Round 15 SuperCoach Panic Room

Yaaaaas mates! The dreaded byes are over for another year.

(me @ work)

For what was supposedly the “hard” bye week, what a week it was! Cripps, Kelly, Maxy, Sicily all went massive. Pendles wound back the clock. Goldmember is averaging a cool 116 from his past 5. Yeo, Simpson, Howe got the job done. You can relive the round with Big Carl’s writeup right over here.

For those not chasing overall glory (whether by choice [me] or because of an awful year [also me]) focus now shifts to league glory where there are 5 more weeks of head to head matchups before finals. If you’re sitting outside the 8 then now is not the time to sit on trades, do what you can to give yourself a shot of finishing the year with a bang.

The JR train will be hitting top pace post byes. Patch and Lek go full on LOUD NOISES in the podcast this week, while Barron casts his experienced eye over the state action in his rookie roundup. The end of the byes sees Damo’s cheat sheet overcome with greenery. There’s a lot of options this week as final team upgrades are made, last of all, step inside Patch’s magical emporium of captain selections where he passes the savings onto youuuuuu (he also gives you captain choices)

THE NEWS

It just wouldn’t be a week of SuperCoach without a fresh batch of problems to deal with. Adam Treloar suffered a double hammy which is the sort of injury that just makes you cringe. I guess you could say it’s…

(#sorrynotsorry)

All the best to Harris Andrews in his recovery. He’s only in 2% of teams but many of those were recent trade ins on the back of some stellar form. Jezza Cameron is gone for a long time and, despite Grant Thomas calling for his head, Lachie O’Brien is free to play this week

why tho??

Tonight should be a cracker as the Tigers “host” the Swans at Marvel Etihad stadium. Both teams have made two changes for the game, Dion Prestia and David Astbury are in for Kamdyn McIntosh and Ryan Garthwaite. For the Swans, McVeigh and James Rose replace Harry Marsh and the injured Tom Papely.

Tom Jonas is also going to miss this week, continue to mess with the minds of those who brought him in.

As expected, Jimmy Webster will miss one – possibly two – games with his… groin? injury, but his teammate Bailey Rice will provide cover if needed.

However, if you’re relyng on Logan Austin for cover, you’re in trouble. He has been flicked, dumped, dropped – whatever you call it, he’s gone – while Timothy Smith has also been dropped by the Dees. Essendon livewire Mason Redman will also miss a large part of the rest of the season after injuring his ankle. Paul AhernCharlie SpargoKobe Mutch and Jacob Heron are all on extended benches, with the first three to be confirmed Friday night.

A couple of debutantes on Friday night. First we’ve got Quinton Narkle (MID – 123.9k) for the Cats and Brad Lynch (DEF – 123.9k) for the Dogs, while the infamous Darraaarrrggghhhhh Joyce and Ben Paton are in line to debut for the Saints. Harrison Petty, Brayden Sier (finally!) and Mitchell Hinge are also chances to debut, with Sier locked in by Bucks.

Over at Port there’s a club debut for former number 2 pick Jack Trengove. DBJ rocked up to training late and didn’t even try to blame the traffic lights every 50 metres in Adelaide. As a result he’s out alongside Tom Jonas with his hammy flaring up again.

Connor Blakely is out for the Dockers, while Ben Jacobs is back for the Roos in bad news for Zach Merrett holders. Michael Walters is also back to FINALLY DO SOMETHING USEFUL, PLEASE, as is Rory Laird (praise).

That’s just about it on the team news front!

THE HOUSE OF EVIL

Not a lot happening on the rookie front as cash gen starts to dry up as we are making the final upgrades to our team (kudos if you managed that already!). Bad news this week with bubble boy and defensive downgrade option Mason Redman ruled out for up to 8 weeks. Joel Smith wasn’t able to back up his 91 from round 12, only managing 34. Looking at his 2017 season where he played 3 games, 34 was his average. The Dees have said they’ll be rolling with a few different options down back so I don’t think we can rely on Smith being a reliable scorer.

These guys come with a free frogurt (that’s good!)

-66 – Josh Battle*

-38 – Stefan Giro

-33 – Joel Smith*

19 – Jamaine Jones

-9 – Sam Taylor

-7 – Tom Murphy

-1 – Brody Mihocek

These premiums contain potassium benzoate (that’s bad!)

198 – Rory Sloane

171 – Kruze

170 – Jesse Hogan

165 – Josh Caddy

161 – Brodie Grundy

160 – Dayne Beams

157 – Jimmy Webster

154 – Gawndog

148 – Nat Fyfe

147 – Mitch Duncan

139 – Danger

139 – Ed Curnow

SMOOTH KEVY’S LOCK OF THE WEEK

Straight up. Paddy Cripps is an absolute GIFT this week at 544k. Averaging 117.5 and 1.7ppm. If you’re one of the 60% of teams without him make him a priority this week. I’ve covered him before so I’m looking elsewhere.

Collingwood are absolutely flying at the moment. I hate to say it, they are actually playing an attractive brand of football. They are however, only one win and percentage off 9th so they need to keep on going. The loss of Adam Treloar for 5-6 weeks (or 8-16 if you believe Tom Browne…) is yuuuuuuge and it means the experienced Collingwood mids will need to step up. Steele Sidebottom often gets overlooked in SuperCoach for Scott Pendlebury. Pendles is a great budget option at 484k, he’s a star, but I’m aiming a little higher for Sidebum at 523k.

Since averaging three figures for the first time back in 2012, this is the first season he’s averaging 30+ possessions a game (31.5). While he can be a bit of downhill skier at times, he’ll need to step up to fill the Treloar-sized hole for the next week weeks.

In 5.7% of times and averaging 120 over his past 3, Steele Sidebottom gets my lock of the week.

HEY NOW, YOU’RE A DRAFTSTAR

It’s your classic 8 point game this. Depending on other results, a Hawks win would see the Giants a game and a half outside the top 8. Giants win and they could see themselves as high as 6th.

This game will be a midfield battle which is reflected in the pricing on Draftstars. We’ve got 6 mids priced above 14k which means going skint in other positions to try and get at least two of those in. Let’s have a look at how the brilliant humans at Fantasy Insider see this one playing out.

My take:

RUCKS

On a tough slate for cheapies the appeal of Jonathon Ceglar for 7.5k is obvious. His score last week was almost 10x value but he does have a 33 and 38 from his other two games this year. If you want something safer without going all the way to the top I don’t mind Dawson Simpson (10.4k) actually. He wasn’t disgraced against Stef Martin last week (72DS) and he put up 70DS against Sandi earlier in the year.

FWDS

Continuing my penny pinching theme, the absence of Jezza Cameron should see GWS’ tall forwards receive a little bump. Rory Lobb (9.4k) is back this week and should chop out Simpson in the ruck while playing mostly forward. Harry Himmelberg (8.6k) is another who might see more of it. He is in little bit of a purple patch right now, averaging 25DS above his season average. Jono Patton (10.6k) is a nice pivot off both if you don’t mind paying a bit more.

DEF

This is a tricky one. There’s a lot of sub 10k options here. On their day there’s a handful of guys that COULD deliver you a 10x value game. They could also stink it completely and tank your lineup. Ryan Burton at 9.9k sneaks under the 10k mark. He’s had a pretty horrible year after bursting onto the scene last year. He’s shown a flicker of form over the past month, averaging 78DS, up from his season average of 59. You can make a solid case for the 5 guys above Burton: Whitfield, Heater, Sicily, Tomlinson, and Haynes. I’m a romantic at heart and being reunited with fantasy darling Heath Shaw (13.6k) is speaking to me. He loves playing against the Hawks, averaging 112 in his past 4 against them and 108 over the past month.

MIDS

Okay. Here we go. Let’s start at the top. Josh Kelly (17.4k) or Tom Mitchell (17.2k)? There’s a strong opinion around the traps that Clarko will send Dan Howe straight to Kelly. If I’m parting with 17k I want my selection to run free, so suiting up Tom Mitchell will do me. Matt de Boer (10.9k) can have random good games (128DS and 112DS this year) but they are separated by stinkers of 60’s and 70’s. If Dan Howe (11.2k) does go to Kelly, he’ll be seeing plenty of the ball. He’s shown he can hit 90 and I’m backing him to do so again this week. At the bottom end, remember Jeremy Finlayson? (7.5k). Our rookie lock at the start of the year has fallen off a cliff. He’s good at hitting 60 which is exactly an 8x value play. It’s a tossup between Lachie Whitfield (14.3k) and JOM (14.3k) for my final position and it’s a tough one to split. Whitfield’s preference to kick (3 points) over JOM and his handball happy ways (2 points) sways me in favour of Lachie.

My lineup:

With teams now mostly full premium I hope you’re on the end of massive score this week. Best of luck, Community. Love ya xx

1. Russty_ says:

Cheers Kev, not full premo yet, hopefully next week…good luck to all the coaches playing for rank or leagues this week, and all the ones playing against me this week, hope you lose lol, but still enjoy it 🙂

2. Marty says:

Dusty's gotta go I think. Seems out of form.

• Steeeve says:

Considering Guelfi down to a 102k non playing rook so I can move Dusty for a Josh Kelly type. Last year was the only time he has ever had true premo output.

Terrible Marty…and wtf is Heeney doing this week?…aaah

• redherringfc says:

I brought him in at 7:19 in true panic room action.

The best thing about that trade is I couldn’t get the coin to bring Heeney in. 18 at half time is much better than 17.

3. Steeeve says:

It's honestly looking like you won't win a league with Dusty Martin in your team. Bloke is playing at half pace. Just had a heap of time to tackle Sinclair and somehow wobbled in lazily and took him high. A ruckman. I have 8 trades left and might use two just to get a real premo in for him. At this stage I don't think that's an overreaction.

4. Steeeve says:

PS "also me" great stuff Kev haha you're no orphan there

5. BrownlowBoy says:

I think starting Danger was a better decision than starting Dusty

6. Finnius says:

Where is Heeney? of course this week is the only one I have him as a POD.

7. Patch says:

I did not trade JPK in and I'm very annoyed at that. On 78 at half time.

8. hedski says:

Thanks Kev, I'm now in PANIC mode, play you this week in the Magnificent 7 and I see you don't have Heeney or Dusty……I'm cooked already!!! Kudos, keep up the brilliant work.

9. Ja191 says:

why are the swans tagging dusty? such a waste of hewett

10. Ahmad rubas says:

any chance logan austin was injured and not dropped or should i trade him out this week?

• Russty_ says:

Nah he was dropped averaging 81 because Alan Richardson is a complete mungbean!
      In reality, probably dropped only because Geary cam back in…great way to build a future, drop a young player who was doing well.

• Ahmad rubas says:

as a saints fan who is the better SC option to keep in your opinion? rice or austin?

• Defying_Madness says:

to be fair supercoach points doesn't always correlate to strong performances

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Yeh the saints are a disgrace. GC and saints should be cut from the AFL. They offer nothing…. attendance, player spectacle, absolutely nothing.

• Russty_ says:

Agree, they need to start from scratch, a complete rebuild.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I was more thinking just cut them all together. Erase them from the comp.

Coaches talk about rebuilds constantly…..6 years later same position.

• Russty_ says:

Lucky you're not in charge then, Saints are one of the original Footy clubs, if anyone was gonna get cut, it would be the Gold Coast…or one of the other Johnny come latelys
              At least the Saints have been involved in 3 grand finals in the last 9 years…didn't win any but at least got there.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

It's cute you count 2 grand final appearances for 2010. Lol.

• Russty_ says:

A Grand Final replay due to a draw is still counted as a grand final…who do you barrack for…the Giants?..haven't exactly lived up to expectations yet have they…:)

• SC_Sixty6 says:

You've made 2 grand finals in the last 9 years. Not 3. No I don't go for the giants.

• Russty_ says:

Ok then, we've played in 3 grand finals in the last 9 years, how many has your team played in?

• ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Calling for Saints to get cut lol only because you are targeting Russty for your weekly shit stir.
                      But let's be real… the state of Rugby Queensland is the real problem. Agree Gold Coast is a joke, Brisbane is coming along ok it seems (shows promise) with the young talent. Carlton has been the real stain in the AFL for the last 15 years.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

I disagree. Saints haven't won a premiership since 1966…..blues have alot since then mate. Cut saints and GC. They are a waste of space.

• ZzZCalintZzZ says:

So you need a premiership now is your logic?
                      What about Fremantle introduced 1995 no flag in 23 years and won't win one for the next 5 years minimum… cut them too?
                      You are not coming off very smart

• neil demons delight says:

should have cut the bullies and Dees then ridiculous comment NDD

• SC_Sixty6 says:

In my original statement the saints don't have any marquee players or draw a crowd……freo have fyfe a brownlow medalist and their games are alot more packed than the saints. You are coming off silly mate, not me.

• Ahmad rubas says:

We weren't bad while Judd was with us no way any team should get cut with the exception of Gold Coast maybe

• Randomcliche2 says:

Tassie needs a team…

• Ricardo says:

In fairness Geary is the captain

• Marty says:

Too good for Saints firsts defence so was told to go back to the 2nds to be brilliant.

11. Ja191 says:

loving the france vs floppy battle

12. Finnius says:

heeney gone

13. Richie Porte says:

Cripps or Kelly for VC.

14. TheGreatBozza says:

What a week to bring in heeney. This could hurt me big

15. Ahmad rubas says:

i knew i should of loopholed heeney instead of ryan lol

16. Trades says:

Me:Dusty,Franklin,Heeney
    Him: Lloyd

17. Props says:

Who was the genius that recommended Riewoldt?

18. SC_Sixty6 says:

For the people that still have Dusty…..if only you had listened to 66 !!! I told you he won't play well til finals when it counts.

19. Ahmad rubas says:

anyone still have higgins? could of used the ton before trading him out last week

20. Connor says:

Nank just rubbing in the Kruezer trade of 2 weeks ago 🙁

21. CuriousGeorge says:

Hogan>Crisp or Hogan>Hoff?
    Stef>Grundy or Cogs >JKelly?

• CuriousGeorge says:

cmon guys surely somebody has an opinion and a reason

• Russty_ says:

Hey George, I reckon Hogan to Crisp, and keep Stef, save yourself a trade mate.
        Hogan to bleed cash this week.

• CuriousGeorge says:

OK I was swaying towards Crisp over Hoff thanks
          Stef is my 16th ranked player and is averaging 21 less than Grundy
          Cogs is my 13th ranked player and is averaging 10 less than Kelly but 30 less over the last 3 and 15 less over the last 5. I don't know about injury issues with Grundy and Kelly but either of them will increase my score about 20pts perweek

• Russty_ says:

All depends on how many trades you have to play with.
            What I mean is mate, if you're quite low on trades…4 or 5, maybe give Stef a bit more time.

• NoLanguage says:

Wouldn't be trading Stef unless you're swimming in trades. Hogan to Crisp is a good trade

22. SC_Sixty6 says:

For players that are owned by 45%+ can we not whinge about them having a bad game or getting injured…..it really makes no damn difference. Just chill, the relevant ppl are in the same boat.

23. Locked and Loaded says:

Neale, Gaff or Kelly.

Normally I’d go Kelly without any doubt but his injuries this year and bringing in Treloar last week have me frightened…

What do we think??

• Ja191 says:

2 scores of 150 suggest he's over it and as long as gws have a chance at finals they can't afford to rest him. He's worth the gamble over neale/gaff

• Locked and Loaded says:

To be fair though he’s played the suns and lions and scored 146/149

Plus gives me an extra 30k

Appreciate the advice is it still the same? Lol

24. Russty_ says:

Vlastuin's a bit of a dummy, he's playing well, team's playing well, and he goes and elbows someone in the face…dummy. Should miss 1 or 2 for that.

25. TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

Adios amigos. 🛫❄

Lloyd fantastic again tonight.
    Be a line call who is better at delivering a ball out of defence. Lloyd or sicily??

Im outta here … 🚢🌌

Chow. 👋

26. NoLanguage says:

Very happy with the Austin to Lloyd final upgrade!

27. What_Bear says:

Hi all,

I need to trade down Holman to get some cash in the bank.
    Can’t decide who to bring in. Can be mid or forward, just looking for best job security.

Thanks for any help.

• Gary Swine says:

J.Battle seems to be the only option sadly, thats who i brought in for Holman this week.

• SC_Kev7 says:

Agree. That said, Saints aren’t giving their rookies extended runs. No Ed Phillips this week. Coffield and Austin have been in and out of the side. Wait a week if you can

28. jeff says:

cripps, kelly or danger? or anyone else?
    already have: fyfe, titch, jpk, parker, dusty, beams, coniglio

(wanted to get treloar but he's bust and I'm uncertain about any other pies player for my last mid)

29. Gary Swine says:

How many players in your team are NOT playing this week?
    I have out – Duman 198k, Phillips 226k, Smith 224k, Olango 0k, ?Spargo 238k?
    With limited trades left and several players at that awkward price point who will be left to rot on the bench for the rest of the year?
    Really need to trade one (for final premo next week) but what rookie will even be worth going to next week? (Ahern 175k + Battle 123k wont make me cash for a while either)

30. James says:

Can bring in Kelly as my final premo by going Guelfi and Fritsch to Battle and Kelly

However now I'm stuck with Austin, Heron, Phillips, T.Smith and O'Connor not playing.

Better to still bring in Kelly or try to correct some of those first? Only 8 trades left

Thanks all

• theRealPod says:

If you're going for league wins no need to rush into last upgrades. Guelfi and Fritsch both good playing rookies especially Fritsch. J Kelly just had two easy games so maybe see how he performs this and next week.

J Kennedy looked fantastic last night vs the premiers, I'd prefer him over J Kelly.

31. Corey says:

Hi community I have 11 Trades Left
    I have 2 upgrades left to go full premium
    Option 1
    Langdon To Dawnson (swing Ahern Forward)
    Holman To Josh Kelly

Option 2
    Fritsch To De Goey

Option 3
    Fritsch To De Goey
    Holman To Shuey

Option 4
    Just hold my trades for now…….?

32. Derek says:

i have ended up with a forward line full of players perfect as a F7. a pity to have so many loophole options and then when you actually need one, in a real life situation, Heeney goes down on a thursday night………nothing. wasn't smart enough to put Heeny on the bench. oh well.

current forward line is:

Heeney, Sicily, Devon, Gunston, Wingard, TLynch (Suns), Billings, G-Langdon

obviously with Lynch out for the rest of the year i need to replace him, was going to go Buddy but his match up with Rance last night turned me away.

is McLean the best option?

Forward line has so many ok options around $440k – $480k

my other problem is that it was this week i was finally going to go Lycett to Grundy. But if i go Lynch to McLean (or similar price) i'll have to go Goldy instead of grundy

• Steeeve says:

I was looking at who to loophole and never even considered Heeney. Dammit.

• Ja191 says:

Mclean would be the obvious one but that shoulder worries me. Since the injury his tackle numbers have dropped – would be better to look at him for a few weeks before jumping on him to see the extent it is troubling him. Have you put any consideration into de goey? will get more time with treloar out and could be great from now on.

• Derek says:

DeGoey is one of those around the same price.

what do you think about getting Goldy instead of grundy?

i think grundy is better option and just down Lynch to a cheapie and use the cash up upgrade Rocky and Dusty

• BrownlowBoy says:

Gray/Westhoff/McLean/Menegola

• Beezneez says:

Grundy has a BE of 160 this week so should drop in price. Lycett BE is 108 from memory so should drop as well. I have earmarked the same trade but am leaving it to look at next week. May only save $10k – more if Lycett gets close to his BE (up to another $15k?).

• neil demons delight says:

Hi Derek 4 of them are great only Wingard but what's changed In your position it's a no brainer GOLDY and McLean cheers mate NDD

33. Sc_Wow says:

So glad I offloaded Dusty before his NZ holiday, even if he comes home strong he’s done too much damage to those that have held him

• AuroraBorealis?! says:

Traded him to Kelly wow, very happy with that

• Derek says:

i didn't see much of the game. It seems that he is getting a bit of the ball. (21 disposals, 17 kicks) & TOG of 90%. Why?

• Steeeve says:

Not going in for any hard stuff, at all. Standing off the contest and hoping for cheap possies. Giving away lazy free kicks — for example he lined up Sinclair from a few metres away (off the contest of course) and then went in sloppily and took him high. If he had just gone in hard, or even bent his bloody knees like any normal tackler would, it would have been holding the ball.
        He is copping tags and can't be bothered pushing through them.

• ZzZCalintZzZ says:

After his first 5 games he holds an average of 85.2 over his last 8

34. DavidC says:

Sydney might have a tough assignment next week if Heeney doesn't get up and Buddy gets suspended.

35. redgumwon says:

Has anyone else been having trouble seeing the supercoach game since they changed the advetising? On the left hand side I can't see my players as the advertising is covering them and on the right hand side the ad is getting very close to covering the players

36. Richard says:

BEWARE CATS SUPPORTERS ,TIPPSTERS & GC
    The Cats have never one a game after a mid year bye !!!
    BULLDOGS WIN ANYONE ?

37. Steeeve says:

On mobile the ads sometimes cover the top half of the screen so I can't trade or sub. Very annoying.

38. The Ranger says:

At one point yesterday I had JPK and Riewoldt in my team….reversed it and just got Cripps.
    Got a hangover now.

39. martin says:

Keep kreuzer with only 3 trades left or trade him?

• The Ranger says:

Are you playing for rank or league?
        If it's league then have a look at your position and who you're playing against over the next few weeks.
        If you're still playing for rank then he has to go.
        The afl injury site says he's a test but he was supposed to come along to my footy club this week to sign stuff for the kids and we were told he couldn't make it because he was having an operation.

• DavidC says:

He listed as test, might be worth holding since you are so low on trades.

40. Sammy says:

Who to get to finish my team?

Kelly and De Goey or Sidebottom and Gray/Westhoff

41. Trades says:

Rocky to Cripps or hold a week and go Martin to Cripps?

42. theRealPod says:

mean tweets SEN.. love it 😃

43. oliverfisher says:

8 trades left and only 3k in the bank. I currently have Fritsch on field, and JJK sitting on my bench. My other biggest concern is that I have Witherden as D6 who hasn't been in great form lately, but should rise a little in value this week. Thoughts on the following options?

1. No trades this week, save them for potential injuries later in the year
    2. Fritsch to Wingard
    3. Fritsch to Billings, high risk, but gives me the option of upgrading A. Brayshaw to Shuey in a week or two and Witherden up to Webster when he bottoms out.

44. Corza says:

Who will benefit from Treloar injury
    De Goey? Is he the best F6 option now
    I have Heeney, R.Gray, McLean, Walters, D.Smith

45. Sc_Wow says:

Who do we think is winning the Brownlow? Tich would be a good chance and has a nice run home

46. Gem says:

11 Trades – 138K – Needing some advice on getting another premo mid, Cripps of J Kelly.
    Need to go 1 down, 1 up. What's your advice? Cheers

DEF: Laird, H Shaw, Simpson, Sicily, Yeo, T Cole (Austin, L Murphy)
    MID: Rockliff, Dusty, Danger, Fyfe, Cogs,Titch, Oliver, Petracca, (Giro, Brayshaw (freo), Ahern)
    RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
    FWD: Heeney, Maclean, R Gray, Buddy, D Smith, Billings (Fritsch, Guelfi)

47. Rivo says:

While I could loop Higgins 106 last night it means putting T.Smith on field and throwing a playing mid/fwd on the pine. I have already copped Heeney’s 18 score.

If you were to do it, and take the punt, who scores under 106 of the below or am I going crazy???

Walters, T-Mac, Gray, Smith?

48. Cliffy says:

Hey community, hope you are all well.

Thoughts on these moves?

Treloar – Cripps
    Fritsch – Walters (just enough leftover cash to make this happen, regardless of high BE for Walters)

Would leave me with 9 trades, virtually playing for leagues now despite being just out of 2k.

Thanks

• Cliffy says:

And I would be left with just Richards in D6 as my last rookie after these moves also.

• ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Walters is risky. Depends if you have plenty of trades left and intend to have 23 premo using him as swing cover or someone else to swing and cover him for that matter

49. BrownlowBoy says:

Thoughts on Buddy getting a fine?

50. BlueSteele says:

Rance deserved a clip on the chin

51. BrownlowBoy says:

Geelong record after the bye:

The last time they a game after bye was way back in 2011 against North Melbourne, after having a bye in round 6.

Teams had byes all throughout the season, due to there being 17 teams in the competition.

52. Zoolander says:

Maclean or Menegola?

53. BrownlowBoy says:

Ahern dropped.
    Spargo didn't get a call up.

54. prizza says:

Dangers going to town tonight vc up

55. Alby says:

Got to off load Trelor, cant make up my mind on weather to get Josh Kelly or Patrick Cripps. Any suggestions before I toss a coin.

56. Sam P says:

Wiil there be enough time to use the loop hole on Gorn VC into Fyffe C if needed both play Sunday.

57. CazzaRazza says:

Now that Ahern has been dropped I have a partial loophole for Gawn into Fyfe. If Gawn is 80ish at half time I will have time to C Ahernnwith Fyfe as my E, or is is it too risky? Other than that it is Titch into Fyfe. I would be happy to VC Danger but only if he spent more time in the midfield.
    Any thoughts.

58. johnno2908 says:

Pendlebury, Ablett or Neale? Or someone else?
    Current midfield is Fyfe, Mitchell, Kelly, Oliver, Danger, Cripps, Dusty, Walters.
    Looking to trade Fritsch to a premo mid and get Walters back in the forward line.

59. Defying_Madness says:

I wonder if anyone actually traded out Dangerfield lol

60. hedski says:

Narkle looks a lively sort, carn cattas.

61. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

That run through play by Narkle just then running in to receive and goal
    That's serious timing and awareness

62. BrownlowBoy says:

This why I suggested the possibility of going early on Narkle. He's got what Geelong is lacking in – a small forward who runs both ways, pressures, tackles and kicks goals.

63. Hoot says:

What did Barry Hall say?

64. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Cracking game

65. Defying_Madness says:

A bit weird how every single week Menegola scores about 15 less SC points compared to his AF score. Starting to get very frustrating considering he has been efficient with his disposals

66. Jim_bob321 says:

Well VC Danger didnt work…
    Fyfe is lyfe right?

67. Russty_ says:

Oh damn Harry!…played such a good game too!

68. hedski says:

Harry Harry Harry Harry fckn Harry you fckn Harry.

69. SC_Sixty6 says:

How good are the doggies!!!!!

The real pod how ya feeling mate?

70. BrownlowBoy says:

The troops will arrive wow and help out, but I tend to agree, we'll be lucky to make the 8.

• Sc_Wow says:

The hype of this midfield has been disappointing. I guess it doesn’t help that Scott decides to waste Danger

• BrownlowBoy says:

Yeah I think the thing is, having all 3 of them in there is good on paper, but since we don't have a ruck to hit it down their throats all the time, the contest is automatically 50/50, potentially even less when we play a good tap ruckman.

All 3 aren't defensive either, so we get cut up going the opposite way if the ball doesn't go our way.

Maybe when Menzel is back, Danger will go back into the middle.

71. PeteB says:

Have E on Richards. Should I take his 90 and move Hurley to the bench ?

• NoLanguage says:

Thinking the same except for Savage

• Keenbutclueless says:

Hurley is the only one I would consider as well. Have come to the conclusion that he averages more than 90, and we need to have faith in our premiums. Do, whilst it is a consideration, I am going with Hurley.

• PeteB says:

Yeah 90s neither here or there for my backline. Hurley hasn’t been in great form but will most likely score around that 90 mark I think so he’ll stay on ground and hopefully he might get a ton.

• WTFoxtrot_58 says:

Had very dusty E this week and it's staying on the bench. Rather take a 50 from a rook than that drivel.

72. Randomcliche2 says:

An open letter to Chris Scott

Patrick Dangerfield play in the mids, mostly rotating through the forward line for 3 quarters (101 SC points). 3 quarter time you are in front. 4th quarter you play him as an exclusive forward (additional 17 points). You lose. You were up a rotation all night and you lost. You had a fresh team playing a team that had there bye ages ago. You have no excuses.

Play Paddy in the mids if you want want to win / make the final 8.

Yours sincerely
    A frustrated VC`er of #35.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

It's rd 15 mate….I stopped VCing him rd 5.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Not really any other VC options with my dounts available, without relying on the emergency listed Nth boy who got called up :-). Took the vc score…. would have gone fyfe or gawn, probably not titch unfortunately so not a real bad outcome. Yes, agree its a break in case of emergency VC option. (Didn`t anticipate a ripper from Lloyd)…

• theRealPod says:

It is frustrating Random but all is not lost, still a decent chunk of footy to play. If the Cats make the finals I'm happy knowing we have Dangerfield, Selwood, Ablett & Duncan in the guts.. CARN CATTERS

• Richard says:

Geelong's failure to keep the ball in their forward line cost them dearly.Doggies cleared it to easily time and time again.They are nowhere near where the tigers are and have a soft underbelly.Can't work out what the game plan is . The club has been mucking around with players for 5 years and Scott is telling us " we don't know what the right mix is " for 5 years.I would suggest they are in a re-build stage that has been on going for 5 years.Unearthed some ripper recruits this year though,but really when is the club going to stand up and not accept there ongoing tipsy turvey performances.They don't hurt enough when they lose.Lift and take responsibility.
      grrrrrrrrr

73. NoLanguage says:

Had the E on Richards. Bank a 90 and bench Savage or leave Savage on field?

74. Doc says:

Anyone hear what Barry Hall said on the radio to get himself sacked?

75. Lazza says:

Has anyone else noticed that SC hasn’t updated the teams for the Sunday games… they have Giro and Guelfi in orange. Both are playing.

76. Pod says:

LISTEN TO AT OWN RISK BARRY HALLS COMMENTS BELOW

77. John says:

Not going to take Dangerfields score, who do I put the C on out of Oliver (unique), Gawn, Cogs, Cripps, Fyfe or Titch?

• SC_Kev7 says:

Some great options, John. I’d take out Cogs as he hasn’t shown a great ceiling. You could throw a blanket over the rest. I like Gawn against whatever the Saints put up against him

• John says:

Cheers Kev the only thing is I’m trying to look for a POD to put the C on and Oliver is for me in my league. So tossing up between him and Gawn.

• Ahmad rubas says:

I'm going Cripps but only because the matchup I really want to win this week my opponent doesn't have Cripps or danger so that's the VC C combination I wanted

• Jack says:

I good ploy Ahmad but only if you think he has the better team. If you're teams are equal (or yours is better) captaining Cripps may be what loses it for you.

• Ahmad rubas says:

Yeah captain Cripps going to lose it for me. Was initially going to copy his VC titch Fyfe C because I thought I had the better team but after heeney 18 that he didn't have I was behind the 8 ball and hoped Crippa could push me ahead. My only hope now is he stuffs up/forgets to loophole and Fyfe goes under 150 as captain

78. TBone_9 says:

Trades this week barring injury are looking like Fritsch to Menegola and Doedee to any def 535k or less. I’m thinking L. Ryan but any other options guys? Would love to grab Lloyd but that only leaves me about 440k to spend on a last forward. Will be full premo after this with 7 trades left in bank. Cheers guys

79. Defying_Madness says:

I really want to bring in Sloane for Treloar but his BE is still very at 198. I think I might do it anyway no guts no glory.
    Could always wait a week and field a rookie however I would lose a lot of points so I don't think it is worth it.
    Am I crazy community?

80. Tobby says:

Putting the VC on Cripps . Can't do Gawn into Fyffe because I don't have the loop hole so who should I put t the C Gawn or Fyffe.

81. Nick says:

Thoughts on Billings community?? I didn’t start with him (phew) but for 333k it’s tempting with his new role on the wing!!

82. Wingards says:

Brayden Ainsworth worth a look anyone? Have Battle, looking at mid downgrade option, thanks

83. Harry says:

Hey community, I have coniglio and Whitfield at m7/8 and am looking to bring Cripps in for one of them. Which one should I trade out? Cheers!

84. Jack says:

Seemed like an outrageous call to make back in Round 4 when he was suspended for a second time but Sicily is my best pick for the year. 400k averaging over 100, he has missed 2 games but who hasn't, had a good bye round….however the icing on the cake comes this week as I can swing him forward to avoid a donut. He might be a flog (as people say) but he's a flog I want in my team (even next year).
    He might be a risk, but sometimes the bigger risk is to ignore

• Derek says:

Stick the VC on him. GWS give up a lot of point to defenders.

• Derek says:

Tossing up VC Sicily or gray

They will need 140+ for me not to put C on Fyfe…. maybe even 150+

Fyfe is the biggest lock for C for the year so far…. in fact, I might not even bother with a VC

• PeteB says:

My only regret was not starting him. Got him in straight after his return from his second suspension. His scores were just to hard to ignore already by that stage, and I thought he might settle his behaviour given his importance to the team.

85. Lazza says:

Changed my mind on Nank to Grundy due to Grundy’s BE this week so that I could bring in Simpson and one of Kelly or Cripps. Still can’t make up my mind … 9 out of 10 in my cash leagues have Cripps but only 4 out of 10 have Kelly. But Cripps is such good value. Have less than 2 hrs to decide.
    Oh, and Nank stood up 😀

86. Baggy Pants says:

Have Higgins on the pine not sure whether to loop with Ahern and take out either Cogs or Wines could backfire if Ahern is a late in, what is the communities thoughts.

87. Baggy Pants says:

Jack Higgins that is. His 109 is tempting.

88. Connor says:

Kreuzer to who??? Gotta wait a week if Grundy…

89. SamuraiPizzaCat says:

A lot of sleeves this game – Simpson, Gray, Westhoff, Wingard, Petrevski-Seton, Pittard, Fisher, Silvagni .. am I missing any? #sleevewatch

90. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Westhoff 38 score bit rough qtr time
    2 frees for, 1 goal, 1 tackle alone is 20pts

91. TOPHAWK1 says:

Rocky 56 SC , Wingard 65 SC and Crippsy 68 SC as VC at half time. Bewdiful! Keep going now boys.

92. TOPHAWK1 says:

Lovely mate! Gray is turning it on big time today. We playing in a league this week? Havent had a good look yet.

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Playing you in the Up there Cazaly league. That is a crucial match for me. A must win to have any hope of making the 8. Let the battle be hard and tough!!

• Russty_ says:

Yeah in Up there Cazaly, could be a closeish one..I've still got Jack Higgin's score to be added 🙂 Good luck mate.

93. BrownlowBoy says:

Love watching Robbie Gray and Kade Simpson. Both for different reasons, but both are pure class.

94. Ja191 says:

thing I don't get with port is they put grey in the guts when the games on the line suggesting they rate him as one of their best mids. why not just put him there in the first place

• ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Can blame Wingard & Dixon for that one. Wingards first 9 games as a 80% forward 20% mid yielded 11 goals. So Gray has taken his role with better effect in front of goal. It's a tedious line because Port are not big scorers but also look better with Gray's class around the ball.
      Dixon has 12 goals from 13 games just yuk

• Defying_Madness says:

I think Gray forward is better for the Port team

• Connor says:

SuperCoach wise it doesn't seem to matter! Just watched him get 15ish points for a handball (scaling involved)

95. Connor says:

Was so close to going Fritsch to the Chad!

96. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Westhoff @ 485k prior to 3 round avg 113.6
    Wingard @ 364k prior to 4 round avg 108.2

97. Jeffrey says:

Who to Captain from Gawn or Fyfe?

• ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Gawn has not scored more than 128 vs Saints
      I would go Fyfe

• Jim_bob321 says:

Gawn scored his highest score for the season against the saints earlier this year…
        Please learn ur information before u start talking…
        Thanks!

• ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Says on footywire his highest score 168 round 6 this season was against Essendon

• Doc says:

Maybe learn your information before you start talking mate. Just have a quick look at Gawn's stats page on the SuperCoach app and you can let us all know that you were wrong and maybe you can inform us of what Gawn actually scored the last time he played the Saints. Cheers

• Jock says:

Scored 127 against saints earlier in the year. His highest score was against essendon. If you are going to have a crack at someone jimbob maybe you should get ya facts right!
          Thanks!

98. Defying_Madness says:

Anyone got a stream to the crows vs eagles game?
    Cheers

99. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Is Boak a hold with 5/8 coming games at AO and a relatively easy draw or should I trade to McLean?

100. Rockburner says:

Been waiting these last few weeks for dusty to turn his form around but now I think I’m going to have to look for a different m8 what are people’s thoughts

101. Audrey Horne says:

Waited all season to bring in Yeo. Typical.

102. Rivo says:

Yeo in defence 🙄. Not a good outcome for SC after his 27 early this season. Hope he gets into the midfield quickly!

103. Defying_Madness says:

Is Crouch ok? I brought him in this week for Treloar cant cop another injury

104. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Gawn, Fyfe or Titch for the C

105. Bells says:

Which jerkface at the Power gave Ollie Wines a new contract too early and stuffed his output the rest of the year!!??

106. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

3 Crows vs West Coast it seems

107. Sc_Wow says:

Well done crouch 👍🏼

108. What_Bear says:

Can anybody tell me if Fritsch and Giro are playing? Named according to AFL app, but orange on supercoach app?

109. Crow94 says:

Gunston late out. Looks like i have to use 1 of my last 6 trades to bring in a rookie for t.smith 🙁

110. Sc_Wow says:

He’s doing fine

111. JohnDJ59 says:

Black Flag might only be making the final 8 in a few of my ten leagues, but if I can keep my best team on the field I could be playing spoiler for some of the teams hoping to make the finals in the leagues I'm in. I'm even giving Gator a run for his money in M7 this weekend.

112. BrownlowBoy says:

Happy with my decision to keep Doedee for this week.

113. Connor says:

Why has Crouch stopped scoring this half??

114. Russty_ says:

Yeah BB, he's done really well, was looking like having a shocker earlier on.

115. hedski says:

Thank you Gaff. Tossed up you and Bont and you've came out on top (so far).

• Defying_Madness says:

He had a huge game you would have to be pretty happy. Ended up picking Crouch over him so I can't complain either

• hedski says:

Crouch was real good DM, started him and Kelly, not real happy that I had to trade both out early days.

• Defying_Madness says:

It's funny my midfield is exactly how I wanted it at the start of the year except for Cogs over Kelly. Started Kelly as well and moved him to Cogs after the injury. Started Zerret as well happy he is starting to find form though

116. Sc_Wow says:

It’s quarter time we all know how Yeo goes about it. Let’s all complain about our players scores early on….. jog on Audrey

117. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Dead set the best find this season Kelly a close 2nd

118. Russty_ says:

Bryce Gibbs did pretty well this week, also bad luck for coaches with Gunston this week, hope you've got cover on your benches, really important at this time of year to have playing rookies in your squads.

119. Crow94 says:

Bring on the FLOPPING tigers next week!
    Hopefully can shut their arrogant ass supporters up!

120. Defying_Madness says:

Howe tagging Kelly just like I thought. Cogs should be free today

121. BrownlowBoy says:

Possible Dusty replacement is Shuey. Will be sub 400k.

122. Tyruddanaut says:

I'm so glad I traded out Lobb……. so so glad. I'm so glad I'm not even going to cry a bit….. I mean cry a lot

That aside, Coniglio is the second most traded out player in my team

123. KSinny says:

Last 20 sec change of C from Fyfe to Titch, let's hope it pays off!

124. Defying_Madness says:

These umpires are a f***king joke. They are killing the game

125. johnno2908 says:

How's everyone else's weekend going?

Thursday night at 6.45pm had both Jack Riewoldt and Luke Shuey in my team. Right now have neither of them.

Just got to back your gut sometimes.

• Beezneez says:

Changed vc from Mitchell to Kelly. $##@@@%!

• johnno2908 says:

I did that too. Because I thought I needed a POD captain to beat the bloke I’m playing this week, now we will both have Gawn. Also picked Kelly in Draftstars rapidfire 5 over Mitchell for some stupid reason, and was my only losing leg. Missed out on $50.

Just keeps getting better!

126. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Should've stuck with my gut and went with C Titch, hope Gawn goes big tomorrow

127. Russty_ says:

Hands up if you traded out Gunston for Billings this week. 🙂

128. TOPHAWK1 says:

Titch on track for another 50 pozzie game. What a SC playboy he is. Wow

• BrownlowBoy says:

Might be one of those rounds where if you missed him as captain, you won't win many leagues, depending on how many skippered him.

• Russty_ says:

Gee I wish I'd put the C on him…could get 180 the way he's racking em up.

• Ahmad rubas says:

Cripps C vs my opponent titch VC not looking good for me

• BrownlowBoy says:

You wonder what goes through the minds of some of the GWS players…

"Hmmm, this Tom Mitchell bloke is going for another 50 touches for the 3rd time in his career, I won't show him any respect and run with him or stand beside him, because he's not damaging at all when he gets the footy".

The thought process must be something like that.

• Marty says:

Ugh the only week I don't have the vc or c on him. FML.

129. BrownlowBoy says:

You wouldn't be happy trading Cogs out.

130. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Happy with a 73 from my Webster cover in Mihocek

131. SC_Sixty6 says:

Who here did titch VC?

132. Corey says:

Damn went for Josh Kelly over Shuey this week to trade in, hope Kelly is better in the long run

133. Davo says:

For years all I heard on here was Nathan Buckley was the worst coach, don't seem to hear it now, wonder why?

• Russty_ says:

Because they're winning some games now…and Alan Richardson has taken over his role 🙂

• Sofatel says:

Because Magpies bought in two very good assistant coaches in Longmuir – backline and Hocking – midfield. Still don’t rate Bucks as a good coach but to give him his due, he has taken a backward step and allowed these two coaches to do what they do best.
      Now, Magpies can even win it with a bit of luck.

134. Defying_Madness says:

Wondering how the community are going so far this week
    Currently sitting on 1547 with Merret, Hurley, Ryan, Oliver, Gawn, Smith, Fyfe (C) and Walters to come.
    Think there should be a few high scores with the only big stinker so far being Heeney for most.

135. Finnius says:

Going to be some big scores around – I am projected 2500 even with Heeney's 18

136. Sash m says:

Gawn or Fyffe for captain?

137. Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Seen Trigga had looped Mitchell vc score. Thought he said hes vc and capt was set and forgot?!

138. Rivo says:

Who will score higher? I have asked before but now down to Sunday games. Tossing up whether to bench one of the below premos and loop in Higgins 109?…..

T-Mac, Walters or D.Smith???

139. TOPHAWK1 says:

Hi community!

Just read a news article just posted online. Here is an excerpt,

"It has just been reported that Tom Mitchell was rushed to hospital last night. After the match against GWS, it appears he began suffering from drowsiness and black outs. Doctors are saying that he has contracted a rare condition known as "Bovine toxicity syndrome". It is most commonly contracted by dairy farmers who work with cows and come into contact with their hides. It is well known that footballs are made from cow hide (leather) and that he has somehow contracted the condition by repeatedly touching a leather football.

Doctors have advised Mitchell to avoid any contact with any sort of leather football for the next few days to ensure that the administered antibiotics can take full effect. He is expected to make a full recovery.

Despite Mitchell's post game health scare, he was prolific last night with a best on ground performance against GWS. He amassed 50 disposals and scored 181 SC points, the third highest score for the season."

Aaaaahhhhh Tom Mitchell, he BLOODY GUN!! Welcome.

140. BrownlowBoy says:

Fyfe, Gawn or Oliver as captain and why.

141. prizza says:

Hey community appreciate your thoughts plz
    take mihocek 73 – play hibbert ( yes im the only fukwit that still has him ,pardon
    take henry 77 – play guelfi ///???????
    im thinking take both.

142. Hawks says:

Need Help, do I roll the dice on Billings or takes Boaks score of 72.

Leaning towards rolling with Billings

143. Good ol’ JR says:

Gawn or Fyfe captain ? Help me community

144. dontblushbaby says:

De Goey has re signed to day with the Pies until 2021 for anyone who cares to know

• TOPHAWK1 says:

I hope that is good. I traded him in 3 weeks ago and now that he signed, he doesn't forget to play footy because he is busy counting $$$.

145. Finnius says:

Already regretting not captaining Gawn

146. BrownlowBoy says:

Ahern in

147. Sc_Wow says:

Atta boy billbo

148. TOPHAWK1 says:

Ahern playing. Had Rocky on the bench with the E on him. Bye bye 88 SC. Hope Ahern can score a 60 to minimize the damage. Feel sorry for folks who had the same thing going on except it was Titch instead of Rocky.

149. Rabbits16 says:

Gaaawwwwn yiew keep those points up 2nd half you bearded warrior

150. INPieman says:

I bet there are plenty of teams that had the VC on Titch & the C on Ahern thinking there geniuses. There will be horror stories galore

151. BrownlowBoy says:

Well Oliver is gonna miss a week at least.

152. Tyruddanaut says:

WOw, I have 2 playeron 70 at half time. The only issue is that one of them is on the bench for a player with half his score on the field

153. Ja191 says:

guess who has joel smith on field lol

154. Tyruddanaut says:

Tom McDonald looks like hes been pushed back into defense. Well, that was a waste of money

155. Jeff says:

Need do decide whether to loop Gawn in the next 20 minutes via Redman. My C is on Fyfe which my opponent also has. What should I do?

156. BrownlowBoy says:

Melbourne supporters I have a question.

What does Jordan Lewis actually bring to the table? Surely someone like Hunt is better?

157. Guy says:

Who will score more Ahern or Giro?

158. Rivo says:

Oliver & T-Mac letting a lot of teams down!

159. Crow94 says:

Billings and Richardson kindly go jump off a cliff!

160. Finnius says:

Haven't seen Tom Mcdonald all day… this is why you don't pick key forwards.

161. Marty says:

The moment you realise you can't loophole Gawn because you only have Giro and Fyfe to play. Ugh!

162. KSinny says:

Cause of Gunston 0 do I get Aherns points as E even though Gunston was named?

163. neil demons delight says:

Demons are frontrunners waiting for their teammate to get the pill Been like that for years congrats Russty and Gator who comprehensively got me NDD

164. Ja191 says:

how good is fritsch

165. AuroraBorealis?! says:

This week is turning into a f*king disaster, unless fyfe pulls out a 250 against brisbane this week is over

166. Defying_Madness says:

Zachary Merretson it is good to have you back

167. Nuggety says:

Cmon Ahern, earn your keep!!! Cost me tim Kelly's looped 95 with the late in. Get the ball already..

168. BadgerHoney7 says:

So…. had loophole on ahern had Gawn vc, at Saints game so didn't know he was a late in, means I now have to miss out on gawns 292 and whatever Merrett scores on the bench – he's already on 40 at qt

169. KSinny says:

Seems like I'm the only one that is glad Ahern played since it means I don't get a 0 from Gunston 🤣

170. Steeeve says:

Shocking round for me. Ahern now my captain because I tried to loop Gawn into Fyfe. Bust arvo, checked to see if Ahern was in earlier and he wasn't so just left it. Doh.
    T Mac and Heeney shocking. Dusty not a premo. Bye bye top 500.

171. Defying_Madness says:

MERRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

172. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Just came back home to see Oliver scored 59 and T-Mac 39. WTF happened?

173. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

2413 with Fyfe to go

174. Audrey Horne says:

Sandi late late out.

175. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Sandilands a late out, i doubt Fyfe will score as highly now. Wish i went with my initial idea and stuck the C on gawn

176. Rivo says:

When you leave the C on Fyfe & watch Titch & Gawn run amuck! Then cop Heeney 18, T-Mac 39 and Oliver 59. There goes any chance of 2500. 🙄

177. Ahmad rubas says:

ahern on 60 could get to 90 which wouldnt be season ending for ahern captainers

178. TOPHAWK1 says:

Fyfe done!!!! Hamstring. Thank fark I went Gawn.

179. Finnius says:

FYFE HAMMY GONE FOR THE DAY WHAT IS SUPERCOACH I [email protected]#$ING QUIT.

Was on track for 2500 last night now gonna scrape together 2250.

180. AuroraBorealis?! says:

Oh good, just when i thought this round couldnt get any worse my captain Fyfe goes off with a hammy for a score of 36. If you need me ill be sobbing in the corner in the fetal position

181. BrownlowBoy says:

Sunday is the worst day of the week for Supercoach

182. BrownlowBoy says:

Paul Ahern is a better captain option than Nat Fyfe this week.

183. Derek says:

Fyfe gone. Watch Neale and Walters go huge

184. SC_Sixty6 says:

Only the people that had fyfe as C should be complaining. Everyone else it doesn't matter.

185. Crow94 says:

Fyfe going to be out for a few weeks or wasnt that bad?

186. JEL says:

Rich is being shown as tagged by Banfield. Do Freo consider him the most dangerous player in the Brissie side?

187. hedski says:

As much as it sucks Fyfe going down, its saved me in at least 4-5 leagues as I switched to Gawn captain at the last minute….. Hopefully he's not too bad cos I don't want to burn another trade.

188. Rabbits16 says:

2369 this week with some low scores fyfe, d smith, macdonald. how did everyone fair?

189. KSinny says:

2310 for me this week with Heeney, Smith, Guelfi, Oliver and fyfe so pretty happy.

190. ZzZCalintZzZ says:

Wow you stuck with Steff Martin yeah?

191. Connor says:

I love how big Maxy Gawn consistently one-ups Grundy's SC score no matter what each week – Brodie will have to keep working harder if he wants to take the mantle off the big man himself

• SamuraiPizzaCat says:

You know Grundy has outscored Gawn a few times this season right? So I wouldn't say no matter what. Gawn is the top dog though for sure!

192. BadgerHoney7 says:

2150 something should've scored 2250 + if that pelican Scott told us earlier in the week that Ben Jacobs wasn't gonna play – it was so clear!!!

193. Russty_ says:

Cripes what a mare of a week!…my sympathies to all my fellow coaches who also captained Fyfe…was predicted over 2300, ended up with 2119 lol

• Sc_Wow says:

Bloody Fyfe

• Lazza says:

Luckily I swapped my C from Fyfe to Ridley at 3/4 time of the Melb game… VC on Gawn.
      Helped me to capture the Black Flag !!! SC can be a bitch..

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Tell me about it Russty. My score was hammered too. Projected this morning at 2348 and ended up with 2192. Like you said earlier, going Gawn was working out over Fyfe. Thank god. It was my only highlight for the day…… And maybe having a win in the Cazaly league. 😉 Good tough match as always mate. Good luck next week. Got 7 trades and a lot of work to do.

• Russty_ says:

No worries mate good win…I tried vcing Cripps…fail, and then Fyfe..so disaster..lol, how did Freo get beaten by Brisbane?…No Sandi and Fyfe means they just fall in a heap?..or did brissy play well?

• Sc_Wow says:

I think if Stef is on they play so much better. We saw it against port when he mostered that game too

• TOPHAWK1 says:

Fremantle were putrid. Before and after Fyfe left the field. Stef Martin had a day out as expected (No Sandi) which helped the lions. But Brisbane were much hungrier than Freo right from the first bounce. It was like the dockers were still getting off the cruise ship at the Fremantle port after their week off.

• Russty_ says:

Bit of a shame considering they were looking good there for awhile, I'm sure Ross Lyin won't care all that much, still has a few juicy years left on his contract lol.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

That sucks rustie. Did you get that league win you were after?

194. INPieman says:

A nice fisting from the gods this week. Knocked Danger VC back for Fyfe. Oh well. I'm sure I'm not the only one. Such is the game we play

• Russty_ says:

Yeah mate, gotta take the good with the shite..was really looking forward to this week too…lol, until I saw what happened to Fyfe.

195. Randomcliche2 says:

David Armitage. 124 points in a win, this is what I was expecting from you when I selected you. Unfortunately I know we had to part ways when you couldn't get game/score more than a rookie. When you are priced cheap next year I'm sorry, but I won't be buying your services for the 4th time in 5 years… How cheap did you say? Oh sh!t.

• Russty_ says:

I started the year with him to RC..not sure why, he was soon gone…should've just paid the price for someone younger and better.

196. John says:

Don't know what trades i can make this week…. hmmm….

197. Sc_Wow says:

Even with Fyfe C my other players lifted and still pulled out a 2216, dropping 43 spots to 170 odd. Onto next week!

198. Iamme says:

Captain bloody carnage strikes again!

Just when I thought it was coming good…. moved up 25,000 places over the last month, as I had been hovering around 50,000 most of the season. …. Was hoping for 800 plus today which would of given me 2400…. Instead 2059!… so I lost the unlosable match by 102 points thanks to major spud up's Tmac, D.Smith, L.Ryan and Captain Fyfe. This year has been a disaster for me….but that's what you get when you start with Danger and Dusty, Josh Kelly, Billings and also Kreuzer who I just finally dumped for Grundy this week…..Got to laugh.

• Russty_ says:

I had those 3 as well…not T-Mac but the other 3…just hang on to this, if you can make the 8, you can win your League…can be very satisfying if you can do that from low in the top 8.

199. oliverfisher says:

2,431 this week, which I am extremely pleased with. I've had a shocking season so far, but managed to move from around 32k overall pre byes to 9,400 overall after this week. Obviously still fairly low overall, but hopefully I can continue to move up and end the season on a respectable ranking. Big thanks to all the advice from the community so far.

• Russty_ says:

That's a huge shift Oliver, and massive score this week..good stuff, hope you have enough trades left to survive the rest of the season. 🙂

• oliverfisher says:

Thanks Russty, 7 left so hopefully should be okay. Like most people, I am just hoping Fyfe is not out for too long and that Heeney doesn't miss a week. Most likely will go Brawshaw to Shuey to cover Fyfe and then hope that Ahern gets another game to cover Heeney.

200. Charlie says:

What a horrible Sunday!!!!
    Last night I was headed for high 2400s! Then…
    McDonald 39
    Oliver 59
    Ahern plays, killing my Mitchell VC / Higgins E loophole bonanza
    D.Smith 52
    Fyfe (now captain because Gawn was already locked out) 43 (…should have kept Ahern as captain!)
    Ryan 53
    Ended up with 2083. My lowest non-bye score of the year and a 28 point league loss.

201. Steeeve says:

Ahern captain actually turned out alright… what a stinker of a round.

202. BrownlowBoy says:

Lebron signed with the Lakers!!!

203. NoLanguage says:

2408 in the end. Cheers Tommy Mitchell!

Fyfe to Higgins this week. 6 scores of 120+ and only in 2% of teams. That's a POD and a half.