THE CHEAT SHEET Round 14

Filed in Supercoach by on 20/06/2018 • views: 8373
They’re almost over people. The byes are almost over, we can take a deep breath, cry a little, and then remember the byes are almost over. Thursday night games aren’t almost over though. They continue for a few weeks yet. Damn those Thursday night games!

Last week, all of my greens scored well enough with Kreuzer’s 78 possibly the only blemish, and my orange squares all produced the scores I was worried about. Ollie Wines backed up his 142 with a 157, so that may not be a coincidence anymore (I’d still consider him an “orange option” though), and Stefan Giro came up with a 66 which his new owners should be very happy about.

This week, you may have noticed that the cheat sheet is very green. Funnily enough, this week has possibly the most SuperCoach relevent set of teams coming off their bye. I know Geelong, Richmond, Sydney and Fremantle are all having their bye this week, but Melbourne have Tom McDonald, Jesse Hogan, and featured in the cheat sheet is Clayton Oliver. Collingwood have Jack Crisp and Adam Treloar. Stefan Martin at the Lions, Devon Smith and Michael Hurley at the Bombers. I could go on. It’s a long list. A long green list.

Jack Macrae is out with a hamstring for 4 weeks, and like I said in the cheat sheet, unless you have amazing cover who can score 110+ for you each week reliably while he recovers, I recommend moving him on.
There are names that I miss out this week, like Josh Kelly. He’s a player who is good at football, but Melbourne and Collingwood are likely to win more games on the run home.

Anyway, have a squizz at the cheat sheet below.

What trades are you looking to do this week?

1. TommyC99 says:

So got a few options community, which one is better?
    1. Bring in Oliver/treloar, means I lose DPP in mids
    2. Bring in Hurley, but means keeffe and Sicily on same line

2. Doc says:

Gunston or The Chad™?

• Cobee Bear says:

I think Gunston is more likely to be 85-95 scorer on a consistent basis, whereas Wingard has a bigger ceiling, but potentially less consistent and reliable

• Ja191 says:

gunston

• Derek says:

It will be interesting where Gunston plays with Frawley back.

• sc tragic says:

I think Frawley is a bit of a lost cause if he hasn't got a significant injury he manages to get a headache.

• theRealPod says:

Wingard if he stays in the guts.

• Forbidden Donut says:

Gunston has had a sneaky way of finishing in the top 10 forwards over the past few years here and there. He's reliable and durable. Chad in more risk it for the biscuit. Both Hawthorn and Port have a good run home. I reckon if you have already locked down most of the top forwards with low standard deviations, then go a POD like Wingard. Be prepared to ride the 40-140 wave and move him to F7/M10 if required. But if you already have a few volatile forwards go the 85-95 safe Gunston option.

3. TBone_9 says:

With JJK out, do I still go

1. Doedee, Nank and Henry to Hurley, Stef and Ahern?

or

2. Doedee, Henry and JJK to Hurley, Ahern and Chad/Gunston?

Planned to trade Brayshaw and Fritsch next week to Cripps and Gray. 14 trades remaining with 272k in the bank. Cheers guys πŸ™‚

4. r_calve says:

oliver, kelly, Treloar, bont or Higgins?

which to trade in

5. NoLanguage says:

Keep up the solid work boys!

Crazy carnage over these first two weeks but last week was a lot better than R11. Managed a respectable 1836 jumping back to a rank of 2015.

Current team looks like this:

B – Laird, Yeo, Ryan, Simmo, Savage, Richards (Austin, Keeffe)
    M – Fyfe, Mitchell, Danger, Cripps, Parker, Cogs, Merrett, Dusty (Phillips, Ahern, Giro)
    R – Gawn, Martin (Cameron)
    F – Heeney, Sicily, Gray, McLean, Smith, Walters (Guelfi, T.Smith)

10 trades & $117k in the bank.

Planning on getting either Crisp or McDonald in as my last def upgrade but need a bit more cash. Is it too early to punt Austin for Mihocek this week? What are people's thoughts on his JS?

Also will Tim Smith get back in the Melb side? Any suggestions always welcome thanks guys πŸ™‚

• Dukes says:

Mihocek will get dropped for ried, and because you already have keefe not playing you cant afford 2 non playing emergencies. Best to wait a week and pick the better of redman or smith.

• neil demons delight says:

Tim will get back for Pederson

6. Josh says:

Taranto ($400,100) – Oliver ($560,200)
    Fogarty ($234,000) – Ahern ($123,900)

5 trades will be left with 3 but full side of premo's

• Stretch Marks says:

That's not many trades left given how many rounds remain. Unless you are really high in the rankings, i would be tempted to keep the trades for now.

7. Josh says:

why is Zach Merrett playing at full back??
    is it just a rotation???

• Ja191 says:

wouldn't read into it too much, positions are often random on team lineups

• r_calve says:

if you think about, zach merrett could be a very good premo defender if he played there, he would be like docherty with his foot siill and tackling abilty

• Derek says:

I think they might be trying him out as a key defender. He is actually a lot taller than you think and has a good fist.

8. Fearthebeard says:

Still stuck. Looking at the draw I am
    Now thinking trealor
    Over j Kelly? Anyone disagree? Or agree???

Also Lloyd or Westhoff?

• Derek says:

Both teams have reasonable games, don’t think it is enough to separate them.

Collingwood have their top 4 or 5 do well every week, been like that for years. Trelor will do well most weeks. He looks fit and no injury concerns, where Kelly has had plenty of injury concerns this year.

Grundy tapping it down will be better than Simpson/Patton

I’d go Kelly based on his best is better than Trelor, higher ceiling, but his injuries this year make me worried. However 66 does say that he is all well and 100% fixed.

• Russty_ says:

Hey Beard, I think Kelly is a top notch gun in the upper echelon of SC Scorers, as long as he's fully fit…last 6 games from last year were 103, 106, 127, 132, 144 , 106.
      Treloar's last 6 were…
      95, 86, 116, 105, 92, 95.

• TommyC99 says:

Interesting stuff russty. Difference with treloar this year is that he has:
        1. Cleaned up his disposal efficiency
        2. Playing in a better side, the last 6 games for the pies last year didn’t mean much, so motivation probably wasn’t there

• Russty_ says:

Cheers Tommy, just offering a comparison from last year which might not mean much in relation to this year because every year in AFL is a new year, Treloar's really coming along but I guess the main question is …who would you pick?.
          Probably Kelly for me.

9. Steve says:

Who's a better pick out of Simpson or Hurley

10. Sam says:

What to do with Nankervis?
    Is it worth trading him to Stef Martin or hold off until Grundy drops in price??
    (Already have Gawn)

11. The Ranger says:

Love ya work Damo, thanks mate.
    Just Macrae – Kelly for me this week.

12. TommyC99 says:

Is Ridley – Taylor worth it? Only 7 trades left but would give me 20 on field

13. SC_Sixty6 says:

It's time to go……. DANGERFIELD! 3 round avg of 101. No thanks mate you've been disappointing alllllll year. Sick of you playing FF while other premium mids continue to outscore you.

• Connor says:

How do you have trades to spare!?! HAHAHA

• neil demons delight says:

Wouldn't do unless you have plenty of trades

• Derek says:

Hey NDD, how is everyone’s final upgrades going? I see a few running low on cash. Same who traded expensive early.

• neil demons delight says:

I know I wont get there I am going for better cover on the lines otherwise I will run out of trades Been a bad year mate but still in some leagues cheers NDD

• The Ranger says:

I've been trading in value options all year Derek but I'm still having to settle for Wingard, Witherden and Taranto for the forseeable future. The rookies were good early but the mid season batch have not delivered.

• Derek says:

Unless you don’t have Fyfe or TMitch, there isn’t anyone else obvious to go to. Danger will be as good as any of the next 10. He isn’t injured, cant see any urgency to get rid of him

• Sam_01 says:

Take into account when Menzel and Taylor are back and got danger might wriggle back into the guts

• Russty_ says:

Nice if you can afford to do it, who you bringing in and how many trades left after this week?
      Are you keeping or ditching JJK?

• neil demons delight says:

I am 400 short of GUNSTON

• Russty_ says:

Maybe consider De Goey Neil, could be a surprise packet this year if he keeps getting midfield time.

• neil demons delight says:

never thought of him but he plays for Collingwood —this year NDD

• Shake_n_Bake_ says:

U can do it Neil!! & he’ll be in black n white next yr!

• neil demons delight says:

yeah and thanks for Labumba Shake

• Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Wasn’t bad for his 1st year Neil! But definitely was time to move him on when we did!! Only knew him at the pies as Harry.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Ditching JJK. Using brander as my swing to bring in my last premo defender. 6 trades remain.

14. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Yeo, Gray or Andrews for last premo spot? Ahern (mid/fwd swing with Spargo) or Smith (higher scoring capacity)?

15. NoLanguage says:

What are peoples thoughts on trading Austin to Taylor to field 17?

Too early and just roll with 16 or do the trade?

10 trades left and ranked 2015

• Sam_01 says:

Just above you in ranks right now 1970 something
      I’ve gone
      Austin to Taylor
      Phillips to jkelly
      Thinking of punting dusty but got minimal cash and trades baha

16. Sam_01 says:

Sidebottom vs Higgins
    Bum 3 rnd av: 106 , 5 rnd av 103
    Higgins 3 rnd av 114 , 5 rnd av 104
    Both with a soft draw pies don’t have to travel, north vsing trash
    Just looking for an excuse to trade dusty at the moment haha

• Derek says:

sidebum does score well against poorer teams. Bit expensive though

17. Sean's Mob says:

Trading out Doedee and JJK. Would you bring in:

A – Yeo and Gunston ; or
    B – Hurley and Gray.

Thanks

18. Steeeve says:

Which is better for the run home? Playing for leagues.

1. Eight trades, not much money, no premos on the bench.
    2. Five trades, premo cover on every line except ruck, a F7 premo to loophole every week (barring injury), a decent warchest.

Essentially, will five trades be enough for the rest of the year if I can cover one injury per week?

• Russty_ says:

Hey Steeeve, it's impossible to say mate, this season seems to following in the vein of 'Murphy's Law'…if it can go wrong, it will, so the more trades left the better I think, cause stuff will happen.
      P.S you don't need premo cover on the bench, just playing rookies.

• Derek says:

To win leagues, you must have trades left when you get to finals.

Just make sure you finish in the top 8.

• Steeeve says:

That shouldn't be a problem, am top at the moment. The allure of the premo f7/m9 is the loophole ability

• Derek says:

Never works out well. If you have players who are out of finals contention, they get rested, early operations, don’t care etc. you will need traded to ditch them.

• grove_street says:

When making your trades (if possible) consider players in teams that are middle of the table as a priority is my golden rule – they'll be pushing harder to win games in order to make finals (supercoach finals time) .. for this reason only i'm taking Treloar this week.

• Lazza says:

Option 2 if you want to win. But take your time getting there to avoid unplanned trades along the way.

19. Stupid Coach says:

Great Cheat Sheet Damp. Appreciate all the effort u put in each week. My options this week are:
    Option A – Doedee to Milocek and Henry to R Gray
    Option B – Option A plus Nank to Nicknat.
    Option C- Option A plus Phillips or ZGL to Ahern

Option A leaves me with 10 trades we the other two options leaves me with 9.

Appreciate any advice.

• Hawks says:

Im not sold on Mihocek, for around $10k more I would go early on Redman (he was very impressive in his 1 game).

Option A or C for mine, Gray is almost a must have.

• Russty_ says:

I reckon Joel Smith could be a better choice than Mihocek.

• Stupid Coach says:

Thanks Hawks and Russty. I'm worried that Redman has only played one game and might get dropped if the Bombers get done tonight. Thoughts on Murphy for NM.

• Florence Maxwell says:

Yeah cheers Damp

20. Russty_ says:

Nice work there admin…good to see you boys are on top of things, keep up the good work fellas πŸ™‚

• Sc_Wow says:

Glad your false comment was removed too! Cheers to the admin

• Russty_ says:

Even better, your alter ego's bullying comment was removed trying to tell someone what they can or can't post, speaking of false comments, I thought you were "done with this place" because everyone here was so stupid…we're all no less stupid or sheeplike than we were 3 days ago.
        What happened to your Adolf Hitler pic?…I kinda liked that one, it suited you.

• Sc_Wow says:

Hitler? That wouldn’t be another false comment would it? Look up Mike Bassett mate.
          Yeah and I’m pretty sure you’ve said the same thing a dozen times

21. Tiges says:

Thoughts on these moves with 200k in bank
    1. McCrae to kelly – mids already are titch, dust, Oliver, danger,cogs, Fyfe, Cripps
    2. Henry up to wingard
    3. Logan Austin to Hurley.
    This will leave doedee as M7, and 5k in banks with 7trades

22. John says:

Trading Brayshaw to Ahern and Holman to Oliver which leaves me with 10 trades and $98k. Just not sure if I should do a third trade and get Sam Taylor in, please help me make up my mind!

DEF: Laird Yeo Hurley Simpson
    Doedee Cole (Keefe Austin)

MID: Fyfe Cripps Titch Danger Martin Cogs Zorko Holman (Giro Brayshaw Phillips)

RUCK: Gawn Martin (Cameron)

FWD: McLean Heeney Gray Menegola Fritsch Sicily (Smith Guelfi)

23. Doc_1 says:

What are people’s thought on Rhys Stanley as a M7/R3 swing.
    High ceiling and early games in the rounds??

24. Rick Grimes says:

At least the JJK debate is over. Massive fail.

• DavidC says:

Yep Rocky won that one.

• SC_Sixty6 says:

You're comparing apples with oranges……one is a mid and the other is a fwd. It was never a one or the other trade.

• Grahame Lebroy says:

Massive fail indeed, too injury prone even at his cheap price

25. Rivo says:

Nice work Damo!
    Need help deciding community.

$85k and 10 trades left. Only 2 premos to go. Leaning towards option 2 or 3. Selections pending….

1. Henry, Austin & Higgins;
    In: Rocky, Wingard & J.Smith

2. Henry, Duman & Ridley to
    Rocky, Mihocek & J.Smith

3. Henry, Duman & E.Phillips to
    Oliver, Mihocek & J.Smith

4. Henry, Austin & Higgins to
    Rocky, Witherden & Ballard.

Which option is best?

• Rivo says:

Oh well, I guess it’s option 3 then?

• The Ranger says:

At this stage of the season I think JS has to be at the forefront of decision making Rivo so probably 1 or 4.
        Not sure Mihocek is in the Pies best 22 and both Reid and Moore are due back soon.
        He is bloody cheap tho eh?

• Rivo says:

Many Thanks Ranger. Pleased to finally get a response. Mihocek is a risk with JS. Ridley injured hurts a bit too. With option 1, Wingard would be a floating M9/F7 for loop after the byes. With option 1, Ballard has poor JS but would be bench cover after byes. So it comes to Witherden v Wingard. Maybe with Ridley down, Option 4 looks better.

• The Ranger says:

I've got the same problems down back with Ridley and Duman both spudding it up.
            If it comes down to Witherden v Wingard then I'd go Wingard.
            He makes a good M9/F7.

• Rivo says:

Yes he does, though he is a roller coaster POD. I think going early on Joel Smith is worth it. Will wait on team selections to make a final call. Good luck with your team also.

26. Sellars1226 says:

What about Zorko? I think he knows how to break the tag now and has scored 95+ every game since round 7 and is 30k cheaper then treloar or Kelly. And since he has had his bye he will be definetly on my trade options

• theRealPod says:

Zorko has the potential to go huge but can drop nasty turds. If you're looking for a POD then he's your man. Safest of the three is Treloar imo, Kelly injury prone.

27. Sitbooboosit says:

I haven’t been paying attention this week, has there been any comments about whether McLean will play?

28. No Ragrets says:

I’ve got 11 trades left after bringing in gray and ahern this week. I made the mistake of JJK last week so thinking of trying again with JJK our to either The Chad or Rocky – which one?

29. Josh says:

Clayton Oliver, Adam Treloar or Joshua Kelly???

30. FearTheBeard says:

Lads do I burn an extra trade leaving me low on only 3 to get Lloyd in as my final premium (swing Sicily down the forward line)

Will have cover everywhere with Austin, Redman in D & Giro, Joel Smith, Ahern in the mids & Battle, T Smith in the forwards….

OR

Do I save a trade not get either Joel Smith/Redman and take Westhoff as my final premium?

I kinda really wanna go Lloyd and feel i got good cover for a week/week injury though 3 for serious injuries is low. Not going for ranks just purely for league!

THOUGHTS?

Line up for premiums is :

McDonald, Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Savage (Lloyd would complete here)

Titch, Fyfe, Danger, Oliver, Kelly, Cripps, Coniglio, Dusty

Grundy, Gawn

Sicily, Gray, McLean, D Smith, Heeney, Buddy (if I took Westhoff Sicily goes back to D)

Advise please.

31. FearTheBeard says:

Also lads curious if you had Coniglio would you lean towards JKelly still over Trealor?

32. jjj says:

Fritsch to Wingard?

Who scores more from here?

• theRealPod says:

Wingard easy if he continues his current role. Hinkley has to be impressed with his form.

• Sam_01 says:

May also just be playing him into form and then stuff him forward who knows

• theRealPod says:

That's just speculation.

• Sam_01 says:

Not really speculation as he has played most of his career as a forward, id like to believe he will stay in the mid with current form but it’s so risky haha

33. r_calve says:

34. ben says:

when you bring in Kennedy and he scores a 40 and fractures his knee

35. Rabbits16 says:

Ahern, Yeo & T Macdonald in for Henry, Doedee & Macrae OR….

Ahern, Yeo & Sidebottom in for Henry, L Murphy & Macrae

Prefer Macdonald over Sidebottom but prefer id allso prefer to keep Doedee as a D6

• Rabbits16 says:

prefer id prefer also preferigng a preference reference inference difference preferred. Ignore my grammar above :,D

• The Ranger says:

Is Murphy at D6 if you do option 1?
        If so you have to do option 2 surely?

• PseudoRabbits16 says:

Sorry on a different gadget atm…. still rabbits here. With option 1 i will have Austin at D6 not trashdog murphy.

36. BockChoy says:

Team sheets pending, am looking at:

Macrae -> Oliver
    Kelly -> Hoff
    Ridley -> Crisp

Which will be 100% upgrades complete.

37. Magpie says:

Would love any thoughts…
    Austin to Hurley or McDonald
    T Kelly to Oliver or J Kelly
    Thanks heaps

38. Simo036 says:

Who has the better JS out of Redman (Esse) and Taylor (GWS)?

cheers

• Ja191 says:

I’d say redman but going off what happened with Ridley one poor game and both of them are out

39. Dave2008 says:

Team

B Hurley Yeo Laird Sicily Coffield Murphy Austin Duman
    C Fyfe Danger Martin Treloar Mitchell MaCrae M Crouch Cripps Phillips Spargo Petracca
    R Gawn Goldstein Orango
    F Dalihaus Heeney D Smith Henry Christensen T Smith Fritsch Guelfi

I am just outside the top 4 in my league and going for league. 17 trades left and 229,600 in the bank.

I was thinking of trading out this week:

Henry Austin and MaCrae for Gunston Crisp and Pendlebury
    Or
    B . Murphy MaCrae Phillips for Ahern Oliver and Simpson 170 k left

Or C. Murphy MaCrae Henry for Ahern Gray and McDonald 190k left

Any thoughts most appreciated!

• Cobee Bear says:

I like option C, as it strengthens your FWD and DEF line in one go. Sicily-McDonald swing is also handy.

• Sam_01 says:

Number two for mine (B) dunno why I just can’t get around big tmac as a sc option haha
        Option B simmo and Oliver are both great value at the moment that’s why I’d go B both guaranteed to be top options in the run home, not sold on tmac haha

40. Jambo says:

I’m surprised that Steele Sidebottom didn’t get a mention. At 492k, he’s a literally a ‘steal’.

• PseudoRabbits16 says:

Hes under consideration however alot of low scores for the sidebottom front boΕ₯tom backbottom whatever works

41. Reds22 says:

MaCrae to Treloar

Holman to Hurley

42. MEK says:

S Higgins or Sidebttom

• Sam_01 says:

I posted this on the other thread
      Toss of the coin sidebum has a proven history seems to be playing a lot more midfield time aswell
      I’ve brought him in for dusty was tossing up Higgins aswell very tough one both have similar 5 round average Higgins has a ten point higher 3 round average tho

43. Nick says:

At the risk of doubting the cheat sheet that has alsways served me well. Can some of you more experienced SCers offer some reason why I shouldn’ t select Smith over Taylor as a rookie downgrade for Doedee. I realize smith has only played the one game against Taylor’s 2 but are their other considerations.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

44. DanMil9 says:

Hey guys need your help!

westhoff ot gunston