Jock Reynolds pre NAB Cup podcast

In many respects it has been a dark week for both AFL Football and AFL Fantasy Football.

Many of us have been left in a state of confusion. How will this drug caper effect our Supercoach and AFL Fantasy teams in 2013? Which Essendon players might not line up? There are many questions that need to be answered and we tackle many of these in this week’s podcast.

Let’s not forget that the NAB Cup kicks off this week – there’s something to get excited about kids! We’ll get to have a gander at many of the blokes that we have our eye on.

In this week’s podcast:

• How will the drug scandal effect our team selection this season?
  • What about the changes to Supercoach and AFL Fantasy rules.. how will this change how we pick our teams?
  • Gary Ablett… should he really be locked in this season?
  • Essendon rookies Elliot Kavanagh, Joe Daniher, Jason Ashby and Dylan Van Unen
  • Mid price prospects Koby Stevens, Ben Jacobs, Angus Monfries and Brent Moloney. Jock has added these blokes to the mid priced cheat sheet.. find out why.
  • And stack more folks!

Enjoy the show folks… and fire up for NAB Cup this weekend!

Jock Reynolds

Tim · 10/02/2013 at 23:32

Hey jock who is the better pick out of mundy and moloney?

Mundy gives more points but wouldn’t give as much early cash in the start of season

And moloney generate more cash for early upgrade with that extra cash u left in the bank instead if having mundy?

Tim · 10/02/2013 at 23:41

Also do you think having 6 rookies in midfield is too risky or just stick with 5 instead

jimbotraralgon · 11/02/2013 at 00:40

hey tim.

6 is maybe one rookie too much. Its all about balance.

Cheers

jockreynolds · 11/02/2013 at 13:20

gday there Tim – depends a little on wether you're going for League or overall wins… definitely a "too many" if you're after overall rank, and probably just a touch too many in a league scenario as well. I'd look to load up more havily on rookies in DEF/FWD old mate.

jimbotraralgon · 11/02/2013 at 00:40

hey tim.

Mundy better option. I link Mundy will still make a bit of cash.

(you still need to score points mate, not just cash cowing)

Cheers

Tim · 11/02/2013 at 07:38

Yeh true that but I got Ablett, pendles, Cotchin and Shuey in my mid so moloney is still a good selection

Cheers · 11/02/2013 at 00:28

Casual league

867176

jimbotraralgon · 11/02/2013 at 00:38

great show guys.

Interesting Higgo's comments that previous winners have had only 2 uber premo's in the side.

surely with 8 mids this year instead of 6 we can expand this to 3 or perhaps even 4?

Cheers

@MRB37 · 11/02/2013 at 19:18

That's a good point Jimbo. 1 less defender and forward should mean you have enough $ left to go for at least 3 plus ultra premiums.

Zoomer · 11/02/2013 at 12:01

Hi any news on the Jock Reynolds Premier League. I thought there may be an update or 2 on this website but its been very quiet. Has any body received any information??

jockreynolds · 11/02/2013 at 13:18

Gday there Zoomer – the applications closed on January 31st old mate – did you get yours in via the Face book?

BMO · 11/02/2013 at 18:24

Gday Jock have the codes been sent out already?? i registered early on also but havent received anything either

jockreynolds · 11/02/2013 at 21:05

Hmmm… will get Wayno onto this one. I reckon some of the Qualification group invites might need to be resent.. stay tuned mate

jockreynolds · 11/02/2013 at 23:02

Got it now mate? Have resent

BMO · 12/02/2013 at 03:41

Unfortunately not mate, r they been sent to email address or through Facebook? I’m still keen as mustard to have a crack!

Tony · 11/02/2013 at 13:39

Hi Jock Yeah I applied on Facebook the day after applications opened but haven't received an invite yet. Did I make the cut?? Your advise re selecting your team as a whole rather each individual position is the way to go.

jockreynolds · 11/02/2013 at 23:08

Looks like my initial mail out went pear shaped – you should have it now?

Tony · 12/02/2013 at 08:02

Jock. I finally received your invite to the Jock Reynolds Qualifers Group and I have registered – Thanks mate.

Shimma · 11/02/2013 at 17:07

Hey Jock, you sent me a Facebook message saying you were gonna send out the league codes soon, but like these guys havent recevied anything more?

jockreynolds · 11/02/2013 at 21:04

They've all gone out old son.. checked your junk mail filter? Seems a few have not received the invite to the Qualification group… will resend in next day or so.

Shimma · 11/02/2013 at 22:57

Thanks Jock just got it from the resent one. Cheers

jockreynolds · 11/02/2013 at 23:04

Fantastic! Wayno reckons the first one stuffed up coz there might have been too many email addresses in the BCC field or some such – sorry about the inconvenience old mate!

Shimma · 11/02/2013 at 17:09

Should I go with: Leuenberger, Gorringe (Daw, McBean) with Hanley in defence, OR
Godlstein, Leuenberger (Gorringe, Daw/McBean) with Docherty in defence?
Cheers

@MRB37 · 11/02/2013 at 19:19

I'd be awfully hesitant to go in with Gorringe as a starting ruck with Daw and McBean as my backups.

Nick · 11/02/2013 at 17:51

Guys what are your thoughts on rischitelli?? Injured last year and was a gun a couple of seasons ago. Only 398000?

xavier · 11/02/2013 at 18:03

Great show, interesting about the 2 uber picks from previous winners, something going to have to think about but think it safe to make that 2 to 3 this year.

i was wondering what you reckon of Andrew Gaff and luke parker this year for SC?

Tim · 11/02/2013 at 18:14

Hey guys I looked at powertothepeoples team and he started with 2 uber premiums last year but that was with 8 midfield players and with 9 in fwd and def so I figured out that if you take one rookie from his back line to midfield and 1 uber premium from forward and you get 3 uber premiums 2 break out players/ low premiums 1 low mid priced and 4 rookies.
So that’s probably how the midfield should look this year

BubbaNo1 · 11/02/2013 at 21:56

First game of Round one looks very interesting….who should I tip???….The Drug Cheats or the Draft Cheats?….Tough choice….and I shall also probably tip the Tankers later on in the round too….lol

dools · 11/02/2013 at 22:16

Jock and Co. outstanding Information & entertainment once again…
Thanks for making my Monday nite
Crouching 3 Pts "Scapegoat Joke "
Jock 2 Pts For a well deserved rant on the Government and tactics
Peter 1 pt but could have been 3 but I think Kung fu slipper Poo was right up there

Now about to log on to SC and change Krakenkats AGAIN….LOL

Carl · 11/02/2013 at 22:49

Very interesting reading. Great site love all of your work.
Question for you wise ones out there:

Koby Stevens vs Moloney for my M6?

Other mids are GAJ, Swan, JPK, Dangerfield, Fyfe, K Mitchell, O’meara, Viney, Crouch

Both will probably make 150k + so is it a question of job security or is there more than that to it?

Interesting to hear all of your thoughts.

Cheers

Carl · 11/02/2013 at 22:58

Btw 438k left in the bank with M6 to pick.

Team as follows, please let me know what you think

D: Goddard, Gibbs, Duffield, Osbourne, Staker, Terlich (Docherty, Van Unen)

M: See above

R: Cox, Berger (Sinclair, Moller) (swing man, elcapitano)

F: Roughhead, Rockliff, Martin, Krakouer, Varcoe, Winderlich (Mayes, Maccaffer)

IceColdCousins · 11/02/2013 at 23:13

Get cox in the foward line and bring in Goldmember, would be silly not having him

Carl · 12/02/2013 at 00:03

If one of winderlich, krakouer or varcoe look no good in the nab I’ll prob look at that.

Carl · 12/02/2013 at 13:05

Staker out with a knee – 6 weeks 🙁

@CaptainFantasy · 15/02/2013 at 14:45

Entertaining stuff! Loving the usual callers and great work ending the show with a bit of TISM!