This weeks Cattle MarketChris Judd, Jack Ziebell, Greg Broughton, Matthew Kreuzer, Jeremy Cameron, Devon Smith, Allen Christensen, Jarrad Redden, Tom Derickx, Sam Shaw, Chad Cornes, Adam Kennedy (GWS) and Ryan Hargrave – every single one of these blokes will sit on the pine in round 17 folks. Hells Bells eh!!

Here is my take on the upcoming weekend:

* note – some late scratchings from this weeks Cattle Market after team selections: click here to check em
* crucial pre round listening in the ROund 17 podcast as always: click here to listen in

Adam Kneale · 20/07/2012 at 07:59

Jock i have 65k and still have t.adams and giles with 3 trades. WHat should i do??

Zimmer · 20/07/2012 at 08:36

Hey Jock and Co.,

Thanks for the vid. Will take the couple of stubbies option I reckon.

Have Got Giles, Broughton and Buddy. Suddenly a team that was one trade away from complete Premuiums is short everywhere other than my mids.

Thing is I'm down to 4 trades and about $100 k.

Do I suck it up for this week – I've got enough cover to feild a team.

Or do I trade Buddy for a premium mid (Sidebottom fwd), and then spread the extra cash in my Rucks (trading out Giles) or Backline (Broughton).

I'm leaning toward holding given the attrition rate this year. See what unfolds and trade into the finals.

What do ya reckon?

Zimmer · 22/07/2012 at 02:10

No worries, thanks for the feedback.

G unit · 22/07/2012 at 14:07

Hahah not bad zimbob, I would be holding there mate. Giles is a keeper unless you want to bring in a jet premo ruckman.

See what pans out with buddy, if he doesn't get back you can pick up anyone you like. Also if you are locked into the 8 I would def hold trades this week.

Benny · 20/07/2012 at 09:59

jock, ive got to win all 3 of my games left. im playing 4th this week. with 1 trade left. is it worth making the trade to avoid a donut this week?

big fella · 20/07/2012 at 11:39

do we trust waters to play? and have a ripper?

Pales · 20/07/2012 at 18:58

I highly doubt he'll play. 10 days after surgery, be it arthroscopic or not, is not enough!

Mick · 20/07/2012 at 20:05

If he's picked i reckon he will play. Amazing comeback though

Mick · 20/07/2012 at 20:06

Absolutely worth a trade if the game is a must-win. Trades left over for the finals aren't much use when you aren't in them

SNAKE HANDLER · 20/07/2012 at 18:29

CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME ADVICE PLEASE.

I need a straight swap for Dickson from the Bulldogs.I was going to put in Darling but i,m $1600 short.I only have $8000 in the bank.

Thanks

Togg · 20/07/2012 at 18:46

Gumbleton? Murdoch? Couch? Then wait for their gain in price and get rid of em perhaps?

SNAKE HANDLER · 20/07/2012 at 20:27

Thanks for that,i had Murdoch so ive gone for Gumbleton. Thank you both for your advice.

Mick · 20/07/2012 at 20:05

If you need cash for another upgrade, go to Murdoch – cheaper than Gumby.

If you want the next superstar, get gumby (may be a little bias…) He is more expensive, but might get injured/rested/dropped so JS is a little shaky. Also being a fwd isn't guaranteed points (see: cloke)

Tony · 20/07/2012 at 20:28

Anybody got any thoughts about Mumford??? I need to trade out Broughton and Kruezer. If I trade in Heath Shaw or Goddard for Broughton then with the cash I have available Mumford looks the only option.hmmm

Stefanaki · 20/07/2012 at 22:18

Trade Broughton out for Birchall. Should free you up with more cash than the Shaw or Goddard trade.

Mick · 21/07/2012 at 01:06

How about Yarran and then Jacobs/McEvoy/NicNat? Goddard is super cheap though for a reason – really hasn't been scoring well.

I would go Yarran + Jacobs

or Shaw + Mumford

Even have a look at Bellchambers. Whilst Ryder isn't far back, with Hurley, Crameri and Gumbleton in the side Hille won't be needed, and Bellcho will probably spend most of the game in the ruck with Ryder up forward. (Injures at Bombers pending, of course…)

Birchall won't work (more $ than Goddard)

Rob · 21/07/2012 at 00:52

All right guys and gals need guidance. Gotta get rid of chris'kfc'judd and can afford whoever i want so with that in mind im torn between 3, ablett, pendles or son of tim.

Im feeling they all present similar value but dont know who to choose.

Mick · 21/07/2012 at 01:02

Ablett – saves you a hassle of choosing a captain each week. His bad games are 110.

adam · 21/07/2012 at 03:13

who should i get rid of?

morris or ellis?

super · 21/07/2012 at 04:03

hey everyone should i trade kreuzer i have three trades left and a set team despite kreuzer not playing. Should i use those trades to degrade upgrade the kreuz or leave him and hope he plays next week?

Tony · 21/07/2012 at 04:44

I'm trading Kruezer because I only have one ruck playing this week. If you have two rucks playing save your trade-will be handy in finals