Ockers StatsHere’s something HUGE from a treasured member of the Jock Community… a SIGNIFICANT BEAST of a Supercoach stats Excel spreadsheet!

The offline research tool of the season… (along with The Higginator!)

A few quick notes before we hear from the great man Ocker;
Over to Ocker!

NEWS: JOCK COMMUNITY MAJOR SPONSORSHIP DRIVE CLOSES END OF FEB! CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

Hello Community,

Ladies and gentlemen, I have prepared a spreadsheet of a complete list of players and their scores per round, Prices, Clubs, and Positions covering the last 4 years as well as adding this year’s players, Prices, Change of clubs and Positions etc. (4079 data entries!)

The idea of this is to help those of you who do not keep your own stats and some that do but do not have it in this easy to use format and make it very easy to research a player so that you can see a player’s progression over this period of time and help you form an opinion and make your decision on selections a bit easier.

It is also to help everyone decide for yourselves if a player is over or under priced and hopefully it will help you identify the next breakout player or two as well. You can also compare the guns or anyone you like by putting a tick next to their name and it will give you a comparison of players on the one page which I believe makes it so much easier to do your research.

You can sort any column you like in any order and even look for player in a certain position and price range by (Number Filters, Greater than or Equal to etc) EVERY column gives you options.

The formulas behind the sheet should give bang on figures.. for instance – where a player can play a game and score zero or even have a minus score it will still give you an accurate average for that third of the season.

Example: Jack Riewoldt in 2011 scored a big fat zero in round 2 and DID play that game. So his score for that game must be included in his average. (The formula used takes that into consideration as it does for minus scores)

I truly wish everybody a successful Super-coach season. If you have any questions I am only too happy to respond. I believe this spreadsheet should make it easier to find those elusive players and save trades if you can identify the right players in the first place. I must also mention that I am self taught in Excel so don’t pick on me Ha Ha.

Looking forward to helping anyone I can again this year and a big thank you to everyone who appreciated my Options and Opinions last year.

Cheers,
Old Ocker.

DOWNLOAD OCKER’S INCREDIBLE STATS SPREADSHEET HERE

OR HERE FOR THE OPEN OFFICE FOR MAC VERSION (.ods file)

BUY YOUR JOCK REYNOLDS PRESEASON MAGAZINE

JOIN CLUB JOCK

throttlefinger · 13/02/2015 at 00:06

Bow to you, Ocker! Thanks for sharing this bad boy with the community. It will DEFINITELY be an asset for this preseason.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 01:36

Thanks throttle,
    I worked hard to try and get this complete to give people as much time as possible to study pre-season.
    Hopefully it evens the field a bit for those that don't have the time that I do for collating stats,
    I am sure you will appreciate having the 2015 addition so that you can see this years prices and positional changes at the same time.

Thanks for your support mate.

ally · 15/02/2015 at 15:10

awesome job

OldOcker · 20/02/2015 at 22:31

Thank you ally I hope you enjoy and it helps you in success this year.

MajorPlumbs · 13/02/2015 at 00:22

Much love for this, the community will love this!!!

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 01:38

Thanks Major, It gives me great pleasure to be able to help people when I can. I hope this tool helps everybody.

jockreynolds · 13/02/2015 at 00:25

I – may – have had just a little bit of wee come out.

Rick · 13/02/2015 at 00:29

Twas not wee Jock 🙂

Nuggety · 13/02/2015 at 00:49

Mag arrived today Jock woohoo all out of wee! Sorry family, deserting you a little earlier this year..

Gold Rush · 13/02/2015 at 01:29

Pull yourself together Jock.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 01:43

It is always a pleasure to be able to help the best Super-coach Community website there is.
    Thank you Jock for allowing me to share this with the Community, You are a true gentleman.

Cheers Ocker

Conan the Westy · 13/02/2015 at 06:06

I was part way through setting this up for my Grade 6 students with just the 2014 stats and I know how long that data entry takes for that. Brilliant job Old Ocker.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 06:19

Cheers Conan, I hope I have saved you a lot of work mate.
        I have stats that go back a lot further than 2011 but thought you need to be looking at more than 1 or 2 years to be able to judge whether a player is improving or not.
        I can only hope that my health holds up so that I can update it for next year.

Hope your students get a lot of fun out of it. (Of course it is very educational)

Westy · 13/02/2015 at 15:44

You were up early, Conan. Do you reckon you'll beat your Grade 6 students this year?

By the way, e-mail me and I'll put you in a league.

lostlarrikin · 13/02/2015 at 00:27

Kaboom!
Absolute quality there Ocker.
Truly generous.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 01:46

Hi lostlarrikin,
    Not a problem sharing mate, What is the point of creating such a helpful tool and keeping it to yourself?
    This community has always been about helping each other.

Cheers Ocker

Rick · 13/02/2015 at 00:30

This is an awesome tool!

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 01:48

Cheers Rick,
    Thank You, I hope it makes life a bit easier for you mate.

@LekBlog · 13/02/2015 at 00:43

Oh my…it appears my brain has exploded

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 01:50

Information overload LekBlog, Ha Ha. It is really very basic I did not want to confuse people with too many stats at once.
    Hope you enjoy mate.

Cheers, Ocker

Westy · 13/02/2015 at 15:45

thanks OldOcker. Outstanding work!

t_woof · 13/02/2015 at 01:30

Outstanding Ocker!

Entering the data would of taken you a mountain of hours. Appreciate you sharing it with us mate!

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 02:28

Just doing my bit for the community t_woof, I love my Super-Coach and have the time. I get a lot of pleasure from being able to help others.

Gold Rush · 13/02/2015 at 01:30

Thanks OO, the community will be rapt.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 02:33

Thanks Gold Rush, It is looking that way at the moment mate. Only too glad to help if I can.

Wattsieesq · 13/02/2015 at 01:35

What an absolute ball burster. This is brilliant stuff. Heartfelt thanks for sharing your magnificent work Ocker. Cheers

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 02:36

Thanks Wattsie, So glad you like it. Just trying to do my bit for the community and help others that do not have the time to collate stats the way I can.

Norris · 13/02/2015 at 02:54

You should have called this worksheet the Kilt Lifter ! Bloody brilliant Ocker

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 03:29

Cheers Norris, Glad you like it mate.

Cheers Ocker

Chicko · 13/02/2015 at 05:37

Old Ocker old mate, I think I will have to phone my boss and hand back my lay cheque for today. I know what I will be doing for the remainder of the day….weekend….next week…

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 08:38

Hi Chicko, If it is not too late go to work there is plenty of time before the season starts mate. Any decent boss would allow you to have some Super-Coach time at work.
    Keep your check and don't go and get information overload.

Enjoy and I hope it helps you make the right decisions and improves your score.

kevwal · 13/02/2015 at 07:16

Brilliant work Ocker. Looking forward to playing with all these stats. Love stats. The next breakout player is in there somewhere. Thanks again for all the hard work Ocker

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 08:40

Not a problem kevwal, I hope you find that breakout player or 2 or 3.
    All the best for 2015 Super-Coach glory.

Leighroy · 13/02/2015 at 07:31

Cheers ocker the mrs isn’t going to like it but I’m going to love it.

Thanks for sharing all you hard work with the community

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 08:43

Goodaye Leighroy,
    Ha Ha, Your mrs should love it because it should save you a lot of time on research, You have nearly all the information you need in one place.

Cheers, Ocker.

Sarah · 13/02/2015 at 07:37

Amazing Ocker!! This is waaaaay better than my current spreadsheet!! Thank you so much!

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 08:47

Hi Sarah,
    Glad you like it so much it is my pleasure, From memory you started the season very well last year.
    I wish you all the best with keeping it up for the whole of 2015 season.

Sarah · 13/02/2015 at 09:00

Cheers Ocker! I had my best year last year finishing just outside the top 1000.
      Good luck to you too this year!

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 09:18

I will always be in there trying my hardest but the health has not been as good as I would like and will have to go to hospital for another operation so I will miss a couple of weeks at some stage, Probably about the bye rounds unfortunately. I might have to tee someone up to do my team for me when it happens.
        I ended up about the 3,000 mark last year with nearly 3 million sitting on the bench for my 2 main league finals but managed to scrape home in both.

Catch up during the season, Enjoy your research.

Sarah · 13/02/2015 at 13:20

That's no good at all Ocker. Wishing you a speedy recovery and may the person in charge of your team manage it well : )

Ninja · 13/02/2015 at 07:42

Much love and effort went into this.Then… You just casually go and give it to EVERYONE

The love will definitely be returned by the community.

Mate, what a bloody champ

Thanks Ock

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 09:03

Hi Ninja,
    Yes I love my Super-Coach and stats there was considerable love and effort put into this spreadsheet.
    The community has already paid me in the feeling of satisfaction I have when my Options and Opinions I try and help people with are appreciated. A little praise goes a long way sometimes. This is by far the best Community website and I would only put Jocks header on it.
    I ask myself why have such a useful tool and not share it with a beautiful community of Super-Coaches that are only here to help each other. THAT is what this community is in my opinion. I offered it to Jock in the hope that the community would benefit by it and I now have such a great feeling of self satisfaction that it is worth it.

Thanks for the nice comments mate and all the best for the coming year of footy.

Cheers Ocker

chels · 13/02/2015 at 07:46

Fabulous work ocker, very much appreciated

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 09:06

Thank you chels, Not a problem enjoy your research and may the Super-Coach gods shine upon you this year.

@jstorm311 · 13/02/2015 at 09:16

Ocker – what a champion!! Might have to sit at my desk a bit longer until my erection goes down……..

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 09:34

Hi jstorm, Sit at the desk for as long as you need mate there are a lot of stats there.
    You are welcome mate, Enjoy.

Patch · 13/02/2015 at 09:18

My god Ock. I can't fathom how much work went into this. 11/10 for effort. 12/10 for usefulness.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 09:40

Glad you will find it useful Patch, all the best for Super-Coach this year mate
    reading so many positive comments makes the effort worthwhile.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 10:45

Cheers Wombat, Hope you find it useful mate.
I offered this to the community when I approached Jock about freely distributing it, I don't think he would charge under those circumstances..
We are all here to help each other as a community and this is my contribution for those that don't have their own stats. Or find these better than the ones they have themselves.

Cheers mate all the best for 2015 season.

Pentair legends · 13/02/2015 at 11:02

Great detail and thanks heaps.
Quick question for the Old fellas , what is the column "Standard deviation " all about and what is is for ?

General Soreness · 13/02/2015 at 11:16

Standard Deviation is the variance away from the mean or in this case the players SC average. In basic terms if someone has a SD of 20 and a SC average of 85 you will expect them to score in the range of 65 (-20) and 105(+20). The lower the standard deviation the less the average varies, the higher the more it varies.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 11:25

Hi Pentair,
    Standard Deviation is basically an average of the differences between the players highest and lowest scores and is used to gauge a players consistent ability to perform well. The lower the number the more consistent the player is scoring.
    Hope you can understand that. I put that column in because a lot of people like to use it as a guide, Personally I do not take too much notice of that for my own selections.

Hope this has answered your question satisfactorily in terms you understand.

Pentair legends · 13/02/2015 at 11:33

Yep , now I've got it.
      That's the type of crap my boss gives me to look at at work.
      No looking at work BUT will look at yours because it has some benefit for me

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 11:46

Cheers Mate, Enjoy.

medadsson · 13/02/2015 at 11:07

Thanks Old Ocker. A great gesture to share it with others, cheers.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 11:27

Not a problem mate it is my pleasure.

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 13/02/2015 at 11:09

Ocker, mate…

As a stats mad man myself – you have seriously created a tenting issue.
excuse me while I relieve myself…………….

Ok. In all seriousness – MAJESTIC work mate. Truly a masterpiece!

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 11:34

Hi TG, Big thank you for the praise mate it makes the effort truly worthwhile with the sense of satisfaction of helping others in this great community.

Such comments coming from someone like yourself is very satisfying.

Cheers Mate.

General Soreness · 13/02/2015 at 11:12

On the phone to the Prime Ministers Office as we speak!!! KNIGHT THIS MAN!! OldOcker an amazing piece of work and an even more amazing gesture that you are prepared to share it with the community. Brilliant I can only imagine the amount of time this stuff takes to compile.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 11:42

Hi General,
    Thanks for the praise mate it really makes the effort worthwhile and gives me a great sense of satisfaction. I am always here with my Options and Opinions for the community for which I am appreciated for.
    What is the point of keeping this info to myself when we are in a community that helps each other out? I am only too happy to donate it to the community in time for them to study before round 1.

Cheers Mate.

Tman · 13/02/2015 at 11:48

Ocker you little beauty. Just what i needed. cant wait dig my heels into this gem.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 11:52

My pleasure Tman, Enjoy and may the Super-Coach gods shine brightly upon you.

Deadly · 13/02/2015 at 12:41

I dips me lid to you sir, what a great tool you have fathered.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 12:54

Hi Deadly,
    That's funny I said that to one of my boys and he smacked me.

My pleasure mate enjoy your studies.

phil · 13/02/2015 at 13:07

Great stuff Ocker, judging by this masterpiece of work youre obviously very good with numbers and stats….But even better than that from your responses youve come across as humble, modest and a true gentlemen. Youve made alot of peoples weekend better!!!

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 13:21

Hi phil,
    Thanks for the compliments mate, I have made my own weekend a lot better for doing this for the community as well. I am a disability pensioner and it is not hard to get depressed in the situation I am in. Super-Coach and footy are what I love and this is a wonderful community of people willing to share information and give opinions. I get a lot of satisfaction from this site and the people that use it.
    The decision to make this spreadsheet available to all was very easy.
    Hope you enjoy it phil.

Cheers Mate

jockreynolds · 13/02/2015 at 13:36

I'm honored to have an individual of your caliber in our community Ocker. This is genuinely one of the proudest and humbling days I've ever had running this site. Thank you.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 15:54

Hey Jock,
        You have created a community of wonderful people that love Super-Coach and don’t mind giving a bit of time and help to those that need it. You should be very proud of yourself along with the rest of your team.

I appreciate your words and thanks. The spirits are up knowing that I have been able to help by providing these stats and I am rapped at the response that I was not expecting.

I am only one of many that contribute to your site. I am honored to be a part of it and appreciated for what I can do to help your site keep growing.

I must apologize for forgetting to delete Shaun Higgins from the stats so that Crouching and Higgo couldn’t find him. Maybe you could delete him from a copy and send them one each. Ha Ha.
        Crouching must have bought new slippers because they are definitely not talking English.

Cheers Jock.

jockreynolds · 13/02/2015 at 23:01

I suppose for the sake of the numbers you have to keep that bastard in the sheet. Maybe you should rename him to "He Who Should Never Be Considered" or some such

nick · 13/02/2015 at 13:43

Hi Ocker.
Second year supercoacher here, and this will help me unbelievably so. Massive learning curve last year, ready to have a crack in 2015. Thank you so so much for all your efforts.
Love this place.
nick

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 16:04

Hi nick,
    Glad to have you on-board mate, Yes this is the only site to be on for Super-Coach, If you have any questions at all mate you will always find someone on this site with the knowledge to give you the right answer or opinion.
    Thanks for your comment nick I am sure you will learn a lot from just studying the spreadsheet. BUT never be afraid to ask questions mate it is the only way you learn.

Cheers Mate.

I N Pieman · 13/02/2015 at 15:54

My god. Can only begin to imagine how many hours went into that. Your a superstar Ocker. Good bless ya for sharing it.

Dools · 13/02/2015 at 16:12

Hi INP,
    I told you it was very good!
    Well done Double O my ol' mate and Ground Zero instigators i.e. Fridge, Keyboard and Next G are very glad to have you in the League….
    Fridge has extended a Cold One anytime you need to come visit , Keyboard and Next G just want to meet and talk in 1 and zeros, me I want to shake your hand, ply you with beer and tell stories.

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 16:15

Not a problem Itchy hope it helps you out this year with your selections.

Have a good one mate.

T-MAC · 13/02/2015 at 16:01

I hear Fyfe is injured

Tman · 13/02/2015 at 16:13

Sorry Ocks. Is there an issue with the total price change? They dont seem to make sense.

For example, kieran jacks finishing price for 2013 is listed as $480k and for 2014 $482k. Yet the total change is -$118k.

No biggie ofcourse. I will consider this a beauty spot. lol. or am I just misreading this?

Thanks champ

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 17:46

Tman, Please see below for your answer I must have forgotten to hit the reply key.

Cheers Mate

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 16:57

Kieren Jack
2013 $482,700 -$118,700 Starting Price would be $601,400
2014 $480,200 – $109,200 Starting Price would be $589,400

If the Total Price Change has a minus figure you add the 2 together to give you his starting price at the start of the season.
If it is a positive figure you take it away from his finishing price to give you his starting price. As this is what he has gone up from the start of the season.
In 2012 he averaged 112 so the starting price of $601,400 in 2013 would be correct.
If you look at his scores in the last few games he was below his average and he was not meeting his break-even and his price started to drop.

I agree that the figures especially in this case do not look right but I have double checked my backup data and info that I did not put on the stats sheet and all is correct.

I tried not to make the stats sheet too cluttered and confusing. Next year I will try and update it to include the starting price and maybe the finishing break-even as well. (Providing I am still upright next year of course and not worm food)

Hope this helps you out Tman and I have answered your question.
Please let me know if you are still not understanding.

Cheers Mate

Tman · 13/02/2015 at 18:04

You have indeed ocker. :O)

Thank you.

Dan · 13/02/2015 at 17:02

I have 1 million to spend on two mid players. Who should I pick?
My team currently looks like
DEF: Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Seedsmen/Ibbotson, Goddard, Viojo-Rainbow, Newman, Scharenberg
MID: Ablett, Pendles, _____, ______, Selwood, Danger, Heeeny, Boekhorst, Freeman, Steele, Lambert
RUC: Goldy, Leuey, Cox
FWD: Floggard, Dusty, Swanny, Walters, Hogan, Laverde, Krakouer, Daniel.

I did have Fyfe and a rookie, but I hear Fyfe has gone down so looking to fill 2 spots. Was thinking Beams and a rookie, but not sure. Also, who will score more out of Danger and Sloane? Danger can go bigger, but Sloane is more consistent. Who would you pick?

Fourbells · 13/02/2015 at 17:09

Hi Dan,
    There is a lot of time until the season kicks off. I think that Fyfe will be OK by then. Stick to your strategy.

Tman · 13/02/2015 at 18:07

I think Fyfe has a few people worried. Id wait to see the extent of any injuries. But he's definitely prone to shoulder issue. Ollie Wines and A swallow for me stands out around the 500k range.

@emhoy · 13/02/2015 at 18:37

Is it possible to have a version for open office for macs

OldOcker · 13/02/2015 at 19:12

Hi emhoy,
    I only have windows version 7 and office 2010.
    I have tried to save a copy as .ods file (Open Document Spreadsheet) which appears to have worked okay
    if you would like to try it ?
    Drop me an email at
    [email protected]
    and put OCKER SAID in the subject line and I will get back to you ASAP.

@emhoy · 13/02/2015 at 21:45

thanks mate will email

Brook · 13/02/2015 at 22:50

Thanks Old Ocker … What a mountain of work you have put into this! It is a real privilege to be able to isolate defenders who average above 90 with a SD of less than 30 and have played 20 or more games in either 2013 or 2014! And guess who is at the top of the list … Mr SD himself from 2013. Burgoyne and B.Smith from 2014 also make the top 15. This is an amazing tool … Thanks so much!

OldOcker · 14/02/2015 at 09:11

Hi Brook, and Thank You.

It is pretty obvious that I love my stats. Firstly because they do not lie, BUT I have also learned over the years that it is how you interpret the information you can get from them that is most important.

I am glad that you are enjoying them and hope they make it easier for you to select your team.

I like the way you have used them in defense which is in my opinion going to be the hardest line to nail this year until we know what rookies are going to be available.

That is the beauty of having the spreadsheet in a table because you can isolate your search results in so many different ways and down to very few player choices depending on the criteria you wish to use.

Enjoy.

@emhoy · 14/02/2015 at 09:45

I am in stats heaven great stuff Higgo

OldOcker · 14/02/2015 at 10:51

I am very happy it is working for you emhoy,
    I will ask Jock if he can put a link up top for those with Mac Computers.
    I would hate to think that someone could miss out on this spreadsheet.

Thank You for asking about Mac's and I am happy it worked for you.

Cheers.

jockreynolds · 14/02/2015 at 12:22

Done! You're a bloody legend Ock!

Tyler · 14/02/2015 at 13:40

What does everyone think of Ben Griffiths?

Booga80 · 16/02/2015 at 21:44

Wow that's insane
struggling to believe the work you've put into that

Awesome, its like the prospectus without words and you have total controll of who you look at

Blown away. Top job mate

OldOcker · 16/02/2015 at 23:22

Hi Booga80,
    I never looked at it from that point of view mate.
    Glad you like it and hope it helps you out this season.

Cheers Mate