Fantasy Footy Radar 2013 – Chris Knights
Young Chrissy Knights grew up an played his junior footy around the Waverley area so will be dead set over the moon to be returning to the best city in the world. He’s rapt to be joining the mighty Tigers who may well be a significant 2013 force. Mark those words.
Just fell out of favor with the Crow Eaters. Simple as that. Only racked up 5 games in 2012 despite playing some good solid footy in the SANFL for Woodville West Torrens.
- Is proven in the AFL and by extension the AFL Supercoach and Dreamteam caper. He averaged mid 80’s to 90 in 2007, 08 and 09. In 2009 snagged 43 goals for the season. Better than a poke in the eye with a molten hot cattle prod.
- Should come in at around $250,000 which will have quite a few licking their chops. Reckon that he’ll slot in with a solid forward line role as a foil for Jack “The Problem” Riewoldt then pinch hit in the guts when Deledio has a spell. Should be value for money.
- I like the fact he’s coming home. You have to ask yourself whether you too would become a shell of your former self if you were stationed in Adelaide for 8 years. He’ll be energized and relieved to be home.
- People don’t fall out of favor in organisations for nothing folks. I should know having been in the trenches in countless AFL organisations. Did the Crows just shove him to the back shelf when they knew he’d fly the coop back to Melbourne? Or is there something else there? Inconsistency has been a major knock on the kid in recent times…… doubts there.
- He played some great footy in 2009. Bloody great footy. But that was 3 years ago now kids and the times they have a changed. Is he as suited to the game of 2013 as he was to the game of 2009? More doubt there….
- Many will consider his as a mid priced forward option. There will be midpriced options up forward all over the shop in season 2013. You’ve got your LeCras. You’ve got your Robbie Grays. Your Travis Varcoes your Brent McCaffers your Stakers and your Nicoskis who’ll all come in at that Terry tight arse price range.
Not at this stage. Too much doubt hangs over his head for my liking. I won’t go with a midpricer unless absolutely convinced he has a fair stab at reaching premium status during the season. I’m seeing supercoach 70s with the occasional 90 or 100 at best for Chris in 2013. Not good enough to slot away as a keeper. A real danger of stinking up my forward line in the business end of the year.
However… a good look at the cut of his jib during preseason and who knows?
Over to you folks… will you be having a crack at Chris Knights in Supercoach or Dreameam in 2013?
More from Fantasy Football genius Jock Reynolds, Crouching One and Peter Higginbotham;