AFL Supercoach 2012 tips guru Jock ReynoldsPlenty of surprise results this weekend folks, and plenty of Supercoach and Dreamteam value to discuss in this weeks show. While the time to cash in those rookies has arrived it is critical that we don’t burn trades like crazy buggers. Those with some dry powder when the byes arrive will be in a very good position.

Listen in to Crouching, Higgo and I as we dismantle this weekends fantasy footy. We provide a path forward for our magnificent listeners for the crucial coming weeks.

As always I’ll whack up the weekly Supercoach Video, The Cattle Market and Higgo will again delve into his revolutionary Supercoach punting system before round 8.

A very happy Mothers Day to all the sensational Mums out there,

Jock Reynolds

Michael Harrison · 14/05/2012 at 09:20

G'day Jock,

Stanton looks the deal this year, trust him to keep this up mate? And of Dangermouse and Sidebum who would you pick, already have 3 pies to start.

BradNied · 14/05/2012 at 09:27

round 7 isn't over yet jock… still one game to go!

Chuck · 14/05/2012 at 09:37

Thoughts on Andrew Swallow? Had high hopes this year but he is making me rue the coinflip between him and Simon Thompson.

Zimmer · 14/05/2012 at 20:18

Scott Thompson??

James · 14/05/2012 at 09:48

Jock, do you think we have missed the boat on Brent Stanton and that Marc Murphy may be a better option….???

James

Flash · 14/05/2012 at 09:59

2313 with Goddard to come. You ruddy beauty Jock, advice taken is payin off!!

Chris · 14/05/2012 at 18:45

2327 with Goddard and Geary! Advice is going pretty good as no can trade for a premium next week with 230,000 in the bank

Benny · 15/05/2012 at 07:19

How many trades have u got left?

Sean · 14/05/2012 at 20:36

2107 with hayes, goddard murphy and geary. Good round

josh · 15/05/2012 at 04:04

2365 with goddard, murphy, hayes and geary still to play tonight, could win the prize this week!!

Vince · 14/05/2012 at 10:05

Jock, me old pal..

Need your advice….Golby from the Lions is starting to slither back into the pack and has a BE of 89 next week and thinking it might be time to offload him at $350K

Should I burn 2 trades by cashing in on Kennedy from GWS and upgrade the Golbmeister for a mid $400K type defender or go the straight swap for a mid $300K type defender?

Have 17 trades left and averaging mid 2200s at present.

Your fan,

Vince

Robert ( JR Supporte · 14/05/2012 at 17:05

Yes Flash…..and I second your comments mate.

I am 2445 with Goddard to play.

BradNied · 14/05/2012 at 20:04

nice! i'm 1902 with goddard, scotland, murphy, n.riewoldt and milera, should get into the 2400s hoping close to 2500 🙂

Nateo · 14/05/2012 at 20:05

having a great round so far on 1954 with goddard,scotland,murphy and kruz lef to play

shld get 2300+

Gspotter · 14/05/2012 at 23:22

The Gspotters are sitting on 2337 despite Ellis only scoring 2 – Damn the SUB!!!!! Still have Goddard to play today. Hope Goddard can get about 163!

JohnnoB · 14/05/2012 at 23:35

I'm up and about also. Think 2300 might be an average score this round.

I'm calling it;

p.Higginbotham – 3 Votes (saw your tweet in The Tackle)

J. Reynolds – 2 Votes (for your effort with Sheeds)

C. Tiger – 1 Vote (Chewbakka the Rookie ….hmmm. LIFT son)

DL · 14/05/2012 at 23:40

wondering if Dal Santo has another bad game tonight, should I offload him – has already dropped $100,000+. Might just have to stick with him? Any suggestions about what to do here?

options to bring in – Scott Thompson -Adel, or Stanton

already have Kennedy, Murphy, Swan, Deledio

Benny · 15/05/2012 at 03:31

All i can say is westcoast f'd me priddis out and i just brought scott selwood in took risk and made him captain big mistake 74!!!

Head in hands!

billy · 15/05/2012 at 09:43

OMG I LOST BY 1 POINT!!!!! ONE BLOODY POINT!! :'( 2365 to 2366. this is all your fault crouching, why didnt you call me and tell me ellis would be sub!your getting 1 vote this week. lift your game crouching!

billy · 15/05/2012 at 10:01

would have scored 2550 if i left morris on instead of ellis and left stanton as captain 🙁 those 2 bad choices might have cost me $1000. FML!!!!!!

Nick · 15/05/2012 at 10:02

24496 with hawkins killing me with a 48. Should have had Milera in!! All well, pretty glad and got some money and trade to spend wisely.

Jock you are a superstar. Crouching, my little brother listens to your podcasts with me, he loves ya!

He reckons: Crouching three votes

Bruce Lee two votes

Jackie Chan one vote.

Nick · 15/05/2012 at 10:05

2496*

Jack · 15/05/2012 at 10:59

2463, with heppell 67 and pearce hanley subbed off with his hammy, do you reckon i should trade him out?

Pales · 15/05/2012 at 21:11

wait and see what happens during the week. if it's a bad tear, then yes, if not – i'd sit tight. depends who you have on the bench…

Jack · 16/05/2012 at 06:40

only wilkes and buntine mate and ones not scoring well and ones not playing… thinking of doing a hamley -> drummond swap if severe

Lords · 15/05/2012 at 18:58

So many people talking about there own individual scores…BORING.

We want community input not a page all about me

Pales · 15/05/2012 at 21:12

feel free to add a topic for discussion…

Sean · 15/05/2012 at 21:47

Lol. Seconded

Zimmer · 15/05/2012 at 19:44

FInally had a full team on the park, and finally posted a good score: 2471. Very happy with that.

Pales · 15/05/2012 at 21:10

Well done mate – very handy score that!

Goddard and Kreuzer got me up to 2491 and 79th overall… Loving SC this year!

jimbo drouid · 15/05/2012 at 19:49

hey jock, thoughts on ellis to spurr and then j mac into ablett? 391k in bank.

i know j mac isnt ready for the plucking fully but I do have horsley to fall back on as the emergency.

burned through more trades than I am willing to admit so its lock down time.

Nateo · 15/05/2012 at 19:51

what happened to murphy -.-???

NeedAnEdge · 15/05/2012 at 20:15

Doesn't like a super tag on him like Jones.

Pales · 15/05/2012 at 20:18

Any thoughts on Tex Walker's 2 week suspension?

Stefanaki · 16/05/2012 at 00:59

Jockarama,

Any suggestions on trading out Ellis – everyone would be keen to offload him??

TheCrouchingOne · 16/05/2012 at 01:06

SILENCE!!!

Not trade the beautiful one now …. his recent score stay in price calculation for next two round. Must keep him now. Trade The Bugg man …. Slipper say me so.

Welcome.

Stefanaki · 16/05/2012 at 01:51

Croucho,

I like your input however i need to cash in on cash cows as i am holding too many.

Thoughts on the following:

1. move Deledio to defence and bring in Stanton, Watson or Griffen for Ellis/Bugg; and

2. Trade Porpaz for Sidebottom.

That would leave me with 15 trades, $200k in bank and a chance to get back into the top 1000.

TheCrouchingOne · 16/05/2012 at 02:35

Dear Mr.Stefanaki,

Maybe you put team up and I show my Slipper of wisdom, this brave move but remember Pyanmanese saying;

"Man who live in glass house need get changed in basement"

Welcome.

Stefanaki · 16/05/2012 at 04:17

Defenders: Goddard, Scotland, Broughton, Clarke, Bugg, Lake, Dempsey, Ellis and Morris.

Mids: Deledio, Murphy, Ablett, Murphy, Selwood, Dangerman, Horsley, Magner, old Macca.

Rucks: Giles, Hale, Redden, Big O

Fwds: Buddy boy, Pav, Hawkins, J Reiwoldt, Porpaz, Adams, J Cameron, Pfeifer & Treloar.

I am in a bit of trouble here:

1. too many cash cows

2. too much cash in bank ($698k)

3. Team value of $11.3 million

4. After winning the first 3 games in all fives leagues and ranking in the top 1500 my team has been shot.

5. 17 trades remaining.

My tactics were to invest early and once the bye rounds hit i would cash in my cash cows for premium superstars.

Let me know what you think Croucha.

Chris · 16/05/2012 at 05:26

Get rid of of your a rookie forward and bring Ina fwd/midfield player. Eg side bottom or danger field maybe. Chapman or Stevie j maybe

TheCrouchingOne · 16/05/2012 at 06:34

Ahhhhh …. Slipper say me time to flick some GWS. Maybe Trelor to Sidebum up forward, and Bugg to Birchall or, your swing Deledio plan sound good. Slipper say me trade ass off – use two! Slipper also say me you good coach so maybe listening to slipper bloody stupid idea.

One behalf of Slipper of Wisdom, and entire Jock Community, very much Thankyou for sharing – may your trouser be never far from the warm, melted butteriness love of the crumpet.

Welcome.

cookie · 16/05/2012 at 01:47

Hey Jock and team,

i need some serious help, only got 2012 this week and 2 sub 2000 scores the weeks before. Have gone from 5,000 overall to 60,000 overall in 3 weeks.

Heres my team and maybe you could tell me hat to do-

Backs- Deledio, Goddard, Scotland, Birchall, Hargrave, Bugg, Mohr (Morris, Ellis)

Mids- Murphy, Rockliff, Mitchell, Barlow, Priddis, Horsley (Shiel, Pfeiffer)

Ruck- Giles, Naitanui (Redden, Stephenson)

Forwards- Sidebum, Buddy, Martin, Porpoise, Milera, Smith, Adams (Kennedy, Smedts)

What do you think i need to do to improve and become competitive.

Cheers Cookie.

gore · 16/05/2012 at 03:36

wow, this team looks eerily like my own. With all the same issues.

Priddis obv a problem lately, as is NicNat with both Redden and Stephensen not getting a run.

Add to that Murphy and Rocklif fluctuating from week to week between huge scores and utter s***!

Huge problem I'm finding is not having an auto-captain every week ie. Ablett, Pendles, Swan. I avoided those players, as it looks you have but it makes it a guessing game every week.

Is Deledio gonna turn it on again? Is Murphy going to tear GWS a new one (no of course he'll start on the bench).

Add to that a number of these players are performing badly when tagged.

I share your pain.

chimmy chongas · 16/05/2012 at 01:47

Anyone else lost patience with gibbs?

Pales · 16/05/2012 at 02:09

didn't even think of selecting him this year – no longer a DPP…

bosco · 16/05/2012 at 02:34

Finally lost patience this week and brought Ablett back in. was going to persist the whole year with him though his role doesnt seem to be delivering those higher scores he once delivered

jimma · 16/05/2012 at 04:00

Jock and the community, how much job secruity does Lee Spurr have? Will he keep playing and providing me with an emergency backmen? Thanks, Jimma

TheAnointedOne · 16/05/2012 at 09:02

Yep Spurr in Ellis out…

I have Morris/Spurr as back ups now. and more cash to float….

cats2012 · 16/05/2012 at 04:31

Spurr in good bye Ellis

Magner out Sammy mitchell in?

post some comments under this happy to talk about your trade thinking

Alex · 16/05/2012 at 05:54

Thinking a similar thing, but was more tempted to bring in Pav as he is DPP and has a lower BE this week… hoping Mitchell doesn't have a ripper w/e and i can get him at a similar cost next week

Bamboo Bomber · 16/05/2012 at 04:35

Just wanting to see the number of trades remaining / premiums coaches have currently?

And the number of trades / premiums you want to have by before the bye.

JohnnoB · 16/05/2012 at 06:39

Top idea for a thread!

Trades left = 17

Premiums = 18 (including Giles, Clarke and Lake in the 18)

Vince · 16/05/2012 at 08:21

Trades = 17

Bank = $100K

Premiums = 16

Once byes conclude…

Trades = 10

Bank = $50K+

Premiums = 20

robbie · 17/05/2012 at 01:39

16 premiums

16 trades left,

but its my first year, and didn't know the rules!! made 4 trades in the first 2 rounds!!!

cookie · 17/05/2012 at 05:22

Trades left= 14

Premiums= 17

Pretty set for the byes

Alex · 16/05/2012 at 05:50

Really struggling to decide whether to trade out Geary or Bugg to make some cash, looking to bring in Lee Spurr if he is named this week.

Thoughts

Lachie · 16/05/2012 at 06:32

Need some help jock! I have Melksham sitting on the bench and Cooney who i want to trade. I want Stanton so baddd.

Lachie · 16/05/2012 at 07:03

Defenders: Deledio, Fisher(i), Lake, Hardgrave, Mohr, Ellis, Dempsey and Smedts +Golds.

Midfielders: Ablett, Watson, Stanton, Murphy, J Selwood, Sewell and Caddy + Adams.

Rucks: Ryder, Giles and Redden + Stephenson.

Forwards: Dangerfield, Tippet, Porpylizia, Motlop, Martin, Smith, Folau and L Jones + A Hall.

Problem: Midfield is loaded. Got no money left.

Any suggestions?

Stefanaki · 16/05/2012 at 09:39

Move fisher out for spurr to free up some cash to bulk up your fwd line.

Matt · 16/05/2012 at 07:24

Devon smith or kennedy to sidebottom?

Anyone

Vince · 16/05/2012 at 08:15

Flip a coin there….both DPP and very close in terms of cash cow potential with another fortnight of fattening up ahead of them….especially Smith with -23 this week BE

Robbo · 16/05/2012 at 08:18

Devon would be myncall

Jon Jon · 16/05/2012 at 20:56

Neither, let them fatten up a bit first!

Vince · 16/05/2012 at 07:52

Agree with Crouching, Bugg has a BE score of 82 and his avg score is 77. Time to to shake up the can of insect spray and issue Tom his marching orders and upgrade Ellis or Morris so you're not left with too many Tigers in the backline when the byes begin to roll in.

Dools · 17/05/2012 at 01:21

trades left 17

cash 165,000

team score 2180s

my trade for the week Go you Buggthang DEF coupled with D. Sheils MID will get me Jobe Ess and either Spurr Freo or Brennan WC and leave approx 105 in da bank.

Inside talk on Brennan Son of former VC of WC Eagle , Big hitter in side Club Brennan will pla y lots if not injured Torn between which DEF to pick already have 3 Dockers in team but no WC players

Thoughts!

cookie · 17/05/2012 at 05:24

Spurr has better job security- just.

Dools · 18/05/2012 at 00:40

Thanks for the input Cookie I will conclude trade to-day.

Cheers

grovsiey · 18/05/2012 at 03:46

hey guys, i need to know who to get for kerr got about $200,000 in the bank and i dont know wh to get ive got abblet and stuff but i dont know wether to get stanton (ess), pendles (coll) , scotty thompson (adle) or swanny (coll) or any other players you guys suggest please help!

thankyou

Vinnie · 18/05/2012 at 10:33

Swanny at present, I think he's hit another gear and hitting 1506-160s whereas Pendles is coasting at 120s. Can't go wrong with either really

nfl jersey frame · 14/12/2012 at 22:00

Greetings from Ohio! I’m bored at work so I decided to browse your site on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you present here and can’t wait to take
a look when I get home. I’m surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my cell phone .. I’m not even using WIFI, just
3G .. Anyhow, fantastic site!

japan · 31/01/2013 at 04:19

Hi there, I enjoy reading all of your article. I like to write a little
comment to support you.

calvin klein underwear · 07/06/2013 at 01:38

You can certainly see your skills within the article you write.

The world hopes for even more passionate writers such as you who

aren’t afraid to say how they believe. At all times go after your heart.