Round 19 SuperCoach Panic Room

Filed in Panic Room, Supercoach, Supercoach 2018, Talking Strategy by on 27/07/2018 • views: 5528

A wise man once said; “trade ass off”

For those playing for league glory, whether by choice or because a decent rank is completely out of the question, round 19 marks the end of the SuperCoach home and away season (where has the time gone?!). If you are jaded at this point, convinced that no matter who you bring in they are just going to get injured anyway, at this point of the year half assed over trading is infinitely better than your half assed under trading during the year.

Patch is still MIA this week. We miss him but we also get to blame everything on him. The parking fine I received this week? I put him down as the nominated driver so Patch if you’re reading expect the fine soon. The mooted 6-6-6 rule? Bloody Patch! In his absence, Damo has been the real MVP this week, joining Lek and Barron in the weekly gold that is the podcast. As well as his usual comprehensive coverage of the state leagues, Barron casts his experienced eye onto the 2019 season in Around the Grounds this week. Damo gives Captain McCaptainface a breath of fresh air and backs it up with his usual sheet of cheaty goodness.

THE NEWS

Jordan Dawson (MID / FWD – 123.9k) gets his first taste of senior action for the Swans tonight after a casual 23 tackles last week in the NEAFL. Heath Grundy returns as well. Essendon have got Jake Stringer back for the must win clash. Will be nice be nice to see Aaron Francis getting a run as well. The much maligned Shaun McKernon is actually a pretty big out.

Tiges v Pies Saturday arvo at the ‘G! What are can you ask for? Jordan de Goey is Jordan de Goeney this week and probably next with bone stress in his leg. Darcy Moore is back after being a late out last week. Liam Baker (FWD – 103.9k) gets his reward after some serious form for the Tigers VFL side while Jacob Townsend comes in for his first game since round 9. Moore and Menadue make way. The Cats have replaced small forward Jamaine Jones with another in the form of Lachie Fogarty. Brisbane welcome back some backline experience in the form of Luke Hodge and Harris Andrews. Sam Taylor replaces Lachie Keeffe at the Giants. The Saints have done us no favours, dropping popular bench coverage players in Ed Phillips, Hunter Clark, and Bailey Rice (and also David Armitage for some reason??) Nick Coffield is amongst the ins. Tex replaces The Dood at the Crows in the only change in the match against the Dees. The Suns have strengthened their midfield and Carlton regain Dale Thomas for the most anticipated game of the year as they line up against Carlton. There’s 8 changes between the clubs but I feel if you have any of them you gave up in round 5.

Will Walker (MID – 117.3k) will make his debut this week against the Eagles. The injured Alex Morgan is their only out so far. The Eagles have lost Lewis Jetta for the game, Jack Petruccelle would be the obvious name if the Eagles don’t want to lose any pace. Freo have named Sean Darcy and Andrew Brayshaw, as well as experienced duo Stephen Hill and Ballas. No confirmed outs as yet. Jaegar is back for the Hawks as so is Mr Silk himself. Daniel Howe gets to book his European holiday early. Getting real tired of these wholesale changes in Sunday games… Dollhaus and Tom Boyd are missing at the Dogs. Ze Bont is back. Fergus Greene (FWD 123.9k) has been named in the forward pocket and Callum Porter (MID – 117.3k) on the extended bench. Port have got back Tom Jonas and Paddy Ryder, Billy Frampton (RUC / FWD – 123.9k) and Kane Farrell (DEF / MID – 117.3) take their rightful place on the extended bench as they’ve done for weeks now. Can you just play them Ken so I can stop writing their names?

THE HOUSE OF EVIL

As was the case last week, if you need to downgrade to make cash then waiting that extra week for them to be on the bubble is a waste.

These guys come with a free frogurt (that’s good!)

Jarrod Lienert (92 last week)

-89 – Colin O’Riordan*

-30 – James Worpel

-11 – Brent Daniels

-4 – Jacob Heron

These premiums contain potassium benzoate (that’s bad!)

169 – Maxwell Gawn

166 – Brodie Grundy

166 – Kade Simpson

163 – Jelwood

163 – Luke Breust

162 – JPK

159 – Llooooooooooooyd

147 – Pendles

145 – Dayne Beams

141 – Cal Sinclair

141 – Andrew Gaff

SMOOTH KEVY’S LOCK OF THE WEEK

At the peak of his powers Jackson Macrae was sitting at a frankly ridiculous 727k, had a 5-week average of 152, and just generally making a mockery of us idiots who didn’t hitch our star to his (band)wagon. Well he’s 540k now, had two weeks back from a hamstring (scoring 131 and 74) and faces the Saints and Carlton during SuperCoach finals.

Oh, and he’s only in 7.8% of teams. Jump. On.

HEY NOW, YOU’RE A DRAFTSTAR

If Tigers v Pies at a packed MCG on a Saturday arvo doesn’t get you wet I don’t know what to tell you. This should be an absolute cracker and a possible elimination final preview. In true AFL style, it won’t be shown on free to air, so luckily we’ve got Draftstars instead!

Our mates / beautiful humans at Fantasy Insider have crunched the numbers and given us this ideal lineup for tomorrow:

My take:

RUC

Only 3 options but I actually think it’s quite tough. At 17k I feel like Grundy is way overs. He needs 136 to even begin to hit value, a mark he’s crossed only twice this year. Nank took the choccies in his last matchup against Grundy in round 6, winning the battle 131DS to 115. Collingwood gave up 130DS to Stef a week later, but since then haven’t conceded a 100+ score. This includes matchups against the likes of Gawn and Goldy. Mason Cox is your only other option at 8.4k, while he’s had a quiet month, he scored a respectable 73 from 10 touches and two goals last time against the Tigers.

Lock in? Cox

DEF

The Tiges don’t do the whole defending at rebounders thing very well. Jeremy Howe helped himself to 30 possessions / 12 marks / 131DS last time and I’m tempted to fire him up. Sam Murray returned with a 79 last week. Shaz and Maynard are other Collingwood backs that will enjoy some freedom tomorrow. Of the 3, I like Sam Murray the most. At the Tiges, Jayden Short has turned himself into a reliable fantasy option in all forms of the game. His 12.3k price is starting to worry me as he hasn’t shown much of a ceiling as yet. He’s a good play just not a value one.

Lock in? Pay up. Howe and Shorty

FWDS

I really want to play Liam Baker today. Call it gut feel but I reckon he’ll grab this opportunity a run with it. When Jacob Townsend broke into the side late last year, he had a 16 possessions / 6 goal / 107DS game. He’s another one that will look to nail down a spot as finals approach. The Pies struggled with the pace of Dan Butler in round 6, Jack Higgins has stepped into that mid / fwd role of Butler. He can hunt the ball, Jack, he just needs to combine that with a few Snags and he’ll be pushing 85-90. At the top, Dusty and Kane Lambert lead a bunch of mid / fwd options. Have laid eyes on Dusty for the past few that 12.7k price looks in serious Danger of being made to look silly. Former member of The Killers, Jack Riewoldt, hasn’t got an obvious matchup and will smash value.

Lock in? Salary relief in Baker. Jack, or any of the mid / fwds on offer

MIDS

Both teams are pretty lax at limiting opposition midfielders. Collingwood give the 3rd and Richmond the 5th most amount of points to midfielders. The high ceilings of Sidebum, Pendles, and Phillips appeal. Dion Prestia finally cracked the a Draftstars 100 last week, at 12k that’s a great price for a man in a serious purple patch.

Lock in? Any of the fwd / mids you missed. Higgins. Expensive Collingwood mids

My lineup

That’s it for me this week, Community. Have a super week and I hope you make the 8 in all your leagues.

1. Marcus says:

Any point in trading Crouch to Macrae?
    Would leave me with 3 trades (am full premo with M9/F7)

• Blueth says:

I'd wait til next week to make a decision on Macrae if you can afford to.
      Didn't do much last week (74) and has a high BE (126).
      Doesn't have many taggers on the way home, especially with Jacobs out but i'd still be cautious with an injury interrupted player.

• Ja191 says:

Would not be surprised if he goes 150+ this week but crouch should have a big one too, could wait til next week

• SC_Kev7 says:

Screams luxury trade to me, Marcus. You could probably wait if you're comfortable in the top 4/top 8.

2. Kevdup says:

Fed up with Rance!! Who would the community recommend?
    I currently have Loooyd, YoYo, Simmo, Lairdy & Hurls.
    Thinking in following order: Short, Brayshaw, MacDonald.
    Being a Dee supporter nervous about a Dee as we have a tough run home and never fail to disappoint 🙁 !!
    Unfortunately, the Tigers just look tooooo good 🙁
    Cheers

• Maverick_ says:

a tough run home isn't always a bad thing kevdup. plenty of the pill down back means opportunity for a defender!
      I was looking at trading webster my two options were McDonald and short.
      Was leaning toward Tom for his huge ceiling. short is extremely consistent but looks like 105-110 is his ceiling.

• Kevdup says:

Cheers for feedback Maverick.
        Noticed Short and Brayshaw have higher projections than Maccas.
        Short seems the safe bet. I like safe, not interested in overall, only leagues.
        later

• Maverick_ says:

Short is definately safe he will bank u 90+ most weeks if not every week.
          McDonald is gonna give u a 60 once every 3-4 weeks.
          i got brayshaw in last week for hibberd. gotta love a defender playing midfield.
          short for me if you want conistency at 30k less though. tigs are gonna step it up heading to finals

• Leeds17 says:

Its an interesting take on Mcdonald, had the one 39 but rest 74 or over,

3. Corey says:

Still have Sicily in forwardline who should I fill as my last spot up forward
    Current Forwards: Heeney, R.Gray, McLean, D.Smith, Walters

4. Kale says:

Anyone looking for a forward POD consider Gunston. His cheap and a big ceiling. He is playing Sicily’s role that he’s thrived in previously. You got to remember they played Carlton and didn’t have much opportunity and still scored an 80. Anyone else like Gunston?

• BockChoy says:

I brought Gunston in as I shifted through the bye period. He's been a strong, reliable option.

• Derek says:

he was all over the place last week. The hawks had Roughy doing some of the ruck work and Gunston was going forward.

it was only carlton, so being a defender wasn't a high scoring role. Should better for the run home

• Jace says:

Did Gunston play down back last week? Didn't watch the game.

• Derek says:

most of the time. when roughy was in the middle he went forward. didn't see much of the ball down that end

• Leeds17 says:

Umm didnt he play Full Forward almost all of the game? they were just looking for Breust a lot more…

5. Florence Maxwell says:

Cheers Damp

6. TheGreatBozza says:

Any trade advice? I'd love Macrae but I cant squeeze him in:

Bank – $10,000 Trades: 6

D – Laird, Yeo, Crisp, Simpson, Howe, Savage (Richards, Austin)
    M – Titchell, Danger, Pendles, Crisp, J.Kelly, Dusty, Coniglio, Beams (Dawson, Giro, Ahern)
    R – Gawn, Grundy (Hayes)
    F – Heeney, Westhoff, Gray, Walters, McLean, D.Smith (De Goey, T.Smith)

Here are my 3 ideas I'm toying with:

1. Richards > O'Riordan
    Austin > Short / McDonald

2. Richards > O'Riordan
    Savage > Lloyd

3. De Goey > Gunston / Darling / Mengola

4. Richards > O'Riordan
    De Goey > Macrae

• KingWinter7 says:

1st option for mine, on field team comes before bench loophole players especially with 6 trades left

I'd also consider Oliver as more of a must have then Macrae if you come down to that option

• TheGreatBozza says:

Thanks KW7. I think I’ll hold off on mids for now. Although with options 1 & 2 I’m getting a better on field player. It’s just with option 1 id have a better D7 for cover

• Russty_ says:

I'd go option 2 Bozza, if you drink and drive, and don't have Lloyd..you're a bloody idiot lol.
          P.S no cloning players ok?..it's unfair to the rest of us!…;)

• TheGreatBozza says:

Ended up going Savage/Austin for Lloyd/O’Riordan

Time to go all out. 4 trades left, I’ll reassess De Goat next week

• Russty_ says:

That wasn't even an option Bozza…I don't think you're allowed to do that!…yeah mate, this is the week to go all out if you have the trades.

• TheGreatBozza says:

Haha well I thought I may as well keep Richards as an emergency since I won’t have a premo at D7 to loop. Or do you reckon having a non-playing D8 is better?

7. Florence Maxwell says:

2. Savage to Lloyd will be the biggest benefit to your onfield team. If you have 6 trades you don't have to stress too much about your bench players, hopefully you won't need to rely on them.

8. Stupid Coach says:

Looking to take your advice Patch and trade my sorry excuse for an ass off. 4 trades left. Options:

1) Savage to McDonald, H Shaw or Witherden.
    2) Petracca to Menegola
    3) Redman to O'Riordan and Savage to Lloyd.

Thoughts?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Swing for the fences, SC! Option 3

• Stupid Coach says:

Thanks Kev. Was hoping not to have to use two trades but don't have enough cash to trade Savage straight to Lloyd.

9. KingWinter7 says:

Savage to Lloyd ?

10. Cliffy says:

I saw on the Captain's page earlier today everyone is pretty certain on Mitchell as a backup C in case their VC fails. Can't help but feel Banfield is not someone to easily brush off as a tagger and could hinder Mitchell slightly on Sunday (obviously I hope that doesn't happen being an owner), but food for thought?

I had Merrett last week and I was gritting my teeth until he killed it in the 4th…

• Leeds17 says:

Every chnace Ticth knocks out another good score, but no way Lyon let's him get away with what Bolton did.

• r_calve says:

another 150 in the bank for titch cos ross wanted to tag Jaeger, that's fine by me

11. Cliffy says:

Also, thoughts on my team? There's really nothing critical to worry about atm, but could it use any tinkering before Finals start next week?

DEF: Lloyd, Yeo, Simpson, Laird, Hurley, Howe
    MID: Mitchell, Cripps, Oliver, Gaff, Beams, Coniglio, Martin, Merrett (Ahern, Sier, Philips)
    RUCK: Gawn, Martin
    FWD: Heeney, McLean, Smith, Walters, Westhoff, Boak (Fritsch, Ryan)

Thanks guys

12. dontblushbaby says:

Not sure why Rice got dropped, after his knock early he wasn't too bad last week, any way he was always making room this week for O'Riorden – will give me 179k and 4 trades – I want go Rocky for Macrae but I feel Rocky is going to put in a 150 game soon ,dunno

• The Ranger says:

4 trades and 179K cash going into Finals is peachy Dbb.
      Should be able to squeeze a couple of luxury trades in if ya lucky.

• Cobee Bear says:

Spare a thought for Armitage as well. Twenty possies, a goal, 106 sc points…and omitted…

• Russty_ says:

And of course, O'Riordan would have to drop a big steamy turd this week.

13. Steve says:

One final upgrade in defence can't decide between Witherden , Andrews , Short or T-Mac, want to go someone who will score big from now on,

• SC_Kev7 says:

Reckon TMac has the best ceiling on paper, but has a tough run home. Could be a good or bad thing depending on how you see it. Short poor ceiling so no. Andrews will be eased back, so Witherden if you want a Brisbane player

14. Ja191 says:

austin any chance to come back this year?

15. Russty_ says:

Anyone putting the VC on Buddy tonight?…I'm thinking about it, but I'm hesitant as he's been crap lately and couldn't even get a goal against the Suns.

• Maverick_ says:

hasn't had a decent score since round 1 russty. it'd take a huge set of aggots to VC him tonight.

danger into titch for me

• Russty_ says:

Yeah that's my default too Mav but I don't mind a bit of a risk sometimes haha, and Buddy has a good record against the Bombers.
        I might flip a coin.

• Finnius says:

hope you didn't do it…

16. Maverick_ says:

first trade is naughton -> O'Riordan tonight.
    Still so undecided on my final Forward though.

Currently have: Heeney, Westhoff, Gray, McLean, D.Smith Sicily** (T.Smith Battle)

in the mix is Gunston Wingard Greene & McDonald.

any opinions community?

17. Russty_ says:

Fyfe's recovering slower than expected, best case scenario is a round 22 return…on AFL Tonight just now.

18. Russty_ says:

As long as you have someone on each line mate…having the best team on field is the priority now.

19. don says:

BEST F7???
    Jack Riewoldt looks tempting, in good form, tigers have a soft draw to finish and plays every game early in the round so great for loopholing
    Anyone else i should consider? Buddy? Darling maybe?

20. Jochem says:

Last minute: Menegola (POD) or Gray (Copycat) for Guelfi? I am number 40 overall and plan to put Fritsch on bench. Gray would help me keep up with the top 40 (but not move up?), Menegola might be POD as everyone else has Gray? Uhm Predicament 🙂

• Russty_ says:

You're ranked 40th so you should know what to do, maybe a real pod like Hawkins?

• Jochem says:

If I would extrapolate everyones scores Hawkins would be automatic choice, but he's key position and can easily deliver a turd like a 40 against Richmond in RD20 or Hawks in RD21

• Russty_ says:

As could Menegola, who hasn't exactly set the world on fire lately, your call, you must've been doing something right to be ranked 40th..good luck.

• Leeds17 says:

Hawkins is getting up the ground a lot more than in previous seasons, he's fitter & probably the most confident in his ability that he's ever been, big risk but hey at 40 you've got to have a go at winning the comp.

• Blueth says:

I like Menegola.
      really like the cats run home.
      Ports is tougher.
      But not sure i should be giving you advice mate, i'm 4500

• Yeahnah says:

Go for glory mate, Menegola

• Cobee Bear says:

Gray, just because he seems to be a magnet for SC points even when he isn't touching the footy

21. oliverfisher says:

Four trades left and 222k in the bank. I have two main issues. Firstly, still holding Fyfe, and the second is M Robinson. Should I look at upgrading Robinson or should I use a trade to get rid of Fyfe? I currently have Shuey covering for Fyfe, so I could hold unless I get another injury in the middle. If I do trade out Robinson, who is a good reliable option (rest of forward line is Heeney, McLean, Buddy, Gray, Billings, and JJK)? I was thinking either Westhoff or Wallis as they have mid swing, so even if I get a short term mid injury, I can bring JJK or Billing on up forward and swing them into the middle.

• Cobee Bear says:

Hoff is a good option. So is Wingard. You could wait a week and you'd have one trade a week up your sleeve for finals. Also, you could see how Greene goes in his 3rd game back

• oliverfisher says:

I was thinking of waiting a week, but only issue is Robinson has a relatively high breakeven, and it looks like JJK might be a late out, which would mean fielding Robinson. Though i'm sitting 3rd in my league and play 18th, so I would probably still get over the line even if Robinson stinks it up.

22. HumanBob says:

If Jarrad Waite had have 'tripped' Heeney like smith did he'd get 4-weeks. I bet the bomber gets off

• Blueth says:

yeah but Jarrad Waite would deserve it

• Sc_Wow says:

Waite is a flog

• JT swag says:

Cry Me a River
      Justin Timberlake
      You were my sun, you were my earth
      But you didn't know all the ways I loved you, no
      So you took a chance, made other plans
      But I bet you didn't think that they would come crashing down, no
      You don't have to say, what you did
      I already know, I found out from him
      Now there's just no chance
      With you and me
      There'll never be
      Don't it make you sad about it?
      You told me you love me
      Why did you leave me all alone
      Now you tell me you need me
      When you call me on the phone
      Girl I refuse
      You must have me confused with some other guy
      The bridges were burned
      Now it's your turn, to cry
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river
      You know that they say somethings are better left unsaid
      It wasn't like you only talked to him
      And you know it
      (Don't act like you don't know it)
      All of these things people told me
      Keep messing with my head
      Should've picked honesty
      Then you may not have thought it
      You don't have to say, what you did
      I already know, I found out from him
      Now there's just no chance
      With you and me
      There'll never be
      Don't it make you sad about it?
      You told me you love me
      Why did you leave me all alone
      Now you tell me you need me
      When you call me on the phone
      Girl I refuse
      You must have me confused with some other guy
      The bridges were burned
      Now it's your turn, to cry
      Cry me a river (Go on and just)
      Cry me a river (Go on and just)
      Cry me a river (Baby go on and just)
      Cry me a river
      Oh!
      The damage is done, so I guess I be leaving
      Oh!
      The damage is done, so I guess I be leaving
      Oh!
      The damage is done, so I guess I be leaving
      Oh!
      The damage is done, so I guess I be leaving
      You don't have to say, what you did
      I already know, I found out from him
      Now there's just no chance
      With you and me
      There'll never be
      Don't it make you sad about it?
      Cry me a river (Go on and just)
      Cry me a river (Baby go on and just)
      Cry me a river (You can go on and just)
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river (Baby go on and just)
      Cry me a river (Go on and just)
      Cry me a river (Oh baby cry)
      Cry me a river (I don't wanna cry no more)
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river
      Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)
      Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)
      Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)
      Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)
      Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)
      Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)
      Cry me a river (Cry me, cry me)

23. HumanBob says:

That George Hewett fella isn't so flash at tagging Zach

• Finals says:

Hewett would be my f6 if thespians didn't have him tagging. Can play.
      Struggling tonight but has shut down some guns this year, really messing up my premo scores regularly.

24. Defying_Madness says:

Smith is the only player in my team I have no cover for apart from rucks and he goes and trips someone

25. Trades says:

Swans could be out of the 8 if they lose

• Russty_ says:

Buddy will be out of my side if he doesn't hit his projected score…bloody overpaid spud.

26. Rick Grimes says:

I think we can agree that Buddy is on the never again list. Was weighing up playing Ahern over him. Kind of sums up ehere he is these days.

27. BadgerHoney7 says:

bit ridiculous how they don't value spoils or one percenters in this game – hurley imo has played great tonight and locked up buddy but wouldn't really show it on the points. guess its a bit biased because I have him but hes clearly had a great night tonight – not heaps of the ball but impacts in the air

• The Ranger says:

Just not playing an SC friendly game Badger, annoying but if they all played SC friendly games we'd be spoiled for choice and SC would be rubbish.

• BadgerHoney7 says:

yeah agree, haha annoys you when you're players play terrific and don't get awarded – hopefully he gets scaled up

• BrownlowBoy says:

They do value them both in supercoach…

• Wedge says:

Yeah I'd say the evidence that they're valued is he scored 38 in DT and 77 in SC.

28. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Swans will not make the 8, one look at their draw makes that obvious

• Defying_Madness says:

I am thinking the top 8 will be the following
      Richmond, Eagles, Pies, Giants, Hawks, Cats, Power, Dees

29. Steeeve says:

Great game by Hurley. Not reflected in his score. Will he be scaled up?

30. Marty says:

Hurley doesn't seem to be supercoach relevant this year. Gun game but still scores below what a premo defender should score. 102 average last year. A defender who I won't be choosing in 2019

• Russty_ says:

Yeah agree Marty, Harris Andrews will be in my starting squad next year.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

At least Hurles did his job and beat/ outscored Buddy. Don't have Buddy. Thank fark for that! All Buddy owners are screwed.

31. Richard says:

Bye Bye Longmire the time has come to move on.Your game plan is boring and outdated

• Russty_ says:

Nowhere near attacking enough…what's the point of defending all the time when you're 30 points behind?

32. DANGER1VDUSTY22 says:

Franklin can hardly move out there, he is cooked : 94, 73, 60, 109, 61, 50.
    Who is trading him next week? (if you have any trades left)
    Franklin is 420k (BE 88) and scored 50, what is his price for next week?

• Russty_ says:

Probably about 400 and yeah I'll trade him if nothing else happens this week.

• Blueth says:

yep gone.
      Tmac or Hawkins

• Kanga says:

2 trades left so it will be tight but he is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNE! (barring unforeseen cataclysmic injuries)
      Really should have had him as an emergency with Ahern as cover.

• Ozzie says:

So disappointing that he has been injured all year. Got him from game one, hung on when he was out for two games and now informed that he has ‘trained for twenty minutes all year’. If I’d known that earlier I would have traded him weeks ago. Now only two trades left which I’ll keep until someone can’t play.
      Yep, you must pick a good squad, manage it well but luck in life and SC is vital

33. BadgerHoney7 says:

ridiculous how hurley didn't get scaled up imo but even funnier that his fantasy score was 38 !!!

34. Jeff says:

Who to get for final forward spot out of Westhoff, Menagola or Mundy???

35. Murray says:

McRae or josh kelly

36. Derek says:

One of my opponents in a do or die match had both Hurley and Buddy. Happy they nullified each other.

He also had Lloyd and at half time I thought 150+ he slowed down as the Swans slowed down.

Bombers vs Hawks next week. Looking forward to that one

• Derek says:

I have McGrath at D6, meant to move him on weeks ago but injury etc he is still there. On bench last night and scored 58. I can put either JSmith or Herron on field or do I take McGrath’s 58 by leaving O’Connor on field?

• Blueth says:

Herron and smith could both put out 35's.
        I'd take the 58

• Valens_FC says:

I see you’re in Pieman’s cash league Derek and that one really is do or die with you both on same percentage. If that one is a priority I’d be tempted to roll the dice and see if Smith can beat your opponent’s Hurley score. Could be tough for you to get past him otherwise. Wouldn’t field Heron.

• Derek says:

That game is do or die, plus need at least one other result to go my way.

I should have bit bullet This week and got Lloyd but had to do it with 2 trades, only have 4 left so decided to see how he goes. He should have done better, always around the ball but it doesn’t come his way.

Other option, use 2 trades and turn Ahern into a defender (via O’Connor). $478k to spend?

• Valens_FC says:

Looking at that match up I’d go for it because he’s out numbering you on unique premos and the 77 for Hurley represents a chance. No certainty that you can find someone to outscore Hurley of course but the door is ajar.
            Also depends what’s important for you from here. This would be a more League driven move where you’ll need a bit of luck taking 2 trades into the last 4 weeks, but there’ll be plenty in that situation or worse.

37. Henry says:

Any mathematicians wanna work out what Jake Lloyd's price drop will be? I was $5,500 short of him this week from Sicily

38. Corza says:

Wingard, Westhoff or Gunston for Final F6 spot

39. Hawks says:

Shuey will not play tomorrow, just a word of warning to those that have him.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Hawks, what's your source on this news?

• Ahmad rubas says:

Wow him and Kennedy out for west coast good source you have there mate

• Russty_ says:

Just saw it on MMM, Kennedy with general soreness and Shuey for personal reasons. Waterman and Petruccelle come in.

• Hawks says:

Yeah, Rusty I heard it on MMM this morning with Joey Del Santo's program

• Ahmad rubas says:

Annoying that petrucelle is in as I was hoping to bring him in as a floating donut but seems like his JS isn't as bad as i thought. I guess the positive is he is in the team before I traded him in

40. Soothsayer says:

I’m wondering if the bad bad Toby Greene could go big after a couple of games back! Considering Ahern to Toby.

• Russty_ says:

He's on a big..-2 half way through the second quarter but he just took a contested mark.

41. Audrey Horne says:

Howe down and likely out for the game. And just like that my season could over. Game of luck.

42. Ahmad rubas says:

goldy to grundy may not be a luxury move and something i have to consider for finals. this is just an overreaction as goldy hasnt even played a ruckless west coast yet but grundy is going ballistic

43. BlueBaggerJosh says:

S N A G S

44. Defying_Madness says:

Anyone go with Hawkins?

• BrownlowBoy says:

Got him in draft, didn't need him in normal.

• Blueth says:

thought about it but buddy usually rips the bombers apart so stayed with the bud.
        Not happy

45. Howe Good? says:

Poor Howe owners out there. Was always injury prone even if it was a knee to the head. Should have known better.

• Crocka says:

At least it wasn’t a knee so he should play next week – if I make it to finals. 16 Sc points is not good.

• Russty_ says:

Played almost every game since 2012..how is he injury prone?

• Doc says:

Missing 5 games in 5 years is classified as "injury prone"? Yeah righto mate, jog on.

• Audrey Horne says:

Not only do I have Howe my opponent has Heath fing Shaw.

• Finnius says:

Exactly the same mate. Went from an easy win to staring down the barrel of missing finals.

• Audrey Horne says:

Last roll of the dice. Both have Mitchell captain so will change to Gawn and hope for something huge.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Howe will soil my score this week. But hopefully will still make 5 major league finals with 3 trades and de Goey on the bench. Still a bit of bark left in me yet! Bring on finals folks!

46. Corey says:

Trade In Hawkins next week or trade in either Wingard, Westhoff or Gunston?

47. Hawks says:

What score do you need from a VC, when you have the C on Tom Mitchell?

48. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Cripps or Gawn for the VC?

49. Defying_Madness says:

Uh oh touk miller is tagging my captain

50. Finnius says:

Had Grundy into Cripps at the start of the week. After reading all the comments, 5 or 6 different articles, I decided to go Danger into Titch.

Not blaming anyone, but the moral is clear. Sometimes you just have to back your gut.

51. Sc_Wow says:

G’day fellas looks like the SC gods are against me and I am becoming very unlucky. Should still finish well ahead of most of you fellas. Working on my team for next year now to go one better

• Finnius says:

Any trades left wow? Seems like you and 66 are both holding sicily (and 66 Fyfe as well).

• Sc_Wow says:

I see you got the highlight of your season last week too fin

• Finnius says:

It was my best round for the year. I'm climbing slowly and have a side I'm happy with but captaincy choices I think have been what is holding me back.

• Russty_ says:

Look on the bright side, at least you've got Heron as backup for Sicily.

• Finnius says:

very valuable 29

• Sc_Wow says:

Yep I’ll take it. Sure hope you fellas can catch me or else that would be very embarrassing for you

• William Soo says:

Whats your rank?

• Russty_ says:

Well I don't care about rank , more just enjoying playing my friends in Leagues, you're probably more embarrassed than I am this week with your 2305 and slipping from 140 to 266, the road to number one is getting a bit bumpy lol

• Sc_Wow says:

Where are you ranked again?

• The Scotsman says:

Haha quite funny. Much like England's WC campaign (such a promising start) your SC team has come crashing down to earth. These last 4 weeks are gonna be painful to watch, my tip you will drop to about 10000…. Never mind there's Euro in 2 years to set yourself up for another disappointment. Lol

• Lazza says:

Ranking means didley squat WoW when playing in cash leagues.. Trades are precious, and not to burn… your opponent each week can determine trades or no trades as the case may be. It’s this time of the season that counts… so comparing your mighty ranking (and it is) against those of us who play for league and/or cash is pointless. Why don’t you give the cash leagues a go? You’d probably be good at it although it requires a different strategy.

52. Steeeve says:

Traded Fristsch out to Menegola this week. Very lucky.

Oh no wait I reversed trades because I wanted to make sure Menegola would work for a round 23 loophole first. Doh!

53. Sc_Wow says:

Man this place is pretty dead without 66 & I
    Don’t worry we will be back better than ever next year

• Russty_ says:

Yeah it's been great!…I doubt SC-Sixty6 will be allowed back, Lek was pretty clear there would be no forgiveness when 66 told one of the long time members to go and kill himself.
      I think they have a zero tolerance policy for that sort of thing.

• Sc_Wow says:

Probably got taken the wrong way. I’m sure many ‘long time members’ have said much worse but get away with it because of their status. You’re boring as ever Russty

• Lekdog says:

Yah no 66 again, he continued to tell me to kill myself under fake profiles because he didn't realise I could see his IP 🙂

• George S says:

Lekdog stick to your guns and don't take that sort of rubbish. The site will survive fine because passionate people run it and genuine sports lovers follow it. There will always be the haters and trolls, desperate to try to validate their lives. Jock and the boys started a fine site. Lekdog, Patch et. al. will continue that fine tradition if the majority support them and as they realise the stupidity of the past few months won't be tolerated.
            PS. Speaking of "fake profiles", I wonder who "Site Dead " is??

• Sc_Wow says:

Sorry Lek but if you look over what respected members of this community have said towards 66 and I it would be evident that there is double standards at play here.
            Comments such as “I’d love to dog punch you” were celebrated by community members.
            ‘Respected’ members such as Pie constantly used vilgar language which again was supported by other members. There have been numerous homophobic slurs that have been directed our way and the very thing that 66 was banned for has been directed towards myself on numerous occasions without any action being taken.
            If you want to act all high and mighty be consistent. Who’s really running this site? You or all these other guys?
            You could make a case that this site is done after 66 & I left. Look at the numbers, we did you a favour.

• Tired says:

Please none of you are welcome, go away. Fly by night ring-ins who narcissisticly think the universe revolves around them.

• Crow94 says:

Nice try 66 😉 😂

• BrownlowBoy says:

You can't take a suggestion to kill yourself the wrong way I'm sorry to say.

• BrownlowBoy says:

Back in the day, people had no idea about mental health, and how it can impact people.

Do not try and justify what was said.

• Wedge says:

Isn't it dead in here because you two ran off most of the long-term users?

• Sc_Wow says:

Wouldn’t say that’s the case. This site had the most traffic when we were around

• Russty_ says:

You wouldn't know…you and your multiple personality mate only blew in here this season, maybe that's why you think the traffic was better, because of all his posting under god knows how many different profiles?

• Cotchinator says:

So much better without SC-Sixty6 around.
      Now all of us long term followers only have to pray that someone else goes away and never comes back…and I wonder who that person may be.

• It didnt come home says:

Holy crap hows this guy, what a whiny narcissistic p.o.s!!
      The site is far from dead despite your attempts to criticize and ruin the experience for others.
      Just like the World cup Trophy, don't come back!

54. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Well, Cripps is going huge, with no C on him. Luckily in my main (cash) league I'm clear 1st by 4 points in a nothing game before finals but have a Nic Nat donut so probably no chance of winning the whole thing barring a miracle. Ballooned out to 5k overall so not too fussed with that anymore.

55. The BONT says:

I have Cripps as VC and all of my bench players have played expert 1. For loophole i have Garrlet who is emergency and he score 0 and Dom Barry who hasn't played who I can loophole a mid with. If i put a mid as emergency then i will have garrlet and a mid as emergency. Whos score will i get Garrlets 0 or another mids 100

• Russty_ says:

If you have two E's on one line it's usually the lower score that you get. Doesn't apply if they didn't play though.

• Holty01 says:

How u going this week Russty?

• Russty_ says:

Hey Holty, not bad mate considering I have Howe and Buddy, didn't VC Cripps or Grundy..I did Buddy lol, sitting on 1559 with 7 to go including Captain, prediction says 2398 but well, they rarely come true do they?
          How are you travelling mate?

• Holty01 says:

Same with Howe and Buddy but im fortunate enough to have the E on Buddy so will probably risk Ahern. Swapped the vc to Cripps 10mins b4 bounce so very happy.
            1636 from 15 with Cripps C score.
            Howe has certainly helped. And i did finally trade Sicily. Need to win this week in 1 of my leagues to stay top 4 so thought might as well.

• Russty_ says:

Nice work with the Cripps VC…will be hard to beat this week, I'm keeping my fingers crossed Titch has another big one.

• Holty01 says:

He was always going to be my C but then Cripps happened. Still have Fyfe but now he might be out longer then first planned, i may trade him. Only problem will be is ill be down to 1 trade. Certainly not a position i want to be in coming into finals

• Russty_ says:

Yeah Fyfe's still 3 weeks away at least, 3rd week of the finals, if you have decent bench cover, I'd probably do it, but wait as long as possible.
                  Bad news to hear he's taking longer than expected to recover.

• Holty01 says:

The only reason ive kept him for so long was because i thought he would be back for first week of finals. Ive had decent cover but no point mucking around for finals

• Russty_ says:

It's a hard one to call mate cause you might need that trade mid round somewhere if you're having a shocker and several of your guys go down…it's always hard this time of year because if you do it or wait you can be damned if you do and damned if you don't….good luck bud.

• Defying_Madness says:

I don't think Fyfe will play again this year, Freo are not making finals and they will use this opportunity to keep playing young blokes and make sure fyfe is ready for next year

• Holty01 says:

Thats my fear DM. i hope he plays but have the money to change him to anyone. Not sure who to though

56. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Take Gawns 131 or roll the dice on Titch? Banfield hard tag is leaning me towards the conservative option

• Finnius says:

Take it I reckon.

• Russty_ says:

Depends on your league situation Josh…I'd be tempted to roll the dice if you need a critical win to make the top 8.

57. Dees 5th for 2018 says:

Is Simon Goodwin the worst coach in the AFL?

Pretty bloody close. We are a top 3 team in the league in terms of talent yet are still under-performing. Jordan Lewis is hopeless out of the backline – slow turnover machine. Played bloody well up the field and kicked 2 ripper goals last night which was great to see. Leave him in the (inside) midfield drifting forward with more time on the bench to stay fresh. Dees still handball too much and get into trouble as a result of the increased pressure teams now apply. When they play on and kick long and quick to T-Mac and Hogan with Melksham and the crumbers this team looks better than everyone.
    Pure talent is keeping Goodwin afloat but seeing multiple times 4-5 handballs in a row then tackled and turnover is really p!ss!ng me off.

• Pman says:

Wow! I'd hate to hear your whinge if you actually lost!

• neil demons delight says:

Yeah and bring in Lever tell me who could cover that defensive role better,.I am not massive on him either but he is the general down there and the best we have. Petty will develop and Hunt will be a couple of weeks away Have faith in Goody we all have

• Cobee Bear says:

From a crow supporter: think you should just be happy your team took the opportunities when they presented, that's the difference in September and I think you can do some damage there. Goodluck

• neil demons delight says:

Crows still a chance though and cold do some harm CB Dees just short of being competitive. but you never know Crows did it when least expected cheers NDD

58. Rick Grimes says:

Should I take Cripps vc score or….. Just kidding.

59. BrownlowBoy says:

No offence Wow,

But rank mid season means absolutely nothing.

It's where you finish the season that counts, it's a marathon, not a sprint.

Cheers.

60. Hawks says:

Contemplating a Fyfe to Macrae trade, but cant decide if I'm best doing it now or prior to next weeks round.

I have coverage this week, although will be fielding Ahern, with Shuey and Fyfe on my mid bench.

I'm playing for leagues, but also trying to improve my rank of around 5k with a strong finish.

2 trades left, I'm thinking next week at this moment because if Macrae were to get injured this week, or if somehow Fyfe became available next week I would kick myself. May wait to see how Ahern starts today.

Thoughts please.

61. Corey says:

Originally Trading Sicily to Westhoff but at the moment Ahern 31 As my emergency is looking good

62. Connor says:

Woops. Second week in a row I've been at work and forgotten to sub Ahern on for T.Smith (Melb) after Battle scores poorly – I do it to myself

63. Finnius says:

Damn I don't have a way to get Ahern's score onfield. Killing it with 72 at half time.

• Holty01 says:

That sux mate. I was fortunate enough to have Buddy on bench with the E so have replaced him with Ahern.

64. Pman says:

Hey community I have Ahern as Emergency in my Fwd line and he has 72 points at half time and could go massive. I have the option to take his score but means I have to bench one of Westhoff or McLean, who does the community think is a better option to bench and why? Thanks..

65. Pman says:

Was leaning towards McLean too but is Bulldogs home game which muddies the water a bit, Westhoff probably is more consistent and has a higher ceiling. Cheers…

66. AFC1886 says:

Ahern on track to ton up, I have until the Port game to decide whether to loophole his score over Lachie Neale what is a benchmark score to take?

67. Defying_Madness says:

For some reason the majority of my opponents have Ahern on field, rip me

• Derek says:

I see the same. A few who had Shuey needed to have Ahern

• Captain Risky says:

Yes, Shuey out Ahern in for me.. Got a 17 from Howe to balance it out though.

68. neil demons delight says:

goldys perfect tap to Simpkin who got caught HTB .Cost Goldy 2 pts come on whats going on

69. Sam_01 says:

Should I take ahern over Neale or Mitchell, Mitchell will cup a banfield tag

Take Aherns score.
      Plus it would take a very brve person to bence the best scoring sc player this year. Id bench Neale probably

• r_calve says:

bench neale

• Cobee Bear says:

Bench at least one of them. Coin toss as to who though sorry

70. r_calve says:

i knew picking up deledio wasn't all stupid, got 6 in the first quarter and somehow ended up with 108

• Holty01 says:

Nice. If he can stay on the park for the rest of the season he will be a great pick

• Corey says:

Good point there Holty
        I’d be nervous about Delideo cannot deny he’s a gun tho!

71. Holty01 says:

Sunday started so promising and now Gray is happening. Lift will you

72. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Of all times to bench Ahern.

73. Defying_Madness says:

Was looking at maybe 2600 again but Ryan and Walters have other plans.

• Russty_ says:

I thought Ryan was injured, hardly seen him at all..some pretty underwhelming scores today.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Looks like I will only be in one finals series this time around, going to end 5th in my Won't Back Down league, winning today, but will miss out on 4th place on % and will be missing out on 8th spot in Jolly Roger also on % in spite of what should be a win today.

74. Yeahnah says:

What happened to Gunston playing in defence?

• Derek says:

I need him to score 98 for me to qualify for final of my cash league. 71 at 3/4 time

Ouch. That will be vlose Derek

• Lazza says:

Ohh, noo

• Valens_FC says:

Sorry Derek some bad suggestions on my part… the McGrath 59 would have done it for you. Thought you would trade in another defender, but the smith 16 beyond belief. Didn’t think that much risk to not taking a 59.

• Derek says:

No worries mate, taking McGraths score would have got me home, honestly I shouldn’t still have McGrath in the team, his midfield time hasn’t turned into points.

75. ryan3315 says:

Thoughts on Dunkley for the rest of the year?

Final fwd spot, tossing up between him, Tom McDonald, McLean and Wallis.

76. dontblushbaby says:

Traded Rocky to Macrae is he's going to get me into the 4 in 2 cash leagues ,Thanks Jack you gun

77. Russty_ says:

2351 here with Howe, Ryan and Buddy's turds, so pretty happy with that…. how'd yas all go?

• Holty01 says:

2401 for me with Howe. A lot of average scores by some premos but apart from Howe, no injuries so looking good for finals next week

• Defying_Madness says:

2526 here, team is going along nicely.
      Cogs, Hurley and my 2 freo boys today let me down

• Finnius says:

2451 for me Russty – Howe and Walters the villains.

• Russty_ says:

Nice work boys, some nice big scores there.

• Russty_ says:

Give it a rest 66..it's kinda pathetic…go pull some wings off Flies or something.

• KSinny says:

About 2350 with Howe, Gray, Buddy and crisp

• Russty_ says:

Pretty similar here mate, Howe, Gray, Buddy and Ryan…and no Ahern, you did ok considering.

• Ahmad rubas says:

2504 first time ever going above 2500 ahern 120 could of been useful ahead of Rocky 80 but still stoker with the score

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi Russty. After Howe concussion, and turds from Rance and Ryan, managed to get to 2410 this week. Ahern onfield for de Goey was huge for me today. Now have 3 trades to go shopping. Hopefully wont crater too much in the rankings after the earlier dramas. Cheers mate!

• Holty01 says:

Nice recovery Hawk. I made 2401 and did not have a forward score a ton.

• Russty_ says:

Hi Hawk, very serviceable score there mate, I missed the Ahern bonus unfortunately but dem's the breaks, 3 left here too, gotta see what happens with Howe this week ..hope he makes it back.

• Defying_Madness says:

Versed you in a few leagues this week Hawk. You still managed a strong score with the Howe injury, reckon it would have been way closer if he didn't cop that hit.
        Hopefully I get another chance to go against you in a few finals.
        Good luck mate

• The Ranger says:

2478. And no injuries!

• TBone_9 says:

Got 2305 Russty. Had Howe, Walters and Grays spud scores. Still 4 trades left though so time to go shopping this week I think!

• Russty_ says:

Yeah TBone Howe really hurt this week, over 2300 is a good salvage from a bad week, I didn't think I'd even get to 2200 at one stage.

• TBone_9 says:

Really did hurt, but sometimes making the best of a bad situation feels as good as a belter score! Think there’ll be any worries with Dev Smith or Howe to play this week? Really want to use a trade to go Dusty to Macrae. Bang!

• Russty_ says:

Yeah possibly mate…have to sweat it out until we know anything, sure pays to have a few trades in the bank just in case.

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

2508 this week with a few average scores as usual.. I'm looking at you Walters, Sloane, Savage, Hurley, Dusty, Mclean… but also a lot of big scorers to carry the team

• BockChoy says:

Only 2219 this week – normally you have overs and unders… alas this week it was all pretty much unders! Only Cripps, Gawn, Titch and Yeo exceeded their projected values which means the villains are:

Laird (91), Brayshaw (80), Hurn (91), Crisp (71), Vlastuin (78), Oliver (101), Merret (114), Ward (63), Coniglio (79), Dusty (83), Hoff (85), Nank (82), Gunston (85), Lambert (69), Heeney (91), McLean (80), Gray (65) and Boak (80).

None of them are really bad scores but all of them are down on expectation.

78. AuroraBorealis?! says:

ended up with 2427 pre-scaling, any idea what par is this week?

• Finnius says:

I think 2400 would be about par.

• dontblushbaby says:

2501 for me ,had Ryan also and could have looped Ahern but didn't see that coming from him .all good though

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I reckon my score of 2410 is about Par. Sums up my season so far. Just par.

• Marty says:

2430 for me with Ryan and Gray sub par.

• Mark Fawcett says:

Not too sure about that. I had 2,480 and round rank of 3,840 which put me in the top 2%. Actually, 2,400 might have been about par?

79. Sam_01 says:

2435 with howe and Walters so can’t complain

80. JohnDJ59 says:

Ended the regular season very well, scored 2361, won 8/10 of my league games and even toppled a few top teams in some very close games. In the Holy Grail league 12 v 2, I beat Doggies Woof who was ranked 27 before this weekend by 3pts and in Magnificent 7 18 v 2, I beat Long Live Jock by 2pts. Will only be playing in one finals series, in my Won't Back Down league where I came 5th, but to be able to win against some of the top teams, gave me some satisfaction.

• Russty_ says:

Nice strong finish there John, hey a final is a final, one is better than none bud..keep fighting it out.

• JohnDJ59 says:

It was a good finish Russty, even though I missed out on the eight in Jolly Roger by % only, winning most of my games this weekend has given me confidence for next week, coming 5th in Won't Back Down was good, just missed out on 4th by % also, but at least I get the chance to defend my premiership from last year and the team I play I beat in round seven, plus I got a better score than him this week.I also made two GF last year from 5th, for a win and a lose, so you never know, however I had more trades left last year

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Great stuff mate. Always nice knocking over some of the big boys in this SC caper. Hopefully you still have a few trades up your sleeve so you can rattle some cages in your league finals. Go well! Cheers John

• JohnDJ59 says:

Thanks TOPHAWK1, it was fun being able to do that, when I saw I was playing Doggies Woof I didn't give myself much chance, since he was ranked 27th and he had only just beaten me last week in my Won't Back Down league with a score of 2628, so it was very satisfying to get one back.

• neil demons delight says:

Yeah great stuff John and the dees won too woohoo good luck in your league NDD

• JohnDJ59 says:

Thanks Neil, very happy with the weekend results, I was a bit down after last weekend, so it was great that both the Dees and Black Flag could bounce back for me. I have to be honest, I really would have preferred us to beat Geelong than Adelaide, but 4pts is 4pts whoever we beat to get them. I think that makes sense.

81. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Hey guys and gals back in Aus.
    One helluva trip.
    Alaska was out of this world! 🐾
    A gem that you all should visit. Stunning. Stunning.

Cold back in Aus.
    Speaking of cold which genius came up with an idea to play a game in ballarat!
    Felt like – 3 apparently. Wet as well. Port even brought a microwave to keep the poor little players hands warm. Musta worked for dixon.
    As the squirrels say in alaska.
    Cold? C'mon im freezing my nuts off here. 🐿❄

Congrats blush super move on the mccrae trade. A winning move. Too good mate. Needed that one to play finals in the happy place. Good luck to all the JR guns.

2400 this week no thanks to ryan.
    Lucky i could loop ahern with Walters

Finals next week lets dance!

• Russty_ says:

Hi Trig welcome home mate, sounds like you had a kickass time…how'd you fare in SC while you were away…and were you able to get online at all to manage things?…cheers mate.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Rust ol' mate.
        Yep belta of a time.
        Mid 2400 avg over the 4 weeks i was away.
        So pretty stoked.
        Stayed around 2000 mark.

Logged in once at an airport to take titches vc score early.
        Logged in again to see nic nat and sicily done for the year. So had to trade. Was so close to going stanley and tomahawk. But chose the more regular route and went goldy and gunston. With sicily going down thought gunna may get get the role.

Should have scored 100 more last week but didnt get to change the c to titch so took gawn as c.

Lucky enough to loop ahern and walters this week as they played today.

Be a ballsy move – Might go for a harley ride next week. Be a cheap f7/m9 swing. Freo play late. Hmmm.

• neil demons delight says:

Good you made it back safely mate Well after missing out on per centage last year in The Happy Place this year I made 8th on per cent Real tough luck DEAFNESS who scored over 2500 and got done finishing 9th would like to know the per/cent there but can't get them Congrats to all finaliists NDD

82. Mark Fawcett says:

Moved up 12 spots to 58th overall:) Pretty happy. Ahern's 124 on the bench whilst copping Gray's 65 and Hogan's 60! Other than Coniglio's 79 everything else was 80 and above with some big scores from Gawn, Kelly, Cripps, Yeo, Simpson and captain Mitchell:) Final score of 2,480.

83. r_calve says:

lad's I believe I have found out how to make Mitchell score well, I captained him once in the past six weeks and that was against the doggies when he got 79, lowest score other than that is 136

you guys can thank me later for my selflessness 😉

• pigjumpprusik says:

Cheers mate

• Finals says:

I captained him for that 79 as well. And not in the past two weeks (had him this week but took Gawn's VC score). I look forward to making Titch my VC this week for a change!

• Russty_ says:

Cheers mate, your sacrifice will not go un-noticed 🙂

84. Jeffrey says:

My fwd line is: D Smith, Heaney, McLean, Gray, Walters.

Who should I get for last spot F6 to replace Sicily, money is not an issue as Sic is worth more then all fwd's.

I'm tossing up between these 5: Westhoff, Wingard, Bruest, Menagola, Hawkins. Thoughts or any other suggestions? Thx

• Russty_ says:

Hawkins…3 round average of 134.3 mate..I'd get him if I could afford to.

• Jeffrey says:

Thanks Russty. Just realised TomaHawk is the only one I can't afford. Who else out of the others? I'm tossing up between the 2 Port players Westhoff & Wingard as local derby home game this week & 3 out of 4 home games till SC GF?

• Russty_ says:

Breust would probably be the most solid pick mate, only one shitey score in his last 7…with Wingard a close second…he's been very solid too the last 8 rounds.

85. GeorgeS says:

is it worth going Boak to McDonald, Breust or Hawkins? Money isn't a problem and I think I have too many Port players (Winguard, Gray, Rockliff, although the latter is on the bench as M9 this week)

• Russty_ says:

Hi George, yeah I think it's very worth it going to Hawkins or Breust, Boak has been the 80's man the last 10 weeks or so, you need more than that if you can get it.

"Give me a C"…lol

• pigjumpprusik says:

I'd go McDonald out of those 3, Melbourne could annihilate GC at the G next week.

• Corey says:

Could wait a handful of weeks and trade Hawkins in for the last two rounds where Geelong play Freo and GC could win you a final with a huge score like Buddy

• r_calve says:

yeah boak is shocking

• GeorgeS says:

Thanks for the tips. Thinking at this point I might leave Rocklife as M9 and Boak as F7, though upgrading E. Phillips to Macrae and Fritsch to McDonald. Only problem is that option eats up almost all my $390K cash reserves, though I guess gives me decent bench cover (mid and forward at least)
      Probably change my mind 10 times before Friday

86. Richard says:

Hi community. Is it worth going Taranto to Wingard? I currently have 5 trades and my thought process is that even those taranto has been in form for the last month, wingard has been in form for the last 2 months and is just more likely to score higher from here imo. But i’d like to hear people’s thoughts on this. I also have Billings in that forward line but I don’t want to trade him this week as he’s playing the doggies.

• The Ranger says:

Not an easy one Richard, assuming that you're playing for leagues I'd suggest using those trades to get a decent loop hole working.before you pull a luxury sideways trade.

87. noah says:

Should i trade Hogan out and if so who for? I have 150 K Spare.

88. The Ranger says:

I bloody love Finals.
    Made the finals in all six of my leagues, top four in four leagues and top eight in the other two.
    Playing against teams ranked above me in every match…bring it on!!

89. Steeeve says:

I've been holding JJK. Not sure why, just conserving trades really (he's only my f7).
    He's out again next week. I'm tempted to bring in Walters for him, which will leave me with 4 trades (but cover across all lines except defence). I am worried because Walters is in a slump and has a bad knee so might not be picked for the final few rounds. However I only have about $450k to play with. What do you think?

90. TheGreatBozza says:

Pretty happy with a 2457 carrying some poor scores from Howe, Crisp, Dusty, Cogs, Walters, Gray & McLean.
    The Sicily to Crisp trade 2 weeks back has been a killer but i'm hoping Crisp can turn it around.

This week I'll look to move on JDG if confirmed he's out for longer than 2+ weeks. Who do we think is the best forward to bring in?
    I currently have D.Smith, Heeney, Hoff, McLean, Walters, Gray. Can afford anyone but Tommahawk

91. Russty_ says:

Hey Peeps, how many finals did you make this year out of how many Leagues?
    How many did you make the top 4 in and how many 5th to 8th?
    Do you think you'll need to trade this week to keep your hopes alive and finally…
    How many trades remaining?

I made 5 out of 10.
    Only 1 top 4 out of those 5.
    I think I might have to do 1 trade this week.
    3 trades remaining.

• Yeahnah says:

Made finals in all my leagues and finished 1st in my paid league, although I had a shocking week this week with 2270.
      Got 2 trades left, i want to bring in a F7 because my forward line is woeful at the moment but I’ll probably keep them for injuries

• Russty_ says:

Well done making all of em Yeahnah…especially your cash league nice with the double chance, yeah maybe best to hold fire if it's only an f7 you need.

• Holty01 says:

4 of 4 for me and all top 4 finishes so very proud of myself as it will probably not happen again. My priority is a cash league im in and playing someone who i think is out of trades so may hold this week which could jeopardize other matches.
      2 trades left.

• Russty_ says:

Nice result there Holty…4 for 4 is brilliant mate…best of luck bringing it home.

• Lazza says:

Hey Russty, I made 5 of 8 finals. 4 x Top 4. 3 of which are cash leagues 😛
      Have 5 trades left, but will use 2 trades this week to boost my squad. One being a down trade to gen some cash.
      None are forced, unless you consider dud Bud as a must trade.

Good luck in The Rat Pack against NDD… I’m playing Shake N Bake, and whomever wins will play the loser of your match…

• Russty_ says:

Thanks Laz, you've done well this year, nice one having 5 trades left, more than most at this time of year 🙂

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Hey Rust
      Finals 8 – 10 leagues (majority with the fine folks of JR)
      Missed out on the happy place finals thanks to the draw during the bloody byes!
      6 out of 8 finals have double chance.
      2 left in the trade cupboard.

It'll be gr8. Looking forward to locking horns with the best.

Those being being in no particular order:
      Gator
      INP
      Neil (NDD)
      Liam
      Patch
      Kyle
      Shakers (S n B)

Hi Trig,
        Bloody nice effort considering you've been hunting Wolves and wrestling Polar Bears the last month…and had to connect to the internet via a 1960's satellite..from your igloo…lol
        Good luck for your finals, some tough competition there.

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Thanks mate u 2.

Beamer is one of the main reasons i have made the finals during my os stint. He has been huuuge.

• Crow94 says:

Made top 4 in 1 of my 3 leagues and 5th to 8th in the others. Making one trade this week. Fritsch to a pod and will have 2 trades left

• Russty_ says:

Noice Crow…to make all 4 of your finals, yeah Fritsch has dropped off a bit lately, better to get someone more solid in there.

• Ahmad rubas says:

i made 5 out of 9
      only 1 top 4
      no trades this week
      5 remaining
      the positive is i made finals in the 4 leagues i care about negative is my top 4 finish is in the one finals series out of 5 i dont care about

• Russty_ says:

Nice one Ahmad, with 5 left this might be the week to do 2 trades to strengthen your squad cause it's sudden death if you ain't in the top 4….good luck mate.

• Derek says:

I stuffed up and put JSmith on field instead of keeping McGraths 58. Lost two matches by close margins, one was Piemans cash league that put me out of Finals and the other was the Rat Pack where I finished 9th.

Managed to finish 1st in Magnificent 7 (league rank 112) and 6th in the A Graders (rank 109), looking forward to those matches

• Russty_ says:

Hey Derek, that's bloody bad luck with Smith with his scoring so lowly…good to hear you still made a few finals 🙂

92. Holty01 says:

How on earth does Curnow get the same punishment as May. The match review is an absolute joke.

• Lekdog says:

Not sure how they both get the same but not suprised Curnow missed…having said that, he's a Blue so IT'S BULLSHIT

• neil demons delight says:

One of the first picked forwards next year I dare say.The future of Carlton

• dontblushbaby says:

I believe they should challenge it ,I've seen worse not even reported

• Holty01 says:

Yep and there argument should be 'if May gets a week, how on earth does Curnow get the same.'

• Holty01 says:

Lol. Agree that Curnow got the 1 game. May is just lucky Ed has a hard head. That could of been Martin all over again

93. Russty_ says:

Nice of the media to tell us that Buddy's been injured all season with a heel issue….now, and he's hardly trained all season, a bit more transparency would be nice!

• Sc_Wow says:

I thought that this has been common knowledge since he first missed with injury?

• Moosehead says:

No it hasn’t. He scored massively in the first game but hurt his heel and played the next couple of games then rested for three games and has been back ever since. Never was it mentioned that he couldn’t train. If that was the case many of us Buddy holders would have traded him when we had abundant trades.

• Russty_ says:

Agree Moose, I didn't know he wasn't training and being 'managed'…not sure why they were playing him if he wasn't 100%, seems silly…I certainly would've traded him if I knew he was under a cloud that was limiting his performance.

94. Lazza says:

Anyone hear Chris Scott on 360…what a cock. … reckons Higgins hand-to-foot when kicking his goal was a throw … so now I guess all players have to handball to their foot when kicking … there is no rule that determines how you must drop the ball to foot when kicking… can’t stand either of the whinging Scotts … both are sooks..

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Hand to hand a throw
      Hand to foot and to have IQ to make that split decision bloody brilliant.

Remind me.
      How did higgins slide all the way down to the tigers first pick in the draft?

They got a beauty there.

• Lazza says:

Yeh, I don’t understand that either. Champion Data had him as their #1 .. and so many teams use their stat rankings week to week but choose to ignore them in the draft … well, except one team … #17 is such an iconic number for the Tigers.. looks like it applies to draft picks too !!

• Hawks says:

Higgins dropped to the Tigers because he is not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Most clubs avoided Higgins because they thought that he would struggle with following a game plan.
        Apparently he couldn't follow the plans he was given in junior football.

• blimey says:

lucky he went to then

their game plan is harass the begeezers out of the opposition especially in the forward line, see ball, get ball, kick goal.

works a treat for jack.

• Russty_ says:

May not be the sharpest tool in the shed but you gotta love the passion he exudes, and the enthusiasm, he's a breath of fresh air and has a great attitude…got some Footy talent too.

• Russty_ says:

Was just a ball drop from what I saw, not sure about the rules when it comes to running around the goalpost but it was called fair at the time and was a goal so that's all that matters…gotta be goal of the year doesn't it?

95. Holty01 says:

We are still being harsh on a bloke who has arguably been the best scoring sc forward of the last decade. His downside is he can spud it up but he is my f7 so hopefully he goes huge in 1 or 2 of my finals. Could cost you in a league match but you would be insane not selecting him if going for rank imo.

• Russty_ says:

Not Buddy's fault though Holty if he's been injured and his Coach continues to play him, Buddy won me a few grand finals last year with his huge score, but if he's not up to it, he won't be able to give it his best.

• Holty01 says:

Not blaming him mate. Buddys problem is that he is too good. A lesser player would probably be rested but a half fit Buddy is still in ur best 22.