supercoach flesh for fantasyG’day my beautiful community,

Can you believe we’re already 7 weeks into the season? Blink, and we’ll be getting ready to host the Poms.

Those who don’t will achieve fantasy success at the end of the season. This game is all about staying across it all 24/7, and I can help keep you in the fantasy loop.

Round 6 was owned by 1 man – Rodney Patrick Dangerfield. He rewarded those who stuck fat with a 173 if you don’t mind umpire. Some other big scores to come from the round include a 177 from Allen Christensen, a 161 from Scott Pendlebury, 141 from the in-form Andrew Walker, and 150 from Daisy (but we’ll discuss him more later).

Lance Franklin and Nick Dal Santo continued their questionable form, and all of the sudden, become quite juicy trade options in a few weeks. Also, the news both Beau Waters and Bryce Gibbs will miss more games continues this frustrating spell for backlines across the game.

Anyway, time to get stuck into it. Here is this week’s edition of Billy Idol’s favourite article – “Flesh for Fantasy”.

“GET HIM IN”

DALE THOMAS (COLL) MID – $411,800 DT/$428,200 SC
– Next 5 Games: FRE (A), GEE (H), SYD (H), BRIS (A), MELB (H)
– Recent Scores: 59, 24, 58, 150

Many coaches have been eyeing off this day for quite a while – that is, when Daisy’s price bottoms out and we get ourselves a premium super cheap. After an interrupted start to the year, it seems Thomas has finally hit top gear. After collecting 34 touches and 150 SC points across halfback vs St Kilda, the injury to Alan Toovey has been a blessing in disguise. Rodney Eade said on AFL 360 this week that Daisy will spend a bit of time there this season. This I like, and it’s a position similar to that of Andrew Walker’s this year. You’re not going to find better scores at that price, and you won’t get a better opportunity to trade a Neade/Dwyer to a premium than now.

PATRICK DANGERFIELD (ADEL) MID – $486,300 DT/$571,000 SC
– Next 5 Games: GWS (A), STK (H), NM (A), FRE (H), SYD (H)
– Recent Scores: 107, 84, 120, 89, 173

He’s frustrated coaches all season, but there may be light at the end of the tunnel for Patrick Dangerfield. 173 v Hawthorn, (which included 35 touches, 8 marks, 2 goals) was the Dangerfield we all remember from last season. But while he may have been a little off to start the season, if 84 is going to be a “down game”, I’ll cop that on the chin. At $571,000, he’s dropped $65,000 in value from start of year. Danger has been notorious for slow starts, he didn’t score his first SC ton last year ‘till round 5, and in 2011 he had 2 scores above 90 in first 8 weeks (mind you, he only averaged 80 that year). With a BE of 57, Danger may have played his way into form and must be seriously considered if you’re looking for an upgrade option.

HEATH SCOTLAND (CARL) DEF – $461,300 DT/$502,500 SC
– Next 5 Games: STK (A), PORT (H), BRIS (A), GWS (H), ESS (A)
– Recent Scores: 79, 83, 99, 106

I like to call Heath Scotland Mr Consistent. He’s averaged high 90s to 100+ over past 7 years, and has dropped below 80 just 4 games in 2 years. After missing first 2 games due to an off-season incident, he’s back in the side and so is his consistent scoring. Heath is the type of player who will barely drop below 80 all year, but also won’t score the massive either. You bring in to shore up your defence and bank the 90-100 points. Scotland has slowly built himself up and is back in the swing of it, playing some good footy. Many people are staying clear due to his age, but for me, age is irrelevant. If I’m looking for a bloke who will score me consistently high scores, he’s the man. A nice PoD and upgrade option from a Pittard or Stevenson. Consider.

“GET HIM OUT”

JACK GRIMES (MELB) DEF – $422,400 DT/$453,700 SC
– Recent Scores: 80, 83, 120, 93, 13
– Next 5 Games: In a sling.

Poor Jack. His injury-ravaged career has taken another hit, breaking his collarbone on weekend against Carlton. Out for 2 months, and must be traded. One positive is his price. At $453,700, you can turn Jack into another premium defender. Your options? I would consider looking at guys like Michael Hibberd as a PoD (spoken about above), Heath Scotland or Paul Duffield as a straight swap. If you’ve got the cash in the bank, Heath Shaw’s your man. Either way, Jack’s got to go, and it’s a real shame because he was just starting to build form.

JUSTIN WESTHOFF (PORT) FWD – $465,600 DT/$535,300 SC
– Recent Scores: 163, 150, 149, 53, 48
– Next 5 Games: RICH (H), CARL (A), GEE (H), WBD (A), BYE

I’m going to keep this short and sweet, dump him. Justin has been a revelation early on, but now it’s time to say goodbye. He’s yielded you the cash to straight swap (or even downgrade) to a premium and with a BE at 220, he’s only going to head south. Some may have kept him after his 53 to see if it was a one-off, but it wasn’t and now you must trade. No ifs or buts. Send him packing and get yourself a super consistent forward ie, Steve Johnson.

SAM JACOBS (ADEL) RUCK – $383,100 DT/$459,200 SC
– Recent Scores: 105, 106, 77, 66, 66
– Next 5 Games: GWS (A), STK (H), NM (A), FRE (H), SYD (H)

He hasn’t had the fall from grace like Justin Westhoff, but the form of Sam Jacobs over the past 2 weeks has been alarming. He was going at a ton a week for the first 3 weeks, but his last 2 have been super poor – a pair of 66s (clickety click). He’s getting plenty of hit-outs, so the problem lines around the ground. 9 touches v Hawthorn and 8 v Carlton doesn’t cut it against the likes of Cox and Leuenberger, who usually push towards 20 disposals. The fact he’s finding none of the ball alarms me, and if you have him, I’d strongly consider trading him out before he becomes “untradeable”.

“BREAKING POINT”

After a spell last week to deal with the IRS (Injuries, Rucks, Suspensions), “Breaking Point” is back. Here is a list of all the notable BE* you must take into calculations heading into this round of trading.
* = Approximates, not bang on.

Going up

• Michael Barlow (FRE), 126
  • Josh P Kennedy (SYD), 131
  • Pearce Hanley (BRIS), 161
  • Matthew Priddis (WCE), 173
  • Dean Cox (WCE), 130

“PUB TALK”

Last, but never least, we have Pub Talk. Given the amount of questions I’ve been inundated with, sometimes I feel like I’m back to the days of the Seaford RSL with Jock having robust decisions about whether Doug Hawkins was a good trade-in option. So thank you, and here are the burning questions.

– @timbzy91: Ryan Lester a valid option to trade in this week? Negative break even and structurally allocates funds

ANSWER: I wouldn’t get sucked in by Lester. If he were $100k cheaper I would consider, but at $327,200 he is too awkwardly priced. He also hasn’t been the greatest scorer over the years, and in basically a full season last year, he failed to break the Super Coach ton. Sure, he will generate a fair bit of cash, but it’s a wasted trade for mine given the awkward price. Better off either downgrading to a rookie, or going all out for a premium. Mid-pricers can burn you. It’s a no for me.

– @imjohnb: I’ve had T Cloke since the start. He’s made 150k and has a BE of 157. Thoughts on downgrading to Thomas?

ANSWER: It’s a good idea, but I wouldn’t to be honest. Reason is that you’re better off backing Travis in, and upgrading a Dwyer/Neade to Thomas. By season’s end, you want a side close to, or full of, premiums, so when someone like Thomas drops that low in price, you should upgrade a rookie to them. Plus we’ve seen than Cloke can score big, so if I were you, HOLD Cloke and trade up a rookie to Dale.

– @DavideColombo96: Nic Nat, easy draw ahead, does this mean big scores?

ANSWER: Interesting question. His price should drop in the coming weeks due to that 34 being in his 3 week rolling average. Nic Nat does have an easy run, but that said, he’s SuperCoach gold no matter who he plays again. He has had a limited pre-season and I get the sense he was rushed back due to Eagles’ poor start. So it may take a while for him to get going. Give Nic Nat a few weeks to drop in price, and he could be a nice upgrade from Matthew Leuenberger in a few weeks time.

– @webbmark: how much is the minimum amount $ worth using a downgrade trade for $200k, $150k?

ANSWER: It depends on the player you’re downgrading from I reckon. It’s more a question of how much you should be makes off a downgrade. In the perfect world, I would like to make a good $150,000 – $200,000 off my rookies, but circumstances permit. You may be forced to trade out a Rowe or Blicavs and not generate a great deal of cash off it. Usually a rookie will peak around $250,000-$300,000, and trading down will generate A LOT of cash. I wouldn’t go past trading in a rookie at $150,000+ unless it’s urgent or there’s simply no rookies at the bubble.

– @OssieTerron: Mitch Robinson worth a look this week with a BE of 62?

ANSWER: A player I started the season with, I expected big things from Mitch Robinson. However, after that concussion-affected score of 20, he really hasn’t set the world on fire – averaging 74.7, with an average of 85.6 over past 5 weeks. He may have a low BE, but so does Dale Thomas, at a cheaper price. So for me, I would ditch the idea of getting Robinson in and get Dale Thomas. Mitch just isn’t scoring well enough to be considered.

Alright everyone, another week of Flesh for Fantasy down. All the best for the weekend ahead and make sure you send in your questions to @Mr_Crimmins.

Mr Crimmins.

Follow the great Mr Crimmins on Twitter

@Jacko2128 · 09/05/2013 at 12:28

get dangerfield in or andrew swallow?

jockreynolds · 09/05/2013 at 12:40

I'd be all over Danger like a cheap bloody rash this week Jacko… absolutely completely and utterly in the sweet spot for mine mate

@Jacko2128 · 09/05/2013 at 12:50

and do i trade out rowe before sinclair?

jimbotraralgon · 09/05/2013 at 15:37

tough. Surely Sinclair's days are numbered with nicnat back.

Both have low js at the moment so might need to move them both on in the next couple of weeks

The chocolate eclair first then the boat second.

Eugene · 09/05/2013 at 12:46

Swallow for me

Saltysalts · 09/05/2013 at 12:47

DANGER!
    He may not be as consistent but if manages to continue playing close to what he was like on the weekend, he will definitely score more points over the season!

All IMO tho, trust your gut

@bridgman35 · 09/05/2013 at 12:38

Westhoff is gone this week for hometown hero Daisy T. Should Wines become Andrew Swallow or Walker? I like Swallow as a person and as a POD with a great average and low break even.

jockreynolds · 09/05/2013 at 12:41

Mad Irishman would disagree.. but I'd go Swallow mate. Just proven premium output over a longer period of time. They'll be hunting Walker soon

@bridgman35 · 09/05/2013 at 12:50

Thanks Jock, Mick is leading the Walker bandwagon but Swallow has been great over the years for me, and I'm getting onboard once again.

@Da_Mad_Irishman · 09/05/2013 at 13:15

Funny enough i'd go Swallow now – without Yarran in the team I can see Walkers output drop – Saints also got destroyed by Daisy last week and I don't think they'll let Walker do that to them this.

Still like Walker this year as a forward but would see Swallow averaging higher from here on out

@bridgman35 · 09/05/2013 at 13:33

You're right teams should be waking up to Walker now, and if we look at what losing Tiprat has done to Tex it could have the same effect.

@Jacko2128 · 09/05/2013 at 12:39

get sinclair or rowe out this week?

Morse · 09/05/2013 at 13:00

My thoughts exactly Jacko, Sinclair could be on the block with Nic Nat highly unlikely to be vested again this week. Waiting for the teams to come out tonight but thinking Sinclair would be the first one to be either cut or the given the dreaded vest.
    with Big Sandyman out for at least another 5 weeks, Jack hannath on your ruck bench could be a good option (would generate at least $100-$150K)

@Jacko2128 · 09/05/2013 at 13:02

yeah im getting hannath in, just not sure who for yet. I guess ill have to wait too!

Saltysalts · 09/05/2013 at 12:45

Keen to see if laird or docherty get named!

If they both get named, would you say Laird is the better option? (Downgrade Heath)

Or better to trade in Kane Mitchell now with not many midfield bubbles coming? (Downgrade Wines)

@shanenma · 09/05/2013 at 15:40

Mitchell for me

@MRB37 · 09/05/2013 at 12:46

Nice work, Mr Crimmins.

Trading out Jacobs methinks, disappointed in his form, but thems the breaks. Swapping Cox into the rucks and bring in Daisy as a forward.

Question for you guys about trading the 450-500K types like Mundy and Maloney. Should these guys be your last upgrade targets? I have 100K left over, so I can upgrade one of them to Dangerfield. Should I be concentrating on selling rookies first, or just buy a premium when I can afford one?

@bridgman35 · 09/05/2013 at 13:04

I would be leaving those guys till last unless they are falling apart aka Jacobs/Westhoff. You know they are going to be getting you consistent output, where as rookies are going to be inconsistent barring the likes of Goodes and maybe Jaeger. I would build the war chest and try to turn those rookies into premiums.

@MRB37 · 09/05/2013 at 13:08

Yea, I reckon you're right, i'm just itching to get Danger in my side!

@bridgman35 · 09/05/2013 at 13:36

Although I faced the same thing with Rich earlier in the season (mind you, he was falling apart) and went straight to Pendles, can't say i regret it.

Danger is prime for the taking, but Cotchin it looks like will be in the same position in two weeks.

@bridgman35 · 09/05/2013 at 13:37

and Watson

@MRB37 · 09/05/2013 at 13:45

Yea, I can afford to upgrade Wines or Steves to Cotchin in a few weeks, I reckon that's the smartest move. Thanks.

@Da_Mad_Irishman · 09/05/2013 at 13:20

MRB37 – i'm of the mould of trading up from the bottom. That is upgrade my lowest scoring players (rookies) first and then when I have a full team start to tweek it with the Maloney to Danger type trade.

You have got to ask yourself what will make your team more points

A rookie like dwyer who is on the field scoing 60 upgraded to a decent permium will net you 40pts a game where as a Moloney to Danger will only net you 20pts a game (MAX) so i'd keep the 100k and use it next week on another rookie upgrade

@MRB37 · 09/05/2013 at 13:47

Yea, you're right Mick, i'm just being impatient because of my poor form so far this year. Reckon it'll be bring in Daisy this week, then next week or the week after i'll be able to cash in Stevens or Wines for Cotchin or someone similar. Thanks.

Morse · 09/05/2013 at 12:55

Great work again boys, some excellent food for thought. I have Jacobs and this blleding cash is making me lick the deep wounds but would it not be worth keeping him to see if he plays himself back into form considering he has GWS, Saints and NM to come? I am trying to save cash as I want Priddis, buddy and jobe into my side over the next 3 weeks so cannot afford to use cash for upgrade.
What do you think is the best option?

@MRB37 · 09/05/2013 at 12:56

I reckon on his current form McEvoy and Goldstein will eat him alive. I'm jumping off before that happens.

@Jacko2128 · 09/05/2013 at 13:04

Hold. I am. Worst case scenario he drops even more and u will have to downgrade…

team changa · 09/05/2013 at 13:20

i would hold jacobs just like im holding mumford, they have hit there peak low and can only improve from here out. alot of people will jump on when form increses and you want to make sure you still have them. worst case scenario you trade down if form stays low.

trading out dwyer and pittard this week to walker in fwd and either danger or swollow in mids with 170kleft not sure who to pick in the mids.. and if walker is my best choice over stevie j.. thoughts?

jimbotraralgon · 09/05/2013 at 15:43

Stevie j by a paddock. Geelong play low teams after this weeks blockbuster and he love to beat up on the weak.

Helmet · 09/05/2013 at 16:19

as mentioned in the podcast, Kieran Jack (Sydney) is doing the business, is down $25g's and makes an excellent midfield PoD

NICK · 09/05/2013 at 13:48

just upgraded Ollie wines for dale Thomas and also got rid of jaccobs for jhono griffin also thinking in a few weeks to upgrade jj kendey to nick nat would that be a good idea

Azza · 10/05/2013 at 09:18

Yea I'm thinking a swap of either Monfries or Kennedy to Nic Nat, or even a straight swap from Leuie. Will wait and see..

@Jacko2128 · 09/05/2013 at 14:22

Who to play this week out of:

Viney and vlastuin? AND

Terlich and stevenson?

Shaneoo88 · 09/05/2013 at 14:31

Keep Terlich and Viney for this week just based on the competitionthey are against this week

Azza · 10/05/2013 at 09:19

I'd play Viney over Vlastuin and Terlich over Stevenson

Cragels · 09/05/2013 at 14:47

If Gibbs is back this week I'll be rid of the big fat 0 Waters got me last week (And this week if he doesn't play with Gibbs and Goodes on the bench) after a late out, I'm thinking OUT with Westhoff and Wines and IN with Pendles and Thomas, I would like to strengthen my back line a bit but I think I'll just wait another week or two for that.

That's probably the best combo I could come up with for this week just going to make it harder to get the premiums to keep coming next week with 70k only left in the bank…

Thoughts?

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:45

I really like that Pendles/Thomas trade A LOT!! but with Gibbs and Waters out, you should attend to one of those, unless you're willing to have long term success for short term pain and keep Waters

Koops · 09/05/2013 at 15:08

I can only get either danger or daisy this week…..

Which one is the better bet you reckon?

Wouldn’t mind getting both bu can only afford one this week

Eugene · 09/05/2013 at 15:13

Danger for sure!
    Looks to be getting a bit of form back and he's playing GWS this week, nuff said!

Koops · 09/05/2013 at 15:18

That’s what I went with on Monday, but I forever hover over the reverse trade button!!! Danger will stay tho

@shanenma · 09/05/2013 at 15:38

Face value agree. But dont' forget to look into his previous 2 scores against GWS last year – 91 and 110.

@shanenma · 09/05/2013 at 15:37

I'm in your exact same boat… after a lot of contemplating back and forth, i'm going to settle with Daisy as the safer option. Cannot ignore that VALUE. Danger maybe next week – then again, the VALUE proposition comes up again for Priddis next week..

Shaneoo88 · 09/05/2013 at 15:54

Not sold on Daisy yet, Pies have a tough 3 weeks. If you have Lecras and/or Kennedy and plan to use them to upgrade to premium I think you can afford to wait 2-3 weeks before getting Daisy.

I think Danger is going to become a leader for the Crows, just the way he pushed himself last week to lift his team was more impressive than what Daisy did.

Granted anyone who brings in Danger or Daisy will be happy, I just lean towards Danger

Helmet · 09/05/2013 at 16:24

Daisy only has a predicted increase of a bit under $15,000 so Danger this week, Daisy next week – IF he continues his form!

cakeater · 09/05/2013 at 15:09

hi does anyone know how 2 do two trades at once, or reverse your trade/s on a iphone5?
im not able to work it out.

the "Cakeater" overall rank 15322 (dream team)

Koops · 09/05/2013 at 15:18

Can’t do it on the app, you have to visit the site… I emailed them about the reverse trade and they just said it can’t be done

2Ma · 09/05/2013 at 15:35

don't think you can mate – another limitation to the app. You obviously can do both those things if you just go to the supercoach site through safari…

brick · 09/05/2013 at 15:20

Lester's BE is too good to resist for me – if he's named that is. Money for Jam.

I strongly believe he'll push over 400k this week and then I'll trade him for Priddis (using other Dpp's) and that's a winner winner chicken dinner.

Azza · 10/05/2013 at 09:20

He's named so jump on!

Shaneoo88 · 09/05/2013 at 15:26

Black (Nth) and Lee for Dwyer and Neade. Black and Lee are on the bubble, Kosi suspension opens up a chance for a 3rd game. Black has a great b.e. Should I stick with this or keep Neade and just trade Dwyer for Black.

Next week I can move Neade for Buddy and Stevenson for a cheaper Birchill

I am torn

G unit · 10/05/2013 at 00:02

lee is wasting your time, black looks handy

Fabian · 09/05/2013 at 15:33

Really hoping crouch gets up this week.

I'll be looking to trade out one of the port trio, swing brett goodes from mid to def and bring in daisy.

With goodes not playing, relying on Gibbs, Dixon and Pittard to get up so I have no donuts down back. If pittard doesn't play I'll probably pull the pin on him… but would rather not as he has still got some cash rises in him.

Do you think it is worth bringing in Vlastuin this week??

Yes he will go up in cash but I'm thinking of holding off until someone cheaper like staker gets up. Can't see Vlastuin consistently holding his spot.

Shaneoo88 · 09/05/2013 at 15:43

You should be in the process of cashing in on those Port defenders…I think defense is the line in your team you need to establish first. After this round I will have Gibbs, Heppell, Shaw, Goddard, Goodes, Birchill. That line lacks depth compared to the other lines.

Forwards is probably next but I feel more time is needed to judge who the top 5 forwards will be seasons end.

Vlaustin is 50/50 call I believe. Staker is an option for next month, if he can prove himself in his first 2 senior games he can be a downgrade option.

Fabian · 09/05/2013 at 15:52

Yeah idealy I'd bring in shaw as well this week. Took Dixon last week with the intention of being able to bring in Shaw last week, hoping Shaw would score a bit lower than he did. Ah well. Current have Birch,Gibbs,goddard,Dixon,Goodes(after this round) as keepers down back.

Would like to trade Pittard + heath/terlich in a few weeks for Prem and a cheap rookie… but things don't go to plan.

Agree with you on the FWDs, Besides COX, hard to gauge who the next 4 will be

Shaneoo88 · 09/05/2013 at 15:58

I had decided to bring in Birchill last week instead of Shaw right until the last moment. I decided to go with Shaw because he had a better break even, was cheaper…so his odds of costing more was higher. I got really lucky because Birch scored 50 something and has a 180 be this week. In the midst of all the chaos with Heppel and Gibbs I at least had that work in my favor

Kev · 09/05/2013 at 15:48

Crouch is still listed as 1 week away with his hammy

@MRB37 · 09/05/2013 at 17:48

Sando has also said he'll be back in the SANFL as well, so it'll be 2 weeks minimum before he's back for the Crows.

@shanenma · 09/05/2013 at 15:59

In the words of the Crouching one: Vlaustin = GUN!….. LOCK!

rosco_peco · 09/05/2013 at 16:06

Mr Crimmins & The Big Jock, great articles and advice every week!

Is it worth dropping Zork the Dork for Daisy? I'm letting Yarran go for Hibberd too which leaves me with $132K, or should i go to a Laird/Vlastuin/Docherty to pump up the war chest?

Your advice is always appreciated. Keep up the good work gents!

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:43

I'd go Yarran to Vlaustin and really build that war chest. Hold Zorko though, always back in your premiums. Maybe use Yarran cash to upgrade a rookie to Daisy ie Neade, Dwyer

James · 09/05/2013 at 16:21

jock, crimmins and irishman

Do i trade jacobs for nic nat after nic nat drops in price?

Callum · 09/05/2013 at 17:59

For me, i had been tossing up this week whether to trade him, and once mr crimmins said get him out i made my move. Bring in hannath, generate lots of cash.

James · 09/05/2013 at 20:51

is that better as hopping on vlastuin for stevenson?

NICK · 09/05/2013 at 16:31

I traded jasper pittard for nick suban needed someone cheap to help me cover my back line since Dixon is hurt and goodes is still out also traded Ollie wines for dale Thomas good trades or not like I said I needed some one cheap and whos been scoreing well I know subun had one bad game but he has been scoreing well

Sunka · 09/05/2013 at 17:46

Suban could be a good pick if he keeps his spot and continues to get midfield time. I nearly picked him in my starting team, but was a bit worried about the Ross Lyon effect. Could work for you but it is risky!

I probably wouldn't upgrade Wines to Thomas. I think it's better to get a big gun in there for Wines if and when you can. Again, it's not the worst move though. I'll be upgrading him next week for Watson, Selwood or maybe save some coin with Priddis

Helmet · 09/05/2013 at 16:42

With the plethora of premium locks that are due to drop significantly in the next few weeks I'm thinking of putting my plums in the hands of the Supercoach Gods and risking a severe rolling by downgrading J Grimes (M) to J Clarke (BL), and recycling the empty Sauce Bottle for M Gawn .. will leave me with an $800,000 warchest which should allow me to go Wham, Bam, Thankyou Ma'am and use my next 4 trades to secure season defining super-premiums. Be gentle plum-rollers ….

aaa · 09/05/2013 at 16:44

only have 20 trades left after this week. How many have you guys got?

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 17:52

18! 😉

JimBob · 09/05/2013 at 19:13

really?

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 20:07

Fraid so…

Tom · 09/05/2013 at 23:30

I'm down to 19. Playing aggresive this season! Hey just a question, do you like your own comments? Everything you say has a like, no matter what it is…. : )

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 23:46

Ha ha no I'm not that narcissistic. If you log in with an intensedebate account the system automatically adds a plus 1 each time you comment. Same for Jock and others like Jimbotraralgon.

It's bit of a crap system really although I guess it encourages users to post comments. In fact the only reason I use intensedebate is so that I can edit my comments as I always make stuff ups with spelling and the like.

Yes no doubt I'll pay a price for burning all these trades early but it has set my team up nicely having won 19 of my 20 SC matches.

It will definitely limit my ability to do sideways trades in the second half of the season and I will just have to pray to the fantasy footy gods that I'm not savaged with injuries around the finals.

G unit · 10/05/2013 at 00:04

Bob · 09/05/2013 at 16:56

Surely getting Jacobs out is a trade burned. Has no competition for first ruck and even an ave of 90 will not be that much less than similar priced rucks.

@MRB37 · 09/05/2013 at 17:54

You're forgetting Angus Graham….HAHA, couldn't keep a straight face on that one, Crouching would have probably fly kicked my head off if I was serious.

I kind of agree, but it's worrying that he's not scoring well and has a run of guys like McEvoy and Goldstein to come. His ruck work was a lot better against the Hawks, but as Crimmins said, he's not getting the possessions elsewhere at the moment. Also with McKernan in the side, he's spending a bit more time as a resting forward because Smack is actually a decent 2nd ruckman, unlike Jenkins, who's still learning. You could make a case for keeping him if you've got major issues elsewhere, but if you've got Cox up FWD and that means you can trade Jacobs for a Daisy Thomas or Stevie J or whoever, then you might think about it.

I'm still 50/50 on trading him myself, I know he's got the stuff to turn it around, just need to see it. Hopefully this will be the week.

Kev · 09/05/2013 at 17:16

Knights vs Gray community? Any thoughts out there.

Sunka · 09/05/2013 at 17:34

I prefer Gray,barring injury concerns.

Sunka · 09/05/2013 at 17:32

With Mayne as my F5 and Neade as F6, is it best to upgrade Neade to Thomas and stick with Mayne or upgrade Mayne to a top notcher? FWD: Cox, Bartel, Rockliff, Kennedy, Mayne, Neade. Just a bit worried about having Kennedy and Mayne in there. Both can go big and have been solid. Feedback much appreciated!

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 17:47

My advice would be to go Neade to Daisy who represents great value for money.

I would sit on Mayne a while longer until after you have culled the majority of your cash cows, some time around the byes and decide then.

Sunka · 09/05/2013 at 17:53

Cheers mate! I was leaning towards that but the temptation to go big for Mayne kept swaying me. I had Mayne from the start and still think he can put out some good scores. I think Pav out has actually hurt his scores but hold I will!

NICK · 09/05/2013 at 17:45

dream team 32 and supercoach 18

SCaddict · 10/05/2013 at 00:02

That's the spirit! You can't take these trades to the grave.

Tom · 09/05/2013 at 18:02

Mini dilemma… I want to get on the Sinclair to Hannath train but there's a possibility that next week there won't be a decent downgrade option for K. Stevens in the midfield, which almost has to made next week for my plan. What to do?

There's K.Mitchell this week only and next week there's possibly B.Kennedy, Williams, Saunders and Kent? Are any of those guys likely to string some games together?

Helmet · 09/05/2013 at 20:34

Might depend on who you have as your other rucks? Are they both topliners? If so, or you have one premium + a Hamneggburger or a Pyke type, then do you want to have to use another trade to get rid of Hannath for the cash later?

Maybe Vlastuin into the middle for Stevens which will make you about the same cash as the ruck trade but give you a DDP option ..

Gilly · 09/05/2013 at 22:27

Lonergan from Gold Coast, has been injured but believe that he is in best 21. Also McKenna spoke highly of him after first game

Zimmer · 09/05/2013 at 18:03

Going to bring Daisy in.

Can either bring him in for Viney or Dwyer.

Want to get him in the mid so I can use my swings in the fwd line = Viney

Or should I just swap Dwyer and ignore the swing option?

Zimmer · 09/05/2013 at 19:09

Also, is Roberton still worth a look?

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:39

And you may have missed the boat with Roberton value wise, and given his price, just feel there are better options out there.

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:38

I'd go Dwyer for Thomas, then try get rid of Viney for a Priddis next week.

Luke · 09/05/2013 at 18:09

Getting rid of Rowe and can upgrade to any forward premium. Who should I go for? Stuck between Martin, Johnson and Thomas. Currently chosen Martin.

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:36

I'd go Thomas, then Johnson.

Tom · 09/05/2013 at 18:16

I'd stick with Martin. He's on the way up!

Shaneoo88 · 09/05/2013 at 18:20

Dwyer for Black and Viney for Mitchell? Better to back Viney and save a trade, or go with getting Viney out?????

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:36

Get Viney out if you can make money off him, but worried about Black as an option. Lack of forwards hurt. Maybe hold Dwyer, make a downgrade elsewhere and then go Dwyer to Buddy next week (cash pending)

THESALTSHAKERS · 09/05/2013 at 18:36

Grimes > Lester

Dwyer > Thomas

Next week maybe Stevo down then > Neade > Priddis if no options Wines > Priddis

aaa · 09/05/2013 at 18:39

Luke Brown to Colquhon and K. Stevens to Daisy Thomas. Too risky relying on Colq?

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:34

Very risky only because we haven't seen a lot of the Colq. Consider maybe Laird or Docherty as options, but must do something about Stevens – he's ready to go.

THESALTSHAKERS · 09/05/2013 at 18:53

Essendon Drug Had Euphoric Effects (Movie Scene)

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:31

Hahahaha Crimmins nearly had a heart attack at this.

James · 09/05/2013 at 18:56

Hey Mr Crimmins,

Should I trade Wines to Dangerfield and downgrade Heath to Laird or trade Heath to Laird and Neade to Dale Thomas?

If I do the first option I will be left with 1 non-playing player in the midfield
If I do the second option I will be able to cover all positions for the week.

I really want Dangerfield and this maybe the only week to get him.

What to do?

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:29

Tough because Dangerfield is ready to explode, but at same time, you'll have a zero…based purely on the zero, I'd go option 2. Eye off a Priddis instead

James · 09/05/2013 at 19:03

Problem is I have to trade out Wines so I can get Dangerfield, I don't get enough money from Stevens.

Tom · 09/05/2013 at 19:04

Thoughts on Ben Kennedy's job security?

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 20:17

Shaky at best.

Still a few Pies stars in Beams, Johnson, Goldsack, Ball and Young to come back in over the next few weeks.

JimBob · 09/05/2013 at 19:11

Should I trade fyfe to dale thomas. Once i may be cursed witha donut since I have crouch, fyfe and cotchin in my midfield. In the back line I have goodes gibbs and dochertey with saunders emergencey most likely.

I think:
Trade fyfe to thomas
Trade crouch to vlastuin

I bring vlaustin the back line for goodes or gibbs and put put thomas on the field.

What does anyone think?

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 20:27

You really have to wear the Teen Wolf donut I'm afraid. Trading him out with just one more week to serve in the sin bin is crazy talk – no offence intended.

You just have to weather one more week of bad luck and then you should be right as rain. There's even a possibility that Crouch may be back next week.

As much as I've been spruiking Daisy this week he's definitely not worth cashing in Teen Wolf for. In fact I'm expecting a much quieter game out of Daisy this week as no doubt Rosco will be looking to shut him down.

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 19:16

pittard to who cheaper than 300,00?

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 20:10

Colquhoun is now a possibility although as he's named on the bench you should hold that trade until the Port sub is announced on Saturday.

Otherwise Vlastuin is probably your safest option albeit not the cheapest rookie out there.

Osh · 09/05/2013 at 19:35

Is it time to get rid of Pittard yet?

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 19:45

he's still out and if I don't get him out i'll have to take a donut in my backline

SCaddict · 09/05/2013 at 20:36

Yes if you're facing a donut in your back line I would cash Pittard out. As I don't I will be hanging on to him as I have other cash cows to slaughter who have reached their used by date such as Dwyer.

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:26

Yes, cash him in.

Jeremy · 09/05/2013 at 20:07

This week, i've done Wines to Vlastuin, and then Dwyer to Daisy.

Leaves me with 160k, next week, can cash in on Matty Jones for Priddis, then downgrade Stevenson or Neade to Staker or the likes. The next week i can then bring in a premo for whichever of the two i didnt trade. At that stage, i will only have 3 rooks on field, Stevenson or Neade, Goodes, and O'meara. The latter two i consider near-keepers.

Sound like a plan?

I'm stumped with who to trade out this week though. Matt Jones with a score of 70 will increase 20k, Wines with a score of 84 will go up 8k. Jones plays GC this week though, so the question is, do i keep wines to use on field this week, and end up likely 12k worse off, or do i flip him and put jones on field?

Thanks peeps

Jeremy · 09/05/2013 at 20:09

Btw, reason im not trading Stevenson this week, is that I will get a donut in defence potentially this week, with Goodes and Frost missing, and Saunders unlikely. Need Vlastuin to swing with saunders

chandanrajdb · 09/05/2013 at 20:11

Guys,

My Trades this week….

OUT: Dwyer & Rowe

IN: Hannath & Vlastuin……Not 100% sure on J Clarke's (Brisbane Lion) rookie's JS….He may get dropped once B Staker comes into consideration……

Will be left with $203k in the warchest after the above trades……Next week will be chasing Buddy……

Thought Please……

Thanks
Raj…

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:20

I like it, a lot. 2 great trades that will not only make you money now – but also down the track. Building up that warchest nicely mate.

chandanrajdb · 10/05/2013 at 15:25

Thanks Crimmo…..Very much appreciated…….Finally i got some feedback regarding this week's trades…..happy to move on with the above trades…..thanks again…..

Balls · 09/05/2013 at 20:25

Reckon Pittard has got another 60K upside in him, needs to get on the field soon though. I'm keeping him just for the 60K and if he's not back in 2 weeks – I'll probably dump him. That said – I've got a few that I want to dump before Pittard.

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 20:31

pitted- clarke vlaustin or ellis

Balls · 09/05/2013 at 20:44

Had the same problem with an upcoming dounut – so this is what I've done (and you probably cannot do it) unless you have a Gibbs / Goodes in back – and rookie mid fielder who is not performing. Traded out Viney for Vlaustin, subed Goodes for Vlaustin. Donut eliminated and some bucks in the bank.

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:19

Vlaustin for mine

James · 09/05/2013 at 20:41

Who is better out of Kane Mitchell, Dean Kent and Ben Kennedy?

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:19

Dean Kent, but we haven't seen enough of him so I'll go Kane Mitchell.

Raymond Hill · 09/05/2013 at 20:42

What's a better trade
Gibbs and pittas for Watson and valuation
Or goodes and neade for Martin and b.kennedy

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 20:48

watsons better than martin so i'd take the first one

raymond hill · 09/05/2013 at 21:03

But I have 14 premiums at the moment so if I do the second trade ill have 15

Michael · 09/05/2013 at 22:30

just out of interest, what is classed as premium – $500K+ or $450K+?

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 20:50

how long is gibbs out?

Balls · 09/05/2013 at 20:58

Hard to tell as it was supposedly a slight hamstring strain, should be next week – I think the Blues are just being super cautious and fair enough too, as he only played a half in his last game and slayed them.

James · 09/05/2013 at 20:59

What backline rookies are coming in for there 2 game?

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:18

Docherty, Vlaustin and Laird – but Docherty and Laird are subject to team releases tonight

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 21:06

get pittard out with no salary cap space so need to bring in vlaustin or clarke
or do i bring out gibbs for shaw?

jake · 09/05/2013 at 21:08

what do you think i should do with jenkins?, BE of 118 and playing GWS this week

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:17

Downgrade him and make some $$$

Adrian · 09/05/2013 at 21:36

Whos a better person to trade in for Cotchin?
Stevie J or Dangerfield? i cant decide

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 21:45

danger

MooseKnuckle · 10/05/2013 at 10:11

Why trade Cotchin… It's a waste of a trade! Stick him on the bench for 1 game.

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:16

HOLD Cotchin for mine, but Danger if need be

Liam · 09/05/2013 at 21:49

opinions on the following options, can only do one :
upgrade dwyer this week to thomas
upgrade o'meara to mitchell/murphy/walker/priddis
upgrade dwyer NEXT WEEK to buddy franklin who's looking to drop 50k this week

which option is the best one here you reckon?

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 21:59

dwyer-thomas

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:16

Dwyer to Thomas. Don't dump O'Meara, still has some room to grow

Jimbo · 09/05/2013 at 21:58

If you have two emergencies in the same position does it take the higher score or lower score? Is this the emergancy loophole if a have a non-playing player and two emergancies?

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 22:02

it's the lowest score. not sure about the loophole

Sully · 09/05/2013 at 22:07

get pittard out with no salary cap space so need to bring in vlaustin or clarke
or do i bring out gibbs for shaw?

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:15

Bring in Vlaustin. Hold Gibbs, will be back next week. Will be plenty of opportunities to get Shaw in at some stage this year.

Micko · 10/05/2013 at 07:32

Koby Stevens for Ben Kennedy…

Dwyer for Daisy..

What’s people’s thoughts? Wise choice??

Any comments appreciated..

jockreynolds · 10/05/2013 at 13:21

I dont mind it Micko – all geared around adding an extra premium and your team will be stronger for it moving forward.

great stuff

Micko · 10/05/2013 at 14:25

Thanks for the heads up Jock!
      Hope Daisy continues to perform..
      Cheers

Zimmer · 10/05/2013 at 10:22

Mr C. or anyone.

Option 1: Stevens to Mitchell; Dwyer to Daisy.
Option 2: Stevens to Mitchell; Stevenson to Heath Shaw.

Which one? Stevens dropped so a no-brainer really .Backline is still a shambles with Gibbs and Goodes out. But Dwyer has peaked. Which way do I go?

Thanks.

jockreynolds · 10/05/2013 at 13:22

I like Option 1 mate – Dwyer a better chopping block option, and Daisy higher upside/better value than Shaw

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:14

Option 1 for me too. Dwyer MUST GO this week. No ifs or buts.

Westy · 10/05/2013 at 10:29

In this week – Steve J and Vlastuin for Karnezis and Gibbs – Hadn't moved Tele out previously due to excessive carnage (eg Varcoe) and riper plums!
In last week – Lester and Gawn for Blicavs and Pittard – Lester was a hedging bet for that weeks' backline armageddon (and he paid out quite well).

Also, why doesn't Lester have facial hair? Because then he'd be called Mo Lester.

Robert · 10/05/2013 at 10:58

Hi – with 'Lids poor form, tagging and high BE I was thinking a straight trade to GAJ? Any thoughts? Have the nagging feeling that this is a mistake, but on paper it looks good…also J.Steven to Daisy and 100k left in the bank?

Cheers

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:12

I like it, both. Deledio will cop Port tag this week with Cotchin out. On otherhand, Gaz playing Melbourne. I reckon to be a serious contender, you need Gary. Execue both mate.

jockreynolds · 10/05/2013 at 13:20

Crimmo – what a sensational bloody write up mate. Hats off to you

@Mr_Crimmins · 10/05/2013 at 15:13

Thanks Jock, never liked Billy Idol's song until this season.

Sully · 10/05/2013 at 16:15

two options here
option 1: out pittard in vlaustin
option 2: out gibbs in shaw

thought would be appreciated thanks community

Favalinko · 10/05/2013 at 18:02

option 1 IMO will generate some $ for upgrades in the near future and Vlaustin DPP will be handy in bye rounds plus Gibbs will be back next week fresh and firing

James · 10/05/2013 at 17:08

Hey Mr Crimmins,

I ended up going Oliver Wines to Patrick Dangerfield and Koby Stevens to Ben Kennedy. Instead of downgrading Heath and Stevenson I'll upgrade them to a premium backman.

Thoughts?

Cheapest Place To Buy Instagram Followers · 02/07/2014 at 10:57

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something.
I think that you could do with a few pics to drive the message home
a bit, but instead of that, this is magnificent blog. A fantastic read.

I will definitely be back.