Analysis of the GWS Giants v Sydney Swans game:
Another derby, so we now get 3 a year instead of 2, like the concept wasn’t overused already! Giants looked solid though, it’s good to see some improvement from their young group. Some quick notes:
- Heath Shaw – Had 83% TOG – Could only manage 13 possessions and 48 Supercoach Points – Not a good sign to start, but GWS still have another game against Jock’s Sainters and a trial game against the Barron’s mighty Crows for us to evaluate how Shaw will go.
- Lachie Whitfield – Showed why he was the #1 pick last year. 25 possessions, 3 goals and 126 Supercoach points
- Gary Rohan looked solid – Should be over any lingering injury issues – 66 Supercoach points, can’t expect much more than that in the real stuff, but will be enough to earn some cash
- Toby Greene was a ball magnet, but kicking is still questionable. Still on my mid price consider list with 99 Supercoach Points tonight
- Buntine – Only had 16% TOG – Disappointing, but hard to judge him based on this game
- Good to see Sammy Reid back out there – 93 Supercoach Points but will he score that well once Tippett/Franklin/Goodes return?
- Jeremy Laidler – Played 85% TOG, could only manage 8 possessions and 43 Supercoach Points – Enough to earn a Round 1 birth?
- Mitchell VS Parker – Flip a coin! Both awesome, Mitchell with 156 Supercoach Points, Parker with 107. Both played about the same TOG too.
What’d you all think of the game out there Community?