VonCrow_smallDrumroll please… Presenting the Red Barrons!

Here’s how my team is currently standing, of course we reserve the right to change the team (especially rookies) before the season begins, which has a very high chance of happening. We all have some methods to our Supercoach madness, which I’ll go into below, but first, the reveal!

CLICK HERE FOR THE OTHER INNER SANCTUM TEAM REVEALS

BVC Image 1

BVC Image 2

1. The Barron likes the Swans

Yes, I’ve got a massive 6 Sydney Swans players in my side (do you think they’ll give me a Supercoach CoLA?), including 2 in my Ruck department and 3 in my Forward line. 4 of the 6 will (hopefully) be season long keepers. I think Pyke is an underrated ruck option, who’ll be taking over the #1 spot from the departed Shane Mumford. Value pick for mine. Kennedy and Franklin are fallen premiums selections while Rohan and Derickx are for cash generation purposes and won’t make it the entire year.

2. Round 10 Byes

I have 15 outs in Round 10, including my entire ruck squad(!) and 5 of my forwards. You’ll also notice I’ve only got 6 outs in Round 9. This is where my plan kicks in. Because I have so few outs in Round 9, it gives me the opportunity to use all 3 trades to prepare for Round 10. So for example, in Round 9 I can trade out players such as Sandilands, Derickx/Thurlow and Rohan for Round 8 bye round players, which puts my Round 10 bye count down to 12. Then in Round 10 I’ve still got another 3 trades to use to trade out players like JKH, Georgiou and Tyson/Dunstan to bring my Round 10 out count down to a more reasonable 9 outs.

3. 500K+ players (aka Premo picks)

I only have 7 players with a starting price above 500K; or players that are classified as “Premiums” by the Higginator. I have invested quite a bit in the “fallen premiums”, players in the 400K-500K range, with picks like Beams, Thomas, Franklin and Pavlich, who all had down years in 2013 compared to their 2012 seasons. Picking a few fallen premiums instead of the more expensive 500K+ premiums has allowed me to save a bit of cash and do things like bring in a Liam Shiels as my MID6, rather that using a rookie priced player and Josh Caddy as my FWD5, rather than Rohan or a rookie priced player as well as spending a tad more on quality NAB Challenge performers like Tyson and Polec as my MID7-8 rather than the 130K rookie options. I’m comfortable with both the scoring potential of the Beams/Thomas/Shiel picks, while also getting players in Tyson and Polec who I think will serve both cash generation and on-field scoring functions.

4. Risks?

The most obvious risk also ties back to point 3. With the lack of my premium players to start with I’m quite reliant on my fallen premiums regaining their former status, as well as a few mid-priced options like Suckling, Shaw, Shiels and Caddy scoring enough points and generating enough cash to make their picks worthwhile. Also like Higgo I’ve selected Aaron Sandilands, but haven’t given myself any cover with a mid-priced R3. If Sandilands is out for the week and Derickx or Thurlow don’t play, I could find myself short a ruck and may have to trade out Sandilands earlier than I want to just to field a full side. The safer option I can pull is to downgrade a mid pricer like Shiels to a rookie selection and then trade in Sandilands for a Jacobs/Lobbe/Mumford type priced player and forgo the Sandilands headaches completely, but I’ll also miss out on the potential rewards.

So, that’s my team and strategy going into the 2014 season. I’m quite happy with it, but I want to know what the Jock Reynolds Community thinks of my Red Barrons.

Barron Von Crow

Alex · 09/03/2014 at 10:28

Thoughts would be good! Having trouble with the dual position players in the midfield.

DEF – Mcveigh, Hanley, Swallow, Suckling, Webster, McDonald – INT – Fuller, Georgiou

MID – Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Mitchell, Beams, Thomas, Martin, Polec – INT – Dunstan, Crouch

RUC – McEvoy, Sandilands – INT – Thurlow, Nankervis

FWD – Dangerfield, Roughead, Franklin, Higgins, Rohan, Kennedy-Harris – INT – Taylor, Honeychurch

taylorwoof · 09/03/2014 at 10:32

Really Alex?

This article is all about BVC's team. There are more appropriate articles where you can post your team, EG – 'Show us your Team'.

Alex · 09/03/2014 at 12:52

what happened. I was just trying to get some tips for my team!

Dee · 09/03/2014 at 13:50

Alex you are a tool…. Fairdinkum.

Alex · 09/03/2014 at 14:49

look on the other team reveals, people are posting there teams! Im so offended you called me a tool, are you 12?

Alex · 09/03/2014 at 15:12

and, "fairdinkum" is actually spelt fair dinkum… "tool"! If you are going to insult you might as well spell the words correctly!

WombatsFC · 10/03/2014 at 09:44

The fact that you put that team up as well, makes me laugh

Alex · 10/03/2014 at 09:48

Why?

William · 10/03/2014 at 18:17

Matt · 09/03/2014 at 11:35

Geez… lighten up fellas. What happened to this being a "community". The whole point of the community is for people to share teams and tips, and you'll see that in every comment feed. Why have a go at this particular one?

taylorwoof · 09/03/2014 at 11:46

Hey Matt,

First comment posting a side…come on! It's just being ignorant to BVC's article. Sorry i'm just not a fan of it.

SCaddict · 09/03/2014 at 12:14

Perhaps Matt but not the very first post when the focus is on one of the JR crews teams. Not the best way to endear yourself to the community as you can see by all the thumbs down.

A bit like pushing in line. Not the worst offence in the world but nonetheless people don't like it.

At the very least he could've made one or two comments about BVC's team first.

Would be good if the Show us your team thread was permanently fixtured on the home page and not buried in the archives though.

jockreynolds · 09/03/2014 at 12:45

Gotta agree with you Matty – I love how any man woman or child can come here without fear of gettin potted. All good – passionate people around the community looking out for all of us. I reckon it might just be a heads up for another "show us your team" article

George Bakkalis · 15/03/2014 at 16:45

Totally agree Jock, the current 'show us your team' is so old that nobody ever looks at it! I reckon a new one would be a great idea!

BeaglieBoy · 09/03/2014 at 18:46

oh…and your team…..two words….cookie cutter

taylorwoof · 09/03/2014 at 10:31

G'day BVC!

It looks quite good mate! Nice mix of premiums, fallen premiums, unique's and rookies.

Can i ask the reasoning for leaving G.A out of your starting mids? Only room for one 650K+ players?

Cheers!

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:35

Yep, couldn't fit him in and I wanted avoid multiple midfield premo's out in Rd 8. The hope is my Bye round plan can work so I can bring him in by Rd 9 and have him for the 2nd half of the year.

taylorwoof · 09/03/2014 at 13:05

The dreaded Round 8 Bye!

Thanks for responding BVC!

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 10:38

Team looks good. I think like my own team may have issues with rookies playing every week. My backline worries me as im sure it does you. Last year we had Port rookies down back to rely on, with some solid cheap options up fwd in neade and dwyer getting regular gigs, and all at a more reasonable price. Spending $180k on McDonald and friends is murder, needs to play plenty and early. I may have to go down to Grundy just to free some cash.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 10:39

Whats the reason behind no GAJ?

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:38

Easier to fit into my bye round structure without Gaz AND Pendles, so I went with Pendles, and will bring in Gaz during my bye round trading (hopefully!)

The Pom · 09/03/2014 at 13:26

You won't be the only one using that system mate but you could have already missed out on a lot of points by Rd 8!
      Just can't bring myself to start the season without the Little Master

Dee · 09/03/2014 at 13:51

Agreed!

Bender · 09/03/2014 at 18:19

I agree with BVC here 100%. Gary is priced at his average, so therefore if you don't select Gary and choose say Rockliffe instead, you'd be saving $100k and can spend that money on improving your team elsewhere. So you're not missing out on points, in fact if you spend wisely you can jump on a mid who will improve their output from last year and score more points than somebody starting with Gaz as he will not improve his average from last year.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 18:39

But at the cost of a few trades to get him and 20ppg to Rockliff who may also drop. Not to mention the impact of VC loop when he goes nuts! Has lead the 3km time trials pre season according to Suns website, so is fit as, with resigning deal and determined to make top 8 he will be as good as ever. I did a 2nd team without him last year picking up fyfe and murphy instead. Almost identical teams otherwise but some slight changes throughout season. (fyfe contested that kicking charge remember cost him an extra week). Finished 3000ish and i kept wanting to trade him in but was an experiment; my proper team with Ablett finished 465th overall.

@JPBlacker · 09/03/2014 at 22:39

So do you still have dangers locked in fwd? despite all of this and his slow start last season?

Jezzalenko · 09/03/2014 at 10:40

Not a bad looking team Baron. I like Liam Shiels and Sam Shaw, I think you'll get good value out of those guys. Fingers crossed Clarkson plays Shiels in the same roll as he did through the NAB challenge. Not sold on JPK after he burnt me a bit last year but I know he's capable of being an elite SC mid, just waiting to see how he goes first.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 11:07

JPK had arduos 2013 has come back fresh from all accounts. Ready to go and looks switched on from all accounts. He is in the rare 650+ disposal range under 600k and 90k cheaper than 2013, was avg 130 odd after first 5 or 6 games. Him, Cotch, Watson, Rocky, Barlow all offer better value for under Dangers $609k pricetag. If Dangers is playn fwd like he did in 2013 may see sub 500disp again. Did you know Danger didnt even make top 100 for total effective disp in 2013? Was held together by those 150+ games (champion data love him like they do Rioli Cotchin) which was when he played predominantly mid. If it was any other midfielder and youre spending $600k youd be getting grey hairs just thinking about where he was getting played.

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:39

That's the big hope for me too Jezzalenko, will be brutal if Shiels goes back to tagging after the pre-season he's had.

neil the nail · 09/03/2014 at 10:44

way to may swans players

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:39

Maybe! But hopefully i'll get a few of 'em out of the side by the bye rounds.

ken · 09/03/2014 at 10:48

a fair team you have put forward congrats , like the back line espesh

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 10:52

Shiels, what about that McRae kid, has grown few inchs and bulked up, could he be the real deal in his 2nd year like Wingard? Two outings in the 25+ disp 10 tackle rangd. Anyone know if he will be regular feature in mid? Also Matt Thomas $250k from Tiges 25disp 10 tackles after picking up 15 disp in half game vs Pies, has impressed Hardwick.

Suckling will he be good to go early?

Matt · 09/03/2014 at 11:38

Yes, Macrae should play every game in midfield. Sounds like a great pick, but I'm not gonna start with him, myself. Might downgrade to him after 3 or 4 rounds.

Kev · 09/03/2014 at 10:58

Ellis-Yolmen is the interesting one for mine. What's the word on him BVC? (or anyone in the community)

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:45

Was a speculative pick at the time, he's been on the list 3 years now and with Hendo going down he was a chance to make the side down back, but i've cooled off him a tad since he missed the GWS trial game (Sando talked up the side would be near full strength).

rhino · 09/03/2014 at 11:03

Great team Barron, I really like the fallen premiums.

On another note, there is a supercoach draft league available, the code is 550900

Tyson · 09/03/2014 at 11:17

Can't understand why i'm not seeing more of C Wingard!

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 11:35

Is still a fwd, will get more time in mid this year. I had him last year after his 1st price rise was still cheap about $260kish? Avg 130 at bubble when i took him over Mullet glad i did, wasnt spectacular though. Would hit 19-21 disp 2goals most games avg 85-90 for round 4 to 14 (give or take) so i traded him up then very week i did so he went 130 x 3 games, i couldnt believe my luck! At that price better options

The T Train · 09/03/2014 at 11:25

Ellis-Yolmen is a weapon. Said to be like a young A Goodes. I can’t see him getting much game time tho without some injuries to open up spots.

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:45

Yes, the hope was he'd snag a spot down back, but i'm not sure if that'll happen. He will get game time at some point in the year, just not sure when ATM.

Sean · 09/03/2014 at 11:29

Nice unique team BVC, some speculative picks there but could turn out very good!
On a side note, anyone who's looking for an Ultimate Footy league to join, I've got a fairly serious one going, but need players fast! Category-based, 12 players, Monday 8:30, named Elite Ultimate, code is 949729.
Cheers

Hampton · 09/03/2014 at 11:58

apparently the league doesn't exist

Sean · 09/03/2014 at 16:21

Hmm that's weird.
      Does anyone have a league for me to join then? I just found out about Ultimate Footy and would love to play. Even a supercoach or RDT draft league would be good.
      Cheers

Daniel · 09/03/2014 at 11:37

any reason why houli isnt in any teams?? seems like he is on no ones radar whatsoever

zimmerbd · 09/03/2014 at 12:02

Was thinking about him the other day watching the Ess v Tiges. Seems to rack them up, and very good disposal efficiency. I think most are probably put off by his price, which is pretty high, and he can go missing when the pressure is on. Anyway, he might make a good POD.

Daniel · 09/03/2014 at 12:46

thanks for the reply zimmerbd

yeah look going on his output last year he didnt perform some games, but overall pushes out the 75-100 mark very consistently, and for that price, at aorund the d3-d4 for some, he looks pretty good to me! just hadnt seen him in not one team yet on this site! im backing him this year to be consistent

Josh · 09/03/2014 at 13:31

I’ve got him in my team as D3 and i like him a lot. I think he’ll get more midfield time this year and his DE% is very nice.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 18:54

Had him last year thinking more mid time after dominant NAB cup, he started poor, 66 and 79, few blokes (one a tiges supporter) suggested i was optimistic. So doubts crept in, also Leuy was named rnd 2 at $300k which i didnt have and i saw that to be a key move so i traded Houli down at bubble rather than lose $30k cash. Unfortunately instead of Campbell Heath i got bloody Luke Brown (who was the slowest rookie cash rise in 2013 i might add). Really hurt when backline carnage arrived and Houli started hitting hundys. I think i did ok though even tho it hurt, i got Leuy from the trade and Josh Kennedy in for Karnezis in corrective trades, then Varcoe into Wingard a week later.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 18:58

Oh yeah was gonna suggest Enright, Birch, Simpson or Hanley for not much more. Enright and Simpson extremely consistent. Hanley rollercoaster, Birch best avg effective disposals a game with 18

Jye · 09/03/2014 at 11:44

Quality work here, Barron. Genuine top, top stuff. This one of the favourite teams that I've seen posted so far… but no Ablett! A part from that, It's giving me some serious food for thought. Love the picks of Shiels and Pyke. Love your work!

SCdonkey · 09/03/2014 at 11:48

Tom Lynch, the Crows' leading goalkicker last year, suffered a suspected dislocated shoulder two weeks before they start their season against the Cats in Geelong.

Andy Otten jarred a knee, SAM SHAW suffered hamstring tightness and Richard Douglas had a groin problem, leaving Adelaide with one fresh man on the bench after halftime.

I think M Crouch will have a good chance playing in Rd1 and M Jaensch has been impressive all 3 games during preseason matches, he has put his hands up and ready to breakout after 4 season and likely to play more games than last 4 season, job security looking good for Jaensch. At $298K perfect candidate in D4 position in my team.

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:48

Otten, Shaw and Douglas will all hopefully play Round 1 (Crows get an extra week break), so i'm not expecting any major changes there. Crouch was a chance anyway, but i'm shy of picking him as I think he'll just be given a taste test during the early part of the year, so i'm not sure if he'll make enough $ to make it work.

SCdonkey · 09/03/2014 at 13:00

Really hope Shaw will be fine. I really like how he has been playing and a really nice POD to have, if doesn't get to start by Rd1 an excellent player to downgrade or upgrade to IMO. I'll keep a close eye on him.

SCdonkey · 09/03/2014 at 12:00

Nice work BVC. I see there's a lot love for the Swans players. No Gaz? Are we missing something here, is there something we don't know why Gaz has been left out? Is he not a certain starter for Rd1? Please fill us if you don't mind.

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:49

Nahm nothing wrong with Gaz, donkey, just didn't want to fit 2 Round 8 byes into my initial side, so I tossed a coin and it came up Pendles! Reckon they'll be neck and neck all year.

SCdonkey · 09/03/2014 at 13:06

Thanks for the reply BVC, I guess i had the same thought too. The Rd8 bye makes it hard to have them both, my concern with Gaz is how often is he gonna play up forward will it affect his SC score. He has been in and out in my team switching with Pendle.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:02

With Sandi hopefully still playing and VC loop surely both having rnd 8 bye isnt an issue? Not versus pts lost up to round 8??

Dale · 10/03/2014 at 12:16

GAJ has a calf injury according to SC Gold..Surely the community has the bugs in the right rooms, to know the lowdown. I heard the Crouching one has been staked out for the last four days and nights with a stethoscope and a four pack of red bull under the floorboards at the Ablett household listening to every word. what is the story?

Moz · 09/03/2014 at 12:01

It seems as if the M6 position is where the POD comes into play. Jock had Vince and here we have Shiels. I myself have the generic D.Thomas as my M6, but now seeing these teams i'm starting to doubt myself, because Thomas isn't in any of them! Should it be a better option to stick with Thomas (because many teams will start with him) or go for another POD?

SCdonkey · 09/03/2014 at 12:07

I myself has a different M6. I'm just not convince with D Thomas' ankle injury, I need to see him play more games and game time for me to really pencil him in my team. Might be a good downgrade or upgrade option later on the season. But for now a BIG NO for me.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:10

Will go BANG!! he lulls you in so you doubt then goes nuts for a string off 130+ games. Last year sub affected scores, as being managed, then week of bubble 150 followed by 101! injured during training.
      Was being touted as elite top 10 footballer in 2011/12 before injury. Had massive work ethic at Pies when he was in form, runs all day, to harrass, make space at that price you cant go wrong. Loves playing under Mick, big year for Daisy

SCdonkey · 10/03/2014 at 07:45

No doubt he's a good player and proven to be an SC scorer, at this time I am just staying away from him until I have seen him play enough games for me to put him in my team. I can't have too many injury risk players in my side, as I already 3 in the team and a couple that may breakout or may not. Thomas is one on my watch list for corrective trade.

SCaddict · 09/03/2014 at 12:05

Good looking team Barron. I too have 6 Swans (though half of them are different). At least I have the excuse that I'm a Sydney supporter ha ha. Like the CoLA joke btw.

Think you have a decent bye strategy there.

Ellis-Yolmen is a bold move. Not sure if I've seen him listed in any teams here so should be quite the POD for you. Thought you may go Matty Crouch instead if you were to pick an Adelaide mid bench man. But I guess if anyone knows the inner workings of the Crows playing group it would be you.

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 12:54

Cheers SC,

6 Swans players should be OK, don't really care about Derickx TBH, he's just a R3-4 that sounded like he'd have a chance to play. I can't be bothered playing Higgo's "dead ruck" strategy, mostly because I get too confused and mess it up!

I may change CEY yet, not 100% on his chances to make the side Rd 1, but we'll see.

SCaddict · 09/03/2014 at 13:05

Derickx is definitely first in line ahead of Nankervis and Naismith. Not sure he will get much game time though with the Swans star tall forwards who can also part time ruck. Then again I'm picking Currie for R3 and he's hardly guaranteed getting games either.

Thanks for all your replies to everyone Barron. The community appreciates it!

Garglesnarf FC · 12/03/2014 at 12:48

Good point SCaddict!

Finding even one rookie ruck ATM is very hard, I am using King as loophole and Derickx as R3, hoping that he gets game time. Rnd one selections will be critical in this line.

Hugh G · 09/03/2014 at 12:14

Love your team BVC.. So many ballsy and gutsy picks!

David · 09/03/2014 at 12:30

Can someone help me clarify why everyone is going luke Parker? I’m

Tossing between him and Tom Mitchell (Barry Mitchell Son). I saw Tom got a big score but haven’t seen the Sydney nab games. Are we picking Parker because he is being moved into midfield maybe??

Any clarity would be greatly appreciated!

David

SCaddict · 09/03/2014 at 12:43

Parker has played more senior footy than Mitchell so has that edge over him. Perhaps some are worried too about the 2nd year blues that downed Zorko and Toby Greene last season.

Both are very similar players in many ways so it's a real coin flip. But I just think Titch has a little more polish to his game for one so young. So that's the reason I'm picking him myself over Parker though I have oscillated a little over these two guys that's for sure.

Goonar · 09/03/2014 at 13:01

This is a good question in regard to the 2 Swans forwards, plus you could throw in Buddy in the mix and you have the problem of 3 Swans in the forwards! I'm toying with the idea of having both Parker and Titch in my forward line as it'll be hard to tag all of the Swans who run through the midfield (JPK/Jack/Hanna), so the both of them should pump out some good numbers for forward listed players. Buddy is in/out daily depending on where both his mind and mine is at!

SCaddict · 09/03/2014 at 13:13

Yes I reckon that's a perfectly fine idea Goonar.

Think both guys have plenty of improvement left in them and Buddy is not for everyone's taste.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:26

Parker has had more pre seasons and improving each year, definitely considered ahead in midfield group and in prime position to go past 100 avg. Mitchell is a freak, i feel he just needs to get some more runs on board, was used as fwd a few times last year which impacted his scoring. With Bolton gone may be groomed as that half fwd type? really i need more information as to make accurate call which no one has, go with your gut. My gut says Parker

SCdonkey · 09/03/2014 at 13:19

Funny how I made my choice between these two Parker and Titch. The day flipped a coin head for Parker and Tail for Titch and the result of the coin was Tail, this was hours before the day Parker had injured his eye. Hehe thought I'd share that with you, hopefully the tossing of the coins pays off we'll just have to see what happens.

Shannan R-H · 09/03/2014 at 12:40

Okay guys!

I know it's a risk but I have Polec, Ellis and Aish in my mid with Matty Crouch and Dunstan as subs! Would the smarter option be to remove Aish and pick up Viv Michie or Dom Tyson?

Suggestions please!

SCaddict · 09/03/2014 at 12:47

Yes I prefer Michie and Tyson a little over Aish. Also like Sheed and Ellis from WCE better too.

James · 09/03/2014 at 12:55

Thanks for the reply mate, out of Tyson and Michie, who do you believe has the potential to rack up the bigger scores? 🙂

SCaddict · 09/03/2014 at 13:00

To be honest mate I really don't know. I'm probably picking Michie simply because he's $40K cheaper.

But who knows perhaps Tyson will justify that price differential and then some.

Brett · 09/03/2014 at 15:10

Tyson needs to be able to avg 10pts more than Michie to be better value. At this stage I see Michie as better value. Tyson is still a good choice though.
          I will have at least Michie and possible upgrade a cheaper rookie to Tyson as my team gets locked in through rd1.
          My rookie set up will come down to the number of available cheap defenders

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:32

Tysons made the bigger impact in pre season. 29disp against Geelong, and held his own against rampant hawks. Will start all games at centre bounces with Cross, Jones this season.

Dee · 09/03/2014 at 13:56

Yes… Dom tyson is a lock!

James · 09/03/2014 at 12:42

Better option out of Pittard and Guthrie please!

Dee · 09/03/2014 at 13:55

Guthrie…

KadeK is a jet · 09/03/2014 at 12:52

Does anyone have any info on Luke Parker's Eye? Great team BVC really lovin it. I like the Pyke pick very underrated! Hope all goes well during season.

JB · 09/03/2014 at 13:01

If swans get a good start it might pay off BVC, thoughts on Webster, Laidler, Hale, Rohan and McDonough ….

Lord Relton Roberts · 09/03/2014 at 14:53

honestly cant see Hale doing much with Mcevoy now the main ruck and Roughy and Gunston as the main forward targets
    I recon most of the others are showing good value

Dee · 09/03/2014 at 13:55

Barron is C. Cameron playing Round 1 and will he get a few games in him this year? What's your thought process on selecting him mate? Thanks mate…. By the way I love your team, gotta have Gazza in there tho!

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 15:38

I hope he'll get a few games during the year, but he's still on the rookie list ATM. Likely to change that pick to Impey or someone like that.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:38

Talk is should start rnd 1 not sure of Job security with Rory Thompson returning. Leedsman or whatever his name is midfield rookie good chance as well.

Fraser · 09/03/2014 at 14:24

2 Questions:
Rhyce Shaw or Jimmy Webster?
Shaun Savage, Dale Thomas or Josh Caddy?

Brett · 09/03/2014 at 15:29

Hi BVC – interesting team

I am seeing a common theme among these released teams and that is Midpriced Madness or should that be perceived as "Value Teams".

Hope you don't get stuck with too many of those who don't perform without wasting too many trades.

I only have 4 midpricers – and one is D. Beams and one is Sandi – trying to stick to Guns and Rooks strategy

Good luck for the season

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:39

Webster, cheaper. Daisy all the way

shane · 09/03/2014 at 14:53

I like the team Baron, definetly a few inspired choices. Love the rockliff and JPK picks, both have been in and out of my side. What ave do you think JPK can pump out this year? Im also curious on the Pavlich pick, ive seen him in many sides but i doubt hes a keeper, so how much value he is im not sure. He may be there to save cash for the midfield and hopefully a sideways trade to a fallen forward? or is he a keeper?

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 15:41

Hoping that JPK can jump jump back to a 110 average at a minimum.

Pavlich might not be a keeper, but i'm not comfortable with the other "premium" priced forwards apart from Danger at the moment. So basically by picking Pav it'll mean he either A. becomes a keeper B. scores enough so his price stays static at worst and then when it comes time to upgrade him I can pick the best forward available. It also saves me a bit of cash to use elsewhere too.

shane · 09/03/2014 at 16:12

Thanks for the reply, cheers mate. Tend to agree on JPK and im quietly expecting 115. I had him 3 yrs running as he was increasing to 120. Last year he was maintaining that early in the year before groin issues… courtesy of your stats interface. I cant see him being below 110 either.

Thanks again for the insight.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:41

Ditto should have big year, very cheap. Lock!

Lord Relton Roberts · 09/03/2014 at 14:55

I havent seen many mids with three onfield rookies and its getting me worried hah

I have Tyson Polec and Dunstan all on field (Cunningham, Crouch on bench)

Recon this going to prove to weak???

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 15:41

I'd be OK with those 3 since it looks like Dunstan will be given as much time as he can handle with the Saints injuries.

Lord Relton Roberts · 09/03/2014 at 22:42

The fingers are crossed cheers BVC!

Brooke · 09/03/2014 at 15:12

Sydney supporter much?

Dools · 09/03/2014 at 15:18

Hey BVC Love the team and reasoning behind picks
I just staggered that you like me have no love for Sauce . He plays for your team an' all . Have a word to Jock mate I think H.McIntosh would be a better pick and no love for McEvoy ????
As posted above by other stalwarts of this Community Great Team and Plums as big as Pineapples
Awesome Team mate Well done and thank for replying to all the questions.
Great Stuff mate

@BarronVonCrow · 09/03/2014 at 15:43

Cheers, Dools.

Sauce burned me last year, just can't bring myself to picking him. Wounds aren't healed! He should be alright this year though, has looked much better than last year.

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:51

Still came 3rd total hitouts in 2013, shoulda been all australian in 2012. Crows looking to get more advantage from stoppages this year which theyve identified as big change from previous year. Sauce working hard on getting back to his best, has dropped 4 to 5kg from running, has identified needs more stamina/aerobic capacity with changes to ball ups/throw ins. Has upside to his selection, being down 18pts ppg should bounce back. McEvoy will find himself fwd more often, dont see his numbers improving with shared workload

Dools · 09/03/2014 at 16:35

Sauce turned me off Ketchup for ever man…He burnt Sauce…Nothing worse
I would like your thoughts on Impey and Clury from you cross town rival team…Them in them out them in them out of the KrakenKats Also young guns from Richmond McDonagh and Lennon????
Thanks for the reply to above

THE SALTSHAKER · 09/03/2014 at 19:53

Lennon 2-3 weeks, rated highly. McDonagh impressed Hardwick, 22 touches last game should get rnd 1 spot.

Dools · 09/03/2014 at 22:06

Thanks SALT might give McDonagh a go then over Kennedy Cheers BTW what happenend to Lennon?

Super_Freak · 09/03/2014 at 17:33

Looks solid Baron. Couple of curve balls in there, namely the Ablett omission. just can't bring myself to start without him!

matthewjsampson · 09/03/2014 at 22:16

G'Day community,

As we head into the business end of team selection, I'd appreciate some feedback on my team 🙂

Still needs a bit of work, and I'm open to making changes to any line.

DEF: J. McVeigh, S. Mitchell, C. Enright, M. Suckling, J. Webster, L. McDonald.
BENCH: T. Clurey, A. Georgiou (both pending rd. 1 selection)

MID: G. Ablett, T. Cotchin, N. Dal Santo, D. Beams, Liberatore, J. Polec, X. Ellis, L. Dunstan.
BENCH: M. Crouch, Robertson (Pending selection).

RUCK: M. Lobbe, A. Sandilands.
BENCH: F. Thurlow, T. Nankervis (Or Derrickx pending selection).

FOR: P. Dangerfield, D. Martin, L. Parker, D. Zorko, J. Caddy, J. Kennedy-Harris.
BENCH: G. Rohan, Merrett (again, pending selection)

Have at it boys (and girl). Hit or shit?

George · 15/03/2014 at 16:58

Your forwards line is a HIT but I think Zorko's selection is very risky. I think guys like Tom Mitchell, Buddy or Matt Wright would be better (or at least slightly safer) selections. Great team though

throttlefinger · 09/03/2014 at 22:38

Well done, Barron. See you kept Rohan in!!! HA. Done the same. Higgins just didn't look right at F6, huh? May do McDonough if he gets in Tigers starting 22. Played like possessed.

Pyke call is uber plumsy. But like.

Shiels with Daisy and Shaw with Suckler are probably your riskiest ventures. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? Hesitant putting another rook at D6? Considering your boy Brodie or Clurey as D6 if they get in. But must say, your structure is trying to poke holes in my logic.

Can see why you're excited, my man. Very strong mix of solid prems and bold mid pricers.

Fourbells · 10/03/2014 at 07:19

Wht are peoples thoughts on Lachie Whitfield Avg 127 during NAB series

Cowboyscowards · 10/03/2014 at 11:00

Great team Barron. I am trying to go down a similar path but can't find the final tweak. Def definitely weaker here.
Thoughts?
Mcviegh, Mitchell, hurn, Webster, McDonald, Langdon. ( clurey, georgiou)
GAJ, libba, cotchin, Murphy, beams, daisy, l.shiels, polec ( dunstan, crouch)
Hickey?????, sandi (thurlow, Holmes)
Danger, dusty, buddy, dahlhaus, caddy, McDonough ( JKH, z.merret) 10/9/11 split for byes.
$60k left. How to best spend? And any glaring faults. Thanks to the community in advance.

George · 15/03/2014 at 17:00

Don't like Dahlhaus or Hurn for SC this year. Also you have 2 high risk starting ruckmen. Apart from that a pretty decent team.

Matt · 10/03/2014 at 19:26

Hi all, I would just like an opinion on my team. I am still 100% happy with it so I came here.
DEF: Mitchell, Hanley, Enright, Suckling, McDonald, Laidler (Cutler, Georgiou)
MID: Ablett, Rockliff, Fyfe, Dal Santo, Murphy, Beams, Aish Michie (Dunstan, M.Crouch)
RCK: Lobbe, Grundy (Currie, Derickx)
FWD: Dangerfield, Franklin, Parker, Rohan, Kersten, Honeychurch (L.Taylor, Kennedy-Harris)
I have $261,100 left

Gold Rush · 10/03/2014 at 21:29

Not bad, reckon the forwards are going to let you down – Kersten, Honeychurch, Taylor – I don't think they will make the round 1 cut, with 261K in the bank should be enough to shuffle in replacements – just need to wait for the 1st round team announcements.

George · 15/03/2014 at 16:52

I agree with G.R. Matt, fwd line needs bolstering. Your current starting rucks were my old ones but I ditched lobbe because Port upgraded Brent Renouf from the rookie list (hinting they want to play with 2 rucks) and I just didn't think that Grundy would be able to handle the #1 ruck mantle at the pies all too well in his second season. I swapped them for Pyke and Sandilands

David Dee · 11/03/2014 at 19:34

Im hearing Higgins, Jay Kennedy Harris, Impey, Bock being played on field.

Think Paradigms people – let me ask you a paradigm question.

Which group sounds better to you? Higgins, Watts, Rohan, Bock or Aish, Tyson, Ellis, Polec?

I know which one sounds better to me.

But depending which one sounds better to you is where you should spend your 'rookie' money.

Therefore instead of buying a questionable Shuey, Shiels, Savage in M6 .. you pick a gun rookie.

That means you no longer need a Rohan, Caddy, Higgin, Watts in your F4. Instead you can get a gun like Tom Mitchell, Parker, Franklin!

In simple terms: (Shuey/Shiels/Savage + Rohan/Watts/Higgins) OR (Aish/Polec/Tyson + Franklin/Mitchell/Parker)

Dosent the second group sound so much better??? both groups cost same amount of money…. paradigmmm.

5 rookies is a must this year people, get rid of higgins. All our money cash cows are in the mids.

Welcome.

Garglesnarf FC · 12/03/2014 at 12:54

Agree on Higgins, he has not performed in any of the 8 years he has been in SC, despite looking great EVERY pre season.

Watts however might be a sleeper. He is much loved by Roos, & I suspect we might see a different player altogether under the new coach, and one that runs through middle rather than a key forward. Expecting him to score 90+ average this year.

wes · 12/03/2014 at 08:56

Lions players in the team, considering the start they have, is a risk. I reckon Hanley and Rockliff prices will drop after the first lot of rounds against top opponents. And I am a Lions supporter to boot. Waiting on them for their price to drop off before I jump on.

nuskin · 17/03/2014 at 22:59

Hey there just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let you know a few
of the pictures aren’t loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I’ve tried it in two different internet browsers and both show the same
results.

Feel free to surf to my webpage – nuskin

holiday to Cancun · 18/03/2014 at 12:43

When someone writes an piece of writing he/she retains the image of a user in
his/her brain that how a user can understand it.
So that’s why this post is outstdanding. Thanks!

vegetarian recipes · 18/03/2014 at 22:04

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a
bit, but instead of that, this is excellent blog.
A fantastic read. I’ll certainly be back.

Dubai holidays · 18/03/2014 at 23:39

Hello, this weekend is fastidious for me, since this moment i
am reading this great educational post here at my house.

Maldives holidays · 19/03/2014 at 06:36

Do you have any video of that? I’d like to find out
some additional information.

babysitter · 19/03/2014 at 17:28

Generally, if you occasionally hire a babysitter to take cazre of your child or children at home, you probably wouldn’t be considered an employer
and would not have to worry about payroll taxes.
Even if you know their parents oor other children they have cared for take time to get to
know them yourself to see if they will be a good fit for your children.
Quite a few of the toys I use are the same toys my children played with.

Randall · 21/03/2014 at 00:57

This information is priceless. Where can I find out more?

Also visit my blog post; which thermal imaging camera is best; Randall,

youtube.com · 13/05/2014 at 23:02