flesh-for-fantasy-150x150G’day community,

The final round. What a season we’ve had. I, myself, have been smashed pillar to post with injuries and blokes coming out of form in wrong times. Many, however, have thrived this season and put themselves in pole position to achieve personal bests.

Many, if not, all teams are set now. There are no more drastic changes that can be made. Trades must now be saved for when the General arrives and starts picking players off one by one. You must also separate yourself from the opposition, as it will be PODs that win you flags…not mutual players.

Anyway, enough rambling. Let’s begin.

GET HIM IN

Jake Carlisle (ESS) DEF – $458,400 SC

• Next 5 Games: SYD (A), RICH (A), WCE (H), GCS (H), CARL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 56, 82, 74, 155, 188
  • Breakeven: -67

What a season. No one, not even Bomber, could have imagined that Jake Carlisle would become one of the most inform players in the competition as a forward. He was practically on his hands and knees, begging to return to the backline. His last two games have been outrageous to say the least, clunking everything that comes his way. 8 GOALS, 19 touches and 7 marks against the Dogs, and 19 MARKS to go with 26 touches and 4 goals against the Pies. Now, at $458,400, he should come into calculations as a potential POD. Come finals, Buckets will be coming up against opposition out of the finals race and just playing the season out. Definitely worth a thought, but be mindful of that key position inconsistency.

David Armitage (STK) MID – $500,500 SC

• Next 5 Games: GCS (A), WBD (H), SYD (A), RICH (A), ADEL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 77, 75, 84, 153, 121
  • Breakeven: 37

Another one that’s had an outrageous couple of weeks, David Armitage has stepped up big time and putting his hand up to fill the void that will be left by Lenny Hayes. Despite being on the losing team, Armitage was arguably BOG – amassing 29 touches, 11 tackles and 2 goals against NM. He then backed it up with a very handy 25 touches and 8 tackles in the drought breaking win v Fremantle. $500,500 is on the steeper side of “cheap” when it comes to PODs, but may be worth it, being owned by just 0.20% of teams…or 507. A solid run home, but performance against NM in a dire outing for St Kilda suggests opposition is irrelevant. Could win you a final.

Lachie Henderson (CARL) FWD – $379,900 SC

• Next 5 Games: FRE (A), GCS (H), GEE (H), PORT (A), ESS (H)
  • Recent Scores: 78, 108, 84, 132
  • Breakeven: 23

I won’t lie, I’m not as giddy about Lachie Henderson as I am the other two. A lack of forward alternatives to trade in doesn’t help, but we push on. 6.3 on the weekend and 7 marks to go with 17 touches was a solid outing for Hendo. His form over the past 3 weeks has been quite good up forward – kicking bags of 4 v St Kilda, 2 v Sydney and 6 v NM. Could be serious value at $379,900 and may be worth the punt if you’re really strapped for cash. Worried about consistency, and the idea of playing Fremantle, Geelong and Port in the next 4 weeks – but worth a look at.

GET HIM OUT

Matthew Suckling (HAW) DEF – $391,100 SC

• Next 5 Games: WBD (H), MELB (H), FRE (A), GEE (H), COLL (A)
  • Recent Scores: 70, 88, 78, 58
  • Breakeven: 99

I know it may be difficult to trade him out, and that I’ve flogged the #SucklingOut bandwagon to death, but till over a 3rd of teams own him. There is no analysis or breakdown of stats needed. Just look at his scores, and look at his final 3 games. You won’t win the flag with Suckling in your side. If you do, others will be stepping up to carry his weight. Get him out, ASAP.

BREAKING POINT

• Jimmy Bartel (GEE) 164 BE
  • Jared Polec (PORT) 119 BE
  • Trent Cotchin (RICH) 160 BE
  • Dustin Martin (RICH) 142 BE
  • Luke Parker (SYD) 139 BE

PUB TALK

Unfortunately, I’ve had to close the Pub for this week. However, tweet me at @Mr_Crimmins and I will try address any questions you may have.

Good luck this weekend community

Mr Crimmins.

Learn A Few New Tricks To Beat The Odds This Week:

PODCAST: HUGE Scoring Round

Round 19 Supercoach Prices And Breakevens

The Community Pub Sessions – Donors Episode 2

It’s Here! Donors Podcast Episode 2

Round 19 Supercoach Scouting Report

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 13:01

none of those guys float my boat i'd have to say Crimmo…

What about good ol' Jordan Lewis? 0.65% of teams, 5 rd avg of 113, 3 rd avg of 103.

since rd 7, 1 score below 94.

Tman · 31/07/2014 at 13:12

Advice needed. Going for overall only.

Is Burgoyne a keeper as D6? or do I just on Hanley/Bartel?

Def line: MeVeigh, Mitchell, Simpson, Swallow, Del Santo, Burgoyne (No bench cover)

Tman · 31/07/2014 at 13:18

jump not just. With all the talk of PODs im considering keeping. Consistency a concern for Hanley, but we have all seen what he can do on his day.

jack power · 31/07/2014 at 15:24

Hanley wont get that easy much ball again this season but you are certainly right about his scoring potential. Bartel has been flat for a couple weeks and sometimes his scores are inflated by one super effort during the match. Junior Burger has been consistent all year and with Mitchell back and Suckling/Birchall going OK across half-back he may be able to roam around unhindered a bit more.

Tman · 31/07/2014 at 15:57

Thanks jp. Glad to have a response at last and a sensible on at that.

:O)

Jeff · 31/07/2014 at 13:20

Priddis or Callan Ward?

Gab · 31/07/2014 at 14:03

ward for mine jeff

General Soreness · 31/07/2014 at 15:27

+1 for Ward

Daniel · 31/07/2014 at 13:44

Help needed ANYONE!!! Am sitting in the top 4 of my leagues but only by luck!!!

Trades and 125k in pot.

Def – McVeigh, Swallow, Bartel, Mitchell, Burgoyne, Langdon (Gardiner, Tippet)

Mid – Pendles, Beams, Libber, Selwiood, Kennedy, Parker, S Johnson, Fyfe (Michie, Spina)

Rucks – Jacobs, Sandy (Ceglar, Currie)

Fwds – Dangers, Martin, Gray, Walker, Impey, Ambrose (Shenton, Cameron)

Any opinions?

Mozz · 31/07/2014 at 14:05

Need to fill up your Fwd line with more premos. Trade down Shenton and then upgrade Ambrose to a premo this week, and then do the same with Cameron & Impey next week.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 31/07/2014 at 14:36

Trade down Ceglar to a 102k player . That will give you a 425K warchest & upgrade Ambrose or Impey this week. You also need to get rid of Langdon

General Soreness · 31/07/2014 at 15:30

I agree with the DG of Ceglar to upgrade Impey or Ambrose this week. Also swing Parker forward then upgrade Shenton (via swing or Michie) to Premo Mid and Langdon to Premo Def next week.

julz · 31/07/2014 at 14:44

Who do people think is the best option for Michael Bloody Hibberd?
Sam Mitchell seems logical choice as I don't have him but hasn't been that impressive SC scoring wise, although still getting a lot of the ball. Thinking of Brodie Smith from Adelaide as a POD but Baron mentioned in his column he doesn't like a tag. Adelaide have a good draw but not sure if this will benefit a defender or not.
What's everyone else doing?

Pat · 31/07/2014 at 14:45

same boat julz, im tossing between kade simpson, sam mitchell and michael johnson!!
    want a bit of a pod as well

General Soreness · 31/07/2014 at 15:32

Always be wary of Freo players at this end of the season, Lyon likes to rest the whole effing team.

jack power · 31/07/2014 at 15:29

Adelaide has Henderson back now who was their #1 man for running off half-back last year before an injury set back earlier this season gave Jaensch and Smith a chance to play that role. As such, it may be a lot harder for opposition teams to tag Smith which could potential make him an excellent selection.

The Mullet · 31/07/2014 at 14:47

I'm looking for a replacement for Hibberd (less than 500k) and have narrowed it down to a couple of options. I'd be very interested to see what others think.

Option A- Straight trade to Hodge. Costs me @ $62k.

Option B- Swing Docherty off the bench to take Hibberds place this week.
NEXT week, trade Hibberd out for Bartel. He is projected to drop $30k this week.
Costs me @$40k next week (assuming projection is somewhere near right)

At this stage of the year I want a proven performer, although there is a risk of them getting rested.

General Soreness · 31/07/2014 at 15:35

Sam Fisher for me, POD, proven scorer. Dont tell anyone else though, i dont want too many people to jump on!

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 31/07/2014 at 16:11

High on my radar as well Gereral. This is the time of year you strike!

jack power · 31/07/2014 at 15:17

The infamous Propeller Heads of Scoring obviously don't know much about footy if they didn't see the influence Suckling had on last week's match .. his 2 runs out of the backline with long, precise kicks that resulted in 2 goals to the Hawks, turned the game back in their favour. Hence I was staggered when I saw the 58 points. The same can be said for Buddy's score .. sure he had an influence in the first half but he did NOTHING in second and still pulled out 111!! If anything needs adjustment/review for Supercoach 2015 it is the inconsistency of the scoring and the whole "added value for influence" system.

GaryReal · 31/07/2014 at 15:36

kade Simpson going up. a good $430 swing option methinks

T33n · 31/07/2014 at 15:50

Barlow vs Murphy vs Dal Santo vs any other -564k mid or def.

I'm trading Hibberd out and I can switch Mitchell to defence if need be to bring in another midfielder. Or I can leave him there and swap to another defender.

Crowmagnon · 31/07/2014 at 17:57

Swing Mitchell back. Go for a mid. I'd go Dal Santo.

john fitzgerald · 31/07/2014 at 16:12

hi guys, i have traded hibberd to rockliff and that has used all my money.
i have 6 trades left, im sitting 7th in my league and i cant get knocked out.
im worried ive left to many trades left so i need to use as many i can this week and next.

thoughts on what to do?

def: mcviegh, bartel, simpson, enright, hurn, mitchell (no cover)
mid: pendles, JPK ,libba, jelwood, sloane, beams, rockliff and fyfe (acres, m crouch)
ruck: sandi,mcevoy (smith, thurlow)
fwd: danger, gray, parker, zorko, roughy, martin (honeychurch, lloyd)

cheers John

BCHawks · 31/07/2014 at 18:03

Your team is looking very good going into SC finals. With no cash I would probably look at downgrading Crouch for a cheep rookie to free up cash or even Cripps who is a bit more expensive but scored a 111 on the weekend. Having cash will allow you to upgrade a player if they get injured to just about anyone. Anyway good luck.

john fitzgerald · 31/07/2014 at 18:32

cheers hawker!

The Ranger · 31/07/2014 at 17:07

Need some advice Community.
Got 4 trades and $258K to play with.
1st and 2nd in my two leagues and only going for league wins as i'm down in the 9000's.
I should win both my last games so I don't have to do anything this week but….

Current team is…

DEF McVeigh Bartel Hanley Swallow Hanley Suckling Langdon (Schoenmakers, Georghiou)
MID Pendles J.Kennedy Selwood Beams Murphy Cotchin S.Johnson Wingard (Acres, O'Brien)
RUC Sandi NicNat (S.Martin, King)
FWD Harvey Danger Parker D.Martin Zorko Ambrose (Shenton, McGovern)

There's some obvious holes which expains why I'm down in the 9000's but what should be my priority?

My currently thinking is that I need to lose one of Acres and O'Brien, swing Langdon on to the Mid bench as cover and bring in another defender (Mitchell?) but in doing so I'll rprob end up with very little cash.
There's lots of other options obviously but I'm finding it hard to pick the wood from the trees…what should I do?

Crowmagnon · 31/07/2014 at 18:11

You have too much cash on your bench. upgrade 2 on field players with bench downgrades and save a couple of trades for injuries.

The Garbo · 31/07/2014 at 17:34

Is goddard worth taking into finals?

Matt · 01/08/2014 at 20:04

He is a proven premium, couldnt look past him

Matt · 31/07/2014 at 18:36

My team is
Bartel, Simpson, Jaesch, Birchall, Suckling, Mitchell (Bews, Jones)
Selwood, Sloane, Beams, Murphy, S.Johnson, Griffen, D.Thomas, Dunstan (Taylor, J.Martin)
Sandilands, Cox (Ceglar, Brown)
Dangerfield, Parker, D.Martin, Zorko, Roughead, Wingard (Ambrose, Cameron)
I have 5 trades left and $268,400 in the bank.
Any suggestions community?

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 20:00

Suckling – McVeigh/Malceski.
    Thomas. Dunstan, Griffen – Rock/JPK/Fyfe/Pendles
    Cox – Nic Nat/Goldstein/Ryder

Matt · 31/07/2014 at 20:32

Thanks, now debating on either upgrading cox to goldstein, or upgrading Cox to Ryder allowing me to upgrade Suckling to McVeigh.

Marty · 31/07/2014 at 20:14

I'd trade out Dunstan to a 500k-600k premium to strengthen your midfield. My choice JPK or Dal Santo for POD. Rest of team looks pretty good 🙂

Matt · 31/07/2014 at 20:33

Thinking of keeping Dunstan one more week again as he has a BE of -3, and i have left it too late to trade out Daisy.

Jack · 31/07/2014 at 18:40

Should I trade Cotchin out and get Rockliff? 7 trades left full premium team

BCHawks · 31/07/2014 at 18:55

If you have the cash then I wouldn't hesitate!

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 19:57

Definitely – Rocky is a 20 pt a week better player….

Marty · 31/07/2014 at 20:16

If you can afford it , no brainer. Rocky is on fire and a lock for Captain too

Ryan · 31/07/2014 at 18:43

Howdy community, should win all leagues comfortably this week, cementing a top four spot in all leagues thanks to Jock and the team. Only got 1 trade left, so ideally don't want to use it now. However Hibberd is out again, have schoenmakers on the bench as d7 to loophole when he performs well. Do I keep Hibberd and hope its a one week injury or do I get someone else now? Have no war chest left. Who do you guys think is the best value at 425k if I do trade? Thanks guys

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 19:57

Mitchell is a good one – if you only have 425k (and don't have him)
    Maybe risk a Rhys Shaw if you do have Mitch

Ryan · 31/07/2014 at 20:28

Thanks mate

Brandon2416 · 31/07/2014 at 19:01

Is there any point in going NDS,Murphy,Beams,Selwood or Parker to Rockliff
Have 5 trades and $156k
Full premo team
Have miles and Hartung on the bench in the mid
Going for league premiership
Coming 1st by 1 win
If I do the trade i won't have any money for injury trades
Thoughts??
Thanks

Jack · 31/07/2014 at 19:31

You could trade one of them out for Rocky and then just loophole whoever gets the better score

Brandon2416 · 31/07/2014 at 19:34

who should i trade out for him?

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 19:54

It really comes down to how many trades you have – you stated that a premiership is all you strive for.
      So unless you have 6 or more trades for finals, HOLD

Jack · 31/07/2014 at 19:57

You could downgrade one of your rookies and then upgrade miles?

James · 31/07/2014 at 19:14

should i trade sandilands to Goldstien… or is it to late in the season??

Jack · 31/07/2014 at 19:32

You could if you have enough trades…

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 19:53

Same as BCHawks – if you are striving for rank, BANG BANG.
    If you are holding out for league wins. HOLD!

BCHawks · 31/07/2014 at 19:20

2 trades left should I trade out Mundy and swing Mitchell and bring in Simpson to open up the swing set or hold?

Brandon2416 · 31/07/2014 at 19:22

The swing set will save trades later on.
    I think it is a good trade because simpson has some good form at the moment

Jokers Wild · 31/07/2014 at 19:41

Hold

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 19:52

If you are striving for rank, Trade – else HOLD

BCHawks · 31/07/2014 at 19:55

Thanks guys I will probably hold although I have caddy as mid bench and no defence but I do have hunt as my d8 so it would open up a handy swing. And @TG_Footy_Tragic i am striving for rank currently 710

Brandon2416 · 31/07/2014 at 19:23

And could you please answer my question
Thanks

Brandn2416 · 31/07/2014 at 19:24

And could you please answer my question
Thanks

Paddy · 31/07/2014 at 19:24

5 trades left with $153,000 and Hibberd currently in my side. Who should I trade in for Hibberd?

Defense is: Swallow, McVeigh, Bartel, Burgoyne, Hanely, Hibberd (Cutler and Clurey)

Who should I trade in for Hibberd. S. Mitchell or K.Simpson?

BCHawks · 31/07/2014 at 19:31

I'd go Mitchell

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 19:51

They are both good.
    if you want a more "unique" pick, Simpson is in 7% less teams.

Jack · 31/07/2014 at 19:33

Mitchell..more value

James · 31/07/2014 at 19:49

Robbie gray or brent harvey?

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 31/07/2014 at 19:50

Boomer every day of the week.
    better highs, PB year.

Mike · 31/07/2014 at 19:51

thoughts on murphy to rockliff
5 trades and 140k

Sarah · 01/08/2014 at 07:49

Had the VC on Fyfe… and he scored 171!! Thank you very much!!!

Gra · 01/08/2014 at 10:13

Ambrose, Impey or Kersten to start as FWD6 this week?

Matt · 01/08/2014 at 20:06

Would ave to be Ambrose

Saintly 74 · 01/08/2014 at 14:01

G'day Community.

Seek your advice on the eve of the finals. 7 trades left and 210K in the bank. Looking to trade out Polec and McGovern. Want to bring in R Gray for Polec and S Martin for McGovern but don't have the cash to do both. Can anyone suggest alternatives that would allow me to bring in at least one of these players now. One option is S Mitchell for Polec but it leaves me with nothing in the bank for finals which is not ideal.

Good luck to all this weekend.

Matt · 01/08/2014 at 20:32

I would Bring in Sam Mitchell for Polec and if looking for a bargain price player Nick Riewoldt or Paul Chapman in for McGovern, leaving 50k and 20k left respectively. Remembering you can always downgrade to Cameron Wood or Broomhead to generate cash.

curry muncher · 01/08/2014 at 15:24