Fantastic arvo catching up with old mates from Ballarat at the footy. Bloody great day.
And plenty of fantasy relevance.
Here’s some of the bigger Supercoach & AFL Fantasy stories out of the afternoon:
- Lukey McDonald surprised me community. Has a bit more under the hood than when I last ran an eye over him. Had Menzel who had a bit of it early – but beat him for mine and ran off him. 20 odd disposals, clean and looks to have some real potential as a damaging type who could push up the ground. I’ll look at him again but this kid can play folks.
- Dan Currie ($123,900) relieved Goldy in the ruck and went FWD. They looked for him up FWD as a target. Speaking to Andy Swallow round the boundary.. they DO want to go with a 2nd ruck this year to give Goldy a chop out and Currie is first in line. Didn’t do a great deal but I’m more convinced he’s in Scott’s plans as the #2 ruck
- Ex dog and swan Andrejs Everit (CARL DEF $342K) was very good. Kicked 3 and played both FWD and back. Versatile… but a neither here nor there selection for me at this price.
- Nick Dal Santo’s been in my team all preseason and is more firmly wedged in there after today. Looks as fit and hungry as I’ve seen him since his second season in the game. Plenty of it – played mid.. no half back business.
- Tommy Bell (CARL $311K) had plenty of it and will get a bit of hype about him after this game. But one – his disposal was not clean enough to lay claim for any significant midfield time in the season proper – and remember Thomas, Carrazzo, Simpson, eventually Judd and even Garlett didn’t play and are ahead of him.
- Young Cripps (CARL $157,300) can play the game. Didn’t have a great deal of game time but did some good things and is still on my watch list
- I’m telling you Shaun Atley ($394,200) should be avoided. Will not get enough time in the guts in this North Melbourne midfield and played half back.
- Jack bloody Ziebell. Fantastic. Should be more seriously considered as a MID option this season if today is any guide. Basted Chicken and Cuninglingus also good
What caught your eye?