NAB Supercoach Significance Report – NMFC v HAW
Gibson played loose in defense all game. Lake and Frawley took Waite and Dish. He got the ball at will, intercepted and rebounded with ease. 24 touches at a remarkable 96% DE. Gibson had 15 kicks, 5 marks, 5 R50’s, 3 tackles, 2 i50’s and a Supergoal; if you don’t mind!
No clangers either. All-in-all a solid performance and one we MUST consider – especially now that Frawley is there to take the 2nd big man.
Simply, if Gibson plays free, he will ton up. High on my radar.
Missing from best 22:
Other Significant Performances:
- Jed Anderson (141k MID): Played a majority of the game on a forward flank. Still got 17 disposals at 70%. 10 handballs though. Took a couple of marks. If he can shirk the vest, he’s a great mid bench option. I did notice him getting his back worked on a fair bit – may need to watch out for that, or it could have just been a cramp.
- Jordan Lewis (588k MID): Played at half pace for most of the game and still racked them up. Seriously considering as an M5/6. 29 Disposals at 76% DE. 4 marks, 2 clearances, 3 rebound 50’s and 2 inside 50’s. Not bad first up run I think.
- Andrew Swallow (500k MID): 24 touches at 62% DE. 6 tackles and a goal. 5 inside 50’s. Looked rusty early, but as the game progressed he started to get going. 6 Clangers weren’t great, most of which came in the first half. I can see him making his way into a few more sides though. Provides serious value as an M6/7
- Jack Ziebell (449k FWD/MID): Only 17 touches, but got 8 clearances and 7 inside 50’s. needs to work more on his efficiency. 53% DE isn’t anything to write home about. If he can fix this up a bit, may be a decent PoD FWD pick.
- Sam Mitchell (490k MID): Started really well and faded a bit later in the game. 21 touches at 67% efficiency not bad. 8 inside 50’s and 2 rebound 50’s. Didn’t play to full capacity. Blew the cobwebs out.
- Ben Jacobs (258k DEF): 20 Touches off half back, 70% efficiency. 5 rebound 50’s and 2 inside 50’s. Ben used it well; did seem rushed a few times. But at 258k, could provide some value.
- Aaron Black (313k FWD): Don’t consider. Key position & absolute spud (in Supercoach terms). 4 touches at 50% efficiency. Played a full game too. NO.
- Cryil Rioli (497k FWD): Did a few flashy things. Ran, jumped – looked ok. Didn’t really do too much to write home about. 7 touches. Subbed at half time. Did get 7 tackles however!
- Jarrad Waite (491k FWD): Plain and simple. 6 touches, 1 goal. Got another report. Seems not to have changed at all.
- Jono O’Rourke (206k MID): Played a full game, didn’t do too much to excite. 11 touches at 82% DE. 2 goals. Better rookies at a cheaper price in my opinion. If he gets a game, he’ll be vested I think.
- Jamie Macmillan (271k DEF): Didn’t set the world on fire, but didn’t stink either. Saw a few glimpses of awesome, but also saw nothing. 14 touches at 85% efficiency was great. He had a couple of rebound 50’s, 3 inside 50’s and 2 tackles. A meh game really. Not worth 271k. If he was a rookie, he’d be a good get. But at that price, needs to show a lot more for mine. NO.
- Isaac Smith (488k MID): Was subbed off with a corky and 9 disposals.