Round 18 SuperCoach Panic Room

Filed in Panic Room, Supercoach, Supercoach 2018, Talking Strategy by on 20/07/2018 • views: 5131

GAAAAAHAHAHAHHAHAAAAAAAA

(@SuperCoach Gods)

Honestly the first three days of round 17 were absolutely brilliant. Huge scores were everywhere, and not your random massive games from obscure nobodies that no one has. Cripps, Mitchell, Danger, Oliver, Laird all went yuuuuuuge and rewarded their owners. Then Sunday rocks up being as welcome as a fart in an elevator. Nic Nat has done his ACL on his good knee. Gray was infused into the Optus stadium turf. JPK was limping around. Ryder has aggravated his hip.

In true blue bad informercial from the 80’s form there has been a, “but wait, there’s more!” moment. Sicily has broken is wrist and is out for six / the SuperCoach season. Jimmy Webster is reminding us all he’s just a bit injury prone. Michael Hibberd has stayed in a few teams as the season has lurched from one disaster to the next. He’s out this week after a training injury. You can trade him guilt free. Finally!

Things are tough this week. Cash is light, trades are low. So what do we do when we fall off the horse…

… Well if you’re Patch, you yell at it… a lot. Join Patch and Lek in another wholesome podcast this week. With most of our premiums falling over some of the names in Barron’s Around the Grounds article could get a run this week. Captain McCaptainface is still here for some reason (probably because Patch can’t come up with a better pun). There’s also never been a more timely Damo cheat sheet to sink our eyeballs into this week.

THE NEWS

For tonight, Josh Battle found his way into a few teams before his injury. He returns to give his owners some forward line coverage. Jimmy Webster will miss as expected. The Tigers have brought in Menadue, McIntosh, and Broad but have lost Bachar Houli to injury.

The Pies have regained some BDE in the form of Mason Cox. Forgotten back Sam Murray also returns. North will go in unchanged. Horse has ruined our 2019 R3 plans by finally naming Darcy Cameron (RUC – 123.9k). Will be interested to see how he goes about things with Cal Sinclair. JPK has been named in the guts. The Suns have named Jacob Heron but have lost Jack Martin for the game. David Swallow is being rested. David Zaharakis is back for Essendon while Jake Long has been dropped. Taylin Duman has been recalled for the suspended Ryan Nyhuis. At the Dees, Joel Smith is another recalled rookie that might have been sitting on your bench doing nothing. Dom Tyson joins him on the ins list while Mitch Hannan and Michael Hibberd make way. Hendo will play his first game of the year at the Cattery. Brisbane are unchanged again, making my ongoing jokes that they make six changes a week look pretty foolish. Adelaide have lost Tex but regain some senior players in Daniel Talia and Mitch McGovern for the must win game.

Sunday is… well, Sunday is a bit silly.

Let’s suss out the relevant stuff. Kruze will miss for the Blues but they’ve proven Matthew Lobbe wasn’t drafted just for laughs by naming him on an extended bench. Kym Lebois (FWD – 123.9k) also gets an extended bench nod. James Sicily is the big out at the Hawks. Nathan Vardy has been named and looms as the obvious replacement for Nic Nat if West Coast opt for a like for like replacement against the might of the Bulldogs ruck department. For their part, the Bulldogs haven’t named any outs as yet, but have named Fergus Greene (FWD – 123.9k) on an extended bench. Big news for the final game of the week with Robbie Gray named, as well as Josh Kelly despite some rumours he’d miss. The Giants have named Brett Deledio for his first game six round 6. He’s on an extended bench though so watch for final team news. Paddy Ryder will sit out for Port. The trio of Kane Farrell (DEF / MID – 117.3k), Jarrod Lienert (DEF – 123.9k), and Aiden Bonar (FWD / MID – 157.8k) have been named on extended benches.

THE HOUSE OF EVIL

It’s all hands on deck this week. Bubble or not if you need a warm body on your field then pull the trigger.

These guys come with a free frogurt (that’s good!)

Colin O’Riordan (85 last week)

Alex Morgan (73 last week)

-55 – Jackson Trengove*

-21 – Brent Daniels*

These premiums contain potassium benzoate (that’s bad!)

Jack Darling – 207

Jack Macrae – 176

Josh Kelly – 157

Isaac Heeney – 157

Tobias Greene – 156

Tom Mitchell – 154

Lachie Neale – 148

Marc Murphy – 148

Bryce Gibbs – 134

Hoff – 127

SMOOTH KEVY’S LOCK OF THE WEEK

As was said in the house of evil it’s all hands on deck this week. 48% of us need to find a replacement for James Sicily as six weeks out ends his SuperCoach year for 2018 at 508k. Looking ahead to 2019 he’ll be a popular option.

Replacing him defence only Jake Lloyd may be out of reach for a straight swap. A sneaky punt on Gussy Brayshaw at 487k appeals. Also a mid, with Viney going down for the rest of the year his midfield time is a locked in for a bit longer. He’s been exceptional since his bye averaging a cool 109 with three tons and a low score of 91.

Up forward things are a bit more murky. Forwards are looking pretty garbage with only three averaging over 100 for the year. Could Jack Gunston head to the backline in Sicily’s absence? He played this defensive role back end of 2017 and averaged 101.8 from 7 games with only 1 score under 84.

HEY NOW, YOU’RE A DRAFTSTAR

Halle – freakin – lujah! We’re back, baby! No more of this Thursday night crapola ruining my week. My body clock is already confused as hell waking up at 1am and expecting there to be soccer on.

Looking at the match ups this week I’m weirdly drawn to Brisbane v Adelaide. Adelaide are sitting a game and percentage outside the 8 and this is a game they need to win to stay in touch. Brisbane’s prolonged rebuild has shown signs of life lately, can they knock off the Crows at home?

Our BFF’s over at Fantasy Insider have given us this ideal lineup for Saturday night.

My take:

RUCK

An interesting factoid; neither ruck on this slate gives up many hundreds in Draftstars. Stef has allowed only one, a 111 to Brodie Grundy way back in round 7. Sauce has allowed two: a 126 to Grundy in round 4 and somehow Rhys Stanley cobbled together a 101 last week. This has me looking a little further down the list.

Adelaide have allowed key forwards to score at an average of 85.25DS over the past month, while Oscar McInerney is not of the same ilk as your Gunston’s or Riewoldt’s, he needs a 61 to be value for 7.7k which is not beyond him. For the Crows, Tom Lynch has a rather handy 3-game of average of 128 vs Brisbane. With Tex out he should become more of a forward 50 target and I think he should smash value tomorrow night.

FWD

Brisbane has its struggles against medium forwards. Think of your Jarman Impey/Jy Simpkin types. Small, speedy half forward link players. Wayne Milera fits into this mould, as does Jordan Gallucci (also a MID). The returning Mitch McGovern is another that interests me. His injury affected 54 has brought his price down to a level that should see him achieve value quite comfortably.

DEF

Rory Laird will gather his usual 35 tonight but at 15.2k he feels overs. At that price you want 120’s and he’s not hitting that mark consistently enough. Adelaide allow the opposition number one rebounder to walk out of the defensive 50 so I’m looking at Alex Witherden here. He averages almost 5 rebound 50’s a game and has flashed a decent ceiling a few times this year. You could take that line of thinking and apply it to the lower ceiling of Nick Robertson at 9.5k as well. Or even Lek’s boi Daniel RichTom Doedee looks attractive at 10.7k based on his recent scoring.

MID

Adelaide are an absolute sieve to opposition midfielders. They’ve given up massive totals to Danger (151) and Gaff (148) recently. Dayne Beams scored 144 against Crows last time out and has one score below 112 in his past 8 games. Dayne Zorko could benefit too but has lesser record against the Crows than Beams. Hugh McBags’ last month has been phenomenal, averaging a tick under 100 he’s another one that should benefit from Adelaide’s loose checking mids. Cam Rayner was slow to find his feet at AFL level but his past three games have been a whopping 22.6DS above his season average. Rory Sloane at 12.3k will be popular tonight but I feel Jarrod Berry will be standing right beside him and we know Sloane doesn’t mix well with taggers.

My team:

We’re in the home stretch now, Community. I haven’t given a shoutout to the JR Group leader in a few weeks, Jonathan’s Danger Bont currently leading the charge only 555 points off first.

1. KingWinter7 says:

My defence looks like this: Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Sicily, Hurley, Hibberd (Rice, Redman)
    With only 2 trades left and 96k in the bank should I be trading both Sicily and Hibberd or just Sicily

Question is I could trade Sicily to Lloyd but that would leave me with only 10k to use my last trade with which wouldn't cut it as ideally I'd be trading Hibberd

If I traded Sicily to Hurn I'd be leaving myself with 100k in the bank which is far more useful for upgrading Hibberd but not having Lloyd hurts

The rest of my team is full premo with Billings as F7/M9 cover

Cheers and great article Kev

• SC_Kev7 says:

G'day King. I'd definitely be trading Sicily as the need to replace his scoring power is more needed than Hibberd. If you went Lloyd I'd settle for looping Hibbo and Rice for the rest of the year. That one trade becomes injury insurance.

• KingWinter7 says:

Cheers Kev much appreciated, asked in another thread aswell and Lloyd seemed the main answer. Just read Hibberd out for at least the next 2 weeks. Bit worrying. It's times like these I really wish I didn't start Kreuzer….

2. M.Rose says:

Who should I trade Sicily to? I have $41,700 in the bank.

Current Defence – E.Yeo, R.Laird, "J.Sicily", A.Brayshaw, J.Howe, J.McGovern

Any Suggestions???

3. TBone_9 says:

With 5 trades left after getting rid of Sicily to Lloyd. Is it worth downgrading T. Smith to someone like B. Daniels (GWS) to make an extra 100k? That 100k could be used to trade Dusty to Macrae or to upgrade if any more premos go down for the rest of the year. Cheers guys 🙂

• Derek says:

Trades more valuable than cash this time of year

• Ahmad rubas says:

If your happy with the rest of your team I wouldn't worry about the downgrade because I'm assuming your players will have high enough value to sideways trade if they go down

• The Ranger says:

At this time of the year I reckon you hold unless you really have to trade TBone.
      There's always next weeks injuries to deal with…

4. WhySoSerious says:

6 Trades left, 88.9k in the bank and have both Sicily and Nic Nat. Thinking of going Nic Nat to Martin, swing TMac into the forward line to cover Sicily and then bring in O'Roidan to D6. This will leave me with 381.1k in the bank which will enable me to bring in Macrae next week for Philips/Giro.

Positive: Shift Rockliff to M9, keep Billings @ F7 and maintain good flexibility to shift players between Fwd and Mid
    Negative: O'Roidan @ D6, Heron @ D7 and Ridley @ D8. Scary!

After all these trades I will still have 3 trades, 82k to find a D6 (Thinking Houli in a couple of weeks).

YOLO?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Those negatives are a bit too much for me. Who knows how Horse will treat Roid in the next few weeks. If he gets dropped then playing Heron with a shaky js or a non existent Ridley… nah

• BockChoy says:

Why so serious, indeed!

• The Ranger says:

I always think you should focus on getting your onfield team scoring the maximum amount of points you can and then worry about ya M9's and F7's WhySo.
      So I'd keep it simple and just get the best you can get to replace NicNat and the Flog.
      And keep 50K or so in the bank if you can.

5. aydo says:

Gday community any help or thought appreciated! Got 5 trades left and need to trade Sicily. It will take me 2 trades to get Lloyd in which is the only player I like out of those I don't have or do I only use one trade and get in a Brayshaw, Hurn or Crisp type? I've already got Laird, Simpson, Yeo, Hurley and Shaw.

• Derek says:

If I could go Sic to Lloyd with one trade I would, but with no cash I’ll be getting Brayshaw. I also have JSmith in guys to swing with if needed

Also consider Rance, McGrath and McGoven because they are so cheap

• aydo says:

It's a bloody hard decision this one. I've got Rice and Smith as back up. Am tempted to see the out put of rice tonight and loophole him if I'm lucky but I'd go Brayshaw at this stage if I use 1 trade only!

6. Stupid Coach says:

Great work Kev. Do I trade Sicily for Hurn or McDonald. Only reasons I am considering McDonald are price and ability to swing him with Keefe in the forward line in case I get injuries otherwise I would pick Hurn. Only have five trades left and not enough to get Simmo or Lloyd. Thoughts?

• SC_Kev7 says:

I'm sure we'll get another curve ball or two to deal with in the next few weeks. Do it. McDonald has an annoyingly high ceiling that can give you a leg up. He's lost his POD-ness a bit by being in 17% of teams, but still a decent option

7. Maverick_ says:

My side & my injured players with an asterisk.

DEF. laird, yeo, simpson, hurley, Webster**, hibberd**, (naughton taylor)

MID: danger, TMitch, oliver, beams, cognilio, Martin, Curnow, Martin (ahern Phillips Powell)

Ruck: Gawn nicnat** (olango)

Fwd: heeney McLean Sicily** DSmith Gray westhoff (battle TSmith)

Nicnat has to go either Martin or goldy.
    2nd trade I’m unsure on yet. Hibberd May be the go but next dilemma is to who? Will have roughly 180k after nicnat
    But keep in mind I have Webster and Sicily to deal with next week so don’t wanna spend my whole kitty
    Any help is appreciated

• The Ranger says:

Jeez Mav, did you walk under a ladder?
      NicNat has to go. Hopefully Naughton gets named for you.
      Maybe look at TMac? You can swing him back next week if Webster and Hibberd are still out.

• Maverick_ says:

I like your thinking with Tmac ranger. But he does post 60s which really puts me off but the swing is handy. Would love to know exactly how long hibberd n Webster are actually out for.

• Russty_ says:

Hibberd said himself he'll probably be in doubt for next week, and Webster tweaked the scar tissue in his Groin whatever that means..groin issues can drag on too.

8. jeff says:

Hurley, Crisp or Brayshaw for Sic?
    5 trades & 258k left, should I look to trade Fritsch and Sam Jacobs to anyone this week too?

9. Steeeve says:

Going into this weekend, after trading Sicily to Lloyd, I have 5 trades and $100,000 with no premo injuries and f7/m9 bench cover. How is everyone else travelling?

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

Nice Steve. I've gone Sicily to Hurley and Andrew Brayshaw to Sloane which moves Rocky to bench cover. Pretty much my whole bench is playing, which means I actually have no way to take advantage of my new mid loop hole this week. My only non playing player is Tim English who I'll use for captain loophole. 3 trades left for injuries and $22k.

• Lazza says:

Sicily and Richards to Lloyd and Brayshaw .. leaves 5 trades and $11k with Bont on the bench … cover on each line and full DDP cover. Have Gray on field.

10. John says:

One trade left and I have to choose between Kreuzer or Sicily to replace. (Hint – I also have Webster and Redman in the backline, but Lavander on the Bench for ruck).

In the real league, it would be time to take the stars and get them onto the surgeon's table right now while building up the trade value of potential trade bait.

11. Sarah says:

Can't decide between Hurley, Hurn or Brayshaw for Sicily – will be getting rid of Hibberd next week for Lloyd most likely, thoughts all?

• The Ranger says:

Plenty of us still tossing that one up Sarah, I'm leaning toward Brayshaw but…

• Sarah says:

I'm leaning towards Hurn but not sure!

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

Hurn or Brayshaw not much in it, maybe Hurn for less ownership %. I'm bringing in Hurley mainly because I need the cash for another upgrade, but he's been good also and seems to be coming into better form.

• fcabel says:

Like Brayshore

12. John says:

Devon Smith or David Mundy last FWD spot?

13. murray says:

I am thinking of holding Sicily this week and waiting for Mccrae to drop in price, need him to drop 30K to pick him up next week.

What would Mccrae have to score in R18 to drop 30K given his BE of 175 this week, If he dropped the 30K what would his new BE be for R19. Hoping someone can provide/do the maths for me
    thanks

• Marcus says:

If he hits his breakeven of 113, he will drop 28.0k. Therefore, you'll probably need a 105 or less for him to drop 30k

14. Oliver says:

What are the rumours surrounding J Kelly? Currently only have B. Daniels as cover in the midfield and he is listed on an extended bench. I also have Ahern forward, but want to keep him as an emergency incase R Gray is a late out. Like most people I have Sicily, but wanted to wait a week to have a look at how Gunston, Greene and Darling play this week. If Daniels is dropped, should I trade Sicily this week and swing Ahern into the middle as bench coverage?

• Lekdog says:

Rumours are his groin has flared up again

• Russty_ says:

Gray is confirmed to play…Hinkley said it himself, haven't seen any official news about Kelly or Danger and his 'illness' anywhere, if they're rumours, I wish people would confirm the source of the rumours.

15. James says:

VC on Dusty or Lloyd?

16. BockChoy says:

Well I simply just swapped Sicily (DEF) to Brayshaw but took me 5 moves to achieve it! I've lost my DEF/FWD swing but have now picked up DEF/MID instead.

Trade out Sicily
    Keefe FWD to DEF
    Ahern MID to FWD
    Trade in Brayshaw MID
    Swap Brayshaw (DEF) and Smith (MID)

3 trades left and $154k in the bank. With Cameron now named, I've got cover on all 4 lines for the first time this year!

17. Nathan says:

Is there any truth to Danger being a maybe due to illness?

18. Russty_ says:

Good to hear Harris Andrews has been cleared to play from next week, glad he doesn't have any permanent damage after that hit from Cameron, it'll be good to see him back in action again even though I probably won't be able to bring him back into my side.

19. The Ranger says:

Trades are gold at this time of year mate, don't trade unless you have to.
    A 60 now is better than a donut later.

20. Cliffy says:

As much as Brayshaw may appeal to me for a quick replacement option for Sicily this week as my main injury concern ("touch all the wood"), my gut is still heavily going for Hurley. Any cases as for why I should change that feeling? Haven't backed away from my gut all season…

• Cliffy says:

Also, as my Defence stands at the moment:

Lloyd, Laird, Simpson, Yeo, Sicily***, Howe (Austin, Redman)

• Russty_ says:

Hurley's alright Cliffy, good choice I reckon , gotta trust your gut feelings.

21. BrownlowBoy says:

Old McDonald, Rich, Witho or Rance?

With Andrews set to return, wondering how this will impact Rich and Witho?

Rance and Old McDonald? Both somewhat key position players?

22. Dogsdik says:

Laird, savage, hurley, lloyd, tmac, yeo(jsmith/cumming
    jpk,danger,parker,dusty,jkelly,oliver,cripps,titch(ahem/barry/brown)
    Max,grungy(cammo)
    Heeney,hoff,dsmith,walters,mclean, Sicily(battle/keeffe)
    I have a conundrum. Greene, Gray or Buddy for Sicily?

23. Brock says:

Currently ranked 155 with 3 trades left. I will be using one this week to trade Sicily to Brayshaw but I am wondering if I should use another to trade Fyfe to Macrae. Currently have Walters playing on field as a replacement for Fyfe. Any thoughts on what I should do?

24. Jeff says:

Who should I trade Sicily to out of Greene, Darling, Gunston, Buddy or McDonald?

• Dogsdik says:

Tmac, i reckon

• Russty_ says:

Gunston could be good if he takes over Sicily's role.

• Jeff says:

That's what I was thinking, but there's no way of knowing if that's what will happen.

• Dogsdik says:

Could be, depends on how they use him. Whats your thoughts on Greene, besides the obvious chicken feeding?

• theRealPod says:

A flog for a flog seems logical. Greene looked confident last week and will be fitter after the first up run. Also an awesome POD to have heading into finals.

25. Big G says:

I am considering Jack Crisp, Brayshaw or Michael Hurley to replace Sicily. Just scared with having TMAC and Buddy on having too many KP players. Can Hurley be just as good as Crisp?

• Russty_ says:

Yeah Hurley was dropping tons before Crisp ever improved to what he's doing this season, before this season mid to high 80's average was his best.

26. Diney says:

Ok experts. I have a very ordinary team hoping for a success in a family league.
    Sicily and Smith (Or Duman) for Brayshaw and Seedsman or Ryan and Rance.
    Only have an hour to make a decision. Probably do the latter. Right?

27. Lekdog says:

To everyone with defensive issues, my answer is Daniel Rich

28. Russty_ says:

Bit risky considering he's missed most of the season, definitely can go big as he has in the past, if he tonned up this week that'd help, need reliability at this time of year I think, not too much risk.

• Dogsdik says:

Yeah, would’ve, should be niggle free and fresh though and maybe running into form come SC final time. Dunno. Him, Robbie or the Bud will be my last trade. Can’t decide

• Russty_ says:

Probably Robbie for reliability mate, or Buddy for potentially going huge, he's boom or bust though, Bad Toby could deliver but you never know how rusty he is, I'll say Buddy, cause I believe he'll deliver in the SC Finals.

• Dogsdik says:

I agree with ya in a very rational sense. But, given the mad push against plastic, I’ve taken the karma route, hung my backside out to the SCG’s, and gone Green. It could hurt alot hahaha

29. johnny says:

stef martin 3rd avg 131 (555k) or goldy 3 rd avg 122 (570k) for nicnat?

• BadgerHoney7 says:

flip a coin – for me I am going goldy because his last 8-9 have been so consistent.

• Maverick_ says:

Take martin & bank the cash. Nice run home too

• theRealPod says:

Goldy v Grundy today. I would stear clear and choose Stef

30. Macca says:

Last premo upgrade tossing up between Buddy and Jack Gunston. I'm thinking Gunston should probably gain a few points in Sicily's absence on top of his already consistent output. But then there's Buddy who can make or break your season come finals.

What does everyone else reckon?

• The Ranger says:

If it's a straight choice between Gunston and Buddy then I'm going Buddy every day of every week

• Dogsdik says:

Agree. But, what about a choice between Gray, Bud and Greene?

• The Ranger says:

Greene, Bud, Gray.
          Greene will be playing angry and he's good when he plays angry.
          Bud cos he's Bud.
          Gray last 'cos he's got the concussion risk and Ports run home is tough.

• Dogsdik says:

Thanks Ranger. I settled for Greene and read your post afterwards. Hope we’re right. Cheers man

31. Gem says:

Nic Nat to Grundy leaves me with 30k in bank
    Goldy and Martin leaves me with 80 – 100k in bank

Thoughts?

• Russty_ says:

How many trades left Gem?..regardless I reckon Stef…save a da money for your next injury upgrade.

• Gem says:

I have 6, I've used one this round to get some cash, another to trade Nat, will leave me with 5

32. Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Gees ive seen some free kicks!

33. Marty says:

Can i go back in time and not barrack for the Saints?

34. FearTheBeard says:

I'm stumped guys.

Low on trades.

Macrae in for Sicily and play Ahern as a FORWARD ON FIELD?

OR

Westhoff on field and Ahern as bench cover?

35. Lazza says:

Dusty is back baby….

• Russty_ says:

Yeh Lazza, it's StKilda though, that's like saying Billings is back against Carlton last week. I hope he's back..he's in my team for better or worse.

• Lazza says:

Billings is back … in the doldrums 😃

• Lazza says:

I know .. just happy to have in my team…. you must be pumped having Higgins … he’s gunna ton up.. is he on field or loop?

• Russty_ says:

I'm gonna take his score and leave Gray off if he goes high enough, 🙂

• Lazza says:

So will you take the 108?

• PizzaSafety says:

This is why you hold! We saw it with Fyfe last year. I have being saying all year that Dusty has clearly been carrying an injury when you watch him. He looked ginger and slow between contests for the best part of 10 weeks until that has slowly changed over the last few weeks. The run and carry, speed and strength is back. Hell yeah.

• Ahmad rubas says:

The Fyfe example is a very good point going into the bye he had 1 120+ score after the bye he had 6 120+ scores

Yeah Laz, taking the 108

• Ja191 says:

imagine if he actually bothered to tackle lol

• PizzaSafety says:

For some reason he's gone from averaging 3.87, 3.64 and 3.52 in '15, '16 and '17 to a career low 1.93 this year. Hopefully he can pick that up a bit but I would guess it's partially to do with him carrying some injury for much of the season.

• Lazza says:

Was injured in the R5 Melbourne game Pizza, .. took a huge hit on his hip… hadn’t been the same till last couple of weeks .. he is warming up for the SC finals 😃

• Rick Grimes says:

Was only Saints but he looked more up for it than other weeks. Shades of last year.

36. AFC1886 says:

Opponent had the C on dusty which leaves me behind the eight ball
    VC Buddy C Titch
    VC Gawn C Titch?

37. L G says:

With Sicily out who are the top 6 defenders ?

• Lazza says:

Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Simpson, then any 2 of Ryan, Crisp, Hurn, Hurley, Brayshaw, Howe

• Finnius says:

Lloyd, Laird, Simpson, Yeo, Crisp and Howe for me, although Hurley, Ryan and Brayshaw will all be around that mark. I don't rate Hurn as a pick.

• PizzaSafety says:

Hurn has been in form since late last year but he has so many years of not performing consistently at the this level and that makes me think that at some point he will revert back to the old Hurn.

• Finnius says:

Agreed. My rule is if they are over 27 and are having a significantly better season with no clear role change I stear clear. Too risky for him to just drop. Also has a bad flaw which when I have walters tmac gray and howe hurts you in a league match. Going for the consistency type players next year I think.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Well, after last night you can put a line through "rancid" Rance and Savage. Both putrid. For me the top defenders are Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Hurley, and Howe. Very close behind are Ryan, Crisp, Brayshaw, Andrews, and Hurn,

• Derek says:

I thought about Rance as a Sicily replacement, he is so cheap……….. for a reason.

I like defenders who play as midfielders. Will get Brayshaw. Got McGrath a few weeks ago as a sneaky POD, getting more midfield time

38. Azzza says:

Ranked 9th in league, 4 trades left, 300k in bank and two tough matches coming up.

Trade Sam Jacobs to Grundy, Stef Martin or Goldy? OR hold trade?

Thoughts community?

• Finnius says:

I like sauce to Grundy. Great option with that much cash to make it into the eight. Might as well not die trying.

• Derek says:

Who do your two opponents have?

• Azzza says:

Martin/Gawn and Grundy/Gawn

• Russty_ says:

What did you end up doing Azza?

• Azzza says:

Still have Sauce. It's either trade him to Martin or save a trade this week.

Opponent has Martin, and titch as captain, looks like a close one. Can't loophole so have to choose between Gawn or Titch.

39. Rick Grimes says:

Brought in Short few weeks ago as I didn't have much cash. The kid is a gun. Since round 10, scores of 90, 101, 111, 97, 105, 86, 95 and 114. As we heard ad nauseum last night, "the tigers just love putting the ball in his hand, don't they?".

• BrownlowBoy says:

Big POD too I'd assume.

Great pickup.

• Corey says:

Straight into my team next season

• Maverick_ says:

great pickup Rick. I went hibberd to brayshaw this week but webster to short next week is looking a real possibility if he isnt too pricey?

• Rick Grimes says:

Bradshaw in for me too. Offers the handy def/mid swing. As long as J Smith keeps his spot at least i have some cover.

40. theRealPod says:

For anyone that cares, Dangerfield is playing tonight. Confirmed by the man himself. Carna Cats.

• hedski says:

I'm banging the C on him Pod.
      Go cattas.

• theRealPod says:

I thought he was going to double ton but I reckon the energy levels peaked at half time, and the tag slowed him as well, but a herculean effort for a bloke that was crook all week. Carna Cats, onwards to September.

41. TheGreatBozza says:

Anyone worried about Crisps output with Murray back for Collingwood. I’m leaning to Crisp as my Sicily replacement, but strongly considering Hurley and Brayshaw

42. TOPHAWK1 says:

Who is everyone whacking the VC on this week? I am thinking of going Danger into Titch. I am leaving Grundy and Gawn alone this week. Grundy up against Goldy and Gawn got injured the last time he played the cats in round 3 last year. He missed 10 weeks after that. Could be a bad omen folks!!! Might be playing on Gawnie's mind too. Dangermouse racked up 36 pozzies with 3 goals in this corresponding match last year.

• TheGreatBozza says:

I’m going Heeney in to Gawn. Due to lack of loop options, Saturday night game is my last option for a captin

• Maverick_ says:

dangers been in bed all week wasn't even allowed down the club so he may be off his game and possibly rested either fwd more.
        If it wasn't for this i'd be tempted by him.
        I'll play it safe with gawn into TMitch i think TH.

• Rick Grimes says:

I'm also going Heeney for a speculator. If he bombs I go Maxy or ol leather hands.

• Derek says:

I’m doing same. Heeney to Gawn.

Lucky I have Olango, only non-playing bench this week

• Maverick_ says:

why so much love for heeney? JPK is playing… i know its GC but surely he doesnt go 130+ and outscore gawn?
            You blokes have me on the verge of changing to isaac now haha

• Rick Grimes says:

I reckon he'll kick a few to go with his 25+ touches. Just fancy him to be the guy getting loose.

I'm going for Buddy Hawk..hoping he kicks between 8 and 12 goals lol

43. Corey says:

With Brad Crouch for 2019 considering he didn’t play at all this season does his price change from 529K for next season

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Yes. He will be cheap at the start of next year. Probably just under $300K

• Derek says:

He will get a 30% discount, $367k.

Still more expensive than Hanners

Docherty will be cheaper than 500k

• SC_Kev7 says:

Will CD pass on his full discount though? I can see them doing an O'Meara with it. 15% discount puts him under 450k. Fair risk v reward price

• Russty_ says:

He'd have to have a perfect preseason for me to go there next year, he's so damn injury prone, in the O'Meara category but JOM has done ok this year albeit still a bit inconsistent, and stayed in one piece so Crouch could theoretically do the same next season.

44. Daniel says:

Do I back in walters as a pod in my h2h matchup or play ahern to cancel out my opponent, can't loop as one is in the mid bench and the other is in the fwd line?

• Maverick_ says:

risk it if your down on your projected or even if it has you up by a good margin play it safe. walters is a YOYO and inconsistent atm

45. Josh says:

I need to get rid of Sicily and Nic Nat this week but I only have $18.5k in the bank.
    Should I:
    1. Trade in Stef Martin and Luke Ryan
    2. Trade in Cal Sinclair and Brayshaw/ Hurn/Robbie Gray
    3. Trade in Dawson Simpson and Lloyd/Kade Simpson

• TheGreatBozza says:

I’d probably go option 1. Luke Ryan has a nice ceiling and I’d say Martin is much better than the other ruck options

• Maverick_ says:

probably option 1. not sure i trust L.Ryan but stef is the superior ruck option of the 3

46. Neil demons delight says:

First one seems to have the least problems and Martin definetly the superior ruck NDD

47. Ja191 says:

Dear Ross Lyon,
    Please stop playing walters full forward and play him in the guts where he racks up the pill

Yours truly, annoyed supercoacher

48. Locked and Loaded says:

Who to trade in for Sicily?

Westhoff, Greene, Gunston?

Cheers fellas

• Ja191 says:

hoff. I like gunston as a pod only if he takes sic's role which I'd wait a week and see

• dontblushbaby says:

I'm also looking at Knob Head this week, still have Tracca and want to upgrade next week

49. PizzaSafety says:

Was only the saints but he was tagged at times from q2 onwards so pretty impressive.

50. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Who needs Webster when you have mihocek! Ahern on field instead of Boak though but there are still 3 quarters to go

51. BrownlowBoy says:

Hopefully no one traded JPK!

52. dontblushbaby says:

Isaac Heeney ? WTF ? I know most have him ,but get a kick son

• BrownlowBoy says:

Up to 40 points at the qtr.

• dontblushbaby says:

He must have heard me, he was on 5 SC points, he's now on 40 at 1/4 time !,, I didn't know Isaac was a subscriber to the JR Community

53. Finnius says:

Looks like Murray in is hurting Crisp's scoring. Frustrated bringing him in this week.

• TheGreatBozza says:

I know the feeling. I even flagged it in an earlier comment then still went Crisp. He scored ok rounds 7-9 with Murray in the side. Hopefully he has a big 2nd half

• Cobee Bear says:

He scores very quickly from limited possessions so fingers crossed

• Russty_ says:

Know how you feel, brought Lloyd in this week and he doesn't seem to be doing much..the ball's been down there plenty too!

• Cobee Bear says:

I wouldn't be surprised if Murray gets dropped. He is finding the ball but giving away a lot of frees

54. TheGreatBozza says:

Who should I drop for De Goey? I’m thinking Gray based on the injury risk

• Russty_ says:

He's cleared to play though Bozza so not really a risk, Gray or maybe McClean if you have him?

55. BrownlowBoy says:

Jacob Herron actually isn't as bad as I thought he was.

• BrownlowBoy says:

And neither are the Gold Coast based on that quarter of football.

• Russty_ says:

Swans seem to be reacting to everything the Suns want to do, not playing their game..they must be a bit shell shocked, reckon Longmire will give em a good serve down in the rooms.

56. Ahmad rubas says:

thoughts on heath shaw as a cheap D6 option. i like webster at that 420k or less price but will his groin injury mean he misses more than this week?

57. dontblushbaby says:

Colin O'Riordan looks nice downgrade to gets some cash next week, might also be a looper the way he's scoring

58. Ja191 says:

being tagged by holman I think

59. Cobee Bear says:

Did anyone VC Buddy or Heeney?

• Moosehead says:

Yep, I did. Wouldn’t you think he’d kill GCS’s?

• Cobee Bear says:

Or just Sydney killing GC in general. I never would have thought GC v Syd at the SCG would prove a better spectacle than Pies v Kangas at the G!

60. Bob says:

Gawn or Danger C after failed Buddy C

• Maverick_ says:

gawn. dangers had the flu all week and been bed ridden.
      surely he isnt 100% fit, he may play fwd quiet a bit tonight

• Cobee Bear says:

I was going to say Danger until the flu was mentioned.

61. Russty_ says:

What's that strange song they're playing at the SCG?…haven't heard that for a long time!

62. Darren Gaspar says:

Take Ahearns 62 or go Spargo?

• Cobee Bear says:

I'm in thec same position, might role the dice

He did get that 91 last week but before that he got 34 , 52 and 31

• Darren Gaspar says:

I’m I may take Ahearns 62 and leave Spargo as FWD emergency on the off chance either McLean or WIngard are late outs although I do think Spargo will go 60- 90 range.

63. Stupid Coach says:

VC – Gawn or Danger
    C – Titch or Crisps.

64. Defying_Madness says:

Merret you bloody gun. Absolutely been tearing it up as of late. Tagged by banfield the whole game and still got a massive 120+ score. Will probably pick him again next year.

• Russty_ says:

Well done DM, wasn't looking good score wise earlier on too, Dev Smith had another ripper game too.

• r_calve says:

he doubled his score every quarter
        1st=15, 2nd=30, 3rd=60, 4th=120

65. AFC1886 says:

Do I loophole Mihocek’s 101 with any one of Laird, Simpson or Yeo or back all of them to go bigger than that?

66. BrownlowBoy says:

Danger is on tonight.

67. TOPHAWK1 says:

Danger VC. Seriously, he runs the show down there at the cattery. Unbelievable half! Keep going Dangermouse!! 🙂

• BrownlowBoy says:

A second/third key forward (with Harry/Buzza/Menzel/Henry) all doing those roles in the last 3 weeks, Danger has been able to spend more time in the midfield, which is great for Supercoach (and also Geelong I feel).

I don't like his second goal. The decision to pay a free kick is correct. The rule is the issue, and needs fixing in my eyes.

68. hedski says:

Tight game Neil, big second half coming up.
    Go cattas. Go captain Danger.

• Neil demons delight says:

Yeah mate great game and well done Cats Just can't seem to beat you guys.I said it early days Geelong would win the flag See no reason why they can't especially with tomahawk Cats fans lap it up maybe .just maybe we will meet again Good luck to you fellas NDD

69. Crow94 says:

If Dangerfield gets Mid/FWD next year 😀😯

70. Stupid Coach says:

So much for Danger being affected by the flu!! The only disease he is suffering from is leather poisoning. Really glad I made the decision to change the VC from Danger to Gawn to match my opponent.

• Ahmad rubas says:

I did the same cause of the flu might have to back Cripps in now

• Russty_ says:

Yeah funny how no one could confirm a source on that Danger being sick thing…maybe they started it lol

• Ahmad rubas says:

He was meant to be on a show this week I forget which one and they said he wasn't going to come because he was sick all week and in bed so I think it was legit

• theRealPod says:

You should of heard him on Reel Adventures on Sat. morning SEN. He sounded like he had a bull frog in his throat but said he felt better than the last few days and was raring to go. I reckon he played on half a tank but still played enormous. GO CATS

71. hedski says:

Get a kick Danger.
    That goes for the rest of you cats…

• Russty_ says:

Harmes has shut him down, but I bet he'll still do something special in the last.

72. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Hawkins has been a great sc draft selection

73. Russty_ says:

Tim Kelly just went from 75 to 104 SC Points!

• BlueBaggerJosh says:

clutch kelly

• Russty_ says:

T-Mac went up a heap with that last goal too. Kelly's gotta get Rookie of the year.

• r_calve says:

same with Duncan, he got like 20 points in the first half and then somehow tonned up, fanfooty labelled him as a turnover merchant

74. Russty_ says:

Touhy!!!! wooohooo, what a great game!

75. hedski says:

WOOOOOO HOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

• Russty_ says:

Nice win mate!…bloody nail biter that one, gotta love having an Irish bloke in your side who can kick straight like that 🙂

• Neil demons delight says:

Someone sent me an irish joke about virgins and red and blue balls .They are quick and witty these cats Laughed and sent it to Trev Can't elaborate bit risque

• Neil demons delight says:

I need another laptop and TV and a big hankie maybe the shed with a few friends NDD

• hedski says:

Was a great game Neil, I thought we were gone. 👍🍺

• BrownlowBoy says:

So did I Hedski!

Dead and buried when the Dee's kicked the first in the last quarter.

• Neil demons delight says:

Would rather play the TIGES than the cats anyday Cats are always dangerous 3 points seperate us in elites Will you take mihocek's 101 NDD

• hedski says:

Couldn't loop him with Austin playing Friday night, wish I had of fielded him over Savage.

• theRealPod says:

You bloody rippa, what a come back win!! My TV needs counseling and my voice box needs replacing, not sure the neighbors will be there cheery selves today either.

The Cats need to knight Tomahawk asap and sign him up until he's 40.. WOW what a game!!!

76. The BONT says:

I had gawn as VC so who should I have as captain.
    Macrae or Mitchell

• r_calve says:

MacRae, Mitchell is probably gonna cop a tag and he usually dost get amazing scores when hawks win cos he doesn't have to carry them

Macrae

77. BrownlowBoy says:

Up the Catters!!!!!!

@AFL did you watch that game?

Go and shove your rule changes up your bum

• Neil demons delight says:

yup BB shove it TOP game

• BrownlowBoy says:

Brilliant game NDD.

Genuinely thought we were done, when Dee's got out to the 6 goal lead.

You have a very scary team, unfortunately as a Cats man I think we are treading water, not really improving and if anything slightly getting weaker. Melbourne on the other hand have youth and are continuing to grow.

I know for a fact, I would not want to face Melbourne come finals time.

• JohnDJ59 says:

If we keep losing the close games, Geelong 3pts, Port 10pts, St.Kilda 2pts and now Geelong again we won't even be playing finals.

• Neil demons delight says:

Funny cause I don't want to face the cats. I think it comes down to your bottom 6 players and the cats win there. Melbourne have 3 or 4 who are just not up to it but the best we have.Kennedy-Harris Weeds Tyson and Vince are sub standard cheers mate

78. Cobee Bear says:

Has something happened to Gawn? I was watching the other game and it looks like he didn't touch it in the last qtr

79. BlueBaggerJosh says:

cripps or titch for the C? Both most likely going to cop the howe and curnow tag respectively.

• Ahmad rubas says:

I think Cripps cause it's at Etihad logic says titch against bottom team but as a Carlton fan I have to back Crippa

• Randomcliche2 says:

Tough call bud. I'm in the same boat.

80. TBone_9 says:

What happened to Doedee? Only scored a 24 and fanfooty had him listed as injured

• Russty_ says:

He copped a head high tackle from McStay that took him out of the game in the 3rd quarter, Murphy also got concussed in a marking contest and was out of the game.

• TBone_9 says:

Cheers Russty, should he be alright to play next week or is that another trade I have to make you reckon?

• Russty_ says:

Not sure mate, he wasn't knocked out or anything but he was groggy, happened just after the 3rd quarter started, it's up to the club doctors how bad the concussion is and if he'll miss next game.
          Cutler's hit on Murphy looked like the Cameron hit on Andrews..dirty.

81. AFC1886 says:

Who should I field at F6 JJK or McLean?

82. Tiger says:

Hi community, playing for league win. Currently second playing one of my mates who is first. I'm approximately 190 behind but with 4 players more to play, and all promos. He currently has the c on Mitchell but I think he'll go to McRae. I was thinking both Mitchell and Cripps will get heavily tagged. But I'm thinking Cripps is a better choice between those two as curnow is a great tagger/ player, or playing a little safer and going Gaff at home against the bullies. I haven't beaten my mate the last 3 years so you're thoughts appreciated. Cheers .

• r_calve says:

gaff will most likely cop a Dunkley tag and doesn't usually get captain worthy scores and your right about titch and crippa, if you have yeo he may be an option but what others players do you have today?

83. noah says:

Cripps or Titch for VC

• BrownlowBoy says:

Cripps averages 88.7 against the Hawks, but his last 4 scores at Etihad have been 115, 143, 109, 156 which is a 4 round average of 130. Mitchell has an average of 114 against Carlton and an average of 98 at Etihad with his last 3 games being 75, 116 and 79 with that averaging to be 90

• Ahmad rubas says:

im going cripps etihad stadium hopefuly silvagni interview fires the boys up with crippa leading them

• Derek says:

I had VC on Oliver, he almost scored enough.

I’ll stick with TMitch as C, only because nearly all my league opponents (except the few who had C on Gawn) have TMitch after Gawn’s poor score, and I think i’ve Got most of them covered I’ll be safe with TMitch.

84. Ahmad rubas says:

Jaeger o'meara late out will titch score higher with jaeger out?

• Derek says:

Means more points for TMitch. Don’t think O’Rorke will be taking many.

I just can’t wait to see Lobbe play, tapping it down Crips throat,

• BrownlowBoy says:

Who you backing to score more Derek? Crippa or Tmitch?

• Derek says:

the hawks midfield is lacking some depth. Ceglar, TMitch, Howe, Shiel, Worpel.

Except for TMitch, the rest are very defensive and will be very focused on just stopping Cripps.

I think Cripps will find it harder going than TMitch.

No Kruzer, Cripps is going to do a lot of hard lifting in guys and work very hard to get his hands on the ball.

85. Ja191 says:

Simmo could be a good c option with Thomas out

86. Russty_ says:

Hey guys, weather report in Perth today says 90% rain and 40 km+ winds, could be a tough day for the goal kickers.

87. Russty_ says:

Bit of a flog act from Daniel Howe, punches Cripps in the jaw in the first 2 minutes of the game. Lucky Cripps is ok.

• Audrey Horne says:

That’s when a sin bin/red card scenario should come in.

• Derek says:

If he was holding his jumper he might get away with it

• Russty_ says:

No holding Derek, just a straight right cross to the jaw, think he's in trouble.

• Defying_Madness says:

I think he gets 0-1 weeks for that

• Holty01 says:

Yep because Cripps gets up and plays out the game. If he did it to someone like McCartin he would probably get 5 weeks. The AFL need to fix this problem up. They punish based on the harm u inflict oppose to the action of the player. As some commentators have said recently, if you want to hit someone, make sure they have a hard head.

• Russty_ says:

So Howe gets 2 weeks for the Cripps punch and maybe more weeks tonight for tripping Zac Fisher over resulting in a broken leg.
      Think he might be trying to gain membership into the Flog club, maybe he could take Sicily's spot.

• MrsFisher says:

The 'trip' was a flat out kick to the ankle mate. He's gone way past flog

• Russty_ says:

Yeah agree, more like a flat out kick, what a dumb act, wonder what he was thinking to do that to someone.

88. musicissport says:

Not watching the game, what the hell is Charlie Curnow doing is he injured?

89. musicissport says:

Oh well at least I have the C on Titch….

• Cobee Bear says:

Very lean round for me with: Heeney, Franklin, Caddy, Crisp, and Spargo. Billings > Caddy by far and away my worst decision of the season, with selecting Billings and Hibberd as starters a very close second

• BockChoy says:

Hope for a big effort from Titch in the last few minutes… see if he can top 200… he'll go close!

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

Kind of happy Gawn went poorly now, meant leaving Titch as captain!

90. The Ranger says:

Regretting I called heads instead of tails in this mornings Cripps v Titch coin flip for the C

91. BrownlowBoy says:

Keefe is now in, if you were using him as a loophole, slap it on someone better!!!

So much for my cunning plan to get Higgins' score , go Keefey! LOL

92. Mill the Pill says:

I know the big heads who are doing well and know everything will disagree but LUCK is just about everything in SC. I am playing a guy who has a slightly better team than me, he is 1st and I’m 3rd and I am in the high 1000’s range so I assume he is better than that. He picked Gawn as his C and I picked Titch and it looks like I will beat him. Thank you SC gods. How many others out their fluked the right C this week? On my way to 2600+. Go Eagles.

• Neil demons delight says:

no MILL the only two that would disagree with you are gone Perfectly true mate luck plays a big part

• Sc_Wow says:

He should of put the vc on Gawn and the luck would be limited would it not? Glad you’re still thinking of us NDD. My teams been doing well just over the sooks on here 👍🏼

• Derek says:

Over the course of a season and playing for rank, luck will even itself out.

If you isolate it to one league game for one week there is always plenty of luck needed for a weaker team to win

93. Crow94 says:

Regretting taking the C off Titch now….

94. Defying_Madness says:

Titch captain <3

95. The BONT says:

Thanks to those guys who said put the C on Macrae instead of Titch. BTW Macrae is on 6 at quarter time

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I'd be spewing too.😡 That is tough mate.Always trust your own gut and instinct.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

The people on these forums only offer advice, you must take this into consideration and then make an informed decision yourself. Stop blaming other people for your mistakes

• Rabbits16 says:

ouchi

• Derek says:

I doubt anyone would have said that seriously, not with Dogs playing in Perth

96. TOPHAWK1 says:

C on Titch. You little beauty! He went absolutely ape sheit today. That 194 is the highest score this year I think. Cripps very good too. About time I started nailing the right captains. Touch wood, 3 weeks in a row.

• Finnius says:

I've had shocking captaincy choices this year tophawk – I think its what has kept me down around the 2500 mark rather than in the top 1000 or so. Finally got one right! (along with 90% of the rest of the comp though…)

• WTFoxtrot_58 says:

Good work Toppa.
      One on a row for me…

97. Rabbits16 says:

mitcheeelllllll yiewww.

98. hedski says:

And to think I was happy with Dangers 126, thought Curnow would be all over Titch.

• Randomcliche2 says:

For what it's worth both bolts and fags tagged Smith for good reason…can never know who will cop it, but I'd lock up Smith first.

99. Steeeve says:

Second time in three weeks I had a choice between Gawn amd Titch for the C. Second time I've been wrong. Must have cost me 200 points. This is how you drop down the rankings even at full premo.

• Beezneez says:

Vc on Gawn C on Mitchell. Easy loophole this week.

• Wedge says:

You always need a non player to loophole. It gets harder when you get to Sunday. Some people wouldn't have that option

• Beezneez says:

Realised that after I posted. If Gawn had have scored well I had forgot to interchange Olango and Grundy prior to the Collingwood match. My only other option would have been Keeffe. Luckily Gawn's score meant the c stayed on Mitchell. If Gawn had scored well I would have been stuck with Keeffe as c cos I was out and was unaware of Keeffe's late in. Luck can play huge part. Scored 2629 so pleased with that.

• Steeeve says:

I should have but decided to use a VC into Gawn. Figured Gawn had a low chance of a terrible score (which he avoided, 93 is not bad for a "poor" outing) whereas Titch had been bad at Etihad.
        Logic was there but did me no good.

• Trades says:

About 90 points

• Steeeve says:

I meant with both weeks put together but thanks for the math lesson lol

100. musicissport says:

What's par this week folks? I'm looking at around 2460, had Titch as C but also stinkers from Charlie & Buddy and unders fron Simmo, Hurley, Heeney, Gunston & Gawn.

101. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Ended up with 2,554 pre-scaling. How did everyone else do this week?

• BrownlowBoy says:

2544 with Doedee's 24.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Nice score BB, especially considering the 24 from Doedee

• TOPHAWK1 says:

2500 for me. Will take it after all the turds and carnage.

• dognino says:

2640 for me, finally a good Sunday

• JohnDJ59 says:

2,463, won 4/10 league games, lost one by two points.

• KSinny says:

2555

• Defying_Madness says:

2626 this week really happy with my score

• Ahmad rubas says:

2427 6 wins out of 9 if i had captained titch could of been a clean sweep of wins positive is i won 3 out of the 4 leagues i care about

• Finnius says:

2599 for me – best of the season so far.

• Holty01 says:

2483 with taking Narkles 26. Was meant to bring in Smith for Sicily but lost track of time on Saturday. Ended up costing me a win and 96 points.

• Chris says:

2725 hopefully close to the top

• nickgonzalez771 says:

2583, 9/9 leagues. So glad something was still able to come from injuries week in and week out the last few.

• hedski says:

2505 with Danger captain, surprised I got over a few teams that had Titch cap.
      The extra 66 points captaining Titch would have got me up in all leagues except The Rat Pack ( told you I wasn't confident Lazza! ).
      Ah well, had to back Danger in a cash league cos my mate didn't have him (lost by 15 points).
      Go cats, that's all I care about this week.

• Lazza says:

Hi Hedski, gee this was one week when the C made a huge difference.. I bombed too with 2511… had TMitch, but also had Buddy and ended up with Giro on field (30) … touch and go this week for me in the Rat Pack… hanging on to 8th by a gnat’s…

• Marty says:

Rookie mistake vced Mitchell and placed Gawn as captain not realising Gawn played first. 2523 points this week.

• The Ranger says:

2542 and still lost a couple of games.

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

2576 for me this week. My defence was interesting with my bench rookies outperforming half of my premiums… Simpson 80, Hurley 76, Savage 69. On the bench Mihocek 101, Duman 86. Anyway midfield was really solid with Sloane the only lower score with 84, next lowest score for on field mids was 119, and captained Titch!

102. The G Train says:

Ended up with a draw in my league, opponent had Shaw and needed 95 to draw, was watching Shaw’s score closely and on 3 of the 4 free kicks he gave away he only incurred -2 instead of -4 which I thought was the penalty for a FA. Also scaled up +2 in the final minutes despite not touching the ball.

• The G Train says:

Scrap that, he just got scaled down 1 point to 94. Thanks SC

103. Chris says:

Scored 2534 and still lost because of some stupid bs scoring. Had Wines he got a free kick against went from 82 to 72 no disposals during that period, opponent had Kelly who went from 86 to 111 for 2 tackles, 1 free, 2 kicks which one was marked by a port Adelaide player which should've been marked as a clanger, none contested possessions, yet he gains almost 30 points like that. I'm happy with my score and losing is part of this game but things like make playing this game frustrating. Well done to my opponent for the win.

104. Neil demons delight says:

Hedski you have been a pain in the butt this weekend .First your cats do my beloved demons by 2 points then I score 2490 thinking I have got you done like a dinner but no you beat me by 15 not once but twice Glad no cats and HEDSKI for a while Great score mate

It was a pity we didn’t play in a league this week because I got 2491

• Neil demons delight says:

Great score Derek don't think I could stand that cats hedski and yourself but the real worst thing is in CAZALY I am 1st playing no18 and he kills me by 100 funny game – CAZALY must be pretty good credit to you SHAKE NDD

• hedski says:

Ha ha, sry Neil.
      Like my cats I thought I was gone, just snuck over the line mate.

105. Mark Fawcett says:

2,601. Lets wait and see if I can move up from 99th:) Fingers crossed:)

• TOPHAWK1 says:

You will mate. Top 50 tonight!!

• Mark Fawcett says:

hopefully…….hoping and relying on others to have no trades left with Sicily etc out:) Cruel I know, lol:)

• Mark Fawcett says:

Managed to move up to 70th overall. lol, very happy with that but why do I feel like I still should have done better? haha:)

106. crispypies says:

2742 top score?

107. Steeeve says:

Just under 2500 for me. Could have been a big score if I captained Titch instead of Gawn.
    Killing my chances of a good rank with poor captain scores at the moment.

108. Finnius says:

Everyone just an update for those wondering – I am pretty sure SC WOW is now out of trades. Forced to hold Sicily this week. I managed to get the win over him in our h2h 🙂

• Wedge says:

He might be waiting for darling to drop in price or something. I have fyfe with 6 trades waiting on macrae. Not sure it was worth waiting. Not really sure I want him after that performance

• pigjumpprusik says:

You'd want excellent cover to hold Sicily, even then not worth holding him

• Beezneez says:

I held Sicily because I have him as a forward. Already have McDonald forward as well so can't trade to someone like Brayshaw in defence. Used Ahern to cover. Wanted another look at the options – none of which impress me. That is, Westhoff, Wingard, Greene, Franklin. This is when you need a mid/fwd in your mids so you can pick up a decent mid. Still scored >2600 thanks, in part, to Mitchell. Bruest now in the mix.

• Randomcliche2 says:

I'm holding Sicily to😭😭😭

• BrownlowBoy says:

What about Sixty6?

• Russty_ says:

Don't think POD Fiction is travelling too well lately BB, seems to have dropped in the rankings a bit.
        Can't see a lot of bench backup there.

• Sc_Wow says:

Highlight of your season I’m sure Fin 👍🏼
      Have fun catching me fellas 😆

109. Doc_1 says:

2573.
    Will take that given I’m out of trades and had to keep scicily and Webster.
    Buddy didn’t help but Heron a handy in (59) to avoid the donut.

110. pigjumpprusik says:

With finals starting next week, time to start planning ahead. Tough decision whether to trade Goldstein to Grundy next week. Although he has been dominating and tonning up week in week out after a slow start, most teams generally have 6-10 uniques so not much room for error and majority of projected top 8 teams have Gawn & Grundy as rucks.

Does Grundy's higher ceiling and a higher likelihood to post a big score warrant a trade? or back Goldstein in. Only have 3 trades left and would like to keep some for unexpected emergencies throughout finals.

• dontblushbaby says:

Surely you have other issues with your team ? When you say next week for finals ,you mean Round 20

• pigjumpprusik says:

Yes, for round 20. Would like to do a few luxury upgrades, but can only afford 1 and feel like Grundy is the player I don't have who could hurt me the most

• Ahmad rubas says:

I know what u mean by can hurt you if you don't own and I think grundy is one of those guys. But assuming u have Gawn plus stef/goldy I don't think the trade is worth unless the rest of your team has no weakness and you have cover for potential injuries

• Steeeve says:

Goldy has a few easy games to finish the year. I'm holding for sure. He has repaid the faith we showed during his form slump earlier in the year.

• Lazza says:

Another weird but good scenario for me … been trying to bring Grundy into my team since the byes… been stuck with Nank due to forced injury trades. Nank has gone up $50k, Grundy $2k, Nank has scored 441, Grundy 503… those 60 points across 4 games would have made little difference wrt win:loss. Would the average extra 15 points per week been worth the $160k difference after the byes?
        Now Grundy has a 166 BE and Nank 99 BE … projected price turnaround of $28k…. think I’ll wait a little longer… but…. but… they play each other this week..🤔

• Russty_ says:

I'd probably hold pigjump..3 trades isn't many and Goldy's doing ok with the 3 round average of 119 compared to Grundy's 122, Goldy 9 tons in a row too.
      I think you'd benefit more by holding for injuries or using the trade to upgrade someone else in your side whose gone cold.

• Ahmad rubas says:

goldy to grundy is a luxury upgrade imo will gain you points but i think its better to save trades for potential donuts/injuries

111. Jeffrey says:

Who out of the following to take up final Mid spot: Macrae or Gaff or Coniglio?

* Already have Titch, Danger, Cripps, Oliver, Zerrett, Jelly, Dusty

• Lazza says:

Same Mids … have Bont warming the bench… if he’s not right this week, I’ll have to trade in 9th mid too..
      I was waiting for Macrae, but his score this week doesn’t enthuse… looking at JPK, Parker, Neale, Cogs or even Pendles…

• Steeeve says:

Have to be Macrae

• Hawks says:

Coniglio, the Giants are coming

• pigjumpprusik says:

Macrae

• Randomcliche2 says:

Pendles especially if sidebum is out for a while.

• Russty_ says:

Sidey should play this week, cleared of a broken jaw, Pendles still a good pick imo.

• hedski says:

Bad luck with Keefe coming in late Russty, you had me covered otherwise mate.

• Russty_ says:

Haha no worries mate, when you tempt fate sometimes you get your ass bitten, It was my dumb mistake,just really wanted that Higgins score, should've left Mclean on field and Gray off, then when Keefe was named, could've brought Gray back on, well done mate good win 🙂
            I guess I did it cause I still wasn't sure if Gray would be a late out or not, dem's the breaks.

• Neil demons delight says:

Hedski had a great weekend Russty did me twice and those rotten cats grrr

112. Ahmad rubas says:

Are there any particular strategies anyone has when it comes to SuperCoach finals?

• Steeeve says:

Strategy is to win.

Doesn't usually work.

• Hawks says:

If focusing on just one league, trade at the last possible moment, and if you can win a final without trading then don't trade.

• Ahmad rubas says:

This is what I'm thinking as well. I'm focusing on 4 leagues 3 of which I have made finals and the other I win this week I make it. So plan is to use 2 trades this week to secure finals use 1 trade first 2 weeks of finals and whatever finals I'm still in use 4 trades to hopefully win it. Only problem is can't predict injuries and team selection which will most likely force my hand

• pigjumpprusik says:

Utilise emergency loopholes across every position if possible. Don't f**k your captain up. If trading in players, look closely at their matchup

• Ahmad rubas says:

How important is it to get premo cover to maximise emergency loopholes. I've currently ignored bringing in F7 M9 D7 mainly because my team is really weak and needs more onfield strength. Is it worth bringing in premo cover or is it a luxury for a good onfield team

• Derek says:

It’s all about the POD’s.

What players do you have different to your opponent? This time of year it might only be 5 or 6 different. The whole game is in those few players.

Don’t worry about bench cover until you are 100% happy with your onfield players.

• Ahmad rubas says:

Guess I'm not getting bench cover with witherden D6 rocky M8 billings petracca F5 F6 and 4 trades remaining will need a perfect run with injuries and team selection to get a full team I'm happy with.
            In terms of PODS I have 3 negative ones in macrae grundy and Lloyd. Planning to bring in Lloyd and macrae in but grundy is too much of a luxury considering I have Goldy.

• Lazza says:

I had a weird contest last round … as you said, the differences this time of year are typically a handful, but I played one team where we only had 3 matching on-field players…

• Russty_ says:

Hi Ahmad, I think it depends of in you're gonna be in the top 4 or not, if you are, you get the double chance if you lose the first final, if you're 5 to 8, it's sudden death, lose the first week and you're out!
      So those 'weak' players you mentioned, maybe focus on improving them but sometimes you just have to go with who you have bearing in mind the injury frequency this year…imagine if you upgrade 2 bad performing players to 2 better ones the first week and then you get 2 injuries the next week, then you'd regret the first 2 you made.
      It's tough to say exactly how you should go about it mate, I'm just gonna try and retain 1 trade if possible for if I make it to the 3rd week.

• Ahmad rubas says:

unfortunately not going to be top 4 in the leagues I care about so no double chance. I think I'm going to try and go with who I have and rely on carnage so I can use trades where others won't have trades.

• Derek says:

Yeah. Trades in hand won’t win you a league, but not having any trades will make it very hard.

The last couple of weeks are famous for early surgeries for players from teams out of finals race.

• Russty_ says:

With 7 trades Ahmad, I'd do everything you can this week to solidify your finals spot and to have a good first game in the finals, hopefully you have some cash to splash too to replace your weakest links. Good luck mate.

• Ahmad rubas says:

7 trades and 300k to splash but i have to replace sicily and lobb (lol should of traded him as soon as dawson simpson took the ruck role) thinking of going to macrae and lloyd which leaves my weak links as witherden rocky billings petracca 5 trades and 20k then i can use one trade to bring petrucelle mid/fwd wce 117k which moves ahern to f7 and gives me 4 trades 100k tp deal with 3 weeks of finals. this is assuming no injuries or suspensions over next two weeks which isnt going to happen but its nice to have a plan i guess hahaha

• Russty_ says:

I'd consider holding on to Witherden, doing good lately, Petracca not too bad either but still a bit inconsistent, Degoey could be an option, seems to be improving lately and likes the big stage, Lobb should've gone ages ago but you could consider cheaper fwd options like Riewoldt..Rocky could evn come good and be ok to keep.
              Can you post your entire team?

• Ahmad rubas says:

Laird Sicily yeo Simpson Hurley witherden (cole rice)
                Danger dusty titch Kelly Cripps coniglio westhoff rocky (ahern giro narkle)
                Gawn Goldstein (olango)
                Heeney smith McLean petracca billings lobb (smith Ryan)
                7 trades 338k
                Players im scared of not owning grundy macrae Lloyd. Don't think it's worth getting rid of goldy so planning to go Sicily and lobb to Lloyd and macrae via westhoff DPP. Then once round 23 is announced will trade smith or Ryan to petrucelle which gives me 4 trades and 100k for the ineveitable carnage

• Russty_ says:

Sounds like a good plan mate, Macrae probably won't be this cheap again if he scores like his usual self this week and Lobb needs to be lobbed lol, Sicily has to go and it may as well be to the best. Goldy doesn't need to go anywhere, he's doing fine.
                  See how Rocky, Billings and Petracca go next week and then you can decide who's dragging your score down the worst and turf em.

• Ahmad rubas says:

Thanks for the time to help me out. I think rocky will be the one that has to go considering midfield is where the big points are at especially with the likes of clarry Oliver compared to the likes of a Robbie gray in the forward line

• Goosey says:

Pray to Allah for good luck because good luck is everything in this SC game.

• Danners says:

Trades, bench cover, DPP swings. Bascially the same as what you have done the last few weeks. I have gone 12.5k to 6.5k in the ranks in the last 3 weeks mostly thanks to my Keefe-TMac/SIcily swing

• Ahmad rubas says:

due to poor planning the only DPP swings i have are mid/fwd and my bench cover consists of playing rookies but they are rookies at the end of the day. i should work towards this next season congrats on the rank boost thats a big jump over 3 weeks

• Ahmad rubas says:

on a sidenote thanks to everyone that has replied with advice id be lying if i said i wasnt excited for SC finals lol

113. Ahmad rubas says:

Also does anyone know when round 23 fixtures will be announced? Before round 20 by any chance?

• Florence Maxwell says:

I could be wrong but from memory it's after the conclusion of the previous round

• Ahmad rubas says:

No point bringing in a floating donut in case they play Friday night

114. JohnDJ59 says:

With only one more week before finals, where I will be playing in the 'Won't Back Down' League finals and maybe the 'Jolly Roger', I would just like to thank all the regulars on this site, you have been helpful in a difficult season, in SC and footy in general.

• Russty_ says:

Good work JohhnyDJ, making 2 finals is better than not mate, I might make 3 to 5 this year, not sure yet but even if I do, I'm up against some elite coaches so it's always tough. Good luck mate for the run home and let us know how it goes.

• JohnDJ59 says:

Thanks Russty, I don't hold out much hope to be honest, the top team in 'Won't Back Down' is ranked 27, so I don't think I will be winning the premiership like last year and I have to win this weekend in 'Jolly Roger' to be any chance, it is so close in that one, percentage could decide the last three spots.

• neil demons delight says:

Good luck john Like others you have had your share of bad luck Go the mighty dees

• JohnDJ59 says:

Thanks Neil,it has been a season from hell this year, not much fun at all, frustrating would be the best way to sum up SC so far this year. I was so disappointed/angry with the Geelong game last weekend that I even thought about giving up following footy altogether. Funny in a way, I wasn't even worried when we lost to the Saints, I guess in that game we were coming from behind, while in the Geelong game we seemed to have their measure for most of the game.

115. BeePee says:

Need to trade out Doedee and I'll have 425K to do it with. Who do I get?
    It's a forced trade, I'm currently 1st in my league but only by 0.8% and this is the final week before finals and I'm playing number on the ladder.
    Should mention the H&A winner purse here is $220.
    HELPPP!