AFL Supercoach 2012 tips guru Jock ReynoldsBest of luck in the second week of your Supercoach Finals ladies and gents.

There is good news for the disciplined with Buddy Franklin back in town this week. Some of us still have our trades up the sleeve if we’ve been disciplined.. others might be wishing they had held on to some trades earlier on. That’s all good folks… remember we are all on a  learning journey. You reckon I got to be where I am now without stuffing up along the way? Hell no.

Best of luck this week everyone! Enjoy the video…

Marc · 17/08/2012 at 09:04

Most of my fellow Croweaters have the opinion that Scott Thompson will be rested, but I got a feeling in my waters that that won't happen. Guy is machine, he can play out the season and into the finals with no issue. Of course the most logical game he'd get a rest would be against GC, so that'd be a disaster to have him rested during your GF.

John C · 17/08/2012 at 10:25

Jock / Community I am the underdog this week in my final and struggling with the captain selection. My opponent is most likely going to go G. Ablett who I also have but I am thinking that I have to go for a point of difference as his overall team is a bit stronger than mine at the moment. I am thinking possibly NicNat who is in some great form and playing against Port Adelaide.

Other options are Watson, Kennedy or a huge risk and jump on Buddy to have a huge comeback.

Thoughts??

JC

Vinnie · 17/08/2012 at 10:52

Spot on, JC.

Going Nic Nat myself this week as Lewis will have a run with role on GAJ for sure.

Lobbe and Redden won't be able to handle the human highlight reel

John C · 17/08/2012 at 17:39

Here is hoping we both have it right Vinnie Good luck!

Tanner · 17/08/2012 at 18:00

Pav had a blip in form last week, but this week, matched up against Rance initally, I think Pav should be considered. But like you, I'm S.T. Ruggling. Not sure which way to go yet for the big C. I'm also keen on Buddy, he's sublime, and after me getting fired up last week cause Buddy didn't play, wouldn't it be a considerable relief to have Buddy bring in the bacon. Also in the mix for me is Deleds, but I dont think Cothchin, Cotchin might well be contained by Crowley who is one pretty well in that tagging role this year, he's got my attention anyway. So that leaves me Deleds, Pav or Buddy, and not in that order. So I think I'm gonna need a couple of beers at lunch time today to clear my noodle, then I'm gonna get that SC rush of blood, and go with my heart. Good luck community.

Sam Winter · 17/08/2012 at 18:38

I'm going with him as well as my captain. Expect big a decent score from him.

Vinnie · 17/08/2012 at 11:00

I've traded Broughton for Enright – projected scores of high 90s over the next 3 weeks and cheaper than Waters who also has the same projection.

Sam Winter · 17/08/2012 at 18:36

Would Nic Nat be a good captain pick? He's versing Port so i'm expecting a MASSIVE score from him. This could be just the desicion that gets me over the line.

George · 17/08/2012 at 20:47

Buddy for captain against GC? Thoughts?

BigDub · 17/08/2012 at 21:18

Crazy to go against Ablett as captain this week.

Past two scores against Gold Coast? 144 and 170. The latter in basically the corresponding fixture last year.

Ablett scores better against the top teams as they don't need tag. His best scores this year were against Sydney, Collingwood, North and Essendon.

BigDub · 17/08/2012 at 21:19

Against Hawthorn I meant!

G unit · 17/08/2012 at 21:48

Good Point. Accepted on the grounds that Dog dog had a massive one last week and probably does not need to feel the need to back it up against whiskas power…

jimmy · 17/08/2012 at 23:20

should i put devon smith or cloke on the ground this week?

The Wanderer · 18/08/2012 at 03:15

I'd be tempted to go Smith, on current form.

I'm umming and ahhing about Sam Shaw or Lee Spurr in my backline…

Mr X · 18/08/2012 at 04:48

Stanton or Gibson for 6th mid?

RealAndrewTan · 18/08/2012 at 05:54

No need to be too cutesie pie with the Captain pick. I've decided not to over engineer the bugger. So i'm sticking with meat and potatoes. Gaz Jr gets it for mine. Perma-Captain.

Dools · 19/08/2012 at 05:57

G'day to all

I've beenaway for a week no chance to look at results . Until now. Basking in Glory.. I won both leagues! against better oppenents!.. My team showed up, theirs had no shows. Bonus! Week off still have trades and money up the sleeve.

I do have Reioli so maybe as a pod I 'll go Johnstone (Cats) or the young bloke from Carlton Levi.

Still on a high cant believe I madeit to the finals…

Thanks Jock your web site built the Bones of my team. Your podcasts put Muscel on it and Higgo and Tiggerman gave the whole thing Spirit.

Thanks Lads