AFL Supercoach Legend Jock Reynolds

Some flogs will tell you that Supercoach in the office reduces business productivity.

What a load of trollop that is. Scientific studies¹ have proven that a robust work fantasy league will in fact increase productivity by upwards of 95%. And I will tell you without any shadow of doubt – a well run office league will do more good for your mob than paying for some overpaid hippy to come in try to get you to bond as a group.

So I’m on the front foot here as many of us get back to work after our Summer breaks. Do the right thing for your workplace. Download our Office Supercoach Advice guide. Pin her up on the wall – and watch your workplace reap the benefits.

CLICK TO DOWNLOAD YOUR OFFICE SUPERCOACH ADVICE GUIDE

Supercoach Office Wall Chart by Jock Reynolds

CLICK TO LOCK IN YOUR JOCK REYNOLDS PRESEASON MAGAZINE

¹ Refer Higginbotham, Peter. “Impacts on Fantasy Sport Within Contemporary Workplace Environs – A Statistical & Cerebral Odyssey of Undeniable Scientific Fact“. 1987

medadsson · 04/01/2015 at 19:32

An interesting paper by Higginbotham, apparently there are still workplace Supercoach sceptics who deny this fact. I can attest to productivity around workplace fridge increasing exponentially post the inaugural Supercoach league in our office (2007). No one works there anymore but we all still play, well most of us, the ones that mattered, not the flogs!

jockreynolds · 04/01/2015 at 19:51

Gday medadsson. Where do these bloody whack jobs who reckon its a distraction at work get this rubbish from is what I want to know. Sometimes I reckon there must be some kind of hidden underworld agendas – money changing hands – to spread ridiculous doubt. Workplaces need to act now.

NumbatsFC · 04/01/2015 at 21:02

I blame middle management. Their analytical skills aren't good enough to progress their own careers or to create a reasonable SC team. Consequently they spend their pitiful lives trying to prevent those of us with actual talent from displaying our superior skills.
      Any manager who doesn't encourage an office SC competition is most probably incompetent and insecure in his job.

jockreynolds · 04/01/2015 at 21:48

Yes. I would go one step further in fact Numbats and suggest that ANY Manager who does not encourage the office Supercoach competition is very likely to be a significant wanker.

medadsson · 05/01/2015 at 13:56

Agreed Jock. Oh for the good old days of Bob Hawke, Bondy the crook and the Americas Cup. This site is my refuge 🙂

The Soothsayer · 04/01/2015 at 21:12

Aaaagh should be impacts OF not impacts ON. All great publications require some review.

James Sykes · 04/01/2015 at 21:18

rule number 1…get the boss on board…….true….. brilliant…

jockreynolds · 04/01/2015 at 21:49

Gday Jimmy! Looking forward to a solid 2015 out of you. One of the best community men getting around – happy new year mate

TOM · 04/01/2015 at 21:26

What are peoples thoughts on Ollie Wines and Jack Newnes?

Chicko · 05/01/2015 at 06:52

Brilliant Jock! Agree, too many high filluting flogs pay scant regard for the marvellous people who invest their lives in supercoach. I'm blowing up the advice chart to be billboard size. Your preseason has been massive mate!

jockreynolds · 05/01/2015 at 08:46

Good man Chicko – can always count on you mate. It's been massive thanks to the exceptional people around the place such as yourself Chicko. I'm very greatful Chicko

@Da_Mad_Irishman · 05/01/2015 at 11:17

Awe there is no greater joy than taking out the office Supercaoch title. We love it in our joint. Boss doesn't play but welcomes the banter come Monday morning when we give it too one another. Just printed out this on an A3 sheet and shes up on the notice board. Office getting excited

For those who don't have a comp in the old office I'd recommend you set one up this year.

jockreynolds · 06/01/2015 at 15:58

Well your Boss is clearly a man who knows what makes this planet spin Micky! I've always believed that the robustness of a workplaces supercoach league is a direct indicator on whether the join ticks – or stinks.

vcloophole · 05/01/2015 at 16:54

Greetings wonderful community. First time poster…get around me great men!!
Jock old mate, this is why I have my own business. I REFUSE to have some peanut in my ear about my lack of productivity during footy season. I just CAN'T cop it.
I shall be presenting Higgo's remarkably well researched report to my better half, and henceforth the other remaining thorn in my SC side will have no choice but to happily allow me to indulge in all things SC, all the time – it's FACT after all that it is indeed a hugely positive influence in all our lives.

I N Pieman · 05/01/2015 at 18:11

Welcome aboard vc loophole. Fantastic words. I couldn’t agree more with you & travelled the same path. We will get around you & don’t be afraid to get more involved. Nobody is wrong in this place. We share a passion. This is a truely tactical game & one that can only enhance ones future prospects.

vcloophole · 06/01/2015 at 13:40

Love the support Pieman, cheers. Makes a wiley old veteran feel welcomed amongst an elite community!

jockreynolds · 06/01/2015 at 15:56

Gday there VC! Welcome mate – I draw you to my bosom on behalf of the community. It has me absolutely bewildered that – in the year circa 2015 – there are still these clowns walking around saying fantasy footy is a bad thing for your workplaces, relationships – all that. If I had my way there'd need to be some kind of national conscription for youths when they hit 12-13 odd. 1 season of mandatory fantasy footy.

Again – delighted to have you onboard mate!

vcloophole · 06/01/2015 at 19:31

This bloke ^ …a gentleman and a scholar! Cheers old mate

jockreynolds · 06/01/2015 at 20:57

Is that you in the pic mate – one eye on the footy while you're fangin in to the mrs?

vcloophole · 07/01/2015 at 14:54

Astute observation Jock!…I believe I was checking the updated weekly rankings late one frosty Sunday, July night…
          I believe the skill, yes the SKILL, of being able to service the missus to her lofty standards, whilst simultaneously keeping a close watch on your SC team can be learned and honed.
          When we finally get Higgo some crumpet, I'd be happy to take him under the wing to teach him the methodology old mate. It's a valuable life lesson that allows one to maintain a happy life balance!

@castlemanj · 06/01/2015 at 13:04

Definitely sticking this up in the breakroom at work… Just moved to a new office, no clue who here plays SC if anyone.

jockreynolds · 06/01/2015 at 15:56

GOOD MAN. Get it up and beat the drum old mate!

General Soreness · 07/01/2015 at 07:14

Will be this months staff training! Brilliant!!