2 players listed as Forwards in Supercoach for season 2012 averaged above 100 in 2011. Just the 2. Forwards who can bust out midfield like scores are rare as hens teeth and need to be snaffled up.
In each and every season between 2005 and 2010 Nick Riewoldt averaged at least 107 Supercoach points. We could chew the fat till blue in the face about the life, times, genitals and underperformance of Riewoldt in 2011. The fact is that a rabid competitor like Nick will not let what happened on field in 2011 happen again in 2012.
Must admit that I took some time to decide on Riewoldt as Jocks lock #6 – some points had me scratching the muzz;
- His 2011…
- He will turn 30 during the season
- The feeling that his best might just be behind him
- Durable but when he goes down he goes down good and proper
But the following points have gotten the big blond champ across the line for mine;
- Cheap as Chips. At just $472,400 in Supercoach and $416,700 in Dreamteam you can’t go wrong
- A Rare Forward. Should score enough to see him finish in the top handful of Forward line scorers for the season
- Freshened Up and Fit. The feeling in the guts that Scotty Watters will really spark Nick again, and also his dodgy knee will be aok
- Durable(ish): Aside from 2010 when he ripped his hammy off the bone his other past 5 seasons have yielded 20+ games
He stuffed my Supercoach and Dreamteam teams last year but I’ll be keeping the faith with the champion Saint. What do you reckon folks – will St Nick be coming down your Supercoach and Dreamteam chimneys in AFL season 2012?
(PS – listened to the podcasts yet? They are goin off like a frog in a sock. You can listen here or search for Jock Reynolds on iTunes)