I’ve been in this caper for a very long time kids. I’ve learnt a thing or two about identifying talent when it drifts across my finely tuned radar.
I believe that this kid is the most talented player on the list at Port Adelaide. Talent is one thing. Matching talent with a fierce and uncompromising gut busting competitive desire to improve and will yourself to help your team is the other factor. 2013 will tell us a hell of a lot about this kid.
- 2013 Supercoach price: $485K approx
- 2013 Position: MID/DEF
- 2012 average: 91
- 2012: Preseason hamstring injury set back his preseason, he pulled it again midseason. Alarm bells. Also suspended for kicking Cyril Rioli.
- 2011: Best and Fairest at Port in just 16 games. Supercoach average 92
The news that young Hame is now available as a Defender as well as in the guts is the factor that has had him drift onto my radar this season. As a pure midfielder I wouldn’t have given him a second thought.
- I’m worried that this kid will let me down at some stage. He has proven to us he can score.. no arguments there. But at 22 and already pock marked in scar tissue I’m not feeling too bloody confident about his prospects.
- The price isn’t exactly tickling me pink. A player carrying this level of risk and previous form I would be far more interested in if offered at the 325-350K price range.
- At this stage I’m planning on stuffing my mids with class and going thin on defense and/or fwds. Can’t see a spot for the Hame dog on my likely guns and rookies back line.
- He plays for Port Adelaide Football Club. Ya know?
I’ll give the young gun the thumbs down at this stage. Injury prone, awkwardly priced and BURN man written all over him.
Will you hammer Hamish into your backline in Supercoach or Dreamteam 2013 folks?