Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Podcast – 2 weeks till kick off!

Published by Jock on

AFL supercoach 2013 NAB

2 weeks to go folks can you bloody believe it!

Get stuck right into this week’s podcast as we have an absolute feast of Supercoach and AFL Fantasy gold just waiting to be discovered. It has been a very interesting week of NAB Cup action and the tide has turned on many fronts.

I know I bang on a bit kids but I must take this opportunity to remind you to stay calm. The next fortnight is a stressful time for all fantasy footballers. It is a time for cool heads and steely nerves. It’s not the players you pick in these 2 weeks that will win you the prize. It’s the players you’re wise enough not to pick.

Discussed this week;

• Dyson Heppell
  • Patrick Ryder
  • Tex Walker
  • Josh Jenkins
  • Patrick Karnezis
  • Travis Varcoe
  • Dean Terlich
  • Daniel Currie
  • Koby Stevens
  • Leuenhamneggenburger
  • And a hell of a lot more..

Enjoy the show!

Subscribed on iTunes? This is a ripping way to get the show downloaded every week. Click here.

jeremy · 11/03/2013 at 22:54

Backs: B Goddard, B Gibbs, P Duffield, D Heppell, S Atley, B Goodes, (N Vlastuin, S Colquhoun)
Mids: G Ablett, S Pendelbury, L Shuey, H Hartlett, B Moloney, K Stevens, O Wines, K Mitchell (B Crouch, J O’meara)
Rucks: S Jacobs, D Currie (S Rowe, J Witts)
Forwards: J Roughead, D Zorko, J Bartel, T Rockliff J Kennedy, B Macaffer (S Kerridge, J Lamb)
Feedback is very welcome. Feeling as though my team is looking a bit shaky cheers Jeremy!

Rick · 11/03/2013 at 23:31

Pretty close to mine Jeremy, so I like it! Currie is the key

Clayton · 12/03/2013 at 00:07

Like it… like it very much! Rucks are risky, but if Currie gets the nod ahead of Goldstein, thats a bloody solid team. How much cash have you got? If possible, id upgrade Hartlett to Bennel

Smittzzy · 12/03/2013 at 00:43

Yeah man Hartlett is going to be your burn man if any. Also make sure those forward rookies can get games. Lamb will probably not break into Sydneys best 22

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 00:52

Hartlett is looking in ripping form and very hard to ignore particularly in the backline rather than the midfield. But his injury prone history can't be dismissed so I've now gone with Duffield instead who's proved to be very durable in contrast.

Still has me tossing and turning at night though as I reckon Harlett could have a blinder this season if those hammies hold up!

jeremy · 12/03/2013 at 07:27

thanks for that guys swapped hartlett to the defence for heppel and traded hartlett for birchall whos popped into my mind with injuries to piggy and others

BIGBOY · 12/03/2013 at 20:57

Your team look excellent but if there was one problem it would be the rucks as I believe Currie's job security good but not great, however the rest is magnificent.

Pete · 13/03/2013 at 22:19

bwahaha, pod cast, sneaky little peak comment from Crouching, gold!

Tim · 11/03/2013 at 22:56

Hey jock, higgo & crouching when will you guys be putting up your teams??:)

We would all love to see them

jockreynolds · 12/03/2013 at 20:18

Gday there Tim – sorry about the delay mate I've been at several Fantasy Footy focus groups around town all day,
    Let's just say that PLENTY will be revealed over the coming week old son 😉

klaay · 11/03/2013 at 23:36

good stuff fellas!!

Anyone got a league i can join?? consider myself a pretty good coach ahha

Kodesz · 11/03/2013 at 23:38

Great podcat again guys. Just a question for higgo, i cant see your complete guns and rookies strategy paying off. Who will you go for in the forward line if your just saying that midpricers like varcoe and karnezis are too risky? Surely with the lack of rookies that are guaranteed games in the fwd line, you’d have to take at least one mid pricer? Cant say i’ll be taking any of your advice on the guns and rookies strategy. Seems stupid to me.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 00:07

Perhaps you could've worded it a little nicer Kodesz but yes I'd like to see Higgo's forward line too with only GnRs.

I've gone guns and mid pricers across that line instead otherwise reckon you will run the risk of either picking up regular donuts or burning trades instead.

Kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 07:55

Agreed, probably sounds a bit nasty but i’m just interested to see who he’s going with.

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 00:18

5 guns forward
    5 rookies midfield
    Simple really in 2013

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 00:34

We're talking about the forward line Eagle not the midfield where obviously a GnR strategy is easily achievable.

Pies · 12/03/2013 at 01:00

That’s what eagle is saying SCaddict, u can put 5 premiums in your forward line and then have more rookies in other lines to keep a GnR strategy going even though forward rookies and slim this year

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 01:35

Yes somehow he edited his post whilst I was replying. It initially read just 5 guns 5 rookies so makes more sense now.

Well I guess it's doable then. But that's spending a heck of a lot of cash in just one line though and limiting yourself for trading in premium forwards who emerge during the season unless you want to burn a few extra sideways trades.

But the main reason I'm against it is I think you will likely be missing cash generating opportunities if you pass up on a good choice of value mid pricers up forward this year.

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 12:18

lol cash generation will be huge in the midfield u dil!
            Thats the whole point. MORE CASH GENERATION!
            From midfield rookies.

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 15:17

well if you have too many midfield rookies your missing out on midfield guns…you "dil"

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 19:09

5 is not to many me thinks.
                Its all about balance, most struggle with it.
                Its nice being in the top 10% evey year.

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 12:24

Yeah I mystically edited my post LOL

OR
            THe link between your eyes and brain works intermittently!

Good luck! it looks like you will need it.

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 12:25

OOps a bit harsh
              Now where did that mystical edit button go…………………?????

dools · 12/03/2013 at 22:24

Woh Lads, Suppossed to be a happy Place
                Like comin to Grandmas house after school, you said yes please No thanks and eat all the tea cakes offered and in return you put up with the Ps & Qs
                Don't hijack this site for the rest of the community

SCaddict · 13/03/2013 at 01:48

Good on ya Dools. Agree wholeheartedly mate. Don't want this great site to turn into many forums out there where they are more trouble than they are worth.

Debate and idea sharing is what's it about not juvenile name calling!

Michael · 12/03/2013 at 01:07

i think it would have to consist of mainly guns, with maybe 6 rookies in the midfield…. i can find 4 rookies up back, 2 in the ruck and none up FWD so my forward will mainly prems with karny as the mid pricer.

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 19:13

Higgo has insisted on going with 6 premiums in the midfield. Just dont know where he'd get the money to afford a safe forward line. His backline must be very weak if he goes with all guns in the forward line?

rowan · 11/03/2013 at 23:42

whats happened to heath scotland in defence?

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 00:03

Suspended for the first two rounds and he's getting on about to turn 33 in a few months.

PortJared04 · 11/03/2013 at 23:43

Out of some of the "cookie-cutters" I do NOT have players such as,
Franklin, Zorko, Luenberger, and out of some of the rookies named I don't have Vjney.

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 18:01

I actually dropped Viney recently too.

jimbotraralgon · 12/03/2013 at 19:54

Like your thinking guys. Viney hasn't come on as much as I thought. Maybe kommer might be passing him?

jockreynolds · 12/03/2013 at 20:19

I reckon I'd stick fat with the junior Vine lads.. serious quality here

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 20:49

For me, it came down to picking two out of Viney, Mitchell and Stevens. Since i'm starting 3 rookies in my guts, I went for the bit more mature players in Mitchell and Stevens. 5-5 approach has me with Ollie Wines, Koby Stevens, Kane Mitchell, Jaegar O'Meara and Brad Crouch in my mids.

Ram-Rod · 11/03/2013 at 23:44

Going with the 'set and forget' forward line this year as there are hardly any forward rookies. The mid pricers aren't looking all that good either. Bynes will burn, Varcoe doesn't look all that great, Monfries has an injury scare, Karnesis unproven, Siposs awkwardly priced…. So here it is, thoughts please:

Backline: GIBBS, BIRCHALL, HEPPELL, NEWMAN, VLASTUIN, GOODES (TERLICH, DOCHERTY)

Midfield: ABLETT, PENDLES, KENNEDY, HANNEBERY, WINES, STEVENS, MITCHELL, O'MEARA (CROUCH, VINEY)

Rucks: JACOBS, VARDY (CURRIE, ROWE)

Forwards: RYDER, ROUGHEAD, ZORKO, ROCKLIFF, MARTIN, CLOKE (MACAFFER, LEE)

SCaddict · 11/03/2013 at 23:59

I'm of similar thinking regarding the forward structure RR although perhaps a fraction top heavy for my liking so I'm going with a few mid pricers with high job security instead such as Lecras, JJKennedy and Karnezis.

Not even confident that Macaffer will get a game each week such is the depth of the Pies atm. It's certainly very lean pickings in relation to forward rooks this year.

gropes · 16/03/2013 at 04:34

Carefuk of Vardy – injury?

Matt · 11/03/2013 at 23:51

Hey guys great work again! What are your thoughts on Lecras in the forward line?

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 00:14

An enticing option although there will probably be a few mid pricers more popular at this stage if you can only fit in 1 or 2.

However I have 3 mid pricers in my forward line so can squeeze him in and reckon he'll be a good stepping stone to Nic Nat by about Rd 6.

Smittzzy · 12/03/2013 at 00:46

I'm not sure mate that bloody ACL injury is a real pain in the A*s

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 01:03

No question players returning from long term injuries have an added degree of risk hence the favourable pricing whether it be Leuey, Varcoe, Macaffer, Ball, Embley, JJK, Gray, Krakouer, Staker, Bock or Lecras.

Reckon it's a risk worth taking though especially with the extra 6 trades this season. Also I intend to use him as a stepping stone to a premium player so will unlikely still be in my team by mid season even if he remains fit and healthy.

But I also understand his selection is not for everybody so I'm hoping it will be a fruitful POD in my leagues early on.

jockreynolds · 12/03/2013 at 20:20

Great question – with the other mid price options droppin like flies can't help but be reminded of Higgos GUNS AND ROOKIES approach this season

SCaddict · 13/03/2013 at 01:55

Yeah Lecras is a tough sell and I can certainly understand why many coaches won't be able to fit him in.

For a player returning from a whole year out of the game with a serious injury $370K is certainly on the steep side. If he was under $300K like his mate JJKennedy then he would likely attract more interest.

But the guy is pure quality up forward and also capable of rotating through the midfield as well so I'm willing to roll the dice on him myself.

But at the same time I can fully appreciate whilst others are looking elsewhere. Certainly a decent talking point anyway.

Matt · 12/03/2013 at 20:35

I know Lecras is a bit of a risk, but one I am contemplating taking. Most of my team is guns and rookies at the moment but i feel there are not enough solid rookies in the forward line to make that strategy work, so I feel I have to put a couple of mid pricers in there.

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 12:31

Expensive for the scores he will averaged.
    Need High average scores or cash generation
    He wont give you either.
    Pass

SCaddict · 11/03/2013 at 23:56

Another enjoyable and informative listen again fellas but missed the LOCK OR NOT segment.

Varcoe is one cookie cutter I'm passing up on along with Viney.

Viney hasn't done enough just yet to justify the hype in my view and reckon there are more attractive alternatives to Varcoe for forward mid pricers such as Karnezis, Lecras, JJKennedy, Petterd, Siposs, Cornelius etc.

jockreynolds · 12/03/2013 at 20:21

Always great to read your view SC. I suppose the other thing is we have so many options for other MID rookies as well – going a bit different ie without Viney is a big POD

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 20:39

Yeah hopefully they are two PODs I don't live to regret as they are both very popular selections he he.

Smittzzy · 12/03/2013 at 00:01

I said it last week and i'll say it again, poo Dan Hannebery isnt coming under any consideration for a potential premium. 2 solid performances from him with great efficiency, just lacking clearances.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 00:15

Yes a serious alternative to Bennell, Shuey, Mundy etc and will be a nice POD for you mate.

Cold Ass Honky · 12/03/2013 at 00:04

At the moment im sporting a forward structure to 'Ram-Rod', for similar reasons.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Watts, Newman, Goodes, Terlich (Stevenson, Docherty)

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, S Mitchell, Mundy, Stevens, Mitchell, O'Meara (Viney, Crouch)

Ruck: Cox, Currie (Rowe, Witts)

Fwd: Ryder, Zorko the magnificent, Rockliff, Martin, Cloke, Macaffer (Neade, Lee)

Changing about 5 times (or more) a day, so this may not last long lol

Jeremy · 12/03/2013 at 00:05

*forward structure similar to 'Ram-Rod'

Jeremy · 12/03/2013 at 00:16

That being said, have already modified this slightly:
      In: Wines, Heath Shaw
      Out: S Mitchell, Docherty.

Going 4 starting rookies in the mids, and 1 in each other line. Makes money in the mids, sures up the other lines. Far more value in the midfield rookies than in any other spot.

Cold Ass Honky · 12/03/2013 at 00:22

Ok im obviously posting with two different names and are going mad. Also, Duffield Heppell combo looking better than Shaw Newman i believe

Michael · 12/03/2013 at 00:37

Jock mate Walker is being severely underated by you. Kicked 5 goals on the weekend too not 3 like you said

dan · 12/03/2013 at 01:10

pretty sure he only kicked 3 dude

Michael · 12/03/2013 at 01:19

2 Super goals and 3 Goals. scored 36 points. I watched the game and the AFL stats also say 2 super goals and 3 regular.

AFL Guru · 12/03/2013 at 01:23

Correct, 2 Super goals and 3 goals.

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 01:26

t walker with Adelaides draw IS A LOCK!!!!

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 18:15

His ability to boot goals from 60 metres out from a few steps is one of the reasons I think he won't suffer as much as some people believe due to the loss of Tippett. He doesn't need to stay in the forward 50 to be involved, an excellent kick (Check out something like this to see how accurate he can be http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZvCT_T59O0&t=… and has a good pair of hands on him, too.

With that being said, I'd agree that Sheenan(sp?) putting him at #9 is an overestimation on his part. He's the 2nd best forward in the game, only currently listed player to kick more goals at 64 games is Lance Franklin (Franklin had 167, Tex has 153). Easy fit in the 25-20 range, but can't add him as a top 10 guy yet.

Philby · 12/03/2013 at 02:24

Great pod cast again guys, this seasons structures are starting to take shape, mids lots of rookie options so the variety of structures there are interesting IMHO 5 rookies is the go that's where the money is. The ruck forward structure is where I think the difference will be made with the amount of good rookie rucks available and the lack of forward rookies makes it interesting. Currie has come out very much like the Zachary Smith of 2011 and the Giles of 2012, and I think Rowe is better than the 2012 options of Redden and Big O so a 1 & 3 option is very viable with maybe a Witts etc as you third rookie ruck. The best thing about 2013 are forward ruck gun options that we have and I think Higgo in his genius is right on the money and can not be ignored with 2 of Cox,Ryder or Roughy in your forward line you will always be asured your ruck is covered and the money saved you can fill you starting forward line with player you know will be out on the park every week but of course you guys already know this being the experts you are but I just get so excited at this time of year that I can't stop talking about it and my family just don't understand, thank you guys.

Lar · 12/03/2013 at 07:19

I am a Roos fan and I do not see Currie bring selected before Goldsteinby round one. You’ll be praying for Goldy to be injured if u lock Currie at R2, silly choice

Philby · 12/03/2013 at 09:24

I think if he plays he will potentially score better than the rookie forwards that are available and if he doesn't play I will just swing one of the two gun ruck/forwards I have in my forward line to replace him or use Rowe if he is playing.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 04:16

I've created another Jock Reynolds Community public league. Anyone here is welcome to join.

Code is 753633.

EDIT – League now has 18 teams so is closed. Thanks to all who joined.

chandanrajdb · 12/03/2013 at 10:33

Hi Guys,

Any thoughts or feed back on the below team would be highly appreciated…

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Hartlett, Vlastuin, Goodes, (Terlich, Stevenson)

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Dangerfield, Mundy, D Martin, Stevens, Wines, O'Meara (K Mitchell, Crouch)

Ruck: Leuenberger, Currie (Rowe, Witts)

Fwd: Cox, Roughead, Chapman, Rockliff, LeCras, Varcoe, (Macaffer, Lee)

Remaining salary cap is $15,200….

Thank for your comments / feed back / help……

Raj….

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 11:00

Love the team. I’d get rid of Martin for Moloney.

Not sold on the Frenchman or Varcoe or Macaffer.

I like your rucks in Cox and Roughy. Unsure about Leuy though

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 10:20

Yes Dusty looks out of place in the midfield structure. Perhaps consider moving him into the forward line at maybe the expense of Chappy who turns 32 this year. Then you could get another specialist mid price or premium guy into your middle.

chandanrajdb · 12/03/2013 at 11:43

Thanks for your comment above mate….

Made couple of changes…

In: Karnezis, T Armstrong (Syd – Def)
      Out: LeCras, Vlastuin

Raj

Jay · 12/03/2013 at 11:02

Rucks are the only weak spot in the side. Although over the ground you have the scorin ncovered. Not too much room to sell cows an upgrade rookies

podsi · 12/03/2013 at 17:29

Great work on picking Chappy instead of Zorko!!

chandanrajdb · 13/03/2013 at 08:15

still a question mark on couple of guys i have picked in my team above mate….

1. Heppell Vs Hartlett – Heppell was good against GWS whereas hartlett was really good against WCE (who are one of the Favourites to win this years premiership)….and agian need to consider that hartlett is injury prone…..not sure…..

2. Chapman VS Zorko – Chapman had a very good pre-season and he is looking really good in the NAB cup, and in one of his article in afl.com i read he has mentioned that he had one of the best pre-season for nearly 2 to 3 years…..ZORKO 2nd year player can he do the same thing what he did last year…..not so sure!!!……..

Guys any thoughts would be much appreciated…..

dools · 13/03/2013 at 20:46

chappy has injury, Not clear on how long but inklings from Sleepy Hollow are miss 1 – 2 weeks…Zorko the Magnificent Ihighly rate but as a second year player I feel likey to let you down SC points wise teams have weighed and measured him…Not for me
        Hepple is a tag target, gamble ….Hartlett is just an injury gamble Naw mate from me

chandanrajdb · 13/03/2013 at 21:18

Thanks dools for your comment above mate…….

I have revised the team as below…….

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes, (Terlich, Stevenson)

Mid: Ablett, Pendles, Dangerfield, H Bannell, N Fyfe, Stevens, O'Meara, K Mitchell (Crouch, Viney)

Ruck: Mumford, Currie (Rowe, Witts)

Fwd: Cox, Roughead, Rockliff, D Martin, J Kennedy, Karnezis, (Macaffer, Lee)

Remaining salary cap is $600….

Raj….

Jay · 12/03/2013 at 11:08

Hey guys. Great podcast once again. Would love some thoughts on my side though 🙂 I thinks it's coming along we'll with a few more changes this week.

Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Hartlett, vlaustin, goodes, terlich (coloqun,docherty)
Mid: Albert, swan, danger, cotch, Murphy, Stevens, mitchell, omeara (viney, crouch)
Ruck: Jacobs, leunberger, (currie, Rowe)
FWd: cox, rocky, Martin, watts, varcoe, mcaffer (kerridge, paparone)

Thoughts?

Cold Ass Honky · 12/03/2013 at 11:54

Solid. Would downgrade Murphy though – Bennell, Fyfe, Mundy, Shuey all decent options. Spend the cash elsewhere, Leuenberger and Varcoe are potential burn men. Wouldn't put my eggs in the Burger basket – my opinion though. Although many people are souring on him

mathew · 12/03/2013 at 11:35

ok so i want a prem from the pies. most have gone with pendles, swan. is beams a better option than both? i dont c beams getting rested as they will rest both swan or pendles. beams payed all 22 and had an amazing output.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 12:05

He's really flying under the radar isn't he even though he scored the 4th highest average last season and only 23 years old and likely to keep improving. Should score well again this season with all the attention Swan and Pendles get.

I guess Swan and Pendles have delivered elite output for longer so are regarded as safer bets for all that money.

Not sure I've seen a single team with him in there so would be a massive POD.

Cold Ass Honky · 12/03/2013 at 11:50

Need to pick one of these pairs:
-Watson or JPK
– Duffield or Hartlett
– Fyfe or Mundy.

Only combination that doesn't work cap wise is Watson, Duffield, Fyfe. Although space could be made.. thoughts?

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 12:53

JPK, duff man, Fyfe. Will ave over 320

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 18:20

Agree with Carl, CAH.

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 11:55

What say you with the team below!

Gentlemen, a great podcast!!

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlaustin, B Goodes, (Terlich, Stevensen)
M: Swan, Pendles, Dangerfield, Shuey, K Stevens, K Mitchell, Crouch (Viney, O’Meara)
R: S Jacobs, D Currie (S Rowe, J Witts)
F: Cox, Stevie J, Zorko, Rockliff, DeBoer, JJ Kennedy (Lee, B Kennedy)

Thanks
JJFYZZ

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 12:12

Its not a full team

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 12:29

Whoops, I must have been drinking. I missed Wines in the midfield

B: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlaustin, B Goodes, (Terlich, Stevensen)
      M: Swan, Pendles, Dangerfield, Shuey, K Stevens, O Wines, K Mitchell, Crouch (Viney, O’Meara)
      R: S Jacobs, D Currie (S Rowe, J Witts)
      F: Cox, Stevie J, Zorko, Rockliff, DeBoer, JJ Kennedy (Lee, B Kennedy)

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 12:56

No GAJ your crazy!!

Not convinced on Rowe.. Surely he is behind Kruezer, Hampson, and probably Warnock too. And if he’s played fwd he’ll be behind Waite when he plays as well as Walker and Casboult.

JS an issue??

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 12:58

Lee will play 4-8 games max. He’s shown this preseason he will ave around 60 at best too. Not worth it imo

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 13:26

Any other Fwd rookies then?

Kerridge, Neade??

Bomber Stef · 12/03/2013 at 15:37

Looks good JJFyzz.

No Ablett though?

I think the gamble will pay off with Currie as a starting Ruckman.

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 12:54

Strong team that should score very well.

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 13:02

Thanks Eagle and Carl.

Still thinking about swapping Swan/ Shuey out for Ablett/Mundy.

Stevie J could go and bring in Tex Walker. Adelaide have a great home draw to start.

BPP · 12/03/2013 at 12:58

At the moment I'm going with kreuzer and bellchambers. I can't bring myself to trust Leuenberger at this stage. In doing that, I sacrifice money, obviously, and I end up with Sam Mitchell and Zorko as M4 and M5, and Matty Wright as F3.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes ( Stevenson, Terlich)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, JPK, S.Mitchell, Zorko, K.Stevens, K.Mitchell, Crouch (O'Meara, Viney)

RUC: Kreuzer, Bellchambers (Currie, Rowe)

FWD: Cox, Rockliff, Wright, Varcoe, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade, Lamb)

Say whatever you want.

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 13:18

Backs look good

Mids good although not sold on Mitchell. See Thompson, Pridis, Shuey, Mundy, Fyfe or Barlow as being better options

I got burnt last year with Kreuzer. Don't rate him. Bellchambers could a good POD or a failure.

Like Wright. Not sure if Macaffer will get game time

Bomber Stef · 12/03/2013 at 15:36

Better options than McCaffer as a rookie forward. His JS is a risk.

Agree with JJFyzz – better ruck options than Kreuzer. Bellchambers could be a hit or miss. Consider Ryder and Luenbeurglarrr.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 18:21

Agree with the others on Kreuuuu. I had him in my team last year and got screwed mid season when Rats played him almost exclusively forward which meant terrible scores. He was played in the ruck more towards the end of the season and his fantasy scoring improved but "once burnt twice shy" I think the saying goes. 🙂

Zorko is probably better placed in your forward line if you can wrangle it.

Seany M · 12/03/2013 at 13:23

Is Koby Stevens a better pick up then Wines? Also, already got GAJ and Swan in my mids, gonna pick two more out of Pendles, Danger and Cotchin and cant decide which two!! Any suggestions?

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 15:25

Stevens over Wines any day and Pendles and Danger

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 18:21

Stevens has the advantage of having 4 years in an AFL system, so you'd expect that he'd be better suited to putting up more consistent scores for the year than Wines. I've got both in my side at the moment.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 18:27

Yes agree with everyone about Stevens. Has a mature body that can better withstand the rigours of a long season. Ollie Wines has a heck of a lot of upside too so both are in my team.

Ben · 12/03/2013 at 18:29

wines over stevens
    Stevens couldn't get a game at the Eagles
    Wines big bodied player exactly what Port needed will fit in well
    is cheaper with beater job security

johnny · 12/03/2013 at 13:27

feedback please

def: goodard, gibbs, duffield, broughton, goodes, terlich (docherty, colquhoun)

mid: ablett, pendles, watson, selwood, shuey, crouch, o'meare, viney (mitchell, stevens)

Ruck: ryder, leuenberger (rowe, currie)

fwd: cox, zorko, rockliff, varcoe, byrnes, macaffer (lee, kerridge)

Bank: 59 500

BPP · 12/03/2013 at 14:15

Want to get Vlastuin in instead of one of your low end def rookies?

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 14:54

Can Brought, get Vlaustin and then take the extra cash to up grade on or 2 of the mid price forwards

johnny · 12/03/2013 at 15:32

swapped vlaustin for broughton

then swapped bynes for bartel?

Bomber Stef · 12/03/2013 at 15:32

What is the JS on Vlaustin?

JJFyzz · 12/03/2013 at 13:53

Pendles and Danger for mine

Jaybee23 · 12/03/2013 at 14:48

Thoughts on this team
Def- b.goddard b.gibbs b.houli s.atley b.goodes d.terlich (n.vlastuin d.van unen)
Mids- D.beams t.cotchin s.mitchell j.watson d.mundy b crouch j.omeara o.wines (l Whitfield k Mitchell
Rucks- s.jacobs m.leunberger (s.rowe d.currie)
Forwards- t.rockliff d.martin p.chapman j.watts t.varcoe p.karnezis (b mccafer m.spanger)
Still 50,000 in the kitty also best option for captain

Bomber Stef · 12/03/2013 at 15:33

Ablett is a must – possibly for Mitchell?

Good pick on Mundy!!

Better rookies available with safer JS than McCaffer.

Jaybee23 · 12/03/2013 at 16:21

To get Ablett I’d need to find another 100k so would take a bit of downgrading and not to sure where’d I’d wanna do that any ideas?
      Mundy was a lock for me at that price I think he will hav a massive year

Jaybee23 · 12/03/2013 at 17:13

Swapped Watson for montagna been in good for and stk have a fairly easy start to the season hoping I can pick up a bit and swapped Mitchell for Ablett thoughts

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 15:06

Real keen on Newman this year and looking for a way to get him in

DEF: Shaw, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes (Colquhon, Terlich)

Anyone I could get rid of for him? Thinking of dumping Shaw and Siposs for Newman and Jack Darling?

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 17:32

Swap for Heppel. Will ave more than him

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 18:42

Yeah tough one Shimma. I really rate Newey too with his new role on the wing but I just can't fit him in either as 5 premium quality defenders would just be too much money invested there.

Although I'm not a Siposs fan I'm not sure what you will gain with Darling over Siposs will offset the difference that Shaw is likely to average over Newey.

I actually like your backline as it is.

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 18:54

Yeah Im pretty happy with it anyway so I'll probably keep it. Just cant have everyone you'd like I guess.

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 18:59

Actually after doing some fiddling do you reckon I should go Zorks and Newman over LeCras and Shaw?

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 19:31

Although I'm a believer in Lecras this season and have in my team I reckon Zorko/Newey is the lower risk combo.

Besides you just have to get Zorko into your team somehow imho.

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 19:43

alright cheers for the help, Im going Zorko/Newman

D MAN · 12/03/2013 at 15:09

Hi guys,
Take a look at my team and let me know what you think.
I am not settled on the rookies as yet but the rest of the team im pretty happy with.
DEF:
Goddard Gibbs Heppell Atley Vlastuin Goodes Pittard Terlich
MID:
Ablett Pendlebury Cotchin Bennell Shuey OMeara Crouch K.Mitchell Wines Neade
RUCK:
Z.Smith Leuenberger Currie Rowe
FWD:
Cox Zorko Rockliff Johnson Varcoe Karnezis McAffer Lee

Bomber Stef · 12/03/2013 at 15:35

Looks good … few considerations for you:

1. Swan for Pendles
    2. Better valued mids than Bennell and Shuey
    3. Better rookie options than McAffer.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 18:51

Looks a very decent team to me DMan.

I'm not a huge believer in Atley and would suggest you try to stretch to either Newman or Harbrow for the extra $30K if you can. But maybe Atley will prove me wrong.

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 15:30

Which combo: Newman, Zorko, Siposs (only 20k in bank though)
OR Shaw, Siposs, LeCras
OR Newman, Darling, LeCras

Cheers

Mac · 12/03/2013 at 21:05

Newman, Zorko, Siposs wins it for me – the others are a bit too risky and I don't really see Lecras getting past the $400,000 mark.

Shimma · 13/03/2013 at 19:17

yeah cheers, they're who i was leaning towards

Goncalo · 12/03/2013 at 15:32

What do people think of my team?

DEF: Dempster, R.Murphy, Fletcher, Duigan, Johannisen, Bootsma, (Frost, Oxley)

MID: Tuck, Mclean, Lewis, Masten, Prestia, Rischitelli, Seedsman, Tutt, (Schroder, Buckley)

RUC: Hale, Jamar (Hannath, Dowdell)

FWD: Harvey, Ballantyne, Bird, Jetta, Vickery, Hoskin-Elliot (McBean, Taberner)

I'm really confident with my team. Have got a good mix and have a few players that will be my POD. What does the community think?

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 15:32

Oh mate, the 50k is yours in the bag……..

Steve · 12/03/2013 at 16:28

How much cash remaining?

dan · 12/03/2013 at 17:01

yep a few POD's there for sure 🙂

Russ · 12/03/2013 at 20:16

Did you go for one of those random choice picks mate?..lol

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 20:35

Yeah didn't know you could buy slikpik Supercoach teams. 🙂

PortJared04 · 12/03/2013 at 20:41

Chuck the big C on Vickery?

Spifflicator · 15/03/2013 at 12:38

Awesome. POTY

Adam · 12/03/2013 at 15:35

DEF: H Shaw, Gibbs, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes, Colquhoun (Terlich, Docherty)
MID: Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Deledio, Wines, K Mitchell, B Crouch (O'Meara, Viney)
RUC: Jacobs, Currie (Witts, Rowe)
FWD: Cox, Walker, Zorko, Rockliff, Karnezis, Macaffer (Lee, Neade)

$194,300 left

Smittzzy · 14/03/2013 at 00:58

Looks good to me mate possibly give big luenberger a run over witts if you can afford it.

Damo · 12/03/2013 at 15:37

Thoughts on the team
Backs- Gibbs, waters, watts, baguley, goods, docherty( terlich,l Stevenson )
Mids- ablett, pendlebury, cotchin, Goddard, Barlow, k stevens,b crouch,K mitchell,
(viney,O’meara)
Rucks- mumford, leuenberger,( currie, rowe)
Forwards-Franklin,cox, pavlich, Martin, j kennedy, karnezis( b staker, mcaffer)
Feedback please

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 16:42

Goddard in the MID is a really bad idea…

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 17:56

You may want to consider alternatives to the Big Mummy. He's missed quite a few games in recent years through injury and suspension.

Leuey is also looking a little questionable atm with achilles tendinitis so you may need to re-assess your starting rucks.

I like your forward line btw.

Damo · 12/03/2013 at 15:40

And 80k left

simmo3 · 12/03/2013 at 15:57

hey legends what are your thoughts on this team??

goddard gibbs heppell goodes Stevenson docerty (terlich Colquhoun)

ablett swan kennedy Dangerfield moloney stevens wines crouch (Mitchell omeara)

cox currie (rowe witts)

franklin roughead zorko rockliff cloke varcoe (maccaffer paparone)

if currie doesn't play rnd 1 can move roughead to the ruck and play one of maccaffer or paparone on the ground.

would love some feedback.. thanks

banz · 12/03/2013 at 16:44

and if currie does not play round 2, 3…

I dont think caffer and paparone will be on the field at all early.
Not having a shot mate, I wish they were, I would be on them
in a flash.

were you going to use the captain loophole through the ruck?
could get tricky seeing the hawks are playing late in the round..
and if currie does not play.

BANZ · 12/03/2013 at 16:46

@simmo, have some good prems in there, perhaps too many
fully priced players?

I like maloney SELECTION.

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 16:49

MOLONEY*****************

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 16:50

How many rucks should there be in the FWD?
Right now I have Jacobs & Currie as my R1&R2, with Rowe and Witts, then Cox in the FWD. Is this enough, or do i need Roughy in the FWD aswell?

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 17:34

Rough will be in the top 8-10 fwds by seasons end so grab him as well as cox

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 17:50

Cox in the forward line should be enough so just pick Roughy if you really want him.

kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 16:51

My team currently reads:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell,Goodes,Vlaustin (Colquhoun, Terlich)

MID:Ablett, Pendles, Danger, Deledio, Shuey, Mundy, Mitchell, O'meara (Crouch, Viney)

RUC: Jacobs, Currie (Rowe, Witts)

FWD: Roughead, Rockliff, Stevie J, Karnezis, Mayes, Macaffer (Kerridge, Neade)

Would appreciate anyones opinion! cheers

BANZ · 12/03/2013 at 16:54

Will Mayes Caffer, Kerridge and Neade be playing round 1? Stevie J is out, if currie rowe/witts miss as well I see 3 or 4 donuts.

Like ya mids, maybe too many dollars in there?

kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 17:00

as you can see mate im not settled on the rookies and probably wont go with them in round 1, stevie j out doesn't worry me as i'm only going for a league win. Believe he can average 105+ this year

BANZ · 12/03/2013 at 17:04

Yer I like SJ as well, good pick there.

Problem is kodesz I dont see a hell of a of forward rookies
        starting, which may mean you have to spend more in the
        forwards. Tuff year mate.

kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 17:06

very true mate, may have to load up with mid pricers in the fwd line instead

BANZ · 12/03/2013 at 17:09

mate I wish there we 2 damn forward rookies…just 2…maybe Neade..

Smittzzy · 14/03/2013 at 01:02

Macaffer and Neade should play round 1.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 20:04

Nice team. Only vulnerability is in the forward line so would advise you to sacrifice one of your 6 premium mids to bolster the bottom end of your forward line.

If it's any consolation I only have 3 premium mids so you will still have 2 more premium mids than me and a better forward line than what you currently have.

PortJared04 · 12/03/2013 at 16:52

Moloney + Fyfe ? (200k in the bank)
Or
Watson + Viney? (418k in the bank)
Or
Watson + Moloney (50k in the bank)

The second option would leave me with solely a guns + rooks midfield.

Boysinblue123 · 12/03/2013 at 16:57

watson and viney 100% mate!
    fyfe and moloney = 2 midpricers, which is always a risky move.
    saying that it could pay off but fyfes injury proneness and with moloney still settling in to a new team makes to be too risky when compared to a proven supercoach champion and former brownlow medallist and one of the best rookie midfielders of 2013

Shimma · 12/03/2013 at 17:07

Moloney + Fyfe

Boysinblue123 · 12/03/2013 at 17:06

hey guys,
polishing up on the team now, thoughts and feedback would be appreciated please!!

DEF: waters, gibbs, birchall, heppell, vlastuin, goodes (terlich, colquhon)

MID: ablett, pendlebury, kennedy, deledio, dangerfield, k.stevens, viney, k.mitchell (o'meara, crouch)

RUC: jacobs, leuey (currie, rowe)

FOR: roughy, cox, rockliff, varcoe, daniher, macaffer (lee, kerridge)

feedback would be great thanks lads!

Chenzz · 12/03/2013 at 17:25

daniher wont play much will be eased into the game

kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 17:28

like deledio in the mids, leuenberger in doubt for round 1 maybe consider chaning him. Otherwise like it, well done.

Boysinblue123 · 12/03/2013 at 17:39

yeah leuey worries me a little, but will wait for the diagnosis on how bad it is.

changed daniher to zorko, kennedy to shuey, and heppel to stevenson

agree with the comment on daniher chenzz

Campbo · 12/03/2013 at 17:20

Goddard, Gibbs, birchall, Duffield, vlastuin, goodes, (terlich, colquhuon)

Ablett, pendles, Kennedy, Mundy, k Stevens, wines, k Mitchell, jagerbomb, (viney, crouch)

Jacobs, Curry, (Rowe, Witts)

Franklin, cox, zorko, Rockliff, Johnson, Macaffer, (Kerridge, Lee)

Any thoughts lads? Cheers

Chenzz · 12/03/2013 at 17:24

hey guys, loving the work that's being produced on here! just wondering what you all think about my team, feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Defs – goddard, gibbs, heppel, broughton, goodes, terlich (stevenson, vlaustin)

Mids – pendles, cotchin, boyd, shuey, benell, whitfield, o'meara, k.mitchell (viney, crouch)

Rucks – jacobs, currie (rowe, witts)

Forwards – bartel, rockliff, johnson, wright, watts, varcoe (neade, lee)

Thanks guys!!!

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 17:41

Solid team in general. Personally I would swap out Broughton for Duffield or Newman, Boyd out for anybody (won’t be top 10 mids by end of season), Whitfield will prob be managed by GWS so looking at 12-15 games for the year. If that’s enough games for you then keep him. Love Johnson in your fwd line wish I could fit him in somewhere he’ll ave 105+ I reckon. Would swap Lee for Macaffer, Kennedy (Coll), or another rookie.

Ben · 12/03/2013 at 17:45

Who would you guys prefer
Deliedo or Cotchin?

PortJared04 · 12/03/2013 at 17:50

Cotch for me, however Deledio will still be as consistent as ever and be a fair POD.
    Both guns

Ben · 12/03/2013 at 17:53

I can't seem both of them fitting into my team unless I get rid of Danger. Really tough to say! Thanks anyways.

PortJared04 · 12/03/2013 at 18:16

Danger > Cotch & Delids

kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 19:04

I've got deledio selected ahead of cotchin just as a POD, as im expecting most people in my leagues to have cotchin. Reckon they will both provide consistent premium output so i guess you cant lose.

Ben · 12/03/2013 at 21:27

I can still fit in both of them but I'm leaving Shuey out. What's the best thing I should?

PortJared04 · 12/03/2013 at 17:45

Okay top 3 FWD Rookies this year anyone? Need a couple for my FWD line.

kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 18:55

Mayes, Neade, Kerridge probably in that order. Really nothing much to pick from this year

Mac · 12/03/2013 at 21:33

I'd probably have to say Macaffer, Neade, Lee? Probably won't average to much but I reckon they'll get the most games.

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 21:43

Lee will play 4-8 games max

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 17:50

How am I doing community? Feel free to post whatever thoughts you have.
Def: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Newman, Goodes, Vluastin (Terlich, Colquhoun)
Mid: GAJ, Swan, JPK, Danger, Fyfe, Stevens, Wines, Crouch (O’meara, Kommer)
Ruck: Roughhead, Currie (Sinclair for DPP, Moller for captains loophole/cheap)
Fwd: Cox, Ryder, Rocky, Martin, Karnezis, Macaffer (Kerridge, Kennedy)

Would love to fit Stevie J in there somewhere but don’t want to trade my current FWD premiums as I reckon they’re all set for 100+ years.

Smithayy · 12/03/2013 at 17:53

Any thoughs or changes i could make?

BACK : Gibbs, Heppell, Hartlett, Houli, Russel J, Goodes B, (Docherty S, Colquhoun)

Mid : Waston, Cotchin, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boak, Monfries, Mitchell K, O'Meara, (Crouch, Neade)

Ruc : Jacobs, Leuenberger, (Rowe, Currie)

Fow : Bartel, Zorko, Rockliff, Kennedy, Karnezis, Varcoe, (Kerridge, Paparone)

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 17:57

Swap Monfries/Boak for Premium/ Rookie.
    Not sure how much cash those 2 add up to but it should work.
    Ideally Swan, Danger or GAJ if you have enough $$.

PortJared04 · 12/03/2013 at 17:57

Solid team with some differences to most which I like, Gus Monfries was a lock for me but slightly injured his hammy a few weeks ago, see if named round 1.
    Like Boak.

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 17:54

Only 5k left btw – not ideal. That might get solved on the day before rd1 ‘rookie shuffle’

Hoping I don’t draft this years ‘Relton Roberts’ lol. That guy killed me

Ally · 12/03/2013 at 17:57

Hey guys any feedback would be appreciated
Backs Goddard shaw Gibbs birchill Duffy goodes pittard terlich
Mids ablett swan cotchin Kennedy omera Stevens valastin Mitchell kerrige viney
Rucks roughhead luenberger curry mcbean
Forward cox bartell varcoe rockliff macaffer Mayes Rowe Simpson

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 18:05

See the article one of the boys did on Bartel. Maybe in for a decline this year

Ally · 12/03/2013 at 18:19

What about chappy or Steve j ?

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 18:35

Stevie J will ave 100-105+ and Chappy prob 95+. Bartel 85-90. Zorko 100.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 19:54

Yes I'd pick Stevie J rather than Bartel or Chappy. He's expected to spend much of his time in the midfield this season which should result in better fantasy scores than when he played mainly forward in years past.

Smithayy · 12/03/2013 at 18:06

Does anyone know any good rookies about three in each besides ruck?

Mac · 12/03/2013 at 21:39

Def – Goodes, Terlich, Stevenson, Pittard, Docherty, Van Unen, Vlastuin
    Mid – O'Meara, Mitchell, Viney, Crouch, Wines, Stevens, Lonergan
    Fwd – Macaffer, Neade, Lee, Paparone, Mayes

I gave more than three because they won't all be named rnd 1.

Ally · 12/03/2013 at 18:17

What's everyone's opinion on Steve j or chappy ?

kodesz · 12/03/2013 at 19:02

like Stevie J, reckon he'll have a good year. Chappy too old for mine

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 19:56

Couldn't agree more.

Ben · 12/03/2013 at 18:24

Hey would appreciate anyone to rate it

DEF; Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Rusell, Goodes (Coloquohoun, Terlich)

MID: Pendulbury, Cotchin, Watson, Shuey, Moloney, Wines, Crouch, Omeara
(Viney, Mitchell)

RUCK: Jacobs, Leunberger (Currie, Witts

FORW: Franklin, Rockliff, Cox, Broughton, Varcoe, Macaffer (Dwyer, Kerridge

Eagle · 12/03/2013 at 18:47

No Ablett rookie mistake.

Ben · 13/03/2013 at 16:25

i'm waiting for gaz to drop in price he want stay up there

jimbotraralgon · 12/03/2013 at 19:28

hey Ben.

Not bad just the Russell selection worries.

Don't worry about Gaza. Someone got to do something different. If it fails so be it.

Saying that, if I was to not pick one of the number 1 players, it wouldn't be Gaza, maybe buddy or Goddard.

Didn't really help did I?

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 19:48

Yes good to see not everyone is going with an Ablett cookie cutter team.

As has been mentioned a few times already Leuey is looking very iffy for Rd 1 after re-aggravating his achilles tendon.

In fact I've pretty much ruled him out of my team even if he is named for Rd 1 as achilles injuries are very tough to overcome and have a high rate of recurrence.

Ben · 13/03/2013 at 16:24

thanks ill get rid of him any suggestions

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 18:32

Awesome work guys, great to hear you've got the #1 podcast on iTunes, fantastic news!

I was surprised to hear you say that Josh P Kennedy would be a unique pick in the mids. This'll be my 3rd year running he's been in my side, I think he's going to be a lock for the next 5 years the way he's going. Picked him ahead of Danger, who I think may struggle a bit as he becomes a focus of the opposition. If you can shut down guys like Danger and Scott Thompson, you shut down their contested ball winning, Crows will lose nearly every time.

I've been scared off by Luey bigtime at the moment, I liked the suggestion of going in with Currie as an R2, but having Cox in my FWD line as a backup. Looks very appealing to me at the moment. Rucks are crazy this year, went in with "Goldstein and Luey, set and forget" mentality and now Luey's looking doubtful for being fit for round 1 and Goldstein looks like he's been overtaken by Currie. I was thinking of selecting a slightly above rookie pricer like Daniel Gorringe, who should be getting some games again this year.

My biggest problem this year is my forward line. Without those MID/FWD swings of last year (Beams, Danger, Sidebum), it's all just looking very unappealing to me. Stevie J is out, Tex has become a mid-year evaluation, Franklin same. Only locks up front are Cox and Zorko at the moment.

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 19:01

So are you suggesting to go with Kennedy over Dangerfield?

jimbotraralgon · 12/03/2013 at 19:10

Hey mrb.

Normally agree with you but not on the dangermouse. Could be number 2 behind the Gaza the wizard by year end.

Agree with the Berger food poisoning. Like the currie at r2 but I just can't find two more Ruck rookies to put on the bench.

I also hate the forward line this year. 😉

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 20:55

Could be Jimbo, but i'll leave the Raging Bull as an upgrade target for now. I still love Dangerfields game, just seems to present a big injury risk with his bash and crash style of play, especially as he begins to be targeted more by the opposition, which is what has left me slightly cold on him from a supercoach perspective.

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 19:16

The forward line and ruck dept has caused everyone headaches this year. Think I've settled on Jacobs and Currie in the ruck with Cox in the forward line and will only bring Leuey in if he gets through two full games and his price is set to sky rocket. Two very big ifs there.

JPK would definitely be in my top 5 mids but I can only fit in 3 elite mids so he'll probably miss out on a starting point in my team.

@MRB37 · 12/03/2013 at 20:58

Big Ivan and Giles for my rucks at the moment and Cox up forward. Good thinking with Luey, not fit for round 1, doesn't mean you have to forget about him completely.

Podsi · 12/03/2013 at 18:34

Luey not playing in the final this Friday – soreness. PLAN B

jimbotraralgon · 12/03/2013 at 19:04

berger gone, welcome roughly. Berger burned me last year, not this time.

Podsi · 12/03/2013 at 19:23

Any way to free up some $$$ in the ruck now Leuy is doubgtful for RD1/2/3…

Podsi · 12/03/2013 at 19:22

here's a link for you to follow

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 00:43

AAARRRGGGHHHH
    Have had to move Cox into Ruck with Jacobs :o(
    mmmmmmmmm oh that seems to work if I drop those 2
    and pick up those 2
    OMG 50 K coming my way!!!!!!!!

Herb Superb · 12/03/2013 at 18:40

Great Podcast gents, had a laugh and gained some valuable information,sured up what info I have determined over the past month or so.
Will go away and conduct an appreciation of your information. Think I can select a couple of players with confidence that most are not selecting.

jimbotraralgon · 12/03/2013 at 19:01

Have to say. Love and hate the podcast. Love the sheer magnificance of the information. Hate that I change my side 3 times after a podcast. Moved away from the outright GnR strategy to the higgo break out strategy.

Figure you need to get break out players to win the cash. The more the better. If it goes belly up well so be it.

Got to be in it to win it. Gone are swan and cotchin. Welcome shuey, mundy and fyfe. Bye buddy, welcome zorko. Bye Shaw, welcome watts.

If the Breakout doesn't happen so be it, the winner isn't going to have a cookie cutter team yeah?

Cheers

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 19:08

You're a braver man than me! I will just be satisfied with league wins and bragging rights in the office.

But yes you will need several PODs and a sh!%load of luck if you want to have a genuine shot at the $50K.

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 19:10

Really need help with my team community:
I really want to somehow fit Moloney into my midfield as my M6. What can I change to make that happen, or is it better the way it is:

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes, (Terlich, Colquhoun)

MID: Ablett, Pendles, Dangerfield, Swallow, Bennell, Stevens, K.Mitchell, O'meara (Couch, Viney)

RUC: Jacobs, Currie (Rowe, Daw)

FWD: Cox, Roughy, Rockliff, Martin, Varcoe, Macaffer (Kerridge, Neade)

only $28k in the bank :/ how can i make this miracle happen?

PortJared04 · 12/03/2013 at 19:16

Matthew Wright or Jack Watts or Mark LeCras? (Or anyone else you think that is lower than $475k)
FWD line as it stands

Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Broughton (who I think I'll trade out for one of those two^), Varcoe, Karnezis (Kerridge, Macaffer)

Adam · 12/03/2013 at 19:23

Can't decide
K Stevens or O Wines??

Adam · 12/03/2013 at 19:25

Actually
    Stevie J and Stevens
    or
    Harley Bennell and Wines

SCaddict · 12/03/2013 at 19:38

b) only because I don't like the idea of Stevie J in the middle. Better placed in your forward line if you really want him.

Btw Wines and Stevens are very tough to split but I'd lean slightly Koby's way.

Podsi · 12/03/2013 at 19:24

So much more to debate on: D.Martin or Zorko?? Fyfe or Selwoord?? Pav or Steve J???

jockreynolds · 12/03/2013 at 20:22

For what it's worth – the Father of Fantasy reckons ZORKO, SELWOOD and STEVIE J for starters

Podsi · 13/03/2013 at 15:25

Cheers Jock, with burger most likely missing 1st rd and or 2, 3.. would you think it better to have currie move in R2 and keep Burger as a POD on the bench or do I trade up Burger to RYDER and re arrange my FWD line to show 3 elite 2 mid… In saying that would Stevie J still be a good pick if your going for the overall (top 1000) finish this year…

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 01:09

Any clown who puts tats on his neck has a pea brain and will fail!
    Stay clear of Martin he aint real sharp it seems.

Monty · 12/03/2013 at 19:50

Seeing a lot of cookie cutter sides show up

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 13:23

As always.

James · 12/03/2013 at 19:55

Hey folks,

Def:
Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes (Terlich, Docherty)
Mid:
Ablett, Pendles, Dangerfield, Cotchin, Deliedo, Stevens, Wines, O'Meara (Mitchell, Crouch)
Ruck: Jacobs, Currie (Witts, Rowe)
Fwd:
Cox, Roughead, Rockliff, Lecras, Mayes, Macaffer (Neade, Lee)

Bank: 37,700.

Any thoughts anyone?

I just want to ask all of you what you think of Macaffer and Lee? Not sure about them two yet.

Bomber attack · 12/03/2013 at 21:09

Great pod cast fellas. Made me change my team once again:/ but I think I’ve come up with a fairly balanced team. Still not happy with my forward line. Would it be wise to fit in Stevie j in there? Any comment or feed back would be greatly appreciated:)

Here’s my team as it stands

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffy, hepps, goodes, colquon ( docherty, terlich)

Mids: yablett, swan, pendles, kennedy, cotchin, wines, crouch, jager bomb (mitchell, viney)

Rucks: saucy, currie ( witts, Rowe )

Forwards: coxy, roughy, rocky, dusty, mc caffer, kerridge ( b. kennedy,j neade)

SCaddict · 13/03/2013 at 02:11

Very respectable selections BA across your backs, mids and rucks.

But like many teams here reckon you're a tad vulnerable at the bottom end of your forward line.

I will be interested to see the mad scramble around here if Macaffer isn't named at Rd 1 or gets the green vest. For I've noticed many have him as their F5 or F6 with no one on their bench likely to cover him or anyone else missing from their forward line.

Still I suppose if everyone else has those donuts too then it all cancels out but I'm structuring my forward line to greatly reduce the likelihood of donuts appearing in my forward or ruck depts.

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 21:39

Ablett and Martin +$5k

Vs

Pendlebury and Stevie J +$35k

Thoughts??

Bomber attack · 12/03/2013 at 21:43

Abletts + Martin is worth the extra 20k

top hawk · 12/03/2013 at 21:47

I am not gonna give you my side for judgement. Why would I, I am happy to read your proposed teams and use your brainpower to my advantage….but if u wanna win this thing, you have to be strategic and not "put it all out there" !! Bring it on I say!

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 00:40

Yup, why give up the team you think will win it for you!

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 00:40

I have no hawks in my team!!!

SCaddict · 13/03/2013 at 02:30

Don't reckon that's a particularly helpful attitude myself. Perhaps Jock shouldn't post his cheat sheets then or maybe the guys should keep their thoughts to themselves and cancel their weekly podcast. In fact let's just scrap the comments section altogether…bugger it…the whole website whilst we are at it!

Nah it's all about information sharing I say. There needs to be some balance of give and not just all take. Perhaps you're just worried about your team being dissected by others?? Most of us here are playing this for fun not sheepstations.

Podsi · 13/03/2013 at 15:28

1st initial team is all for sharing, its the smart trading during the year that will get you over the line any how…

dools · 12/03/2013 at 21:59

I had an epiphany last nite …New Pope and all.
why is everyone so gung ho for lock fwds? They are the inconsistant part of the team even when you pick well..given the lack of quality Mid/Fwds and Back mids and same old same old Rucs I have gone with something totally against Last Year
Back line locks…Duffman(Oh Ya!) P. Hanley (Go you good thang)
Hurn ( will play in Mid and Fwd Line) Gibbs (So far so good) Goodes Pittard ( dropped the double barrel name CanPLAY) Stevenson and Terlich.
Mids GAJ, Pendles, Beams, Kennedy, Dangermouse, Jack, Mitchell,Jager,Crouch (May drop Danger to Tadahh! Sidebum same deal as last year Ball Gone who stood up Sidebum did. Or beams young brothr Clay Watch Nab Final
Rucs ever changing fluid stuff Cox, Vardy, Rowe, Currie
Very lite up front
But this is a winning thing Varcoe, Rocky,O'hAlphin Krakour, Patton could change ,trest rookies coin left $40K
So I made the hard choice and now I;m telling the community
Ya the team will change but I am set on a Solid B/Line this year everything Flows
Now where did I put that bottle of Shiraz?

Carl · 12/03/2013 at 22:08

Dumb idea mate, miss out on a fair few def rookies, which is the most productive position for rookies this year after mid.

You also miss out on some mid rookies which are the best for cash generation by a mile. You’ll need some $$ to upgrade a whole fwd line apart from rocky.

And you miss out on any other fwd premiums?? Too many downsides for a quality backline set up?

dools · 12/03/2013 at 22:14

Thanks Carl, But the Vino says I'm right I saw it in a stain on me Tee shirt So given the gravity of picking a new Pope I will go with I saw God LOL

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 00:39

Drools
        Totaly wrong thought process
        But hey where did you finnish last year??a

jimbotraralgon · 13/03/2013 at 23:47

Have to say that I'm not talking to my forward line either.

Don't know if I can go so many mids up forward though.
    Thinking two prmeos in zorko and rocky, Breakout in Martin and 2 mids in varcoe and karny plus the rookies of macaffer, Rowe and spangher (potential suckling replacement?)

Always listen to the vino, it knows best.it always knows best.

Cheers

CLIFFS CRUSADERS · 12/03/2013 at 22:00

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppel, vlastuin, goodies (Stevenson & pittard)

Mids:
Ablett, swan, pendles, danger, shuey, Mitchell, crouch, omeara (Stevens & viney)

Rucks:
Jacobs, currie (Rowe & daw)

Forwards:
Cox, Ryder, rockliff, Kennedy, varcoe, macaffer (Neade & Lee)

Colby · 12/03/2013 at 22:15

Is Ablett going to make you a million dollars?? Thats the question!

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 00:36

No but he will you points week in and week out as your Captain!
    Are you new to this game????

Billtang · 12/03/2013 at 22:24

Fyfe & Mundy OR Shuey & Moloney

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 22:25

Shuey and Moloney

Popey99 · 13/03/2013 at 07:41

Shuey and Moloney for me.

Tom · 12/03/2013 at 22:31

Mundy and Stevie J OR Bennell and Zorko??????

BPP · 14/03/2013 at 09:11

bennel and zorko

Smithayy · 12/03/2013 at 23:04

Any thoughs or changes i could make?

Mid : Waston, Cotchin, Pendlebury, Selwood, Boak, Monfries, Mitchell K, O'Meara, (Crouch, Rampe)

Ruc : Jacobs, Leuenberger, (Rowe, Currie)

Fow : Bartel, Zorko, Rockliff, Kennedy, Karnezis, Varcoe, (Macaffer, Paparone)

Left over 1,000

Does anyone know whether Rampe is playing or not?

Smithayy · 12/03/2013 at 23:10

Or change Boak and Monfries for Fyfe and Manger

SCaddict · 13/03/2013 at 03:04

Well Rampe's chances of game time certainly went up when Johnson blew out his ACL on the weekend.

Although I don't know what's running through Horse's mind right now I still doubt Rampe can force his way into Sydney's best 22 unless there are further injuries or players like Mattner or Smith aren't able to make it back for Rd 1 in time.

It's just so hard for a youngster to break into superpowers like the Hawks, Pies and Swans atm. Quality players like Luke Parker have been battling to shed the green vest for goodness sake!

I'm keenly following Hill from the Hawks and actually reckon he's a better chance for being named for Round 1 than Rampe after his dazzling display on the weekend, that surely even Clarko can't ignore, but we'll just have to see there won't we with all their superstars set to return also.

Although I don't have huge raps on Viney myself his job security is seemingly much better than either so perhaps consider him for similar money to Rampe.

Alternatively you could look to replace Monfries who has hammy problems right now and bring in either Koby Stevens or Ollie Wines or even both which would solve your M8 problem.

J_Miester · 12/03/2013 at 23:31

Interested in thoughts from all – I have built the below team based on:

1. Building strong back and forward lines for the year given dearth of rookie talent in either.

2. Finding strong playing rookies, mids and potential breakout premiums that will score well and create value.

3. Creating swing options that will address whether a mid, forward or R2 is MIA

I know GAJ is missing! Aim to pick him up after creating some value by Round 5-6.

Thoughts???

B: B. Goddard, B. Gibbs, P. Duffield, H. Hartlett, D. Heppell, Goodes (Terlich, Colquhoun)

M: J. Watson, P. Dangerfield, S. Johnson, N. Fyfe, B. Moloney, K. Stevens, O. Wines, K. Mitchell (J. O'meara, J. Viney)

R: M. Leuenberger, D. Currie (J. Witts, S. Rowe)

F: D. Cox, D. Zorko, J. Bartel, T. Rockliff, D. Martin, P. Karnesis (B. McCaffer, J. Neade)

Cheers.

dannyboy · 12/03/2013 at 23:39

Hey guys i need some feedback on my team

Backs- Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppel, Vlastuin, Goodes (Docherty, Terlich)
Mids- GAJ, Pendles, Delidio, Rockliff, Fyfe, Stevens, Mitchell, O'Mera, (Crouch, Viney)
Rucks- Maric, Currie (rowe, witts)
Fwds- Cox, Zorko, Martin, Broughton, Varcoe, Karnezis (Mcaffer, Lee)

unsure on martin and broughton and still dont know if i chuck moloney in somewhere
all feedback appreciated

dwaino · 12/03/2013 at 23:58

Really struggling this year. Finding it really tough to include enough reliable and genuine PODs. Without the expansion teams this year it looks like we've nearly all got the same rookies as there are only a handful we can confidently bank on getting some early game time, and then there are the standard genuine premium locks that we're all picking up. Reckon once we lock in similar rookies and premiums around the same price tags, we're stuck with only 2 or 3 different combinations of in-betweeners, hence so many teams looking the same.

DEF: Duffield, Hurn, Heppell, Houli, Atley, B. Goodes (Terlich, Vlastuin)

MID: Ablett, Pendlebury, Deledio, Shuey, Moloney, K. Stevens, Wines, O'Meara (Crouch, Colquhoun)

RUCK: Jacobs, Z. Smith (Rowe, Currie)

FWD: J. Roughead, Rockliff, D. Martin, Varcoe, Byrnes, Karnezis (Macaffer, Kerridge)

Hoping Deledio over Dangerfield, Cotchin etc will make or break some games. Have had Hurn a couple years now, since he was cheaper, and has been one of my old faithful, so hoping some of these kind of blokes will break up the standard Goddard, Gibbs, etc. Rucks got really stuffed after the news about Leuy. Had to unwillingly tweak a few positions to make room for a serviceable ruckman. Fingers crossed Currie goes alright and I can stuff off Smith for a cheapy and inject the cash somewhere else early on. I've all but given up trying to be clever up forward. As long as it ticks over points I'll be stoked I reckon. Any advice will be a ripper.

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 00:35

POD's should not be part of your team selection thinking!!???
    YOU NEED TO CHOOSE THE BEST TEAM!!!!!!
    Trading will change everything anyway. You could have 30 people with the same starting team. If it was the highest scoring starting team it will still end up that those 30 teams would be different come finals time. IMOOC
    Looks like you have enough POD to be out of the race!
    If you are just copying posted teams you have no real hope.

SCaddict · 13/03/2013 at 03:31

Don't forget what was discussed in the podcast regarding group thinking this week. Whilst it can be a little depressing seeing such similar teams there will probably be more diversity in teams in your leagues (unless they are all Jock Reynolds community members of course!) in the hundreds of thousands of fantasy entries out there.

Players like Goddard, Duffield, Gibbs, Heppell, Jacobs, Rocky, Zorko, Varcoe that get plenty of air time here (and deservedly so) may not be in every single team in your league even if they seem to be in every team here.

On the flip side for instance the No 1 pick Whitfield has barely been mentioned on this site and I can't remember seeing him in a single team here. But I can almost guarantee he will be in a few teams in your office leagues. Ditto for players like Maric, Shaw or Beams who virtually haven't been sighted here either.

I tend to subscribe to the view of the group thinking being more an advantage than a negative as most here are living and breathing fantasy football here more so than the average fantasy coach. So take advantage of the cheat sheets and popular opinions I reckon and make adjustments based on your own personal preferences.

dools · 14/03/2013 at 20:49

G'day Dwaino, Great little peice Respect…Now you are thinking like an individual and I rate this highly..Not only have you reasoned your way through all the Guff on various websites (flavour of the day stuff) but in reality you have created a very unique and SC Scoring team (Was it a Shiaz or Cab Sav?Or a tinny of VB?)
    I hope you reply as I think this is one of the best teams and logial thinking/reasoning I have witnessed to date on site… Got to say Mid is Ohum but Solid Backs Solid Rucs and GFwds and I get why U did the mids that way
    Yours in SC Individuality
    Dools

dannyboy · 13/03/2013 at 00:13

should i keep crouch and viney or upgrade one of em for wines?

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 00:28

viney for wines

SCaddict · 13/03/2013 at 02:48

Still haven't seen enough of young Viney playing against real men to be on the bandwagon just yet although I'm certainly not dismissing him.

But really liked what I've seen of Wines thus far. A tough in and under player that should produce Supercoach gold sooner rather than later.

Of course you'll have to pay the extra $60K for the privilege which will put some off but it's worth it in my humble view.

Popey99 · 13/03/2013 at 07:43

Liam · 13/03/2013 at 10:31

Thoughts on bachar houli?

Deanbartel · 13/03/2013 at 12:28

He's a lock in my backline

BPP · 14/03/2013 at 09:15

Good POD

Selwood's Slayers · 13/03/2013 at 10:44

Def: Gibbs, Hartlett, Heppell, Atley, Vlastuin, Goodes (Docherty (E), Terlich)

Mid: JPKennedy (C), Dangerfield (VC), JSelwood, Cotchin, Shuey, Fyfe, Wines, O'Meara (Crouch (E), Viney)

Ruck: Ryder, Jenkins (Witts, Currie (E))

Zorko, Bartel, Rockliff, JKennedy, Kerridge, Neade (Rowe, BKennedy (E))

Thoughts?
$71k in the bank
Should I get rid of Jenkins and put Currie on
Then get Ablett?

DoubleD · 13/03/2013 at 12:51

Yes to Jenkins/ablest move

jimbotraralgon · 13/03/2013 at 11:06

anybody thinking of holding onto berger and using currie as coverage till berger is back?

Gggg · 13/03/2013 at 12:09

JJFyzz · 13/03/2013 at 13:22

If he doesn't start the season then no for me.

He'll always be an injury risk but if he can't start the season without an injury, then how bad is it going to be when he starts banging into bodies out on the field.

Podsi · 13/03/2013 at 15:35

Just as long he can stay on ground week in week out enough times for me to upgrade him to NIC NAT!! Then I'll be happy to keep him as sub

dools · 14/03/2013 at 20:57

Nah Jimbo him gone. Great Value for coin but the buger ain't doin you any good as a DNS and remeber If it does't work u you can still get him for 300K! Currie will play alot this season and will be a New J.Giles but going reckless and depending on him to be the Next J Giles iis frought with bad things IMO
    Hope this is what U want to hear mate,2 Centsworth

Joseph · 13/03/2013 at 11:15

Cotchin or dangerfeild?

Philip · 13/03/2013 at 11:31

Deledio…

Joseph · 13/03/2013 at 12:08

Don't think he has as much improvement as the other 2

Eagle · 13/03/2013 at 13:11

Dangerfield

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 15:51

DANGER!

simmo3 · 13/03/2013 at 12:16

Goddard Gibbs heppel vlatsuin goodes Stevenson (docherty terlich)

Ablett swan Kennedy moloney varcoe Stevens wines crouch (Mitchell o’meara)

Jacobs currie (Rowe witts)

Franklin cox roughead zorko rockliff Martin (maccaffer paparone)

What do u think guys? Plenty of flexibility if currie does play and varcoe in the middle for fwd/mid link.

Podsi · 13/03/2013 at 15:33

Zorko or Stevie J?? Thoughts?? Looking for the overall win but also coming No.1 in my league!!

Podsi · 13/03/2013 at 15:39

Also… Where's the Ryder love?? Is he to much $$$ or will his time sharing ruck cost him to many points?? thoughts??

BPP · 13/03/2013 at 15:43

more the money, and he also needs to prove he can consistently dominate, from an essendon fan…

phoenix · 13/03/2013 at 18:18

Ive got a dilemma… do I go with lecras or moloney.. I have to take one of them, which is gonna help me in the long run? Help would be much appreciated 🙂

SCaddict · 14/03/2013 at 01:14

Moloney's the safer bet as I see it although have both firmly entrenched in my squad.

Returning from long term injury always adds to the risk level even if LeCras is flying at the moment. It's almost impossible to see how Moloney can't appreciate in value. It's more a question how much will he go up?

Hawkman · 13/03/2013 at 15:49

Hey guys hows it all going?

Here is my current team

DEF
Goddard Gibbs Heppell Atley Vlastuin Goodes Pittard Terlich
MID
Ablett Pendlebury Dangerfield Cotchin Bennell Omeara Crouch Mitchell Stevens Wines
RUCKS
Jacobs Currie Rowe Daw
FWD
Cox Rockliff Zorko Johnson Karnezis McAffer Neade Lee

Im pretty happy with the team but unsure about Atley and Lee any suggestions would be great. Thanks

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 16:45

nice team, similar to mine. Not convinced on atley in the back line and tom lee wont play many games, otherwise a very solid side.

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 15:54

im very keen on kane lucas this year, but still debating on whether to go for him or stick with koby stevens? anyone else like kane?

Monty · 13/03/2013 at 17:14

Vest

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 18:54

that is a good point mate, but he spent a lot of time with it last year and i think mick is really looking to use him a lot more.

SCaddict · 14/03/2013 at 01:21

I actually reckon his job security is pretty good compared to last season. Considering the pre-season he's had and Mick talking him up I'll be quite surprised if he doesn't get much game time this season.

He's been one of the Blues best performers in the NAB Cup with 16 disposals, 6 marks and 3 majors against the Crows last Friday.

Pox · 13/03/2013 at 16:58

Whats the go with Daw – Has he got a bung knee?

Popey99 · 13/03/2013 at 17:06

Hey Jock, ripsnorting podcast mate, really want your opinion on my team.

DEF: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes, (Stevenson, Terlich)
MID: Swan, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Shuey, Bennell, Stevens, K.Mitchell, O'Meara, (Crouch, Viney)
RUC: Jacobs, Currie, (Rowe, Daw)
FWD: Cox, Zorko, Rockliff, Martin, Varcoe, Karnezis, (Macaffer, B.Kennedy)

Monty · 13/03/2013 at 17:24

Decent. You may feel the burn of GAJ though

Popey99 · 13/03/2013 at 21:54

Yeah contemplating GAJ, would mean i have to drop Karnezis or Varcoe though.

SCaddict · 14/03/2013 at 01:26

Probably worth it Popey. Another option could be to downgrade Dusty to LeCras or JJKennedy. Or convert either Shuey or Bennell to Moloney.

Just some other possibilities to consider but yes Gaz is hard to pass up on especially in SC.

Ben · 13/03/2013 at 17:29

Hey would appreciate anyone to rate it
Who should i trade i have 87K left over

DEF; Goddard, Gibbs, Birchall, Heppell, Docherty, Goodes (Coloquohoun, Terlich)

MID: Pendulbury, Cotchin, Watson, Kennedy, Moloney, Wines, Crouch, Omeara
(Viney, Mitchell)

RUCK: Jacobs, Leunberger (Currie, Rowe)

FORW: Franklin, Rockliff, Cox, Broughton, Varcoe, Macaffer (Dwyer, Kerridge)

Cheers

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 19:01

Must have ablett!!! change broughton to lecras or karnezis. I wont be going near franklin for the first few rounds mate so possibly look to change him.

Anandu · 13/03/2013 at 20:49

I think you should swap watson for Ablett…
    It's a good team…

Ando · 13/03/2013 at 17:41

Who's going to have Shaun Atley? I'm still not sure.

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 18:59

i liked him, but have gone right of him now. Just dont think he has the ability to get enough of the ball to provide 80+ scores every week

SCaddict · 14/03/2013 at 01:36

For a player costing $380K you want to be pretty bloody confident he's going to generate premium like output.

Atley may very well do that but nothing I've seen in the pre-season gives me any confidence there. Reckon you either be better off downgrading to a rookie or spending an extra $30K in bringing in a guy like Newey or Harbrow I'd have more faith in delivering the SC goods.

Fletch24 · 13/03/2013 at 18:47

Can I get some in put into my side would be much appreciated 🙂

Backs- Gibbs, birchall,duffield,heppell,goodes,terlich docherty,colquhoun

Mids- gaz,Watson,danger,swallow,fyfe,Stevens,vlastuin,omeara crouch,viney

Rucks- Jacobs,currie,Rowe,daw

Fwds- cox,rough,pav,rockliff,karnezis,mcaffer, kerridge,neade

Any opinions would be much appreciated

Wino · 14/03/2013 at 00:44

Move Vlastuin into defense and ditch Colquhuon or Docherty for Kane Mitchell (or Wines if you can afford) in the mids.
    I can see you are trying to keep a BACK/MID DPP option open but probably not necessary if all your rookies play. Too many good cash cow rookies in the mids to waste a slot.

dools · 14/03/2013 at 21:04

Started out great on all line. Are you want to rely on Currie? As R2?

Les · 13/03/2013 at 19:22

Maric, Currie
(Rowe, WItts)

Forwards:
Franklin, Cox, Rockliff
Martin, Karnezis, Kennedy J
(Macaffer, Neade)

Anyone have any thoughts on that i really wanted to have mundy and hannebery in my midfield somewhere but cant fit everyone in. I left Gary Ablett out as everyone has jumped on him and i ccan easily add him in if any other mid fails me.

Brett · 13/03/2013 at 19:25

thoughts on an alternative for luenberger, and haven't heard anyone mention scott selwood yet, thoughts on him?

Jimmy · 13/03/2013 at 19:34

DEF:
Goddard, Gibbs, Duff, Heppell, Goodes, Stevenson (Terlich (E), Docherty)
MID:
Ablett (C), Pendlebury, JPK, Danger, Cotchin, Stevens, Mitchell, O'Meara (Crouch, Viney (E)
RUC:
Jacobs, Currie (Rowe (E) Witts)
FWD:
Cox (VC), Roughy, Rocky, Lecras, Karnezis, Macaffer (Neade (E) Lee)

Thoughts anyone?

keegan · 13/03/2013 at 19:40

personally think to stay awake from the high priced forwards that predominately have up and down games. especially when there is DPP players to choose from

tim · 13/03/2013 at 20:13

hey community i just cany figure out who too have as my 4th defender! these are my choices: Grimes, Heppell, Broughton, Newman and Watts also is shannon hurn a good POD this season??

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 20:19

Heppell for me mate. Dont think hurn is consistent enough mate but for a POD not bad.

Popey99 · 13/03/2013 at 20:39

Heppell or Watts. I have Heppell but Watts is a good POD

tim · 13/03/2013 at 20:36

hey community Bennell or Mundy as my number 5 midfielder??

Popey99 · 13/03/2013 at 20:38

Bennell mate, I have Bennell at the moment…

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 22:06

mundy better value and i think he will produce probably the same output. Can turn mundy into a elite if you need

Anandu · 13/03/2013 at 20:42

I have Mundy as my 5th midfield at the moment…..
They both played good….

Luke · 13/03/2013 at 21:37

chapman and plowman or ellis and karnezis?

kodesz · 13/03/2013 at 22:03

chappy is too old, so i'd go for option 2. But definitely not convinced on brandon ellis

Dean · 13/03/2013 at 22:02

Mitch Robinson as a forward POD

Thoughts?

Podsi · 13/03/2013 at 23:13

"The ruck is usually the 2nd highest scoring position after mids and before backs and fwds so I feel a lot of people will spend all their remaining cash on trying to fill those spots with premos like the mids. But this year is slightly different with so many potential high scoring rucks going down with injuries on the eve of rd 1.

The past two years we have had two additional teams join the league and we have been blessed with the scores from Smith and Giles. This says to me that it isn't too hard for first year players to score well in this positon as it is easier to score, as stated in my previous paragrapgh.

With both points of most quality rucks going down injured and the possibilites of currie/daw/rowe playing early on I feel there is a possibility of a few solid scores so we don't fall behind the back and also splashing some cash elsewhere, but also a chance for a solid profit from these players to turn into the likes of Nic Nat etc when they drop in price after coming back from injuries."

Thoughts

Wino · 14/03/2013 at 01:03

Agreed Podsi – worth the punt to save some cash initially for other areas, especially with the dearth of good rookie forwards.

Matt w-p · 13/03/2013 at 23:14

G’day jock. Are this years break evens out or going to be out? Cheers you legend!!

jimbotraralgon · 13/03/2013 at 23:28

If you have supercoach gold you can see the break evens. Who do u want to know about?

Cheers

Matt w-p · 14/03/2013 at 08:21

About Gary ablett and buddy?

jimbotraralgon · 14/03/2013 at 09:32

hey matt.

gazza's break even is 137 and buddy is at 117.

let us know if you require anyone else.

cheers

jimbotraralgon · 14/03/2013 at 10:08

hey matt.

google is your friend mate 😉

check this out.

cheers

Matt w-p · 14/03/2013 at 18:11

Cheers Jim! 🙂

Wino · 14/03/2013 at 00:56

Draft team #6346 – comments?

Backs:
Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes
(Stephenson, Terlich)

Mids:
GAJ, Pendles, JPK, Dangerfield, Moloney, Wines, K Mitchell, O'Meara
(Crouch, Viney)

Rucks:
Smith, Currie (Rowe, Daw)

Forwards:
Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Martin, LeCras, Karnezis
(McCaffer, S Dwyer)

Running light in the rucks as Leuenberger seems a non starter R1. Wait and see on which premium ruck to pick.

Wino · 14/03/2013 at 01:33

Thoughts – Mid/Ruck combo:
Moloney/Zac Smith or Koby Stevens/Mumford ?

jimbotraralgon · 14/03/2013 at 10:17

What to do about Watts?

I locked Watts into my F3 spot after the first week of NAB thinking I had found the next break out champ.

Now two weeks later and I look at him and all I can hear is crouching yelling 'burn man'.

I've got $110k and currently have rocky, dusty, varcoe, karny and macaffer in the other forwards positions.

At the moment Zorko the magnificient seems to be the obvious choice, who else?

or should I hold tight.

cheers.

SCaddict · 14/03/2013 at 15:58

Not personally keen on Watts myself but he should still score well. Stevie J and Robbo from the Blues are other alternatives I like but yes Zorko is one that's hard to resist for sure.

dools · 14/03/2013 at 21:09

G'day Jimbo,
    I can hear a Gun been Loaded from here with Dusty mate Nice sound ? unless he points it at heslf and he will ….Watts will play and play well but Dusty might not see U thru Rnd 2…IMO Burn Man Burn….

Kerrigan · 14/03/2013 at 10:57

Hi guys, I’d like some feedback on my team

Backs: Goddard, Gibbs, heppell, birchall, yarran, Stevenson, terlich & can unen
Mids: ablett, danger, fyfe, j Steven, Moloney, k Stevens, o’meara, viney, Mitchell, crouch
Rucks: roughhead, gorringe, currie & Rowe
Fwds: cox, rockliff, Johnson, Martin, le cras, varcoe, macaffer& lee

I’ve loaded up the fwds & backs more than I would’ve liked but this is due to the limited rookies available in these positions. J Steven & Moloney have been selected as players who will give me 80-100 points a game and then be upgraded to premiums once the midfield rookies hit there ceiling

SCaddict · 14/03/2013 at 16:03

Looks perfectly respectable to me mate. Perhaps would advise you swap Yarran for Goodes (who should be elevated to the senior list soon) and maybe use the cash to bring in another super elite mid in place of Fyfe or Steven. But this looks like a very well composed squad to me. Well done.

Phil · 15/03/2013 at 01:52

Jack Steven an interesting POD had him in my team at one stage St Kilda easy early draw. Good luck with that one.

jimbotraralgon · 14/03/2013 at 13:21

Hi guys.

just a reminder that I have created a Jock Reynolds group which everyone can join. doesnt affect your leagues at all.

lets find out who is the ultimate supercoach god in the jock reynolds community. Your reputation is at stake.

1. If you have ALREADY REGISTERED for the Herald Sun SuperCoach Competition, simply click the following link (you may need to login): http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/group?cic=6870
(Once logged in, simply confirm your invitation and you'll be automatically added. Private Groups are a separate feature to the five head-to head leagues of 18, in which you may continue to participate as usual).

2. If you have NOT YET REGISTERED, simply click on the link below and fill in the registration form as usual: http://supercoach.heraldsun.com.au/?p=register&am
(On successful registration, you'll automatically be added to this Group. Simply look for the "GROUP" tab in the nav of your Leagues page).

Mitchell Brendel · 14/03/2013 at 15:03

This is my team at the moment
DEF – Goddard, Waters, Gibbs, Russel, Docherty, Terlich, Vlastuin and Goodes
MID – Ablett, Swan, Pendlebury, Cotchin, Whitfield, K Mitchell, Crouch, Omeara, Viney and Colquhoun
RUCK – Cox,Leuenberger,Rowe and Currie
FWD – Franklin,Ryder,Rockliff, J Kennedy,Varcoe,Macaffer, Danier and Neade
354,500 left of money

Shimma · 14/03/2013 at 18:40

Hey community, anyway think having Macaffer on field with Rowe and Dwyer on the bench is too risky for my forward line?

dools · 14/03/2013 at 21:14

Most definatly RISKY go with 1 of those 3 unles you Know better Shimma

John · 14/03/2013 at 19:34

Hey peeps, first time posting on here and hope i can get a bit of a response 🙂

Here is my team 🙂

Jaybee23 · 14/03/2013 at 20:00

Who can we get for the bench apart from mccaffer for same price or lower

SCaddict · 14/03/2013 at 21:41

Sadly no one else has put up their hand yet. There are a few potentials out there but it looks a pretty barren landscape right now. Check out Jock's rookie cheat sheet for alternatives.

Pedro · 14/03/2013 at 22:16

G'day Community, any feedback on my team would be greatly appreciated

Backs: Goddard, Duffield, Heppell, Vlastuin, Goodes, Terlich, Stevenson, Docherty
Mids: Gazza, Pendles, Swan, Dangerfield, Watson, Stevens, K Mitchell, O'Meara, Crouch, Viney
Rucks: Roughhead, Currie, Rowe, Witts
Forwards: Franklin, Cox, Rockliff, Martin, Macaffer, Varcoe, Kerridge, Lee

Was thinking Bellchambers as a roughie in the ruck?

Cheers

Dee · 15/03/2013 at 10:43

Thoughts on Bellchambers this year anyone? Considering him as my R1…. Was great towards the end of the season last year, could follow it up this year and maybe a breakout season for him? Only $459K…. Worth considering community?

PortJared04 · 15/03/2013 at 17:30

If you want any tips or help like myself and my mates page

Michael · 16/03/2013 at 22:05

Hi All! This is my second year and last year I was humiliated in SC. So i would really appreciate advice! Especially I pay $50 for my league! Any comments on my team would be GREATLY appreciated!!

DEF:
Goddard, Gibbs, Maguire, Roughead, Vlastuin, Docherty and (Stevenson, Terlich)

MID:
Swan, Kennedy, Dangerfield, Murphy, Heppell, Moloney, Mitchell, O'Meara and (Crouch, Viney)

RUC:
Cox, Jacobs and (Rowe, Currie)

FWD:
Ryder, LeCras, Jenkins, Siposs, Varcoe, Karnezis and (Macaffer, Lee)

Please any comments I would be very happy!!! 🙂