AFL Supercoach 2013 tips guru Jock Reynolds

EARLY FANTASY INJURY BLOW

Just when you thought you had your team looking set folks…

News is in that Brent Staker has gone under the knife for a knee and will miss the next six weeks. Brent is one of the most heavily locked in players of pre season 2013. I can tell you right now that there will be fantasy coaches from all corners bailed up on their computers this evening looking for a suitable AFL Supercoach and/or AFL Fantasy replacement.

The other news is that big Cat Hamish McIntosh has also bunged his knee and his pre season is up the creek. The BIG Fantasy story here is the fact that young Nathan Vardy must now look a much more likely prospect as a mid priced ruckman being the next ruckman in line at sleepy hollow.

Old Jock is here for you folks. The Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community is here to help you through these times of turmoil in all of our lives. If you’re looking for a replacement for Staker and/or Big Hame have a gander at the latest mid priced cheat sheet which was released last weekend…

Over to my beloved community with a poll:

How will you replace Brent Staker?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Brick · 12/02/2013 at 14:14

I like to think outside the box mate and I'm going for Sierakowski from nth. No dpp though so I'm now giving creedence to a broughton/watts swing set. What's that? Watts you say? Yes I do. Last 4 seasons average 26,53,75,85 – he's building a hill old boy.

@MRB37 · 12/02/2013 at 14:20

Had some $ left, so I quickly swapped him out for Shannon Brynes. Still might trade him back in as a bench player to replace a rookie though.

James · 12/02/2013 at 14:41

I reckon Byrnes is looking a fairly solid option at the moment. Macaffer is probably the most obvious swap being the same price.

@Da_Mad_Irishman · 12/02/2013 at 16:17

Thats what the mad irishman was thinking – could be a smokie rookie out their somewhere too, lets have a look at the NAB and see what happens

Brick · 12/02/2013 at 15:22

Have to see what the dees line up is first and how the play. Byrnes might only be a bit part player, even if he's on the field!

James · 12/02/2013 at 16:10

Hi Jock,

I have Staker in my backline so who is someone I can replace him with? I also have $29,000 cash left over.

Thanks

Tom · 12/02/2013 at 17:43

I'd get Sam Docherty from Brisbane

Shimma · 12/02/2013 at 16:34

There goes my DEF/FWD swing set… interested in Vardy now though

Ally · 12/02/2013 at 16:42

I need a dpp to replace staker .. Any ideas

@pjm866 · 12/02/2013 at 16:42

was looking at tom williams from western bulldogs….
any thoughts anyone

Les · 12/02/2013 at 17:11

You would be silly to keep him because, 6 weeks whats that round 1 or 2, with the new amount of trades if he performs in his first 3 rounds you could always snatch hum up for someone else who has struggled. Biggest killer for me is Big Mac. Lucky i had big cox in the fwd line though.

jimbotraralgon · 12/02/2013 at 17:13

What a kick in the staker. Any chance round one?

Introducing vlads to my backline.

So is Berger to r1 and vardy to r2 viable?

Cheers

Carl · 12/02/2013 at 19:23

Is vardy guarenteed playing time or more importantly ruck sc points assuming he’s #2 behind west?

Nick · 12/02/2013 at 19:39

Replacing him with Tim Sumner. Remember hearing that he was set for rd 1 this year as GC were very impressed with him.

jimbotraralgon · 12/02/2013 at 19:50

can anyone put up a case in keeping Staker (could be back round 2?)

can't see it myself but as everyone is jumping off, could it be one of those brave moves to hold tight?

Or to stupid to consider?

(just trying to put up an alternative view)

cheers

James · 12/02/2013 at 20:07

Nah, Staker is too injury prone and may be back even later knowing his injury luck. Move on I reckon.

jockreynolds · 12/02/2013 at 20:52

Nice suggestion Jibmo but I'll leave him alone now.. a bit too damaged now

rexinator · 12/02/2013 at 20:45

what are peoples thoughts on s gilbert from the saints to replace staker.

with goddard out he prob will be rotated through the midfield from the backline and get more possessions…

please tell me your thoughts..

jockreynolds · 12/02/2013 at 20:51

Gday there rexinator.. I like how you're thinking mate.. where there's a vacuum there must be a player that comes in to fill it up. Bloody like your thinking and very unique suggestion. If you are looking at a left field St Kilda option I'd prefer you have a sneaky gander at Jarryn Geary, not real sold on Gilbert ya know?

rexinator · 12/02/2013 at 20:59

hi jock old mate hope all is well..

geary hey, I have not looked at him yet, I will watch his movement through the nab cup.. I cant wait for the nab cup, very excited indeed.

RobCorrigan75 · 12/02/2013 at 21:13

Need a fwd replacement for staker – already have Varcoe, Byrnes, macaffer, & lee. There seems to be a real shortage of decent cheap fwds, hopefully someone pops up in the Nab cup.

BMO · 12/02/2013 at 21:17

Hey Jock, I'm paranoid u guys didn't receive my rego for the Premier League. Can ya help a brother out, inbox is empty.

Lukey · 12/02/2013 at 23:27

Looks like Bock is out as well for first couple rounds as well.

Dools · 13/02/2013 at 09:10

Staker was in def line of the KrakeKats I will more then likely change him out to WBD Goodes or worst case senario hold him

jimbotraralgon · 13/02/2013 at 09:42

bock, staker and gray…..all look like they wont make the round 1 start line.

This, my friends, is why Jock has been warning us so often about the player returning from LTI.

Who's next? Ball, LeCras, Embley, varcoe, mccaffer, kennedy?

almost a certainty that one of these boys will have a further setback.

cheers.

Brick · 13/02/2013 at 12:28

Hang on, Robbie Gray from port is out too???

jimbotraralgon · 13/02/2013 at 13:41

gray is a question mark for round 1…more likely round 3…..same with Bock and now same as Staker.

cheers

jockreynolds · 13/02/2013 at 12:52

Fantastic comment Jimbo.. just posed this very question to the folk over on the facebook:

jimbotraralgon · 13/02/2013 at 13:51

thanks mate.

going mummy and varcoe only at this stage with the hope that Hodge will be a healthy target around mid year.

cheers.

Morse · 13/02/2013 at 13:26

Word from inside brissy medical staff, staker will be back by round 2

jimbotraralgon · 13/02/2013 at 13:42

thanks for the update……but the question is what is the fitness level going to be.

Morse · 13/02/2013 at 16:26

yeah great point, a concern sure but even 1/2 fit, he will play and his break even at such a cheap price would be under 25 points which he is more than capable of in a qtr of footy. Worth keeping I think, I have locked him in.

jimbotraralgon · 13/02/2013 at 17:54

for me it will depend on whether goodes or pittard make a fist of their opporunities

Darren · 14/02/2013 at 07:23

I agree with you Morse.Think those who discard him will probably be looking to trade him back in after he gets a couple of games under his belt

Jimmy · 13/02/2013 at 18:53

need some help looking for a more expensive for middle – thinking of wines, koby stevens, vlaustin, taylor garner and even troy menzel. Would love suggestions thanks.

Danger88 · 13/02/2013 at 20:15

Someone help a brother out! Who’s some good forward rookie options that are round 1 certain???

Darren · 13/02/2013 at 21:09

Missing the next 6 weeks? That means 1/2 weeks H/A.Has to be kept surely.

Buddy love · 14/02/2013 at 11:31

Stop wasting your time with rejects, they rarely deliver. Would you eat a fish that John west rejected? The only way to win this is to go premiums and 100k rookies I.e. Horsley, McDonald, D.Swallow, Bugg, J.Cameron, A.Kennedy. D.Shiel, D.Smith.

Kris · 04/03/2013 at 11:04

It's 2013…

Jeremy · 16/02/2013 at 12:06

Do you think Andy Otten is much chance of getting picked for the Crows? He might be a decent mid-priced defender option.

Brick · 16/02/2013 at 13:41

It's between him and Jenkins though,so it's wait see material (yet again…..)

งาน part time · 13/06/2014 at 14:11

Wonderful blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News.
Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there!
Many thanks