season

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 13:45

My only knock on Beams as well Holty. He just doesn't play the whole season. Well certainly not 3 of the last 4 years. I'm looking at blokes that constantly play 20+. I'm taking Griffen over Beams. Grif played 19 last season. The previous 6 seasons 20+.

gareth · 25/03/2015 at 13:42

would love some advice on my team – I had rocky but nervous of the 'more time up fwd' comments from the weekend:

DEF: Shaw,Lumumba,Higgins,KK,Saad,N.Brown – bench: K,Mcintosh,Oxley

MID: Ablett,Fyfe,Selwood,Beams,Griffin,Neale,Newton,Cripps – Bench: Vandeburg,Ellis-Yoleman,Krakourer

RUCK: Mumford,Bellchambers – Bench: Cox

FWD: Gray,Martin,Bennell,Salem,Hogan,Clark – Bench Lambert,Lamb

$6,500 in the bank

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 14:58

Neale isn't much chop. Send him down to a rookie like Issac Heeney. Use that cash to turn Lumumba & Higgins into footballers. Suggest Newnes & James Kelly. TBC at r2 is dangerous. I see Lycett as a better option that TBC.

James · 25/03/2015 at 13:57

Lek dog don't mind it at all! Throws my mind into confusion. I like the approach of fallen premiums in the mids rather than trying to predict who will have a breakout season, much like tattslotto these days although I can see Wines being the Parker of 2015 if not better. I need some advice on this debate im having with myself. Beams and Danger OR Rockliff and Wines?

Redgumwon · 25/03/2015 at 19:08

Why not go with Beams & Wines? I have both Wines & Danger in my side

cow roll · 25/03/2015 at 20:03

i think he mentioned somewhere he doesn't think Wine will average $600k so he's not a keeper. i have Wines in my team and think he'll do better than Beams.

I think Danger is a good pick as he longer has nagging type of injuries.
      Some Adelaide fans are certain Danger will leave the club due to the big pay packets being offered. I'm not sure of the implication on this but if i were Danger I will not put myself into contest as much, for the fear of a long term injury. Also the coach might give more midfield time to players who would stay in the club.

NateCrows · 25/03/2015 at 13:59

Not bad, i reckon you need to squeeze in another cheap D5 who will 100% play. McIntosh not likely
Port has one of the hardest first 5, better off going to gray at the bye?

I agree with not having ablett. But how much $$$ do we need if we are upgrading the mid pricers such as newton, wells, VB etc. I know wells costs a bit more.
I'm thinking without going in with Ablett. You will need him for Round 3 minimum.
So, hopefully his price drops fast and he's ~ 650k i reckon you will need 200-300k in the bank

Since the Ablett sitch I have slightly changed my strategy.
running with:
D – Murphy, Yarran, Newnes, Higgins, Brown, Saad
M- Fyfe, Priddis, Dangerfield, Griffen, Well's, C.Pearce, cripps, CEY
R- Maric, Goldy
F- Bartel, Bennell, Swan, T Lynch (adelaide), Salem, Clark

rookies to change. based on Rnd1 selections. Have 255k in the bank with 13 Keepers. Not sure on Captains Yet…
C. Pearce to goto Ablett in round 3

Thoughts?

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 14:21

When & not if GAJ finds form how do you get him quick. 200-300k in the bank in round one is painful. Don't think I can do it. And it's a trade as well (maybe 2). It will be such a dilemma & compromise when it's time to jump on. Saving myself the headache. Named in round 1 just grab him. Agree with your assessment on Gray. Come the byes he will be a priority pick up.

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 14:47

Nate I will be exceedingly surprised if 1 of your 4 backs are keepers. If you think you need ablett by round 3, i would agree with INP, start with him.

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 14:53

Yarran & Higgins will do your head in. Not sold on Bob Murphy. Think James Kelly or Heath Shaw are much better picks.

NateCrows · 25/03/2015 at 15:09

Im not sold on any backs. That's the problem.
      I know it's a risk not getting Ablett rn1 but if you can snag him for 100k less in rn3 with a moderate input in 1-2 it's a win.
      also a risk. Not certain on anyone in my current team to capt in his spot. And, if you do have him isn't it more of a risk to put the C on him.

General Soreness · 25/03/2015 at 15:42

Ablett needs to go at 94pts or less to be $100K cheaper at the end of Round 4.
        He needs to go at an average of 63 or less to be $100K cheaper at the end of round 3. Will you be looking to bring him in if he averages 63 for the first three rounds?
        If he goes at 94 average to round 6-7 you will be able to pick him up around $570K-$580K, this is where people should be aiming.
        At at more probable 105 average he will dip under $600K about round 8.

Sarah · 26/03/2015 at 10:27

I love the Tom Lynch pick!!! He's way underpriced!!

zeesus · 25/03/2015 at 14:27

Anyone considered Luke Dunstan (STK)?

I N Pieman · 25/03/2015 at 14:40

Monstrous POD. Absolutely no chance of making my team. Will be a very good player, but he's far too expensive this year.

PJ8 · 25/03/2015 at 15:23

Nice team Lek, exact same structure as myself. Just a few different players.

Murphy>M. Johnson
Beams>Rockliff
Parker>JPK
Griffen>Fyfe
Judd>Rookie
Bartel>Deledio
Swan>Martin

@SeanySamp · 25/03/2015 at 15:35

Great insight Lekdog, I don't agree with the 5 defensive rookies (don't think 5 will even play Rd 1), but we can't all have the same teams!

Keen for a high quality Ultimate Footy or Supercoach Draft league to join. Wondering if someone in the community has a spot open in their league? Really appreciate it!

Mick Klavins · 25/03/2015 at 15:37

get rid of Judd and someone for Gaz

LEKD0G · 25/03/2015 at 16:33

haha Judd is in my team for an emergency jump to Gaz, didn't accidentally switch the two :p

Mac · 25/03/2015 at 16:14

I want a D4. I currently have Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Lumumba, Goodes, Edwards, Saad, Goddard.
I have a couple of options.
1. Downgrade Lumumba to a mid pricer like KK (Thumper)
2. Downgrade to a rookie like Hamling
3. Get someone else around his price range like Adcock, Higgins.
4. Downgrade Goodes to a rookie and upgrade Lumumba to Simpson or someone around that price range.
5. I just stick with the Prince and hope he can score some bloody points!

Thoughts please

Kevi · 25/03/2015 at 16:58

You may be forced into number four if Goodes is not upgraded to the senior list. If you're comfortable playing 2 rookies downgrade Prince to Hamling, otherwise go with KK

Barney · 25/03/2015 at 16:24

Great team Lekdog. Same structure as my team. We have a lot of players the same but no Judd for me at this stage. If Goodes plays will have him at D4. At this stage no Ablett-very undecided about him like everyone I suppose. Good luck to you and everyone

samenglish · 25/03/2015 at 17:39

Gday Community
Wondering your thoughts on my team

Def:

Swan
Salem
Clarke
Lambert
Hogan

Donavan · 25/03/2015 at 18:49

I like the team, you bat deep in the forward-line, but all good choices, not sure about Brown in defence, and the midfield has plenty of value with Griffin/Cripps and rookies likely to appreciate quickly.

Im a little concerned however about you having no rucks…lol

Damian · 25/03/2015 at 17:57

Good evening community – please help a brotha out!

I'm down to the final decision and would appreciate any insight/advice you may have. All are welcome.

I'm down to 1 Mid and 1 Fwd combo. These are as follows:

Newton (Mids) + Bont (Fwd): Pro's – additional cash saved to swing in rookie bolters. Newton will be an early cash cow. CONS – Bont will cop a tag and I'm not sure how he'll cope. Key players also missing from Doggies that would have helped his game. Expecting highs and lows with Bont's scores.

Rich (Mids) + Jack Martin (Fwd): Pro's – Rich is a proven gun. Loves to kick more than handball and has a high DE%. Love a good fallen premium. CONS – Haven't seen Martin in the NABs. With the uncertainty surrounding Gaz, this may impact on his role and fluctuate his score. Similar to Bont, expecting high and low scores.

Please leave me your two cents worth (before Joe Hockey takes it).

Cheers and thanks in anticipation.

Donavan · 25/03/2015 at 18:45

Of the 2 selections I would favor the Newton & Bont combination.

I share your opinions on both Newton & Bont, and for that reason think there must be other alternatives to Bont at his price. So I would go Newton & someone other than Bont (but at roughly the same value). All depends on who you already have in your team.

Damian · 25/03/2015 at 19:12

Thanks Donavan – all the best with your team and season 🙂

Mac · 25/03/2015 at 18:45

Thoughts on my team? I'm not sure wether I need a player that I can trade up to Ablett in my midfield, like Judd, as Lekdog has done.

Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Lumumba, Goodes, Edwards, Saad, Goddard
Pendlebury, Selwood, Beams, Parker, Griffin, Newton, Cripps, Vandenberg, Ellis-Yolmen, Miller, Krakouer
Mumford, Goldstein, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Lambert, Hogan, Steele.

As I said, not sure wether I need a need a midfield player like Judd to trade up to Gaz when he gets fully fit and firing. Also, not too sure on Lumumba. I can generate money by trading Goodes down to someone like Hamling if I need to.

Thoughts?

samenglish · 26/03/2015 at 10:20

With goodes being on the rookie list and being generally inconsistent, I would suggest getting him out and playing saad on the field and bringing in McIntosh
    Use the 120k to uprade say newton to a Daniel wells or Daniel rich

mase · 26/03/2015 at 15:57

I like it, sometimes ya gotta go with ya gut

Corey · 25/03/2015 at 18:51

do u reckon tom rockliff will have a good year

FootyFanatic · 25/03/2015 at 21:12

Yes, but not as good as last year!

qsz · 25/03/2015 at 18:57

Why all the hype around Judd when Sam Mitchell is the exact the same price.
Mitchell is both more consistent and better value in my opinion coming off his injury effected year making him currently undervalued for his proven scoring abilities
Reckon he could be a nice POD and a quick stepping stone to GAZ if need be

mase · 26/03/2015 at 15:55

flip of the coin really

Spangle · 25/03/2015 at 21:52

Don't mind it Lekdog, good to see a strong deviation from cookie cutter selections. Interesting that you've gone Griffen in this team after talking up and locking in Swallow previously. What changed your mind?

LEKD0G · 26/03/2015 at 10:14

Always was going to have Griffen, Judd actually took Swallows position and that's just because in the pre-season his points per minute were higher than Swallow's also concerned about the amount of players being rotated through the midfield at North. Should be good for Goldy (averaged 113 with Swallow in the team) but maybe not for their midfielders. I also think it'll be easier to part with Judd and trade him to Gaz than it would be with Swallow.
    One final thing, Swallow is still very much a player that will cop attention at North but Judd has lost that I feel, attention goes to Murphy or Gibbs before him.

LEKD0G · 26/03/2015 at 10:11

He was definitely considered, I think Hawthorn's deep team scares people off. I just went off some stats that put Judd slightly ahead personally.

mase · 26/03/2015 at 15:54

similar team as mine,u have Parker & Selwood / I have JPK & Fyfe etc etc i've changed my team at least 50 times already in the past 8 weeks but since I let go of Gaz I feel that apart from the 3 rooks in defence I am really happy with the team, my only possible change barring injury would be to swap out Edwards from def & replace with Goodes, I have $93,000 in the kitty from the "Gaz removal fiasco"
may the force be with you (us)

Ethan · 26/03/2015 at 21:40

Lekdog, thoughts on b.goodes and k.jaksch?

LEKD0G · 27/03/2015 at 00:21

Worried Jaksch might play too much of a key position role but Goodes I like if he gets upgraded

Dean · 26/03/2015 at 22:12

Thanks for sharing your team. In February, you posted an article saying Andrew Swallow will “absolutely” make your starting line up. Any reason why he missed out?

LEKD0G · 27/03/2015 at 00:17

Yeah look he just missed out at the last minute, was in my team until literally a day before I posted it. If Gary was in my team I would have selected Swallow but as a smokey M8. As it stands I want a bloke I can easily trade up to Gazz and based on points per minute Judd is that man, I'd want to hold Swallow too much I think where as I'm happy to dump Juddy sooner rather than later

tgrims · 27/03/2015 at 08:01

So you have a rookie for 123k who will most likely score 80ppg but don't even have him on the ground. While in defence and the forwardline you have a couple who will be lucky to score 50..
In a word: Unbalanced

Joey · 27/03/2015 at 22:43

Would love some feedback Jock Nation:

DEF: Shaw, Jaensch, Newnes, Lumumba, N. Brown, Saad- bench: Oxley, Hamling

MID: Pendlebury, Fyfe, Selwood, C. Ward, J.Lewis, J.Stevens, Cripps, Heeney – Bench: Ellis-Yoleman, Freeman, T.Miller

RUCK: Goldstein, Maric – Bench: Read

FWD: Martin, Swan, Bellchambers, T. Menzel, Clark, Hogan – Bench Lambert, C. Daniel

Much appreciated in advance