Supercoach 2015 – Jordan Lewis
Supercoach Gun? Or was 2014 a Flash-in-the-Pan?
Tipped to be Hawthorn FC’s Next Captain – Lewis is a versatile player. He’s clean with the pill and can string a few possessions together. He has remarkable durability, missing one game in 2014, and about 4 games in the previous 2 years.
Lewis plays a majority of his time through the middle and a bit up forward but he’s not the biggest goalkicker; averaging a 0.7 a game this year – almost identical to 2013. He also seems to like being third man up at stoppages – averaging 3.4 hitouts a game. Supercoach rolled gold lies in Contested Possession and Disposal Efficiency – Lewis averaged 28 possessions in 2014; with on average 10.7 of them contested.
|Games last season:||21|
|Average last season:||109.43|
|100+ games last season:||12|
|Sub 80 games last season:||2|
|Price range last season:||$460k-$644k|
|Missed games last season:||1 (adductor), rd 11 v GWS Giants (suspected rest)|
|Significant history:||Averaged 96.5 in 2013, 95.9 in 2012
Suspended for 1 game in 2008 for punching Daniel Pratt in the guts
Drafted at pick 7 in the 2004 national draft
Lewis lit up the comp from rounds 13 onwards – averaging 126.2 Supercoach points. In this period – he failed to crack the SC ton twice; with the lowest score in that time being 94! His form over the last 10 rounds was nothing short of phenomenal, and aside from Rockliff; I think he was the pick of the mids in this time.
Looking over his key stats for his 2014 and 2013 Seasons; he was up on all of them except Marks inside 50 (-0.1 per game). His Contested Possessions, Kicks and Handballs were the standouts. This strongly indicates he has gone up another level. I can see him continuing this form into 2015, and possibly being a season long keeper.
- Can to go missing against lesser opposition. 77 v GC (RD 5)
- Susceptible to a tag. 68 v ESS (Hocking)
- May get rested. RD 11 v GWS – Technically listed as an adductor. (I smell Fish)
- If you were considering starting Lewis, keep him as a premium lock.
- He could also be one to keep an eye on for the usual bye round upgrades, or picking him off after a dip in form or injury.
- Consistent. Lewis rarely has two bad games in a row. Not to mention durability… has missed 5 games in 3 years.
- High possession getter. Yes, possessions aren’t everything, you need efficiency – but to be efficient, you need to get it! Averaging 28 disposals in 2014; he had a shocker against Essendon in round 2 (13 disposals). He backed it up with 37 disp. v Freo the following week. Every other game he had at least 22 disposals and had 7 30+ games.
- Efficient. Dropped below 68% 4 times, with his lowest at 46%. Averaged an elite 73% for the season.
- Potential Point of Difference. I say this because most will start with the Abletts, Pendleburys and the Selwoods in the guts. I think he’ll start in less than 5% of teams.
- Is prone to a shocker. Look at rounds 2, 5 and 12 in 2014.
- Could kick the ball more – had a 1-1 handball-kick ratio in 2014, kicked it more in 2013. Not that bad in the scheme of things though.
- Plays for Hawthorn. Too many good players – They have the potential to take points off each other. That said; a strong team generally takes the loins share of points in a game.
Geez the arse end of 2014 was a shocker! I finished with 5 bloody nuggets and didn’t take my own advice and bring him in. I got on the safer pick of JPK…. BECAUSE THAT BLOODY WORKED!
If he continues his form into 2015 – watch out. His last 10 rounds he averaged 126.2 points – Ultra Premium material. His tendency to go missing has me a little worried, but his form has me excited. I’m tipping a slight increase to his average for 2015, and he may be that PoD player that gets you off to a good start. He is definitely in my sights for 2015.
|THE 2015 SUPERCOACH OFF SEASON SERIES.
This article has been penned by an elite Supercoach analyst hand picked from the talent pool of the Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community. He has stood up within our community as a man of fantasy substance, and has displayed the spirit of togetherness, positivity and community that we value significantly.