PODCAST: CAN OUR GUEST ACTUALLY WIN THE $50K!?!

Filed in Sponsored Post, Supercoach, Supercoach 2018, Supercoach 2018, Weekly Podcast by on 20/08/2018 • views: 2240

Grand final week community!

Everything has been for this! All the tears, sweat and many more tears have been spilt for this.

Today Lek is joined by the humble Teddy, ranked 9th overall heading into the final week, who has a shot at the $50K!

Half of us don’t have trades or cash but remarkably Teddy has all of these things!

Everyone in the comments, make sure you let Teddy know we’re behind him!

Let’s put everything on the table this week community, win those leagues, chase that rank and go big!

Patch isn’t in this podcast by the way…not sure what happened to him…he’ll probably be back soon…maybe.

1. nutsack says:

im just wondering how you got Teddys contact details

also, we're around teddy like a hoop around an hour glass figured hula girl

2. gator59 says:

C'mon Teddy we're rooting for ya

• Lekdog says:

A bit of luck and anything can happen

• Daniel Z says:

Congrats to Teddy on a great season but I think he'll need a lot of luck from here… hard to make up 367 points in one week.

3. Rivo says:

Nice work Teddy. Go For Glory!๐Ÿ’ฐ

4. Teddy85 says:

Thanks for having me on the pod, Lek! And a big thanks to JR community for helping me get this far!

5. Rivo says:

Magnificent form Teddy. Good luck in the big dance.

I managed to somehow make 2 x GFs, with $51k and 2 trades left. Ranked 1473, a small miracle after 5 years of being awful.

Team:

D: Lloyd, Yeo, Brayshaw, Simpson, Laird, T-Mac (Mihocek, Ridley);
    M: Titch, Danger, Cripps, Oliver, Zerrett, Cogs, Dusty, JPK (Ahern, Giro, J.Smith);
    R: Grundy, Gawn (Olango);
    F: Mundy, D.Smith, Gray, Heeney, McLean, Walters (J.Higgins, N.Murphy).

Open to options but considering these…

1. Ahern & Higgins to Menegola & Starcevich (loop Walters or McLean);
    2. Ahern & Higgins to Hawkins & Jack (loop above);
    3. Walters & JPK to Macrae & Stephenson
    4. Walters & McLean to Menegola & Hannam

Open other ideas, any help appreciated. Good luck!!’

6. noah says:

Should I get rid of Robbie Gray or Heeney for Tom Hawkins?

Cheers,

• Lekdog says:

Gray but it’s homestly a coin flip between the two

• Moggy says:

I reckon Heeney goes first. I have the same dilemma but also throw in McLean. I just think the down side of Gray is a mid 80s score where as Heeney seems to be hitting too many in the 70s.

• Lazza says:

I agree with Moggy

7. Trades says:

Franklin to Hawkins and either…
    Coniglio to Fyfe, Nank to Martin, Gray/Heeney to Menegola?

8. InNout says:

Hawkins or menegola community ?

9. KSinny says:

Goodluck Teddy go and win that 50k!!

10. TheGreatBozza says:

Cracked the top 1000 finally, with 2 trades left and $68k bank.

Any trade ideas for this week?

B – Lloyd, Yeo, Laird, Simmo, Crisp, T-Mac (O'Riordan, Austin)
    M – Titch, Danger, Cripps, Macrae, Cogs, Beams, Dusty, Pendles (Ahern, Dawson, Giro)
    R – Grundy, Gawn (Hayes)
    F – D.Smith, Heeney, Gray, De Goey, McLean, Westhoff (Walters, T.Smith)

Plan at the moment is De Goey to Hawkins (JDG in doubt) & Cogs to Crouch (should tear the blues a new one)

All this is subject to team selection.

PS Goodluck Teddy

• Rivo says:

Hey Bozza. Tough call. Cogs can go large, could you trade Pendles instead?

11. Nick says:

Ok community I have only one more decision to make and hope you can all help. I am in the GF of both of my leagues, I have 10.7 k left I the bank. I have no injuries to cover so have the luxury of a sideway trade (as long as there are no last minute outs) My concerns are all fwd line related. I have Heeney, McLean, R Gray and Westhoff all of whom have been less than consistent. My main concerns however are McLean then Heeney. I have narrowed my sideway options to James Harmes or Daisy Thomas. If I trade McLean I can only afford Daisy, but if I trade Heeney, I can afford either. So what do you guys think. Who should go and who should I bring in? (Happy to consider other options) my complete fwd line is:
    Menegola, D Smith, Buddy, R Gray, Heeney, Westhoff (McLean and Burrows). I have luxury of a loop but don’t know who to loop so looking to sideways one to a more consistent scorer. I am currently leaning towards 1. Heeney out for Harmes.
    2. McLean out for Daisy

Thoughts welcomed…

• Defying_Madness says:

I would probably just not use the trade tbh. Both feel like downgrades instead of upgrades

• Lazza says:

I’d loop-hole McLean and Heeney rather than your options… if you must trade, I’d be looking at Caddy, or the 2 Mitchs- Wallis and Robinson…

• BrownlowBoy says:

Do you have anyone else in your mid/ruck/def that can be traded? Someone underperforming? Someone you don't have such as Macrae, Cripps, Danger?

• Nick says:

Rucks are Gawn and Grundy. Mids are danger, tich, zerrett, dusty, JPK, Cripps, Oliver and Cogs. With only 10k in bank no real upgrades there. So feel I am left improving the fwd line.

• BrownlowBoy says:

Thoughts on Milera?

• Nick says:

A bit light on scores over 100. Only twice since about round 7 and only once in the last four rounds compared to Harmes who has toned up three weeks running.

• Derek says:

I would upgrade Dusty.

Richmond got nothing to play for this week

• Nick says:

Thought of that but had to ditch a player who is a gun that may be coming into true form. 138 last week is hard to ignore. If I traded a mid it would more likely be JPK but not much value around at that price plus still leaves me much uncertainty in fwd line

• Derek says:

If Kelly doesn’t play have a look at Taranto

• Nick says:

Actually great call except I can’t afford him unfortunately as I am only willing to offload one of my inconsistent fwds. The most expensive of which is westhoff at $440k. Thx for the suggestion though.

12. BrownlowBoy says:

Will be kind of sad to see Goddard go.

Was a superstar of the competition.

• neil demons delight says:

Thinking the same thing B B. Clubs like Melbourne geelong and Hawthorn who are on the cusp of a flag could do worse .Cheap and invaluable coaching prospects

• BrownlowBoy says:

Agree. Even potentially the Dogs or North in my opinion.

Would kind of be against what the Hawks and Cats have done with their other older players though.

Could he do a full circle and return to the Saints?

• Trades says:

Agreed. He was huge in that drawn grand final, I'll never forget his sheer determination in that game. Played with guts.

• BrownlowBoy says:

Should of won the Norm Smith.

• Lazza says:

Therein lays the truth of the matter.. have to go back a fair way to find those stellar games.. can’t see him delivering like Hodge has this year … he’s done and dusted.. bow out gracefully..

• Lekdog says:

Provided us many year's of fantasy relevance too BB!

13. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Go for the ๐Ÿ†teddy

Best of luck mate.

14. Prizza says:

Goodluck Teddy , snuck a peak at your side and for what its worth cant see anyone stopping big jack this week and he is rare form,
    Something to ponder from an under performing amatuer.
    Regardless what a amazing effort , again good luck

15. NEIL DEMONSDELIGHT says:

An interesting stat to come from the Dees big win to make the finals was the total number of games by the dee players. 1964 the year we last won he flag.Good to see Allen Jakovic in the rooms .He is the fastest to 50 goals on record underated by many NDD

• Lazza says:

Nevwe understood why he finished when he did. He and Farmer were two players you'd pay to watch ..

• Neil demons delight says:

He had a heart of gold with children Lazza I remember one game where he walked a young boy on caliphers through the banner Darren Bennett had a lot to do with his early retirement NDD

16. Doc says:

Caroline Wilson is saying Lynch to Richmond will almost definitely be happening.

• Lekdog says:

Yeah, been floating around a while. Makes sense, feels like Durant to Warriors…better than Collingwood

17. Ff84fff84 says:

Hey guys i just wanted to see if anyone has any potential tweaks I could make to improve it further. I know buddy is a ? This week.

I have 2 trades and $170k in bank and teams as follows
    Laird Simpson yeo Macdonald lloyd Hurley Cole and smith
    Dusty danger cripps Oliver Mitchell macrae neale and gaz (got in for kelly last week)
    Grundy fawn
    Franklin grey hoff mclean heeney Smith
    Cheers

• Doc says:

Could maybe go Titch to Menegola (Titch most likely copping the Hewitt tag) and then if Buddy is named maybe McLean or Heeney to Hawkins? Menegola and Hawkins could both go huge against the Suns and I think would probably score more points than Titch and McLean/Heeney. Not sure if you'd be able to afford both those moves though

• Russty_ says:

Hi f84fff484fff…I reckon with Buddy's groin injury, I'd probably trade him out for Dunkley and Hurley out for Brayshaw, both in great form.
      I wouldn't be tempting the SC Gods by trading out Titch when your opponent will probably have him and he could go huge.
      Heeney can go 120 any week too…and chances are your opponent will also have him.

• Ff84fff84 says:

Thanks for the tips guys. Still unsure what I am going to go any thoughts of dusty to kelly? Which forward to hawkins?

18. Russty_ says:

Onya Teddy!…great season from you and hope you finish in the top 3..or in the top 1, lol…prizes coming your way fella…your shout, well done!

19. Lazza says:

Hey Derek and Neil, I responded to your posts in Panic Room…

20. Great information, thanks for sharing such a nice post with us, its really great .

21. Steeeve says:

Anyone need two trades? I saved them for the GF but now I'm not in any GFs and I have no injuries anyway

22. Richard says:

Community i’m in a cash league with the chance to win 700 this week. Zorko to Fyfe, Wingard to Hawkins or Billings to Hawkins?

23. Lekdog says:

Teddy came 6th overall! Amazing effort!