Ever so Dependlebury. The Scott variety.

There is a good reason this man is Dependlebury. In his debut season he played 9 games. In the next 8 seasons he has played 22 games 3 times, 21 twice, 20 twice & 18 once. Only 10 games missed in 8 years. And if you look at the last 4 years he has missed 5 games (4 of those in 2012) & had a combined average of 126.2. Significant as Higgo would say!

I am writing this article to you the fine community on one of Pieman’s favourite days of the year. Having just been through an extremely expensive divorce (supercoach may have been a factor), I just need to win supercoach for the next 19 years to break even. Shazza joins Narelle on the scrapheap. But Shazza has some very deep pockets. 140 years ago the VRC (Victorian Racing Committee) came up with an idea of ladies day in the spring carnival, aka Oaks day & ultimately bloke’s day. Make a day for the ladies & the blokes will follow. And they were right! But since the introduction of Tinder, every day is Oaks day for the Pieman & I don’t need to go. So I can sit back & punt with a filly from home.

The Magpies skipper had a pretty ordinary season by his lofty standards. A back injury he carried through the 2nd half of the season sort of took its toll. If an average of 124.5 from 21 games is not great, then you must be a superstar we all expect the almost ridiculous from. And from Pendles we do. Having analysed Joel Selwood 22 games & 120+ avg, this is part 2 of my Dependlebury Midfield.

There is a very good reason why we see Ablett & Pendlebury as absolute must haves for our sides. They both possess a skill that few if any other players in the competition have. And it translates to elite SC scoring status. Both can get the ball in extremely heavy congestion surrounded by mega fit athletes & make them look like witches hats. It’s kind of like they have 12 eyes around their heads. As soon as they get the ball they know exactly which direction to go to & create 5 meters of space instantly & then they dash off & hit a target. It’s just as simple as that. The only choice you have is to put a tagger on them with eyes only for the player. And guess what, eyes for the player means free kicks & more points for owners. Tagging the absolute elite players is a tough gig.

Taking the one eyed blinkers off I think the space creation skill is Pendles best asset. And for mine he can do it better than Abblett, just. But that’s the end of the comparisons; what Abblett can’t do can’t be done. At the peak of his powers Juddy could do the impossible. He was so quick he didn’t need the eyes in the back of the head & he could run straight & so fast he was rarely stoppable. But the fast twitch fibers don’t last forever. Mercurial vision lasts longer.

There is some cause for concern for Pendles in 2015. His trusty centre bounce buddy Beams is gone. And Beams used to regularly attract the tag. So does that mean the focus is 100% on Pendles. Well unless Swanny can recapture past form it probably does. Regardless it’s not like he wouldn’t be used to it. Keep in mind that Beams missed almost all of 2013 & Pendles averaged almost 127 per game. Finally what Swanny really dealt with in 2014 has been revealed. How could such an awesome player drop off so quickly? Botched surgeries & other problems & probably Fwd status says people watch this space. He could be back.

2015 Price: $668,800 (GAJ, Pendles & Selwood) will cost the farm
2015 Position: MID
Games last season: N/A
Average last season: 124.5
100+ games last season: 19 of 21
Sub 80 games last season: 0 (lowest score of 88 in rnd 23) other sub 100 was 93
Price range last season: $583 – $695K
Missed games last season: N/A
Significant history: The boys picked in front of him in the 2005 draft were Murphy, Thomas, Ellis & JJK. At pick 5 he was the number 1 draft pick that year.

CLICK HERE FOR ALL OF OUR SUPERCOACH 2015 PLAYER PREVIEWS

It’s funny Carlton could have had Selwood & Pendles. Instead they took Murphy & Gibbs. Who would you rather have? And if they didn’t cheat the system add Goddard & Wells also in the line-up. Sorry Baggers…. With Juddy, what an era that could have been! HA

Risk Factor

Not a great deal. You get what you’re getting from the man they call the Rolls Royce. The only question is will the loss of Beams effect his output. History says NO.

The Good

• Elite evasive player.
  • Elite Skills.
  • Durable!

The Bad

• He’s not as good as GAJ. But who is.

Final Verdict

Once again it’s a lock him away & throw away the keys. Dex will be delivering the last of the Triple Crown club captains “GAJ”, in an eagerly anticipated piece. If you can find a way to get them all, it’s Park Lane & Mayfair with hotels on top. If you look at where it all went wrong last year then leaving Pendles & selwood out in round 1 would have been an ouch. Certainly was for me. 43 from 44 possible games between Pendles & Selwood. That’s more a nice return. And the scoring let no one down that owned them. One had no preseason & the other a 2nd played injured. Yet they delivered as few ever could.

Make up your own mind, but starting with GAJ, Pendles, & Selwood would be “delicious”! But can we afford them all. But if you want uber-elite durable scoring weapons you will be slugged.

19 from 21 tonnes: It’s a Meg Ryan YES, YES, YES for mine. “I’ll have what she’s having”

Pieman

Twitter: @paulmaltman

AFL Supercoach Legend Jock ReynoldsThis article has been penned by an elite Supercoach analyst hand picked from the talent pool of the Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community. He has stood up within our community as a man of fantasy substance, and has displayed the spirit of togetherness, positivity and community that we value significantly.

Off season? If you’re fair dinkum about this caper you don’t have one. We’ll have a new Supercoach option analysis article posted here EVERY DAY from one of the elite right through till kick off 2015.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 09:57

Was wondering how you were going to make an interesting read out of such an out and out lock. Marrying the Shazza Saga with Dependlebury's history of SC brilliance was sublime, my friend. Excellent from top to bottom.

There are many that feel you have to go Gaz and wait on Dependles (Jock, cough, cough). I don't see the advantage of that, as value only really started taking a dive after the byes. And didn't really go -$100K until round 20, when it was clear he was playing hurt (and Pies were playing shit ball).

Can see a 130 ave this year, if Swanny gets back to decent form and the youngins in the mid step up. He is a set it and forget it player. And with the massive uncertainty that comes with the game, having a guy that will get you 120 when he's not even at his best should be considered a precious jewel and place on your SC mantle R1-finals.

Again, stellar article, Pieman.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 10:39

Shazza & her lawyers went to town on me! But its onwards & upwards from here my friend. Thanks for your kind words. Agree with the 130 average. He's more than capable. It's no coincedence when Pendles was hurt the Pies went backwards quickly. And they certainly played shit ball. Some woeful performances. Id love to have Pendles, GAJ & Selwood. But it will be super tough to sqeeze them all in without serious compromise elsewhere.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 10:46

Think it depend on the rook crop. If tasty like 2013 think the trio can be squeezed in. I'm going to try to make my mid as stout as possible and play a little risk with fwd line with wookies and fallen prems.

(I'm sure that's going to change 100x+ between now and R1)

jockreynolds · 17/11/2014 at 18:02

I should count my lucky stars Pie – Narelle hasn't even lodged any claim to the caravan or annex in Hastings yet. Wonderful woman. Gone too soon. Can't bring myself to empty her undies drawer yet.

Make no mistake Pendles you could lock into your team till the cows come home. It'll just be a matter as it always is with JR Brumby FC of being careful how many of the high rollers are locked away Rd 1. I've said it once. I'll say it again – GAJ all the way as my #1 lock – whether or not there is also a Pendles, or a Rockliff or a Selwood alongside him depends a lot on the value I can extract from the high 400K / low 500K tier.

I can't see myself going with the GAJ, Pendles Jelwood trio at this stage. Significant outlay – too significant for mine.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 18:55

Don't for a second think it's not a caravan & annex for the ages. Your a lucky man. Please send me your lawyers details for future reference. Dennis Denuto from "The Castle" clearly wasn't the man for the job. I couldnt agree more with the GAJ call. Might never be another SC player like him. As much as I hate to say it, the skill of the game will increase when he hangs up the boots. Taking that mantle will be no easy task.

Kev · 17/11/2014 at 10:13

I threw away the keys years ago, Pieman. Will once again have Pendles M2 this year, after God's other Son at M1.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 10:40

My first mistake this year Kev was not having him & chasing after him later. Won't be doing that again.

Sarah · 17/11/2014 at 10:49

I did that too. It wasn't fun!

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 10:21

Great write up Pieman as always. Will again be part of my C/VC tag team with GAJ in 2015. I too will be trying to wrestle Jelwood into that mix $$ permitting.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 10:26

Barring any ridiculousness on the pricing schemes this season, I'm pretty much going to force the Gaz-Pendles-Jelwood to happen. Let the other positions figure out how to make it work…

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 10:42

Having those 3 boys on your screen will cause explosive arousal.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 11:07

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 12:06

Also need to work out how to get Fyfe in as well, ARGGH!

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 12:22

That would be an all star cast & a lot of your cap gone. Only knock on Fyfe is the unnecessary holidays he gets.

Sarah · 17/11/2014 at 12:25

You'd hope that given how close he went in the brownlow this year that he'd try a bit harder to not have any holidays next year!

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 17/11/2014 at 14:19

Yep.
                Agree Sarah.
                I think the 2014 Chalie was an eye opener for Wolf..

I'm tipping a MASSIVE 2015 from Fyfe. He's 99% in my team for 2015

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 16:03

Would he force out any of GAJ, Dependles or Jelwood? If so, who goes first and becomes upgrade target? The dilemmas are already here!!!

Dools · 17/11/2014 at 17:20

Wow really, Dex
                  I'm listening????

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 15:49

I know!?!?!?

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 17/11/2014 at 10:31

Bloody ripper Pieman.
Pendles is the best player to pull on the black and white, I think he's better than bucks was – he just needs a Charlie to go with that premiership!
I will be going at least GAJ and Pendles or GAJ and Selwood – but I want all three!
Hanging out for the GAJ piece to drop – so the debating begins!

Elite as always Pieman!

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 10:45

Agree Dex. He's better than Bucks. Hope he makes a better coach! I'm really looking forward to your GAJ piece. The debate will be awesome. Minimum 2 of those boys, but i'm pretty set on all 3 & throw away the keys. It gives you perfect captains loophole options from the get go.

Sarah · 17/11/2014 at 10:46

Lock! Til I know more about Gaz's shoulder recovery I am contemplating the unthinkable and starting without GAZ. It's hard to go passed starting with Pendles and Selwood when the rarely miss a game and average 120+ for the year!! After those two, I might mix up the midfield this year and start with a few out-there options!!

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 17/11/2014 at 10:51

Hi Sarah,

I too was debating starting without GAJ… Until I dug into the research…

Not to mention, he started Pre-season a week or so early and is tearing up the track!

Unless GAJ loses his arm in the off-season, he's first picked!

Sarah · 17/11/2014 at 10:59

Hey Footy Tragic!
      I read that too. But he hasn't started contact work yet. So I'm happy to wait and see how that goes first. I'd like to see him play in the pre-season first before committing to starting with him, just to see how the shoulder is holding up. It was a nasty dislocation after all!! Will then make the call on him.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 11:37

Hi Sarah. That is contemplating the unthinkable. I value sleep so if he’s playing your dancing with death leaving him out. Having said that there will be a bullseye on that shoulder all opposition will be targeting. Superman may have finally been exposed to some kryptonite. I think we should pass our community hat around & hire our own surgeon to track that shoulder.

Sarah · 17/11/2014 at 11:45

Ok, everybody just take a deep breath and relax!!!
          I said I was only 'contemplating' leaving Gaz out til I find out more about his shoulder recovery!!
          Lol!! The mere mention of leaving Gaz out and you all lose your minds!!!

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 13:00

His shoulders should be stuffed Sarah. He's been carrying a team for years. I'm sure Dex's article will make sure you see the light. Death, Taxes & Abblett, life's only certainties. There's a title for you Dex.

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 17/11/2014 at 18:14

That's hilarious INP – My title is

There are 3 certainties in life. Death, Taxes and a Gary Ablett ton.

Great minds Pie….

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 18:58

That's awesome Dex. Either are certainties! Who would have thought! But the dream team all think alike

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 16:15

If you happen to find mine please return to your nearest GAJ appreciation club.

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 17/11/2014 at 12:05

Sound Call!
        I am still throwing away the key on GAZ, I've lost too much sleep not having him at the start of the 2012 season.
        I vowed never again.
        We all have our superstitions and never agains 🙂

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 11:20

Kudos INP for working a Tinder reference into the SC review.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 11:39

I’m tipping Pendles didn’t meet Alex Davis on there General.

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 11:58

Very true, although if your an AFL player needing to use Tinder, your doing something horribly wrong.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 12:23

Cameron Ling could be an exception.

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 12:35

Absolute gold!!

Tman · 17/11/2014 at 11:26

Great stuff peiman. I'm leaning towars starting Gaz and Pendles. Jelwwod most likely the 1st upgrade target for mine. But geez hard to go wrong with any of em.

Any guesses as to which of the three is likely to start slower?

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 11:57

None of them start slowly or slow enough to not warrant a round 1 selection.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 12:27

Selwood has Hawks first up & only scored 83 & 90 against them in 2014. That's not enough to scare me off.

Tman · 17/11/2014 at 14:38

There goes that theory! Back to the thinking room.

Phil · 17/11/2014 at 12:03

When Pendles pumped out a 170 odd against Sydney early in the year, that was the moment I knew I had already thrown the 50k away!!! Just knowing how many had him and that it was VC loophole capable…..Safe to say I won't be making the same mistake again. Pendles, Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood all in. Rocky 50/50

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 12:29

I had exactly the same feeling Phil when he got the 170. I wen't with Watson instead thinking he's juiced up to the eyeballs. It was all over before it started. It's a compulsory selection.

Mob · 17/11/2014 at 15:44

Over 1/4 of your cap on 4 players is very bold. A players price will drop naturally as rookies increase in price, meaning that if you start with all 4, and they all maintain those same averages (Selwood and Fyfe both career high in 2014, Ablett coming off shoulder), then you would stand to lose approx 270k across those 4 players.

I know we all want all of these players in our final team, but history has shown that we can find Selwood and Fyfe at much cheaper prices after a few poor games. Getting them at the bottom of there price cycle (about 550k) is much more ideal.

I would start with 2 of them based on personal preference (any two are good) for C/VC, then try and get your M5 and M6 for the season at discounted starting prices. These players could make money over the course of the season. See if you can pick this years JPK or C.Ward. Griffen or J.Steven could provide the goods.

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 16:12

Solid points Mobster, is always a balancing act between needs, wants and $$ in SC and getting right round 1 goes a long way to getting you toward the pointy end. Always a very difficult task in finding those that will come off in price, I remember a few people waiting to get Ablett and when his price failed to drop they paid the same price as everyone else but did not have his scores for the first 8-12 rounds.

Mob · 17/11/2014 at 17:14

Couldn't have said it better myself GS.
        Ablett and Pendles are locks because they have shown they won't drop enough to be worth the wait.

Rule #1. Start with 8.6 million dollars and 28 players to pick.

Seaford Scouse · 26/11/2014 at 08:52

Couldn’t agree more with your comments mob, I’m thinking exactly the same, (is there really a debate on GAJ still? If he’s picked he’s in and if the shoulder curtails him then maybe a corrective at worst to Jelwood/Fyfe/Rocky). Seriously like Steven, as an option, injured and carrying the mid last year down here in Seaford, should be back to 2013 form with a young, hungry and emerging midfield to boot which should see them winning more games too. Watch his pre-season closely and if on fire he’s my other M-lock for R1 to go with GAJ and Pendles and I’ll deal with the bye dilemma as it looms.

WombatsFC · 17/11/2014 at 15:38

Excellent write up Pieman but, just like wives should be scapped before they peak (to minimise financial loss) so should a round 1 starting position for Pendlebury.

IMO Rocky has surpassed Pendle as the must have #2 uber-premo for round 1. If I can afford 3 x 700k players he might get a sniff for round 1 but I doubt it.

If fit both Pendlebury & Selwood will probably be in the Wombats grand final team but niether will be in a wombats jumper for round 1.

Mob · 17/11/2014 at 15:50

Rockliff has only 1 season above 114 ave. Coming off his best season ever. Blip on the radar?
    Pendles has the last 4 seasons above 124 ave. Coming off his lowest ave in 4 seasons. Dependlebury.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 18:06

Mob & Throts I couldn’t agree more. Mob your right a guy who had a previous best average of 114 & 1 stellar season replacing a well credentialed proven number 2. Nup. Especially with such a new look to that team. And throts Beams will take points off plenty of those boys. He’s a massive loss for my boys. Entering his prime. Buckley you suck

@BarronVonCrow · 17/11/2014 at 18:24

Yea, i'm staying away from Rockliff, at least to begin the year with as he'll be over-priced. His average was at 117 when Rich and Redden were playing, went up to 131 when Rich went down and then up to 151 when Redden was injured. He was playing as a one man army by the end of the year!

So add Rich and Redden back + throw in an A grader like Beams and a rock solid guy in Christensen and I just can't see him staying above that 115 range again. I may upgrade to him, but i'm not playing Ablett money to get him in my team in Rd 1, as much as I love the guy.

WombatsFC · 17/11/2014 at 18:55

Just sharing a bit of the wisdom that made the Wombats such a phenomenal team in 2014.
        I'm not suggesting that Pendle is past it or irrelevant to SC and just saying that the team most likely to grab the cash in 2015 wont be starting with him.
        I'm fairly confident that my final selections will deliver more glory for the only SC team with a planned 1-week holiday.
        I recall a similar amount of guffaws and astonishment last year when I stated that Dangerfield and Selwood were both MUST NOT HAVE's for the first 6 games at least.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 21:13

Well, you were correct about Danger. That was a grand call. Off the mark about Selwood…as his value actually increased in the first 6 games.

.500 is still an excellent average, Wombats.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 15:57

Hmmm. A guy with less time on the field last season has surpassed an SC giant who played all the games and still averaged 124 without being in top physical form.

You also do know that Beams will probably take a couple points away from you buddy Rocky, as well? Qualifications for jumping THE VC default choice takes more than one superb season. See if he can do that again this year before anointing him #2 status.

Welcome back from hibernation, Womby. Mind is a bit sleepy but I'm sure jumping back in with the rest of us will cure that.

Dools · 17/11/2014 at 17:09

Nice TF, Agree on Rocky but not on all 3 GAJ, Dependlberry and Jelwood!!! It may be the season to have all 3 from round 1 but, hmmmm…. That is a lot of coin at the expense of other lines and stuff! Something has to give for balance across the park,
      Choice one GAJ – Still in recovery (Yes plenty of time to observe)
      Choice Two Dependles – Back injury (Yes plenty of time to observe)
      Choice 3 Jelwood – (Apperantly does not require pre – seasons)
      Others Rocky – (one season does not make a SC Elite – but jeez he was brilliant)
      Fyfe – Been doing it for years ( Suspension and shoulder(s) injury)
      So me it's Jelwood LOCK, and depending on GAJ and Pendles progress (one of the 2 not all 3)
      "To the fridge!!" for me much contemplation required.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 20:58

That is a lot of coin, Dools. And I'm not 100% on that trio. But I'm favoring a much prem heavier mid then become more strategic in the Def and Fwd.

Agree with Dex that he's gonna come out snarling mad, understanding that his recklessness cost him a Charlie and the team a better position.

Really waiting to see how Gaz and Pendles look at preseason as well. We all are. Have a feeling they won't go full bore yet suspect both will ton up one of both of their NAB games. We shall see. We shall see.

WombatsFC · 17/11/2014 at 19:22

Factor 1. Half of the Collingwood midfield will be wearing stickers saying "My Name is …." on their jumpers for the first 6-weeks.
      Factor 2. Pendlebury will be slowed into the season proper to monitor his back situation. This doesn't mean that he will miss games or be subbed but he will spend longer on the pine.
      Factor 3. Round 1 Pies v Bris Pies without a tagger and very Beams conscious
      Factor 4. It's way too early in the season to be playing safe.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 20:54

Factor 1: As mentioned above, Rocky will have other prems joining him in the midfield. Chances his scores remain high on a consistent level is attune to a Xmas wish for a helicopter.
        Factor 2: Rocky will be more expensive than Pendles. Why would you pay more for something that in high probability won't deliver the same results?
        Factor 3: While we all applaud your success last season (and had a grand time at the lovely parade you threw in your honor), you can't copy and paste last years picks hoping for the same results. Clear eyes, Womby.
        Factor 4: Good to see you back, my friend.

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 16:02

Wombat good to see you back in here mate. Rocky is an upgrade target for me. Queries over how he will perform with Rich, Redden, Beams, Zorko, Hanley, Aish etc will function from a SC Scoring perspective. I will stick with the tried and true and collect Rocky when he falls in $$.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 17:55

Wombats welcome back to land of the living. I’m a little sceptical of the Brissy boys. Especially Rocky &
    Zorko. With the new boys & Rich coming back it’s a formidable midfield with points pigs galore. But who’s who of the zoo? I will be watching with keen interest but thinking if Hanley retains Mid/Def he’s the man. Surely Zorkos mid time suffers & he’s a wait & see as well.

MASO · 17/11/2014 at 16:02

LOCKED ! spewin i got pick 8 in a my draft league 🙁 he will be well and truly gone by then

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 17:46

Bugger pick 8 is about where the lottery starts. Could be awesome & could squeeze your balls

Dools · 17/11/2014 at 16:30

What a debut, INP…Now maintain this for the year bro.
Most likely he will be M1 / M2 with Jelwood from round 1, Like Sarah I'm still flaunting with no GAJ for reasons previously posted. You covered everything except the fridge mate.
Last year he was M2 behind GAJ and he was locked for the year, I'm seriously considering Swan as Keyboard and Next G device are adamant "No!"
The only problem I had last year when GAJ went down (Round 15 if any of youse don't remember, a black, balck weekend for me) Who to pick as C I got it wrong so many times last season …So if GAJ is not ready I expect the tables to be turned this year, I pick the "C" and it pays off, I deserve some luck as fridge appreciating women are impossible to find on Tinder. So Keyboard, Next G and Silent Slipper and I will have all the time in the world to study the guides and get it right this time in (heavy) consultation with the fridge.
"To the fridge!!" and I raise a stubby of amber awesomness to you INP on a most entertaining piece of SC 'lore.

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 16:48

Debut? Better go and consult Keyboard, Next G and Fridge!

Dools · 17/11/2014 at 16:55

See this is what happens when you rely on others!!! My Bag General!!! I went on the Selwood post too
      "Bugger" Sorry INP LOL (The fridge made me do it)

General Soreness · 17/11/2014 at 17:02

Lol, Damn Fridges!!

Dools · 17/11/2014 at 17:12

Only "Damn!" if them broken, ask INP?

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 17:44

Think I’m going to wet myself! Classic. Should I have second thoughts about fixing the fridge. Will I develope amnesia if I keep it in too long like my good mate Dools

Barwick's Soilders · 17/11/2014 at 17:18

Pieman, you have done it again. Ripping article mate. I will 100% be starting with at least 2 of Pendles, Jesus and Jelwood. I have no idea who misses out though, it's going to keep me awake, that's for sure!!

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 18:15

Barwick great to have you on board & loving your wisdom & contributions. Will the stars align & everything you want happen for sure. Unlikely. So sit back & let a great bunch of SC salesman tell you the stories of the boys you should & shouldn’t consider. This caper can cause sleepless nights. But we absolutely love it! Perhaps one day soon you should stepping up to the plate. There is no right or wrong answer. Just opinions & keeping your mind ticking over. By the way we should only be referring to GAJ as Jesus. After all he is the son of god. Keep your opinions up my man!

@BarronVonCrow · 17/11/2014 at 18:24

Yes, Pieman, yes. He'll be locked and loaded into my midfield for 2015.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 20:50

Nice to hear from you BVC. Your debate with Wombats is world class! It's like a tennis match. One good point followed by another! Loving it. Stir the wisdomsoaked creature up!

Chicko · 17/11/2014 at 21:40

Outstanding Pieman, magnificence rolled in gold, and topped with a cherry of wisdoms, sprinkled with unbeatable stats! I had Pendles and Selwood from the start of my 2014 season and brought in GAJ ca R10, it didn't hurt me in the overall, but I was staining the rear of my pants each week with worries. Hard to know which two I will start with this year, but I could go without GAJ again, lots of permutations to plug into the Higginator yet! Great work mate.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 17/11/2014 at 21:46

Dearest Community. When you take on a piece on the absolute uber elite you feel like you owe it all. Deliver everything the audicience needs to know & a decision for them. Not here. So many wise heads & no right answer. Nobody is right & nobody is wrong. I truly thought my article on Pendles was crap & I wasn't looking forward to the reviews. But they have been amazing & you all rock! I honeststy thought this was where I would fall away. But maybe thats not the case at all it seems. Thanks for the positive feedback.

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 21:50

Feel the same every time one of my reviews get posted. But as you mentioned, the community is filled with wise heads who can pick something apart and reveal new insights and points for discussion. The game is a mystery and being rigid in thought will never serve you well. Your article was top notch, as all of them have been. Doing an article on an elite and make it compelling would be like getting all to consider a burn man…but you've done it my friend. Well done.

lostlarrikin · 17/11/2014 at 23:39

Well said INP and well done on the review.
    Not an easy gig to take on an uber I'm sure, done with aplomb.

Great to see some robust discussion on Elite locks and what not.
    I personally can't see how to fit in all 3 from the jump.
    So for me it comes down to which two to choose and why.
    These guys will generally be ur C/VC locks each week and u want them to go large.
    That potential ceiling is everything here so based on recent form I'll be going GAJ and Ducky.
    The other factor to consider here is the ability to exploit the capt loophole based on complementary fixtures.
    On first glance, the Pies draw seems to work better with GCS than Cats and GCS. More research needed.
    Cue the RARL!

throttlefinger · 17/11/2014 at 23:53

"Ducky". Hilarious.

Think C/VC locks would be an excellent article or discussion thread. And whether you can fit all in will make a good talk as well…remember John Bruyn started with 3 big boys in 2013 (Gaz-$741K, Pendles $667 & JPK $643K).