JOCK’S SUPERCOACH 2012 ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET

**Late edit… Billie Smedts named on the ground for the Catters – his stocks rise**

**Sam Kerridge named emergency for Crows – his stocks fall**

I can see that fans of our collective Supercoach and DT genius are on the right path with their teams in the Oy Jock Rate my Supercoach Team thread. I can’t help but to feel a touch of pride as I observe Fantasy Footy boys become Fantasy Footy men right in front of my eyes. I’m man enough to admit that a tear rolled down my muzz as team after team hit the site in ship shape pre lockout condition. It’s what I live for folks. I’m proud of you all. Keep em coming.

Can also see that many of you nailed a top mix of GWS youth in their teams. But… DONT EASE UP NOW! It’s just the end of the first quarter! Knuckle down, study the cheat sheet, do your research and make sure you go into this weekend with the best bloody rookies going. Those of you who are strugglin for time, another bludgers cheat sheet will hit the site this week so stay tuned.

Remember folks, Green = I’m strongly considering, Orange = worth a thought, Red = I’ll steer clear

Best of luck,

Jock Reynolds

Brenno · 27/03/2012 at 08:34

Still think your missing jacob brennan Jock!

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:35

hahah nice work son 😉

Dean B · 27/03/2012 at 08:40

Have to say Jock, you have helped me great deal. But my wife's not the biggest fan!

Jock · 27/03/2012 at 08:46

Great to hear Dean.. still got a wife? Must be new to the game eh?

Simon · 27/03/2012 at 08:58

Pfieffer, a spud at the Crows and Blues. Has he improved or are we clutching at straws for forward rookie locks?

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:24

Has improved mate, showed a bit toward the end of the NAB and would think he would be in line for some game time with Port… consider him I reckon

Mark · 27/03/2012 at 09:32

Hey Jock,

Hows your final team prep coming before the friday lock out ? Remember a few weeks ago I was talking about having 4 rookie rucks this year. Well i did it have , Giles and Redden starting. Pretty have with Giles 88 , now Redden just needs to perform. Maybe the Gamble has paid off.

What do you think about Marty Clarke ?

Cheers

Mark

Higgo · 27/03/2012 at 10:27

Dear Mark,

I will be releasing an article on this Rookie 4 Ruck option tomorrow.

I will be interested in your feedback.

Regards,

Peter Higginbotham

Mark · 27/03/2012 at 10:35

no worries Higgo, looking forward to the article.

Cheers

Mark

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:25

its up now Mark and she is a corker

Mark · 28/03/2012 at 08:34

Hey Jock,

Just wrote a bit of a Spiel up about the 4 rookie ruck strategy.

Cheers

Mark

Adam · 27/03/2012 at 09:47

Gday Jock… out of 0% to 100% what would you say would be the percentage of risk taken to keep Clifton (GWS) and Darley (GWS) in your side…

Keep up the good work!!

Spifflicator · 27/03/2012 at 23:04

After listening to Sheedy 'On the Couch' last night, I would say there is little (say 25%) risk in keeping both. He has said that this year (and probably next) is about getting minutes of game time into as many players as possible. I have taken this to mean that everyone will get a go, everyone will get a rest from time to time, and maybe only a core of 10-12 players will play more than 14-16 games.

Either or both could well be named for round two, and I wouldn't be trading before then unless you have to cover a donut.

Week 3 when rookies go up in value MAY be the time to trade them if they are still not named to play.

Adam · 28/03/2012 at 00:42

Nothing like peace of mind… Cheers Spiff!!

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:26

Top suff Spiff – wouldn;t be too concerned at all especially with Clifton.. when the lads fall off teh pace he will come in and get stacks of game time… no stress at all

Benjamino · 27/03/2012 at 10:12

Keep up the top work Jock. And keep rating those teams! You'll gain a lot of fans with a lot of connection and communication.

***Also, I must recommend you add a like/dislike button to the comments/posts. This helps immensely and allows for mini polls and a quick representatives of any teams/ideas that we have.

Thanks mate.

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:30

Great feedback there Benjamino, we are rapt with your ongoing participation and the advice you are providing the punters. GREAT STUFF!

LOVE the odea about those button thingoes as well.. I'll look into that one for sure

Thanks again mate

Nathan · 27/03/2012 at 22:56

Hey Jock,

What should we do in the case of Mcdonald, sespended for 2 weeks do we keep him or sell him?, is he going do have futher game time and score us some points.

Cheers

Nathan

Spifflicator · 27/03/2012 at 23:09

I have JMac, and i'll keep him for two reasons.

1. He will play week 4 and many games thereafter and likely score well, and 2. He is a guaranteed cash cow who I will likely MOO around rnds 8-11 before GWS have the bye.

The ONLY reason I would trade him out, is if I have no other way to cover a donut in week 2 or 3.

Nathan · 27/03/2012 at 23:56

cheers for reply mate your right, ive decided to keep him untill gws bye

Superwolf · 28/03/2012 at 01:13

Hey Jock, where's Jamie Cripps gone as a FWD rookie ($162k)? Don't forget about him.

Keep punching Jock!

Wolf

Ezekiel · 28/03/2012 at 01:40

Boyd or Selwood

who should i pick?

Shannon · 28/03/2012 at 02:35

Boyd, leading disposal and contested possesion player in the AFL last year. Reliable!

Dean B · 28/03/2012 at 04:02

Both

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:28

Both are guns.. seriously, if I had to pick.. I'd go Selwood just because I reckon he still has a bit more room to imporve further as bloody scary as that sounds

Clayton · 28/03/2012 at 04:40

Jock – whats your thoughts on J. Redden from the Lions? As a VIC boy we dont hear much about whats happening up north but he looked the goods in the nab cup and I reckon he could take over Rockliff as their #1 scorer. Also thinking he adds a bit of a differentiation aspect as I dont know anyone else having him in their side.

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:29

Nothing wrong with Redden as a selection at all and yes – would make a nice point of difference in your team. Go for it mate 😉

Stoney · 28/03/2012 at 05:37

Jock really need your help here,

Current backline:

Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Birchall, Lake, Clarke, Bugg, Ellis and D7

Need to know who to go considering Morris but that would make 5 rnd 13 byes, was also thinking spurr, yagmoor, l.brown, who do ya think jock???

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:34

Mate when I hear a distress call from one of my flock it just gets the hairs on the back of the neck bristling like a boody warthog… see what I can do mate…

First bit of advice.. forgetthe round 13 byes.. If all goes to play you may have cashed in Morris and Ellis by then anyway, and with the normal cut and thrust of the season your backline is likely to have taken on a whole new shape by then anyway.

You just pick that D7 that you reckon represents the best value mate. My call is Morris.. reckon he'll play… but dont stress about those byes

Stoney · 28/03/2012 at 07:44

thanks jock love ya 🙂 so luke brown off the radar?

Ollie · 28/03/2012 at 06:38

Got rid of Luke Brown I see? What are your thoughts on him?

Jock · 28/03/2012 at 07:35

Yes mate – he got king hit my some mongrel in a nightclub and didn;t play a game in the NAB, would be pretty unlikely to get a gig early doors but will be looking for him as a prime downgrade target. Great talent he is.

Ollie · 28/03/2012 at 07:49

Alright cheers Jock! who do you think would be a good replacement for him.I already have Ellis, Bugg and Morris…

Baz · 28/03/2012 at 08:19

Who to choose??

Boyd or Dal Santo

Ezekiel · 28/03/2012 at 20:05

Boyd for sure

Jacob Cecil · 28/03/2012 at 23:27

Are we still on for shiel from gws?

cookie · 29/03/2012 at 06:15

hey jock,

ive got pfieffer and kerridge in my forward line, if both play, would do you think will be the higher scorer.

Also got 3 rookies in ruck- redden, stephenson, giles. should i stick with nataunui or go another rookie.

Cheers

Cookie

Carey · 30/03/2012 at 03:59

Hi Jock! I absolutely love your website, and al the tips that are on it…I have one quick question, though.

For my rucks, I have McEvoy, Redden, Giles, and Stephenson in my team.

I am happy with the 1 premium to 3 rookie strategy, however, I am wondering if I should trade McEvoy in for Leuenberger? I have 73 k left in the kitty.

Any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks Jock 🙂

MJ · 30/03/2012 at 11:05

morris or elis anybody … 50 and 30 odd .. glad the two of them were on the bench 😀 morris to mohr before round three for sure

Dylan · 30/03/2012 at 18:07

Good morning all! Who would you pick out of these forwards? I need two for my bench. Saad, paine, hall, Weedon, dickson

Will probably drop Saad considering he is not named this week, and unsure on paine's JS…

Cheers, and let the games/endless hours of tinkering begin!!

tom · 30/03/2012 at 20:45

who should be my vice captain goddard or dal santo

Matt · 11/04/2012 at 01:16

Thinking of getting rid of Robbie Gray for Chapman or Hawkins, which one would you buy?

Im thinking these 2 because Geelong have a pretty easy run in the next 5 games.

Also is it wise to get rid of Puopolo who is injury prone and pick up Dempster?

Matt · 11/04/2012 at 08:48

Sorry Dempsey from Essendon

wikimommy.com · 20/01/2013 at 01:17

I am starting a new online website directory and was wondering
if I can submit your blog? I’m trying to mature my directory gradually by hand so that it retains quality. I will make sure and put your website in the correct category and I’ll also use, “ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET v6 – Life after GWS” as
your anchor text. Please be sure to let me know if this is
okay with you by contacting me at: [email protected]
com. Cheers

Abrakaq · 21/07/2013 at 04:33

if I can submit your blog? I'm trying to mature my directory gradually by hand so that it retains quality. I will make sure and put your website in the correct category and I'll also use, "ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET v6 – Life after GWS" as
A good point but I don't agree with that.. http://perfect-essays.net