NAB Supercoach Significance Report – HAW v COLL
Jed Anderson puts his hand up for Hawthorn
Yep – Hawthorn ended up trotting out with a reserves team but you can’t deny Jed Anderson (MID $141K) accolades for a robust performance this evening.
And while Hawthorn was missing a huge slab of its engine room – it must be said that Mr Anderson has done his chances for a round one berth no harm. He was quick. He was crisp. He was damaging. He racked up 26 possessions (17 of them kicks at 76% efficiency) on his way to a trouser stretching 109 Supercoach points
Now community. Yes – he looked bloody good. But I feel the need to provide you a poem based warning:
“Come and listen to a story about a kid named Jed.
Looked bloody good tonight but don’t let that get to your head
Looks a round 1 chance based on the game that we just viewed
But when Hodge, Lewis, Rioli, Smith and Puop come in his round 1 possie could be screwed.”
Having deployed my poem (thank you).. in all honesty at this stage I’d have him in the gun for a round 1 start off a wing.
Other significant performances:
- Number 5 draft pick Jordan De Goey (COLL MID $202K) will be a star. Lined up at a ton of centre bounces and looks ready for a round 1 start for mine. Just the 12 possessions but showed enough to prove to me he belongs at this level. I’m not telling you to lock him in at this price – we need to see a lot more of him when the big boys come out to play.
- Patrick Karnezis (COLL FWD $133K) was very good – but needed to be in tonight’s young team. Playing for his career and I’d like to see a lot more before becoming aroused pre round 1. He snagged 3 goals, touched it the 15 times and took home 96 Supercoach points.
- We were all keen to see Nathan Freeman (COLL MID $124K) and while he looked crisp enough his performance was nothing to write home about. Look forward to looking at him next round.
- Tom Langdon (COLL $381K DEF) looked very much the general across half back and racked up 92SC
- Sam Mitchell (HAW $490K MID) waltzed around the half backline and did as he pleased without any attention.
- Travis Varcoe (COLL $357K) scratched around all night – especially early – like a concussed and agitated chook. Early days – but he’ll feel the pressure to perform at Collingwood after tonight
- Moneybags James Frawley (HAW DEF $418K) is not Supercoach relevant but flopped around the joint as if he’d come straight off the 3pm bus from Nimbin.
Over to you community – what significance did you extract from the game?