JOCK’S POST TEAM SELECTION WEEKLY VIDEO

Enjoy Jock’s weekly pre lockout AFL Fantasy advice video folks – and join in the discussion below!

Zimmer · 18/04/2013 at 20:39

Jock, Have got Vlastuin, K Mitchell, Karnezis, Ryder, as well as Zorko.

Thinking of going Vlastuin to Hutchins, and Karnezis to Berger (switching Rowe fwd). Will deal with Mitchell next week (won't lose money) maybe with Mayes (who will be on the bubble.) Obviously that means I keep Ryder for now, (have other issues, so will ride the storm, so to speak).

What do you think. Any other suggestions.

jockreynolds · 18/04/2013 at 21:18

Gday there Zimmer mate.. see Karnezis is named this week? Might be worth hanging onto him to have another look and dealing with your other dramas. I reckon you may as well give Ryder the chop for a rookie, then use the cash to upgrade any mid priced germs you have hanging around the joint.

Zimmer · 18/04/2013 at 22:15

Karnezis named on the extended Bench. What's a bet that if he does play he gets the vest?

Heytman · 18/04/2013 at 23:09

Potential vest would still be better than Ryder's 0 in my humble opinion

Zimmer · 19/04/2013 at 19:32

Karnezis named as Emergency. Going with original plan.

Will use Ryder for captain loophole this week and maybe bring Buddy in for him next week.

Brad · 18/04/2013 at 21:18

Hey Jock, do you reckon I trade Varcoe & Currie OUT for Kennedy & Rowe. OR Varcoe & Vlastuin OUT for Rowe & Hutchins

jockreynolds · 18/04/2013 at 21:21

I think long term your team will be better off after the second option.. plenty more cash generation. But short term option 1 gives you more point generation. Tough one mate.. probably leaning toward option 1.. even though you get a hutchins and rowe in trade 2 likelihood is that one of them will just end up being dead money on your bench anyway

Brad · 18/04/2013 at 22:40

Cheers mate, will probably go with option 1, which will still allow me to use my emergency loophole in the back line

Dom · 18/04/2013 at 21:26

Who should I put in this week?
Dusty Martin or Westhoff?

jockreynolds · 18/04/2013 at 21:43

Dusty is my call on that one Dom

matt · 18/04/2013 at 21:51

tips for captain this week????

SCaddict · 19/04/2013 at 00:56

Jobe, Swan, JPK, Cox, Cotch/Lids. Would steer clear of Pendles and GAJ this week with injury clouds hanging over them that may or may not impinge on their performance.

Just make sure you use the captain's loophole if you can to get two bites at the cherry.

Wade · 18/04/2013 at 21:57

To trade Shuey down to Hodge and then Roughhead down to Neade/Sinclair? I am looking for cash generation but I'm not too sure on which rookie to bring in for Roughie.. Is there any other options for the Roughead trade?

Wade · 18/04/2013 at 22:14

Maybe even a Monfries?

Gillie · 18/04/2013 at 22:00

Pavlich Out Rowe In then Vlaistuin Out Hanley In! Only players not playing are Kane Mitchell and Brent Macaffer. Worried about Pendles and Ablett?

SCaddict · 19/04/2013 at 00:46

Nice moves Gillie!

Not much we can do about Pendles and Gaz this weekend other than cross our fingers and pray to the Fantasy Footy deities. Though it's certainly worth considering alternative captain options this week if you have others available.

I'll be putting the VC on JPK and the C on Swan who is overdue for a big one anyway.

geoffmack · 18/04/2013 at 23:45

Jock I need your help,

I have a few problems. Scored 2080 , got $386k in kitty used 4 trades. Got Patton, Embley, Zorko and Plowman. Do I hold Zorko and look to dump Patton for a Monfires/Moloney/Mullet? Ditto with Embley? Or dump Zorko for a Hanley/Birchall? I have 11 rookies including the top 10 and coverage for both Embley and Patton. Need you advice please!!

Thanks everyone.

Scott · 19/04/2013 at 12:01

Jock, want to trade out Karnesis – have enough in the bank to secure any of the top forwards. Already have Dusty Martin, and not sold on the Hoff for long term, but can't make my mind up between A. Walker, Monfries or Walters. Who's the better long term prospect?

Sean · 19/04/2013 at 12:06

Any suggestions on who to pick out of Deledio or JPK?? Who will average higher for the year?

SCaddict · 19/04/2013 at 13:06

Close call but in Supercoach would give the edge to JPK only based on averages from last year and averages in the first 3 games this season.

But don't sweat it too much as both would be great selections for your team.

Sean · 19/04/2013 at 20:25

I went with Lids just coz im a massive fan of him, pretty happy at this stage seeing as JPK is on 2 at 1/4 time

61falcon · 19/04/2013 at 15:08

who do i Trade? currently have
Hanley,Gibbs,Goddard,Heppell,Goodes,Dixon-Terlich,Stevenson
Ablett,Fyfe,Swan,Wines,Rich,Danger,Viney,O'meara-Varcoe,Vlastuin
Berger,Blicavs-Witts,Currie
J Kennedy,Monfries,Jenkins,Dwyer,Neade,Zorko-Macaffer,Karnezis
Have 600k in the bank
I was thinking of Witts-Rowe then not sure if to dump Zorko for Cox or Westhoff
Or do i get rid of Varcoe now?

Zimmer · 19/04/2013 at 15:20

My 2 cents:

Priority would be to get rid of Varcoe, for Crouch maybe (depending on how much cash you have in the bank.)
    Witts to Rowe would be the next one.
    Zorko can wait till next week, and not convinced re. Westhoff.
    You'll probably want to look at replacing Vlastuin too, as he doesn't look like he'll get a look in, and you need your rookies making money.

Eugene · 19/04/2013 at 15:33

Since we're on this topic, I have a question for anybody who is free to answer.
Which of these rookies should I field?

Stevenson/Pittard/Terlich (Pick 1)
Viney/O'Meara/Stevens/Crouch (Pick 2)
Dwyer/Neade/Rowe (Pick 2)

Cheers guys!

dools · 19/04/2013 at 17:14

Terlich showed something last week and I rate a new guy who plays a 1st game in a loosing side, however I would pick Stevenson and Pittard from PT ADL.
    Viney O'Mera and Couch
    Neade is red vest/green vest for Gray IMO so go Rowe and Dwyer

Hope this is correct advice Eugene but It's what I would do but you have the joystick mate….

Eugene · 20/04/2013 at 00:55

Sounds like good advice mate, will definitely consider.
      Just tossing up between Pittard and Stevenson now…

Sam · 19/04/2013 at 16:07

shuey for hanley and varcoe for sinclair is this a good trade?

dools · 19/04/2013 at 17:15

Ya mate good trade

Sam · 19/04/2013 at 18:36

yeah does varcoe go down if i dont trade him cos i could hold off a week and get mayes instead of sinclair and trade out danger or zorko maybe

Cam · 19/04/2013 at 16:18

if i dont trade out varcoe this week will his price go down or not.also which trade/trades are more important: Shuey–>hanley pearce or maybe wingard varcoe–> sinclair or if i wait a week mayes or dangerfield–> cotchin/watson.

Eugene · 20/04/2013 at 10:13

Who to put my big C on today?
Pendles/Ablett/Cox???
Worried about the injuries to both the former…

Nosh · 21/04/2013 at 21:46

Hey guys I coped three injurys last week in Patton, kreuzer,varco I swoped Patton for Dwyer and kreuzer for goldy and this week griffin and Hanley who got injurys this week and I still got varco I need help on what trades I can do