SuperCoach Team Reveal: Kev

We’re almost there folks! Round 1 is less than a week away. Until then we’ve got a few more days of insecurity and panic trades until our SuperCoach teams are locked for 2019. I feel like my team has run the full gauntlet of structures this year. It started out as a strict guns n rookies side, the tried and tested format to the promised land, but as more and more dreaded midpricers put their hand up over the preseason my team became overrun with risk.

There’s a lot of temptation this year and I’ve tried not to fall to far into it. I’m a bit pressed for time getting this out so what I’ll do is whack my full team up and give a few musings behind what I’ve done.

Defence

Was big on Adelaide’s Rory Laird for about 90% of the preseason, but the Laird/Smith/Milera combo has been playing on my mind. 587k is a lot to pay for a D1 and there are too many questions marks there. I’ll wait and see how it shakes out and opt for Jake Lloyd’s consistency instead. Jayden Short is my breakout pick. It’s risky, but his long kicking and distribution off half back is made for SuperCoach. Zac Williams looked amazing in JLT1, he’s done enough for me. Rookies are fairly standard, D4 has been Ridley at times but with a few to come back his job security might get a bit shaky. I really wanted Hurn this year, but I’ve got enough round 13 bye players already.

Midfield

Both Cripps and Macrae are ball magnets and contested beasts. Macrae is a probably a touch overpriced but he can bang out 140’s with ease. My love of Nat Fyfe is well documented. I can’t overlook him at 22% owned. He’s a proven performer that doesn’t need to play preseason games to impress the pants off me (both literally and figuratively)

The time and space the 6-6-6 rule is affording midfielders is tailor made for Dusty, don’t let his preseason put you off. Matt Crouch looks shockingly underpriced if his body stays in one piece. Sam Walsh is impossible to ignore after his preseason. Would have left nothing out there and there’s no way his role will change during the year.

Rucks

Not overthinking it. No one will come within a cooee of these two this year. Sweet is there as a floating donut.

Forwards

Ugh. Worst line ever. Danger and Heeney haven’t moved all preseason but then it’s a lottery.

I’ve eventually landed on Mitch Robinson. I know, I know, but I have my reasons. He had 14 80+ scores last year (6 tons), and a further 3 more between 70-79. In his injury affected 2017, 5/6 games were over 80. Lions should be on the up this year. Of course if he starts tagging duties again I’ll drop him like a hot potato but until then I’ll take the punt.

I don’t particularly want Darcy Moore in my team, in fact I’ll probably rage trade him after round 4, but he offers that DEF/FWD swing that I found really useful last year. Setterfield and Drew are the pick of the forward rookie bunch and should be in lots of teams.

Final thought: I’ve tried to build my team with the byes in mind, round 12 premiums will be the focus of any early trading.

Sound off with your own teams or thoughts on mine in the comments, community. Would love to know what you think

1. Harry says:

Loving the team, I'm running the same structure this year. Will be interesting to see how the backline points are distributed at Adelaide. Can't help but feel Matt Crouch is gonna have a big season as well…

2. Lekdog says:

Well, well, well. I’m not allowed Rich but you can pick Robbo? We will be discussing this.

3. Dave says:

Is it crazy to consider not starting Laird or Lloyd? Even though they'll be both top 6 DEF. I've got Hurn, Williams, B.Smith then rookies. Not many FWD rookies this year so have spent my money their instead.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Not crazy as avoiding forward rooks gives your team a nice POD edge. Although if you're targeting cheaper defenders I'd target those that have a high ceiling. Whitfield, Crisp, hell even Heath Shaw if you're feeling brave enough

4. Rivo says:

Nice Kev. Risky back line to get Crouch in the midfield. Don’t like Moore, but Robinson could finish in top 10 forwards. Does Sweet R3 loop,work any better than Bines?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Not super thrilled with Short at D2, easier pill to swallow when you're a Tigers supporter 😝

Dogs have a combined 17 games on either Saturday night, Sunday, or Monday. Eagles have 14.

• Rivo says:

Excellent point on R3 Kev – thanks! I like Short also but have opted for Laird at D2 while rolling the dice on Libba at M5. Heaven help me!

5. Teddy021 says:

Solid team, Kev! Matt Crouch has been in and out of my team so many times I've lost count!

6. DBrown says:

Hey guys, would love some opinions on my team as it stands. Serious concerns about Pierce in the ruck but thought it could be a risk worth taking to go a bit deeper across the board but I'm losing a lot of sleep over it haha. So here it is –
    B – Laird, MIlls, Z Williams, B Smith, D Moore, J Clark (Scrimshaw, Duursma)
    M – Macrae, Cripps, J Kelly, M Crouch, A Brayshaw, Libba, Walsh, Butters (Constable, B Scott, Gibbons)
    R – Goldy, Pierce (Clarke)
    F – Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, McCarthy, Setterfield, Drew (Burgess, Parker)

Thanks in advance xx

• nickgonzalez771 says:

The rest of my team is almost identical, but I just feel like you're not better off having Pierce in the ruck considering he'll share the load with Longer this season. Plus I think you'll have more mid-pricers to offload who are likely to get injured.

I would personally get Ridley in for Smith and take out Libba to secure Grundy. Thoughts?

• DBrown says:

Don't mind that, I like your thinking. Ridley has the job security until Hooker comes back at least and with Daniher dead for a little while longer Ridley should be safe for a while you think?

• NoLanguage96 says:

Ridley looks solid and with Daniher out only locks him in further. Should play till the bye I reckon

7. Carmine says:

I have smith laird and Milera in my back is that two much to have from one team in there and who should I take out and replace?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Yeah, not a fan of all 3 in there, Carmine. Milera probably the odd man out but could be an awesome POD if it clicks for him

8. Cody says:

What’s your thoughts on J.Kelly?

9. Aaron says:

Brodie smith and Grundy or Goldstein and crisp

10. TommyC99 says:

Pick 2 out of Neale, Fyfe, Oliver? Havn't had Fyfe all pre season but in an interview he's said hes more focused on durability this year, and getting through 22 games. Thinking of going Fyfe over Neale after his handball happy outing in JLT 2.

11. Banga says:

What is everyones thoughts on Collins? Does his inflated price tag make him a less worthy pick? Got 2 spots to fill between Collins, Duursma and Clark.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Banga, he's got rock solid job security, not sure about the other two.
      Collins is a good intercept mark too.

12. KSinny says:

Thoughts on my team everyone?

DEF: Whitfield, Witherden, Williams, Collins, Scrimshaw, Clark (Duursma, Hore)

MID: Macrae, Cripps, Cogs, Dusty, M. Crouch, Libba, Walsh, Butters (Constable, Scott, Atkins)

RUC: Grundy, Gawn (Schlensog)

FWD: Danger, Heeney, Worpel, Setterfield, Drew, Petruccelle (Burgess, Parker)

Not sure on Grundy and Gawn, might go Gawn to Goldstein and Worpel to someone else but not sure atm.

• Derek says:

I like Mundy or TKelly at F3. Both should get plenty of midfield and reasonably priced for potential top 6 forwards

I would keep Gawn and down grade Macrae, get Macrae later, if you start with Holdy your never getting Gawn.

Macrae to Merrett similar to Gawn to Goldy

• Sam_01 says:

Not enough upside for worp at his pricetag I don’t think can’t see him averaging over 90 probably 80-85 which won’t be enough for cash gen and won’t be enough as a top fwd
        Just my opinion, maybe go to Greene or Moore although they have injury risk I reckon they have much better value as far as cash gen and points
        Just my opinion

• Sharkmove_King says:

Worpel @F3 must go up, not down. I'd do either Witherden to Smith or Libba down to a rookie

13. KeenButClueless says:

Job security for rookies is a guessing game at best, but I feel from your list that Drew and Clark are the most vulnerable. I think your team can handle one, but not two, disappearing. Because of this I am trying to have one less rookie on field. All the best this year Kev

• SC_Kev7 says:

Thanks, Keen. Fair point. Maybe not the best year for a gnr lineup. We’ll see what curveballs team drops throw at me

14. Sixtybloody6 says:

What are you doing with the 400k you've got left over? Could have 31 players maybe?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Sixty pls, I’ve got 7/10 highest priced players. It’s no where near 400k leftover 🙄

15. George S says:

Much love out there for Worpel as a forward- will be a prime part of the hawthorn midfield this year

16. NoLanguage96 says:

Is Collins essential? Didn't see any of his JLT just seems like a lot for GC rook. Currently have Ridley, Duursma, Scrimshaw and Clark

• Sharkmove_King says:

I think it depends how deep you go in defence. If you only have 3 players more expensive than him (in defence) I think hes essential at F4. If you have 4 more expensive, I don't think he's essential at F5

• NoLanguage96 says:

Cheers mate. Yeah Ridley is my D5 so I think I'm gonna leave Collins out. Hope it doesn't come back to bite me

17. KeenButClueless says:

have reached close to a settled lineup

def. Hurn Mills Williams Smith Scrimshaw Duursma (Burgess Hore)
    Mid. MacRae Cripps Fyfe Martin Crouch Walsh Butters Scott ( Constable Akin Gibbons)
    Ruck Grundy Gawn (Bines)
    Fwd Danger Heeney Lycett Moore Setterfield Balta (Petrucelle Parker)

I really aimed to have only 7 rookies onfield because I think Drew and Clark might give way to Wines and Tuohy.
    I can get them in as a round 3 correction if needed

I am backing Lycett as a crucial buy. Just got the feeling that if the big rucks miss a week or two along the way, he could be the difference. I also hope he can be a genuine F6.

I am not sure on Moore, but Derek’s bullishness gives me confidence. It could have been Coniglio Greene instead of MacRae Moore. Still a toss up, but MacRae is more bye friendly.

Other toss up is Fyfe versus Oliver. Fyfe is more bye friendly, and if he really fires up has a greater risk of being unobtainable than Oliver.

I have been changing a lot during preseason. Have had Williams at D1 at one stage, libba Cousins Walsh M6-8. Even had Fort at F2, then Lycett! My only other regret is to no run Tex Walker as a potential Bruyn Manoeuvre. I know I am relatively cookie cutter, which frankly is a little reassuring. Hoping the small nuances like 7 rookies, bye planning and ruck insurance can make the difference.

Good luck everyone

• Derek says:

Good team.

Even though I love Mills, I can’t fit him in. Got him in a couple of Drafts. I want him to kill it, but I’m going to watch for now.

If you are going Lycett, have you thought about starting him at R2, letting you trade in Gawn a bit later for a bit cheaper. With your swing sets, you could trade pretty much any player to Gawn. Save some cash. Let’s you get Coniglio at M6 and Green at F3.

I think Moore will do ok. If he gets injured he is an easy trade. However, he is the first to go if I need some cash

• Derek says:

The Lycett move to R2, will depend on your cash. Might have to be Grundy out.

Effectively, Grundy to Greene, swing Lycett to ruck. Gives you extra $360k. Walsh at $207k will get you to $567k. Do you have $20k in the kitty?

Or you keep Walsh and up Butters to Merrett at M6.

• KeenButClueless says:

Thanks Derek. I tried Mundy and Greene (Moore out) I had about 80k left, which wasn’t enough to take Mills to a premium. If I could have got Mills to a premium, then it would definitely be worth it. I will play with some options and see if I can make it work. Might be Walker instead of Greene, and I might be able to take Mills to Crisp.

18. WinnerzRGrinnerz says:

With Morris doing his knee, what are everyone’s thoughts on English at R2 given Trengove will probably be used down back now?

• Russty_ says:

I think he could do well Winnerz, would be a big load on him though, wonder if they'd bring Sweet in to help cover?

• Derek says:

Don’t say that. I love my risky R2, don’t need any temptation

• WinnerzRGrinnerz says:

Cheers boys. I’d been so set on Goldy at R2 all pre season but Morris out is making me really reconsider English. Kid can play just needs sufficient opportunity. Frees up cash that allows you to go deeper on the other lines where I just don’t feel comfortable in the rookies getting consistent games this year.

• Derek says:

English R2 and Seeet R3 in case

• WinnerzRGrinnerz says:

Damn it Derek I was hoping someone would talk me out of this! Aha cheers mate! Gotta risk it to get the biscuit though I suppose

• Northerner says:

That extra $380k down to English would do a lot in other lines. However you can’t afford to take injury risk in your rucks and I’m concerned English has only just put all this weight on and there’s no certainty he can handle the circa 12 games straight you’ll need from him. A rest in week 5 would be a disaster. When I took Witts at R2 a few years back I built my team with a solid R2 and then kept the extra cash on bench. If you did that, you could then go Clark to say Hurn if English works and Clark gets dropped.

• Derek says:

I’ve never gone to premium rucks. This year I will. The top 2 are so much ahead of the rest.

Only though would be how to get them cheaper. Start English or Lycett and trade in once they have fallen in price?

Problem with that;

They might not fall

Which one do you not pick, Grundy or Gawn

Start using extra trades

Lose points, especially as a C pick

You spend a lot of time watching games from behind the couch

19. COREYSC says:

Current concerns would have to be not having Gawn and whether I should downgrade Macrae To an underpriced premium or T.Kelly downgrade to Greene to get him or stick with Goldy and whether I am running to thin in the forward line with 3 onfield rookies although I believe at this stage nobody reliable has put their hand up!

16K In Bank

Lloyd, Hurn, Z.Williams, B.Smith, Scrimshaw, Clark (Duursma, Hore)

Macrae, Cripps, Neale, D.Martin, M.Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable
    (B.Scott, Atkins, Gibbons)

Grundy, Goldstein (Schlensog)

Dangerfield, Heeney, T.Kelly, Setterfield, Drew, Petruccelle (Balta, Parker)

Thoughts on my team community?

• Derek says:

Macrae to Sloane or Merrettt gets you to Gawn.

Don’t think you gain much in points or value.

Only difference, if you start with Goldy you stay with Goldy. You can still get Macrae later as an upgrade. Over whole season, the difference might be a fair bit.

• COREYSC says:

Cheers Derek, is the forwardline ok? Structure wise?
        Could a T.Kelly to Greene be a good move or just too much risk to go Goldy to Gawn

• Derek says:

Greene st F3 is too much risk. If he is managed or gets injured early, you can’t go to a premium, you can only go down, leaving you a lot of work and trades to get a decent F3.

Kelly, Mundy or Dunkley are all good F3’s. Forwards who are really midfielders. Greene is your F4.

To get Gawn, it’s either Macrae to a value premium or Lloyd to Witherden/ Mills type.

If you thinks Goldy can be as good as Gawn, stick with it.

20. Gibbs says:

Thoughts on Aaron Vandenberg as an f4? 280 k, 107 in jlt could be a nice little pod!

• DavidC says:

No Viney or Nathan Jones, doubt he gets that midfield minutes in the real gig.

• Sharkmove_King says:

Rule #34 aka The Houlihan Rule

Never start a player over 200k who could get dropped. It's bad enough dealing with injuries and rookies being dropped

21. Baz says:

thoughts on billings v greene at F4 instead of a D4?

• JohnDJ59 says:

I'm trying to go with a midpricer at F4 over one at D4, I am happier with the rookies in defence. Defence rookies could be any off Ridley, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma, Hore, even Moore if you want.

22. BoltonsBlues says:

I've run the same setup in supercoach for the last 5 years since i started playing it, seems to work best for me, nothing really ballsy this year, cookie cutter she will be

Lloyd, Laird, Newman, Rozee, Collins, Quaynor (Hore, Wilkie)
    Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Dusty, MCrouch, Walsh, Stocker, Bewley (Constable, Atkins, Gibbons)
    Grundy, Goldy (Sweet)
    Danger, Smith, Heeney, Setterfield, Drew, Balta (Petrucclle, Parker)

72k in reserve, thoughts?

23. Northerner says:

I could just about fill my whole team with Rd13 players. Going to be tough to navigate that round this year.

• Sharkmove_King says:

For me it's:
      Defence & Midfield= Round 14
      Rucks & Forwards=Round 13

Even the few premiums I do like from Round 12 seem to be better upgrade targets due to price or role uncertainty

• COREYSC says:

For myself I won’t worry about the byes first my starting side, but prioritise my Trades from round 7 onwards to trade in r12 and r14 players

24. kevwal says:

Thanks for the reveal Kev7, I have the same structure, 3-5-2-3. Once you decide, like I have, that Grundy/Gawn will be 1/2 and unlikely to come down to 600k, then one line HAS to contain a couple of mid-pricers, this year Def. Mills and Williams (they are keepers). Macrae and Cripps will not drop below 600k either, just too hard to get before the byes. The next three mid premos will always come down to personal preference to start the season. Mitch, what a POD. I've gone Westhoff as a back-up for Grundy's toe. Being a West Aussie, have taken Marsh over Clark, very hungry and nobody to replace him. Good luck for the season mate. As an aside Kev7, not sure Bewly gets a gig, be happy if he does.

25. Tony says:

Backs -R.laird,l.whitfield,z.williams,a.mcgrath,j.schrimshaw,d.joyce(j.clarke,t.wats. mids – p.cripps,d.martin,j.omera,p.crouch,t.rockliff,d.sheed,t.liberatore,m.walsh ( c.constable,i.irvine, l.foley) rucks – s.martin, t.goldstein ( z.clarke) forwards – d.smith,d.mundy,d.armatige,t.greene,d.moore,w.setterfield,(c.burgess,n.balta )

26. Kevin says:

Can any one explain to me what a floating donut is. Totally confused. Thanks in advanced

• Russty_ says:

The term ‘floating doughnut’ refers to the concept of sacrificing 1 of your 30 spots on your fantasy team, for a player that will feature as remotely as possible and for the player to be part of a team that will generally feature in the latter parts of the round, preferably Sundays.
      The main purpose of this player is so he can be used as your “captains loophole”. So if you whack your vice captain on a player playing on either the Friday or Saturday that you think will score a whopping score and if he does, you can substitute your floating doughnut on, and put the captains armband on him to ensure that your vice captain gets the double points.

Also known as a permanent loophole Kevin…Patrick Bines would be a good example.

• KeenButClueless says:

And don’t forget to whack the E on the player on the bench.

So if you have Grundy Gawn and Bines. You can put VC on Grundy. If he goes big, you bring Bines into R2 and Gawn into R3. You put the C on Bines and the E on Gawn.

The other use of a floating donut is what TopHawk is doing. Let’s say you have Petrucelle and Parker on your forward bench. You put a non playing rookie in F6. Put the E on Parker. If Parker does good, do nothing. You get Parker’s score. If Parker does no good you switch Petrucelle to F6 and your non playing rookie to the bench. It works good on the forward line where those rookies can go wildly one way or the other. The decision is whether you give up cash generation if you have too many non scoring rookies.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Keen are you doing an extra donut this year?..I reckon i'll just do Bines as I don't want to miss out on the cash generation.
          I've got my fwd line with Setterfield as the only onfield rook there.

• KeenButClueless says:

Thinking about it Russty. If I run Setterfield at F6, then I might put Moquito in the mids. If my forward bench E scores well, bring Mosquito down and run Setterfield as M8. Woosha has said he expects Mosquito to get a run mid season, so it might be worth it.

• Lazza says:

And…. as you gett to the finals… it is useful to have a donut player on each line .. during finals time your 2nd bench player is a waste of funds.. use him to get the best of your D6 and D7 for example

27. Andy says:

Goldstein and Macrae or Grundy and Brayshaw?

28. The mighty wokkas says:

So this is my current team

Def: Lloyd, Williams, Smith, Scrimshaw, Clark, Duursma (Burgess, Hore)

Mid: Macrae, Cripps, Neale, Yeo, M Crouch, Walsh, Butters, Constable (Scott, Atkins, Gibbons)

Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Greene, Setterfield, Drew (Balta, Petrucelle)

I could downgrade Dunkley to billing’s and therefore upgrade burgess to Collins. Thoughts?

• The mighty wokkas says:

Sorry and my rucks are Grundy and Gawn

• Coz311 says:

I like actually like Smith at D3 even though it's risky, you've convinced me. Also have Greene at D4 which is why I needed to move Laird to Smith.

29. magic mullet says:

do I turn cousins and Steele into 2 of rocky/sheed/b crouch and downgrade collins to a lower price rookie

big gamble but could pay off

• Russty_ says:

Hey Magic, risky play but could pay off…don't know if Steele's a keeper anyway but Rocky, Sheed , Crouch could be, I've got Collins in my side cause he has the best JS out of all the def rookies, have no idea how he'll score though for 188k

• Lazza says:

I’d have Steele before DCrouch and Rocky… Sheed is the great unknown.. Seems strange to me that one of two rookies with the best job security is being passed over for more expensive “maybe’s” … Collins will make you at least $150k and will play every game if he is not injured… they don’t give guys 4 yr contracts to sit it out…

30. KeenButClueless says:

See Dimma has shut down my Balta at F6 plan pretty comprehensively! Back to the drawing board!

Looking at Derek’s idea of Moore F5 Setterfield F6.

Many have Drew D6, but I really feel he may give way to Wines. Might still be able to loop Petrucelle and Parker, but not feeling confident about either onfield.

Forward structure has been the head scratcher all preseason. A few days out and still not feeling I have it nailed!

• Russty_ says:

I'm a bit worried about all the Port rookies keeping their jobs Keen, there's 7 players to come back in for Port.
      Parker could end up being just like Bruce, Membrey, McCartin, etc…all inconsistent and dropping spud scores frequently.
      I'm going for a solid fwd line with not much risk.

• Maverick_ says:

Lynch in a top 4 side & rucking in the fwd 50 most probably from what you’ve mentioned KBC…
        he may be on for an average of 90+ Awkward price of 425 but I’d take him over burnman billing’s

• Lazza says:

With Lynch out for R1, and based on his latest training session he is unlikely to make R2.. we will get to upgrade to Lynch around R5 .. timing will be good.. but, don’t select stand in Balta as he will be on the bubble for a long time.

• kevwal says:

What has Dimma said about Balta KBC, living in the west we miss a bit?

• kevwal says:

Just read the release, bummer, as you said, back to the drawing board.

• KeenButClueless says:

On the AFL website he says that Lynch will share the ruck with Nank. It also says that it would be between Moore and Balta for the forward spot, and only if Lynch doesn’t play. So it looks like if Balta is named for round 1, it will only be because Lynch isn’t, and he might be out the second Lynch comes back.

I was hoping they would still run Balta as relief ruck, even if Lynch was back because they wouldn’t want Lynch rucking.

31. JohnDJ59 says:

Just about settled on my team, only change would be Ridley to either Milera or Williams. At the moment going with this structure, D 1-2-3 M 5-0-3 R 1-1-0 F 3-1-2 The team is Def: Simpson, Mills, B.Smith, Ridley, Scrimshaw, Clark, ( Duursma, Hore). Mid: Cripps, Oliver, Coniglio, M.Crouch, A.Brawshaw, Walsh, Butters, Constable, ( Scott, Atkins, Gibbons ). Ruck: Gawn, Lycett, ( Bines ) Fwd: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Billings, Setterfield, Drew, ( Petruccelle, Parker ). Still worried about F3, it's been my main problem from the start, whether to go with a premo or mid priced player and which player to pick.

• Maverick_ says:

Love the lycett pick with Ryder out John

• JohnDJ59 says:

Thanks Maverick, I'm pretty well set on the Lycett pick now, to change my mind I would have to change my def/fwd lines. It was interesting as far as the response went, at first people we shocked and against it, but people are slowly coming around to the non Grundy pick. I'm still not sure about Dunkley at F3 with the way Bevo moves his players around, but if he's in the middle there shouldn't be a problem. There's always T.Kelly, but I'm not sure about him either.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Hey john,

Offered up a mid for trade in draft if interested.

Have a gander

• JohnDJ59 says:

Sorry Trigga but that trade would leave me without any cover for my defence.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Fair enough
          Got too many mids so trying to get cover in def myself.

Saw u were a bit skinny in the mids so trying to help u out. 👍

Where do u normally finish around at the end of the SC season?

• JohnDJ59 says:

My total average over the last five years, which is as long as I have been playing would be around the 20,000 rank. 2017 was my best year with a rank of 1,501.

32. Ando says:

Hey community! Last piece of the puzzle methinks.

Devon Smith or Robbie Gray?

Currently on Devon Smith but saw that Robbie Gray got out of the blocks really quickly last season. Can he do it again?

• DEESNUTSRBIG says:

Poor finish to the year – if you have a little more cash Menegola is the man!

• Ando says:

Thanks mate! I've got $37,200 in the bank, so I could do that. Reasons for selecting Menegola? I don't know too much about him tbh.

33. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

not bad Kev ol mate

looking forward to the duels in the happy place.

34. Haimes92 says:

Hey folks, my current team below. Any thoughts or potential changes would be appreciated. Thanks!

DEF: J. CRISP, Z. WILLIAMS, B. SMITH, S. COLLINS, J. SCRIMSHAW, J. CLARK (X. DUURSMA, M. HORE)
    MID: P. CRIPPS, C. OLIVER, S. CONIGLIO, M. CROUCH, A. BRAYSHAW, D. SHEED, T. LIBERATORE, Z. BUTTERS (C. CONSTABLE, B. SCOTT, T. ATKINS)
    RUC: B. GRUNDY, T. GOLDSTEIN (J. SWEET)
    FWD: P. DANGERFIELD, I. HEENEY, J DE GOEY, A. VANDENBERG, W. SETTERFIELD, W. DREW (C. BURGESS, J. PETRUCCELLE)

• DavidC says:

I think Vandenberg is a bit of a trap. That JLT score happened without Viney and Jones. Those 2 inclusions will push Vandenberg more forward and less midfield.

• Haimes92 says:

Appreciate the comment, hadn't thought about that. I'm sitting with about $40k left, so could downgrade him to Moore or a rookie and bank a little cash.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I like your top 5 mids, same as mine. I would be downgrading one of Sheed or Libba to Walsh so you can bolster your F4 player.

• Haimes says:

Thanks for your thoughts. It's something I'd been contemplating but always a bit hesitant about expensive rookies

• Russty_ says:

Hey Haimes, you could take Vandenburg out for a 4th premo fwd as John said, if you take Sheed down to Walsh, also, Vandenberg out cause if you were going for someone around that price, Moore would be better anyway.
      4 premos forward with Setterfield and 1 rookie is fairly safe.
      If you wanna keep Sheed you could just go to Moore but if you do I'd take burgess to defence for the swingset, you could swap with Duursma, not sure how many Port rookies will lose their jobs when 7 players get back.

• Haimes says:

Thanks for your suggestions Russty. Have already changed vandenburg to Moore. I like keeping sheed and libba for the time being, although could easily change my mind by game time Thursday. Just not sure who I would get as another fwd rookie when I swing Burgess down back

• Russty_ says:

If you really want Sweet as R3, you won't have a donut so you could go Bines or Mosquito in the fwd line as a donut., could also go Balta in the fwd line, if he doesn't play straight away, he should get a go at some point.

• yes Russty agree Sheed to walsh and strengthen F4 a must with the rooks we have,. however not Moore like GATOR said this guy is a trap waiting for injury or poor form i have really wanted Libba for a while and got him today Heeney out of mids to F4 as you say Russty strenghten F4 and LIBBA to F5 Still have DREW for mid swing Libba will easily get his 54 BE even with those mids and the swan tag goes to Macrae cheers mate

35. Ken says:

Z Williams & L Neale or J lloyd and B Crouch

36. Pat says:

G'day guys, here is my current team, I would appreciate any suggestions for refinements, but I'm pretty close to perfecting it I hope.

DEF: Lloyd, Mills, Williams, Smith, Collins, Clark (Duursma, Hore)
    MID: Macrae, Cripps, Dusty, Crouch, A. Brayshaw, Libba, Walsh, Constable (Hind, Atkins, Gibbons)
    RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Bines)
    FWD: Danger, Heeney, Dunkley, Setterfield, Drew, Balta (Burgess, Parker)

I've decided to go Gawn initially with Pruess injured and Grundy likely to drop at last a couple of k. I also like the look of Libba if he can average around 90-100 for a mid pricer, which he should. Brayshaw's form at the end of last year and in the preseason is too hard to miss/

Thanks.

37. Paul says:

Sloane or Brayshaw for M6?