You can snag the big Orange Roughie in either your Ruck or your Forward line in season 2013. We have 15 RUCK/FWDS in 2013 so this is one area of the game you need to have a think about at some stage.
And big Jarryd Roughead looks a reasonable selection in 2013. There is already plenty of excitement about the possibility of Roughead, Nic Nat, Cox, young Josh Jenkins, Paddy Ryder and others swinging like rusty gates between your ruck and forward lines.
However I’m not thinking yet about how I’ll be able to swing him into my ruck, swap him for Nackers, shake his around a few times, rub some salt on my forearm… none of that. That is the trap that so many young ones get caught up in at this time of the season. This is the time for assessing which of your premium options are VALUE and who is LIKELY to provide you with premium output for the entirety of the season.
No I know I prattle on like an old fool sometimes… but don’t get me wrong. The ruck/fwd scenario is an important one this season. Higgo won’t stop reminding me of that. I just don’t want it to blind the young members of the Jock Reynolds fantasy footy community to the more important facts and assessments that need to be made. I warned the kids last year about being hell bent on picking a bye friendly team.. was old Jock right? Course he bloody was. If you were one of them.. don’t get down on yourself. Just LEARN. That’s what this magnificent game is about folks. Even old Jock made the odd mistake back in the early days of Fantasy Football.
Who we bloody talking about again? Righto… Jarryd Roughead. Lets have a look at the kid:
2013 Price: Supercoach: $554,800, Dreamteam: $472,200
2013 Position: RUCK/FWD
2012 averages: 104 SC, 92 DT (20 games)
2011 averages: 101 SC, 84 DT (11 games)
2010 averages: 78 SC, 70 DT (22 games)
Regardless of his DPP appeal I like Roughie as an option this season.
- He’s reasonably priced. Anticipate that this price will rise if he stays on the park. I see him averaging 105+ Supercoach points this season.
- He’s now got a solid season and will have a preseason under his wing since his injury dramas in 2011 so I feel good about his fitness. Should get through this season strongly
- He’s 26 this season. We all know that the tall timber begins to kick into gear at about this time to its time for Rough to make some hay here.
- Yes.. he has that Ruck eligibility. Could come in very handy if you like the look of Jenkins, NicNat, Ayce Cordy and even Shaun McKernan in your ruck division. All ruck/Fwds.
- A word of caution – he may spend a little bit more time up forward this season… watch this in the NAB.. this won’t be a good thing if it pans out.
He must at the very least be right in the mix this season in all AFL Fantasy Footy codes. If I had to pick my side today I’d likely have him up forward. At this stage I’m considering a ruck division of Goldstein, Leuenberger, Cordy and R4 with Roughy up forward. Plenty of water to go under the old bridge though yet folks. Not sure bout Nic Nat yet.. not too happy with his price considering the fitness dramas he has…
How’s your ruck division shaping up?