Fantasy Footy Radar 2013 – Mark LeCras
In my opinion he was set to kick it up a gear and enter the Supercoach 95+ average territory. All that changed with a brutal snap of his ACL in February this year…
- 2013 Supercoach price: $369,200
- 2013 Position: FWD
- 2012 average: Didn’t play a game
- 2012: Heartbreak for the young break out candidate – did his knee in the pre-season
- 2011: Averaged 86 including 6 110+ scores from 19 games. Faded in the last 6 games not scoring above 90
- 2010: Averaged 82 from 21 games
- You’ve got a considerable set of testicles if you overlook a fit Mark LeCras at this price. He will be value for money anyway you look at him. If all goes well he’ll have a very long and solid preseason.
- I won’t buy into talk that he will average 105+ this season. He will get very little time in the midfield if any and will spend most of his time as a small forward as he rebuilds confidence in his knee. He’ll give us the odd 100+ score but expect 80’s from him.
- How happy will you be taking him into your supercoach finals series? Not convinced he’ll score at top 6 FWD pace.. will get a better idea in the preseason but I see his presence in your team as being awkward around August.
Overall – LOCK HIM IN – no doubt in my mind here. At that price this is a bit of a no brainer. Just don’t rely on him for regular premium scoring is all.. wary that some will overestimate his standing in their overall team structure. Must be said that Eagles look primed to kill em this year.. good thing for his scoring outlook as well.
Do you have the Frog with the bung leg on your AFL Fantasy footy dinner plate this season?