TRIGGA’S SUPERCOACH GRAND FINAL SPECTACULAR

Weekend Wrap.

Two little ice-creams sitting in a bar. One called Richie the other was called Mal. They were sitting there reading the paper, feeling pretty good about life and were looking forward to catching up next week on their big day.

Then out of nowhere a black and white blowtorch appeared and started to apply heat to Rich. Poor Rich hadn’t been put under this much heat for a long time and try as he might he started to melt under the intense unrelenting heat. In the end it was just too much to bear and eventually Rich was overwhelmed and succumbed to the blowtorch that was being applied finally becoming a melted mess in footy folklore.

But he got off lightly compared to Mal. Mal didn’t even see it coming as an eagle set the whole building on fire. Mal panicked, frantically looking around but there was no escape from the heat that seemed to come from all directions.  It was a raging inferno and the noise was deafening.  He waited for help to arrive but it never came so Mal melted within minutes the smoke filing his lungs and causing him to choke fumbling his way to the nearest exit. In the end all that was left was a charred shell. Mal got badly burnt and those wounds will take a long time to heal.

Supercoach.

The week saw dontblushbaby join the winners circle with a score of 1,368. Blush had all the high scoring mids, grundy and JJK which helped him to victory for the round. Shake n Bake made his move finishing second for the week with a score of 1,317. The big unique for shake was Vlastuin who picked up a very handy 116 on Friday night making him the highest scoring tiger. Kryptonite for the round was Dusty who apparently shouldn’t have played and treloar who is coming back from injury and astbury should have stayed in bed. Is there a theme here? Most demons let us down with the two captains Viney and Jones scoring under 50. Jonesy somehow didn’t lay a tackle for the game? Clarrey was the only demon to score over 100 (just).

The eagles as expected after a performance like that took the majority of the points with 7 eagles scoring over 100 with Cripps and Redden punching out 140’s. Best captain pick for the round was Cripps – no one had him as captain or in their team.  A couple had the C around Redden’s neck who punched out a very handy 147 (including blush).

The table for the top 5 scorers for Round 2 can be found below:

Well we only have one game left the big one – The grand final.

How is your happy ending looking?

The leaders at this stage are:

Team Borealis is still our overall leader but shake has closed the gap and is breathing down his neck! Only 5 points separate the two top teams with Chartomben only 68 off the pace. So it is anyone’s to win. Will it be one of these 3 or will someone come from the clouds to claim victory?

Interestingly the two teams must use a forward as the captain pick this week. Chartomben has the luxury of a midfield captain pick. This could prove decisive in the pursuit to claim the winner’s jacket.

Again if you want to know how your team is going overall look in the spreadsheet under the graph and table in the TOTAL SC SCORES tab.

Supercoach – Grand Final.

We all should know the rules by now so I am not going to post them again, if you need to check back in the last article for a run-down of the rules.

Grand Final: (From 2 Teams participating – Maximum of 5 players from each team):
•10 Players consisting of:
o2 Back
o5 Midfield
o1 Ruck
o2 Forward

This week as there are only 2 teams left to fight it out for the ultimate prize then the teams have been trimmed to 10.

However to make things a little more interesting (it is the grand final after all) I have included a norm smith selection. This can be found under the team.

You just need to select who you believe will be best on ground and win the norm smith medal. If you are correct then I will add another 100 points to your total. This means that someone could indeed come from the clouds and claim victory!

I have created a new spreadsheet for the grand final which can be found on the link below.

You have until 2.30 on Saturday to submit you teams.

Please enter your team in the same spot as the graphs are linked to each team.

Please ensure you select your captain from an area of the ground that you have not used before. I have made a note on each team where the captain must be selected from for the grand final.

AFL Grand Final

So it has come down to this. 16 teams have come and gone and only 2 remain.

The eagles and the magpies.

So the “Battle of the Big Birds”.

The Eagle is a bird of prey that hunts with a precision strike which it can do again and again.

The magpie is a chirpy bird but don’t be fooled it can also has a vicious strike that can catch an unsuspected victim by surprise. It can swoop down in an instant, strike and leave its victim bloody and dazed.

Both teams I think played their game of the season last week and if they can produce that sort of performance again on the last Saturday in September then we are in for one helluva contest.

Really hard to split them and pick a winner.

My thoughts:

On paper the magpies appear to have the better midfield but Melbourne were said to have the better midfield and look what happened to them?

West Coast has some serious fire power up forward – Can the magpies quell all 6?

At the other end McGov, Hurn, Barrass and Co will go head to head with the small forwards in De Goey, Stevenson (must be pinching himself) and Varcoe. They each have their own story to tell and will be keen to add to the finals folklore.

Big Cox. No longer bye bye American pie but to quote Crouching One “welcome”.  Can he do it again?

We will know soon enough.

Let’s just hope we get a close contest and they didn’t peak a week early.

In the end there can be only one who will achieve and deserve the Holy Grail.

Best of luck to all..

Gone to my happy place back in a few….

1. neil DEMONSDELIGHT says:

great analogy Trigg. Didn't know Jones didn't lay a tackle though No wonder they got thumped. Lewis was poor Tmac the same Gawn ordinary viney a shocker .The dees looked set to get Pruess a done deal and May at the expense of Hogan. I hear they are looking at Hall now Gaff is out of reach .What ever happens , they like hawthorn and Collingwood would be very happy with their year. It's up to the chasing pack to trade well Doggies Roos Bombers cats should all get better and Freo with Hogan (I hope he stays but the club wants May) should improve Good luck to the enders in the G F NDD

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Thanks NDD.
      Cant understand pruess move?
      Doesnt want to sit behind goldy but happy to sit behind gawn??
      Surely gws or cats who r crying out for a ruck would be better ?? Even tiges.

There is a mega deal brewing from what I hear.

Neale to lions.
      Lions pick 4 to Port.
      Polec to North.
      North pick 10 to Port.
      Port pick 9 and 10 to Freo.
      Freo pick 6 to Melbourne
      Melbourne hogan to freo
      Melbourne pick 6 to Gold Coast
      Gold coast May and a late first rounder to Melbourne.

Might be some later pick swaps involved.
      Good luck working all that lot out …

Also hearing sheil and setterfield to blues.
      Pick 1 to GWS or carltons 1st rd pick 2019 to GWS.

• neil Demons Delight says:

Well that's quite a mouthful I am connected to the club and have heard the same basically Their thoughts are with May but Collingwood could thwart their plans. Weideman is the key now he is performing. The Pruess deal is happening but not entirely as a backup The two junior rucks have been delisted and you may see a different role for Max Don't know why Tom just doesn't go back and keep Hogan but the view is Weideman is purely a forward so no way he is going back. The Hogan deal may enable them to get a quality outside mid Gaff?

• Russty_ says:

Hey guys, reckon Preuss could be a really good power forward with a bit more development, he has shown some really good signs in the past, just never really had the chance to be consistent through lack of opportunities.
          It'd be a real shame for the Dees to lose Jessie though.

2. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Really good write up Trigga, you should see if you can come in for guest cameos next season, i found it really entertaining. Also, thanks for organizing this whole thing and for giving me my supercoach fix for the finals, myself and the rest of the community really appreciate it!

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Cheers mate.
      Glad u enjoyed it.
      Put a bit of work into this article. very happy how it turned out.
      Call em as I see em.
      Good luck on the weekend.
      Norm smith just gives the rest of us a shot.

Game on ….

• Russty_ says:

Hey mate, reckon I'd need the Norm Smith points to be 500 for me to have a shot but no one to blame but myself for that situation lol, cheers bud.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

500 eh? yeah thought about that but then wouldn't be fair to the leaders who have scored well every week.
          100 is about right
          who knows I may come from the clouds 🙂

3. dontblushbaby says:

Where's IN Pieman ,we haven't heard from him , he was a huge critic of Buckley in the past

• neil Demonsdelight says:

I think we all were DBB. Not now though. Sometimes you just have to admit it. I have. Going to be a great game may the best team win .For my wife's sake hope it's the Pies good luck DBB

• dontblushbaby says:

I'm a Richmond supporter , same thing about Hardwick a few years ago when they were calling for his head , the Club put quality assistants around him – Caracella, Leppitch ect , also go back further when Bomber Thompson when he nearly got the flick from Geelong and what they achieved

Thanks Neil for replying mate

• Russty_ says:

Hey DBB, bad luck for your Tiges this year mate, they just kinda got caught looking…like the Dees did, can't take the foot off the pedal for a minute this season, but I'm sure they'll both fare very well again next season…cheers mate.

• neil Demonsdelight says:

Hey Russty I mentioned to Gator months ago about Kent going to Saints well it looks on the cards. You both would be rapt to get another elite player. We don't want much only that boot studder guy and Billings left sock cheers

• dontblushbaby says:

Thanks Russty, Whilst I was disappointed, It would have been worse had we lost last year

• neil Demonsdelight says:

I just got doubts about Lynch and May Both overated but that could be Lynch has burn't me so bad. Both our teams need very little .Nank is good enough and Soldo a good back up.Like the dees mate you probably need some outside run Menadue is not good enough. but not much more. My mob ,well Pruess will become our Soldo and maybe some big defender.Don't know why clubs don't look at Keiran Collins. He was on our radar but the dogs grabbed him early .We got Spargo.cheers

• dontblushbaby says:

Agree with Menadue, also Corey Ellis is another who look good in the VFL but can't take the extra step, however at another club and with more games in the AFL they go to another level,hope they do, just my take

• neil says:

Corey was in my s c team in R1 and I couldn't get rid of him for 5 rounds a spud and shows you we must get our squads right from the get go

4. WTFoxtrot_58 says:

Team as below.

Just want to comment on the format of Trigs Finals.
    I think the concept is brilliant and if the Herald Sun pick it up I hope Trig is rewarded handsomely.
    Also thanks to Trig for inputting sides for guys that cannot.
    Also thanks to Trig for not being a flog.
    This site has certainly had it's fair share.

Back – Yeo , Crisp.
    Mid – Treloar, Adams, Redden(C), Sheed, Sidebottom
    Ruck – Grundy.
    Forward – Cripps, Darling.

Norm Smith – Redden.

• neil Demonsdelight says:

Couldn't agree more WTF. Trigg has it right now and the Normie is the cherry on top .Gives a few a chance. people like Trigg Pieman Russty and Hedski to name a few make the site fun and challenging. Lek deserves credit too for having the aggots to ban them NDD

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Thanks WT really appreciate the feedback

Its been good to allow the SC fix abit longer, its like a drug withdrawl symptoms coming up ….

team is in mate
      good luck

5. Russty_ says:

Hey Triggs great write up mate, very funny and entertaining, can't wait for the big game this week!…great effort from you putting all of this together and extending our SC seasons with your hard work and selfless effort, well done mate.
    Hoping I get a half decent score this week as I have been going rather shitely so far, but that's the way the cookie crumbles sometimes haha, I've still enjoyed it immensely and hope you continue to run it in years to come, cheers.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

thanks Rust
      As I said earlier put a bit of thought into this one – quite a few hidden meanings in the icecream analogy.

been a bit of work but I have enjoyed it and to run a comp for other SC addicted members.

think it will be an annual thing
      will tweak it next year so can load the scores automatically as that was too manual

hope you have a happy ending

6. Great fact hunt says:

Hi trigg, great write up and thanks heaps for sc finals. Been a bit of fun. Have a happy pre season and don’t get to slaughtered tomorrow or do. Have fun

7. dontblushbaby says:

Norm Smith Medal – for those who are betting on this , please see below who the judges are , it may sway your selection ?

– John Longmire ( ex Forward ), Wayne Carey ( ex Forward ) , Bridgett Lacey ( WA Journo. fark knows ), Gavin Wanganeen ( Chairman Of The Panel if a tie after votes )

8. dontblushbaby says:

For those who follow Horse Racing – Chautauqua didn't jump again tonight , thats it , no more racing

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

damn

horse can run but cant jump – real shame that

surely they go back and trial a few things to see if they can get her to jump?

9. Shake_n_Bake_ says:

My team Yeo Hurn
    Pendals Treloar adams Redden Shuey
    Grundy
    Cripps Degoey
    Capt Degoey
    Normy grundy
    Big last 2 days training Thursday, parade ytday breakfast at the Sofitel soon then off to the big dance 🙏🤞🏆⚫️⚪️⚫️⚪️

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Big day mate!
      big day!

Tee it up and off you go again and again – I like your style

Team in – hope you have a happy ending.

10. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Well Crew,

This is it.
    The big one.
    All those months of struggling and trumph have come down to this.

Two teams one winner

do us all a favour and make it a close one and a contest fitting of a grand final! .

Who wins? We will know in a few short hours

Enjoy your happy ending ….

11. neil says:

Good luck to all the pies supporters especially wifey going to be miserable in the NDD house if they don't not to mention other benefits and not forgetting the weagles who with the Tiges have been the two best and to TRiGG for putting the ENDING together, a remarkable success and please Trigg don't be like the AFL no rule changes it's spot on. Maybe some sort of incentive .My old signed Jack Watts photo could work Good luck Shake see you in the column.. cheers NDD

12. hedski says:

Thanks again for putting the happy ending on Trigga, its been fun, looking forward to a good game today hopefully, don't want to see a blowout.
    HEDSKIS BURNMEN.
    Crisp, Hurn (C).
    Sidebum, Adams, Degoey, Redden, Yeo.
    Grundy.
    JJK, Darling.

Hurn for Norm Smith.
    Eagles by 17 points.
    Enjoy the day everyone. 👍🍻

13. Russty_ says:

Hey Trigg, Hedski's team isn't in yet

14. Russty_ says:

Stephenson's on fire early, maybe a smoky Norm Smith medalist?

15. Defying_Madness says:

Shuey is all class isn't he

16. NDD says:

Great game Hope Mal and Ritchie are enjoying it

17. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Close as hell this!!

18. Defying_Madness says:

EAGLESSSSSSSSSSSSS

19. 2018Eagles says:

WooHoo!
    See Rusty highlighting AFL interference does make a difference. today (after a while) the umps were blind both ways and the best team won.

• Russty_ says:

Oh you've changed your identity for the 50th time…well sorry but I don't agree, the team who wanted it more won, only chronic whiners would ever blame it on the Umps or the AFL…Pies gave it their all but came up just short…was a really enjoyable game for everyone except for you.
      Your team just won the Grand Final and you're still whining?…unbelievable!

• 2018Eagles says:

Hahahaha Take the hook out your mouth you fool!

• Russty_ says:

I never did mind about the little things…and you are a very little thing, some flog who gets his jollies out of trying to wind people up on the internet, without ever having an identity…it's quite pathetic, meaning you.
          Maybe go get a girlfriend, or a life, or some Psychiatric help?…lol, god knows you need it. Hahahahha

• 2018Premiership says:

Blah Blah Oooops you swallowed another hook. Well done on proving evolution wrong lesser life-form. You should go and try to get a game with the saints they're as dumb as you.

• TrashtalkGF says:

Look at me I'm big bad Rusty and don't dare mess with me because I have an intense debate id.
            Can also read as Look at me I'm dumb-flog Rusty and I hand over my online identity to group of american businessmen because I'm so dumb I don't know if I've got genital warts on my ars or somebody is shagging me.

• NDD says:

Spells Rusty like wow

20. NDD says:

Dog house for me better grab a slab Very unlucky sheeds looked a block every day Bad luck woods Should have won great team So are WC

21. ExiledBob says:

Great game!
    Who needs rule changes? If you only penalise the blatant stuff the game sorts itself out and thats why its the best game ever created by humans. Go away Gill you're an egomaniac nutjob

22. AuroraBorealis?! says:

F*ck. Congrats to the Eagles, just pipped us in the end, great game

23. Russty_ says:

Hey guys, I'm done for the year, thanks to Trigga for doing the finals game, it's been fun, see you all in about 4 months..cheers.

24. Stix says:

Carlton have already decided they are not trading Pick 1 this year for anyone available period! S.Walsh is locked in.
    However all other picks are available and the 2019 Rd 1 Pick (will be top 4) is available for Shiel + a GWS pick in 2019.
    GWS have no interest in Haw late R1 picks and want to send Shiel to Carlton or St.Kilda (Pick 5) – He is contracted so he can choose Carlton or St.Kilda or wait another year at GWS. Hawthorn will trade for C.Wingard though – Hawthorn officials would never allow a guy like to Shiel to come in and be highest paid player at the club its just that simple.

25. Stix says:

Dees grand plan is to get pick (neale) 5 + 6 from Fremantle for Hogan + R2 Pick + Kent pick (stk)
    Pick 6 to GC for May. Dont forget Dees have plenty of $$$ under the cap to add or trade for a star as well.
    Jetta-May-Lever-Hibberd-Salem + 1 of McDonald/Frost is the back 6 going forward. Dees realised they can only play 1 of Frost/McDonald and Lewis cant cut it deep in defense.
    Vandenberg talked about wanting to be the third tall forward (Weiderman + Mcdonald) so he better work on his kicking, if he sorts that out he could be a 30 goal a season forward.

• BrownlowBoy says:

Vandenberg might be on his way out of the club. Sydney keen.

• NDD says:

They are looking at a cheap J roughead Doggies version .Don't know why

• Stix says:

Very true the Dees are not ponying up the money or the years and Sydney are trying to swoop on a good footballer really on the rise. His issue is giving away stupid free kicks but Melbourne need bigger bodies that don't get pushed around. Sydney do know how to swoop on undervalued players.
        Dees really want May and Pick 5 (one of the King's) – for Hogan, Kent (pick), Pick 33.
        Vandenberg (26) would net a 2nd round pick.

26. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Scores are updated

thanks to everyone for participating.
    was a bit of fun

will do a final wrap tomorrow

dont worry be happy …

27. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Storm into history Billy.

Legend.