Every year we get the same old articles telling us that a player is ready for some more midfield time during the next season. Over the years we have learnt to take these articles with a massive sack of salt. Most of the time these stories amount to nothing in the cut and thrust of the season proper.
Now call me a crazy old Galah but I don’t think that we can think the same about the mighty Tiger superstar Brett Deledio. My first thought was that Brett would be tagged to buggery even if he did get a regular go in the guts – but I’ve had a rethink. Dustin Martin. Trent Cotchin. Nathan Foley. Suddenly the opposition coaches have some other Tiger headaches to worry about and maybe Brett the Jet will get a free run of things…
Aside from this speculation the stats are sound..
- Reliable as buggery: Has played 22 games in each of the last 4 seasons
- Proven Scorer: 102, 103, 102 and 105 Supercoach average in his last 4 seasons… some of these included very lean patches early in his seasons.
- Ready to emerge: I have a massive feeling in the waters that the Tigers will unleash the full fury of Deledio in 2012. With some genuine chop outs in the midfield he is ready to blitz.
- Prime Time: He is 24 – ready for a serious Prime. His body has been well preserved lurking round the backline. Look out. This Tiger is about to Roar.
- Backline Bandit Having a backline player racking up midfield points for your team is dellliiicioussss