OK community, we’re trying something a little different here. We love our community members and the wonderful content they give us in the comments so this time YOU get to write the review!!!
Write up some player reviews from the GWS v Sydney match in the comments below and we’ll whack ’em up in this post, best of all we’ll credit whoever submits a successful review. You’ll have your name in print!
- Stephen Coniglio (MID $448,800) After another solid performance in the nab challenge, the young Giants gun could be set for a big season. With 90 points against the Swans Coniglio could be a bit of a POD selection in terms of mid-pricers. The Giants are set to grow as a team with Coniglio expected to spend a lot more time in the midfield. I expect him to have a great year this year and breakout. Locked away at m6 in my midfield. – Jake R
- Heath Shaw (DEF $497,800) If you’ve got him at D1 you’ll be feeling bloody confident going into the H&A season. Another solid performance of 110 and looks to be every bit of the top 6 defender Jock and the boys said he would be. – Marco_Polo94
- Ryan Griffen (MID $530,700) Absolutely locked into my side. He might have only scored 94, but with a tag and bustling about in the midfield with Sydney’s onballers, his stats look very good. – Patch
- Phil Davis (DEF $319,600) Could be one hell of a POD now that he’s been healthy for a while and got a real preseason under his belt. 114 Supercoach points. – Luke
- Jeremy Cameron (FWD $303,700) Kicked a lazy 5 and licking his lips at the silver platter service from the midfield. – SCOTLAND THE BRAVE
- Cam McCarthy (FWD $210,700) Another solid if unspectacular outing, if named rd 1 he might find his way onto my bench. – hellborndemons
- Shane Mumford (RUC $613,700) Might of shaken some of the thousands of owners he has gripped on too after the draw was released. Up against a full strength Swans side, and stood up as GWS big man controlling the ruck. 71 SC points, and looks set to start the real thing. Set to dominate this season, as the 1st choice ruck option. Bloody good set and forget. Lock him in Eddie! – tommyc
- Isaac Heeney (MID $137,300) Another strong showing from the Bondi Blondie should see him locked into all midfield benches. Played a largely outside role, but made the most of his opportunities when they came, picking up 12 disposals (83.3% D.E), taking four marks, laying five tackles and sinking two majors. Vest is and has always been a worry, but a strong showing in a full strength Sydney side makes Heeney an absolute lock for all midfield benches. – Jordo
- Tom Mitchell (FWD/MID $$405,600) Had a decent showing with 68 points from 56% TOG. Solid option but may not get enough games to warrant his selection in your starting team. – Tyler
- Luke Parker (MID $583,000) Has been locked in my team as a PoD for a couple of weeks now. People will shy away because he isn’t DPP but stuff that he is still going to knock out big scores all year. 108 for today. – Marco_Polo94
- Lance Franklin (FWD $537,200) Didn’t get a run at it today but it was not his fault, but going into Rd 1 without much to show and a potential concussion is not helpful. – hellborndemons
- Craig Bird (FWD $472,700) Match Winner. Wasn’t at his best today, nor his worst. Played mostly up FWD, where you expect him to play this season. Tom Mitchell is now pushing him for his birth in RD1, and will add pressure on the Bird Man. At his price, he shouldn’t warrant a selection. – tommyc