3 burning Supercoach Dt questions.

Huge week community. Clearly one of the biggest of the Fantasy Footy year.

Supercoach and Dreamteam WEAPONS was the topic of conversation in this week’s podcast – a must listen this week as we flick through those ‘point of difference’ options that could win or lose you a premiership in 2013.

Let’s rip straight into some of the big questions of the round community – what’s our opinion on the following big questions:

I reckon Aaron Sandilands ($488,700) is about to transition into BEAST mode.

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Heath Scotland ($377,300) will average 100+ SC for the rest of the season

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Brent Harvey ($542,800) should be considered before A. Walker and Jimmy Bartel

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

If I had the cash I would snap up Ryan Griffin ($581,600) quick sticks.

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Nat 'the Knife' Fyfe · 05/08/2013 at 14:51

Interesting in the votes
Big Question Priddis has to go so:
Should i get Ryan Griffen or someone like barlow, Jack, Cotch, Beams taking into accounts each players draw.
My mid is: Gaz, Pendles, Swan, Jelwood, Watson, Fyfe, JPK, Priddis, T mitch, Lonergan.
appreciate it

Monkey_Magic · 05/08/2013 at 16:09

Jack is having a cracking season, my vote is for him as long as you don’t mind 3 Swans in the midfield.

ShinbonerSpirit · 05/08/2013 at 16:23

Griffen. One of the few truly untaggable players in the competition.

chandanrajdb · 05/08/2013 at 17:07

Hi ShinbonerSpirit,

I will be playing against you this week in "Sweaty Jocks" League Number 902781"…..Good Luck mate……Looking forward to it…….lost against you in the league match but not this time hopefully…….

Cheers.
      Raj…….

ShinbonerSpirit · 05/08/2013 at 17:17

Good luck mate! Prepare to lose.

chandanrajdb · 05/08/2013 at 17:55

We will see who looses…….

Sam · 05/08/2013 at 18:46

I came first in that league… What's your team names??

ShinbonerSpirit · 05/08/2013 at 19:13

Congrats mate. The Benchwarmers.

chandanrajdb · 05/08/2013 at 20:25

TITANS……..

Tim · 05/08/2013 at 21:39

I'm in that league too im TsauvsFc and i'm having a terrible season

Jack · 05/08/2013 at 18:08

Does Priddis have a long-term injury?

davidzita1 · 06/08/2013 at 17:19

No, he'll be good to go this week mate

BestCoastEagles · 05/08/2013 at 19:03

Griffen

Saltysalts · 06/08/2013 at 09:52

i dunno about you but Id be looking to offload JPK well before priddis…be less vulnerable to sub 70 scores!!

Priddis's lowest score (aside from his early KO) is 86, and in the last 5 rounds has averaged 99.6
    JPK's lowest score is 56, and in the last 5 rounds has averaged 92.2

In the talent-soaked midfield of the Swans, JPK is having a lot of his past points taken away by O'Keefe and Jack.

JPK TO JACK, Priddis to stay mate!!! (As long as he plays lol)

James · 05/08/2013 at 16:38

A few dilemma's,

5 trades left and $305,400 in the bank, which two trades should I do this week,

1. Upgrade Paul Duffield to Trent McKenzie/ Scott D Thompson
2. Upgrade Brad Crouch to Dayne Beams
3. Upgrade Brent Staker to Dustin Martin/Jimmy Bartel

Staker has a breakeven of 150, Duffield has a breakeven 80 and Crouch has a breakeven of 40. I personally really want to get Beams in but are Staker and Duffield to bigger problems to ignore?

Appreciate your thoughts

Angus · 05/08/2013 at 17:29

1 (Thompson) & 2, if you have to.

Saltysalts · 06/08/2013 at 10:08

Look…I think I'm gonna be the first to say I don't see the value in Dayne Beams.

Sure he's a potential ultimate premo, but I see far greater value in other players who are NOT returning from injury and have played amazing footy all year.

In Beams' four games, his average is 113 and is priced $622,400

Kieren Jack has averaged in his last 5 games has averaged 125, and for the season has averaged 114.56 -> extremely consistant and only in 1 in 10 teams

Before checking Beams, take a look at Kieren Jack AND Ryan Griffen.
    Even take a look at Boomer Harvey! All three would go ahead of Beams for mine! All three are in around about 1 in 10 teams so no argument against point of difference.

Make sure you also have the obvious premos as well (Ablett, Pendles, Swan). Beams is quite a distance down my list.

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:28

IMO…..

Upgrade,
    Paul Duffield to Scott D Thompson &
    B Staker to Dusty…..

Cheers,
    Raj….

JimBob · 05/08/2013 at 17:26

quick question. who is a good trade for tom mitchell? that is cheap. should i get marc murphy

Jack · 05/08/2013 at 18:33

Murphy looked to get another knock in the jaw region on the weekend and while recognising Crowley's ability, he really struggled with the tag. He is definitely capable of scoring big but I'd think his confidence must be down. Scotland, a suggestion of Guru Jock, is about the same money and should join Walker as Carlton's other half-back runner with Gibbs playing the tagging role for the rest of the season (damn you Malthouse – and if you are going to have a mo, grow a REAL ONE!!).

Dylan · 05/08/2013 at 17:37

Hey community,
I have 2 trades and $440,000 and are upgrading T.Mitchell who do I bring in?

micki S · 05/08/2013 at 17:46

What does your midfield look like.

Dylan · 05/08/2013 at 21:10

Ablett, Pendles, JP Kennedy, Nat Fyfe, Mundy, Deleidio, Selwood and Mitchell. Micki S

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:23

R Griffen……IMO…….

Cheers,
        Raj….

BestCoastEagles · 05/08/2013 at 18:52

Anyone of Griffin, Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Beams, K.Jack, Dangerman, Watson, Barlow, Fyfe, J.Selwood, Johnson, Rockliff, Steven, Montagna, Cotchin, O'Keefe, i think i miss about another 20. The Choice is Bountiful Dylan

micki S · 05/08/2013 at 17:44

I’m stuffed, got no trades left and stuck with Ibbotson

BestCoastEagles · 05/08/2013 at 18:53

That Hurts !!

ShinbonerSpirit · 05/08/2013 at 19:33

I'd go with option 2.

luke · 05/08/2013 at 18:25

Should I downgrade Kennedy from west coast to Roughhead?

BestCoastEagles · 05/08/2013 at 18:44

G'day Luke, Roughead average last month 87.5. Kennedy average 95.76 last month. You are not gaining to much out of it so i would say no. Look at other options Luke

Mr X · 05/08/2013 at 19:01

Roughead gone downhill since the return of Buddy

throttlefinger · 05/08/2013 at 20:45

Suggest against it. Roughy had a couple bad games. All in all, he's been solid the whole season. His form will pick up again in the finals run.

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:23

Nope……waste of trade IMO…….

Cheers,
    Raj….

micki S · 05/08/2013 at 18:27

Yes, downgrade Kennedy to either Roughead or Brent Harvey

CarnTheDONS · 05/08/2013 at 18:39

How many games is Ibbotson supposed to miss?

Big ducky · 08/08/2013 at 10:57

4 years

Mr X · 05/08/2013 at 18:52

G'day community.
Thinking I need to get rid of Brent Staker this week, too inconsistant to bring into finals. I don't have a lot of cash which is a problem. What is everyones thoughts on Motlop from Geelong? has cracked the ton in the last two weeks and has 3 out of 4 games at simmonds stadium remaining. Too much of a risk or worth the gamble?

BrianB · 05/08/2013 at 20:55

Massive Massive Massive Risk Motlop, before his 103 & 149 his average was 64 for the 6 week's leading up to those scores. He is ten times more inconsistent than Staker. The 6 weeks before Staker's 42 (After a Corked Quad in the 1st Q) & 60 his average was 91. Be super careful of chasing previous scores.

SCannonymous · 06/08/2013 at 06:32

You could play Staker in the backs at a pinch, but as a forward I agree he is likely to return 50 -70pts, there must be better options. I'm not sure about Motlop though either.

Mr X · 06/08/2013 at 10:25

Jack Riewoldt is the other option, has a good run home with 3 games at the MCG and the away game is against GWS. Better option than Motlop?

Dee · 05/08/2013 at 19:07

Priddis out Watson in this week… My last trade for the year, hopefully no injuries. Must win game this week… Elimination final, 6th vs 7th!

Margan's Bloods · 05/08/2013 at 20:20

Do we trade up from staker or depend on him for finals football?

Remy · 05/08/2013 at 20:32

Trade up, Staker probably won't crack the ton again this season in my opinion…..

Remy · 05/08/2013 at 20:30

Is JPK to Scotland a silly trade?
Also who should go first Jake Carlisle (worst decision ever to trade him in) or Sam Mayes??????

Ryan · 05/08/2013 at 20:32

What to upgrade Staker in my FWD line.

Harvey, Martin or Walker?

BrianB · 05/08/2013 at 20:37

Boomer Harvey.

throttlefinger · 05/08/2013 at 20:38

Can't go wrong with any of those three. If I had to pick: Walker. Steady and good for 95+. Had him most of the season and has rarely disappointed.

Glen · 05/08/2013 at 20:44

Harves

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:24

Boomer IMO…….

Cheers,
    Raj….

Tim · 05/08/2013 at 21:03

who should i get out of minson, walker or sandilands

ShinbonerSpirit · 05/08/2013 at 21:16

Walker is too good to ignore at that price.

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:22

Agreed with ShinbonerSpirit…….Walker IMO…..

Cheers,
    Raj….

Tom · 05/08/2013 at 21:36

D martin vs A walker
Undecided who has the better draw and form

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:21

Tough one…..

D Martin just……Or if you can afford, have look at Boomer Harvey if you don't have him……

Cheers,
    Raj…..

Dave2008 · 05/08/2013 at 21:41

Made top 4 and I have 4 trades and then 184 k. Decisions are 1 or 2 trades. Im thinking 2and which def? where else do I need to upgrade?

Team

B Goddard Gibbs Shaw Heppel Ibottson Clisby (Goodes, Thurlow)
C Ablett Penldes Swan Danger JPK Barlow Priddis Fyfe (Mitchell Saunders)
R Kreuzer Jacobs (Grundy Rowe)
F Cox Franklin Rockcliff Kennedy Stevie J Martin (Staker B Kennedy)
Clisby (Goodes, Thurlow)
C Ablett Penldes Swan Danger JPK Barlow Priddis Fyfe (Mitchell Saunders)
R Kreuzer Jacobs (Grundy Rowe)
F Cox Franklin Rockcliff Kennedy Stevie J Martin (Staker B Kennedy)

Goodes out for Scotland and then hold for prelim/GF(hopefully) and 246k in bank
or
Goodes out for Scotland and Priddis out for Griffen 153k in the bank

Tylo · 05/08/2013 at 21:57

Goodes > Hanley or Dixon

Dave2008 · 05/08/2013 at 22:05

I was thinking McKenzie as Dixon is a bit of an injury risk. Hanley seems to be a pretty good bet for a high score. Scotland is a risk I admit but tempting at his price. But to go straight thru to the prelims is huge when trying to win it all. Use one trade or two though is the question. I guess its whether there is a clear upgrade worth another trade. Goodes has to go is there anyone else?

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:18

OUT: Goodes & Priddis
    IN: Hanley / Dixon & K Jack / Grffen…..

IMO…..

Cheers,
    Raj…..

nick · 05/08/2013 at 22:22

hay jock what you think of these trades priddis out for jobe Watson he will storm home and get massive points every week and Enright for ash smith just have get rid of blitz man next week to get minsion what you think

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:30

Sounds pretty good to me….

Cheers,
    Raj….

nick · 05/08/2013 at 22:23

I traded Watson out 3 weeks ago now bought him back for finals I think good move

JB · 06/08/2013 at 06:00

JPK/T Mitchell OUT for Watson and Shuey OUT for Griffin/K Jack/Beams/Montagna/R. Douglas Thoughts? …

chandanrajdb · 06/08/2013 at 12:11

IMO…..

OUT: T Mitchell & Shuey
    IN: Watson & K Jack…..

Cheers,
    Raj…..

Joe Carnegie · 06/08/2013 at 10:33

Hey Guys need your opinions:

B] Goddard, Hibberd, Heppell, GIbbs, Staker, Shaw (Docherty, Colquhoun)
M] Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Selwood, Fyfe, T.Mitchell, JPK, Barlow (K.martin, L.hunter)
R] Goldstein, Pyke (Grundy, currie)
F] Cox, ROckliff, JJK, Franklin, Johnson, Tom Lee (Macaffer, Atkins)

Not sure on what trades to make (7 trades left – 143k in the bank)

All help will be greatly appreciated!

Skippa · 06/08/2013 at 15:36

reckon tom lee needs to go, followed by pyke, staker and mitchell. Lee may struggle massivly this week against an angry hawks outfit!

Joe · 08/08/2013 at 17:35

true, not sure how; to go about it

I could downgrade Martin to Grigg (make 100k) and upgrade staker to Hanley (will have 182k in the bank) or charlie dixon (will have 224k in the bank)

thoughts??

toonking · 06/08/2013 at 13:01

Anyone know Nicholls status…any chance of playing?

toonking · 06/08/2013 at 13:02

Also Mundy I've heard was doubtful….any comments

medadsson · 06/08/2013 at 14:23

Lyon said quite emphatically on radio last night that Mundy more likely to play. He went on to say and point out that everyone now accepts clubs rest players and that by virtue rather than design, Dockers had already done so with Mundy as he had two weeks off 3 weeks ago. Remember though Mundy has had trouble with ankles over past two seasons so if you are in position to do so it would be best to err on side of caution rather than be reliant on him playing. Hope that makes sense 🙂

toonking · 06/08/2013 at 14:32

thanks….have got a couple of trades left could flip him to barlow if he doesn't play

Sunburn · 06/08/2013 at 13:45

What to do with Jack Steven @ 581K. Hold him or trade to either S Mitchell, Barlow, Watson, Dfield or Beams? 6 trades 137k in bank with double chance.

Tom · 06/08/2013 at 14:42

Trade for S.Mitchell. He will dominate this weekend

davidzita1 · 06/08/2013 at 17:13

Dangerfield, has bulldogs, Melbourne and depleted WCE after this week. Won't be rested again, fresh as a daisy

nick · 06/08/2013 at 14:17

hay jock what you think of these trades for the finals priddis out for danger man and smith out for Scotland I think I will smash my oppent this week if all my players fire up this weekend like cloke and frankling and beems and swan and pendels

matt · 09/08/2013 at 10:46

Didnt think you were worth a reply…. Clearly! Clown!

nick · 06/08/2013 at 14:23

my teams ibbston heppel goddard Scotland gibbs shaw
mids abblett swann pendles dane beems danger cotch deledio and selwood

rucks got cox and grundy or blitz going trade blitz man next week for minsion
fwds cloke frankling josh kenndy bartel stevie j and walker the guy I am playing has about 10 or 11 the same players as me that's why I put beems and danger in as he dose not have those players what are your thoughts

Tom. H · 06/08/2013 at 14:42

Thoughts on S.Mitchell?

Skippa · 06/08/2013 at 15:32

If you have cash for an ultra premium then look there, he just isn't getting the midfield time he once did!

Remy · 06/08/2013 at 15:00

JPK~ Griffen
Ibbotson~Grimes
Good trades?
(My opponent has both Ibbo and JPK)

Kev · 07/08/2013 at 10:48

massive no on grimes. Averaged 57 over his last 3 and is being used in a tagging role

Remy · 06/08/2013 at 15:06

Griffen or Barlow?

Skippa · 06/08/2013 at 15:31

barlow, but im just as confused as you!

Skippa · 06/08/2013 at 15:30

In need of some advice commnunity!
A: Nic Nat and Crouch to PAV and BARLOW!
B: Nic Nat and Crouch to Bartell or walker and ultre premium???
Already gaz, pend, selwood, fyfe, jack, priddis and danger

Your ideas would be very appreciated!

Remy · 06/08/2013 at 15:52

Nic Nat to Walker/ Boomer Harvey, then you could go Crouch to (If you have the cash) Barlow/Cotchin or even Sammy Mitchell, then you could have a look at Mitchell Grigg from the Crows as an ultimate POD! On the bubble too.
How many trades to you have left Skippa?

Skippa · 06/08/2013 at 16:10

Ive got 4 left Remy, if i do these trades this week i have zorko, staker, clisby on the bench as cover, also 4 dpp players in mid/forward if need be. Very keen on Barlow, such an easy run home, hope Ross Lyon doesn't think its to easy though and give him a rest! Do like walker, just bartel has all games at simmonds bar one. Thinking harvey has some tough games ahead, teams he hasn't played this year which is why his average is so high IMO. Think I may have to go back and have a better look at walker! What were your thought on PAV? Thanks for your help!

Remy · 06/08/2013 at 17:50

Pav is owned by only 2.3% of teams, so if you're looking for a champion player who can win you games Pav is the man!
      If your opponent has one of Bartel, Walker or Boomer in their team I reckon you bring him in! It's risky though….. But risk is what can win you the SC/DT finals!!
      Good luck making your decision!

nick · 06/08/2013 at 16:13

just traded priddis out for danger got a awesome midfield now got abblett danger selwood beems swann pendels and cotch and delido my back line looks ok I guess got gibbs ibbstion goddard Scotland bought him in shaw and heppel also rucks look good cox and minsion fwds are walker cloke franklin bartel stevie j and josh kenndy reckon I am going kill it this week and win my leage

Aaron · 06/08/2013 at 16:34

With all of Carlton’s problems in the midfield don’t be surprised to see Gibbs go back in there to give them a chop out especially with Caruzzo going down. However with Tom Mitchell having a quiet game last week and Gary Rohan on the cusp I don’t mind the idea of Mitchell to Scotland in the midfield and then possibly rotating him with Gibbs depending on there roles and performance. What are your thoughts?

davidzita1 · 06/08/2013 at 16:37

Selwood, Kieran Jack or Griffen?

Dan · 06/08/2013 at 17:22

griffen would be the choice for me, has gws in the final and just an absolute monster

dan · 06/08/2013 at 21:43

Griffen

James · 06/08/2013 at 16:58

Who should I keep, Brad Crouch or Tom Mitchell?

Dan · 06/08/2013 at 17:19

tom mitchell

Remy · 06/08/2013 at 17:51

50/50

Mark · 06/08/2013 at 18:17

Crouch has better run home so I’m trading out Mitchell to generate cash to trade Zorko out.

Bart · 06/08/2013 at 19:02

Hey guys, finished top 4 in 2 of my leagues & top 8 in the others.
I have 4 trades & $366,600 in the bank.
My team currently is –
Def: Goddard, Heppell, Hanley, Shaw, Gibbs, Staker, (Laird, Thurlow)
Mid: Ablett, Pendlebury, Swan, JPK, Watson, Dangerfield, Priddis, T. Mitchell (K. Martin, J. Saunders)
Ruck: Cox, Maric (T. Nichols, C. Moller)
Fwds: Rockliff, N. Riewoldt, J.J Kennedy, Zorko, Franklin, S.Johnson (Macaffer, S. Rowe)

I'm looking to upgrade a couple of players, but am undecided on which way to go.
I could upgrade Staker & T. Nichols, which would allow me to bench Zorko.

Or I could bolster my mids by upgrading K. Martin & either Priddis or JPK (who has been quiet lately) to N. Fyfe & K. Jack.

Any thoughts on this would be great & I'm also open to other ideas if you think of something else I should look at first.

dan · 06/08/2013 at 21:41

Need help on decision please ???!!!
number one in both leagues hope to win the granny 🙂

but i have 2 trades left and wondering if i should trade ;

– T.Mitchell to Watson and Priddis to Murphy (for bench cover for now)
OR
-J.Witts (down for cash) to L.Mcbean, and T.Mitchell to Griffen

please help thanks much appreciated

Bart · 07/08/2013 at 09:33

If you finished on top, I'd hold my last 2 trades until there is a chance to be knocked out of the finals. At the moment you have a double chance.

dan · 07/08/2013 at 19:09

thanks mate i think i will do that and asses my opponents team first.

Antonio · 07/08/2013 at 07:32

Simple question:

last trade – bring in Jelwood or Griffen???

Can't decide

Cheers!

gmack · 07/08/2013 at 09:07

depends on your mids antonio. Griffen poses stunning value at his price, so hes my no1 pick

gmack · 07/08/2013 at 09:06

Community, Charlie Dixon pose good value down back? Ive got 3 trades left and playing in a QF this week. Im leaning towards bringing him in for Thurlow this week as a massive POD. Thoughts?

Skippa · 07/08/2013 at 11:54

Wish I could bring in Dixon, think he will be great in finals and massive POD!

Gilly · 07/08/2013 at 13:16

I am looking at swapping Staker for him, great run home but not sure i have the balls to do the trade

Joe · 07/08/2013 at 14:45

Hey Guys need your opinions:

B] Goddard, Hibberd, Heppell, GIbbs, Staker, Shaw (Docherty, Colquhoun)
R] Goldstein, Pyke (Grundy, currie)
F] Cox, ROckliff, JJK, Franklin, Johnson, Tom Lee (Macaffer, Atkins)

Not sure on what trades to make (7 trades left – 143k in the bank)

All help will be greatly appreciated!

nebulousdog · 07/08/2013 at 17:14

Number 1 priority has to be F6 – I would trade Macaffer and but Lee on the bench, as Lee will keep making money. downgrade K Mart (who isnt playing anyway) to Mitch Grigg from Adelaide for cash, then turn Macaffer into a premo – maybe Bartel, A Walker or D. Martin. With 7 trades left, you almost have 2 every week, so trade hard! Other key upgrades for following weeks are Staker and Pyke I reckon, in that order.

Michael · 07/08/2013 at 21:22

Can't believe everyone's jumping off Titch – one bad game and suddenly he's out the door? I'm def hanging on to him, although having no trades left made my decision a little easier and may explain my loyalty….

James D · 08/08/2013 at 10:27

hanley or enright for goods?

Jeremy · 08/08/2013 at 10:33

1 trade left friends, sadly.

Ranked about the 2000 mark, finished 1st, 5th, 2nd and 3rd in my respective leagues.

In league 1 (my most important league) I'm playing my best mate this week, and really, really want to win..

Options
1. Trade Terlich for Scotland

2. Trade Priddis for Sam Mitchell

3. Trade Tom Mitchell (who's on my bench at M9) for Cyril Rioli (who would also go to bench), giving me a fwd/mid swing, and good back up should there be any restings/injuries in the last few weeks. Could also utilise emergency loophole.

4. Trade Staker for Rioli, allows me to play rioli instead of buddy, or use emergency loophole.

5. Stand pat.

Thoughts friends? Cheers

James D · 08/08/2013 at 10:48

B) Goddard, Heppel, Shaw, GIbbs, Mckenise, Clisby, goodes, thrulow
M) Ablett, Pendles, Swan, Selwood, Barlow, Cotchin, Dangerfield, Fyfe, T. Mitichell
R) Jacobs, Rowe, Niccols, Mcbean
F) Martin, Rockcliff, Bartel, Roughhead, Franklin, Staker, Nic Nat, Tom Lee

2 trades to go, 150,000 in bank. Thoughts guys!! please help me i am finishing top 4 in all leagues. want to get it right. will be greatful for the help jock! Cheers boys

Nathan · 09/08/2013 at 13:12