In our first podcast Peter “Higgo” Higginbotham crunched some numbers. Matt Priddis came out as one of the midfielders that we all should whack into our teams next year. Now Higgo is a maths nerd, I love the bloke, but we don’t always agree. But in this case there’s no option but to lock this one in kids – Priddis will be my first picked in 2012.
This bouncy haired ball magnet from the West has slipped under my guard a bit in recent seasons but Higgo’s numbers now speak too loudly to ignore. All boxes are ticked;
- No long stints on the sidelines – 22, 18, 20, 19, 22 games in his first 5 full season
- Bloody consistent – one of only 4 players in 2011 to not score less than 80
- Still improving – In the last 5 seasons in SC he has averaged 90, 96, 104, 109 then 114 in 2011
- In a team on the rise – love the way the Weagles are coming along
- Is a good bloke – Important in my selection regime, I like following the good guys
Now he will come with a fair price tag (up around the 600k mark) so you wouldn’t call this man a bargain – but I fancy my chances of grabbing some of the other gun midfielders during the season while they are on a downer. The thing with young Priddis is that he doesn’t have any downers so just go ahead – set and forget folks.
There are 9 of these to come before the AFL Dreamteam and Supercoach seasons kick off so stay tuned.
So what do you reckon – will the man with the Pears Hair get a gig in your team in 2012?