PODCAST: OLD McDONALD HAS DPP, PICK HIM IN YOUR SIDE

Filed in Supercoach by on 18/06/2018 • views: 5620

WOAH MOMMA – it’s a big one.

This week is an action-packed, analysis-filled, laugh-a-thon*. Lek “Doggy” Dog and Dr Patch dig in to the forwards, the backs, the rucks, the forwards. We speak about the value, the rolled-gold premiums; the good, the bad and the ugly.

We have an exclusive interview with Alan Richardson where we discuss Jack Billings in detail, and speak about the Saints’ performances this season.

We also have a good old complain at Thursday night football, tread into some dangerous waters while discussing taboo players such as Shaun Higgins and The Chad.

You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll get Love Shack stuck in your head (#SorryNotSorry). Give it a listen!

*laughs not guaranteed

How are you tracking this week, community?

1. Patch says:

ALSO: I know Lekdog and I didn't discuss him (like many players) because we didn't have time but TOM PHILLIPS is also an option. At 525k, since round six he's scored 119, 131, 61, 121, 122, 131 and 52.

Personally won't touch him with Kelly, Oliver and Treloar at just 25-30k more, but one to consider.

Also just a general shoutout that you guys are the best. Keep being kind to one another you beautiful bastards xoxo

• grove_street says:

What about the Bont .. seemed to step up in the absence of Macrae

• KSinny says:

Slightly hyperextended his knee last game do maybe keep an eye on him and see how he holds up.

2. PizzaSafety says:

Keep up the good work lads, Well done again.

I've fallen 4000 places in the first two weeks of the byes to 6075 due to serious carnage, including over 1000 places because of accidentally captaining instead of Vice-captaining Macrae on Friday night.

What are peoples thoughts on Macrae to Oliver and Murphy to Redman, leaves me with 166k and 6 trades with only Ed Richards to upgrade. 5 trades should be enough to hold the team together with some level of cover.

Team will be:

Def: Laird, Sicily, Simpson, Yeo, Hurley, Richards (Redman, Ridley)

Mid: Titch, Fyfe, Oliver, Danger, Cripps, Cogs, J Selwood, Dusty (Ahern, Spargo, Giro)

Ruck: Gawn, Martin (Olango)

Forward: Gray, Heeney, McLean, Buddy, Smith, Walters (Guelfi, Smith)

Final upgrade will be Richards to Howe, Webster, Crisp or Ryan but probably Howe or Webster prior to R16 or R17 because with some luck and their cheap price that could enable me to trade Martin to Grundy. That will also depend on if I've used any more injury trades by then.

Thoughts?

• PizzaSafety says:

19 point gap in average between Martin and Grundy, so whilst in theory it's trading a premium to a premium the points it will give you are almost as much as upgrading a defender or forward rookie, so worth doing if possible.

• NoLanguage says:

I'm in a similar boat PS, would love to trade Martin up to Grundy but its a luxury atm.

Like the Macrae to Oliver trade unless you wanna go to Kelly?

3. DANGER1VDUSTY2 says:

91, 88, 87, 64, 103, 105, 85, 88.
    8 game average of 88.
    478k. BE 114

4. DANGER1VDUSTY2 says:

Who traded Dusty the other week (I did) when he was injured and had a bad upcoming bye week?
    Do people who have him plan on keeping him or upgrading?
    Does anyone plan on trading him in and hoping he will turn it around?

91, 88, 87, 64, 103, 105, 85, 88.
    8 game average of 88.
    478k. BE 114

• PizzaSafety says:

Can't really trade him to be honest, just have to hope that he can start scoring well again. He's almost definitely playing with an injury at this stage, he's not playing with the strength or burst that is usually there. Remember when Fyfe was traded by many last year but came back after they bye as a different player, the same could happen with dusty. At his price, as bad as he's been, you have to hold based on what he can produce if he can get some form back.

• PizzaSafety says:

If you can somehow get an M9 in Luke Shuey in the coming weeks because you have a plethora of trades left, he might be the guy to use until Dusty rediscovers his form.

• Ahmad rubas says:

I defintely won't be trading him out but if I didn't have him I wouldn't pick him up either. I got him round 10 instead of Elliot yeo which was a mistake but dusty should average 105+ after the bye

• redherringfc says:

I’m brining him in next week, as long as he’s named.

I’ve based my trades this week on having enough money (hopefully) to get him in a single trade.

• Cpt says:

Gooooone!

I have the trades up my sleeve.

• Lazza says:

Me …. got him at what I thought was rock bottom price .. he could end up my M9 with Zerret.. but I’ll be trading Zerret out before Dusty.. I have plenty of trades left (15), so on the cards toward the end of the H&A.

• Russty_ says:

I have to hold him now Lazza, paid for an Audi turbo coupe and ended up with a 1989 Hyundai Excel, need to recoup some of my investment.

5. Steeeve says:

How many trades will you have left by the time your side is "finished".
    I have a plan to be at full keeper plus premo swings across all lines except the ruck (f7/m9 premo). If all goes to plan, I will then have six trades remaining.

• Ahmad rubas says:

I'll have 10 trades left after the byes I'll be full premo with the spud premos I've kept all year. Might use 2 trades for next 5 rounds and hopefully have 8 trades come SuperCoach finals time

• Steeeve says:

Nice! I would have been around that mark but am biting the bullet and trading spud premos out now.
        Will come back to bite me if I need the trades later on but I will have swings to cover defence, forwards and mids so shouldn't need to use too many (fingers very crossed).

• Ahmad rubas says:

You sound like you are in a very good position. 6 trades should be more than enough with your cover and swings. I have 5 premo spuds in hibberd rocky petracca billings and lobb. I'm also including goldy as a legit premo thanks to his 4 consecutive tons but I think he might go back to the scoring he had at the start of season

• Steeeve says:

I'm including goldy too. He has a good final three games of the year so I'm holding.

• Tyruddanaut says:

I have finished with 4

• redherringfc says:

I’ll be finished next week with 9 trades left.

At some point in the next few weeks I’ll then trade a maxed rookie for a cheap bubble boy.

I’m now trying to decide if I sit tight or go for an extra premo on each line.

• Steeeve says:

I am still grappling with that decision but I think with a forward defence swing (McDonald and Sicily) plus a swinging premo m9/f7 like Walters six trades should get me through.

• Swans2012 says:

I reckon your looking good Steve, I'll have about 5 left with cover depending on what I decide to do this week

6. Rivo says:

With just 10 trades and $85k, every trade is gold now. 2 x premos short.

Rooks to cull – Henry, E.Phillips, Austin, Duman, Higgins.

Targets include – Oliver, J.Kelly, Rocky, Andrews, Hurley.

Would need to go 3 trades for one premo. Or possibly 2.

Any sugestions?

• Ahmad rubas says:

Bring in a midfield premo and let Austin fatten up a lot more so it's easier to bring in a defender premo

• Rivo says:

While I like Oliver, I’m considering the below. Is it a bit too short term fix or worth the punt…

Austin, Higgins & Henry to

Rocky, Wingard & Joel Smith.

Nice swing for M8/F9 and can wait another week or 2 to get final defender premo…

Thoughts?

• Ahmad rubas says:

I like it if your other 7 midfield premos are doing really well. I have 7 mids I'm happy with plus rocky. I personally think it's the worth the punt assuming you have no shaky premos in midfield

• Rivo says:

Thanks. Fairly comfortable. Current mids are:

Fyfe, Titch, Danger, Cripps, Dusty, Cogs, Merrett, Rocky (comes in), then bench would be Ahern, E.Phillips, & Giro.

• Ahmad rubas says:

Yeah I think that midfield is more than good enough because zerret should bounce back in the second half of the season

7. Ahmad rubas says:

How many trades are people planning to use between rounds 15-19? The rounds after the byes but before the SuperCoach finals

• red5 says:

not sure
      currently got 10

• jonny says:

I've got 14, was going to use 3 this week, and 2 for an upgrade to Dangerfield next week then should be near / 1 off full premo

• Finnius says:

Hopefully none. I have 5 trades in the kitty so hopefully can hang tight until finals and then make a few sideways through them (Crouch to Macrae could be enticing after he gets back).

• Rivo says:

Same here, 10 now, planning to exit byes with 7.

• Tyruddanaut says:

• Randomcliche2 says:

1 but I'm going for rank. Spent them already.

8. red5 says:

Hows Mihocek JS ??
    thinking In Brody Mihocek, Out Tom Doedee

9. Whatyasmokin says:

Do all comments get moderated now?

Why on earth my other post needs to be checked by site admin is beyond me

• Lekdog says:

There are a few things that trigger it, comments and some blocked words, where did you comment?

• fcabel says:

We have a zero tolerance drug policy here

10. Tyruddanaut says:

How does everyone feel about Tom Murphy (NM, Played R11-12, 124.9k, DefMid, average 41) in regards to JS

• Dice_real says:

If north were sitting bottom 6 i'd say get on him, i think north won't make finals and will decline till seasons end so he could be a handy little def/mid.
      i'm tipping you already have joel smith?

• Tyruddanaut says:

I need a player from North or West Coast in defense who will play one game and then get dropped for the rest of the season

• NoLanguage says:

Murphy has no JS. He’ll go out this week for Anderson

11. Cobee Bear says:

Hi all,

Always admired the community from afar. Looking to make my final defensive upgrade, would love your advice as to which is the better option:

Current DEF line up: Sicily, McDonald, Hurley, Yeo, Laird, Doedee (Austin, Ridley) [Both Sicily and McDonald can be DPP'd with Brander in my FWD line)

Doedee – Crisp
    Doedee – Andrews

Can also afford Lloyd and Simpson, but would like a POD.

Cheers

• Ja191 says:

I like andrews can't go wrong with either though

• Finnius says:

I am going Andrews, but only because I already have three collingwood players (Treloar, grundy and Howe). I think that Andrews has the higher ceiling, but also more likely to go lower. Crisp has been uber consistent over the past two months, but hasn't quite got the ceiling.

Depends on your situation and the rest of your team, as well as what you are playing for. Andrews for me.

• Cobee Bear says:

I agree. It'll probably end up being a quick coin toss right before rolling lockouts, followed by weeping come Sunday night

• Tyruddanaut says:

Is a POD going to score better than a popular guy? I don’t think so

• Swans2012 says:

Looks like a classic case of pod for pod sake, if you've got the cash Lloyd and Simpson seem best options

12. Richard says:

Welcome back cameo from Uncle Jock re – Richo

13. nankthetank says:

Hey community,
    Thoughts on getting on TMac in as my last defender (over Hurley and Howe) before he rises again? Can he keep his recent form?
    Cheers

• INPieman says:

A lot of money to pay for a key forward. He needs a bag to get a good score every week. Personally I'm passing

• pigjumpprusik says:

Agree, feel like you're paying max price for a guy whose got an unsustainable average

• Cpt says:

Do it!

I’d rather a long priced winner than a short priced looser.

14. KSinny says:

Should I upgrade 2 rookies to premos in the fwd and midfield or one fwd and then Nank to Grundy. If I do Nank to Grundy I still have 2 rookies to upgrade with 7 trades and 116k.

15. Andy says:

I can pick 2 out of cicily, tmac, yeo, andrews and crisp?

16. dontblushbaby says:

Rory Lobb out for a month if anyone still has him

17. EasyMoneySniper says:

Hey Community,
    Could you help me rank Howe,Hurley and The Hoff… Having trouble deciding my final premo spots?

• Cobee Bear says:

Hoff's form has been strong in the last few weeks, especially in a team that is building a really attacking gamestyle. DPP status is attractive as well.

• Defying_Madness says:

I would go Hurley. Look at his scoring before he got injured and his scoring last year. Was just starting to find form and now with the week off as well he should be fresh to go

• Redpill5 says:

Howe, Goff, Hurley for mine.

• Tyruddanaut says:

Hurley is the best value and highest proven scoring potential. Next, Howe. The Hoff scored best as a ruckman and Ryder is hogging that atm

18. Sam_01 says:

If it comes down to it and I can’t field a full side this round may just trade dusty to Phillips or Higgins got stuff all cash to work with
    My team is complete now with
    Savage Boak and dusty being my dud premos
    5 trades in the bank

• Sam_01 says:

Actually with the swings I have in place I can trade him to any mid fwd back under 535k

19. Fearthebeard says:

With news lobb is gone is trealor now more attractive then jkelly or Bont?

• FTB says:

Riviting responses lol don’t all rush

• Redpill5 says:

Probably because the question doesn’t make any sense. Are you suggesting that Kelly is less desirable because lobb won’t be rucking to feed him points??? Can’t see any connection to the bont or treloar?? In any case, Kelly, treloar, bont. Kelly will dominate regardless!

• Swans2012 says:

Nah irrelevant I reckon FTB, lobbe wasn't exactly giving them first use every stoppage, personally I rate kelly above the other two considering treloars ability to go missing for patches of seasons and Bonts injury ???'s

• Ftb says:

Thanks swans! That’s exactly
        What I meant. Is a depth ruckman gonna hurt his scoring.

Thanks for taking the time to answer.

• Swans2012 says:

No sweat, always happy to help derail other peoples seasons lol

• Defying_Madness says:

I think Treloar is a better option anyway

20. grove_street says:

What do we feel about the bont?

• Cobee Bear says:

I've had him all year and he has been pretty consistent, but drops the occasional sub-60 score. Also, he picked up a slight knee hyper extension against the Power, so might be worth seeing how/if that impacts his scoring

• pigjumpprusik says:

Not the week to trade him in, no Macrae, plays Jacobs.

• grove_street says:

has a breakeven of 63. This is the ONLY week to bring him in for my team – full premo next when sitting on 800k waiting for the last 2 trades to mclean and danger (After mclean drops $ this week with his ~180 breakeven)

21. Johnny says:

Rocky is tempting me at that price of 400k…
    I know I should stop being a tight ass and get j.kellybut it might mean I can get yeo down back sooner.
    My team is:

Def: laird Hurley Webster hibberd Sicily rice (naughton murphy)

Mid: danger Fyfe dusty Mitchell curnow oliver westhoff (holman brayshaw Phillips)

Ruck: Gawn nicnat (olango)

Fwd: McLean heeney gray smith ronke fritsch (Henry T.smith)

14 trades & 9k

Would love any input it’s all appreciated and taken onboard

• pigjumpprusik says:

If you can
      Rice to SImpson or Yeo
      Ronke to Kelly or Treloar (move Hoff fwd)

then downgrade Naughton before he bleeds cash

• Tyruddanaut says:

Naughton should go. To probably a premium. Look at Simpson and Yeo
      Bring out Ronke, push Westhoff forward (where he belongs) and bring in a rookie. I like J. Smith
      Downgrade another rookie and save the cash

• Redpill5 says:

You have a lot of trades Johnny and no cash. You should have dumped naughton when he did his ankle as he will bleed cash with such a high be. He might get a game this week though so if you need him for bye cover you could hold him for a few weeks until his cash regenerates. It’s not a great week to be downgrading but you could downgrade ronke or Henry to ahern if he gets a game this week

22. r_calve says:

oliver or kelly, the biggest decision of the week, which one should I pick?

23. BlueBaggerJosh says:

Lol great podcast lads, I have Higgins and the chad 😱

24. The mongrel punt says:

Is trading out Webster for Crisp or Harris Andrews a good idea.
    Not confident Webster will return with the same impact.
    Also Alan Richardson sounded a lot like Jock?????

• Redpill5 says:

I’m holding Webster. Rate crisp highly though. Not sure on Andrews, he has a high ceiling but a bit inconsistent

• Randomcliche2 says:

I heard a genuine interview…

25. Shake_n_Bake_ says:

If there is teams out there still looking to move on Nank just have a look at Goldy. Hasn’t gone under 100 in 4 consecutive weeks avg 114 over last 3. Plays bulldogs twice, saints last game. doesn’t come up against Melb or Port in run home still sub 500k

• theRealPod says:

Hmmmm will definitely free up cash for last upgrade on defensive line. Can he keep going? I reckon he's a bit soft not the old Gold.

• Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Could be a good pod. I think he can now go on and finish well…but then again 🤔

• theRealPod says:

I did hear him talk himself up on a recent chat on sen, and if the Roos keep winning.. the last few seasons they have been crap. I might sleep on it, cheers Shake.

• neil demons delight says:

Could be a great move worth checking Shake

• Shake_n_Bake_ says:

It’s definitely on the cards for me Neil. Forgot to remind you how were those pies??!! 😉

• NDD says:

bugger thought you would forget.. Never one to say anything good about the enemy lets say 'they were ok' Cox had a ripper too big mids great dunne great all good see you in the Cazaly granny mate

• Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Need to keep winning!! Would be great!!

• neil demons delight says:

check out fantasy supercoach .com all regulars there . great vibes mate cheers neil

• pigjumpprusik says:

Nah, I've unfortunately got him and cant wait until next week or the week after to move him to Grundy

• Dermin8r says:

also Sinclair from SYD, averaging 100 for the season, assuming you have Gawn, Nicnat or Grundy as your #1 ruck

26. Jim_bob321 says:

Hey community,
    Need some advice regarding my team at the moment. Having trouble on what to do but need some clarification from the community
    Beginning of this round, I have 8 trades, 36k and team looks like:

DEF: Laird, Howe, Simpson, Sicily, Savage, Austin (Cumming, Langlands)
    MID: Fyfe, Mitchell, Dangerfield, Duncan, Ed Curnow, Bont, Cripps, Coniglio (Giro, Ahern, Brown)
    RUCK: Gawn, Martin (Cameron)
    FWD: Gray, Mclean, Franklin, Westhoff, D Smith, Fritsch (T Smith, Battle)
    Any help will be much appreciated.

• pigjumpprusik says:

Don't have much cash, or rookies with value to be traded out. Maybe hope Smith plays this week or Giro keeps his spot and trade early to upgrade Austin

• Dermin8r says:

Or you could upgrade Fritsch to Gunston as Lek and Patch suggested last week, with Hawthorn's run home, Gunston should continue to score well. Good Luck!

27. Yeahnahyeah says:

Is it worth trading Guelfi for Wingard?

• theRealPod says:

F yeah why not?

• redherringfc says:

I’d hold that trade for a few weeks. Let Guelfi go up and look for a more consistent player than Wingard.

• pigjumpprusik says:

This would likely be the cheapest Wingard will be for a while, If you think he can average at least 90 between now and end of season, do it

28. fcabel says:

Jock Richardson…love it 😂😂😂

29. Shake_n_Bake_ says:

Will Kennedy play this week 🤔

• pigjumpprusik says:

Give you an answer 6.30 Thurs night

• Swans2012 says:

I'm thinking and hoping yes

• Derek says:

I was at game last Friday. He was stuffed. Could hardly run for most of second half. He must be doubtful.

• dontblushbaby says:

He was interviewed on 6PR today saying he is getting better everyday but has a "Bit Of A Fitness Test' tomorrow ,he couldn't put a percentage on whether he will play or not.
          With Darling already out they will give him every chance to play

• DavidC says:

No, might miss multiple weeks as well.

30. Dermin8r says:

I am at the stage of the season where I am using Patch's strategy of opening up my SC team and just staring maliciously at it, we are glaring at each other, hating and despising everything about each other; there are far too many players who are currently afraid to make eye contact with the coach; my mind is full of self-loathing and self-doubt, second guessing every single trade that I have made this year, and there is that voice in the back of my mind telling me that SC is not the game for me and I should just go back to the 90's and play pogs.

• JohnDJ59 says:

I decided a few weeks back that my season was stuffed, so I decided to use the byes to get rid of all the players I didn't want or like for ones that I did, my team looks so much better for it.

31. SCDemon says:

Gday Community,

Sharknado has already given me some good advice but thought I'd post on a fresher thread

Laird, Sicily, McDonald, Yeo, Simpson, Hurley
    (Smith, Mihochek)

Fyfe, Mitchell, Cripps, Dusty, Danger, Coniglio, Merrett, Oliver
    (Ahern, Higgins, Coffield)

Gawn, Nicnat (English)

McLean, Gray, Walters, Heeney, Hogan, Menegola
    (Fritsch, Keeffe)

This will be my final team next week and will only leave me 4 trades and $0.

My 3 questions :

Is it worth burning 1 more trade & straight swapping english to Cox – is he better coverage, will English come back? Would have to do this week due to funds.

Wait for Macrae instead of Danger? Or anyone else for roughly the same price?

Worth saving a trade & keeping Doedee on field? (Traded for hurley this week to field 18)

Basically i am just worried about coverage due to my lack of trades.

I have mid / fwd swing, def / mid swing & def / fwd swing.
    Just worried about ruck.

Call me crazy but even worth trading fritsch to cox…..

Need advice!

Cheers
    SCD

• JohnDJ59 says:

Do not trade Fritsch, he is still making coin, playing and scoring well and keep the four trades you have left, worry about the rucks when it happens.

• pigjumpprusik says:

Don't trade Cox in either. I'd assume if he didn't score 129 last week you wouldn't even consider him. Trading in a player who averages less than 60 for cover isn't going to provide much

• SCDemon says:

Started with cox and traded out early as i saw english as being adequate cover.
        Only onsidering trading him back in due to the fact he's played every game and is now seemingly better cover than english.

Fritsch out for cox would give me invaluable bankroll + give me ruc / fwd swing.
        (Would allow higgins, ahern, sicily, mcdonald & english to be able to cover fwd too)

If i don't trade in cox, would obviously have 0 ruck cover except English.

Worth 1 of my last 4 trades…?

• Hawks says:

Dont trade for Cox, he will continue to average 60 points.

If you need the cash, either trade Fritsch for Wingard this week, or for Billings next week.

Both Wingard & Billings are capable of scoring a 90+ point average for the rest of the season.

• Filth Wizard says:

You'll need 4 trades for injuries or players getting rested. Still 10 rounds to go.

32. Finnius says:

Robbie Gray or Harris Andrews?

Can get either using DPP. Gray obviously has better upside, but how much will he be forward for the rest of the year?

Andrews is a huge POD with a big ceiling. Was going to pass on Gray but feel very nervous in a league match when I DON'T have him. Thoughts community?

• pigjumpprusik says:

Answered your own question. If you feel that way with Gray get him in

• Dermin8r says:

I went with Gray a few weeks back and have no regrets. He has been scoring consistently and repaid my investment.

• Browncow says:

It’s the Buddy Effect. You think you can live without him and then panic when you see your opponent has him. Or like Derek said without Danger earlier in the year – hide behind the couch until it is over.

33. Jono says:

Hi guys,

The trades I'm thinking of doing this week includes;
    Phillips and Crowden out
    Rocky and Ahern in

I'm also unsure if I trade Touk Miller or hold him!! I'm leaning towards holding him and then trade out rd17 or rd18!!

Leaves me with $33,700k in the bank with 9 trades left!!

My team is;
    Defenders; Laird,Yeo,Hurley,Tuohy, Witherden and Sicily. (Heron and Redman)

Mids: Dangerfield,Dusty,Mitchell,Fyfe,Higgins,T.Miller,Phillips(Rocky) and Rayner. (Spargo, Barry,England)

Rucks: Gawn and Nic Nat (Cameron)

Forwards; M.Robinson,Buddy,Gunston,D.Smith,R.Gray and McLean. (Crowden/Ahern and Garlett)

• BadgerHoney7 says:

i like the pods in this team – higgins, witherden, gunston, robinson, tuohy, miller etc.

• Jono says:

Thanks mate, I have had Mitch Robinson from the start of they year so I'm very happy with this selection!!

34. benodonohue says:

Can anyone explain why I keep on getting the podcast a day later than the actual broadcast, it’s very annoying. Instead of putting aside 40 mins on a Monday night I’m having to wait until Tuesday night. It’s been happening for few weeks now.. Anyway my rant is over….

• KSinny says:

I get it Tuesday morning, try reloading the home page when u get on cause sometimes it doesn't update for a while.

• benodonohue says:

I’ve tried to refresh, closed and opened browser but nothing mate.. Thanks for your input though.

• Dice_real says:

Control & F5 should do the trick

• Lekdog says:

Not sure, we’ve had some issues with the site defaulting back to a previous state for some people but a refresh normally fixes it

• Lazza says:

I always have to refresh multiple times before it loads.. whether iPhone7, iPad or laptop. The latter updates sooner than the i ‘s which can take 6 or 7 refreshes.
        It’s a pain in the rse

• Russty_ says:

Hi Lazz, I find that when I log on, if I hit the "home" button and then the "refresh" button it seems to bring up the latest stuff everytime.

35. Doc says:

Ward over Kelly community?

36. Steeeve says:

Can anyone please tell me when round 23 fixture is announced?
    Need to know who to bring in as a permanent non playing loophole on the bench.

• Hawks says:

Normally announced minutes after the conclusion of round 22

• Steeeve says:

So impossible to know. That is very annoying. That's SC grand final week right?

• Randomcliche2 says:

Normally combination of ladder and travel.
      I'd guess lower ranked teams to nail the sunday slots. But looks like a fair few high low ranking matches. I reckon Carlton Adelaide will be sunday. Although bye round kinda changes reverses the importance I reckon.

37. Hawks says:

Appreciate the communities thoughts.

My team, as it stands now with 8 trades remaining & $130.6k in the bank

Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Sicily, Simpson Hurley (Cole, Austin)

Mitchell, Cripps, Kennedy, Coniglio, Martin, Fyfe, Rockliff, Boak (Holman, E.Phillips, Giro)

Gawn, Nank (Cameron)

Gray, McLean, Heeney, Hogan, D.Smith, Ahern (T.Smith, J.Higgins)

Thinking of the following trades next week-
    Cole to Redman
    Higgins to Dangerfield (via Boak)

This would leave me with Rockliff/Holman loop at M8 for the rest of the season, and Boak at F6 (with a chance of becoming Billings, depending on Boaks disposal efficiency in the upcoming weeks).

Appreciate your thoughts, and input as to possible better options available.

Thanks in advance

• Hawks says:

Alternately I could do the Cole to Redman trade this week, then do the following next week-

Holman to Dangerfield
      Higgins to Billings

This would leave Rockliff at M8, Billings at F6, and have Boak & Ahern available to swing from Fwd to Mid for coverage on the bench. With St.Kilda playing so many matches early in the round during the 2nd half of the season I could loophole Billings most weeks if either T.Smith or Ahern were dropped.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Don't danger. Oliver.

38. Michael says:

Oliver, Kelly or Cripps?

• Russty_ says:

Hi Mike, Oliver or Kelly solid choices, Crippsy is fading a bit and his team are sucking the big one lately, plus he could still be a bit banged up.

• Daniel Z says:

His team are sucking but I don't think he's "fading a bit." He had the shocker in round 11 against Sydney but aside from that has been solid all year.

39. Cpt says:

Kelly

40. TommyC99 says:

Treloar or Oliver? Leading towards treloar due to Collingwood soft draw

• Filth Wizard says:

Oliver for me he is a gun

• Sam_01 says:

Started treloar as my POD and I’m laughing would probably take Oliver though I’ve noticed treloar starting on the half forward and back at times, Oliver is a pure mid and gives you a vc/c option treloar has been a consistent 110 offerer tough to chuck the C on especially with all these emerging Collingwood point scores stealing his points

• SC_Sixty6 says:

Tough draw is good for tight contests…..means contested ball….meaning big points.

• Finnius says:

Soft draw means a soft midfield to play against and more footy for the team dominating though

41. Dermin8r says:

Hi community, with Macrae out for a month, instead of the suggestions from today's podcast, since I still do not have Danger, Selwood, Gaff or Neale in my team, is this my big chance to bring at least one of them in? Thanks in advance.

• theRealPod says:

Yes, bring in Danger, Neale or Selwood. I'm not impressed by Gaff, overrated imo.

42. theRealPod says:

JJK not playing this week, out injured.. source Tim Gosinge on SEN

43. Florence Maxwell says:

Was Latte's 99 just a flash in the pan or do we think he can find some form to finish the year?

44. Blue Steele says:

Can someone please check if Wow is okay? This post has been up for a day and he hasn't mentioned his rank yet.

• Putin says:

His golden boy pick Kennedy might have gotten him down. A 48 last week and 0 points this week make that selection a dud

45. borman says:

is pendels a good footballer?

• Blue Steele says:

Pendles is an excellent footballer but in terms of SC scoring, he's taken a little step back with some of the young guns taking on more responsibility. There's too many dudes in that side who can have big games and rack up points (Adams, Treloar, Steele, Crisp, Phillips, etc) but it's hard to know which ones will dominate on any given week.

• Swoopster says:

I have him. I think he's just going through a form slump, and has been given some defensive assignments in recent weeks.
      He's a proven SC scorer and will come good. hoping will avg 105+ rest of year.

• Randomcliche2 says:

Is the pope catholic?

46. Swoopster says:

Hi Community

Anyone else have my Petracca headache?
    Thoughts on Petracca to Rockliff at M8?

Current Team:
    Def: Laird, Sicily, Simpson, Yeo, Lloyd, Ryan (Austin, Duman)
    Mid: Titch, Fyfe, Oliver, Danger, Kelly, Pendles, Walters, Petracca (Ahern, E. Phillips, Barry)
    Ruck: Gawn, NicNat (Cameron)
    Forward: Gray, Heeney, McLean, Buddy, D.Smith, Fritsch (Garlett, T.Smith)

11 TRADES LEFT ; $82,300 REMAINING SALARY

Next or following week will trade out Fritsch, swing Walters forward, and bring in Cripps.
    So Petracca is my final premo upgrade.

47. 3lostboys says:

Hi Guys,

After advice if anyones offering! Walters and Richo F**ked me leaving me with 17 players. I've dropped in the rankings from 500 to 671 :(. I have $80k and 9 trades.

DEF: Laird, Yeo, Lloyd, Simpson, Sicily, Witherden (O'connor, Coffield)
    MID : Fyfe, Titch, Danger, Cogs, Cripps, Gibbs, Rocky Banfield (Spargo, Brodie, Phillips)
    RUCK: Gawn, Grundy (BigO)
    FWD: Mclean, Heeney, McDonald, Gray, Walters, Guelfi (Waterman, Ryan)

• Derek says:

you urgently need a premium at M8. you might need to look in the bargin bin and get a Gibbs 475k, Pendles 476k, Adams 466k, Dusty 478k, Crouch 487k.

Say you sell Banfield & Guelfi to Ahern & JSmith. that will net you $342k. lets you upgrade Brodie or Phillips (whoever doesn't get named) – keep Spargo for DPP.

Get a bargin premium for under $475k leaves you $175k in bank to upgrade Waterman to Buddy next week.

48. TheGreatBozza says:

Gday community. I've dropped to around 3000 over the byes, mainly due to not being full premo quick enough. I've been conservative with trades and it's cost me at the moment, but I'm hoping it'll pay off towards the back end of the season

Anyway what are some trade thoughts this week? 14 trades left, 238K bank

B: Simpson, Sicily, Savage, Howe, Laird, Richards (Doedee, Austin)
    M: Mitchell, Danger, Cripps, Dusty, Fyfe, J.Kelly, Pendles Coniglio (Holman, Giro, Higgins)
    R: Grundy, Gawn (Hayes)
    F: Gray, Walters, D.Smith, McLean, ZGL, L.Ryan (T.Smith, Ronke)

1st two trades are locked in: Doedee to Yeo, Higgins to Ahern

Last one is up in the air to trade in:

DEF PREMO: Crisp or Hurley
    FWD PREMO: McDonald
    MID PREMO: Oliver or Treloar

My FWD and DEF are both 1 premo short each so I'm leaning towards one of those options, and run with Dusty & Pendles as M7 M8 for now

• Deadly says:

McDonald

• INPieman says:

Ronke to the ever reliable Brandon Zerk Thatcher 117k Def/Fwd from the bombers. Nice cash grab & a swing with Sicily. Sets you up for another upgrade next week with all teams to choose from

49. Crow94 says:

Looks like im holding Nank for the year….
    F#ck you JJk!

50. Dermin8r says:

After staying quiet last week, I went bold this week! Out: Macrae, Darling McDonald (NM) – In: Neale, Yeo, Sicily. wish me luck!

• Derek says:

Neale averages 92 when Walters plays and 118 when Walters doesn't. significant.

• Dermin8r says:

Yeah, you've talked me around, and I've swapped him to Treloar after sleeping on it. Plus I have new Captain option for this week since Collingwood is playing Carlton, and whichever player on your team is facing Carlton is always a great option for the "C" each week.

• seen_burns says:

Neale also doesn't play this week.

51. NoLanguage says:

Keep up the solid work boys!

Crazy carnage over these first two weeks but last week was a lot better than R11. Managed a respectable 1836 jumping back to a rank of 2015.

Current team looks like this:

B – Laird, Yeo, Ryan, Simmo, Savage, Richards (Austin, Keeffe)
    M – Fyfe, Mitchell, Danger, Cripps, Parker, Cogs, Merrett, Dusty (Phillips, Ahern, Giro)
    R – Gawn, Martin (Cameron)
    F – Heeney, Sicily, Gray, McLean, Smith, Walters (Guelfi, T.Smith)

10 trades & $117k in the bank.

Planning on getting either Crisp or McDonald in as my last def upgrade but need a bit more cash. Is it too early to punt Austin for Mihocek this week? What are people's thoughts on his JS?

Also will Tim Smith get back in the Melb side? Any suggestions always welcome thanks guys 🙂

52. NoLanguage says:

Redman or Mihocek? For and against for both???

• Sam_01 says:

Mihocek most likely gets dropped for Reid and will be competing for that spot
      Redman I don’t know to much about but bombers are in shambles and I’d say they would be getting some fresh faces in their squad

• Derek says:

He is only $102k

Squeezes the most cash out. Might be difference in your next upgrade

• INPieman says:

Check mate won't be around for long

53. Sam_01 says:

Community possibly my worst trade of the year last week jumping early on brander hoping for coverage throughout the byes will be an absolute punch in the gut if Spargo gets named this week…
    Should tim smith not get up this week which I feel like he won’t, thoughts on trading savage to Hurley? Was gonna wait and get Webster but if im copping a 0 this week due to sav might aswell flick him yeh?

• Derek says:

Do you at least have Sicily?

Can use Brander as your non-playing Def/Fed swinger with Sicily.

WCE have a lot of Sunday games at end of year, let’s you swing Sicily and or Brander for loopholing. Just need a decent F7 or D7 who play early. I’m going with Billings and McGrath as both saints and Essendon have a lot of Friday games. If one does well on bench, you swing Brander to take their bench score.

Brander can be quite a valuable player

54. dontblushbaby says:

Anyone thinking of putting the VC on Yo Yo ? I currently have Mitchell into Grundy

55. INPieman says:

Love it DBB

56. theRealPod says:

With the vacancies in the WC fwd line who we thinking will take up the job?

• Russty_ says:

Lycett and McInnes will have to be the 2 talls now.

• Derek says:

Vardy has played 4 games in seconds!!?

• theRealPod says:

Not sure they'll both play fwd. Simmo might go small will be interesting to see which way he goes. Maybe Yeo?

57. Mark says:

9 trades left, dropped rank from 37 down to 179 last week and $5,200 in the bank. Thinking I might hold this week?

Def: McDonald, Lloyd, Laird, Yeo, Simpson, Webster (Doedee, Austin)
    Mid: Fyfe, Mitchell, Oliver, Treloar, Cripps, Coniglio, Merrett, Rockliff (Phillips, Giro, Ahern)
    Ruck: Gawn, Martin (McInerney)
    Fwd: Heeney, Sicily, Gray, McLean, Hogan, Smith (T.Smith, Keefe)

Got some good DPP links in there as well and all playing rookies I think or those that can get games minus Keefe. Happy to play Rockliff as my M8. Should get me through any injuries hopefully with 9 trades. Thoughts?

• Mark says:

Could possibly downgrade Doedee a week early or maybe wait? until he's on the bubble?

• Derek says:

Back to only 2 trades next week.

I’d cash in Doedee this week (maybe JSmith DPP) so you have some cash for next week. Rocky not a keeper.

• Mark says:

was thinking that, but not too sure about going a week early with him plus down to 7 trades then:) Maybe??? lol

• dSaSPatSfcB says:

Mate your team is kicking a55, keep doing what your doin, I'd take advice from you as much as anyone, hope you can power on to the finals.

• Mark says:

cheers mate. glad I didn't go early now on Redman. On crutches end of the game. See how he pulls up next week I guess before a downgrade. No trades this week and fielding 19:) Hopefully, can move back up.

58. Kevdup says:

Anyone considering Gunston? Looks like a nice POD

• Kevdup says:

No. Silly idea. too cheap and inconsistent. bring Sicily to fwd and get Hurley

59. Fffan84 says:

Hey guys need so advice with my team which is as follows:

15 trades 285k

Def: laird, deedee, Sicily, yeo, Simpson, Cole, mira, l Murphy
    Mid: j kelly, d Martin, danger, Oliver, fyfe, Holman, cripps, Mitchell (Barry, Phillips, giro)
    Ruck: gawn, nankervis
    For: r gray, Hoff, heeney, d smith, Mclean, fritsch, Henry, t smith

Thinking Henry to ahurn at this stage but unsure what to do after that.

Maybe eiter / both Holman and deedee to premo? Or Should I hold onto them and offload non playing or under performing rookies like Barry, mirra, l Murphy for extra cash and 2 upgrades next week?

Cheers

• Derek says:

Build warchest and get rid of non-players. Some good players coming off their byes next week. Use 3 trades this week, only get 2 next week. Bang bang

• Fffan84 says:

Yeah that's what I am thinking.

Doedee, Henry and Barry gone.

Going Doedee to Hurley, still undecided about who to go with the other 2 either Ahern for Henry and J Smith for Barry or Ahern for Barry so i have the DDP link then Battle for Henry. Thoughts or any other suggestions?

60. Gem says:

14 Trades – 330K – Your trade suggestions are appreciated.
    DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Austin, Doedee, Yeo, T Cole (Laird, L Murphy)
    MID: Rockliff, Danger, Fyfe, Cogs,Titch, Holman, Petracca, Brayshaw, (Giro, E Phillips, Dusty)
    RUC: Gawn, NicNat (Olango)
    FWD: Heeney, Maclean, Sicily, Fritsch, D Smith, Guelfi (Buddy, Billings)

• Derek says:

Murphy to Ahern. Swing Sicily to defence.

Doedee and Brayshaw to premiums

• Mark says:

3 trades. Unless you plan on keeping Billings, I'd trade him up or down as well.

61. NoLanguage says:

Taylor or Mihocek for Austin?

• Lekdog says:

I went Mihocek for cash but don't be surprised if he gets dropped next week

62. Derek says:

I really liked the Richo interview. Quality

63. DanMil9 says:

Hey guys need your help!

westhoff ot gunston