Flesh for Fantasy – Round 19
The final round. What a season we’ve had. I, myself, have been smashed pillar to post with injuries and blokes coming out of form in wrong times. Many, however, have thrived this season and put themselves in pole position to achieve personal bests.
Many, if not, all teams are set now. There are no more drastic changes that can be made. Trades must now be saved for when the General arrives and starts picking players off one by one. You must also separate yourself from the opposition, as it will be PODs that win you flags…not mutual players.
Anyway, enough rambling. Let’s begin.
GET HIM IN
Jake Carlisle (ESS) DEF – $458,400 SC
- Next 5 Games: SYD (A), RICH (A), WCE (H), GCS (H), CARL (A)
- Recent Scores: 56, 82, 74, 155, 188
- Breakeven: -67
What a season. No one, not even Bomber, could have imagined that Jake Carlisle would become one of the most inform players in the competition as a forward. He was practically on his hands and knees, begging to return to the backline. His last two games have been outrageous to say the least, clunking everything that comes his way. 8 GOALS, 19 touches and 7 marks against the Dogs, and 19 MARKS to go with 26 touches and 4 goals against the Pies. Now, at $458,400, he should come into calculations as a potential POD. Come finals, Buckets will be coming up against opposition out of the finals race and just playing the season out. Definitely worth a thought, but be mindful of that key position inconsistency.
David Armitage (STK) MID – $500,500 SC
- Next 5 Games: GCS (A), WBD (H), SYD (A), RICH (A), ADEL (A)
- Recent Scores: 77, 75, 84, 153, 121
- Breakeven: 37
Another one that’s had an outrageous couple of weeks, David Armitage has stepped up big time and putting his hand up to fill the void that will be left by Lenny Hayes. Despite being on the losing team, Armitage was arguably BOG – amassing 29 touches, 11 tackles and 2 goals against NM. He then backed it up with a very handy 25 touches and 8 tackles in the drought breaking win v Fremantle. $500,500 is on the steeper side of “cheap” when it comes to PODs, but may be worth it, being owned by just 0.20% of teams…or 507. A solid run home, but performance against NM in a dire outing for St Kilda suggests opposition is irrelevant. Could win you a final.
Lachie Henderson (CARL) FWD – $379,900 SC
- Next 5 Games: FRE (A), GCS (H), GEE (H), PORT (A), ESS (H)
- Recent Scores: 78, 108, 84, 132
- Breakeven: 23
I won’t lie, I’m not as giddy about Lachie Henderson as I am the other two. A lack of forward alternatives to trade in doesn’t help, but we push on. 6.3 on the weekend and 7 marks to go with 17 touches was a solid outing for Hendo. His form over the past 3 weeks has been quite good up forward – kicking bags of 4 v St Kilda, 2 v Sydney and 6 v NM. Could be serious value at $379,900 and may be worth the punt if you’re really strapped for cash. Worried about consistency, and the idea of playing Fremantle, Geelong and Port in the next 4 weeks – but worth a look at.
GET HIM OUT
Matthew Suckling (HAW) DEF – $391,100 SC
- Next 5 Games: WBD (H), MELB (H), FRE (A), GEE (H), COLL (A)
- Recent Scores: 70, 88, 78, 58
- Breakeven: 99
I know it may be difficult to trade him out, and that I’ve flogged the #SucklingOut bandwagon to death, but till over a 3rd of teams own him. There is no analysis or breakdown of stats needed. Just look at his scores, and look at his final 3 games. You won’t win the flag with Suckling in your side. If you do, others will be stepping up to carry his weight. Get him out, ASAP.
Here the key break-even scores to keep in mind heading into round 19:
- Patrick Dangerfield (ADEL) 40 BE
- Pearce Hanley (BRIS) 77 BE
- Tom Rockliff (BRIS) 84 BE
- Patrick Ambrose (ESS) 43 BE
- Steven Motlop (GEE) 83 BE
- Joel Selwood (GEE) 60 BE
- Steve Johnson (GEE) 64 BE
- Sam Mitchell (HAW) 75 BE
- Chad Wingard (PORT) 77 BE
- Jarryd Roughead (HAW) 78 BE
- Brett Deledio (RICH) 72 BE
- Nick Riewoldt (STK) -5 BE
- Brent Harvey (NM) 97 BE
- Josh P Kennedy (SYD) 98 BE
- Rory Sloane (ADEL) 159 BE
- Sam Jacobs (ADEL) 152 BE
- Scott Pendlebury (COLL) 164 BE
- Brendon Goddard (ESS) 157 BE
- Nathan Fyfe (FRE) 152 BE
- Aaron Sandilands (FRE) 136 BE
- Jimmy Bartel (GEE) 164 BE
- Jared Polec (PORT) 119 BE
- Trent Cotchin (RICH) 160 BE
- Dustin Martin (RICH) 142 BE
- Luke Parker (SYD) 139 BE
Unfortunately, I’ve had to close the Pub for this week. However, tweet me at @Mr_Crimmins and I will try address any questions you may have.
Good luck this weekend community
Learn A Few New Tricks To Beat The Odds This Week: