THE CHEAT SHEET Round 17

So you guys remember me recommending Tom Hawkins last week? Did you take my advice and live the glory of his 122? Or Luke Breust and his 165? It feels good when you recommend players in time for them to produce performances like that.

Theme of this week’s cheat sheet is value for money. Most of the players I recommend will be under 500k. We’re all strapped for cash, not long until league finals now, and the faster you can complete your team the better, right?Marcus Bontempelli has been ruled out for a couple of weeks after getting his appendix removed, so you may need to trade him or a rookie to cover for him. A good option that I didn’t mention last week is Luke Shuey, while he was cheaper last week, he is still really cheap this week at 390k and the recommendation is better late than never.

Another cheap option in Bachar Houli, who would be close to returning (keep an eye on team news), at $384k could make for an awesome D6/7 player for you, if you’re strapped for cash.

I haven’t thanked Fantasy Insider in a while, so thank you to them for keeping this website alive.

1. Tom says:

So trading out Dow this week. Do I bring in Gaff using 2 trades or De Goey using only one. Both would be my 9th premo in the guts, but I only have 3 trades left. Once I do my trades for the week, I’ll have ahern and Webster at D7 and F7

2. Saundo says:

Who to get in for Stringer, already have Gray, Westy, Franklin, Gunston and De Goey? Money not an issue

3. Jono says:

I'm trading out Mitch Robinson and I can only afford he people I'm thinking of getting for my last midfield is Sloane,Heppell and Cotchin!! I can afford anyone from 475.3k down!! Also who should I captain and vice captain this week!!
    I have 6 trades left!!

My current side is
    My side atm is

Defenders: Lloyd,Yeo,Hurley,Laird,Witherden and Tuohy!! (Redman and Heron)

Mids:
    Dangerfield,Mitchell,Martin,Beams,
    Higgins,Miller,Rockliff and M.Robinson

Rucks:
    Gawn and Nic Nat (Cameron)

Forwards:
    Gray,Gunston,Sicily,Franklin,McLean and D.Smith!! (Ahern and Garlett)

4. Steeeve says:

Leaning toward holding my trades and keep an f5-7 rotation of Fritsch, Curnow and JJK.
    However I still have 7 trades. Playing for leagues.
    I could bring in a Wingard/Walters/Menegola/Buddy for one of those blokes and still have money to execute my planned trade for next week, Bailey Rice up to Jimmy Webster. Thoughts?

• Finnius says:

With that many trades I would probably be letting go of JJK for Wingard who has shown a lot more consistency. Then you can loop the other two at F6.

5. Maverick_ says:

Holman —> Shuey is mighty tempting for M9 considering at some point my 8 mids will get an injury or rested between now and end of season.
    But the cash from Holman —> sier/Narkle and using it to upgrade a hibberd is also tempting.
    Love ya cheat sheets damo & carn north!

• TBone_9 says:

Hey Maverick, Shuey is too tempting for that price as a M9! Think I’ll be bringing him in this week because as you said, someone will get injured or rested before the end of the year and that’ll save you any hassles or needless trades over that time. Also, if you have Dusty at M8 (like I do), then you can use him to loop scores with Dusty as an insurance policy! Cheers

6. PizzaSafety says:

Not having Lloyd is killing me this year, he should be on here weekly as the ultimate CD love child. Here's Hurley and Howe compared to Lloyd last week.

Howe

9 cp’s = 36
    4 Marks = 8
    0 intercept marks
    3 Tackles = 12
    2 Clangers = -8

= 128 point raw score but given 141

As another example adding up all the stats as they are meant to be scored, Lloyd is averaging exactly the 109 he is averaging in raw score, whilst Simpson is averaging 112-113 in raw score and being underscored by 3-4 points, Howe is averaging 101 in raw score and is being underscored by 6 points.

stats from AFL pro.

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Champion data allocate more points for certain plays depending on the influence it has on the game, hence the discrepancies in raw score and actual score

• Ja191 says:

The thing that separates lloyd from the other defenders you’ve named is his disposal efficiency. His efficiency by foot is elite and is the main playmaker out of Sydney’s backline and subruquently has big influences on games. I’ve seen a lot of his games and his scores are mostly deserved

• PizzaSafety says:

I know his kicking efficiency is elite and among the best in the league but he's still being over-scored compared to other defenders. If you head over to afl pro you can see how many effective kicks he averages (13.6, which is the exact same as Simpson, whilst Howe averages 10.1). If you add up all the other things that are accounted for and compare him to others for average you will see that he is still over-scored.
        I also know points get awarded based on the time of the game/influence, but I don't see how he was awarded extra points on Thursday for being influential compared to Jeremy Howe who took vital intercept marks on Sunday.

• Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Thats so true! No influence the last couple of weeks. Like Russty said sometimes just got to pick the favoured players.

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

Your scoring isn't right, go into supercoach click on help and look at point scoring. You are missing a lot of things..

7. Maverick_ says:

7 trades 85k. Got two options below but feel free to throw ideas my way.

Def: laird, yeo, simpson, Hurley, Webster, hibberd (naughton Taylor)

Mid: danger, TMitch, curnow, oliver, dusty, beams, Rockliff, cognilio (ahern Holman E.phillips)

Ruck: Gawn Nicnat (olango)

Fwd: heeney, westhoff, gray, McLean, d.smith, Sicily (T.smith battle)

Option 1: single trade. holman —> shuey (M9)

Option 2: two trades. Holman —> rookie
    Naughton —> wingard via dpp

8. Johnny says:

Trengove on anyone’s radar? Only 160k & probably more solid than sier and narkle. How do people rate him and JS

9. THE SALTSHAKER says:

DEF: Laird, Sicily, Brayshaw, Lloyd, Savage, Yeo (Mihocek, Austin)

MID: Titch, Conigs, Dusty, Rocky, Gaff, Zorko, Danger, Shuey (Macrae, Giro, Ahern)

RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (Olango)

FWD: Gray, McLean, Walters, Smith, Wingard, De Goey (Buddy, T. Smith)

$6k, 1 trade left,

2633 ranked 17th last week, moved up 845 places, 611th overall. Picked up 58sc with my loop last week, Buddys 59 became De Goeys 117

NO TRADES THIS WEEK

and strangely no loop if Macraes back im taking suggestions 👍

• shaahid abdul says:

What's your plan b if grundy or gwan get injured. Keep the trade

• Derek says:

i think the one trade left is his plan B

• THE SALTSHAKER says:

ive played many seasons just having an aggressive year this year trying to catch the 3 in our league who were top 100 , now one is 22nd (he hit 9th 3 weeks ago) and two others fallen out to 1500 and 1200 ish so tough comp im either all in or not at all this year

10. Trades says:

$20k and 10 trades
    Weak links: Def: Shaw, Ryan
    Mid: Parker, Martin
    Ruck: Nank
    Have Mihocek, Ahern & Fritsch as cover
    Should I bring in Lloyd for Shaw or Pendles for Parker?

11. THE SALTSHAKER says:

on who to field + bench

12. Gibbs says:

Have 6 Trades, full premo and Bont with only about 4 k in the bank so not much to spend, aleady owning Matt crouch.

Do I hold bont for 2-3 weeks while hes injured, trade him to someone like a shuey etc or use 2 trades by downgrading Tim smith to powell so I get the cash and can Upgrade Bont to someone like Cripps/ Kelly??

Cheers for your thoughts

• Derek says:

if you need some wins in your league you will need to trade the Bont. If you are going to make finals, hold him and he will be fresh for the run home.

13. THE SALTSHAKER says:

trade away 3 games then finals i think?

14. Ben says:

Bring in crouch / shuey as m9 or McDonald making wingard and ahern m9 and f7

• Russty_ says:

Hi Ben, depends on whether you have 10 trades left or not, how much money, what your team looks like, you need to give a reference if you're going to suggest something so luxuriously outrageous to us lol

15. Russty_ says:

Got 5 trades left with not a lot of moolah but will wait until I hear if Tim Smith is named first before I do anything, not holding my breath he will play, seems to be forgotten at Melb.
    If he's not named, will go Tim Smith to Lynch via Higgins via J.Smith and have 2 covers back, 2 Mid and 1 fwd, not premos but decent rookies, I'd rather not have premos on the bench just for the 'Oh shit he scored 110 and my onfielder scored 70 factor, better to have some trades in reserve I think.
    Just my point of view, shit happens and usually does when we least expect it haha.

16. Russty_ says:

It's so peaceful in here lately, no braggadocious, abusive or self obsessed people have posted anything in here in the last 3 days, (Although they've tried through some kind of backdoor), it's like a restoration, to how the site used to be before, whilst 'they' were still here, you had to think about everything you posted for fear of being called a 'flog', or belittled for your lesser rank to someone else's…or being called an 'idiot' for the choice of trade you might have made.
    I prefer the mutual support we can all offer each other, regardless of rank and level of skill, hell, we're all still learning and trying to do the best we can, that's what this site is all about.
    Supercoach is a game and games are supposed to be fun…nothing else.

17. Rivo says:

Perhaps a crazy move but interested in the Communities thoughts after some feedback from an earlier thread…

6 trades & $32k

Current team-

D: Lloyd, Simpson, Yeo, Sicily, Laird, Austin (Mihocek,
    Ridley);
    M; Titch, Cripps, JPK, Danger, Zerrett, Oliver, Cogs, Dusty, (Ahern, Giro, J.Smith);
    R: Gawn, Grundy, (Olango)
    F: Heeney, T-Mac, Gray, D.Smith, Walters, Lambert, (Higgins, T.Smith).

Need one final D6 to hit full premium.

Instead of going for Webster or Hurley, what about…

Austin & T.Smith to N.Murphy (Def/Fwd bench rook) and Mundy (DPP also).

Can swing T-Mac to final D6 premo, Mundy F6 and have another swing set.

Leaves me with 4 trades for injuries. Thoughts???

18. prizza says:

The poms stole defeat from the jaws of victory.

19. Justin says:

Breust or Westhoff?

20. Irish Ned says:

Wonderful. The Poms got beaten. You little ripper.

21. Croatia Win says:

Hrvatska je udarila po engleskom

22. Moocha says:

Thinking about trading Dow for Narkle to raise cash for my last (Finally) upgrade. Anyone have any idea about his job security. He certainly has been ok in his two games.

23. John says:

$123k and 6 trades left, do I downgrade Thomas Cole to brad lynch this week so I can become full premo next week? Or wait until next week and wait for another rookie?

24. BigAl_15 says:

So what are people thinking for my final premo upgrade. I already have T Mac, Gray, D Smith, McLean, Fritsch, Stephenson (L Ryan, J Battle). I'm keeping Fritsch as a sneaky premo and then trading out Stephenson. Should I get in Heeney, Wingard, Westhoff or Breust? Or someone else?

25. Cobee Bear says:

If Sloane can be loyal to me, I can be loyal to him. I'm bringing him back in…over pendles…

26. Lekdog says:

My family is Croatian so I will now pretend to care about soccer, come on you Croats!

27. Hazey says:

I'm tempted to hold a rookie in M8 this week so I can trade Bank for Grundy. Thoughts?

Should do the sensible thing and get mids to full premo first, right?

28. Banga says: