Port Adelaide v Essendon NAB School worksheet
Analysis of the Port Adelaide v Essendon game:
Essendon looked like they were gonna stomp a mudhole in Port early on, but couldn’t convert their chances, kicking 3.8 in the first quarter. The rest of the game was all Port Adelaide. Some notes from the game.
- Justin Westhoff kicked 5.1 (also got a freebie from Baguley), but also moved down the ground. Ended with 14 possessions and 9 marks. Looked very good.
- Jared Polec looked superb – Plenty of run and carry and a terrific kick on him too. Looking like he’ll be a midfield M6-7-8 (depending on your structures) for plenty of sides.
- Matty Lobbe – Had 51% TOG – Was only good for 5 possessions, but had 18 hitouts.
- Dyson Heppell – Plenty of the ball and 7 tackles. Would have no hesitation picking him if he was still DEF eligible.
- Paul Chapman – Didn’t look out of place at all – Still worry about the “16 game” resting theory.
- Tom Clurey – 14 possessions, 11 marks, 100% DE – If he plays Rd 1 he will likely earn a bench spot in my side.
- Jarman Impey – Hard to judge – Played 47% TOG tonight, 63% against Adelaide – Defending small forwards (Jetta tonight) might limit his scores?
- Zach Merrett – 34% TOG – 9 possies, 3 marks, 3 tackles, 2 Inside 50’s, 88.9% DE – Still on my radar