PODCAST: I, ROBOT

Filed in Supercoach by on 12/09/2018 • views: 1763

Patch is back, in super ROBOT form! This can’t possibly end badly. No. Not at all.

He and Lekdog talk all the Supercoach action from week one of the finals to try and find some diamonds in the rought for season 2019, as well as discuss a few potential trades and how that might shape the Supercoach landscape.

Also make sure you check out TRIGGA’s fantastic Supercoach Finals format he’s got running on the site.

Let us know who’s caught your eye, and if there’s any content you want to see or hear during the finals!

1. Finnius says:

Harmes is a lock in the fwd line I reckon – stepped it up as he has gone into the midfield. Looks like a genuine gun and matchwinner. Right age bracket as well.

• Russty_ says:

Agree Finn I'm whacking him in there this week, considering him for next year too.

2. PizzaSafety says:

Nice podcast fellas, nice to see you continue to deliver content whilst the Supercoach world sleeps.

My early team is as follows:

Defence: Docherty, Witherden, Williams (Lloyd, Laird, Whitfield)

Midfield: Titch, Oliver, J Kelly, Neale, Yeo, Scully (stepping stone) (Macrae, Cripps, Fyfe?)

Ruck: Gawn, Grundy

Forward: Dangerfield, Dunkley, Greene, Daniher (stepping stone) (Parker, Bont, Menegola)

*players in brackets are the ones I'll be looking to bring in.

Would want to start Laird or Lloyd over Witherden but I don't think I'll have the cash and I think Witherden is a good sneaky chance to sneak into the top 6 defenders next year, so will be ok to have by seasons end. I'm thinking I'd want to do this rather than save money in the rucks because I do have a hard time seeing any other ruckman get close to them next season and think both will be a necessity. I know theres recent examples of ruckman dropping off after big years but I don't see it with these two and it's hard to pick someone else who will compete with them. If I change my mind it will probably be Brodie for Nank. Hard not to start danger next year at a relatively cheap price given he averaged 132 in his last 9 and seemed to be back to some of his best. Macrae, Cripps and Lloyd could all be fantastic picks but you're definitely paying overs for all 3 of them given that last year they averaged considerably more than they ever have before.

I think the rucks will make or break seasons next year. If grundy and Gawn score like last year they're a necessity because I don't see anyone getting close to them and you're more likely to pick a cheaper defender or forward who will end up in the top 6 than a top 2 ruckman.

I don't expect Brodie to drop off though because he is still so young, when Goldy peaked he was 27 and Grundy is just 24 (Grundy also averaged 137 in the last 10 games).
    Other reasons why rucks from the recent past didn't back it up

-Kreuzer was an injury problem and he peaked late in his career (not good for sustainability)
    -Ryder was an injury problem
    -Goldstein peaked at his best late in his career (not good for sustainability) and had personal issues.
    -Nic Nait has had injury problems
    -Sandilands was constantly injured
    -Jacobs got hurt by the change in ruck scoring to hitouts to advantage.

Based on some of that logic you might only think that Max has reached his absolute peak due to his age (27) and is injury prone historically and may take a dip and you might conclude that a young Grundy (who is not injury prone) can actually do better. On the other hand a player who has averaged a mammoth score more than once is more reliable heading into the future. There's also the fact that this information is empirical rather than rational and is based on players others than these two and isn't determined.

• Lekdog says:

Love the bloody though put in already mate! (Can’t login for some reason) – Lek

• Finnius says:

Naismith coming back from a year off could be worth it as a stepping stone. I like grundy over Gawn as well.

3. Patch says:

Hibberd tonned up #LockHimIn

4. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Docherty, Whitfield, Williams, Birchall, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie)

Gawn, Grundy (R/F loophole)

Titch, Cripps, Brayshaw, Merrett, Liberatore, Walsh, rookie, rookie (rookie, rookie, rookie)

Danger, Dunkley, Harmes, Lobb, Lynch, Daniher (rookie, rookie)

I think this is what ill be starting with, good mix of guns, rookies and midpricers imo. Might be cutting it close in terms of the 10 mill budget though.

5. Lekdog says:

Anyone ready to talk trades?

• PizzaSafety says:

Wingard could be more fantasy relevant with more guaranteed midfield time if he moves to the Hawks but I don't think many will be able to fit him in. I reckon Lachie Neale will be a great player to pick next year if he moves to Brisbane and I think he has a 115-125 average in him. He averaged 118 in the final 17 games of last season. I'm a dons fan but I don't see the Shiel trade having much SC relevancy unless it means Zerrett gets tagged a little less (but at that price I prefer Dusty). Not too much to discuss for to be honest.

• Off The Bench says:

Anyone going to make a trade? Cmon already!

6. Dominic says:

Examination: The race should include a quick pace, so perhaps it will enable Instilled To respect, who is 15-1 on the morning line and about in the same class as Hofburg. Breeders Cup 2018 Live Stream Another alternative is to back wheel Bravazo underneath, as he has a tendency to lose ground on the far turn before recapturing it mid-extend.

7. Melbourne Cup 2018 says:

Join the festival this year at the Kennedy Oaks Day, on Thursday 8 November 2018.
    Seppelt Wines Stakes Day is the last race day of the Melbourne Cup Carnival on Saturday, 10 November — yet in no way, shape or form the calmest! Melbourne Cup 2018
    The finale of Cup Week, it's daily loaded up with free exercises and live excitement for offspring everything being equal. Seppelt Wines Stakes Day is the ideal outing for families and race sweethearts.

8. kevinkruse26 says:

Very nice blog and articles. I am very happy to visit your blog. Now I am found which I actually want. I check your blog everyday whatsapp status video app download and try to learn something from your blog. Thank you for waiting for your new post.

9. This entire post absolutely ROCKS! Thank you for all the hard work you put into it. It really shows.

10. Midpricemadness says:

Looks discusting imo, so many midpricers that are going to limit your cash generation and lack scoring power. Start with this team and you won't break 10k rank. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

• Russty_ says:

Hey Cather, I think my wife is pretty hot and I can't help but want to screw all the time, I was wondering if you could help me by selling me a Screw Chiller at a reasonable price to lessen my desire for her a little…cheers.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Mark, my pressure vessel seems to have broken down recently so I was wondering if you could supply me with a new 8 inch FRP Pressure Vessel so I can continue satisfying my wife's needs, cheers, look forward to hearing from you soon.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Brittn, my missus has left me recently and I'd like to get a replacement puller if possible, could you supply me with a hydraulic wire puller?

• Russty_ says:

Hi Sarah, I've got a bunch of Chickens and the problem is…they always seem to get wet so I was wondering if you could provide your services for drying my Chickens, that'd be really good cause I think they need fluid bed drying, spraying, chamber, Hollow Blade, Cylinder and Scratch Board, and Vacuum, maybe even an air dryer.
      Not sure, but they also may need to be granulated…with some of your specialized granulator machines….cheers!

• Russty_ says:

Hi Nathan, I work hard so sometimes I get dirty and might need a bath at some point, so please contact me if you are able to supply a bath for me to have a bath in, cause I might need a bath at some point…cheers.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Meliss, I noticed you have quite a fair range of cores there, I haven't done many sit-ups for quite awhile and my core has gotten rather weak, would you happen to have any human cores there?

• Russty_ says:

I'm building a 454 Monaro, hopefully you can help me out with some bearings, as you seem to be in possession of quite a lot of bearings.
      I might need some of those bearings, that you're in possession of.