Will you play Hungry Hungry Hibbo?

Chicko - elite fantasy analystIt is difficult to squeeze in too many pseudo premiums with a DEF / MID DPP, so we must compliment these players with some rookies and some reliable defenders, who turn up every week and give you a solid 85-100 points per week.

Think about Corey Enright as the quintessential role model in this regard – as consistent as I am bald – that is a dead set certainty. I am pondering as to whether the man with a massive bonce, in Michael Hibberd (also known as Pig), can take his place. Hibbo was a mature age recruit, coming from Somerville play for Frankston when it was recommended that the Bombers take a look at him. Hibberd made an immediate impact debuting in 2011 and playing 9 games, averaging a very decent 74 points. In 2012, he played a further 13 games and again averaged 74 points.

Not bad scoring for a kid in his first two years of football. But his 2012 could have been better. Hibbo’s 2012 year was cut short when the club banned him mid-season after having a brawl late one night in the streets of Frankston – apparently outside Hungry Jacks. The club made it pretty clear that sort of behaviour was not on with the message of “Hey Hibbo, get your greasy snout off the Whoppers and get your mits on the pigskin, and no that’s not a name for your own flute”.

So he knuckled down, had a massive pre-season and came out in 2013 and was sensational across half-back for the Bombers, with his damaging left foot and run complimented by his willingness to go back into the pack for intercept marks. Hibbo doesn’t mind the contest but the Bombers use him more and more on the outside and has become somewhat of a designated kicker with his left foot. In 2013, he played all 22 games and his average went up 30% to finish the year at 96 points per game. That is quality in my eyes folks, the kid does the wrong thing, and rather than let it define him, he puts his head down, works his ring off and comes out and delivers. Well done son.

2015 Price: $491,500
2015 Position: DEF
Games last season: 18
Average last season: 91.44
100+ games last season: 5
Sub 80 games last season: 3 (his lowest coming in R18 when he re-injured his ankle)
Price range last season: $404 to $531k
Missed games last season: 4 (R16, 17 with an ankle, a low score of 44 in R18, out again in R19 and R20)
Significant history: Ranked 7th in Uncontested Possessions per game
Ranked 9th in Rebound 50’s per game
Ranked 13th in Total Rebound 50s
Average of 24 disposals and 6 marks per game in 2013 and 2014

CLICK HERE FOR ALL OF OUR SUPERCOACH 2015 PLAYER PREVIEWS

His stats underscore how the Bombers have evolved in deploying the Pig, outside run, delivered to him so he can rebound off half back. Uncontested possessions are not great for Supercoach scoring, however he generally kicks (averages 15 kicks per game) a lot more than he handballs (average of 6 per game) with a decent disposal efficiency and that is good for supercoaches the world over.

RISK FACTOR

This is the good things about the Pig, as it is with Enright, there isn’t too much downside, unless teams start to tag the likes of these players off half back. This is why I am quite bullish on these types of players because if they are getting tagged then bugger me as we know it means for the MIDS of Heppell / Watson or Selwood – they will literally go coco bananas and blow your pants off with high scores.

SELECTION PURPOSE

If you make the call to start with Hibbo, then I believe it is with a view to hold him all year – consistency, durability, low standard deviation equates to a sleep easy on Monday night knowing you don’t need to tear yourself apart all week wondering if you trade him. I like that.

THE GOOD

• Durability – is good having played 22 games in 2013 and 18 in 2014
  • Consistency – spends most scoring time in the 80-100 bracket
  • Upside – if Hibbo can push forward and kick more goals then that add another dimension to his game and your scoring – tick!

THE DOWNSIDE

• His propensity to consume Whoppers and Double Bacon Cheeseburgers detracts from his ability to run into a position to receive the ball thus limiting his possessions – I think this has been mitigated over the past two years
  • Limited ceiling – scored 100+ only on 5 occasions
  • Injuries restrict his game time – hopefully being 25 when the season starts means he is in good shape and ready to rip right open

THE VERDICT

I can’t blame the Pig for his love of a Whopper, I too have been tempted on many a late night by its alluring qualities, but this young man has put those days behind him. Depending on structures, we are likely to have to find a defender, or two, priced in the $400 to $500k bracket, this is where I find myself looking at Hungry Hungry Hibbo – I am attracted to the value he presents.

Verdict – I am a 65/35 at this stage, could prove decent value and excellent consistency. He is high on the DEF watchlist for the Chumps.

WATCH WITH A VIEW TO A STARTING BERTH

What’s your view on Hungry Hibbo in 2015?

Cheers

Chicko

Twitter: @Chicko_LCS

BECOME A JOCK MEMBER – EXTENDED LENGTH MONTHLY PODCASTS

AFL Supercoach Legend Jock ReynoldsThis article has been penned by an elite Supercoach analyst hand picked from the talent pool of the Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community. He has stood up within our community as a man of fantasy substance, and has displayed the spirit of togetherness, positivity and community that we value significantly.

Lekdog · 12/11/2014 at 01:05

I love Hibbo Chicko, burnt me a couple of times last year during key games but solid player. If he's under 500k I'll be looking at him hard, do need someone to replace Enright as my lock-in defender every year.

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 04:14

Welcome back Lekdog! Hope all has been going ragingly well with you.

General Soreness · 12/11/2014 at 10:04

Welcome back Lekdog.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:06

G'day Lekdog, I look forward to reading many of your wisdoms! I'm with you on Hibbo, burnt me last year, traded him, got an 81 then gave me donuts for about 3 weeks but helped out in finals. I reckon he will be sub $500k next year. Looking at him vs. Malceski – possibly both!

jockreynolds · 12/11/2014 at 20:17

Gday Lek! Hope all went well with the end of your uni year – tippin you're half sloshed right now.. great to have you back!!

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 04:13

Scorcher of a review, Chicko! Especially the point of needing a lock-in, non-DPP to hold the fort…be the "new Enright".

Agree with Lekdog that if he's under $500K he'll be heavily considered for my backline come R1.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:07

Thanks Throtts my good man – I think he will be sub $500, so it looks like he may feature in a few of our R1 teams!

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 12/11/2014 at 06:16

Chicko is on a roll. Great review my friend. Hibberd was involved in my worst trade of the season. When Watson went down I traded him to Hibberd (via DPP). Lord only knows what I was smoking that week! It was a frustrating decision to say the least & he got some niggles that ultimately saw him miss games & score rubbish, & I traded him not too long after. Having said that it was just a wretched run & I'm not willing to write him off. The Enright comparisons are more than justified. The soft tissue niggles are reason for concern & high in my calculations, but defenders are fickle SC creatures. Spending more than 500k on any Fwd or Def next season will take some serious justification. If he comes in at 491k he's high on the radar. Love ya work Chicko.

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 09:05

Agree with you there on all fronts, INP. Front and back lines are definitely hard nuts to crack, especially when they are not DPP. Extra, extra attention must be paid before selection. Think Hibberd can carry the Enright torch.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:09

Thanks Itchy Balls, he also hurt me last year but fresh set of eyes required heading into 2015, and I think he might be ready to unleash, can see him rebounding from 50, hitting Cooney on the wing, he turns and delivers by foot to bald man Chappy!

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 09:00

Wow, I see we're all getting right back into it and we don't even know the prices or where players can be picked yet!!! Awesome!! I'm already feeling that the defence and forwards will be hardest to pick this year.
Think I've got my ruck line already worked out… Jacobs and Goldstein. Yes it's expensive but I used far too many trades in the ruck last year and it's just a waste so I'm going for durability!
There's always a fine line when it comes to the midfield starting set up… yes that's where you score the bulk of your points, but it's also where the best cash cows and rookies are found. You can't have too many or too few of either. Last year I went for a 4 premium and 6 rookies/cash cow option and I think it worked well for me, finishing just outside of the top 1000 so I'll probably go for a similar set up this year. As I've stated, the hard part will be the defence and forwards and I'm content to wait and see which midfielders manage to get a DPP… I'm thinking Swan might be a chance after spending a bit of time forward with his injuries… but will he stay forward or go back into the midfield??? Hmmm, can't wait to find out!!!

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 09:12

Hey Sarah! Yeah, we've been going at it for the last few months on player reviews. Have been some excellent reviews of rookies as well. Definitely check the back log.

Think Sauce and Goldstein is a strong set up…but do you have coverage? Think that's the mistake last season with many (myself included). You can do it yet it's like call hard 8s at the crap table. Long shot to pay off.

Swan is a lock if DPP. With the loss of Beams and sub standard play last season, he'll be jumping for midfield time for sure. Go back to where he's gold.

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 09:34

The catch ups make for interesting reading!
      Agree that ruck coverage is always an issue. Will be looking to GWS for a rookie back up and maybe Lowden or Nankervis as the other rookie back up. Hopefully we'll get a few more rookie rucks playing some games next year.

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 09:42

This could be the year Liam McBean finally arrives at Punt Rd. He will be a nice bench ruck. But yes, GWS is another place they'll need some rookie to step in.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:35

I think there are some viable options this year for bench coverage, particularly with Lowden. Also like McBean but my only question with him, is, is he a figment of our imaginations?!

ReltonRoberts · 12/11/2014 at 15:41

McBean was lost his ruck status this season, doubt he'll be getting it back after kicking 37 goals in the VFL again in only 15 games but also only averaging 2 hit outs per game over both seasons.

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 21:28

Ahhhhh. Good to know, Double R.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 12/11/2014 at 09:40

If you read about Swannies injuries & botched surgeries his 2014 season was a write off. DPP & a half decent preseason & hes almost a lock away. Nice ruck setup Sarah that’s pretty much a set & forget.

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 09:50

Thanks INP… we'll see if I can afford it come round 1!!

Can't wait to start selecting my team again.

General Soreness · 12/11/2014 at 10:07

Welcome back Sarah, enjoy the light reading catching up on the reviews, nice ruck combo and is likely to prove popular along with a DPP bench ruck and Mitch Clark with a likely DPP forward. Dont let Higgo hear you talking 4/6 combo's unless you want to start theorising with him about the 7/3 combo.

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 10:30

Thanks GS!! It's good to be back. I'm thinking the Forward/Ruck DPP play is going to be easier to achieve this year than last. Dixon was really the only option and I'm so glad I didn't go there!!
      The starting combination I go with in the forward/defence and midfield will all be driven by where the good cash cows are. If there are plenty in the midfield, I'll stock up there. Just like if there's plenty in the forward line I'll go light with the premium picks there. So my team isn't locked until round 1 is finished!!! Til then it's all speculation, opinions and the team changes every 5 minutes if it's anything like last year!! It's all fun!

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:12

Our dear Sarah, it has been too long, welcome back where the community never sleeps in order to deliver you different and tasty perspectives on SC2015! Lots of different write ups have already occurred which will mean your set and forgot ruck strategy will be tested. Welcome back, look forward to your questions!

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 14:09

Thanks Chicko!! I've missed all the footy talk!

jockreynolds · 12/11/2014 at 20:19

Sarah! Good to see you back in the coal mines mate. Agree – the DEF and FWDS are always fickle early season.. I'd be surprised if Swan wasn't named DPP and he'll be hard to overlook. Welcome back

Sarah · 13/11/2014 at 07:50

Thanks Jock!

General Soreness · 12/11/2014 at 09:41

Fantastic work again Chicko. I must confess that as a Bombers man I have a bit of man love for Hibberd and the way he goes about it. The comparisons to Enright are entirely justified, only 3 sub 80's and an average of 91 is attractive for a pure back with no DPP, I cannot see him going over 100pt average but can definitely see him maintaining his 90-95 bracket ala Enright. Even with my man love I have to agree with the 65/35 as midfielders with DPP will generally get the right of way. Again cracking review mate.

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 09:53

That will be the interesting discussion. When someone like Hibberd who is steady vs. a DPP at the same price who can go big but isn't as steady.

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 10:00

If you have them all year then it comes down to who you think will have the highest average overall.

Dools · 12/11/2014 at 13:53

Hi Sarah,
        Nice to see you gracing the pages again and I agree if a player is consistent I will take that over yo-yo scores to attain the same approx. AVG
        PS Keyboard and Next G also want to congratulate you on your season rank. You have a bit of reading to do mate to catch up on the pages posted.
        Once again nice to have nice people back!

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 14:10

Thanks Dools, it's good to be back!! Can't wait for the serious team selections to start and see which lines players can be selected. Bring on SC Season 2015!!

Dools · 12/11/2014 at 14:39

Hey Sarah,
            As Jock would say "If your fair Dinkum! Per-season starts Now!!" lol
            I saw your post on Ruc's how many trades last year I went 3 hoping to cull that by 1 this year so I'm looking and Lou ham and egg burger and intrested in Kruzer . I do not know at this stage but a solid Ruc Dept is vital in this caper

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 15:21

Hey Dools,
              I've got a spreadsheet going with players I'm considering, have analysed the byes and the last 4 games, and am well progressed with my rookie analysis! Just need to see where they end up and for what pick now! So as you can see I'm very serious!!
              I used 3 trades in the ruck last year and was not happy about it. At the moment I'm going to pick 2 of Jacobs, Goldstein and Naitinui. Can't think of any midpricers that I'm willing to take a punt on at this stage, but we've got a whole preseason to go yet and that may change!!

Dools · 14/11/2014 at 17:24

HI Again Sarah
                When you post the spread sheet…. Now that will be a debate that may cause melt down of the site!!!!

General Soreness · 12/11/2014 at 10:03

Definitely Throtts, made even harder if they are both durable bastards

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 10:07

That's usually where I get stuck on…of those two durable players, who's going to do better. Then I usually shitte the bed and go with the less expensive one.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:14

Thanks General, my Bomber brother, I also like the Pig – hurt me in 2014 but I think he is poised for a big 2015 and could be a sleep easy selection, perhaps we should call it a Sealy selection?!

Phat Phuc · 12/11/2014 at 11:46

Thanks Mr Chicko. Where do you think this one should be playing? Last year Hidden Dragons started with swallow, hanley, mitchell,bartell and except for fatso mitchell it was good choice. People on Jock reynolds were saying in last year that Hibbard is always having soft tissue injury and he missed 5 games because of it.
I think anybody who cost more than 400k should not be allowed to miss 5 games

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:17

Hello Phat Phuc, great to have you on board! A lot will depend on price, DPP status and structure. Swallow was an obvious choice with his midfield time set to increase and a price too tempting to avoid in our teams this year. Hanley and Bartel both DPPs and astute choices – could go big and both quite durable. Hibberd is a set and forget who would be unlikely to be a DPP so a pure DEF. Should finish the year as your D5 or D6 I reckon.

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 12/11/2014 at 12:00

Sensational piece Chicko,

Hibbo is one of the few higher placed watch list candidates…

I'm looking at heavy prem action in mids, so not looking at anyone 500k+ in def or fwd line.

Tasty proposition.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:19

Thanks TG, your community spirit always keeps me warm. I think the selections in our teams for players in the $400 to $500k bracket could define our 2015 season – not too put too much pressure on ourselves!

Barwick's Soilders · 12/11/2014 at 12:04

Nice one Chicko!!! He is close to a lock for me. If under 500k 90/10, have had him last couple of years and am a big fan

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 12:36

Thanks BS! There is no BS about you Barwick, commitment personified. I admire a man with that sort of conviction!

Dools · 12/11/2014 at 13:20

Great work and nice delivery Chicko,
If he can emulate Boris he is a ring-in starter. I like his play and presence.
I would pick him at the $500K mark.
I just want to bring up a wee thing… I'm suprised no one else has yet. …Is he a player with an Infraction Notice???
If this saga is part of his playing legend I can't pick him…Will he be allowed to play etcetc ???
I'm sure he was named but this saga has gone on so long I'm convincing meself that it's over!!! I need more certianty regarding his playing future !!!
He is a definate watch, would like him in the Squad!!

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 13:26

Thanks for the pump up Dools, you and the fridge are too kind!

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 12/11/2014 at 16:14

Dools fridge update. Couldn’t wait till Friday for the repair man so I started troubleshooting a messing with the air flow system. It’s working I’ve got the internal fridge temp from 20 down to 8 degrees & cooling! I’m almost back baby! To the esky!

Dools · 12/11/2014 at 20:31

Hi Mate,
      Great news – Now have you voided the warranty?????
      Pity the fridge did n't go during winter, you could have left the door open and used it as a heater lol
      Here 's to cold beers and working fridges
      "To the fridge!!"

Barwick's Soilders · 12/11/2014 at 18:50

Great point Dools, he was given a infraction no something to watch for.

jockreynolds · 12/11/2014 at 20:23

Brilliant Dools – The old bloody infraction notice. That would chuck a sizeable sidchrome in the works!

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 13:25

You know Dools, I was reading my own work this morning and wondering how the hell I missed that as a risk! hat risk is definitely there, I suspect we will know for sure one way of another before R1 whether guys like Hibberd, Heppell, Watson – and any other fantasy relevant Bomber – are struck from our teams.

Dools · 12/11/2014 at 13:43

G'day Chicko,
I have a day off to-day so the Fridge and I are sitting on the back veranda communing with the Gods.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 13:52

And what a magnificent day to be on the back porch, an absolute ball tearer in the great state of Victoria! Enjoy it out there Dools old mate.

Dools · 12/11/2014 at 13:56

Just raised a glass to you my friend, fridge has wet heself with excitement !!!

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 13:59

You and the fridge are true gentlemen!

Tman · 12/11/2014 at 15:18

Loving all the arousing articles. Cant wait for pre season.

I see a lot of talk of midfield structures 6/4 and 7/3 and wat not from the wise old heads. I was thinking my structure may be driven by the quality of the rookies available, who make the best 22 from rd1. Maybe even 5/5 if I can get enough starting cash cows to fatten.

But I am sensing this is not given much significance in deciding the structure! Is this coz most of you play for overall win?

Sarah · 12/11/2014 at 15:25

I'm with you Tman. The structure of my team is dependent on the quality of the cash cows and which lines they can be selected on. Won't know my structure til just before round 1. However I went with a 4/6 structure last year and I think it went well. Finished just outside the top 1000. Made a few selection decisions that cost me (Wingard and Riewoldt), otherwise the structure went well.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 17:14

Hey Tman, we love big arousal curves, it keeps everyone up and about! I went with a 5/5 last year in the mids as most of the cash cows ended up in that line, I guess a lot will depend on how the rookie cards fall in the draft, in the preseason and ultimately into our sides!

jockreynolds · 12/11/2014 at 20:27

Tman – my ears just pricked mate – you're speaking a lot of sense and I wish you'd get in Higgo's ear. Almost futile to get yourself set on a structure now until the rookie lay of the land plays out I completely agree. However.. what we do know is what has worked vs what hasnt worked in the past, and I suppose we're equipped for different rookie quality scenarios that way. I believe in terms of talking structures whole TEAM structures are more interesting. Ie.. From a whole TEAM perspective how many PREMOS, MIDS and ROOKIES appear to give the elite the best crack at a title. Essential reading here to that end: http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2014/01/16/analysi

Tman · 14/11/2014 at 17:53

Thanks Jock, makes good sense to me. Read the article before, but seem to pick up some new stuff each time I read it. Its a beauty.

Thanks Sarah & Chicko

Phil · 12/11/2014 at 18:12

As a bombers man I'm a massive Hibberd fan, as a Supercoach player though not as much as some on here. Don't get me wrong the Hibberd, Enright and Birchalls are a sure thing to give you a 90-95 average but this is the line where id prefer to take a gamble rather than play safe. Ibbotson & Waters are 2 guys I have in there ATM.

I've gotta admit I'm in the stack the midfield with premos boat, unless if some Dunstan types show there head up. I've only got Freeman & Heeney so far and I'm not totally sold on either (best 22? Sub risk?). I may even go a step further than the 7-3 and go 7-rich-2

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 12/11/2014 at 19:11

Gday Phil. Heeney & Freeman are the 2 rookies mids ive identified so far as top of the watchlist ATM. Post draft no doubt that will change. Given Melbourne was willing to cough up pick 2 for Heeney & now getting him at a Dunstan price next year illistrates he's a bargain. The only ? is will he get straight in & will he be the sub. But i'm certain he will see plenty of game time next season. He's an absolute gun. A 7-3 or 7-Rich-2 midfield. I think you & Higgo are cut from the same cloth. I'm a 6-4 or 5-5 depending on the rookies of course. I got burnt by Hibberd this year but I think he has SC relevance & I'm willing to look past that to some extent. But if a player burns you it's hard to forget. So it's good bye Andrew Walker forever! It never works out with him. Phil for your help look at lasts years draft particulary 18-40 picks. Then believe me that this draft bats a lot deeper. It's an even & good draft.

Phil · 12/11/2014 at 20:41

Cheers Pieman, no doubt there were some beauties in the range in the draft especially in the 20's, so I may have to rethink stacking the mids…..

My worry about Heeney & Freeman isn't so much there ability, but more so the strong midfields of there respective clubs. Even Tom Mitchell struggled to break into the Swans 22.

Wait and see till after the draft I guess

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 12/11/2014 at 19:56

Wonderful to see more & more returning from post season break. Well it was for some. More & more comments everyday & debates raging over players all over the place. For those of you just returning, your more than 30 masterpieces behind. Go back & review the gold already delivered. Jock is working on a dropbox so you can easily read them at will. Some new superstars are joining the team. So sit back, debate, think & enjoy. If you love SC this is the place to be & it's only going to get better. Some say great minds think alike. But not here. We all have different perspectives & that makes it absolutely awesome.

Barwick's Soilders · 12/11/2014 at 20:19

Could not have said that any better myself

jockreynolds · 12/11/2014 at 20:28

Its wonderful Pie! .. Stay tuned for a master player review index to drop on the site in the top left position with luck this week

throttlefinger · 12/11/2014 at 21:39

Well said, mighty Pie.

Phat Phuc · 12/11/2014 at 20:57

If he escapes the ASADA sanctions he still has the suspect hammies that led to him being embroiled in the experimental program in the first place.
In 2014 he won a couple of close games for me by being in my opponents team
I don't think he's ever played a full season so this bloke is a major risk.
Jeansch might be a safer option.
I'm starting a full premo backline for 2015, unless there aren't enough fwd wookies

Barwick's Soilders · 12/11/2014 at 21:15

Interesting plan with the back line, but Hibberd played every game in 2013 with a nice average of 95.9. For me he is safer than Jeansch, a little more proven than Jeansch.

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 22:44

G'day Phat Phuc, must say I'm with BS here, the whole soft hammy thing is a blow up, he did a hammy in 2012 for sure, played every game in 2013, and did an ankle going back into the pack this year, so not littered with soft tissue injuries as many would believe.

Dools · 12/11/2014 at 23:05

I 'm with Chicko on this
        When a player has a niggle it's usually reported as "Soft tissue" and the public accept the explanation and it just follows athletes around and around.
        Also to be noted brave players pick up "Knocks and Bruises" It's the nature of their attack on play and I want warriors battered and bruised as when the ball is to be won their all in and have left nothing on the bench.

rainman · 12/11/2014 at 21:06

Defence is gonna be very tough next year me thinks and I have my reservations about the hib tickler. I think we saw on a couple of occasions last year that teams will fwd tag him and when that happens he stinks it up like an anchovy wrapped in a skid mark.

Price and availability of quality back men is likely the only way to sway me.

Another awesome write up

Chicko · 12/11/2014 at 22:45

Rainman, tell me what the next card is please? Great movie, great name, great sayings – "anchovy wrapped in a skid mark" is poetic!

lostlarrikin · 12/11/2014 at 23:43

Superb words Chicko and awesome discussion generated.
Great to see lekdog and Sarah jumping back in too.

The Doctor certainly stitched me up big time this yr with his late season Hammy hijinx, so I am a little gun shy.
Hard to ignore his booming starts in both '13 and '14 so he smacks of a round 1 walk up as opposed to an upgrade.
Important to note that the Dons have a pretty lousy opening draw.
The Bombers game style under Hird will be one to watch as to whether Hibberd mirrors previous feats.

I'm on the fence at the moment, waiting for my onion rings…

Chicko · 13/11/2014 at 06:39

Thanks Losty my good mate. It may take some sizeable onions indeed to select Hibbo, but important to remember his best season yet was under Hirdy and I reckon Hibbo, like Howlett, loves Hirdy. So will be interesting.

@BarronVonCrow · 17/11/2014 at 18:20

I've always been a fan of Hibberd in Supercoach, but i've never actually picked him! I think that may change in 2015 though. I like he's so consistent, it's very appealing to me, especially if I take a punt on a more inconsistent option who had big scoring potential (like a Smith or Hanley who can get tagged out of games). Good stuff, Chicko.

Seaford Scouse · 20/11/2014 at 08:13

Nice write-up Chicko as solid as the dbl cheeseburger deluxe addict himself! Gave hungry a swerve last year after nice output in 2013 mainly due to structure and so many quality DPP options we were given the luxury of in the back line. On the watch list for now till we see the full list come out when the fun really starts to begin. Gee you boys have been hard at it already though, but as they say in the game you can’t beat a good pre-season!