We were delivered another joke game today community. This is why we can’t trust the NAB Challenge. Dusty dominated the game utterly destroying Port Adelaide’s AusKick team.
I don’t know what to say really community so I’ll just let my notes do the talking…
Absent Best 22:
Richmond: Newman, Cotchin
Port Adelaide: Port Adelaide
- Reiwoldt, Jack (FWD $450,800) Found himself at some centre bounces as well as up forward. Looked very mobile but kicked just the one goal. Seemed to play team-first football today. Not really what I want in my Supercoach team but who knows, he could be this years Bruyn manoeuvre.
- Martin, Dustin (FWD/MID $534,900) was dominant today. Kept up his form from 2014 and looked untouchable. 150 Supercoach points says he’ll find his way into a lot of teams. Played mostly midfield but also pushed forward and was very effective. We’ve almost got too many option up forward now.
- Deledio, Brett (FWD/MID $553,300) took it a little slow today, still had 20 disposals but couldn’t find the goals kicking 2 behinds. Still looks like a solid choice but Dusty may have nudged him out of contention for our starting sides today. Just 77 Supercoach points.
- Lambert, Kane (FWD/MID $102,400) just the 12 touches but I like him. Pushing for elevation and if he gets it lock him into our sides. Kicked a goal but who didn’t today?
- Edwards, Shane (FWD/MID $455,700) yet another forward/midfielder who played well today. 19 touches and 2 goals, looks geared up for a good year. Don’t think he is Supercoach relevant given the blokes he lines up next to in Martin ad Deledio. 129 Supercoach points.
- Lennon, Ben (FWD $180,400) 13 touches today. looked lively but with Salem at the same price I don’t think we can select him.
- Maric, Ivan (RUC $535,900) looked great today, people who have selected him at this stage will be happy. 90 Supercoach points and looked like he was taking it easy. Shaping up to be a good selection this year.
- Vlastuin, Nick (DEF/MID $363,200) is an interesting player. Has the potential to break out as a midprice defender but Richmond have so many similar players. Might be worth rolling the dice down back and grabbing him but he’s unlikely to finish top 10 in defence. 20 touches today.
- Hunt, Taylor (DEF 290,300) is another player who kicks more than handballs, had a very good game today. 19 disposals (14 kicks) and a goal. Yet another awkward price defender who could make you 50k but probably isn’t worth a selection. If he has another game like today I’ll have to pull apart his game and make some graphs.
- Houli, Bachar (DEF $447,400) is my favourite defensive option at the Tigers. Had 26 disposals and 7 rebound 50’s. I always flirt with putting him in my team and maybe this year is the year to do it. Looked very good out there. Don’t think he will be a bad selection.
- McIntosh, Kamdyn (DEF 123,900) put his hand up today. 15 disposals and 4 inside 50’s. He might be an answer to our backline woes. If named in round one should be a solid pick. Tried hard and worked hard, I think Richmond will reward that.
Port Adelaide Performances:
Not much to write about here, reserves side was woeful and is no reflection of what we will see in 2015
- Stewart, Paul (FWD $261,200) was one of the few Port players who showed up. Had 21 disposals and 7 marks. Another awkwardly priced forward, not worth considering at this stage.
- Mitchell, Kane (FWD/MID $369,800) was very good today, butchered the ball a bit but had 26 disposals (13 by hand and 13 by foot) and 4 clearances. Might be worth a look at in a midprice madness team otherwise he’s not Supercoach relevant.
- Broadbent, Matthew (DEF $440,800) is what I call a good-ordinary footballer. Nothing special but gets the job done. Well today he got the job done and should be on peoples radars for a midpriced defender. Has burnt people in the past but this could be the year he secures a high 80’s average every week.
- Krakouer, Nathan (FWD/MID $106,900) is probably the best news out of Port’s match today. Had 78 Supercoach points and looked good in defence. 6 rebound 50’s and 9 kicks looked good. If he get’s elevated lock him in.
- Wagner, Johann (MID $102,400) looked a little lost today. Turns out playing TV football and AFL are a little different. Had 4 disposals and was effective with his 1%ers. Not likely to get a real gig any time soon.
- Amon, Karl (MID $123,900) looked very nice for his 18 disposals. Ran through the guts and got 2 clearances to go with 2 inside 50’s. Could be a sneaky little bench option here if he can break into the best 22. If he does he is vest risk.
Over to you community, who did I miss and what did you think of the game?