JOCK’S SUPERCOACH 2012 ROOKIE CHEAT SHEET  <<click here!!!

Been involved in the Fantasy Footy caper for many years folks. Tell ya what though.. doesn’t matter how many preseasons I go through I can’t help but be filled with nervous anticipation during this period in which we all need to nail our final teams.

Peter Higginbotham and I disagreed on the merits of having 3-4 GWS lads in your team in our latest podcast which went up last night. Now while I reckon Higgo is being too conversative on his GWS rookies I’ve gotta warn you all…. please.. for gods sake.. don’t get sucked into the trap of whacking 8 GWS rookie lads into your team just because they’ll be named for round 1. Yep.. we’ll all see the GWS and Sydney teams named during the week and you’ll need to pick the GWS rookies you want in your starting lineup before the partial round 1 lockout this Saturday. Be disciplined folks. Who remembers Relton Roberts?

Hope this new rookie cheat sheet helps. Remember folks, Green = I’m strongly considering, Orange = I’m also considering, Red = I’ll steer clear

And again, we are so bloody happy to have taken our little Tuesday night 7pm @ Hungry Jacks Fantasy Footy Community onto the wide world interweb this year. Face Book, Twitter, Blogs… all mind blowing stuff and fair dunkum lovin it.

Jock Reynolds

Perthwildcat · 20/03/2012 at 09:15

Jock, you're a bloody legend.

Thanks

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 09:20

Cheers Wildcat! No dramas at all mate

Abe · 21/03/2012 at 02:35

Hey Jock sorry to be a bother again mate, but I could use some advice about my rucks: Atm i have Naitanui and Mummy, can you see Naitanui being top 5 at the end of the season with cox's load in the ruck decreasing and nats increasing?? or should I upgrade Mummy to Mcevoy or Leuenberger, i have the cash for it btw 🙂

Abe · 21/03/2012 at 02:37

i mean Naitanui to Mcevoy or Leuenberger

Dwaino · 21/03/2012 at 07:37

I've gone Nicnat too. Bloke is a freak. If for some reason he's having a horrible time in the ruck due to having the squirts or something else extreme, at least you can bet on him running rings around the opposition up forward. Similar reason to keep Kreuzer in mind.

Dwaino · 20/03/2012 at 09:31

Thanks for the update mate. I'm seriously torn between Stephenson and Longer. On draft night, I thought Longer was about to break out in song and dance when he was talking. Looked like a completely different bloke in the Nob Cup and looks to get some early game time at the Lions. Stephenson looked pretty average to me all preseason except for a step up in the final game. Just seems like that as soon as Stephenson goes a bit average then West will come in and take over. AAAAAAAAAAAARRGGHHH!!

Dwaino · 20/03/2012 at 09:38

Sorry to double post, just went over it again and saw Shiels. I was also over this fella like a cheap suit a while back but fell off after I read this:

It's just one article, but Treloar and Shiels with interrupted preseasons. As good as they are, I'm stand off'ish in case they need to work their way back in considering the amount of young blokes they have to cycle through. I understand they've got Miles in there and he had a ripper on the weekend, but I'm going in somewhat conservative.

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 09:43

Yeah was all over him as well early but talk of him in a big Moon boot in NAB 1 was a bit of a bummer.. Howeber he got through 75% game time in the 2's over the weekend and was excellent from all reports. Would be a gutsy call naming him in your rd 1 team when he likely won't be names but just reckon he might be worth the risk…

Ben · 20/03/2012 at 10:45

Love ur work Jock…. Been a bit of a wait through this pre-season but we r nearly there!!!! Ur sheets have been an amazing help so let the games begin mate!!! Cheers

Felton · 20/03/2012 at 17:58

Let the gamesssss begin!!! I can't wait

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 23:36

No worries at all Ben! Thanks for joinin in mate:)

JVC · 20/03/2012 at 11:08

Jock, you are a legend mate !! – hey as a long time Blues supporter anyone ever say you look like Phil Maylin ?

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 23:35

Good luck to those Blue Baggers this season mate.. gotta be your time in the sun eh? Not much buzz on Maylin gotta say 🙁

Dave · 20/03/2012 at 15:24

Cheers Jock luv your work as usual, Whats your thoughts on Sam Shaw from Adelaide???

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 23:39

Gday Dave – not on my radar at the minute mate – got any juice on him?

OJ · 20/03/2012 at 20:43

Jock,

Shiel or Coniglio?

Weedon or Kerridge?

Clay Smtih or Stevens?

OJ · 20/03/2012 at 20:45

And what about Luke Brown? I can't get the guts to put him in when he hasn't played a NAB game…

OJ · 20/03/2012 at 20:46

And also what are your thoughts on Caddy from Gold Coast?

MJ · 21/03/2012 at 00:43

Shiel, Kerridge, Smith

Lee · 24/03/2012 at 12:14

coniglio is going to be a gun, 80+ most weeks i tip… get on him

Baz · 20/03/2012 at 22:06

Hi when i try to open the link it will just enter into a blank screen. Tried different browsers too?

Anyone know how to make it work?

Cheers

Jeffro Jones · 20/03/2012 at 23:33

The cheat sheets are in .PDF format, meaning you need the free Acrobat Reader and/or the free Acrobat Reader Plugin for your browser to read them. If you have Acrobat Reader installed, and there is still a browser problem, try "right clicking" the link, and choose "save file as", to download it and view it on your computer.

hope this helps m8 🙂

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 23:37

good stuff Jeffro!

Tony · 20/03/2012 at 22:21

Jock – you guys are doing a sensational job – thanks. Anybody got an opinion on whether to pick Marty Clarke or Cam Guthrie??

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 23:38

Thanks Tony! Lineball.. but if I had to pick today I'd go with Marty Clarke.. the club is very keen to get him up and running in that ex Leion Davis role and his progress in the preseason after injury while slow was in the right direction… better job security than Guthrie for mine as well

Emre · 20/03/2012 at 22:44

Hey Jock great work, do u think M.Baguley from Essendon will get early games?

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 23:39

He was tops vs the weagles I think it was early in the NAB but dropped of the radar.. would look elsewhere but a top prospect as a midseason option

Jock · 20/03/2012 at 23:56

Dazzlin Darren Pfeiffer just elevated off the rookie list…. a more solid rookie mid option now you would have thought!

MJ · 21/03/2012 at 00:32

He's locked in the forward line Jock .. just threw away the key 🙂

Dwaino · 21/03/2012 at 07:25

He's still about 4th or 5th in the pecking order for a role, especially with inclusions like McCarthy and Ebert who would of been recruited to play. Just keep a book mark on Pfeiffer for a delayed berth in case some of the other SC prospects don't work out I reckon.

MJ · 21/03/2012 at 00:37

Jock, No mention of Lee Spur in your latest list. I have to say I have him in my team at the minute and he might even get a place on the field .. had a good game on the wknd. A little worried on elis's scoring potential, a lock for game time yes but only 59SC pts on the wknd .. Spur might end up a better scorer !! Just a though anyway

Dwaino · 21/03/2012 at 07:10

Freo fans on bigfooty reckon Pearce will get the promo ahead of Spurr since he's dropped off the radar.

Tim · 21/03/2012 at 01:02

Hey Jock could you have a olook at my team and give me some feed back

BACKLINE: Goddard, Scottland, Deledio, lake, Dempsey,

Marty Clarke, Beau Wilkes, Mohr, Bugg

MIDFIELD: Pendles, Ablett, MArc Murphy, Priddis,

Wingard, Shiel, A kennedy, Magner

RUCKS: Mummy, H-Mac, Giles, Redden

FORWARDS: Buddy, Goodes, Fyfe, Dangerfield,

Devon Smith, Zorko, Smedts, Sam Rowe, Aaron Hall

Superwolf · 21/03/2012 at 02:30

Hey Jock,

Myself and a mate have started up a new website to cover all things fantasy footy, punting, media and basically anything to do with AFL. We’ve already given Jock Reynolds a plug on our first podcast and will be referring to you guys a lot during the year during our ‘SuperCoach Match Committee’ segment. Hopefully you don't mind the free plug here on your site.

Cheers, keep up the good work.

Superwolf

KONGYYY · 21/03/2012 at 03:55

Any other news on elevations??

Dilen9 · 21/03/2012 at 04:35

Jock, what do you reckon about josh caddy for GWS, reckon he is a breakout contender? By the way, love your work

Aaron · 21/03/2012 at 05:10

Luke Brown, Jock? I know you liked him before but I don't know about him now that he hasn't had any game time in the NAB…

fitzy · 21/03/2012 at 05:14

lee spur not elevated off rookie list as yet

Jacob Cecil · 21/03/2012 at 05:20

What about Lachie spurr(freo) and Luke brown(ade.) in your backs! Worth a punt old jock?

Sammy Winter · 21/03/2012 at 06:17

Come on guys join my league Future Kings only a couple more spots remaining!!!

The code is 498459.

Hope to see you there!!!

Blake · 21/03/2012 at 06:57

Hey Jock, whats your opinion on 4 rookie rucks? Giles, Stephenson, Redden and Longer?

Sammy Winter · 21/03/2012 at 08:32

Extremely Risky

But would work great if they all made money and played most games.

tom · 21/03/2012 at 23:43

RATE MY TEAM PLEASE

Defenders- b.goddard g.birchall p.duffield m.clarke J.drummond b.lake r.hargrave BENCH b.ellis l.brown

Midfield- d.swan h.scottland s. burgoyne l.hayes s.coniglio j.mcdonald BENCH d.shiel j.magner

Ruck- h.mcintosh j.giles BENCH j redden o.stephenson

Forward- l.franklin t.cloke b.harvey d.martin p.dangerfield a.christensen. d.smith BENCH a.kennedy t.couch

You are a stinking B · 23/03/2012 at 00:09

Jock….You are a stinking Bogan. Do you live in Carrum Downs?

Sammy Winter · 23/03/2012 at 07:16

One spot remaining in my league. The code is 498459. See you there!!!

Greg aloin · 25/03/2012 at 02:53

Do you think matt suckling is worth getting or Jed adcock

aaron · 26/03/2012 at 22:38

Hey Jock,

Your rookie predictions seem on the money. Unfortunately, I found this site too late and need a hand with my rookie forwards. Need to fill 3 rookie forward spots (GWS players are out):

1. Dickson, Kerridge and ??? (smedts is in defence)?

Who do you reckon? (Cheers mate)

Eleeas3 · 09/07/2013 at 10:20

A good point but I don't agree with that.. domyessayforme