AFL Fantasy Footy 2013 – player position changes
Gday folks – thanks for your input after this weeks podcast (haven’t listened yet? You’re mad as a cut snake click here to listen in).
We have been provided with some early intelligence re: player positional changes for AFL Supercoach and Dreamteam season circa 2013 and I thought I would provide our beloved community with a rundown of the two changes that are causing the most debate around Jock Central:
GAINING DUAL POSITION ELIGIBILITY
Tom Rockliff – Brisbane Lions – MID/FWD
Yes that’s right folks you will be able to pick the Rock Lobster up in your forward lines next season which is bloody huge.
- Started the season at a premium price of $615,000 on the Supercoach scales then drifted way back to $374,000 by the end of the season
- Averaged 123 in his first 5 games then FIZZLED to an average of 69 in his last 5
- No doubt that Vossy giving Lobster plenty of time up forward hurt him. Out of favor – out of form – or injured?
- Suspect that he’ll be introduced back into the guts this season – and will be cheap as chips.
JOCK’S VERDICT: At this stage and provided he looks sound in the preseason I’ll be very likely starting with Rocky in Supercoach and Dreamteam 2013.
LOSING DUAL POSITION ELIGIBILITY
Dayne Beams – Collingwood – MID
Dayne went balls out in 2012 and tore the joint to shreds. No other way to put it.
- Averaged 150 Supercoach points in his last 5 games of the season
- After his round in bye 12 he scored 109+ in 10 of his last 11 games
- His past 4 seasons a solid build up towards becoming premium: 75, 85, 101 and then 123 in 2012.
- Could it be a case of “Early Ripe – Early Rot” as the Oracle from the Orient The Crouching Tiger suggested in the podcast?
JOCK’S VERDICT: This is a bloody tough one. Will come in at the very high price bracket after last season.. that coupled with the fact that he’ll no longer be eligible for the forward line has me thinking NO at this stage… one to look for mid season perhaps folks?
The other changes for next season:
- Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community favorite Ryan O’Keefe loses his FWD line eligibility and will be just a MID next season. I’ll be cutting the umbilical chord with a slim chance of picking him up mid-late season if the price is right
- Greg “bloody” Broughton will now be available as a DEF and a FWD. See my write up on his change to the Gold Coast Suns here
- Steele “passport” Sidebottom will be a MID only in 2013. After fizzling to score only 3 tons after round 13 I’ll be leaving him alone next season. Not premium midfield material for mine
- Nat “Teen Wolf” Fyfe slips in to become a pure midfielder. With his stuffed shoulder he’ll be too risky I reckon. Pass.
- Dead Set Legend (and holder of an honorary pass at the Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Community Banquet Hall) Jimmy Bartel will slot in as a MID/FWD to see out his career. Interesting one – but a no at this stage
- Jude “The Obscure” Bolton (MID/FWD) also comes up to the forward line to graze for the rest of his career
- Alan Didak will be a MID only next season.
- Hamish Hartlett will be a DEF/MID