HEROES, VILLAINS AND THE DAMNED Round 13

Filed in Supercoach by on 27/06/2018 • views: 2899

Rejoice, Community.

The dreaded bye rounds are over.

We can now slot our complete or near-complete sides back on the field and operate at full capacity.

There were some stunning performances on the weekend, headlined by contested machine Patrick Cripps and the majestic Josh Kelly.

Scores fluctuated somewhat from team to team with some scoring south of 1800 and others breaking the magical 2000 mark.

The Heroes

Carlton midfield general Patrick Cripps (187 SC) produced arguably the most complete performance of his career to date on Sunday. He finished with 29 possessions, nine tackles, seven marks, 20 contested disposals and three goals in a brilliant outing for his side.

Brisbane recruit Luke Hodge (164 SC) wound back the clock for the Lions on Saturday in his best outing for his new club. Hodge had 30 possessions, 11 marks and one goal at 93 per cent disposal efficiency playing off half back.

Josh Kelly (149 SC) glided around the Gabba like a Rolls Royce and he looked a class above most other players on the field. He finished with 30 disposals, eight marks, five tackles and two goals for the Giants. If you don’t already have him, get this man in your side ASAP. He’s an absolute jet.

Coaches who were lucky enough to put the VC on Demon ruckman Max Gawn (140 SC) were richly rewarded. The big man finished with 53 hit outs to monster Power opponent Patrick Ryder.

Hawthorn firebrand James Sicily (135 SC) is starting to make a valid claim as SuperCoach’s leading defender with another exceptional outing, while Collingwood midfielder Steele Sidebottom (125 SC) has been one of the most consistent players in the AFL this season.

Other significant scores: Hayden Crozier (137 SC), Luke Bruest (131 SC), Billy Gowers (126 SC), Shaun Higgins (123 SC), Tom Bellchambers (121 SC), Jarman Impey (121 SC), Ben Brown (120 SC).

The Villains

A week after returning a stunning 127 SC for the Power two weeks ago, the roller-coaster that is Tom Rockliff (61 SC) continued on Friday night. Rocky was sitting on 50-odd at half time but dropped off severely in the second half. He went at a disposal efficiency rate of only 60% and had four clangers from his 20 possessions.

Christian Petracca (63 SC) is still building up the tank to play the midfield minutes required for consistant scoring, while Lions ruckman Stefan Martin (68 SC) had  down match against the Giants.

The Redeemers

Magpies captain Scott Pendlebury (136 SC) has been solid without being spectacular so far this season. But he had 29 disposals at 86% DE on Sunday in a sign his best is not past him yet.

Andrew Gaff (122 SC) has been very consistent in 2018, however his previously two matches returned scores in the 80s. But he made an impressive return to form on Thursday night with 42 possessions at 84 DE.

After belting out a 149 SC three weeks ago, Heath Shaw (113 SC) had returned scores of 86, 80 in the past fortnight. But he was back to his best on Saturday, finding plenty of the ball off half back.

Todd Goldstein (132 SC) has had an inconsistent season by his lofty standard but the Roos ruckman returned to form on Saturday. He finished with 42 hit outs and 20 possessions at 85% DE.

The Prodigies

Not much to write home about on the rookie front on the weekend, with no player able to hit three figures.

Bubble boys: Joel Smith (34 SC)

First game: Jacob Dawson (51 SC)

The Damned

There are reports Collingwood midfielder Adam Treloar (95SC) has torn his hamstring off the bone and his season could be over. That’s bad news for the coaches who traded him into their sides at the expense of Jackson McRae recently.

Brisbane defender Harris Andrews (22 SC) has been hospitalised following a crude elbow from Giants forward Jeremy Cameron. Andrews has reportedly suffered bleeding to the brain and looks set for an extended stint on the sidelines.

1. Florence Maxwell says:

Cheers Damp

2. BlueSteele says:

Wow hasn't commented his rank yet

• Sc_Wow says:

Losing sleep over it?

• BadgerHoney7 says:

not to be a pest or anything but I actually would be quite intrigued into what your rank is, I'd like to know how a couple of the boys at the top are going to cheer them on.

• BlueSteele says:

If you got it flaunt it buddy! A light hearted jest but in all seriousness, wishing success to everyone here and I need to see your high ranks so I can live vicariously through you. 2019 can't come soon enough for the BlueSteeles.

• Nick says:

haha whatever happend to 'the road to number 1''

3. Bam says:

Torn between two players this week as I need a POD midfielder

Higgins or Sidebottom?

4. Nick says:

Playing for league and just dropped to 5th having had a disastrous bye period. I am planning to bring in two forwards to complete all lines (bar one rook in defence). Keen to hear which two of the following will serve me best.

1. T Mac
    2. Westhoff
    3. Buddy
    4. Hogan
    5. R Gray

Appreciate your thoughts. Btw I already have

Sicilly, Heeney, D Smith, and McClean.

5. HarryH76 says:

9 trades left, team complete. This wasn't even on the radar for me until now but J Riewoldt is only 324k this week. Would cost less than 16k to upgrade Guelfi and have him as F7. I figure excellent job security, potentially pick weeks he'll have a blinder so he's F6 occasionally. Otherwise excellent back up. Thoughts?

• Nick says:

Good call Harry. Maybe I should add him to my list from the above comment. Would save some cash and as you say at worst makes excellent F7 cover.

• joe says:

A Thursday game, three Fridays and one early Saturday game make him Richmond players an interesting substitute opportunity.

• SteveC says:

Nice observation Harry, I’m in!

• Randomcliche2 says:

Nah he got that price for a reason.

• Browncow says:

Was averaging 90 before his concussion. If short on trades worth a punt maybe.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Yeah good point. Cheaper now and definitely value, but still only 3 tonnes in 9 matches (pre KO) and not big ones. More value certainly than my initial thought and comment, but a keeper? Not for mine.

• HarryH76 says:

Depends on your structure. Only as an F7. I wouldn't do it if he was F6

6. r_calve says:

my team is as follows:
    B: McDonald, yeo, crisp, laird, Simpson, McGovern
    M: titch, Cripps, Gibbs, cogs, Neale, Fyfe, Merrett, Heeney
    R; gawn, Martin
    F: McLean, Smith, Sicily, menegola, fritsch, guelfi

i got heaps of dpp's on the bench so, I can trade in Premo this week, who shall it be?

7. ShwingMan says:

Current squad
    Def: Laird, Lloyd, Yeo, Simpson, Hurley, Hibberd (Redman, Keefe)
    Mid: Danger, Dusty, Fyfe, Mitchell, JPK, Zerrett, Bont, Cripps (Ahern, Giro, Barry)
    Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)
    Fwd: Gray, Heeney, McLean, Sicily, Walters, Dev Smith (Guelfi, T.Smith)

Currently ranked around the 1000 mark with 10 trades and $147000 in the bank
    Options this week:
    1. Hibberd > Howe
    2. Hibberd > Buddy (via Sicily DPP)
    3. Hibberd > Howe, Guelfi > Riewoldt or Lynch (cheap @ F7!)

Last option there gives me good cover on the bench in fwds and can swing Sicily back to cover if an injury hits my backline.
    What do we all think about these!?

• Derek says:

Don’t do 2. You will lose your Sicily/Keefe swingset.

• redherringfc says:

Derek makes a good point, but I reckon Buddy is your best option to bring in.

Can you fiddle it to keep Keeffe and Sicily at opposite ends? If you were to bring in J Smith for Guelfi as well you could swing Keeffe forward. This would give you cover in backs as Redman is injured (I think) and Keeffe is unlikely.

Or maybe you don’t care about the swing at the moment.

8. SC Rookie says:

With 10 trades and 200k banked, what's the communities thoughts on my next move? At this stage, ranked 12K only going for league wins.

B. Laird,Yeo, Sicily, Simpson, Lloyd, Hurn (Austin, Ridley)
    M. Fyfe, Mitchell, Oliver, Cripps, Martin, Zerrett, Coniglio, Rockliff (Banfield, Ahern, Dawson)
    R. Gawn, Martin (Olongo)
    F. Gray, Franklin, Hogan, Walters, Wingard, Fritsch (T.Smith, Keefe)

Would be great to hear your thoughts.
    Thanks in advance.

• Derek says:

You probably need Heeney

If you are confident you will make your finals, hold your trades.

• SC Rookie says:

Yes agree need Heeney asap. Now byes are gone Heeney, T McDonald (swing def/fwd) and aq cheap Mclean are coming in.
        I'm sittjng top in league somehow and happy to pick off premiums when ripe.
        Thanks Derek.

• BadgerHoney7 says:

i would move fritsch up to heeney then next week use a downgrade with banfield then allow for a f7, d7 or m9 (how u have held onto banfield for that long is outrageous btw)

• SC Rookie says:

Yes, Fritsch to Heeney looks appealing.
        I'm hoping to use Wingard and Walters as swings Mid Fwd swings on the bench, upgrade my fdws by finals.
        Was happy to keep Banfield as a mid bench option knowing he was regular and a favorite of Ross.
        Thanks for your reply Badger.

• Grahame Lebroy says:

I would upgrade in the mids and also fwd. Either conigs or rocky to an uber premo. Same with Fritsch to an elite fwd. Actually you could upgrade again in the mid. T.Smith isn't a bad f7. Maybe sell banfield and use the money to upgrade two mids and Fritsch over next few weeks

• SC Rookie says:

Thanks GL, will upgrade the mid that's misbehaving to Danger or Kelly. Fritsch seems to be at at his peak $ so time to say thanks and move him on.

• Derek says:

hold Rocky for now. something wasn't quite right with him last week. only 59% TOG. hopefully he is over that and looking at Ports run home – Carlton, Saints, Freo, GWS, Dogs, Crows, WCE, Collingwood, Essendon. NICE

• Browncow says:

Had 67 points at one stage towards the end of the third quarter similar to recent output. Had a quiet patch and then missed the last 20 minutes after copping a whack on the head. Champion Data discounted him a few points for his troubles.

9. Fiona the Finn says:

Dear Big Carl or anyone if he can’t help me.
    I need one of Duman, Freo, Ridley, Bombers or Joel Smith, Demons to get a game this week. Unfortunately their games are not until Sunday so I won’t find out until late Saturday afternoon.
    Who might it be please so I can make an informed? decision on who to trade. Surely one of them will get a game???
    Thank you in advance.

• nankthetank says:

Joel Smith has the best chance, the Duman then Ridley. Dons won't make any changes after knocking off the Eagles

• Fiona the Finn says:

But Redman is out so might Ridley replace him or Francis? Also Joel played dreadfully and Duman played well in the Magoos.

• redherringfc says:

Smith with have some good games and some poor ones. I think he’ll be ok, I’ve got him in this week, but purely to get the $$ from cole and as bench cover. Ridley is a chance to return.

Is it only this week they need a game? Sunday teams are finalised around 5:30pm on Friday, so see who’s made the cut at that point.

• Fiona the Finn says:

Yes Red. I want Buddy and need to do my sums and take a risk. I hope you are right and thanks.
            Next week my final defender but can’t this week due to lack of funds.

• nankthetank says:

If Ridley returns I'll quit SC because I traded him out for Redman

10. r_calve says:

anyone reckon ollie wines is a good premo option for the rest of the season, 543k with a low BE and had some good scores latly, but obly getting like 60% game time, anyone know whats up with that

11. Jarryd says:

Webster or Hurley for D6? Have Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Simmo and Ryan

• Jarryd says:

Sicily and Tmac in the fwd line btw

• Ja191 says:

webster

• SC Rookie says:

Why not move one of McD or Sicily back to create the swing and upgrade a Fwd (only if you're not already full premiun in that line).

• BigAl_15 says:

What about Crisp? Seems pretty solid at the moment and is a bit of a POD

• Beezneez says:

Webster may still need another week. In any case he could be as low as $390k by round 17.

12. Rick Grimes says:

Anyone concerned with Hogan's output? I cant see jom averaging more than 85 from here out.

• Rick Grimes says:

Him *

• Russty_ says:

Yeah thinking the same Rick, 3 out of his last 5 scores have been pitiful, not exactly reliable lately and he'll be dropping a heap of cash this week.

• PeteB says:

Yep, but I’m gonna have to stick with him for now in case I need the trades at the pointy end

• Derek says:

TMac has really affected his goal scoring. nil goals for a few weeks

13. r_calve says:

wines, Sidebottom or Higgins?

14. BigAl_15 says:

Hey community, I have 9 trades left and this is how I'm set up:
    B: Sicily, T Cole, Laird, Simpson, Hurley, Savage (Austin, R Smith)
    M: Fyfe, Titch, Oliver, Duncan, Cripps, Curnow, Gaff, Coniglio (Holman, Spargo, Ahern)
    R: Grundy, Gawn (Hayes)
    F: McDonald, Gray, D Smith, McLean, Fritsch, T Smith (L Ryan, Stephenson)
    I'm considering getting in J Kelly, Crisp, Yeo or Heeney. Any thoughts?

• johnno2908 says:

Heeney is number one forward and its the only area you have rookies on ground. Would go Fritsch to Heeney if you can afford it.

• DavidC says:

He has Cole in the backline as well. Cole to Yeo. Downgrade Holman if you need cash.

• johnno2908 says:

Good point. Didn’t see him as I glossed over him at D2. Yep, get Yeo for sure.

• BigAl_15 says:

Cheers lads, appreciate it. Should I downgrade Holman to a floating 0 or a rookie who will play?

15. johnno2908 says:

Geezuz there's some value about this round.

Currently with 7 trades left, toying with the idea of going Fritsch and T Smith to Jack Riewoldt and Luke Shuey and pray that come finals the cash increase is enough to get an extra premo in. Would leave 5 trades and team looking like this.

DEF: Sicily, Yeo, Laird, Simpson, L Ryan, Shaw (Murphy, Heron)
    MID: Fyfe, Mitchell, J Kelly, Oliver, Danger, Cripps, Martin, Shuey (Taranto, Giro, Worpel)
    RUCK: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
    FWD: Heeney, Gray, Franklin, D Smith, Walters, McLean (J Riewoldt, Ahern)

• Finnius says:

Not worth it. I would rather field taranto in the forward line and use two trades to paint the fence and bring in a Gaff/Bont/Neale in the mids. Better to have gun premos performing every week than a loophole between two 80 scores.

• johnno2908 says:

That’s the trade I did when supercoach opened. Bought in Neale and Redman for Fritsch and Murphy.

• Maverick_ says:

agree with finnius paint the fence. I wouldn't touch riewoldt personally . shuey i can see the temptation but much prefer to see you paint the fence and get a genuine premo. even consider pendles with treloar out

16. Moosehead says:

Does anyone, particularly Swan supporters know how Buddy has fared at Etihad. I think he did ok earlier this year but what about other years? I realise that he will be up against Rance/Ashbury but he has had a rest and he can play.

17. Rick Grimes says:

Scott Pendlebury gonna step up the scoring with Treloar out of the equation?

• Blueth says:

de goey

• Maverick_ says:

i think there i alot of hype for de goey and i am tempted for my F6.
      But if you are looking to fill M8 i think pendles is value and should pick up points.

18. Dale says:

naughton, Holman, Ronke all on the chopping block for a downgrade..
    whose the best option to cull and for who??
    i wanted redman but he isn't named

• Derek says:

i might go early on Wilson. Cheap and has DPP

• Dale says:

I don't like his JS at all though. alot of injuries at the crows they're all due back in the near future too. you not worried about that derek?

• Russty_ says:

Redman's out 6-8 weeks with an ankle mate.

• Dale says:

Yeah sorry that’s what I meant by wasn’t named.
        Think it’ll be either naughton -> Jsmith or ronke->battle.
        Wait one more week on Dawson

19. Corey says:

I have one more position to fill my forward line should I swing Sicily Forward abd Trade In a defender or look to trade in another forward?

• RayFL says:

G'day Corey

Nobody can provide an informed answer to your question as you have failed to provide the necessary information.

For example; What is your current Forward and Defence line up? How much cash do you have? How many trades left? Are your MIDS settled? Why dont ribbed condoms taste like ribs? etc…

Since you have the ability to swing Sicily with a trade, the question you should be looking at is, Who is the best option to bring into your team out if ALL the avaiable premo DEFS and FWDS that you don't currently have.

This determines whether you need to swing Sicily or not.

(If you feel it necessary to have a swing just for the heck of it, my personal opinion would be to keep your private life to yourself, your partner and the other couples down at the Big Band dance nights at your local golf club. FFS this ain't Tinder ya know.)

Good luck, I hope this helps.

20. Rivo says:

Is Pat Wilson likely to get a run this week? DPP downgrade option to help get that last premo….
    7 trades & $2k only. I have asked couple of times –

1 Higgins to Hurley & P.Wilson? OR
    2 Hold – Higgins & Austin to make more cash??

21. Clayton says:

whose the pick of the rookies this week.
    1 . Battle
    2. J.Smith
    3. Dawson
    4 D.Clarke

22. jonesy says:

got 2 options: which is the best

A) naughton > J.Smith
    holman > J.Kelly (pushes rocky to M9 and will try loop him when i can)

B) Naughton > J.Smith
    Fritsch > yeo (via sicily's DPP)

• Dale says:

If ya chasing full premium status still then defs go B)

Getting kelly and pushing rocky M9 is more a luxury do that later

23. gator59 says:

Treloar has to go, but who to thoughts on Duncan, Ablett, Sidebum, De gooooey ,Zorko, Higgins , The Bont or any other that makes a good case of picking them…. Sort of stuck on this one and I don't need to trade one in and trade them back out again due to LTI like Treloar has done…. I'm so over trading blokes that have injuries long term… Talk about a year for the ages injury wise to premos and will be glad to see the last of this year

• BrownlowBoy says:

Jelwood.

• gator59 says:

Had him at the pointy end last year and he burnt me …. But worth consideration I guess

• BrownlowBoy says:

I know Duncan, Ablett, Danger, Menegola all roll in and out of that midfield. But Selwood is the constant.

If you don't have the likes of Oliver, Kelly and Cripps, I'd be getting them in.

I think the Bont is a good pick also.

24. HarryH76 says:

Just noticed at the bottom of my SC page that 3,362 people have traded Mason Redman IN to their teams this week!!!!!

• TRIGGA_HAPPY says:

They better hit the ol' reverse trades button pronto else they will be stuck at 7.21 tonight.

Assume as he was on the bubble most traded him in Monday or Sunday night once SC opened..

Imagine that. Trading "IN" an injured player.

25. WTFoxtrot_58 says:

Hey Big Carl

Reckon Dusty and Heeney get a gurnsey in next weeks edition.