Supercoach 2014 podcast

There is a state of extreme arousal in the studio this evening.

Not only is Crouching One closing in on a genuine tilt at the $50K, but we are in the final preparations before deploying our very first donors extended length podcast early this week.

We also hear a snippet from our interview with Matty Mottram, one of our own who is right in the race for the $50K. A great bloke. We get his call on a bit of value this round, and also his assessment on the state of the power forward in today’s fantasy footy. (Full length interview in the donors podcast see details below)

Huge week, enjoy tonight’s show and we’d be rapt if you’re able to chip in a few bucks when the donor portal opens on Tuesday/Wednesday Β this week.

How do I get access to it?

Check the site on Tuesday night or Wednesday, there will be a post put up on the site about the donors podcast which will contain a link to our first donors full length show and post. This will open up a special donor window where you can throw a few bucks our way using paypal or your credit card. If you’re able to spare a few bucks a month to help keep this place ticking along we would be absolutely rapt and you’ll be able to access our donor only monthly podcast.

Can I get an email sent to me whet it’s up?

No worries – just as long as you’re on our email subscription list (click here to join it for free) you’ll get an email as soon as it’s posted on the site.

Gab · 22/06/2014 at 22:01

shocking week this week jock
hoping this cheers me up !!!!

medadsson · 22/06/2014 at 22:02

Is the Duffman back?

Kevin · 22/06/2014 at 22:04

He burnman

scano · 22/06/2014 at 22:04

COMMUNITY! will Fyfey boy be rested ? If yes who else under 600k in midfield?

dean · 22/06/2014 at 22:55

Nobody aside from Rose Lion knows the answer to this question Scano, but if last year is anything to go bye, then we can assume that some of the freo players may cop a rest. so i would look elsewhere. POD could be Goddard, seems to be flying lately, with Watson out, he is stepping up

julz · 23/06/2014 at 09:55

I wanted to get Fyfe last week and didnt cos I dont trust Lyin Lyon. Looked at freos draw in prelim week of SC finals they have to go to Gabba, can see ‘The General’ striking then but i guess it depends on if they have top 4 secured!

SCaddict · 23/06/2014 at 13:05

I think it's less likely than last year especially with Round 18 where everyone gets a rest. Still there are plenty of decent alternatives if you are really THAT worried about it.

Think Jack is good buy with the Swans SC finals run. Sloane, BJ Floggard and Prestia would be nice selections too. Even Robbie Gray with his DPP bonus should be considered if you don't already have him.

scano · 23/06/2014 at 15:42

Thanks boys!

Tom · 22/06/2014 at 22:04

Fellas is it worth getting rid of Langdon?? Only have 100k in bank so can't get that much for him

Dan · 22/06/2014 at 23:02

Yes, despite his scoring output he is not a premium. Hibberd is your man

Phil · 22/06/2014 at 23:22

I've already got him. He would be first selection. I'm $600 off Birchall and 5k of Swallow. Burgoyne has the best average that I can afford but he is in some bad form of late

Derek · 23/06/2014 at 10:28

have you got Enright? he is good value and only in about 6% of teams. quite a good POD

Phil · 23/06/2014 at 11:08

I picked him up last year and was excellent. I haven't heard much about him this year. Seems to have dropped off his game a little

Glorin · 23/06/2014 at 15:00

Hibberd very unlikely to play this week.

julz · 23/06/2014 at 13:35

Scott D Thompson? Been alright lately, only costs a smidge over $400K

Big Ben · 22/06/2014 at 22:05

I'm closing in on JR Brumby FC mate, lookin forward to strappin next to you on the run home Jock!

jockreynolds · 22/06/2014 at 22:07

look forward to it Big Ben!! I've slipped in rank down to about 6,000ish. bugger. Game on!

Phil · 22/06/2014 at 22:05

I'm thinking of Shenton>Miles this week…Will Miles be a keeper?

john snow · 22/06/2014 at 22:52

TigerCam · 23/06/2014 at 18:20

you know nothing john snow….

dean · 22/06/2014 at 22:53

To hard for anyone to predict that Phil, He could be, but things were said about other rookies, including shenton himself being a possible keeper, at this time of year, i would look past another mid price player, and either upgrade to premo or downgrade to cheap rookie for cash gen

julz · 23/06/2014 at 08:45

I got Miles in last week for Higgins as there were a lack of rookies to downgrade to. Very happy with the trade, saw a stat about Miles while watching the Friday night game, apparently he is leading clearances or contested possessions for the Tiges (can't remember which) but both equal great Supercoach point scoring ability.
    I am hoping he MIGHT be a keeper, but figure even if not I can make enough cash off him to hopefully upgrade to a full Premo midfield just before/ during SC finals (although I am running quite low on trades).
    In saying that I don't think I would get him this week now his price has increased a fair bit.

Derek · 23/06/2014 at 10:26

easy to get numbers like Miles has if under the radar. Miles is now in spotlight of opponents, will get a lot more attention

big aggots · 23/06/2014 at 13:12

Wins his on ball & far better option than Swan, Griffen, Cotchin, Zorko lately.

Slug · 22/06/2014 at 22:06

Jock mate, My worst player is tyson, but I have nobody making me money so I can't upgrade him!! even worse with players like cameron, hartung and acres on the bench, beams johnson and murphy got me 3 donouts the last two weeks. I need rookies??

Kev · 22/06/2014 at 22:35

There's just no rookies out there, Slug. Reckon we forgot the challenges this game throws up in the years before GC and GWS gave us a decent rookie downgrade or two every few weeks.

Keep an eye on state leagues and take a punt. Honeychurch can't be far away from a game, surely.

Garglesnarf FC · 23/06/2014 at 12:56

Tyson should start going up again this week now that his 30odd drops off, his stats weren’t as bad as his score suggests as he scored 91 in the ‘other’ game. 20P, 5M, 6T, his disposal efficiency was crap though hence his score.

Whilst I agree he needs to go, it’s not panic stations as long as he keeps getting a game.

big aggots · 23/06/2014 at 13:09

Zak Jones (def) looked comfortable at that level. JS is the issue.
    Kersten (fwd) looked ok and Scott said his JS in the short term is good.
    Can you use them to generate $$$?

peter pan artichoke · 22/06/2014 at 22:15

kane mitchell to miles?

john d · 22/06/2014 at 22:17

for my last mid premo Rocky or JPK? Im leaning towards Rockliff a bit then thought about he might spend more time in the fwd line with J brown out. JPK a safer pick?

dean · 22/06/2014 at 22:51

JPK seems a lot safer and more consistant for me, I pondered the same thing for my M8 and went with JPK, he is looking good this season, and Brisbanes run home is terrible compared to sydney

Wes · 22/06/2014 at 22:55

Good thought… But he didn't go fwd a heap this rd…
    Rocky for mine
    Bne has some rookies to come in and get game time… That has been leppas MO this season. Doubt on that premise rocky will change roles.

Jambo · 23/06/2014 at 10:26

Rocky. He scored 158 in a team that embarrassed itself.

john d · 23/06/2014 at 18:47

I probably go for JPK now only because I already have 3 other Brisbane players. but really cant make up my mind yet…

john fitzgerald · 22/06/2014 at 22:21

ive got some bad signs in my team this week. 7th on the ladder in the main league 10 trades left 45k left.
bartel, mcveigh, simpson, hibberd, enright, hurn. (no bench cover)
ablett, pendles, jpk, libba, selwood, sloane, beams and kane mitchell (no bench)
sandilands , martin (mcevoy on the bench πŸ™ )
gray, danger, parker, zorko, roughead, shenton (no bench cover)

mitchell -> miles

and what to do with shenton.

Derek · 23/06/2014 at 10:23

Shenton to Ben Brown. Then switch Martin to FWD (mcEvoy will play this week – he kicked 5 for Box Hill). Upgrade Mitchell to Martin (DPP)

Derek · 23/06/2014 at 12:27

to many Martins. I meant to switch the Brisbane martin to FWD and upgrade Mitchell to the Richmond Martin

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 23/06/2014 at 11:53

Agree with Derek. Solid options

john fitzgerald · 23/06/2014 at 15:59

thanks very much derek and TG very much appreciated.

Michael · 22/06/2014 at 22:30

Hi Community, tough round for some, including myself. I'm sure after the first couple of games most of us were rubbing our hands together planning for a 2500+ score – fast forward 24 hours, battered and bruised the SC gods certainly bashed the hell out of us! I'd like some opinions on the following trades I'm tossing up with this week.

Taylor out, Kersten in
Shenton out, Gray in.
Leaves me with 4 trades, full mid premo, $12.5K left. I know I'm light on trades but I'm not in any leagues, just going for best outright result. Out of the running for $50K, currently ranked 5,348.

Team after trades:

DEF: Bartel, McVeigh, Swallow, Simpson, Hibberd, Enright (Schoenmakers, Bews)
MID: GAJ, Pendles, JPK, Jelwood, Beams, Gray, Murph, Fyfe (O'Brien, Acres)
RUC: Sandy, Sauce (Derickx, King)
FWD: Danger, Dusty, Parker, Pav, Zorko, Ambrose (Cameron, Kersten)

Thoughts?

Michael · 22/06/2014 at 22:32

Also one of the key things with Gray is the swing ability with Danger, Dusty, Parker & Zorko as cover for any LTI's.

Iron Bar Buckley · 23/06/2014 at 17:50

He will only be cover if you can replace him with a bench player. You should use rookies to create the swing options. Gray should be in your fwd line and 115+pts mid only should be in his place.

Michael · 23/06/2014 at 19:47

Yeah good point IBB, cheers!

Michael · 23/06/2014 at 19:57

Actually, in thinking a bit more about this, can you recommend any cheap swing rookies atm? That's the problem, there isn't any, and I don't like the idea of having a $300K+ player on my bench just for the swing option. I can't see any other way to provide swing other than having swing premos. Does that make sense?

Kev · 22/06/2014 at 22:41

Posted 2,517 this week Jock, 106th for the round. First score over 2500 from memory. Pretty chuffed with that πŸ™‚

Wes · 22/06/2014 at 22:50

Awesome score kev

Billy · 22/06/2014 at 22:51

wp wp

Wes · 22/06/2014 at 22:50

Hey community,
Thoughts on the following pls…
Out… Danger and dahlhaus
In… Gray and fyfe
On afl fantasy… Two trades a week or lose them.
Not enough $ for dusty and boomer

This makes mid and Feds…
Rocky, gaj, beams, stevie j, swan, cornes, fyfe, Tyson.
And
Parker, Gary, chapman, stef Martin, tex walker, Jamie Elliott

Phil · 22/06/2014 at 23:03

Need your help community.
I've got 97k in bank and want to trade out Langdon. Burgoyne is best averaging defender I could get. Or do I go Ambrose>Kersten/ Honeychurch and keep Langdon and upgrade Shenton to a premium player

Billy · 22/06/2014 at 23:27

if langdon doesnt play next week due to concussion then trade him out for burgoyne, but if langdon does play then do for the second option.

watch team sheets

WombatsFC · 23/06/2014 at 17:52

I have Burgoyne and have cursed his selection since round 8. I'm turning Langdon into Hibbard or Scott Thompson this week, probably Hibbard

Garglesnarf FC · 24/06/2014 at 08:26

Hi Wombats!
      Hibberd quite likely to not play at this stage. Very bad cork on top of a 6 day break. I would hold off until he is confirmed in the starting line up 1hr before game time.

Sleepy · 22/06/2014 at 23:18

I reckon Miles gonna be another Tyson. I got on Miles but missed Tyson. Who are the people for recognizing talent at GWS when they are a developing side and let two players of that calibre slip away?

Sarah · 23/06/2014 at 08:25

I think they've got more than enough talent left to be able to let a few go and still be able to sleep at night.

Sheeds · 23/06/2014 at 17:54

I think it might have something to with playing with a team of experienced hard bodied men instead of playing in a team of younger lighter players.

Jack · 22/06/2014 at 23:22

Liberatore or Priddis?

Billy · 22/06/2014 at 23:26

libba if you can afford him

Matt · 23/06/2014 at 12:55

If Griffen is injured then Libba will get tagged and his output will be affected just keep that in mind

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 16:31

Libba wont be getting tagged this week v Melbourne. Cross will be sent to MaCrae again.

Azmataz · 25/06/2014 at 04:50

Libba! He da man!

Caz · 23/06/2014 at 01:37

Hi guys thoughts on current team.
Bartel mcveigh swallow jaensch hibberd Langdon ( Tippett bews )
Ablett pendlebury selwood murphy beams fyfe Johnson Goddard ( taylor obrien )
Sandilands Jacobs ( currie king )
Dangerfield Martin pavlich zorko dalhaus wingard ( Ambrose cameron )
Thinking of going taylor down to morabito and Langdon to Simpson Hanley birchell.
Any advice welcome thnx.

dean billman · 23/06/2014 at 02:45

How many trades left?

Caz · 23/06/2014 at 20:43

Only 4

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 23/06/2014 at 08:52

Hi Caz. Word is Hibberd & Langdon won’t play this week. So trading in defence looks like your prerogative

julz · 23/06/2014 at 09:56

Sh*t! What happened to hibberd

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 23/06/2014 at 10:38

In doubt with a corkey

Caz · 23/06/2014 at 20:44

The only one I'm worried about is Langdon, just wondering who I should get for him.

David Bish · 23/06/2014 at 07:05

Travis boak??? Thoughts please

Kev · 23/06/2014 at 10:52

I like him as a footballer, fantastic captain. His scoring can be a bit up and down though. Greenwood looks tempting at 530k. Hasn't dropped below 100 for 6 weeks (high of 137). TAT candidate?

TOM · 23/06/2014 at 07:12

Kane Mitchell to Miles?

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 23/06/2014 at 08:49

Don’t mind it. Think Miles has better JS

Crashman · 23/06/2014 at 09:51

Any news whether Murph's hammy issue that made him late withdrawal an issue or not going forward?

@TG_Footy_Tragic · 23/06/2014 at 11:46

Community – I pose a question….

Kade Simpson – i have full prem, looking to add a quality d7 as cover.
Has he been found out? Last 3 avg 64…
Is he being tagged? or just wailing in a poo Carlton team?
I have about $522k to play with, and would like the best avg-ing DEF (from here on out) to add.

Trading Derickx to Brown, L Taylor (swing) to K Simpson or Shaw… or?

Team, as it stands before Trades.
DEF: McVeigh, Swallow, Malceski, Hibberd, Hanley, Hurn – Bews, J Hunt
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Selwood, Beams, Mundy, Rocky, Murphy, Goddard – L Taylor, Acres
RUC: Sandi, Jacobs – Derickx, Smith
FWD: Danger, Dusty, Parker, Breust, Roughy, Buddy – Zorko, Cameron

Rank 235, 2547pts this week.
Good amount of trades left
Cheers

big aggots · 23/06/2014 at 12:15

Bugg was not interested in getting the ball himself, and didn't leave Simpson's side all day. Not sure why Malthouse didn't send him forward. If other teams use a similar tactic he's cooked. I rage traded him last night and slept well.

Garglesnarf FC · 23/06/2014 at 12:49

In addition that was Carltons easiest game in it’s run home. Only the Bulldogs are a possible win from here. Good time to be short on Carlton players.

medadsson · 23/06/2014 at 18:53

109, 130. 102 and 114 since the bye … Duffield 501k. Consider Freo's remaining run home and fact Johnson will probably be out at least another 4-5 weeks or more. Surely you could not get better for a D7. Good luck regardless, great ranking!

Azmataz · 25/06/2014 at 04:53

I would probably go Shaw at the moment. He is looking good and leading the young GWS side.

James · 23/06/2014 at 12:28

Hi Community,

Need some advice,

I have Shenton in the midfield as bench coverage and looking for a downgrade option. How does Mitch Honeychurch sound? Close to getting a game?

In my forward line I need an upgrade for Impey. Out of Wingard, Zorko, Rioli and Walker, who is the best option?
I really want Harvey but he is just to expensive now.

Appreciate the advice.

big aggots · 23/06/2014 at 12:52

Consider Shannon Motlop @ 378K. 2nd 100+ game in a row and looking good.

Itchy Nuts Pieman · 23/06/2014 at 13:16

Not sure on Honeychurch. Keeps tearing it up I’m the twos & being named emergency! Of that lot I’d take Wingard. Had some midfield time last week. Hope it continues

SCaddict · 23/06/2014 at 13:47

If Shenton is your only bench cover in the midfield I'd be reluctant to trade him.

We've seen in the past fortnight 4 popular mids drop out at the last moment only to leave heaps of coaches exposed to big fat donuts and in many cases costing them league wins along with relinquishing plenty of ranking places.

Would be looking at other options, even downgrading Impey to Kersten, if you can't generate sufficient cash elsewhere for an upgrade there.

ash · 23/06/2014 at 13:01

Fyfe or Goddard?

Things to take into account: Will Fyfe be rested?, Freo's easy next month, No Watson in the Essendon midfield now…

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 16:27

Fyfe. Gets more contested ball. And will be harder to tag outve the game.

Freo won't rest him until or if they manage to solidify a minimum top 4 spot for finals. Plus Lyons has came out and said he has no intention of resting sandilands and pav, who imo would need the rest more

sharker4 · 23/06/2014 at 13:31

Would you consider Hooker to Hibberd a sideways trade? Im thinking Hooker is mid and Hibberd is a premo

SCaddict · 23/06/2014 at 13:58

Yes pretty sideways to me. Better off holding off on those sorts of trades until we get near the Supercoach finals and you still have trades to spare. There will be plenty of opportunities to swap for fallen premos at that time should you feel so inclined.

Anyway that trade proposal may be a moot point this week at least, as there is some chatter that Hibberd could miss with a corky this round.

sharker4 · 23/06/2014 at 16:30

I think I was trying to convince myself it wasnt a sideways trade when deep down i knew. Didnt know about the corky, I'll guess ill pass on the trade, for now

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 16:24

I also Hookers score should improve with Hurley back in the line. Or at least that's what I am hoping….

sharker4 · 24/06/2014 at 10:51

Ok, lets hope!!!

I'll hold my trades for this week

Derek · 23/06/2014 at 13:44

How did Josh Caddy look on the weekend? was he the sub? Can pick him up for under $250k after next week.

Anyone considering him as a Forward emergency/loophole?

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 17:24

I lost my patience with Caddy. Held him till he got injured and was quite a disappointment.
    Not going to get lured into wasting a trade.

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 17:33

Caddy was sub though. Stokes got injured and subbed off EARLY in the second. So a 33ish sc is a let down for nearly 3qtrs of footy

Vossy · 23/06/2014 at 18:01

He looked just as crap as he did before he broke his foot.

Thomas · 23/06/2014 at 13:49

Guys big headache for me – m6 fwd line has nriewoldt, shenton and ambrose.
Need to trade one of these guys up to parker…but who? I have kept nroo for so long and he is still leaking value.
Let me know fellas.

SCaddict · 23/06/2014 at 14:14

Out of those 3 I would probably upgrade Ambrose to Parker.

You've hitched your wagon to NRoo for this long that you may as well ride him out until the SC finals, at which time you could consider a sideways trade then if the rest of your house is in order.

WkendAtBernieVs · 23/06/2014 at 14:21

I would definitely keep shenton as he is a dual position player… will come in handy at the backend of the season. Ambrose has been quite consistent and is also a perfect backup option ( he has another 30k or so to fatten up also).
    Nroo has only scored over 80 once in the last 8 rounds i cant see him turning it around, I would give him the chop.

Derek · 23/06/2014 at 14:34

NRoo killed me in SC finals last year. I didn't have him but it seemed every one of my opponents did.

God · 23/06/2014 at 13:59

what does the community think is the best upgrade option is for langdon?? I only have 100k in in the bank for the upgrade!

WkendAtBernieVs · 23/06/2014 at 14:16

Depends who you dont have already… best in the sub 470 price point would have to be swallow, birchall or hibberd

WkendAtBernieVs · 23/06/2014 at 14:25

if hibberd isnt injured

WkendAtBernieVs · 23/06/2014 at 14:14

Rhyce Shaw now confirmed out (2-3 weeks). Gotta go or worth keeping if you have coverage?

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 16:22

I would like to move him on if I had him.
    BUT it comes down to your league position, cover and trades left vs spots to fill.

Mike · 23/06/2014 at 14:20

Best downgrade option this week in the midfield or ruck already got miles

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 16:19

off the top of my head, supposedly Morabito keeps killing it in the wafl and is on the edge of debut this season.

Honeychurch is also on the edge of debut though he was well held this week.

Could take a punt on Jack Martin. Highly touted and looked decent in his second afl game and first game back from injury. On the bubble but with a BE of 55 due to his injury game and also is slightly pricey at 220k.

I cant think of any rucks to look at that have some promise for this season.
    Long shots to look at though could be Lobb and Archie Smith

Derek · 23/06/2014 at 17:24

Ben brown from North worth a look as a FWD/RUC option. He looked ok on weekend

Dutch Life · 23/06/2014 at 15:47

Lewis Taylor> Robbie Gray
Langdon> Any premo defender, was thinking McVeigh. Already have Bartel, Simpson, Swallow, Birchall, Jansch.
This will give me three trades, with Stefan Martin my last upgrade which I will not use until he has absolutly hit his peak, other then that I have no intention of trading.
I will also have $160,000 in the war chest after those trades.
Would love your thought community, Cheers.

scano · 23/06/2014 at 15:54

Could someone please tell me Rockliffs projected score for this week please?

Thanks

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 16:10

125

scano · 23/06/2014 at 16:25

thanks mate

PsychicPhil · 23/06/2014 at 18:05

163

Azmataz · 25/06/2014 at 04:58

185

TOM · 23/06/2014 at 15:54

Thoughts on my team:
Backs: Swallow, bartel, burgoyne, hurn, hanley, langdon (cutler, georgio)
mids: ablett, pendles, beams, rockliff, selwood, ward, kennedy, k.mitchell (hartung, acres)
rucks: sandi, mummy (derickx, thurlow)
fwds: danger, martin, wingard, zorko, parker, mcgovern (shenton, cameron)

7 trades left $43,000 left.

Thoughts?

James · 23/06/2014 at 16:13

You could go k.mitchell to honeychurch, sub him forward and sub shenton onto the ground in the middle. That should leave you with roughly 250k left. You could then either do an upgrade of mitchell to someone like gray or another premo midfielder around that price, otherwise you could go langdon to malceski or someone around that price. If you wanted to do another downgrade you could do cutler to zak jones and do a double upgrade next week. Best of luck!

scano · 23/06/2014 at 16:15

Best mid under 600 k?

PsychicPhil · 23/06/2014 at 18:06

Beams

MightyDonsFC · 24/06/2014 at 00:34

Everyone has beams, probably fyfe

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 17:17

Very interesting POD cast. Though it left me more confused for my next move or two.

COMMUNITY please advise
Going for league win – but tough league. One loss and I'll drop from second to eight potentially. Two losses could send me right down to the 10-14th spot.

Have 33k 10 trades and essentially 2ish spots left to upgrade.

def: Simpson, McVeigh, Swallow, Hooker, Jaensch, Hanley (McDonald, Laidler)
mid: Ablett, Jelwood, Goddard, POLEC, MaCrae, Libbatore, Pendlebury, Beams (Shenton, Taylor)
ruc: Sandi, Goldstein (thurlow, Currie)
fwd: Dangerfield, DustinMartin, Dahlhaus, LeCras, StefanMartin, Zorko (Ambrose, Lloyd)

I see MaCrae getting tagged out by cross again…. Which is making me think of doing a straight swap for Parker who I will then swing into the fwd once StefMartin has fully appreciated. Completing my fwd Line. And helping my chance for a win this week.

Or I hold trades as polec, shenton taylor ambrose have low BEs.
Or I do one up one down for I dont know who….

TOM · 23/06/2014 at 17:30

I think it's time to say goodbye to one of your rookies. You could downgrade a taylor to honeychurch so you still have bench cover and still make some $$$

Azmataz · 25/06/2014 at 05:08

Yeah I agree with Tom, I would get rid of Polec and Taylor for Rocky and Honeychurch. Mind you I quite like you Macrae to Parker trade and maybe do the above trade next week.

The Garbo · 25/06/2014 at 16:18

cheers lads!

KadeKisajet · 23/06/2014 at 19:03

teams set! this is when good teams become bad and bad teams become good or good teams become even better. Macrae out Pendles in. Obviously the best choice since I have Ablett. Don't you think? others could include libba and Ward.

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 19:13

Definitely grab de-pendlebury for your next mid spot

Woodman · 23/06/2014 at 19:33

Hey guys, thoughts on my team;
Def: McVeigh, Bartel, Hanley, Thompson, Jaensch, Langdon (Bews, Aylett)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, Kennedy, Murphy, Selwood, Johnson, Shenton (O'Brian, Acres)
Rcks: Sandilands, Goldstein (Currie, King)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Zorko, Martin, Dalhlous, Wingard, Pavlich (Ambrose, Cameron)

Just over $188,000 in the kitty and six trades left. Thoughts?

BCHawks · 23/06/2014 at 19:47

Hey Woodman, I would go Langdon to Swallow and then next week got Ambrose to Kersten and then Shenton to a premium medfielder.

Woodman · 23/06/2014 at 20:30

Yes looking at Swallow. Langdon will have to go.

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 20:07

Langdon and lack of trades you have are your main issues.
    Langdon is potentially in doubt for this round and you dont have any cover most likely. Could cost you a league win. AND I don't think he is a keeper, though you dont have many trades left and you would like to take a few trades into finals.

The rest looks quite solid. I would look to get a value defender for langdon (ie. Hooker, Murphy etc) to allow you to spend more cash on a mid with a higher ceiling to replace shenton.

Woodman · 23/06/2014 at 20:31

Yep would like to take 2 to 3 trades into finals.

Pittz · 23/06/2014 at 20:16

Best midfielder under 450 thousand ?

Help please

scano · 23/06/2014 at 20:24

Burgoyne, zorko or maybe even wingard if you really need someone.
    Would hold on getting in Zorko this week though

Maybe try getting miles and then upgrade him later on..

Pittz · 23/06/2014 at 20:31

How about sam gibson ?

MightyDonsFC · 24/06/2014 at 00:31

I also need a cheap midfielder(464k). I've decided that I'll bring in cotchin for kane mitchell only if stokes, Jackson and hartlett aren't named this week. Also keep and eye on kade simpson

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 23:44

Under 450k maybe Kornes or Stanton (with jobe gone).
    Pickings are pretty poor for midfielders. If you can scrounge an extra 10-20k you all of a sudden have players like:
    Montagna 457k
    Cotchin 464k
    Swan 466k
    Jackson 461k (exclude injury score of 18 avg 106)

piewood1 · 23/06/2014 at 20:25

Good side you got there…but I think it's time to say bye bye to Langdon…..he's served us well. Personally I'd be going Bartel duel position & proven premo who is capable of 150 plus scores.

piewood1 · 23/06/2014 at 20:29

oops I just noticed you already got Bartel,…how about Swallow?…..once again Duel Position

Nick · 23/06/2014 at 20:51

Hi community thoughts much appreciated.
Def: McVeigh, Bartel, Hanley, swallow, Jaensch, hibberd (tippet, Aylett)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Beams, ward, Murphy, Selwood, libba, Shenton (O'Brian, Hartung)
Rcks: Sandilands, Jacobs (Currie, derickx)
Fwds: Dangerfield, Zorko, Martin, gray, Parker, Martin (Ambrose, Cameron)

380k left in the war chest.

Thinking of going derickx to Ben brown and Shenton to boomer because of his easy run coming up.

Woodman · 23/06/2014 at 22:19

Yep Swallow is a good option.

The Garbo · 23/06/2014 at 23:53

Any one know of any defender downgrades that have yet to debut that have been playing well and have a decent shot at getting a game? Can only think of fwds and mids

Wattsieesq · 24/06/2014 at 10:20

Zac Jones had his first game last week. He should have a bit longer run now that Shaw is injured.

Vic City · 24/06/2014 at 02:19

Thoughts on Shenton to Fyfe (pushing Miles to bench) and Ambrose to Kersten this week then bring in K Simpson for McDonald when he bottoms out in a couple?

Kev · 24/06/2014 at 16:30

Give Kersten one more week. 10 possessions at 50% d.e hasn’t got me too excited. Will be relying on goals to get a score, be interesting to see if he can back up his 3 from last week. Ambrose should make another 10k or so this week.

Vic City · 25/06/2014 at 02:13

Good point, problem being it would put teen wolf out of reach but maybe better to let the rookies ripen and look elsewhere for my M8? Maybe Dal Santo given Norths easy run in.

TOM · 24/06/2014 at 07:29

Hi community. Can I have your thoughts on my team.
Backs: Swallow, Bartel, Burgoyne, Hurn, Hanley, Langdon (Cutler, Georgio)
Mids: Ablett, Pendles, Beams, Selwood, Kennedy, Rockliff, Ward, K.Mitchell (Hartung, Acres)
Rucks: Mummy, Sandi, (Derickx, Thurlow)
Fwds: Danger, Parker, Martin, Zorko, Wingard, Mcgovern( Shenton, Cameron)

I have 7 trades left with $40,000 left.

I was thinking trading K.Mitchell to honeychurch and swapping honeychurch fwd and put someone like parker in the mids. That would leave me with around $260k. I was then thinking of going Langdon to McVeigh and that would leave around $95,000 left for next week.

thoughts?

TigerTuff · 24/06/2014 at 10:45

Would people consider Scott.D.Thompson or S.Burgoyne as the final D6 position?

Kev · 24/06/2014 at 16:22

sdt

TigerTuff · 24/06/2014 at 10:52

Really wanted to wait for Sam Mitchell to come back from injury to get rid of Langdon but now with that score of 12 in his 3 round scoring chain is it time to let him go before he leaks more cash?

Kev · 24/06/2014 at 16:22

Has a b.e of 131 this week and is projected to lose another 25k this week, and another 20k the following. Bringing him down to around 330k and almost untradeable unless you've got the funds. Get rid of him now if you can

Azmataz · 25/06/2014 at 05:20

Yes definitely go to Plan B. Langdons gotta go

john · 24/06/2014 at 12:59

What to do this week. Got slammed on weekend with r shaw, langdon and griffen all subbed out of the game. Can trade two but not all three. What is the word on their injuries community?? I am overseas at the moment so info is a little harder to come by. Thanks in advance.

Kev · 24/06/2014 at 16:10

I'd move on langdon, John. He was never going to be a keeper and is going to bleed cash for the next 2 weeks while that 12 is in his 3-week average.

Wait for more info re: shaw and griff. Check back later in the week

john · 25/06/2014 at 11:06

Thanks kev. Langdon to thompson or hibberd is looking like the option.

Adam · 24/06/2014 at 14:24

Franklin or Parker

The Garbo · 24/06/2014 at 15:56

parker

scano · 24/06/2014 at 16:21

I can bring in rockliff this week and just about use up all my cash or I could get someone like gray/sloane/fyfe and save a bit of cash for upgrading/sideway trading underperforming players come finals? Is this smart or do I just go all out and get rocky?

mrfosak · 24/06/2014 at 18:46

How strong is the rest of your mid? Rockliff fairly pricey at the mo.

scano · 24/06/2014 at 20:29

Currently have Ablett, pendles, beams, selwood, goddard, JPK and one spot left for rockliff or someone else

scano · 24/06/2014 at 20:31

and murphy

Kev · 24/06/2014 at 22:14

Who are you trading out for Rocky? And how many trades do you have left?

scano · 25/06/2014 at 08:19

Trading out Shenton with 6 trades left

mrfosak · 24/06/2014 at 18:44

Parker in for Ambrose this week or hold another week?

Fwd line: Danger, D. Martin, Zorko, Wingard, Pav, S. Martin (Ambrose, C. Cameron)

Kev · 24/06/2014 at 22:36

Parker has a b.e of 110 this week. It's gettable for him but his price won't sky rocket even he does pull out a decent score. Ambrose will likely rise by about 10k.

Depends on your situation really. Easy league game this week? Funds an issue? Trades low? Won't kill your plans to hold off on the trade for a week.

Muddies Mudflaps · 24/06/2014 at 18:51

Hey geys I’m going to trade Laidler up to s Thompson but to get the funds for this I’m downgrading derrix in the ruck but I’m not sure witch way to go about it down to A Smith for maximum profit or down to B Brown for a little less profit but possible ruck bench cover?

The Garbo · 24/06/2014 at 22:20

Best downgrade option for any position (with the plan to take them to finals)?
Zac Jones, Viv Michie, shane kersten or someone else?

tgrims · 27/06/2014 at 04:40

The guy coming 7th has the name Patrick.. not Matt?
Whats going on boys?